2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

formerly GE Money Bank

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.94/5

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

GE Capital Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Capital?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Capital?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I opened a JCPenney credit card in May of 2015. I used it as I needed and paid it off immediately! I was inactive for 3 month, practicing good credit common sense, hoping for rewards, instead Synchrony Bank closed my account because I let it go dormant. I tried to get them to explain and the manager [Danniele] told me because I let my account go dormant. The result of them closing my account dropped my credit score by 32 point. This bank should be reviewed for their practice.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

Do yourselves a big favor. Stay as far away from Synchrony Bank as you possibly can. They are thieves. They are rotten thieves, with little to no customer service contact when you want to call them and tell them that you already made your monthly payment, and to stop calling you every other day, with a recording that says, "You did not make your payment," when you have your confirmation number issued by this company every month that you made your payment on time.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

My problem with Care Credit Synchrony Bank is their ridiculous online website. One would think with as many companies they represent for credit that they could have a decent site. I think they intentionally make it difficult to so that the accrued interest has to be paid. I do not use paperless billing as I do not trust this bank to provide. They are so incompetent. And if one does not accept paperless billing, one cannot view statements online. I like to pay online but going forward will have to pay by check. The statements always arrive very late after the closing date with a very small window to get the check written and mailed in a timely fashion, like 3 days.

I always tried to pay the statement right after the time I knew to be the closing date. I started keeping extensive notes as to closing dates, charges and balances as Synchrony could not be relied upon to provide correct information. Every single time I log on I have to change my password as they say my password does not match. Believe me when I say I keep accurate records of my passwords. I have had this account for years and now they are saying my SSN and DOB do not match my account number. I only use this card for medical emergencies. I doubt will use again. I truly believe they make it difficult on the cardholders intentionally.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

Same thing. This garbage company closed my account after only being inactive for 3 months; stuff like this defeats the purpose of building a credit history. I was never late. I actually paid my balance off early and I was rewarded with a closed account for inactivity of 3 months. I called mysynchrony whoever these broken English speaking people were. I asked "how long would it take before an account is closed for no activity?" The customer service stated "two years of inactivity." Then I asked "why was my account closed for after 3 months of full account payment? I was never late and paid off my complete balance early." She replied she don't know but a letter was sent out. Now I can't even pull up my past purchase history. I only had this card for less than a year thru sweetwaters.

This is totally a waste of trying to build credit when the only thing they did was hurt it. This is the opposite of helping. It's more deliberating destroying credit.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

Synchrony Bank charges accounts for fees that hurt consumers, are predatory credit practices, and cause much damage to credit records undeservedly. I would not do business with this bank for any reason or with any retailer who uses their services. If you accidentally miss a payment they will add a large late fee, even if you immediately correct the situation. They continue to add fees while it is in dispute. This is what happened to me and it hurt my credit which cost me a job opportunity and hiring premiums on insurance and other payments. They truly need to be reigned in, but nobody seems willing to do it.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

They sent me an email for my first statement saying it is online. I can't log in because they say my information is not available online. I call customer service and after fighting through the long automated system, I finally get a representative. He is not helpful at all, and in all fairness, me being rude to him probably didn't help. He never helped us, he gave me his scripted answer which didn't apply, and refused to do anything else. I still can't access my statement or my account. I am not sure how I am supposed to pay my bill. I asked for paper statements, but he gave me a vague answer that didn't mean I was going to get a paper statement. What now??? I did what he said, and just as I expected, it didn't work and I am back at square one.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

I'm completely upset with Toys R Us. Not sure why TOYS R US are spoiling their reputation by providing credit cards operated by Synchrony Bank. This bank is useless.. Very very poor customer service. When I talk to customer service, I feel helpless. They don't understand anything. I made a purchase worth 46$ using the Toys R Us card, later I made the payment to Toys R Us via my BofA account but after 3 months I got message from BofA that my transaction got failed.

I have hard time telling Sychrony Bank that I made genuine attempt to repay the amount. I even got the BofA letter issued stating that i made an attempt to repay the amount but the Synchrony bank is not accepting. I don't know how to deal with them. My entire credit history which was well maintained for years got severely impacted because of this incident. I suggest everyone to avoid credit cards issued by Synchrony Bank to avoid nightmare.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

I opened a Belk card with these losers and closed my account a month later. Since then I have been hit with late fees when I still see online payments pending. The funds were deducted from my bank and yet they charge me twice in one month. DO NO BUSINESS WITH THESE CROOKS.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

I had the misfortune of applying for credit with, walmart, amazon, and qvc. It started out, purchases were made and I started paying back immediately. I was hospitalized for 3 weeks and when I started back paying on my accounts, my bill has increased almost $200.00 and when you called or go online you dont see none of your payments and where they get you if dont pay it off in 6 months, they hit you with outrageous penalties. They can never explain what happened to your payments you've made. I tried to send my items back and wipe my account clean. They wont accept anything after 30 days, so you're stuck with them. I'm also thinking about filing bankruptcy on them as well.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

I have never seen a more pathetic excuse for a financial entity. I have at one time held 7 accounts with GE but since Synchrony took over, I have closed all but 3. Closed one tonight. I will stay with reputable, consistent and "human-ran" companies such at Cap One. Synchrony I hope to see your company fall from the skies in a ball of flames. To hell with you!

GE Capital (formerly GE Money Bank) Company Information