Free1040TaxReturn.com

Compare Tax Services

Research top Tax Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was dissatisfied with the tax prep website "Free1040TaxReturn.com". I found the data entry and navigating inflexible and clumsy. Getting locked at the end... I ended up re-entering all the data on another site recommended by a family member. Don't waste your time with "Free1040TaxReturn.com".

I filed my taxes on the 15th of April. I did not print my taxes just in case the return was rejected, didn't want to have to print twice. I paid for the services 39.99 as I did not qualify for the free e-file. My son also filed his taxes through them. Came home on the 16th to check if they had been accepted and come to find out the website is under construction and can't access anything. There is no phone number, no email to contact them either. So now is the 17th and I'm panicking! Called the IRS and I can't get through. The recorder says they have a high volume of calls and to try another time. I don't know what to do.... File again, wait... I don't know and it's both of our returns, my son's and mine. The worst part is they were under the IRS website as one of the referred to prepare your return with. Out of ideas, I'm just worried because I don't know if they just wanted my payment and personal information. Is it identity theft?

It may be one of the worst on-line tax return sites I have ever used. After I filed, it was rejected. I had a difficult time finding out why it was rejected, and then was charged an additional $11.00. I will not use this site again.

Filing a return - I tried to e-file my daughter's tax return. Before I could review and submit, I asked a question and logged out. Now the site won't let me get access and I don't know if the returns were filed or not.

I filed my Illinois state tax return on the free 1040 tax return inc website and had an error on the signing page. The website informed me of the error, but will not make my return available for me to correct it. I have paid them for the service by debit payment.

There is no phone contact for assistance and the company will not email me back. I filed 02/27/11, so my papers should be available. They should have a browser next to the message for access the information that needs to be corrected. I'm concern that my information is in the right hands.

I have paid for an incomplete service and I will have to file my state tax again. I would like for someone from the company- a person to let me know where my information is.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Free1040TaxReturn.com?

I completed my Federal and California State Tax Returns with this Business on Line. I have tried to get a copy of my Tax Returns from the site but it does not allow access. They state that the password and name do not match (of course, they do). I feel so helpless trying to get copies of my returns! I also received nothing stating that they had filed my state return! I do know they did get the money! Why is the IRS allowing them to do business under the IRS Name! Please let the public know about them!

I filed with this company for electronic return with direct deposit. I could not get a copy of return for four days. When I was finally able to print my return, I saw that they did not do my direct deposit and it was to be mailed in three weeks. I was not expecting 8 to10 days as with direct deposit. I have not gotten an answer from them explaining why. I needed the money to pay rent and bills as I am laid off from work.

I e-filed 2009 taxes through Free1040TaxReturn.com. They made an error on one of the schedules and IRS rejected the return. I contacted their customer service four different times and have never received a reply. Of course they have charged me for this incompetent work and I must refile. This company should not be allowed to offer services.

This tax service was listed on the IRS site as well as on Yahoo. The description said, people with less than $28,000 income can use the site to file for free. I spent an hour and a half on my brother's return, then they charged $40. If I had filed earlier this year, I wouldn't have paid, but I have two more returns to do, so I felt I had no choice. $40 for a service that was supposed to be free.

I used Free 1040 Tax Return.com, Inc. online to file my federal and CA state taxes. I requested customer service to assist me in printing out a copy of my federal return over 10 times with no answer to correct the problem. I have already paid $39.95 for this service. There is a problem with the login process that does not allow me access to print a copy of my federal return. I needed a copy for a court appearance and was fined $100.00 in fees because I was unable to present a copy of my federal return. I used the website on Wednesday, March 17, and still have not had a solution to my problem. I recommend Free 1040 Tax Return.com, Inc. to pay me for my $100.00 fee, and be removed from the official IRS referred list.

Free1040TaxReturn.com Company Profile