1.2/5 (42 ratings)

About Free1040TaxReturn.com

Free1040TaxReturn.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Free1040TaxReturn.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Free1040TaxReturn.com?

Original review: March 12, 2021

Well designed and fairly simple website. My only criticism (and it seems to be the problem I always have filing taxes) is the wording. Sometimes it was hard to understand exactly what was required in certain fields. I wish things were stated in simple English so I could better understand. But, this service was only $26 compared to over $100 for Turbo Tax "free".

Original review: May 13, 2021

Tax.creditkarma.com says I might get a $1000 tax refund due to having only college expenses. Hopefully this is right. I didn't have any problems with Free1040Tax, but they did not say I would get any refund. I'd love to get a tax refund.

Get buying tips about Tax Software and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 2, 2021

This has been the worst experience from a supposed Professional Service Company I have ever received. Turns out my 2019 Tax Return was incomplete...since July 15,2020. I would ask how I was able to pay $3036 thru PayPal (and posted to my IRS Account on July 18,2020) and the return be incomplete. I was never notified by this company that I needed to do anything more than I did. Curiously, the first thing I had to do to access my return was pay $39.95. Even though filed in the year due and the day due, the year has advanced to 2021 and they now consider this a Prior Year Return and it does state this fee on the "Landing Page".

Once I paid and gained access, the program went to the Voucher Page. Couldn't do that because already paid. Bold Red Warning "Do not mail this return". After going thru their message system, which was cumbersome at best, they modified the page to now state "Print, Sign and Mail your Return". Missed $6800 in Stimulus Payments due to this company's Incompetence. USER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Do not use this tax prep service. They said they could do my MO state return but then said I could not. The customer service is non-existent. The ** site states they could support all states but they do not. They have given me nothing but grief.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I used this free tax service. Their website said AZ tax returns for 19.99, yet no link to state site. Tried other site, had to enter info again and they got me $1100.00 more refund than these clowns. When I asked Free1040 about why, all I got was attitude from customer service. Looks like I will be filing an amended return because these jokers don't ask the right or same questions that other free sites do. $1100.00 difference with other sites, hopefully a fraction of the attitude.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Not only did they charge me $39.99 after stating it was free, but they never submitted my return! I've contacted support with no reply back! But they sure took the money from my bank account! The IRS directed me to this site to file for free and was charged for a service I didn't even receive!

Original review: June 8, 2020

They claim my payment was returned, which makes no sense. I wouldn't have received my refund in my bank account if they had the wrong information. The only way to talk to them is through a message center. They are rude and refuse to send proof to their claim. Because it's a scam.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I completed my 2020 taxes with this company. My federal was free, they charged me $19.99 for my state taxes, which I expected. I entered my debit card number. When I paid I got a screen that said "payment successful", or something very close to that. Five days later I got an email that said my payment was returned due to an incorrect bank number. I clicked on the link in the email and I logged in, only to find that they had locked my account and said that I now owed them $54.99. The only way to contact them is by their message center.

I sent multiple messages stating I was happy to pay the $19.99 I owed them, but I was wanting some proof that the number error was mine, because in my opinion $35.00 is a lot of money for a numerical error. They repeatedly refused to produce any evidence, would not give me a phone number to call to speak to anyone and began threatening me. I continued to try to reason with them, and now they have me completely locked out. I feel that proof that it was my error is only right, otherwise they could say this happened to every customer. This is a terrible company and I cannot find any way to file a dispute with them.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Do not use them. Customer service was atrociously rude, condescending, unprofessional, their site was horrible and although their end message said filed nothing had been done. They placated me as long as the could. I sent as many screenshots as I could before they locked me out of the account to **. They did that because I told them I had which was evidence to me they were truly fraudulent. I'm worried now they have all my sensitive info and banking info as well ** needs to get their link off their website and fast.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Let me just start this review by saying that I have no idea why this company has such poor reviews. I used this website after family member recommended it to me. I've never filed taxes myself before so I was pretty stressed about it and unsure. Process went very easy and smooth. I just copied information from my w2 making sure everything was correct multiple times. I got my California state tax in a week. Federal one took around 4 weeks. It was all deposited to my bank account. And yes it was free (Ca state one was 19.95) which is a bargain considering my tax preparer charges 125 for everything.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I would give it a zero if possible. I filed a return for my daughter. IRS did et the federal so I hope she gets return soon. But site said the state return would be available on 2/15/2020. Now site does not say a date. It is illegal to efile your state return on another website after filing federal on any website. They told me, "See the home page." I did use another site to see if my figures were correct before using this one without filing with them since it was going to cost a lot. So now will just mail in the state one. I am mad and hope they get shut down.

Free1040TaxReturn.com Company Information