Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

3 Fortress Gold Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I wanted to invest in gold using most of my IRA savings and was advised by the Fortress agent to purchase "gold proofs". He said he had an extraordinary special and I would increase my investment very soon. The price of gold spot was $1075.00 per oz at the time and these special proofs were only $1740.00. Not knowing gold prices I made the purchase as he assured me they would buy them back at any time only taking a small commission. Gold has since gone up to $1220.00 spot price but when I called to sell some of my purchase they would only give me $1240.00 for the proofs saying they lost their value. I lost $21,500 even when gold went up. Proofs were not worth it and Fortress Gold Group "SCREDED" me with false claims of their worth... Never use this company.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I bought some silver from David ** with Fortress Gold Group in Jan 2016. Silver price at the time was @ $19 per ounce. Fortress Gold sold me proof coins in the $65 range. I called David ** back and balked at the price. David assured me that the proof coins he was shipping me were worth the $65 per ounce as they were collectible proof coins. In fact he said the price had already went up over a $1. Like a fool I accepted his word. I recently had to sell some of these coins to satisfy my IRA RMD and was informed those coins were never worth more than $30 per ounce. Numerous calls to Fortress Gold and David ** over the past 3 months were never answered or returned. Stealing $30,000 from a Senior Citizens IRA should be illegal.

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I’ve dealt with Fortress Gold for 3 years. Up until this past December I was satisfied. But in December I needed information so I tried reaching Morgan, my broker. His extension did not work, so pressed 1 to leave a message, no one called me back, tried this over several days, no response, then tried pressing 0 for an operator, left message to call me back. Never happened. Today minutes. I finally gave up. Are they still in business.

Fortress Gold Group expert review by Barbara Friedberg

The Fortress Gold Group is a precious metal brokerage company that believes investors should be engaged with their investments. The company allows clients to invest their IRAs or buy gold, silver and platinum coins.

• Collectible platinum coins: Collectible coins can be more valuable than bullion over time, which is why many people choose to include them in their investment portfolio. Fortress Gold Group is unique in that it offers collectible platinum coins as well as gold and silver.

• 3-step IRA investment: For clients that want to invest their IRAs into gold and silver, the Fortress Gold Group website allows a quick and easy three-step signup to get started with their professional advisors.

• Easy to understand purchasing process: Unlike many other brokerage companies that make actual purchase seem confusing, Fortress has a straightforward process of introduction, education, confirmation and delivery.

• Gold IRA diversification: Fortress makes it easy to purchase gold and add it to your existing IRA.

• Brinks storage: Fortress partners with Brinks Global Services to provide gold, silver and platinum storage in top security locations in Los Angeles, New York and Salt Lake City.

• Best for: Great option for savers, skeptics and savers plus income generators, retirees and seasoned investors thanks to the range of options, ease of signup and focus on IRA rollover.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg