Fidelity Mortgage

Out of Business

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

What a waste of time, I was looking for a company that I could refinance with and talked to several banks and mortgage institutions. This is not my first time refinancing a property so I do know how it usually plays out, I have great credit and make great money. The rep I was working with was great. No problem with him. I ended up getting stuck between going with this company and another. I told Fidelity what Quicken Loans was offering with interest rates and closing, and Fidelity responded back with a 3.81% for 30 year and about a 3% for a 20 year with a closing around 3k. Sounded good. But not much different from Quicken Loans other than the closing.

Quicken Loans contacted me back saying they could bring down closing for me. But I choose to go with Fidelity because that's what they told me from the get-go and I thought that held some merit. So after giving all paperwork and more paperwork giving them everything needed it drag the process out for 6 weeks or more. Then my card got debited for $450 from appraisal company they choose. Which I got told it would be $350 but did not care at that point. Just wanted to finish the process already. Seven days passed and still no call from appraisal company to scheduled a time to look at the property.

During this time I was talking to Fidelity rep about this and he said he would take care of it, and that it's been too long. So he called then my card got debited for another $150. Okay not sure why. Called him back and he was also confused. Fidelity rep called back and said he was going to go with another appraisal company and that he also had some bad news, that now the % rate for the 20 year is going up to 4.25% and would stay the same for the 30 year. That makes no sense. Why would I pay for just a .75% drop and why would the 20 year be the same as the 30 year not to mention the good faith estimate they gave me was at least 1% lower. I could understand .25% but 1% different.

So the rep told me that he would talk to his boss and show him the estimate they gave initially. And his boss said that is why it's called an estimate. Are you kidding me? What bad customer service. Can't even get close to honoring what they first said. So after all said and done I should of went with Quicken Loans. Seeing that their first offer was better than what Fidelity ended up coming back with. Moral of the story don't go with Fidelity. They have ** customer service and will try to screw you in the end. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. THEY WILL NOT HONOR WHAT THEY SAY AND WON'T CARE NEITHER.

The rep actually called back and said sorry and there is nothing he could do, and does not agree with what was happening, and that I was getting screwed over. Wow even their own employee sees it. The rep was truly a nice guy and was not pushy at all. That being said if they keep up with the lack of customer service they will eventually fail. Thanks for nothing and now time to robo-post this on every site I can find.

Twice this "bank" has sent me 2 text messages about my pre-approved loan. I have made no requests for them to send me anything. Their number is 888/466-5423. Their representatives are busy and they ask you leave a message. The numbers they use in texting are nonworking, they are **; and **. This abuses the text messaging on my cell phone. It costs every time it receives a message. Who would really go to a bank that sends out unrequested messages to their cell phones?

I have never had so much trouble paying my mortgage bill. Their customer service over the phone is useless and I regret ever having to work with them. I recommend avoiding them at all cost. (Still trying to pay my freaking mortgage before it's late.)

Awful. I don't have anything good to say about USA's banking system. Government did not do enough with the banking reform few years back. Most of the bank scam their customer in the name of FEE. I think every bank upper management wake up in the morning and try to figure out "how can I scam my customers today". And US government don't do anything solve this overcharging by every bank. Fidelity bank are one of the worse. They charge $73 late fee on a $300 car payment. They want to charge you another $50 extra to get few days extension.

The few times that I have had to call customer service, they have been very rude. I read some reviews and I see that this is a normal occurrence for this company. Also, I asked to skip a month (which I have never done before), they told me that I could skip a month but that they would charge me $50 on top of putting the month that I'm skipping to the end of my loan plus charging me interest. I also get charged a fee... Wow.. Anyway, this company sucks and I can't wait to be done with this loan. Toyota was a good lender. Use them instead.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity Mortgage?

Closed on home April 2015, with 5% down, was told that they would reamortize one time, for free, which was of interest, since we had to sell another home. Within 45 days, we had proceeds from sale, and applied them to new home mortgage, bringing LTV down to about 50%. They continued to charge PMI (had sold the loan to Fannie Mae, who prescribes automatic stop to PMI when LTV gets down to 78%). Had to contact Fannie Mae to get them involved, and Fidelity finally stopped charging PMI Oct 30, 2015, but refuses to refund the illegitimately charged PMI funds, while still acknowledging that the additional funds paid were NOT extra payments, because the load was RE-AMORTIZED. They are thieves... don't deal with them.

Please never ever, ever use Fidelity Bank for any of your home loan needs. Not only they drained our savings account for deposit and upgrades purposes. When it comes to closing time they will deny you and tell you you were never approved for their home loan. They're out to victimize people that can't voice for themselves. So now we are looking into hiring a lawyer to get our money back because they now have a for sale sign on the house that they built with our money. Please be cautious!!!

This is by far the worst customer service ever!! They hang up in your face and then when you ask for a supervisor they say they will not get you one at all. I have never seen such bad customer service. I still have not received my check and everyone says something different. Do not use this company!!!

Fidelity Bank is the most worst and disrespectful institution we ever have deal in United States. We got pre approved Home loan from Loan Officer ** on January 23, 2015 through Fidelity bank, he resigned a week later and replace by Mrs. ** and took 4 months only to turn it down the loan we applied for. We spend 4 months to collect IRS data base, All Our 3 years Business and Personal Income Tax Return, All list properties we had, All supporting Documents (Bank Statement, Business Loan, any documents related to our Business and Personal Income) and it took 4 months after every document we submit through Fidelity and Fidelity want us to pay off all of credit card we owe, we pay off all credit card we owe about $12,000. Still Fidelity Bank want us pay off all car loan we have.

We pay off our car about $.20,000. Finally (Still) We did not get the loan.

After 4 months still asking for more documentation, Fidelity bank offer higher rate from previous 4 months ago when we were locked our rate. It's ripped off bank! Just be cautious, Fidelity will gave you a higher rate than they offer you just in the beginning just because they won't satisfied with all documentations you had, No Matter what you all had. In fact Fidelity (of course) can play and trick you with the interest they want you to pay. The longer processing of loan, the better chance of Fidelity bank to give you higher interest as their "locked in interest" valid only short time of period.

The Bottom Line is: Fidelity is not a reliable Bank, not accountable bank and disrespectful Bank we ever deal in United States. We are not even sure can give 1 star for Fidelity our home loan with ** staffs. Terrible Staffs, Very Horrible experience. We will never ever using Fidelity Bank for our business. Anyway we pay cash for our home! We do not need Fidelity Bank and we did not recommend Fidelity Bank through our entire business partners, friends, family and any account counts.

I sought to secure a mortgage with Lions Bank/Fidelity Mortgage. My mortgage representative gave me an approval letter to search for a house up to 130,000. I found a house at 125,000. They did not disclose that the house was in a flood zone and I paid for a 450 Appraisal, 450 Home inspection, and 250 Elevation inspection. At the last minute my loan was denied. I lost all of this money?

I paid this company $1200 to get me a motivation on my loan. It's been almost a year and no results. I had to file bankruptcy to save my home. This company refuse to refund me my funds back. The phones never works but was working fine when I paid them the money. I would like my funds back. You did not help me at all.

I contracted them to investigate/audit the property and home we live in which we are behind in our home mortgage for 46 months.

Our first mortgage is with Chase Financial Bank. The second mortgage is with the Bank of America which bought Countrywide Mortgage after they disclosed information on some of the customers. As I understand they had many victims, and we speculate we are in that group.

During the time my wife and I signed the mortgage documents, it was not disclosed to us that the property is in a Hazardous Flood Zone. The surety company, loan financial and real estate agent and contract builder or real estate broker did not disclose any of this information during the closing of this property.

When we closed our business transaction, suddenly Aames Mortgage had the contract. They sold the contract to Fireside Bank. Fireside Bank decided not to take the contract, and it went back to Aames Mortgage. They sold the contract to Countrywide and they sold the contract to Chase Financial Bank.

During this time not once were we called (or by mail) about this "paper shuffle". My wife and I were never notified until we received the notice that Chase Financial was the primary lender and we took a second mortgage involving the Countrywide Financial Group. As we understand it the Countrywide disclosed much information about all the victims of poor credit. The speculation is they forged some contracts and et cetera.

We also speculate that Chase Financial also signed contracts that included us. In the year 2007, we were paying per mortgage as agreed. Until our daughter came to live with us; was afflicted with diabetes and mental disorders, which was caused by her drug addiction and other health problems.

Our daughter is not qualified to obtain SSI, Social Security or any U.S. Government entitlements. The State of Missouri does help with Medicaid and food stamps--that is all she can get. My wife and I had to absorb her hospital costs, doctor’s cost, medication costs and expenses incurred during her ongoing health situation.

At this point, I tried to get house payments lowered down explaining our dilemma and hardships. When my wife and I signed the mortgage loan, both of us were over 65 years of age. According to some attorneys, since we were over 65 years old, we were supposed to get a loan on a fixed rate other than an adjusted rate.

Our house payments went up to $1034.00 a month from the previous payments of 636.99 a month. My wife and I could not make these payments. I am a disabled veteran and my wife's health is not good. Praise God I have veteran’s health benefits that does not cost me anything (unless it is something the V.A. does not provide, I have to pay out of pocket).

My wife has health insurance which is a tremendous help; so, most of our out of pocket expenses goes to pay for our daughter’s health expenses--which is quite exorbitant. This is all we have to do, pay for our daughter’s health.

We have cut our food expenses down to a minimum amount. Our utilities we have been blessed to pay (sometimes late) and one time our water was cut off by the city.

Chase Financial has been kind to us because of our conditions. We tried to modify our payments through Chase and they would not accept our proposals. This is when Secure Audit Group/Fidelity Financial Group said they could intervene and have our loan payments down. We decided we needed this kind of help. We paid them $500.00 on June 1, 2011 and Mr. ** stated to me that he would keep up to date as to the progress on our case.

He did not comply with my instruction; now about a week prior to the end of June, I told them I did not need their services and requested the refund of $500.00, which now they do not want to comply.

I reported them to the Federal Trade Commission case #31238895, and this group stated to me that this would not do any good. We can't afford an attorney to collect this money because his fee would probably be the amount this group owes us. I supplicate maybe the Consumers Affairs will help us. We feel this group committed a fraud, with them refusing to refund our money.

We pray for a miracle to happen once your agency confronts them.

We went to him, because he was recommended by our realtor, to get a mortgage loan. Everything was running smoothly. Today, 10-1-10, he talked to my fiance Mick, and stated you are not my customer, and started cussing at him ** this" saying, "you listen to me". He's just very rude and unprofessional. We are now in a crunch to find someone else to get us a mortgage loan.

We had to refinance our house in July 07. We thought that Fidelity was the bank that we were going to use. Instead we now pay Ocwen Loan Servicing; we didn't know that this was our lender. Luke told us that if we paid $6796.88 in points that our interest would be lowered. Our starting interest, he told us, was 9.25%, and our payment would be $1950 on a 200k loan. That didn't make sense to me. We told him that we could not afford that big of a payment, and that I wanted to pay points to get it around 7.5% Our original payment was $1590; while still high, we could afford that. He sent out many good faith estimates. Seemed like one was coming everyday and all said different things. The day of signing came, and they told us that that the loan would be 217,500; we didn't know that it was that high. And that there is a 5% pre-payment penalty if we paid in 3 years. The interest was not lowered. We tried calling Luke for help, but he was not available--and we felt lost, felt like we had to sign. Now we are stuck with a payment that we told him was too high for us to pay.

Right now we have had to cut bills, trying not to take away kids activities but unfortunately that had to happen. We are now paying for the next three years a payment that we cannot afford and a high loan amount that we did not want. We have now drained our savings paying for this house and can't get anything into savings should something happen to one of us. Not sure what our next step will be.

Fidelity Mortgage Company Profile