Federal Financial Group

Federal Financial Group LLC, established in 2003, provides insurance services and is a company keenly focused on the financial health of America. Using sound principles, quality life insurance and annuities, and a selection of other proven financial products, Federal Financial Group can provide a detailed road map to help you achieve your financial goals.

We also provide effective training for our agents and employees, thus making our company one of the best places to work!

Compare Investment Companies

Research top Investment Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Does anyone know if Anchora used to be Federal Financial? I am listening to their recruiting webinar and it sounds just like FFG which was a waste of time making appointments to people who have no idea what you are there for and the scratch card is for a bogus vacation which is a total scam.

I would give these guys a 0 star! Back at the beginning of Feb, I spoke to a recruiter Bob ** whom I contacted after I have seen their webinar and intrigued about their free leads and preset appt. There was a one time fee of 297.00 which I paid and was excited to get started as I informed Bob that I would be moving to Vegas mid-March and he advised to contact Matt ** who is area manager.

I emailed Matt when I came in around March 15 and didn't hear from him for 2 days so I decided to call which was now TH and he didn't even know who I was which Bob was suppose to advise him of me being newly contracted. Matt states that he never received my email, he was going on a business trip and he will be emailing me some videos to review, then I will go on a ride along when he gets back.

Three days later, now it is a Sunday, I get a text late at night from Matt to contact Lee ** in the morning which I did and he and I was able to speak with Lee. He mentioned that Matt got into an accident and he will connect me with Larry, a local agent. I hooked up with Larry and he gives me a sheet to fill out my top 50 contacts and to set up at least 8 appt which he will help me with before I get my preset appt and I may also ride along with him. Really?? This was never explained to me that I would have to set 8 appts on my own before getting the preset appt. I also asked Larry if there is training once a week and he said that at this time, he's not sure what's going on and will have to check with Matt. By this time, I had a bad feeling about the company as I wasn't advised of this.

I then decided to speak to Lee who said that yes, that is usually how they run their system but since I am new, there is an options B which is being provided with B leads and set 8 appts from there. For those who don't know what B leads are, these are leads that have never been closed by previous agent/old leads. I saw enough and tried to contact Bob ** many time but he has not returned my call. I just want my money back and move on. Oh and yes, I have not received any contract! Not organized company, stay away! I am contacting the insurance commissioner.

It may be useful to know how things work from an employee's perspective. First thing you need to be aware of is this... those calling you are generally not people who plan on having this be their career. For example, one of the guys I work with is only there for our flexible hours and decentish pay. Also we do not have any control over who we call. We sit at "desks" with a headset waiting for our next call. We have a script that we are more or less supposed to stick to. We also have a list of approved "rebuttals" to certain responses and any response not listed we have to ad-lib.

Depending on your ending response to the call we have "dispositions" that we list the call under. They are as follows: Dead air (no sound) AM (answering machine) not interested (we used at least three rebuttals and they still said no) Hit (they agreed to set up an appointment) and, hang up (wherein lies most everything else.) If you ask us to take you off the list we have a button on the side of our screen labeled "no call". If we hit this theoretically you should never be called again. The people on the phones don't know what happens after each call to the number, nor do we really care, just so long as it is labeled right. We have one goal and that is to get you to agree to meet with an agent. All we know about the actual meeting and what happens after is that it is approximately 20 minutes long and you are meeting with an insurance rep. That is what happens on my side of things.

There is an entirely separate group whose purpose is to call agents and try to convince them to work for us. I know little about them. As for the numbers and info, they come from lists that are periodically renewed. That is all I know. I don't know where the list comes from or how we get it, as a caller I'm not involved much in the behind the scenes.

The qualifications are a legit thing. If you are not employed, the wrong age, or you don't make enough then we cannot set an appointment. It's actually really frustrating to get that far in the script and not have the person qualify. We get our hopes up when someone actually answers the questions and it is a huge let down if you can't qualify. Why? Two reasons. First is numbers. We get various bonuses and rewards as we get appointments. Secondly, do you have any idea how boring that ** script is after you've read the opening bit for the nth time? Getting to the end every now and then is what keeps me sane.

My first clue that something was wrong was when I got a call from ** that I missed my webinar appt. and that I needed to call him back right away and explain why. Mind you, this person is not my employer or boss. I am not contracted with him AND I don't like bullies! After that, I googled this company and now it makes sense. I had been getting numerous calls a day. Finally, one time, when I picked up they answered and started their sales pitch. I could have unlimited leads, make buckets of money closing sales... as they had a really good product. Glad I googled the company first before getting hooked. Thanks to good websites like this... thank you!

Our company has received 30-35 calls this week from people wanting us to sign up for scratch cards. We are NOT interested. They do not remove our numbers from their calling list. This is considered harassment!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Federal Financial Group?

Won't stop calling. Sometimes 5 times per day. Ask each and every time to be removed from list, but yet they still call back. On Federal Do Not Call List, but yet they do not care. Called today to their office and advised someone named Tonya, who claimed they use an overseas call center and marketing company which they have no control over, but that she would request to be removed. Told her she must be desperate to work for such a scam company and have no morals.

I was told I would have a webinar with a woman name Mellisa. I pd after this and it is definitely a scam. I call her boss? to ask questions and he said she was new and did not know what she was talking about. He told me he would definitely make it worth my while. This guy, think his name was Benjamin was slamming this woman who I thought did a good job on the webinar, but is working for a scam of a company. Agents beware!

My name is Timothy and I am submitting this Consumer Affairs review for the purpose of surfacing NEW information to the public in reference to the Federal Financial Group also known as "FFG." I have been receiving a rather substantial amount of telephone calls from a ** MARKETING MANAGER CONTACT NUMBER AS FOLLOWS ** MANAGER who proceeded to advise me that I have missed the marketing meeting scheduled. In response to this enlightenment I brought it to **'s attention that it was impossible to have missed a meeting that was never scheduled.

I then respectfully asked that my contact number be removed from their database as I use my phone to conduct business calls and that the next time I receive a telephonic call from anybody identifying themselves as an employee from the Federal Financial Group that I would immediately retain a civil attorney and forward his fictitious name in addition to his contact number which in turn exposes his location. Now let's think about this for a second... If you were conducting an illegitimate business designed to illegally extract federally reserved notes from citizens as referred to the American dollar, would you want that kind of attention knowing your location?? Absolutely not! Which is why I was given an apology and I haven't received another call since...

Regardless of the removal of my contact number, the issue is still ongoing for other citizens. This illegitimate company must be stopped and fast. Each day nothing is done about it is a hard earned dollar multiplied by the hundreds that these narcissistic individuals are taking from not only our friends, our families, but the people who DON'T DESERVE IT... STAND UP, PRAY AND REPORT THEIR CALLS!!!!! DON'T GIVE UP UNTIL SOMETHING LEGAL IS DONE...

Offering free prizes. Actually wanting to set up appointment to hear about their company. I asked them to put me on a no call list. I had seen complaints on consumer affairs. Thank you to everyone that listed your experience.

This "company" won't stop calling me on my cell phone no less. I never answer and they never leave a message, but they call numerous times a day. Today alone, they have called 3 times since 8am. It's only 2pm now. I'm so annoyed by these constant calls. They need to be stopped.

This company is awful. They call me all the time and I've been requesting them to take me off their call list for over a year. Also I have removed myself from their email list 5 times and they still send me their emails.

They call over and over every day, no message and if I answer no one is there. I call back and it goes to a message saying voice mail is full. If they don't want to talk to me why are they calling every day?? I've punched in all kinds of extensions trying to get someone to pick up but it's like an automatic harassment machine.

I received a call today, February 12 at 11:36 AM (after missing many others). The female replied "hello sir" and identified herself as representing Federal Financial. I told her that that I was not a sir and that I did not want to do business with Federal Financial and that I want to be put on their do not call list. I then said good bye and hung up the phone. Immediately she called back and when I said "hello" she said: "** YOU!" Nice way to cultivate business!!!

Rec'd many calls, often an hour apart - no message left. As I knew who they were, on the last call I answered and screamed into the phone. Haven't gotten a call since. :)

This group is good for one thing: harassment. I told them many times I wasn't interested. They still called. I had to finally block the #385-229-3016 on my cell phone. Then they started calling me on another line #385-229-3036. I again told them I wasn't interested, twice. They still called me from that second line. I got two phone calls today from that line. So I blocked that other number today on my cell. So I registered my cell on the Do Not Call list and if they contact me again after the 31 day period, I will report them to the FTC.

I continue to phone calls from Federal Financial Group even after I have told them repeatedly to take me off of their call list. It has no effect, they just keep calling. They are calling my business phone so it is very disruptive. I saw that there were many people who have complained of the same problem. I saw that some of the complaints also included paying $287 and getting nothing for it. I filed an on-line complaint with the Washington State Attorney General's office. I would encourage everyone who is being harassed by this company and or have paid money for services they did not receive to contact their state attorney general as well.

I received a call from (385) 229-3203, Utah, stated that I had been selected to receive one of four gifts. Really? How did that happen? Had to answer a few questions and receive a scratch off, via personal delivery, courtesy of a financial expert. I told her I work and won't be home. She insisted I make the appointment to get my scratch off. I told her I'm looking this company up as we speak... Somehow we got disconnected. Jeez! Hopefully they won't call again.

So, like many others on here, I let curiosity get the best of me and agreed to meet with an agent after receiving the "you've won one of four prizes" spiel. I was at work and trying to manage a video shoot when I received the call, so I was only halfway paying attention. Oh, I was guaranteed this was not a sales pitch I'd be walking into. (Yeah right.) The agent looked like he had just crawled out of bed. Nice enough guy, but I told him over coffee that I've got all my finances in order (which I do) and there's really nothing he can do for me. Even so, he steamrolled through that and said he has the perfect product for me that guaranteed to make money no matter what the market does.

Anyone with half a brain understands how these products work... In this case, I'd never lose money in a bad year on the market, but my gains would be capped at 12%. If the market does better, Federal Financial keeps the rest. For someone with a 30+ year investing horizon, this is about as dumb a product as there can be. I cancelled a scheduled 2nd meeting and then ignored subsequent callbacks because I just wasn't interested. After almost daily calls from the agent for a week, today... I have received an onslaught of calls from the Utah phone number 385-229-3203. They came at 11:02 AM... 12:30 PM... 12:52 PM... 1:26 PM... 1:50 PM... 2:56 PM... 3:15 PM... 3:32 PM... and finally I blocked the phone number. I went ahead and blocked the agent's number on my mobile, too.

That's when I got online and started reading up on this lame organization. They're pretty aggressive, so I expect I'll hear from them again from some other phone number... I'll be blocking that one, too.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I wanted to update my last post by writing a review to the situation. When I wrote my last comment I was upset for paying for a service for which I never intended to move forward. I want to apologize to ** & ** for what I had posted, I was mad and wanted to make sure I got my point across and I apologize for the slander. We did come to terms on the situation and I'm satisfied with the outcome.

James of Wilmington, CA on

Original Review

After they charge you $287 you'll never hear from them again! I originally spoke to recruiter Shaun ** (which it might not be his real name) from FFG and convinced me to fill out my contract even though I was not 100% ready to sign on, but he insisted that when I was 100% ready to sign on that it would make the process much faster and if I said no thank you, he would just shred my contract. It was a lie!!! He charged right after and when I tried to reach him for my money back, he never returned my call or email. I then spoke to his wife, Kat **, which is not her real name. It's Keshia ** from another scam website "dealsthatmatter" (got to love Google) and tried to get my money back and she has also not returned my money nor my calls!! Arrest these people, they are scam artists!!

I tried this outfit as an independent life insurance agent. The only thing is basically cost me (as I had my license and E&O insurance already) was a $287 fee to sign up which was "supposed" to be given back after you sold 'so many' policies (premium points). I figured it was a small investment for the opportunity to become bestowed upon with "pre-qualified and pre-set appointments". Well - after learning their 'script' (which is honestly a very good presentation), going through the 'required' hoops of providing 8 warm market leads, setting appointments with them - and going on with your regional manager - so automatically 'you' can earn 'some' money while you split the commission with your manager.... (not too bad of a setup going there) - then you have to provide a "50" list of people that are 'warm' potential leads and focus on getting in front of all them.

THEN you need to make a 'video' and have it 'pass inspection' *BEFORE* you ever see your first "pre-qualified, pre-set lead/appointment". What bothered me about all this was the constant 'hammering' by the regional manager to 'work on that 50 list... work on that 50 list ...' If I wanted to get into this advertised "pre-qualified/pre-set appointment" business then why would I hammer my warm market? I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT! Another small cost (that when you add up by 1,000s probably comes up to a good dime) is the fact you MUST pay for a 'segue' number (like a company wide voicemail) - runs about $50 a year - EVERYONE has to have that. All that being said, the leads/appointments in my opinion and based on my experience are a complete joke. About 90% of the "appointments" I called to confirm either, a) never heard of this appointment, or b) had already told the telemarketer they were NOT interested.

Upon the 'few' times I got lucky enough to have an appointment 99% of those appointments were with people who had ZERO money to do anything with much less invest in any time of life savings plan using insurance. The whole point I'm making is either the 'regional managers' are 'cherry picking' the 'top' leads and giving everyone else the scraps or something isn't adding up. Oh don't forget about the company's "annual" big bash event annual meeting/convention in VIVA LAS VEGAS! How fun is that? Well it's inspirational to say the least; however, you have to "pay" to attend that. Don't count on 'getting' to Vegas and using up your points or rewards to stay somewhere and 'attend' - that's like another $600/700 to just 'attend' (and that covers your room as well for a couple days).

Obviously I've walked away from them. Why? Well for one thing when you 'don't' produce then guess what, it's time to jump through all the hoops again because obviously "YOU'RE" the problem. RE-do your video, RE-scrub your 50 warm market list, bla bla bla.... I wish any and all good luck if they embark - but it's seemingly not a good situation in my honest opinion.

Someone from this company keeps calling me. Finally I answered the phone and they said they are a general agency looking for insurance agents (I have a license so I played along). The lady was reading from a script and ignored every question I asked her. The question I kept repeating was whether I could choose which companies and products I represent or do they decide for me. She would not answer, kept saying things like I was already screened and pre-qualified for an appointment. So finally I told her to take my name off their list, never call me back or I would file a complaint.

I am halfway hoping they ignore my request and call me back so I can file a complaint with my state insurance commissioner. That should have some teeth and maybe get them restricted from working in my state. Hope some trolls from their company are reading this. There is nothing about this company nor what this lady said that should motivate anyone, agent or customer to want to spend any time with anyone associated with this company. Be careful and keep your distance. My spider sense is tingling big time.

This outfit keeps calling and hanging up when I answer. Why call someone then hang up? I'm old and sick. It's hard to get to the phone. Please stop.

They promise everything until you pay the $287 and get the E & O insurance, then they seem to have no clue what you are talking about. No free leads as advertised at all. In fact, the local manager acts like he has no clue what you mean. Wouldn't waste a minute of your time with this company. Just total frustration.

Like everyone else, the phone calls from Federal Financial Recruiting are relentless. They never stop calling, no matter that we told them to stop.

Hi Jerald, We are sorry if you have been inconvenienced. Here is a blog post that tells how to get your phone number off of our automated call system. http://federalfinancialgroupdnc.wordpress.com/?page_id=76&preview=true . If you are not satisfied, please call us directly at 888-305-4008 and we will personally have someone block your number. We have found in rare occasions that someone's phone number is listed twice, but that is very rare. Thanks for making this comment so we have the opportunity to tell you how to remove your number from our call list once and for all. We never intend to bug people and we do our best to refine our automated system. All of us at Federal Financial Group LLC (Draper, Utah, USA) also obey all the laws associated with call lists. Hope this helps!

For months I have received telemarketing calls from Federal Financial Group. These originate from the same Salt Lake telephone number. There seems to be at least one per week and frequently more. One week I got three over a two-day period. In the beginning I would answer the call. The same spiel was given: We just want to get your name out, no money involved, you may have won, etc. Occasionally I will still answer so I have the opportunity to threaten the caller with action and to tell them to remove me from the list. Half the time there is no one on the other end and I know it was a robocall to see if the line was picked up. The last call was 15 minutes ago.

I don't give them a chance to get more than three words into their spiel. I told her that I intended to report the company to the WA state attorney general if they do not cease to call me. She had hung up before I got halfway through my threat. I have never had a more aggravating telemarketing experience. It's like a lingering computer virus that you simply can't get rid of. Unfortunately, there is no Norton or McAfee to call.

Hi Charles, Thank you for commenting on this site. This gives us at Federal Financial Group LLC in Draper, Utah, USA an opportunity to tell you how to get your phone number off of our call list permanently. Here is a blog post with several ways to remove your number: http://federalfinancialgroupdnc.wordpress.com/?page_id=76&preview=true You can also call us directly and we will have someone personally take your number off. Call 888-305-4008. We are sorry to have caused you inconvenience and our intention is to find people are interested, not bug people who are not.

Like most of you, I received this same annoying telephone call. I've gotten them before and considered it an assault on my time. So, I decided to fight fire with fire. It's simple. I set up an appointment with them, upon their request, and had them meet me at my local Starbucks. I had told the agent that my home fax number was my cell phone and that it was the best way to get a hold of me. On the day of my appointment, I received a call from the agent confirming my appointment time, 10 minutes before we were supposed to meet. I then received a call seven minutes after my appointment time asking me where I was. I told her some ** and that I would be there in 10 minutes. Ten minutes later, I called her and told her that I had been pulled over for speeding and would be there in five minutes. Ten minutes later, I called her and told her that my child's principal called me and I had to pick up my son.

She rescheduled two days later. Two days later, I played the same game with her and was able to get her to waste another 25 minutes sitting at the very same Starbucks. As of today, I am waiting to see if she reschedules again. I hope she does. All this was done while being productive, at home, as I office out of my house. I'm going to try to pull this off with every cold calling fool from this day on. Have fun!

Hello E of Mission Viejo, California. Yes, we are aware of your game and even though it was cleverly designed on your end, we only wasted valuable time that could have been spent with someone who was interested. If you receive any further "annoying" calls from us or anyone else, simply stay on the line and say these words "remove me from your call list" or "put me on your Do Not Call list". Those are very clear commands and then you won't be in a position where you have to waste your time playing games with serious business people. We appreciate your comment here on this website, as it gives us an opportunity to plan better in the future. Thank you, E of Mission Viejo. P.S. Here is a blog post to share with others who may be getting unwanted calls. http://federalfinancialgroupdnc.wordpress.com/?page_id=76&preview=true Thanks!

The relentless calls from Federal Financial Group's call centers are wasting my time and my staff's time. We get the same spiel over and over: a scratch card with a guaranteed prize of 25K, a trip to the Bahamas, a Ford Explorer or a TV will be presented at my place of business. I have made requests to more than ten of their callers to remove our numbers from their call lists. I have also contacted to main FFG office and spoke with the same "Office Manager/Director of Ops" on three occasions (9-30-11, 11-11-11 and 11-18-11) and each time I was assured the calls would cease. The calls continue, sometimes several in one day. The disregard of our requests to have our number removed is unprofessional, unacceptable and outright harassment. These calls need to stop.

Thank you, Misty, for sharing your dilemma on this website. We appreciate the opportunity to respond. Hopefully, you have not heard from us again since you made this comment. In the future if you get phone calls from anybody that you do not care to talk with, say "Remove me from your call list" or "Place me on your DO NOT CALL list" and they are required to follow those simple commands. We now have a blog post with several ideas that can help, as well: http://federalfinancialgroupdnc.wordpress.com/?page_id=76&preview=true One additional thought; some businesses have several phone numbers assigned to them, so they will get multiple calls from automated systems. When calling a company to remove your number, be sure to give them all of your phone numbers so they can remove them all from the system. Again, sorry for the inconvenience you experienced in the past. In the future if you get any calls from us, please call us at 888-305-4008 directly. Thank you, Misty!

The caller said I won $25,000 or a Flat Screen TV or a Ford Explorer. I wanted to ask questions. First, the phone number they called on is private. I do not know how they got the number. I could not understand the person placing the call, since she did not speak English well at all. I am extremely upset. My private number is on a do-not-call list.

Hello Marlee. Thank you for posting on this website and giving us a chance to respond. We just recently became aware of this website and did not see your post back when you posted it. If you are still interested in asking questions, please call us at 888-305-4008. We apologize that the caller was not able to help you at that time. We have been doing more training and we hope that our calls are handled much better now. Again, thanks Marlee, for commenting!

The caller said that he was with Federal Financial Group and that he was calling to let me know a Scratcher card would be sent here to my office within the next few days and that one of the main prizes was a Ford Explorer. He said it was just to get their name out there and that there would be no money involved whatsoever. I was going to hang up as I usually do on these types of calls but I listened some more. He said that he needed to ask me four basic questions. The first one was what age range am I in. He listed 18-24, etc. I then said, "I'm sorry, sir, but I'm not giving personal information out over the phone." As soon as I said that, the line went dead. I truly hate these moronic calls and so wish that someone would shut these idiots down.

Hello Victoria! We recently became aware of this website and saw your comment. We apologize for the caller who did not stay with you to continue the call. No doubt this caller is no longer with us. We train our people to be polite and to complete calls. It is perfectly understandable that you do not want to give personal information over the phone. It may be too late now, but if you would like to call us to verify who we are, you can reach us at 888-305-4008. Federal Financial Group LLC has been in business for over ten years and we do our best to train and manage those who work with us. We sell life insurance and annuities. Again, thank you for your comment and we would have replied sooner, had we seen your post! Best wishes.

I have received no fewer than 27 telemarketing calls over a period of 6 months. At least 15 of these callers were instructed to add our numbers to their do not call lists. On 2 occasions, once in the spring and again in early July, I contacted their corporate office directly to request a cease to all calls. I still continue to receive a call every 1 to 2 weeks. Every call begins with the same stupid script: "I am ** from Federal Financial Group. I am calling you today regarding a scratch-off game in which you could win a Ford Explorer. We are doing this just to get our name out there." This company blatantly and arrogantly refuses to cease calling. I have also forwarded complaints to the NC Attorney General and the FTC. Every call that I take from these morons is a call from a client that I miss.

Hello Kenneth! We just recently saw your post on this website. It was quite a while ago that you posted your comment and we surely have improved since then! If you are still receiving calls from us, please call 888-305-4008 today and give us all the numbers that you want us to take off the call lists. We will do so promptly! Again, sorry for the inconvenience you have had in the past! Federal Financial Group LLC, Draper, Utah, USA has been in business over ten years and we work hard to train and manage those who work with us. Thank you again for posting your comment! If we had seen it sooner and known how to respond, we would have! Best regards, Kenneth.

Federal Financial Group Company Profile