Expresstaxrefund.com

Compare Tax Services

Research top Tax Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been using this company for years. My state tax has to be refiled. Apparently I am entitled to a deduction that their site didn't ask me about. I think they are using a generic state software which is incorrect because states vary.

When the consumer's income tax was filed via the agency, ExpressTaxRefund.com, to where the official IRS website led her in April 2009 for 2008 individual income tax return file, the IRS paid the filing fee, about $150, directly to the agency that not only did not disclose the itemized and total filing fees through the whole the filling process but also did not asked for my permission or authorization for the deduction when the file was submitted. It was also clearly stated by the IRS before leading the consumer to the agency's website that the eFile was free for the certain income level.

The IRS was notified of the fee deduction from the refund by the agency charging $35 fee for the transaction that the agency had never been authorized as they had never sought. But the IRS responded to the message by simply stating that they were not affiliate with the agency and no further direction to resolve the issue was guided to the consumer. As time passes and things have happened after the file, a couple of questions happened: (1) Is this tax prep agency selling personal information related to individual incomes to the business running a scam for the poor or who may seem to be in desperate need for cash? (2) Can this tax prep agency keep on running the scam like business while specifically targeting the most poor and disadvantaged people due to any connection with IRS in New York State? Where can this consumer submit the specific and detailed documents supporting her claim to this business, ExpressTaxRefund.com? IRS office assigned to this tax filer's region? Attorney General's Office? Looking forward to hearing from Consumer Complaint Department.

I have utilized this tax filing service years prior and never had any difficulties. However, this year has been a nightmare. I received my federal refund but have not received my state refund. I have been attempting to call the 800 number listed for over a month now at many different times of the day to hear an automated recording stating they are closed and to call back during normal business hours. The State of Georgia also is not showing record of my return. This is very disturbing. Of course, I can't get through to anyone at the State of Georgia. I need help.

I was filing my 2009 tax return with ExpressTaxRefund.com but it did not calculate correctly as there are multiple errors.
1. I checked Married Separate, but when I clicked to preview the 1040 form at the end of the return, Married Separate was not checked for the Filing Status.
2. The number of exemptions was not listed on my 1040 tax return (preview copy).
3. Note that part of my social security earnings is taxable, but their return did not add this to my taxable wages.

4. The return did not allow me to turn in the sales tax that I paid for a new car purchased in 2009, which greatly affected my return.

When I called these folks, they told me to file my return like it was, and then do an amended 1040X return later. These people do not know what they are doing. I completed my return with another free tax service and it did calculate correctly.

I filed, thinking it was free. The ad that I saw said it was. After that I realized that it was going to be well over $70.00. Now from what I understand it could even be more according to others. I did not intend to file through them, but seemed I was stuck before I even got a chance to go over the details. I tried to file my state, but there is no information at all about where and how to do that. I am very angry. This was so misleading and tricky. I tried to contact the company, but there is no information on contacting them. It has left me with a terrible feeling, thinking I had made a good choice. I have a lot of expenses to catch up on. One of us has been unemployed and we live paycheck to paycheck. One of our vehicles needs fixed. $1200.00 that we expected to get.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Expresstaxrefund.com?

I filed my tax return and thought it was free. I have a disabled son that is a dependent and their program doesn't have the capabilities to check the box disabled. it doesn't exist. I could not view my tax return until they had already billed my credit card $79.95 and showed only 1 dependent instead of 2. It didn't count my son. I immediately called their number to explain that they didn't have the block "disabled" to check and my son wasn't added as a dependent. They informed me that their program didn't have that capability and I said I wanted a refund and they refused.

These people are not even close to being legitimate and should be shut down! It cost me must more in taxes and I had to prepare my taxes with a different online company, which I have done for years and never had a problem.

I was not aware of the additional charges and called to find the charges which were not displayed on the screen. I asked to have the transaction deleted and they said that was not possible although I was calling minutes after the transaction was completed. I checked the next day to see if the IRS had received my return. They had not. I called again trying to get the transaction deleted. No help. My gross earnings for 2009 was 6651.00 and $2100.00 unemployment. I can't afford the charges which I after the fact found out $94.00.How can I get an answer as they have not yet notified me of my return being accepted by the IRS. I don't know if my return has been accepted and am afraid my calls will delay my refund

I contacted these people to file my federal and state tax forms. I didn't mind them charging $29.95, but they added charges. My bill was $104 to file my 1040EZ form. When I checked my bank account, I found out that they charged an additional $40 that they didn't tell me about. They never even filed my state tax form. I filed a complaint with the BBB in New York, but was told that this company returned a reply. Now, I've lost $350 with this company.

I have attempted several times to contact this company. My taxes were filed online and my account was charged for the service. I have the date of the charge and the information from the bank. I contacted the IRS and they assured me that they have nothing filed for me in 2008. I have been very patient and somewhat frustrated by the unprofessionalism of this company as I am reading through the complaints sent in by others. The irony of this is that I filed with them before and had no problem.

Terrible service all the way around.
First of all, they told me they would email my completed tax forms for me to sign within 24 hours and it took three weeks. When I got them, they were incomplete, and had to have them redone which took another week. The IRS says their service is free and they charged me $80.00!

Once I submitted the forms, I got a letter from the State Tax Board saying the tax return was completed wrong, and was missing an important form. According to the state, I will owe $100 more if this is not resolved.

When contaxting expresstaxrefunddotcom, it took me almost 2 hours to get through to someone. After explaining the problem to "Chuck", he responded very rudely, saying that it was done right and it wasnt their fault if it was missing a page. According to the state, even with the missing page, expresstax should have claimed me as a first year resident, not partial resident.

Chuck insists the state read it wrong and that THEY did the return right. He was extremely rude, refused to let me talk to his manager, and told me it would take atleast 2 weeks to re send me the completed tax forms.

I somehow got to this site via the IRS "free" e-file services.

Complaint No. 1: This service is NOT free; in fact, it's one of the most expensive e-file services out there. Expect to pay at least $64 dollars.

Complaint No. 2: They tell you they will file your state and federal taxes at the same time. This is NOT true. They file your federal and halfway fill out your state, but then (somewhere in the find print) they tell you to print it out and send it in. THAT IS NOT ELECTRONIC FILING.

Complaint No. 3: The costumer service agents have attitudes you will not believe. Right off the bat, they're argumentative and rude. Go ahead and try calling but you'll mostly likely be hung up on or put on hold.

As an individual incometax filer whose adjusted gross income was below $56000 for the year 2008, I thought that I could take advantage of the free efile as IRS advised through the written booklet. Therefore,I went to the web site, IRS.gov/efile, and then was led to an incometax file web site. As a tax filer who has used the convenience of efile since 2003 by using the service provider either TurboTax or TaxCut, I filled out the blanks to file the income tax return and submitted as I used to do that.

Through the whole process, no single authorization for the servcie fee deduction from the federal income tax refund was requested and no single disclose to charge any fee related to the service was disclosed even though the other service providers have done. The service provider did not provide the tax filer with any other option to transfer or to receive the refund, either. But no attention to the fee subject was paid by the filer because it supposed to be free based on the AGI bracket provided by IRS.

But when the discrepancy between the refund and actual deposited amount was found, it was realized that the service fee $140.90 was automatically deducted from the federal refund. For the fees:Form 1040 $29.95; Schedule A $10.00; State Return: $20.00; Refund Transfer $35; Bank Fee for the Refund Transfer $$26.95

To whom/where the refund is being transferred? To the tax service provider by IRS, and then to the bank by the Service provider? Most banks provide their customers with the domestic fund transfer services at free. If it is too expensive for IRS to provide tax payers with the direct deposit service, let the tax payers have an option to pay for $61.95 fee for the convenienc of the direct deposit or to wait for the refund by mail with no fee by clearly disclosing the fee and options.

Is IRS misleading lower income tax filers to efile for the business?

I filed my state and federal taxes together on Feb 19, a service for which i paid $44.00 upfront (the state return was $24 with a $20 e-file fee). i was advised on the website after filing that i would be emailed an update in 10-14 days, which was never received. i did my own research and discovered a problem, which was resolved between myself and the IRS. my state taxes were supposed to have been filed once the amount of federal taxes had been determined, which i trusted had been done. Tonight, 04/30/09, i discovered my state taxes had not been filed AT ALL.

I recently filed my tax return with express tax. I was not told about the fees. Only was charged $158.00. When asked why so much? I was told because i had 3 w-2's. When i saw my receipt it said that the original fee to file was $183.00 but i got a discount because i was refered by a friend. And i was promised that my return would be here in 2 weeks!

It has not arrived. I filed on 4-10-09. Everyone else that has filed their taxes only paid $67.00 and that's with a rapid refund! I will never ever go to anyone else but H&R Block. I was not able to pay some bills due to such an expensive bill to file my taxes.

Called to check on status of my tax return...again. This is the 3rd or 4th time that I have had to re-submit the SAME info. I re-checked info needed with IRS. so this time I did NOT want to efile, instead have them give me a paper copy but the female re-submitted electronically anyway and said to check back in 2-4 days. I just want a paper copy.

When I voiced my frustration, she told me to stop talking then put me in "time out" or on hold, came back on the line, asked me if I was ready to listent to her tell me the same information again and when I tried to get a paper copy she put me on hold again. Called back 3 times, each time the same thing! Asked for manager, she put me on indefinite hold. Still do not have my 2008 tax return filed.

I am unemployed, so I noticed you could get your Federal Taxes done free with Express Tax Refund. I used to use Turbo Tax, and never had a problem. Express Tax Refund told me that by a certain date, it would be deposited in my bank. Well, guess what? It was not there. I called them, and they told me that the IRS put a hold on my return, but they didn't know why. I talked to the IRS, and they said, "It was Express Tax Refund that didn't file for tax credit earned from 2007." Therefore, I would not receive my refund on time, and that the total was wrong. Turbo Tax never did that, but if they did, they would refund your money to the penny. I finally got my return two weeks later, whew!

I needed a loan, so I went to my bank, and they told me I needed a copy of my tax return from 2007. Express Tax Refund, being the company that filed my taxes in 2007, had all the information I needed. I requested the information from Express Tax Refund 4 weeks ago. After one week, I contacted them. The lady I spoke to was really upset. She told me to go to a website just for my 2007 tax return. So, with her help, I tried everything she told me to do to get in the site, but nothing worked. She told me she would send them in the mail. After a week went by, I called back because there was no sign of my return. Somehow they had an old address of mine from 3 years ago. That was where Express Tax Refund sent my 2007 tax return. The lady was very upset with all that was going wrong with my return, so she sent it to the old address on purpose. I asked them to send it to the right address, and they assured me that they would do it that day.

I waited another week. Nothing showed up in my mailbox. I called again, and they assured me that it would be there in another week. Tomorrow will be another week, and then I can apply for the loan. Turbo Tax would have never done that. After all that, I was then told that I had to pay for Federal taxes filed for 2008, when I was told it was free. I live in Alaska where there are no state taxes, so why am I being charged any fees? Turbo Tax never did that! I talked with a representative of Express Tax Refund, and demanded my money back. She became very angry, raised her voice, and told me that I would never get anything back.

Turbo Tax would have given me the right return and my fee back if I complained. I shall proceed with a complaint about the tactics used to obtain money from the public to the Better Business Bureau. Turbo Tax would not do that!

This site is mixed in with the free federal tax filing services. They never say they are charging $29.95 for the service which is free everywhere else. They never give you the option of saying no to the charge. The make it seem like you are paying your tax. This service is a rip-off and should be fined.

I filed federal taxes online with Express Tax Refund on 4/14/09. There was no available way to print the documents, plus no mention of the fees incurred to file. After calling many times to find out a way to get a copy of the documents, I was told that the cost of filing was $104.95 plus I could not get a copy of my documents until they get their money (which would be taken out of the refund). The online information, after checking this morning (4/18/09), said I could get a copy of my tax return on May 1, 2009. This is ridiculous.

I was referred to this agency by the IRS of all things. The $29.95 service fee is not inclusive. The pricing on the website clearly indicates that there is also a filing fee of $20, a refund transfer fee (and what the hell is this?) of $35, and then a bank transfer fee (again, what the hell is this?) of $30.95. That bring the total cost up to $115.90. Why anyone would use four times as much to have a back water company do what Turbo Tax does is beyond me. Why the IRS advertised this service on their site as an honest service is either inept or corrupt. After using this service and having the charges delivered to me after the fact, the company never once answered its phones. It never sent a copy of the tax documents and never bothered to respond to a complaint from the Better Business Bureau. But there are people here claiming this service only charged them $4.95? They may want to double check the numbers.

I have been using Express Tax Refund for the past three years and I do not understand what these people are talking about. I get a $25 discount. I see my fees before I submit. The website is very user friendly. At first I did not know what I was doing as I was not very computer literate so I called their customer service on a sunday no less and they were opened surprise. Their customer service reps were very helpful they walked me through the process and now i am an expert. This year the big thing was that I needed to put my AGI i am not a tax expert so i called customer service and they helped me. So people read and follow instructions maybe you will have a pleasant experience as i did.

This website is very convenient and it took me only about 15 minutes to complete the application. The fees are low, especially since I received $25 dollars off for filing last year. The customer service representatives are also very helpful and informative. I don't understand why people leave such negative reviews. I personally have not had a single problem filing with ExpressTaxRefund for the past two years.

I went on the IRS FREE FILE which connected me to Express Tax Refund. I knew I would owe IRS so when it came to billing info I thought it was to pay IRS. When I checked my bank account the next day it showed that Express Tax charged me $49.95 and when they called me the same day because my return was rejected by IRS because my AGI was not included. I told them that the question was not on their form or I would have included that info. I also asked them why they charged me. I still don't know if my return was okey.

I efiled with this on line tax company. They advertised they were free for my federal, free e-filing and didn't even list how much any cost would be for any of their services. They also said they would email me of the statis and never did. Fast should never be used to discribe this company. And the finial charges were way higher than filing in person at any Taz company. I feel they deceived me.

I had to call them three times to find out what was happening to the filing, the state taxes would not print out, and they cahrged me one sixth of my refund from the internal revenus service.

This website is very easy to use. My husband and I have filed our taxes here for four years and have never had an issue. I recommended it to my family and friends as well. I think the complaints below are outrageous. I think people should pay more attention and read!!!! THE FAQS AND BILLING AND PRICING POLICY IS ON THE HOME PAGE! DUH!

I've been using expresstaxrefund.com for the last 7 years...never had a problem....every year I get a coupon from them for $25... I make over 6 figures ....the fee for my return is $4.95 .......few members of my family use them as well and are very happy......

Thought I would do my taxes myself, logged onto taxact and Express Tax Refund came up, this is new territory for me but again I thought it was the same one used last year.I was assured it would be real easy to do just follow the instructions. It all went smoothly till the end. I tried to print a copy of my return there was nothing there. I called the customer help line and was told I would get one after they received my payment of $144.95 (which will be deducted from my refund). I should receive my money by 3/13/09.

I asked for them to reject my return because I did not like how they handle their business but they said it could not be done.(1) I thought it was rapid refund NOT SO (2)VERY misleading, why would I want to pay all that money when you can do it FREE. (3) AND NOT TO BE ABLE TO PRINT OUT A COPY IMMEDIATELY IS SO WRONG (4) Now I am afraid I will not get my money because they were not up front with ALL the rules and regulations (5) I still have to wait for THEM to send my papers for the state so I can file them.

I am AFRAID the company has all my information and I won't get my money.

Express Tax Refund is a Misleading Company. It is neither Express nor Free! I got on the internet to find a website to do my Federal and State tax refund. While looking at the IRS.gov site I saw an advertisement for Free Federal filing of taxes. All my friends told me e:filing was the way to go. So I get on the web site and everything looks official. I put in all of my personal information from W-2' of both my spouse and myself, which is a scary thing to do...now someone has all of my personal info including SSN, Driver's license, D.O.B.

Aagain, looks official, so I do it. After spending all the time to plug in the information, then you are informed that there will be a $130.00 charge taken out of your return. After spedning that much time with the web-site, I agree. They make promises to send e:mails on the status of your account. One week later I am still trying to find out if my taxes have been filed...I can not...my credit card has been charge $90.00 so far and I have a phone mess from God knows who on my phone saying my tax application has been rejected by IRS. And that I will have to file paper returns. To get my paper returns from them will be another $90.00. This is insanity.

This company is WRONG and should be put out of service on the internet. Express Tax Refund is nothing more than con artists praying on people who can not afford to have half of their refunds taken away. Advertising for free tax preparation should be illegal. The site makes you go through the entire process before letting you know there will be a charge. By that time you are so frustrated that you continue and then the charges keep on coming. One last thing. They advertise and charge $20.00 extra for State Taxes and yet mine were never filed. Well for that matter neither was my Federal.

I would not have been trying to find something free if I could affored to pay this amount to get my taxes done. And I still don't have the taxes done, now I have to go back to the beginning.

its says free. there was a lot of hidden charges. i got 270.00 they took 130.00 out. something should be done here. im on uneployment. that hurt

I went to irs.gov site to file income taxes. Last year I used Turbo tax with no problem. On the web page is also a listing for Express taxrefund.com, It said that filing was free just like Turbotax but they would also file your state form for free. So I used this site. When I finished I could not print the returns for 6 days, which I thought was strange, but it was free so I went along. When I checked back in a week later I was shown my federal refund would be $252. andshown an invoice for $104.95 which would be deducted from that amount. That was the first time I was ever informed that this was not free.

When the direct deposit was made it was short $36.95. I called them they said that was an extra fee from the bank in California that did the direct deposit. I now have been charged $141.90 out of a $252.00 refund. And when I downloaded the forms I have to mail in the copy of my state tax becauce they never filed it, just printed a copy. Their site is still up and advertising free taxes prepared. Is'ntthis illegal?

The damage was this ripoff company ended up with more of my tax refund than I did while saying it was free.

Misleading Company!!! Free my a**! $70.00 later and I find out my state refund wasn't e-filed and now I have to wait 3 months for the $. Jobless and broke! Thanks Express Tax Refund!!

Expresstaxrefund.com Company Profile