1.38/5
Based on 120 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

174 Everhome Mortgage Company Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 10, 2014

Where do I start? I went to a local foreclosure specialist to get help with my loan modification. She told me to miss a payment because that would help get our loan modification pushed through. So I missed a payment.... not by choice. Missing a payment was a very hard thing to do. I have never missed a mortgage payment in the 22 years I have lived in my house. My loan modification was denied twice. Each time I called Everhome (to see what the denial meant that they had given) I would get different people and they would tell me that we did not make enough money to stay in the house. I had told them that the really funny thing was they bought our loan when we only had one income. Funny how now that we have two incomes meaning more money than when they bought the loan. Seriously what right do they have to say that to me and then ask if I would rather do a short sale after I said I wanted to stay in my home. I asked both of them if it was Everhome's policy to put four children out on the street with their parents.

Everhome does nothing to help the consumer....nothing at all. Their website is an outright lie. Don't say you will help when you won't. I called them today to pay back the payment we were behind and see if they would work with me somehow on the late fees. What I got was this 1) the girl was snotty and read me my options so fast I could not understand her and 2) they once again refused to help. I want people to know not to go with this company by choice. Knowing what I know now I want consumers to be aware. I had no choice in going with these people and as soon as I get the payment and late fees taken care of I am refinancing with a REPUTABLE company... Everhome Mortgage is NOT a reputable company.

Original review: March 2, 2014

My story with Everhome is no different than any of the others I have read. We fell behind in our mortgage, contacted Everhome, was assured all would work out because of the MANY programs to aid people in the same situation. I completed all the forms, kept in contact with them, was assigned a "relationship manager" (what a crock--never spoken to Carlos and doubt if he exists), FOLLOWED ALL THEIR INSTRUCTIONS.

So, our my husband and I are both working full time jobs that pay well enough to pay our bills and put us back right side up. Everhome decides to give us a Modification, but with the caveat that we will have a trial period of three months to prove that we can pay them. THEN, they will modify our mortgage. Well, we pay the first month and the modification papers arrive. THEY WANT MORE MONEY THAN WHAT WE ORIGINALLY PAID--THE AMOUNT WE COULDN'T PAY TO START WITH. In fact, it is about $500 more. How the hell is that a modification? It sure feels like their purpose was to recoup something and then screw us out of our home that we've been in for over 10 years. We have nowhere to go; I don't know what to say to my child about being homeless.

I'm a teacher and my husband works with special needs children so our days are stressful and long. This situation has truly left me hanging at the end of my rope. I am amazed that sleazebag businesses such as this are allowed to operate raping the American public with everyone watching and NO ONE STOPPING them.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 20, 2014

To file a complaint with the government against Everhome Mortgage go to Consumerfinance.gov please. This is the best way for the government to know the issues with Everhome. Please make sure you have all document ready to upload in your complaint. Documents cannot be added after the complaint is sent. For 2 years I have been trying to get Everhome Mortgage to remove my Mortgage Insurance. I met all the requirements 2 years ago. I have made the request 6 times and given every ignorant reason (now which are legal). Now when I call I simply get the run around. After doing some research complaints need to be filed with Consumerfinance.gov in order to show the depth of the problem with Everhome

Original review: Feb. 13, 2014

My wife and I bought a house back in 2004 and without us being notified by Flagstar bank, our mortgage was bought or sold to Everhome, and ever since then everything went downhill. My wife would be sending in the payment but when it was sold the check and pay slip was returned a few times because we did not know that Flagstar was not our mortgage holder anymore and after 3 months Flagstar did tell us. By now it is too late. The only thing that we could do and after 4 different real estate lawyers and such we had to file for bankruptcy in order to save our house. We never did get any notice from Everhome that they have a mortgage now at all till after those 3 months. I know easy way out going for the bankruptcy thing.

We both did not want to do this nor did we want to move mainly because we had lots of money already in the house. So about 3 years later after discharge we are doing good. So for about 4-5 years nothing then my wife's job was downsizing and she was let go along with about 250 more. And she did call Everhome and started working on getting a job and trying to see about what Everhome could do. It took 2 and a half years for them to actually start the process properly. In all that time, we are making the payments missed maybe a month and it was a few days late from due date. But yet when you call they switch us right over to the debt collection dept. and they do not want to hear anything except when you are paying. And also they did send us a loan loss mitigation modification packet so we send it in and they told us to wait about a week so they can scan it in their system and look it over and such.

Well we would call and they never received it so they send us another one. We send it back thru FedEx and again they did not receive it. Well we said this person signed for it at this time. Still they send another one. And so we spent money we did not have and send it FedEx, UPS and USPS and fax it 3 times at 3 different fax places. And so they only received part of it. So this goes on for months and each time we call, we get different people and they require different missing pieces. 2 years later, they have everything but now they said it would be a week. And a week comes and no call or letter, so we call. Nothing. Give it 2 more days and they say then another day. After that so but we need updated paystubs (right now my wife is working 4 different part time jobs mainly because where I live there is not much in jobs here) and I am helping out but cannot too much because I am on disability from my old job and that does not pay much at all.

But we have spent in those few years a few hundred dollars which they do not care about even though that we have times, dates, names of people there that have signed for the packages each time. And we send copies of that also to them but nobody knows where that is because everything we send to them we have to turn around and resend it. We tell them this and how much we spent. They sort of saying in so many words, "whatever, we do not care." But we have proof. Oh well, but then this modification comes back and they do help out by reduces the monthly payments to about $10 less. My wife was on the phone with them asking why that little and I said tell them they can shove that up their **. The agent heard me and said, "You should been paying your mortgage on time." Well a few choice words from wife to the agent and hangs up, waits for a few moments and then calls back and gets same person. Kind of odd because we were getting used to getting different people all the time. But how can they still be in business with how they treat the people paying their wages and such?

Right now we are having a bit better mortgage payment but the way they treat us and the way they do not do anything unless it suits them more. But soon as we can like in winning the lottery, I am driving to Florida, they are about 1000 miles away. But will go down there and get the dept or person to pay off the mortgage. I am honestly going to shove that money up in so deep that they are going to have to go to a hospital and get it removed surgically and not going to be one person there that will stop me. Or after one more year on this probation I will be getting refinanced thru a new company.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2014

In Oct 2011, I became temporary unemployed for about 90 days. We were making partial payments to Bank of America to put forth the effort to keep up. On the 91st day, they turned the account over to foreclosure to Everhome. We have been fighting them for 2 years now. We offered to make full house payments but we were denied then we received a sell date and we hired an attorney to stop it and they could not get it stop until a day after the sale date. We got the sale date stop by filing chapter 13 bankruptcy. We filed on a Friday and the sale date was on Mon in 2012. Then we received modification paperwork a day after the sale date and tried to get a loan modification and were denied.

Everhome stated we applied too late. We have been fighting ever since. We were approved for a trial mod in April of 13, made our payments on time. Now they are stating we are not approved for loan modification for some reasons that do not make sense. This bank just plays games and drag you along. I am disabled with a fix income but plenty enough money coming in to pay all my bills. Now we are facing another sale date. This bank is a rip off and a collection arm for Bank of America, just trying to stay in my home. OH how the banks get away with treating everyday people just trying to make like they do not exists. Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Everhome Mortgage Company?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2014

I am now having the exact same problem as many of you regarding Everhome. My loan too was sold by BOA to them. I have just received notice that they miscalculated my escrow and I now owe 2,500 bucks, plus my payments are going up by 100 dollars. My taxes have not gone up, my homeowners over this two years has gone up by 200 dollars a year, so I'm not sure how they figure my payments need to be 100 dollars more to cover escrow. They have also told me that any mortgage payments I send to them until this fee is paid will not be used to make a payment but will be used to pay off the 2,500-dollar supposed escrow shortage. What you need to do is go to Fdic.gov and file a complaint. The more complaints they get the more chance they will do something to stop what seems to be illegal actions.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2014

Loan was with BofA transferred to this poor excuse of a business. They make it impossible to pay your mortgage. They charge you $12.00 to pay your bill. My mortgage is current and has been current, yet they force you pay late by not crediting your account. Mortgage due and payable on the 1st of each month. Now they want it before the 1st of the month. On top of charging you $12.00 to pay, they now charge you another $12.00 if it is received after the first. Mailed in plenty of time, removed from my bank on the 3rd of the month, they credit the account on the 16th of the month.

They refuse to talk to you in a professional manner. They speak to you as a deadbeat and very rude and condescending. They claim they can change terms of original mortgage at will. I am now filing with the state banking commission and Attorney's General in Florida and New York and Washington. They have no legal right to change any of the original terms and conditions. They only service the loan.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2014

Worst customer service ever. Stay away if possible. I waited over 30 minutes on the phone for a simple yes or no. Also they charge you fees for items not applicable to your account. Never ever

Original review: Jan. 21, 2014

Like many complaints here, I had my home loan through Countrywide and then B of A. I never had any problems with B of A for three years and in 2012 my loan was sold to Everhome. What a bunch of scums. I did fall behind (my fault) in 2012, but got caught up. My loan payments seem to vary from month to month. I have a fixed rate loan, but can show you multiple coupon books all with different payments. My brother in law (we own the house together) called and they stated there was an escrow shortage (why I do not know) but that my payments, which were raised to $2756.00 would return to $2273.00 (the original payment amount) in February. Well, I receive a coupon book reflecting this, after their year end escrow analysis and now I get a notice stating my February payment is $3143.00!!!! I cannot afford a nearly $1000.00 per month increase.

These people are dirtbags. Numerous calls gets numerous differing stories and various rude imbeciles. One "lady" told me to "...just get cheaper homeowners insurance and appeal to the county to reduce your property taxes!" Well, my insurance is very low and my taxes are in line. I am not upside and the property values are going up in my area. What recourse do I have, they keep threatening to foreclose? HELP

Original review: Jan. 19, 2014

In September of 2011 my wife was forced to stop work due to her multiple illnesses. My work in Charleston SC would not provide enough money to pay our bills which led me to work out of town for a higher wage rate and overtime. After a couple of months it was apparent that the extra money I was making was being spent on me living on the road and was not going to keep my home in Charleston. My wife and I decided since my 20 plus years as a craftsman was the only thing we had to keep us going, we would sell the house and move her and my son to Aiken SC. where the work was. We contacted a real estate agent and tried to sell our home of eight years. When we started that our home was instantly sold from BOA to Everhome. After four months of submitting the paper work over and over again with a buyer ready to buy on a short sale. Everhome foreclosed on our home in what my real estate agent said was the fastest foreclose on a property he had ever seen in April of 2012. We were always on time with our house payment for eight years and never missed a payment through December 2011.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2014

Well I got behind in my payments and when I ask for a pay off, they would not give it to me. This has been going on for two years now. I ask for a copy of all my payments I have made and they will only give me the last 10 years. I got a $39,200.00 loan in 1984. Now 30 years later, I still owe them almost $28,000.00. How can that be and if I take my home out of foreclosure, I agree that is what I owe them so I am now trying to stop them from taking my home. All I want is for them to show me how I owe that much and how I got a 45 year loan in 1984. I will happily pay what I owe but not paying twice. Anyone have any ideas on how to fight this?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2014

From 2009 - 2010 I went through a financial crises which nearly cost me my home. Searching for a resolution to my financial problems, my first trial was to refinance. Did that to save a months mortgage between loans. That helped for a moment, but was not the solution to my problems. Finally I turned to the Making Homes Affordable Program for help through the government. Bank of America, my Mortgage holder at the time, had a division of their institution that worked with me through the process of a loan modification. It was a process that took over a year...and was very frustrating. Week after week they would request additional financial documentation and affidavits, all the while the Collections Department of Bank of America was threatening foreclosure and eviction. I was amazed how neither department of the same financial institution had zero correspondence with each other, but was assured by the Modification department that this was procedure and I just had to go with the flow. All in all, the final outcome a year later was the approval of my Loan Modification which extended my loan 10 years, decreased my interest and brought my payment down to a reasonable monthly premium that I could afford. I was pleased and grateful of the results.

In October of 2013, Everhome Mortgage acquired my loan fro BOA. Since the new year, there has been no increase in my Property Taxes and no increase, that I am aware of, in my homeowners insurance, yet I received a letter from Everhome that I was short on my January 1st mortgage payment and my new mortgage premium has increased by $230.69 every month. I am told this is due to additional Escrow requirements, which I do not understand would be necessary if there was no increase in my Taxes or Insurance. I have been trying to get through to a customer service rep to discuss this, but I have not been successful in reaching anyone yet who could give me the answers as to why this happened.

It is just very frustrating when at a time of the year when you are trying to get through all of the Holiday bills, and home heating costs are the highest, gas and commuter tolls have increased, and just about every utility is raising their rates and adding fees to offset their costs...people like me, who are getting by month to month, and finally balanced their financial budgets with a manageable mortgage are suddenly expected to squeeze out another $230.00 each month for a loan that I worked over a year to get down to what fit my budget. I don't know what my outcome will be, but I plan on posting a follow up once I get official answers from someone at Everhome.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2014

From October 2011 to October 2013, I established a payment plan with Everhome Mortgage. Under the provisions of the agreement, I paid an amount that would satisfy the arrearage. At the end of the satisfied agreement, my payments would go back to normal. After successfully completing the agreement, I was told that I was still a payment behind. I requested my banking records, which indicated that I made every payment and submitted them to Everhome for review. The story changed and stated that I hadn't made my July 2011 payment. I was told this information two years after the fact.

After dealing with several rude Everhome representatives, misinformation, and withheld information, the issue was finally addressed. We are still going back and forth about this outstanding payment because Everhome refuses to acknowledge that they made a mistake. I am considering legal action if the situation is not resolved in 90 days.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2013

In October 2013, Everhome out of Jacksonville FL, purchased our loan from BOA. We have never missed a beat and this was an investment home under water that fell under Harp 2 program or at least one of the many HARP programs. Although I myself am in the mortgage business, I felt it would be a conflict of interest to do my own loan. I approached Everhome and was told I qualified (which I already knew). I was given a rate and disclosure that when completed would raise my payment slightly but that it would be converted to a fixed. I asked the loan officer Teresa several times to verify that the costs would increase the loan amount (for which they now serviced) to no more than $231k from $223k.

The reason the closing costs were so high was because it was the end of the year and I had to post escrow for taxes and insurance (which although had been paid to Bank of America in my monthly payments), but it was my understanding that this escrow balance would be refunded to me within 30 to 45 days of closing which incidentally I believe to be the law. Just before the loan was to closed, I was told that I had to bring over $2400 additional to the closing and that the new payment would be going up over $150.00 a month. It just doesn't make sense to do this. I consulted my own lawyer and was told that there is a line item adjustment for escrow on my new loan and that in no way were we going to have to bring money to closing. The escrow in the old loan would also be mailed back to me under RESPA.

My attorney I have known for over 16 years and he has closed over 20, 000 closings so he is not a novice. I consider him the expert. I closed and could never get a return phone call from the servicing department because I was told the old bank records are not visible to the new servicing entity even though they are both EVERHOME. When push came to shove, no one would refer me higher than a manager. I asked if it was okay to record the phone call and they said not wasn't yet for some reason they read the standard disclosure that they could record for quality. WHAT A CROCK!

After over a dozen phone calls (not exaggerated) and past the RESPA requirement that an itemization had to be provided after 45 days of the closing, I received a check for $16.00 saying this is closing out my escrow which had over $3600 in taxes alone. I called back again, asked if they were a public company and after 30 minutes of being put on hold, I was transferred a to a loan specialist in the wrong department . After complaining again, they again transferred me to someone else who proceeded to disconnect me after being on hold for over ONE HOUR.

I have maintained the phone records to substantiate this and have all the names. Through my own research, I discovered they are a public company. They trade under EVER. I can only imagine that since they are servicing into the billions and that having read about their previous challenges and lawsuits with different States and having been disciplined through the OTC that they are less than above board on their servicing practices or at the least in violation of Respa. I am looking to file a class action lawsuit against this company as I am sure there are MANY others where they have kept escrows and misled the public. The best yet is that a supervisor told me that" because it is a HARP program" they do not have to disclose they can take my escrow. Wrong AGAIN . I have kept extremely good records, names dates and times of conversations. Feel free to contact me regarding this request. Companies like this should be stopped from hurting the public. Anyone reading this you also have recourse with the CFPB, One of the finance industry regulators in Washington.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2013

As has happened to many commenting below my mortgage was sold by BofA to these individuals in July 2013 because BofA** wanted to get out of a loan modification. Everhome would not give me a loan modification, a refinance, or let me take over my tax payments that I previously had with BofA. They are now charging me more escrow than is needed. I have faxed, called, and sent pertinent documents to request this but they refuse and make arrogant remarks like "We have to maintain our interest in this property". Duh, guess who has an interest in the property also, me. I am living on disability and despite numerous attempts to get a loan modification, they just blow me off without any logical reason. My Making Home Affordable loan was only a 5-year low rate (that was the only loan BofA offered me) so they are gonna screw me come November 2014. They just want me out of my house. Just gonna start blowing them off come then. Any attorneys from NJ know how to handle these lowlifes.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2013

Everhome bought my mortgage from Bank of America 3 months ago. I had been modified thru a program by Bank of America now Everhome bought my mortgage and my payments have gone up by almost 100 dollars more. They told that by law they could do this. I thought that because I was in a refinance program this would not happen?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2013

EverHome Mortgage treated me with great disrespect. They were extremely rude, they harassed me, and they illegally started foreclosure proceedings on my home. They delayed filing my application for mortgage aid and relief request due to hardship for months after I submitted it to them. They purposely delayed filing it with the organizations that could help me until I was behind on 4 mortgage payments because Colorado law says they cannot start foreclosure until a person is 4 months late on mortgage payments. Then they started foreclosure proceedings AFTER I obtained a 6-month no payment special forbearance, and that is illegal in the state of Colorado.

They are destroying my credit rating by reporting an illegal foreclosure and they refuse to correct that and they are refusing to correct my credit report. It is causing me many problems, it has cost me a job, and it is making it very difficult to get another job as my line of work requires me to have a good credit rating. I have been forced to hire an attorney to help me fight them and that is money I don't have to spend as I have no income at all as I am still unemployed. I live alone, I have a disability that requires me to spend lots of money on health care, and I have animals that are part of my family that need to be fed and cared for and they are my family so they will NEVER be given away. I don't abandon my family under any circumstances so don't even suggest that to me.

Details: After I had been unemployed for quite some time, I contacted EverHome Mortgage. I told them I was not going to be able to keep up with my mortgage payments anymore until I got another job and asked what mortgage assistance programs they had for which I would qualify. They sent me a bunch of forms and I filled them out and sent them to EverHome Mortgage via fax and regular mail. Then the many problems and forms of harassment started.

Several times over the course of the next 2-3 months, they sent me letters saying some information was missing that I was supposed to send. I would call them and tell them they already had the information they said they needed before they could submit my application for review and tell me what programs I qualified for at the time. Each time I spent well over 1 2 hours with them on the phone while they looked though their files and then they would finally say they found the information. One time they said they needed the application redone because it was scratched. I said it was faxed to you so there is no way it is scratched and what does that mean anyway? It turned out their printer was not printing correctly and some of the information on one part of one page was hard to read.

So I resent the information via fax and they said they received it just fine. However, they did this to me so many times that I finally asked why they were purposely dragging out the time and not submitting my forms so I could find out which programs I would qualify for at the time. They said there was plenty of time and to not worry, they just wanted to have all the information before they submitted my application so it would not be returned. I again told them they had all the information from the first time I sent it to them, which was MONTHS before they finally submitted my application.

Every time I called EverHome Mortgage, the person answering the phone would ask 15-20 minutes of questions before they would listen to what I had to say or put me through to the person I was calling. These were not just a couple of questions to verify I was me. They asked me why I was asking for help, why I couldn't make payments, was I living in the home, did I intend on staying in the home, did anyone else live with me, did anyone else in the home have a job, etc, etc, etc. I would say those answers have not changed and I don't have time for this.

I had gotten a contract job and was working at the time and did not have 20 minutes to spend answering questions each time I called, especially when I had just answered the questions several times that week or even that same day! They were rude and disrespectful to me and told me if I didn't answer the phone they would not get whomever I was calling nor would they answer any questions. One woman even hung up on me after 20 minutes of me being harassed and I said I was not going to keep answering the questions because I had just answered them all earlier that same day. So I called and asked for and got a manager to work with. At least they told me the person was a manager. However, I later found out the people who said they were managers were just other call center employees pretending to be managers. I finally got a person in another department to help me or at least he pretended to help me. Also, not one single time have I ever been able to talk to the relationship manager assigned to my account because he was always with another customer EVERY time I called.

After they finally submitted my application I received a letter that said they had tried many times to contact me and get information from me, but because I had never responded to any of their attempts to contact me that they were foreclosing on my home. I was furious and called the so-called single point of contact who was supposedly helping me. He said it was just a form letter that was sent out to everyone and to just ignore it if it didn't apply to me. He said they had stopped the foreclosure because I had been approved for a special forbearance with no payments for 6 months. He said there was no foreclosure and it would not be on my credit report because it did not actually occur and was never an active foreclosure. He lied to me.

I received notices taped on my door and letters from lawyers saying my home was in foreclosure and was going to be sold via an auction on February 5, 2014. When I tried to contact them, it took forever for someone to get back to me. And they say they can continue with the foreclosure because they started it before I was approved for the forbearance. I was approved for the forbearance on September 6th, and they filed the foreclosure on October 5th, which makes it an illegal foreclosure. I had the dates confirmed by employees with Adams county and the state of Colorado and they all told me what EverHome Mortgage was doing was illegal and that I should file a complaint with the Attorney General of Colorado and anyone else that will report, sanction, and fine EverHome Mortgage, so that is what I am doing. I have also hired a lawyer to fight them and make them pay me for all of my hassles and to fight the illegal foreclosure and all of the associated illegal fees and fines they have charged my account. They should be heavily fined for their illegal actions and for harassing me.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2013

This company is out dated and make it impossible to make payments. When doing payments online the consumer gets charged an additional $12. I don't know of any companies that do that nowadays. This company will try to suck any penny they can from loyal customers. I've been with this company for 25+ years and I will never recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2013

I was told by Everhome that I did not have proof of hazard insurance. I faxed it 6 times and sent it via Express Mail 2 times. Apparently the fax was not clear. I spoke to send by email but Everhome doesn't accept email. They clearly don't want to work with me and they want to shake me down for hazard insurance number. They called me every day and after a lot of question to confirm my information they tell me always the same "I'm so sorry but you need to send again the proof of your insurance. Fax number 866-632-9396 but we can receive the payment of your mortgage + the amount of the insurance (that they are charge me because they do not have proof of my insurance) and when we have the proof of the insurance we can credit this amount to your account." They do not received the payment of my mortgage only. It is horrendous and irresponsible company. It is not ethical company. I am so sorry my mortgage was sold to Everhome mortgage.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2013

Doesn't really look like there were any lessons learned here concerning Everhome Mortgage. A name I will see in my nightmare for years to come. My foreclosure review will be ending soon, I hope. My advice to anyone still dealing with this company is to send all your complaints to the OCC and to whomever else you deem necessary to report them. Keep reporting them - day in and day out if you have to. On a lighter side, maybe they should remove their name from the football stadium - the team isn't doing so well.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2013

Other than the fact that there are few restrictions and regulations, the person who first got in contact with me was extremely disrespectful, rude, and insulting. My loan was transferred years ago from Countrywide to Bank of America. During negotiations with B of A for loan remodifications and later for a Short Sale, B of A sold to Everhome. My realtor had to resubmit papers to Everhome. The man who contacted me said that I had been in my house for 4 years too long. My case had come up for an independent review. The length of the years in my house was none of this guy's business. After they try to take your house away, they also insult you. Now that I applied for a short sale with Everhome, three of the buyers backed out because Everhome dragged its heals in accepting the offer. One buyer was left and that is an investment company who changed its name after the contract was signed. Now Everhome refuses the old contract, wants to start over and wants 10,000 dollars more. We have been in negotiations since May of 2013.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2013

I made a mortgage payment to Everhome Mortgage via Bank of America's "Bill Pay", as usual. The electronic transfer was sent on the 1st of the month. Twenty-five days later I received a "pink slip" via snail mail from Everhome notifying me that payment had not been received. I signed online and received confirmation that the payment was sent, so I called BofA and spoke with their "Bill Pay" department. The associate told me that my payment went through without a problem. She asked me to hold while she contacted Everhome and I replied "Good luck with reaching anyone because they've changed their hours to 8:30 am-4:30 pm, Monday-Friday." She thought that she'd have better and I didn't even have to provide her with their number because they have it readily available. Well, she had as much luck as me.

I made an appointment with BofA for a 3-way conference call scheduled tomorrow at noon to get this resolved, but not feeling very confident after reading all of the previous posts. Everhome used to have customer service available 7 days a week with much more customer friendly hours. Based on my own experience as well as reading previous posts, it seems they are making it as difficult as possible for folks to make a connection. I'll post an update tomorrow.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2013

The same thing happened to me. I have owned my home for over 10 years, and have been renting out for the past 5. My loan was with BOA and Everhome purchased it in July 2013. Since then I have had nothing but problems with this company. My home was vacant not abandoned for 4 mos. My renter did damage and I was in the process of making repairs and getting ready to sell. The lawn was being maintained weekly by a company I had hired. I explained to them the property was going through repairs and was not abandoned. Because of all the repairs I had to pay, etc., I was late on my mortgage for the first time in 10 years. I hadn't been more than 45 days behind when Everhome broke into my home when I was out of the country and changed the locks.

I have never received a Foreclosure notice. They put stickers and letters all over the house so it looked liked it was bank owned. I told them to stop breaking into my house and they are making it hard for me to sell, by making it appear it's in foreclosure. They say they have the right to do so if I am past 30 days due because it's vacant. I assured them people have been in and out of there, contractors, myself and maintenance people on a weekly basis and the property isn't abandoned. I caught up on the payments. And again I fell late by 4 days and Everhome again broke into my home and winterized the property. I called and swore a MILLION times and the customer service rep transferred me to three different people and somehow we were disconnected!!!! Weird.

The property was on the market when they broke in the second time. Not only did they winterize my property, they actually removed the water meter and left it on the basement floor! I have since turned them into the Attorney General's Office who is further investigating. My mortgage is all caught up and I have tenant in here. They have called me three times beginning on October 4th telling me I needed to pay the mortgage! I told them to stop harassing and I will make my mortgage before the grace period! I can't believe this company can get away with this. I told them I am trying to do the right thing and not let it go back to the bank; however, they are making it so difficult.

I have since rented the property after being on the market for only 3 weeks. I had no choice not to take it off because I couldn't afford to keep making the monthly payments and with Everhome working against me and not with me, I didn't get a fair chance to keep my house on the market and sell it outright. I couldn't risk them breaking in again and having buyers come through a home looking like it's in foreclosure when it's not. Let me also stress... I was never EVER given a notice of foreclosure. It bothers me how people can live in their homes over a year when they are in foreclosure and I can't even be a month behind without them constantly harassing me when all I am trying to do is the right thing and not let it go back to the bank. I think a class action lawsuit is in order. Thanks for reading, if anyone is interested in pursuing this any further please contact me. I hate to see these people get away with this. Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2013

I was told by Everhome that I did not have proof of hazard insurance. I faxed it multiple times and sent it via Express Mail. Apparently the fax was not clear (I would love to send a PDF, but for some mysterious reason, Everhome doesn't accept email). I am now being billed thousands for hazard insurance that I don't need. I am on the West Coast and Everhome provides no evening or weekend hours. They clearly don't want to work with me and they want to shake me down for hazard insurance number. Horrendous, unresponsive company. I am so sorry my mortgage was sold to Everhome. Everhome = Never Ethical.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2013

When I bought my house, I asked the mortgage company repeatedly if they would sell my mortgage and they stated no. Three years later, they sold my mortgage to a company. When I looked up the company, they had no negative reviews and, as a result, I wasn't that upset about the sale of the account. Three years later, however, my account was sold to Everhome. I panicked. All I saw online was NEGATIVE reviews. I had constant fears they would post my payment late, put me into foreclosure, speak to me badly on the phone, and the list goes on and on.

Well...this has been my experience with Everhome. 1. Got a notice from my homeowner's policy that the policy had not been paid. I faxed a letter to Everhome and the policy was paid within a day. Apparently, when the loan servicer changed, someone should have told them the address of the insurance company to make sure the payment was made. 2. Payments - a few of my payments have been late, but I have paid the late fee and there have been no consequences - no reporting to the credit bureaus or anything like that. 3. Automatic drafts - a couple of times my drafts didn't go through because I had to close my bank account after my identity was stolen - I paid the late fees and there were no consequences. 4. Phone calls - every time I call Everhome, they fax or provide me what is needed - from statements to payoff amounts.

I am refinancing to get my interest rate lower and to be with a local credit union, but I have to say that my experience with Everhome has been worry free. I would guess that the way Everhome treats you is how they rate your account in house. I know a lady that used to work at the phone company and "bad" accounts were treated badly while "good" accounts were treated well. My guess is that, if Everhome had EVER re-classified my account to a bad account in-house, they likely would have treated me badly. As it stands, they were nothing but professional and courteous with me. Also, if you need loan information, you can use your loan number and SSN to register and review your account details online. Though I would not have chosen Everhome based upon the reviews, I just wanted to let people know (who ended up with Everhome) that they are not as bad as these reviews make them out to be.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2013

I had a flood in my basement in a house I've only lived in for less than a year. I had Everhome in my last house (since my mortgage was sold to them), but never had a problem, so I had the mortgage with this house done through them. When there is structural damage, the insurance company makes the checks out to you (the property owner) and the lien holder. The lien holder is supposed to endorse the check & send back to you so you can pay for repairs. I had all work completed and they are holding the final check because it exceeds their "threshold" of $10,000 in claims & so I have to go through a "process". Well, the work is already done and has been for 2 months. All contractors have been paid in full.

My insurance adjuster met with the mold remediation contractor & plumber for final inspection before writing the final check. Everhome would not endorse, they put it into an escrow account & are "holding" it until an inspection is done & all these other bogus requirements are met. They had an inspector (who had never seen the property before) come to determine if the basement rebuild was 100% complete. They said it was only 89% and were holding the money because they said the ceiling wasn't painted. The ceiling in the basement isn't finished & never was. There was a reference to "ceiling" in the adjuster's report which was an error generated by her software. I had her correct the report and was told that once that correction was made, we would be done. I did everything the hostage takers wanted & THEN, they called me & said I needed to get a clean air test & something else before they could give me MY MONEY.

These people are thieves. Plain & simple. Their "customer service" people hang up on you if you get mad. They think that it's perfectly fine to take money that is not theirs & then act like you're not supposed to be upset. Once I get this resolved, I'll either move or refinance with someone else. Run for your life. I'd rather pay a higher interest rate than ever deal with these crooks again. They get all of their business through banks selling your mortgage to them, so that should tell you something. If they actually had to compete for your business, they'd never get it. The flood in my basement happened on May 31; work on the rebuild and all plumbing was finished on July 24. Today is September 18, and I don't have the last check yet.... I'm told it may be awhile. (Of course, it's not earning interest.) They behave like hostage takers, only the hostage is YOUR MONEY.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2013

We mail a check on a Friday, first class mail. Two weeks later, check still hasn't cleared! Other bills we pay in the mail, check clears in SIX days! Can anyone tell me if them holding the mail so long is a technique EH uses/used to charge you late fees?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

I am a real estate broker. I have worked with many various lending institutions successfully securing short sale approval or my clients. My client came to me 8/1/12 after being denied loan modification with Everhome (EH). We listed the house, received an offer, submitted to EH for approval. They came back with SS approval at a higher price than what the house was worth. We had it listed for 118000 and EH wanted to net 130,000! This would have been 140,000 sales price! If we could get that price for the house, there would be no need for a short sale. I appealed the value, was successful, we secured another offer.

Since then we have had nothing but grief from EH, they seem to not want to cooperate with us. Seller sends documentation requested by EH. EH claims they never receive it. This happens all the time, EH telling us they don't receive documents submitted by borrower. Again Everhome claims seller does not send requested documents even though seller sends them and I am cc'd on all emails. Finally EH says I have never been authorized to speak to them even though authorization was sent 8/12. It was sent again this week and again I am not authorized to speak to them.

It appears EH will force my seller to walk away from the house, it will become a vacant foreclosed house in the neighborhood which is "blight' for the neighbors and in a couple of years will be back on the market after it is foreclosed on. If EH would work with us and not against us we could accomplish a common goal to promote home ownership which creates pride in our community. I have not been so frustrated with a lending institution before as I am with EH.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2013

BOA recently sold my loan to Everhome. I called them today to ensure that they will send my homeowner's insurance (Ameriprise) payment before the deadline date. They said yes, they will send the payment. Before I hung up, the Everhome rep asked me if my homeowner's insurance included windstorm insurance. I said that I was not sure about that. The rep stated that Everhome requires all homeowners to have windstorm insurance. I asked her, "Is this a GA law requirement," and she says no. I asked her, "Do other mortgage companies require this?" And she says may be or may be not but their company does.

I live in metro Atlanta. Why do I need additional windstorm insurance? The rep stated with all the hail we have experienced lately, they have made it a requirement. I am not thinking this sounds right. Doesn't the regular homeowner's insurance cover hail damage? I had hail damage a few years ago and I did not have any problems with my insurance company replacing my roof. I immediately felt like I was being scammed. I felt that she was trying to sell me Everhome insurance. I am not having a good feeling about this company especially now that I have read some of the complaints. I plan to sell my house and pay off this loan soon, hopefully. And I hope I do not come across this company again after the loan is paid off.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

I have been a customer for about 10 years... refinanced once and did not have a problem. Yes, I had to have the forms sent to me twice but what the **. No one is perfect. I always get a real person when I call and they always can answer any question I have. If they can't, then they admit it and have me speak to someone who can help me. Those of you whining, give me a break...

Everhome Mortgage Company Company Information