Ditech Financial
3.43/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Ditech Financial

We are in the business of helping Americans realize the dream of home ownership. The irony is that while buying a home can be a joyful and uplifting experience, getting a mortgage can be anything but. We aim to change that.

Our purpose: securing the American Dream

Our approach: helpful, responsive, efficient and fair

Our values: honesty, responsibility, transparency and creativity

Our promise: to put your needs first!

Looking for a mortgage lender?

3237 Ditech Financial Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 14, 2019

My mortgage payments has never been late in 22 years. Under Ditech my statements stopped or come late. Payment due on the 10 of the month - no statement so I mailed my payment off without a statement. Need some help letters and their representative or no help. Last payment for May was sent certified mail. 7 day later no payment posted.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I have been sending extra money to Ditech for some time now. A few months ago, they started taking my extra payments and placing them in interest only? Even though I have never been late on any payments. I decided to pay the loan off, but now they won't give me a payoff quote. I don't understand what's going on. I email them weekly with no response. I call, I'm told they're reviewing my request, but yet no answers? They seem to dodge you at every corner. This has been a horrible experience for sure. I would not use this bank for any reason.

Original review: May 12, 2019

This company should not be allowed to be in business, they apply funds at the incorrect date, do not read notes and do not apply funds correctly. The longer mistakes are made the more corrections, affecting 1098s, etc. Companies should not be allowed to sell these businesses on, time and time again. Countrywide to Bank of America, BOA to GreenTree, GreenTree to Ditech, now who knows. Disgraceful practices.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Ditech went Ch. 11 in February. I blame Fannie Mae, the holder of the mortgage, for being uncaring to us, the borrower, for allowing such horrible care by a servicer they chose. We had no choice. Now must take whoever they give us once again.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I'm really disappointed with this company, they're corrupt, they're stealing money from us with any excuse. I called several times because I put extra money on the principal and they applied like a regular payment. I have no response still on fixing my payment. My payments increased too. This company needs to be shut down. They have a lot of bad reviews.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial, LLC?

Original review: May 8, 2019

My husband and I have been reading these reviews and need help with this bankruptcy letter and getting a lawyer. Please email me at **. We have had bad experiences with payments not being applied and escrow letters. Please help.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I cannot understand why so many people depend on Ditech to properly credit payments when they send them by mail. I cannot understand why anyone would trust this company with their bank information, to have them "autopay" the mortgage. I cannot understand why anyone would choose NOT to use billpay with this company. They have shown they will delay crediting payments, credit them inappropriately, and still people use the U.S. mail or autopay.

USE YOUR BANK's billpay service. Just enter their address and name like you would anyone's in your bank's billpay service. YES, DITECH accepts payments electronically! I've been paying Ditech/Green Tree this way ever since my mortgage was transferred to Green Tree, years ago. That has worked out. Now for the bad. My last payment was paid electronically on May 1st, and that is when Ditech received it. Today is Monday, May 6th. Ditech still does not show my payment on the website.

I do not know of ANY other company that takes over 5 days to show credit of a payment! Last month Ditech took only 2 business days to credit my payment, so this inconsistency is strange, but in line with what I know about Ditech. With all these inconsistencies and ineptitudes, I plan to pay off my mortgage balance via billpay until it's about $5 or less, then use their payoff process, since at that point the per diem interest won't change much from day to day and they won't be able to screw me, as I know they would if I sent it on day 1 of the 10 day payoff period.

So my advice to people with a Ditech mortgage is to give the company no chance to screw them by using billpay. Then they have a record of the payment, the amount, and the time Ditech received their payment. All of these complaints about sending Ditech this or that by mail are just sad. Never send anything to Ditech by mail except an official complaint or your final (very small) payoff. Always use billpay! They accept payment electronically, they just do not have this information on their website.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Extra fund you send in get put wherever they decide to put them. They forced me into escrow for property taxes and paid my city taxes without any conversation with myself. I had sent in my check and had it returned to me with letter telling me the taxes had already been paid by mortgage company.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I was the only one on the discharge since my wife wanted to keep the house the loan went to her. We left it when she went into a nursing home. It went into foreclosure. She died before the actual foreclosure paperwork was started according the records I have. These idiots still send her mail for home insurance and even though the foreclosure is final. I keep sending it back. They have no idea what they are doing including the lawyers who represented them in the foreclosure. They tried sending me stuff and I told them where to go and if they contact me again they will be sued for harassment. They don't seem to know what a bankruptcy discharge means.

Plus the judge and Ditech's lawyers got a copy of my late wife's death certificate. They don't have a clue as to what they are doing. The house was supposed to be auctioned off April 17, 2019. I assume it has been done. Just got a notice today to her from Ditech about insurance on the house, I didn't open it. I just sent it back. I can keep returning anything from them in "Please return to sender. Person does not live here. She is dead." I can see why Ditech is filing bankruptcy. They don't have a clue on how to run a business plus their employees must not have an education higher than preschool.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I received a mortgage statement showing I was past due when I sent 2 payments in at one time due to the fact we are going out of town for a funeral. I sent 2 separate checks. They applied them both (they have been cashed) and applied 1 check all to principal. When I called to get this corrected they were rude and treated me like I made the mistake. 1st call to them was April 23rd 2019, then their collector called me on April 25th, I explained to him what was going on and he didn't even look at the customer servicing notes on the account.

I called back on the April 27rh and talked to the original girl I talked to on the 23rd to see if it was corrected and she was rude. She said that was not her department. When asked for a supervisor she hung up on me. I called back after going through 2 more customer service reps and got a supervisor, who said she would handle. In mean time I have to make another payment because they're showing me late. This is very upsetting, this is my home and credit! I have never been late on a payment in my life. I take pride in keeping my mortgage current. I pay extra every month to principal. I feel like the supervisor said she would handle just to get me off the phone. She suppose to call me back on April 29th, but the first girl was also suppose to call me back and she never did. I have no trust in this company.

Ditech Financial Company Information