Ditech Financial
3.42/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Ditech Financial

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

We are in the business of helping Americans realize the dream of home ownership. The irony is that while buying a home can be a joyful and uplifting experience, getting a mortgage can be anything but. We aim to change that.

Our purpose: securing the American Dream

Our approach: helpful, responsive, efficient and fair

Our values: honesty, responsibility, transparency and creativity

Our promise: to put your needs first!

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Ditech Financial Reviews

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

We make payments every week trying to get our home paid off. Our pmt. is roughly $450.00 a month we send in between $600 & $750 a month thinking that the difference is being applied to the principal balance only because I have called in at least a dozen times to make sure this is being done and have been told each time that " Absolutely" that is the way it's done. Well guess what, I just found out that they hold all payments made until they get a full payment then they apply it to your account. This way more interest can accrue and you have to pay more. I knew something was up when I looked at my statement and saw where over $400 had been applied the interest on my account and less than $100 to principal.

My house should been darn near paid for within a year to two years but they have not been applying my payment as soon as they received it. THEY HAVE BEEN HOLDING MY PAYMENTS. I know when their checks are cashed because I check with my bank. This is stealing plain and simple and I want them to go back through my account and reapply every single payment to my account the right way. I am shouting from the rooftops about this to anyone and everyone who will listen. Terrible company to do any type of business with. Go live in a dog house before you think of financing anything with them.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I went online to look at my account and it said a payment was due but didn’t give the date due. I used chat in an attempt to verify it wasn’t due until September 1st. I was asked to input my name to start the chat, and in the comments I stated I wanted to know my next payment due date. I was then forced by the customer rep to enter my name again. I did that. I was asked if I wanted to switch to paperless billing, a question I answered when I logged into the site and not likely to have changed my mind about in the last 5 minutes. The rep refused to answer my question unless I first answered about paperless billing. A total waste of my time and very rude. They clearly don't value their customer's time.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: July 16, 2019

I always pay my mortgage through their website. They neglect to process the payments until after the grace period and then charge me late fees. This has happened at least a dozen times since they bought my loan. I usually just pay it because it wasn't worth the hassle. But lately they've been applying the late fee payments towards the principal instead of the late fees and charge me yet again plus interest and "fees". They tried to charge me nearly $50 this month in late fees and it took 2 hours, multiple calls, and a few thinly veiled threats to get them to "waive" the fraudulent late fees, which they only did because I've started keeping all my payment confirmation emails and had proof that the payments were made on time. This company will rob you blind if you aren't careful. Consumers beware!!!

Original review: July 13, 2019

I have tried to recover two over-payments that were made after I paid the mortgage off. So far no luck. The customer service representatives I attempted to speak with I could not understand and their knowledge was less than I needed. Tried to e-mail these people through their website and constantly received, "message not sent," "error had occurred." AM really getting aggravated. Look before you leap...

Original review: July 2, 2019

I have received repeated harassing phone calls from Ditech representatives telling me I owe them $831.53. I asked for an explanation for where this charge is coming from and each time they tell me they will "investigate" and call me back or email me the information. They NEVER do, instead a couple of days later I receive another phone call from another representative who then asks me for the money again. I have spoken with several "supervisors" and no one seems to be able to give me a straight answer. Repeatedly calling a customer and stating they owe money without a valid explanation is the very definition of extortion.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial, LLC?

Original review: June 28, 2019

They never cashed our checks, sent them back to us 3 mos later stating they were late. They were not late when mailed, only became late when they didn’t open them and apply them on time. Now their lawyer sends us a letter about foreclosure and this is the first we’ve heard from them after trying to contact them about our payments. So now I have no clue what to do! I’ve sent paperwork trying to redo the loan after they made us behind not cashing our checks only for them to deny us. But funny they never pulled our credit to even try to refinance the loan, just turned around the day after receiving it saying "Sorry it’s denied!" They didn’t even try! Shame on you Ditech! They are shady, constantly changing their name for some reason!

Original review: June 10, 2019

I have water damage from recent storms and malfunctioning water heater that was built behind the wall in this dilapidated so called mobile home that Green Tree or whoever they are now! They are still ripping me off on that too... but we had an adjuster to come out and he talked like we were going to be helped, yea right think again! They had the audacity to send an email, not even a phone call to say they were not going to pay for anything!!!! Guess what? This is the low down part Green Tree, now Ditech, and have been changed AGAIN as of JUNE 1, 2019 to LOANCARE. Put the insurance on the trailer and at a price of $250 a month! I have been paying on a $ 60,000 trailer for 22 yrs and STILL OWE $22,000! CONSUMER AFFAIRS I DEFINITELY NEED HELP WITH THESE DEVIL SPAWNS! PLEASE HELP.

Original review: June 7, 2019

When we purchased our home it was through Green Tree. Since Ditech took over it has been a nightmare. Bad customer service, have to wait almost an hour then get the runaround. Looked at my statement and now they have me paying into an escrow account. I never had an escrow on my account. Then you call they don't understand or act confused. I wrote a letter about my account they sent me a notice saying they would contact me within 30 days, it has been 69 days and no response. Found out they will try and pay your property taxes without your permission. Then add it to your account. I'm writing this because I wouldn't want anyone else to have to deal with this nightmare.

Original review: June 6, 2019

On May 1st 2019 Ditech received a check for $30,000 of which $19,000 was to pay off my loan. I lost my home the middle of March due to the flood and filed a claim which my insurance paid. After many many calls with Ditech since they received the check... they tell me TODAY 6 June 2019 that they've lost the check and my insurance needs to issue a new check!!! This is UNACCEPTABLE. Now it'll be another 30 days from the time they receive the new check for them to apply it and send the rest to me. I will be SO GLAD when all is finally said and done. I will NEVER do business with this company again.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Inconsistent. Substandard. Criminal. No recourse or customer service for statement error, contract discrepancy, no paperwork for refi or government assistance. They never applied the money they received from the government to our loan!!! Now they sold us to another creditor that of course knows NOTHING of previous activity!!! Didn’t my file follow my loan?? WT*!!

Ditech Financial Company Information