Find a Mortgages partner

out of business
 1.7/5 (3504 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About Ditech Financial

We are in the business of helping Americans realize the dream of home ownership. The irony is that while buying a home can be a joyful and uplifting experience, getting a mortgage can be anything but. We aim to change that.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

Ditech Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial, LLC?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I am currently dealing with Ditech Claims Dept. for a Roof replacement, I have called multiple times and spoke with several different people and have been told something TOTALLY different by each person I've spoken with. I was originally told I needed to endorse my claim check and send it in with the Adjuster's estimate, contractor's estimate, a W-9, a Lien Waiver, and Copy of contractor's license. When I called to check on this I was told that NO documentation was needed since the total claim was less than $40,000.00, All I needed to do was endorse the check send it to them them and they would endorse it it and return it to me to have all work done.

TWO weeks later I call to followup on the process and was told that I in fact needed to send all other documents in order to have funds released. They were not going to contact me to inform me of this. They were going to sit on this check in hopes I would not contact them. I was told that due to my account being "a few days delinquent at the date of the claim and the claim check being over $5,000 (the check was for $6,708.00) They were required to have all documentation in order to release funds that they had already deposited into their account. Customer service is COMPLETELY USELESS! AND UNPROFESSIONAL!!!! None of their Reps are reading from the same script and they each tell you a different story. Ditech is a Crooked Company! They are thieves! If you have an option to use any mortgage company other than Ditech DO IT! STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THESE ASSHATS!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I refinance my loan over a decade ago before it became Ditech. Every time proof of insurance needs to be provided or anything of that sort I have to get on the phone to get anything accomplished. They receive documents but never update the account time and time again. Three months ago I started a loan assumption request which I was told would take an average of 60 days. Fill out all of the consent forms and send in supporting documents but never got a response. I called at least twice weekly after the 60 days. Never getting a response and always the run around that they will "escalate" my case or a supervisor will call back within 5 business. The company conveniently transferred my mortgage loan to another company 3 months after the application and now I have to start from scratch. And still no answer from anyone at Ditech.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Stalled on getting flood insurance claim check. My home flooded June 3. It's Oct 15. Sent proof of loss, a letter explaining situation & contractor bids to Ditech Ins Claims office in Tempe. Customer service rep waited ten days to call me & tell me they wanted copies of contractor's licenses. She could have just called the contractors & had them emailed direct to her. She offered no explanation other than, “that's not the way we do it here”. Lady has the customer service skills of a bent ** can. It's my fervent hope that her house floods or burns and she gets a customer service rep just like her. Fema- no help. Fannie Mae- no help. Consumer Protection- no help. Apparently a mortgage company can make you jump thru any hoops they like, as long as they like, to get your money. No regs on this matter.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Currently have a mortgage with Ditech after our mortgage was sold to them. Decided (foolishly in hindsight) to try and refinance with them to go conventional from an FHA. This has been a 2 month process! I was handed over to 3 different loan officers who never answered calls or returned calls. The process was so strung out. Endless requests for documents and letters of explanation for underwriting for a simple refinance with the Mortgage company we already had an account with! The appraisal company was terrible. No communication. Ditech sent them my employer's phone number instead of mine. I was given every impression that we were almost ready to close and that everything was good and then communication stopped for several days. Then I receive a notice in email that the loan application was terminated and denied. I then find out that during all this time, they’re being sold to a new company?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

My Mortgage was transfer to this company some years ago and ever since then I have been treated with the utmost disrespect. These people are the worst I ever come in contact with. They do not keep their word. Their communication is a disaster. I would not advise anyone to deal with this company. They need to be shut down and never reopen. Need to be under new management people with experience because the people there now don't have a clue what they are doing. I never in my life been so stressed out in my life until this company came into my life.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I called on October 9, 2019. I finally spoke to someone that actually spoke English and I could understand. I asked the maturity date. Was to verify that I had the correct one; it's March 1, 2021. I then asked what the payoff was and she said I'd have to request it, so I did. I just received it via email, its October 11, 2019. I don't agree with it. My payments are $438.62 monthly, I pay property tax and insurance separately, by my simple calculations it comes to $7456.54; Ditech is showing over $20000. My question is HOW?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I have been with Ditech for several years, not by choice, but by loan transfers. They have consistently given me inaccurate and misleading information regarding my account. They speak before they review your account. I have had to make multiple calls to get payments, actually made on time, posted to my account. I have recently sent in payments to pay off my loan and for some reason they have yet to pay it off and now I'm getting calls asking when I'm going to make a payment.

At first, I was informed if I sent in the payments that they would submit them and within 24 hours they could email me a paid in full letter. Wrong... now it's 5-7 days. 7th business day, still same deal, but now it will be at least 4 weeks to process a payoff. I have details of every call and every name I've spoken to. This place is a joke and it's frightening that you entrust your mortgage with such incompetent people. No wonder they filed for bankruptcy, if the same kind of folks are running the business that are answering the phones. To boot, you cannot speak with anyone of management. They flat will not speak with you. They say they will call you back, but never do.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I called Ditech to find out when my final payment will be due based on the current balance and automatic payments that are being made. All the customer service representative could tell me was based on the contract I signed the last payment will be approximately October 2023. This did not come close to what my records were showing. Mind you, I make this call every 2 years. My records indicate 30.3 more monthly payments which equates to 2.5 years (March 2022). He was like a robot. He kept telling my October 2023. I will definitely complete a BBB complaint and spread the word that is you are going to deal with Ditech (and any other loan company)....keep good records and monitor your accounts.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

They are ruining my wife's credit! They are reporting late payments on a mortgage she doesn't even have with them!! Then I call them and they agree she has no mortgage with them but will do nothing about it! Can't believe they're in business. Jack ** Columbus, Ohio

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Multiple times now, my payments, made via auto-pay, did not credit my Ditech account due to processing errors on their end. It's as if money just "disappeared" between my checking account and my mortgage account. Very difficult to get a hold of anyone able to help - even with confirmation numbers and debit-trace numbers available from the funding bank (my checking account)! This is the absolute worst mortgage servicing company I have experienced.

Ditech Financial Company Information