Find a Mortgages partner

out of business
 1.7/5 (3504 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About Ditech Financial

We are in the business of helping Americans realize the dream of home ownership. The irony is that while buying a home can be a joyful and uplifting experience, getting a mortgage can be anything but. We aim to change that.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

Ditech Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial, LLC?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Ditech Holding LLC with names used to fraud, scam others. Ditech with unclean hands rob families of thier peace, health, home, and monies. 2016 my loan was transferred to Ditech. Force of insurance every year complaint made Florida Finance Dept, mismanagement of loan, Wrong default placed on 50 states properties, one being mine. Home damaged during hurricane Irama in Fla 2017. After filing Ditech files for bankruptcy in New York. Government officials turn heads? As if the hurt caused by Ditech and others means nothing of value. Makes no sense until it hits their home and families. Its election time people look closely!.

The very people we trust to protect us. Has let us down. 800 billion dollars in question? NO. Ditech claim they never received our monies. People are losing homes without a cause at the hands of Ditech cold black hearts. Who should be held accountable for stealing, scamming, breaking legal laws. Our courts allow this. Our Government allow this. Our officials allow this. Every dirty hand will pay in full. I will fight for whats right! You owe us Ditech. You will pay. New Residental purchase Ditech Sept 15 2019. You should do the right thing! Am in legal actions for Ditech's error why? File claims before the deadline its just a joke. Where are the real legal groups? The real honable law holders? Ditech walk away untouched. Within a few days back into action doing the same thing. Because YOU WERE SOLD FOR PENNIES ON A DOLLAR AT OTHERS EXPENSE. Who can trust you? People are venting on deaf ears. The American way of today.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

This company financed work my husband and I had on our home over 20 years ago, known then as Greentree. Due to escalating health issues, we were, unfortunately, forced to file bankruptcy. After the discharge, we believed all was well. No bills from them. No lien on our home listed in the county deeds. Now, after our home burning down in March 2018, and trying to obtain financing, this Jack-Leg of a company has re-opened the closed case in an effort to steal our home! Placed TWO liens on our property. One which was completely paid. We had no mortgage and believed we were on the way to total restoration when they re-submitted a claim for the full amount of the initial loan. We have no documents to support prior payments and they, due to THEIR bankruptcy, will not answer the phones.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Our credit reports recently showed a 60 late payment to Ditech but yet no 30 day. When we called they said we had to sign up annualy for auto withdrawals-really? Who ever heard of such a thing? On Dec.15th our credit reports show balance paid as agreed but today on Jan, 2nd 2020 they show we are behind two payments. Up to this point things had gone smoothly but I will be looking for another mortgage company. These guys have all the markings of crooks!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

So my wife and I filed bankruptcy in 2018 and today 12/28/2019 we received an envelope that states that Ditech is seeking relief from bankruptcy court to foreclose on our home. We have missed 1 payment since the bankruptcy and even made December's payment which shows in our banking statements yet the packet shows we have not made a payment since July 2019. We pulled our most recent statements from ditech and it shows we made the payment in the beginning of December and our next payment is due the beginning of January.

Upon further research there is an article in the Wall Street Journal that there is major issues with Ditech reporting payments where people are suing them but a new law protects ditech from judgements under chapter 11 bankruptcy which means we may lose our home because Ditech is a criminal company ripping off their customers and the customers are the ones that will suffer the losses... we never asked for our account to be transferred to Ditech and now we are soon to be homeless if the bankruptcy courts agree to give Ditech relief to foreclose...

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

We are only with this sorry excuse of a company because our mortgage was sold to them! I make bi-weekly payments to them, always before the late date, however, they will not apply the payment until it is there in full, giving them the opportunity to charge you more interest, AND if there is money for the next month they won’t apply it to the next month! Then they try to charge late fees! I finally got tired of having to call almost every month to tell them to apply my payment correctly! I have called and asked to speak to a supervisor several times & guess what? They aren’t available! & I’m not going to explain all of this to someone who doesn’t speak or understand clear English, just give me a supervisor to talk to and explain the problem to them once!

So, now, I get put on eternal hold or disconnect, don’t send an email complaint, you’ll only get an error message when you hit send! After sitting on hold for over 33 minutes I was asked if I wanted to have a supervisor call me back! Really? After 33 minutes you're gonna finally offer me that option? When I said yes, I would like a call back by the end of business....didn’t happen! I did get a message on my phone the next day while at work, caller left no name but sounded a awful lot like the person who could find a supervisor the day before! This has been going on since May 2019. Ditech, do us a favor and sell our mortgage please! Only selected 1 star because I had to.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Ditech is the most unreasonable people I've ever dealt with their very rude. My home burnt down on May 14 2019. We're still trying to get our money so we can start over but it a fuss every time we try to talk to them. They told our insurance company that our home was vacant and had been vacant for over a year. That is not true. We live in our home until it was destroyed by fire.

A company that will lie to an insurance company will lie to anyone. Our insurance sent a check to Ditech and us on September the 13th. We are still fussing with them. Every time we call them all they tell us is that our home is going into foreclosure so I am tired of arguing with them. I'm going to get me a lawyer and get this mess settled. I would advise anyone stay away from Ditech. They are crooks and thieves. My loan was for 78.000 dollars in 2000 and was to be paid off in August of 2020. Our payment of 862.00 a month and now they're saying we owe them 130.000 thousand dollars. What a friggin joke they are.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I almost lost my home thanks to Ditech. Most humiliating experience ever. Never before have I dealt with a more unprofessional, unethical group of individuals. By decree of divorce I was court ordered to refinance my property under a time constraint to remove the ex from the mortgage. Since Ditech already held the mortgage I thought they would be more than happy to work with me. Things went smoothly at first. Within one week conditional loan approval was issued and a property appraisal ordered. This is when things went bad. The appraisal was a sham coming in $49,000 below market value. Aside from the ridiculous appraised value it was full of omissions and errors namely incorrect room count, inaccurate footprint, comparables including REO's without explanation, cost to replace quoted at 1/2 the actual replacement cost per square foot.. The list goes on and on.

When I brought these issues to the attention of Ditech, instead of investigating the obvious problems with the appraisal, underwriting placed condition upon condition on the proposed refinance based solely on the sham appraisal. I tried to satisfy the conditions at first but more was applied daily. While this was going on, the loan processor was rude and unprofessional over the phone. His e-mails were downright threatening, only serving to display his ignorance. Two months into the process they came back with a modified loan proposal requiring $30,000 up front with even more conditions. I was humiliated. That is when I told them to forget it.

Luckily I applied to a real bank to secure the refinance. We closed the mortgage one day ahead of the deadline set by the divorce court judge. Had I not applied to another lender when I did, my property would have been sold out from under me thanks to Ditech. Their now infamous ad slogan years ago was "Lost another loan to Ditech". I almost lost my home to Ditech. I have nothing good to say about the non-bank entity known as Ditech so I will say nothing more other than it's no wonder they entered chapter 11 for the second time.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Title company called & sent docs for a payoff, they had to get supervisor then they stalled some more, now they want another 7-10 days. This is horrible & the title company can't close & get people into a new home because of this. It is shameful. Di-tech this is money you don't deserve. Pay off the note.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I never asked for this two bid agency as a mortgage provider, it was forced on me by god knows how many buyouts. First thing was the lack of confidence in their service providers that know absolutely nothing, cannot seem to do or answer anything. I filled bankruptcy years ago but always paid my mortgage and they had the audacity to bring that up and tell me in not so many words I should be thankful for their service. WHAT? I paid them off, paid in FULL!!! And they are simply put, EXTREMELY RUDE, and still, I have to wait for these royal pains in the ** to send me my release and title 30 days. It's unbelievable. I hope they get their pants sued off and they are dissolved completely and the other poor mortgage holders that this evil company acquired. Get a company that plays fair and know how their company works.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

This is the most unprofessional business I've ever dealt with in my entire life. After finding out a home I had with my ex-husband was pending foreclosure and not once being notified, I contacted Ditech to see what I could do. I've had near perfect credit my entire life and this was obviously making it lousy. Again, they never called me, I had to call numerous times and every time I called they asked me the exact same questions over and over. I asked them why they don't have notes in their system because I've answered these questions a million times. They would always say "the foreclosure is set for this date" and I would tell them YES, I KNOW!

I ended up sending a check for the entire past due amount, plus lawyer fees, plus late fees, plus the next month's payment. I call them the next week and ask what the new principal balance is and the girl tells me "IT'S THE SAME AS YOU OWED BEFORE." Are you kidding me?? I just sent $11,000. I understand there are late fees and interest but that was 7 months of house payments too!! She says, "I'm sorry, you are right. Call back Friday for an updated amount." This was on a Monday. Yesterday, which was Thursday, I get a call saying the house is going into foreclosure and what are my plans??

This place is a JOKE! I had to relay to the lady that I sent the check and I was told to check back Friday. She then says "Oh, I see that it has been reinstated." Not to mention she called at 8:00 pm on a Thursday night. I understand that my ex-husband wasn't making payments. I understand they were owed money. I'm not denying that, but now that I sent the money, they still can't update their system and get their ** together. Super unprofessional! I would NOT do business with these people. Please continue to rent a home before getting a mortgage loan through this company. You might feel that renting is a waste of money but trust me, sending it to these people is a waste also because apparently they don't even credit your account when you do send the money. That is all, I hope you guys get your act together.

Ditech Financial Company Information