Ditech Financial
1.07/5
Based on 148 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a mortgage lender?

Ditech Financial

We are in the business of helping Americans realize the dream of home ownership. The irony is that while buying a home can be a joyful and uplifting experience, getting a mortgage can be anything but. We aim to change that.

Our purpose: securing the American Dream

Our approach: helpful, responsive, efficient and fair

Our values: honesty, responsibility, transparency and creativity

Our promise: to put your needs first!

Read More Read More
    Last updated: April 20, 2018

3047 Ditech Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 20, 2018

My mom had a stroke in July of 2016 which put her in a financial crisis due my sister (who lives with her and shared in the household expenses) having to quit her job to take care of her. The stroke not only affected mom's ability to care for herself but rendered her unable to manage her finances. I (her other daughter) had to take over the finances and reached out to many of her creditors, explained the situation and was able to get them to work with her to ensure she could continue to meet her financial obligations within reason considering her circumstances. We reached out to Ditech to apply for a loan modification, we encountered the worst customer service. Below is the letter we sent to Ditech explaining what happened.

"To Ditech Customer Service Department. I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with the customer service I received from Ditech. I submitted a request for a loan modification in November 2016 and as of today 9/26/2017, I have not received anything pertaining to the status of my request. I am truly disappointed and frustrated with the service (or lack thereof) I have received concerning my request. It has been almost a year since I submitted my request (a number of times). Below is a timeline that lists my attempts to get answers pertaining to my request: 11/12/16: Submitted (via fax) loan modification package with hardship letter. I suffered a stroke in July 2016 which caused some major financial set-backs including my daughter having to quit her full-time job to care for me. 11/23/16: Inquiry (through Ditech's online portal) inquiring about my request.

11/23/16: Response from Denise ** (Underwriting) that I needed to contact Servicing. 11/25/16: Contacted Ditech by phone and was instructed to resubmit my 41-page package again via email at **. 11/28/16: Submitted another ticket (through Ditech's online portal) inquiring about my request and received a confirmation of my submission. 11/28/16: Received a Sharefile notice that my case was assigned to Abby at **. 11/28/16: Contacted Abby ** and was asked to resubmit my 41-page package to herself and Shenika **. 12/2/16: Received a phone call from Mary (stationed in Jacksonville, Fl) stating that she was assigned to my case and requested additional documentation (4506-T and page 6 of my package) be submitted before my application can be reviewed.

This information was already submitted twice but I resubmitted it anyway. In addition, due to some cognitive deficits I suffered from my stroke, I asked Mary (and provided a written request) requesting that she or anyone from Ditech address future matters concerning my case with my daughter “Tracey **”. 12/7/16: I was contacted by Mary again (not Tracey) and was asked to submit additional documentation (property tax statement 2016-2017) which was already submitted by fax and email. Again, I asked her to contact my daughter Tracey ** concerning my case. 12/16/16: Another online inquiry was submitted via Ditech’s online portal again inquiring about the status of my request and I received nothing except and email confirmation of receipt… nothing else.

For the next few months up to March 2017, Mary and a few other reps have continued to contact me (instead of my daughter Tracey) on many occasions requesting additional documentation that was previously submitted a number of times. These calls were taken by my other daughter who referred them all to Tracey who continued to provide Mary and other reps with the requested information and documentation. At that time, we had no choice but to discontinue perusing answers and solicit financial assistance from family and friends in order to continue to pay my mortgage. Since March 2017, I nor my daughter has received any response pertaining to my loan application. I can’t help but to conclude that I was given the run-around the entire time in order to stall my case and avoid assisting me with my need.

I recently made another attempt to apply for refinancing so I can at least gain control of my financial situation and begin to repay those who have been helping me financially… but of course, I WAS DENIED! I am diligently seeking other financial institutions for my financial needs while continuing to warn others not to sign with Ditech." Needless to say, Ditech replied to the letter telling us that she needed to reapply all over again. At this point, we are working towards applying for refinancing with another mortgage lender.

Original review: April 18, 2018

We're currently going through a nightmare with this company. We're at the end of a 20 year mortgage, and we've had autopay from day one. For the final payment, their computer must have realized that we didn't owe the full amount, so there was no automatic debit from our bank. I waited to be contacted for the closeout paperwork, but got a late notice instead, saying we owed the regular full payment. I called three times, and each time, after explaining the issue, the call center employee said they understood and it was their error.

I finally found someone who could tell me the correct amount of the payoff and sent the check. But in the meantime, we've been getting late notices, collection phone calls, offers for financial counseling, and now I see they dinged our very good credit score. These guys are completely incompetent and the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing. I've sent them a message saying I want to talk to someone in legal. If they don't pony up, correct their mistakes, and admit their errors; we're going to be forced to sue.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2018

My husband and I were pre-approved by Ditech for a mortgage. We supplied all of the documentation they requested ASAP. They repeatedly requested more documentation from two different departments "for underwriting." We were receiving conflicting phone calls and emails from both departments: they seemed to not be communicating with each other and did not have a clue as to what documentation had been sent/received. Every time we spoke with Cindy ** or Cara ** they had conflicting stories and complete lack of answers as to why the process was taking so long and why it was so confusing. They lied to us about needing documents and about not receiving documents.

The title company sent them the property title as requested, however both departments claimed they were still waiting on it long after it was verified as sent by the title company. The realtor himself verified that it had been sent out almost two weeks after Ditech agents were still claiming they did not have it. It was a constant struggle and we were constantly lied to and talked down to in a very condescending manner by Cindy ** who had the nerve to interrupt my husband mid sentence to tell him that the real estate agent wasn't THE realtor.

Maybe she was trying to say the real estate agent wasn't THE broker, but she was obviously rude and idiotic about it. Meanwhile, she had no idea that she had several documents in her files that she claimed we didn't submit. It was a mess. It was exhausting. In the end, they did not give us the loan but we actually sighed of relief because of how poorly we had been treated. We were approved with a local lender - much happier with the treatment also.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I recently had to step in and manage my parents' finances as they're getting up in years, and my mother was diagnosed with dementia. As I am paying their bills, I noticed that Ditech has an 'amount due' in bold letters at the top of their statement-and when I called them, the automated system give me the information that my payment was due and the amount was the same as the amount in bold at the top of my statement. HOWEVER, the actual payment of principal, interest and escrow is actually $35.00 LESS than the 'payment due'.

They are actually charging $34.95 per month to my parents' account as "Optional Insurance/Other Products". Wait, What??? If it's optional, then WHY is it in the total amount due? I'm sure my parents have been paying for this for YEARS due to Ditech's tricks. I called and spoke with a customer service representative today. He was unable to explain to me what the insurance/other products consisted of. This is purely taking advantage of senior citizens and honestly makes me ill! How many other seniors are out there making their payments without knowing about this "optional" charge? Shame on you Ditech! I do plan on reporting this to the BBB, and anyone else who will listen-maybe it will make a difference in making a change.

Original review: April 13, 2018

In 2017 I requested a change to my mortgage during an unemployment period. Ditech repeatedly lost the documents I sent repeatedly, did not upload any documents timely, repeatedly sent me an incorrectly-done pdf and alleged they were not allowed to send me a correct form to fill out. In addition, this is before they hired many new employees. It was not unusual to be on hold for nearly an hour waiting for someone to answer, or to have phone calls disconnect. When asking for a supervisor, I got someone who validated all that I said, but could not receive or respond to comms. In addition, I was told “never send emails, nobody is managing them.” This company just sent a response to Oregon DOJ/me that is, essentially, a lie. I have cancer. I don’t have TIME for this bull. So I am putting in a public accounting of this subsidiary of Greenpath for all to find and see. Last resort: if a company will not deal honestly, then expose them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial, LLC?

Original review: April 11, 2018

I had been enrolled in a biweekly autopay plan with Ditech. In January, they've canceled the biweekly option (saves consumers money and not them) and with it they've also canceled my autopay. They claim they've sent out a letter to inform me, however, no such letter came. I didn't realize this until a thug called me from their collections department, sounding like a mafia operative demanding "money today". I have asked to speak with a supervisor, which was not available. Having to call back later, they informed me what happened, and assured me my credit score would not be affected. Of course I've paid the overdue amount the same day, and set up a bill payer from my bank. However, now a month later my credit score has plummeted into the red and it's due to Ditech error, not mine. Of course they refused to rectify the situation. Stay away from this useless company!

Original review: April 10, 2018

I was $50 dollar short on last 2 payments. They rolled it over to the next month & reported me to credit bureau which drop me 150 points as bad debt. I called them up and they said, "You are $100 behind." I said, "For that you put me from good to poor credit after being a good customer for the last 12 years never missing a payment." They said, "Pay the $100 dollars..." So I did & then told me, "There is nothing we can do for your credit report." I said, "You made an inquiry to Trans Union about debt and lucky split my credit went down... So make another inquiry, tell them the debt is paid. To raise credit score." "No we don't do that and that just the way it is." To me, Ditech seem like a money hungry Co. If you're looking for a mortgage Co I would pass this one by.

Original review: April 10, 2018

We recently had a house fire and are unable to live in our house. I had read where often mortgage companies will work with you and defer your mortgage payment a month or two. So my husband called them to see if we had this option. The person he spoke with flat out said no... the only reason he gave was because our loan was a Fannie Mae loan. Not sure what that has to do with it and apparently neither did the agent. So we tried to do the right thing and contact them and ask for help and they just shut us down. Thanks so much Ditech for all your help.

Original review: April 7, 2018

We have a 2nd mortgage that was originally with Greentree that was assumed by Ditech, I have been paying my normal payment plus an additional $1100-$1200 a month towards principal to get it paid off. I tried to this online but it was never applied correctly. The customer serv reps said I would need to call in to make sure it was applied correctly, well guess what - it never is. Sometimes they apply 100% of it to principal and sometimes the apply all of it to interest and sometimes it's a mix and I have no clue what is what.

They called me yesterday asking when I was going to make my March payment because I was going to be reported to the credit bureau as being late. I said - "I paid it March 23rd on time and another $1100 to principal as well." Guess what, they applied it all to principal so therefore I am late even though it's their fault AND they have my money. I have since called in 3 times and it's still not fixed but they told me today no worries, they will reverse the negative reporting on my credit report - as if I have faith in them to do that!! I am so tired of dealing with them, I don't recommend them and I will be figuring out this weekend how to roll it over into my first with my local bank or how to get it paid off now. What a joke of a company who have incompetent policies and people who can't take and apply payments correctly.

Original review: April 6, 2018

With direct money withdrawal so that my payment is never late. It came to the end of the home loan mortgage with only one more payment due and they would not take it out of my account. Instead they slammed me with a late fee and harassing mail saying they are going to foreclose, after talking with them and getting a payoff amount which has to be made with a money order or certified check. So if you use them pay off early.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I had to recently close and reopen my bank account with Wells Fargo because it had been hacked into. I had an automatic monthly payment arrangement with Ditech so I called them immediately and requested that they not use the closed account and provided my new account number for future payments. One week later when the payment was due they took two payments. My bank called them in my presence and confirmed that they had taken one payment too many. Nearly three weeks later, I am still waiting to be re-reimbursed some $1,320.

What really gets me is that I have spoken to several customer service representatives and it has become apparent that they do not care. Try to find a supervisor to speak with and they are not there. The employees at Ditech I have attempted to work with are rude, non-caring and incompetent. I will be attempting to reach out to their interim COO Jeff Baker to resolve this if he is not in hiding. He is the 5th COO in two years. No wonder. Avoid doing business with these people at all costs. I will get my money back from these **.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Ditech Financial has been servicing my home mortgage for a number of years. We have had an escrow account for these past years. This year, because we elected to prepay our property taxes, Ditech owes me over $2500 in excess escrow funds. I was notified of this excess in January of 2018, and have been trying for 3 months to get a check issued to me. I have called at least 6 times, and each time I am told that there was an error, and my paperwork needs to be resubmitted.

Meanwhile, because of this problem, I have submitted a request to close my escrow account. I am continuing to pay the full mortgage, while Ditech evaluates my request, which I am told can take 1.5 months!!! Meanwhile, I continue to give Ditech the full payment, including the escrow amount. It does not make sense that I have to give Ditech funds, that they can hold, probably earn interest on, while I wait and wait and wait for the funds they owe me. I do not know if there is anything you can do to help me.

Original review: March 29, 2018

My area was impacted by Hurricane Irma back in September. My mortgage company Ditech offered me a forbearance plan for 6 months, I appreciated the gesture because that would give me a little room to work on my home repairs. After 3 months I started making partial payment to cover interest and escrows, the process was not easy because their system doesn't update the information so I had to call everything but that was ok, I wanted to catch up, then I noticed that my credit report took a 70 point free fall, Ditech reported me as late for 90 days. I opened disputes with the 3 credit bureau, called several times and their CSR are so rude and short that I couldn't believe it. I still waiting for a response. Does anyone had experience something like this, what should I do best.

Original review: March 18, 2018

A few months ago, they sent a letter out to all of us stating they "mistakenly" took out an additional payment for the month of January! I tried to log on to the website today and it lets me log in, but then says "error, try again later", so I cannot see the status of my payments! The times I have written to them, they just sent regular letters stating they "have received my message and will get back to me" - has been going on for years. So, recently I called them as well to inquire about PMI removal. The guy was extremely rude and kept putting me on hold. Told me to fax them (he couldn't give me the answer so that was the only answer he could come up with). I sent a snail mail letter to request the information a few weeks ago. I've never missed a payment in 10 years and 5 months. Frustrating.

Updated on 03/22/2018: I am trying to follow up on my snail mail via their messaging system which is no use anyway, but there is an "ERROR" message, so it doesn't allow me to send a message this way. Previously when I've sent a message, I just receive repeated letters in the mail from them stating "they've received my message and are working on a resolution" - for about 2 years, a letter every month. Laughable!

Original review: March 16, 2018

My mortgage was sold to Ditech about 6 years ago. Since then, my escrow account has been short of $400 give or take each year and they do a Wall Street estimate of your taxes which constitutes according to them, why your escrow account is short, in conjunction with my mortgage payments escalating every year even when I made extra payments towards my mortgage each month. Also, they have misallocated money that was specifically designated for extra mortgage payments and they would put it into an escrow account that I did not authorize and when you called to get the money put back in the mortgage principal, they said it would take 5 days for it to get put into the appropriate account which it shouldn't because it's all computerized and all they have to do is move funds from one account to another and it should not take 5 days to do that. Some of the customer service representatives are extremely rude!

I can't wait to get my home paid off so I can get away from them as far as I can get. There is no reason for my mortgage payment each month to go up every year and when I was with my last mortgage company my payments were a lot less and I always would have a little something coming back out of my escrow account at the end of the year but not with Ditech.

Very rarely have ever seen anything come out of it. I think maybe just once and it was 30 bucks and that was it and that only happened once so the money is going somewhere but where I don't know and when I told him I would file a formal complaint against them for misallocating and misappropriating funds they got a little nervous and they hurried up and got another supervisor on the line name Geneva just sit there and throw the BS at me and tell me that it was okay that the funds that they were not clear about where they should go and I said somebody should have called me and I would have clarified where they could have gone and of course they had an excuse for that like they do for everything else. Stay away from this company as far as you can get!

Original review: March 14, 2018

This company sucks. Our home loan was sold to them a couple of years ago and they have increased my payment at least 5 times since we had them. They always have an excuse. When we had our old finance company we had 3 different insurances on the house plus the taxes and every year we had a surplus of money in our escrow. But since this company has taken over they dropped one of our insurances said we didn't need it and every year they say our escrow is short at least $300.00 so they need to increase our payment at least twice. Then one year your interest is going up 1% too. They are a nasty, nasty company.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I am a realtor with 27 years of experience in short sales. I've never run into such a bogged down system. After 1 year of fighting with litigators I'm giving up. By the way, realtors, if you submit a complete package and it takes 2 months of processing, that's considered a dead file. And you have to start all over. Over and over, thousands of papers to get nowhere. Run. They are not user friendly. No one cares. The company will have lost of 50K during this 1 year process and still they don't work with realtors. Terrible. I've learned my lesson. I will make sure I'm heard because I'm mad.

Original review: March 14, 2018

The staff is unhappy and very rude. I guess they don't close many loans. Closing costs? YES! Hidden fees? Yes! Check your fee schedule cause there are plenty of bs fees they will charge you. I would only recommend this company to my enemy.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Can't seem to have insurance claim money released. Ditech continues to request information which is provided. Each week I am receiving mail from Ditech requesting information. I have had to use my funds to make the necessary repairs and have tried for months to have Ditech release funds held in escrow.

Original review: March 7, 2018

My loan was a predatory loan. Didn't know what it was called until years later. The serial number on my contract with GT did not match the home I had. I was delivered the wrong home and nobody tried to make it right. When I got behind on the home and asked for a loan modification... I was told they no longer offer those and Alicia was very nasty with me. I no longer have the home bc of repossession but I know for a fact my dealings with them and Piedmont Housing/ Fleetwood center was fraudulent and predatory. I was lured to their location by a salesman who showed me and sold me one mobile home but delivered another and tried to make me look like I was the crazy one.

Original review: March 1, 2018

My father in law bought this mobile home in 1999. He died 7 years ago but I have been paying on this home for 17 years. I was sold to Ditech. I did not pick them. After 17 years of payments they refuse to take my payment "because we don't have to take it". I was not in default. I was paying every month. I bought my mobile home for 66,000 and 17 years later I still owe 54,111. How? Now they don't have to talk to me. Well I have a surprise for them. I own the land the mobile is on not my father in law. So take me to court to get your trailer because that is the only way it is coming off my property. No trespassing signs and a shotgun waiting on the other side!!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

When I first purchased my home with my ex-husband it was with a different company, later we both decided to do a debt consolidation and we reached out to Greentree (big mistake). After going through a divorce in 2003, and me having to file bankruptcy, Greentree offered me the option to sign a reaffirmation to keep my home, which I did, they then offered me a rate modification, which lowered my interest rate and monthly payment from $800.00 something to $569.25. I was the only one who did the rate modification and the reaffirmation. My ex-husband never signed anything. I have tried for years to get Greentree and Ditech to take my husband off of the loan.

I have sent them the bankruptcy paperwork showing them I filed a chapter 7 in 2003, and the rate modification paperwork and the reaffirmation agreements, as well as the quitclaim deed and the divorce papers, showing that he gave up all interest in the home and deed it all over to me in the divorce. Yet 15 years later they still refuse to take his name off. I still receive monthly statements with my name and his name as well as the 1098 yearly with both our names on it. The property taxes and everything at the courthouse all shows me solely as the only owner of this property and the bank account where the payments come from monthly is solely only in my name. My ex-husband remarried also in 2003 he and his wife now of 15 years purchased their own home several years later after. My ex-husband also informed me that he too also filed a chapter 7 to get all of the things we had together in both our names off of him.

I have given all of this information to Greentree and Ditech who bought Greentree out and still they say they cannot take his name off the loan, etc. I have recently learned that all these years since I have been solely the only one making all of the payments and for over the past 5 years no missed or late payments, but nothing as far as my good payment history or even the fact that I have a mortgage has ever been reported. All of the payments being sent to them always goes directly to interest and hardly anything ever toward principle. I feel as if I will never pay this off and that the only way it would ever be paid off is if I die and my life insurance pays it off. Then what will my boys go through to get the deed to the home. The land to the best of my knowledge would not be a problem I have the property deed to that. which is about 13 and 1/2 acres, but the home what will they go through to get the deed to the home after my death.

Greentree and Ditech both are the two most worst mortgage loan companies to ever get involved with. I cannot stress it enough to anyone who ever thinks of going with this company what a BIG MISTAKE it would be. So please everyone stay away from this company. I am in the process of speaking with a loan company that might be able to help me get out from under them and get away from Ditech and possibly even be able to pay my mortgage off sooner for less. I pray to be able to accomplish this and get away from them for good. My stress and financial burden would be off me and I would be able to give more concern toward my health to better my health for the future to be able to live a stress free life and enjoy the years to come with my soon to be 14 year old son and my new and first grandbaby due Sept 15, 2018. Please take this serious and do not ever get involved with these company.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Ditech did an escrow review and upped the payment 200 bucks. NO PROBLEM. Then, sent a letter which was returned to them, and they did not reach us by phone or email to tell us our payment had gone up. They called on Feb. 1, 2018 to say we were 31 days past due on the 200 dollar discrepancy. I paid it quickly and they stated they knew we didn't know, and that it hadn't been reported. After all, we did pay it. Now, we are getting a loan and find out our credit scores have plummeted 75 points because of this. I have talked to Ditech and they are not authorized to fix it. I talked to a supervisor who said... "Well, it WAS late." REALLY??? I may have asked her, where she lost her soul.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Called to find out what pay off was on my loan and what the procedures were for obtaining my Deed. Followed the instructions by Customer Service Agent; paid the amount via BPAY using my bank and then I learn the pay off changed. I was told it was good for ten days and they received pay off amount within three days of my call. I had ten business days to make the pay off payment. It posted that same third day but the amount was placed/posted as Unapplied Payment Amount; not against my balance. I downloaded a pay off quote and now I owe $.86 cents more than what I was quoted three days before. I sent in an additional $20 in case they pull the same deceptive trick and add another few cents to my account to keep me from paying it off. I also came from Green Tree Financing and my mortgage was bought by Ditech. I investigated them and knew as soon as they took over my account I was in trouble.

I learned never to be late on a payment and make sure I paid my monthly payment during the window they allow (from the 17th of the month to the end of the month). Before the 17th, the payment is applied as an extra principal payment and your monthly payment is still due as scheduled. There is a fifteen day grace period before they can apply late payment fees. Ditech doesn't acknowledge your right to those fifteen days. I never let my payments fall into that grey area. I am sweating bullets here and praying every day that I wash my hands off them without further problems. If you knowingly deal with them, you are a FOOL! I originally had a GMAC loan. Green Tree bought it and then Ditech bought it. That's what these lenders do so they can steal money from you in every way they can.

They are never lenders of first choice. It ought to be illegal for companies to sell mortgage loans to substandard financing companies. I know you might be desperate to obtain a loan to buy your house but PLEASE, don't fall into this trap. IT JUST AIN'T WORTH THE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS AND THE FIGHT. You may think you have rights but "rights" cost money. You pay for those rights and when you fight a company like this, you don't have enough money to win. Here I sit not knowing if I will become one of those here who have been wronged by Ditech. If you have a loan with them, get it refinanced with somebody else. I tried but I couldn't get it done; not at my current interest rate.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

My husband passed away in 2009, the home was in his name only. He had quit deeded the home and property to me prior to his death. I was awarded the home and property in Probate Court when his will was probated. Everyone already knows it's still GreenTree. They changed Company name to Ditech because GreenTree had really got a really bad name. It has been 9 long years of me fighting this issue, I have even tried to get a modification in order to get the change done but to no avail. I was told it would take 30 days to get that completed. That's a joke. It took Ditech 10 months to send a denial letter that was dated on Dec.06, have been called a hoarder, and was told by a Mrs. ** that she was going to set my butt out in the Streets. I have been in my home since 1998, and still here too.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

My ex-husband and I bought a house together many years ago, and we were both on the mortgage from day one. In late 2016 he became terminally ill. The loan on the house was about to adjust to over $6000 a month. He was totally disabled and couldn't work at all, and I would not be able to cover it for long. I immediately jumped in and paid off $1000 in late fees, and tried for EIGHT MONTHS to get a loan modification so he could stay in his home until he died. Ditech treated me like garbage, reducing me to tears in every phone call. They denied me the first time by claiming that I wasn't experiencing a hardship, because "If he's dying he's not working so your income hasn't changed." This began an endless round of appeals, each necessitating that I send in THE SAME DOCUMENTS because the old ones "had expired." These documents always seemed to mysteriously go missing, meaning I had to send them again, 85 pages, sent at least 8 times.

They gave me the wrong fax number, they illegally changed my account rep over and over again, and invented new ridiculous hoops to jump through (they wanted letters from every single person who donated to his GoFundMe account). I finally sent documents with a signature required so they couldn't claim they hadn't received them, and they still told me they never arrived. When I told them I had the name of the person at Ditech who signed for them, they said "They aren't in the system so you have to send them again." They called me in the hospital when he was dying, telling me I should give them the deed to the house if I couldn't afford it. They finally agreed to let me make partial payments on the second loan for three months, which was of no help, as it was only a few hundred dollars.

I didn't accept and paid the full amount, but they still reported that I only made partial payment to the credit bureaus, which was totally false, and it took months to get it off my credit. One bureau is still reporting it, and I've had to get a lawyer. And the whole time I'm dealing with this, I'm sleeping in a chair in the hospital, watching my best friend of 30 years die a horrible death. Ditech is a ruthless, horrible, abusive company. The only happy thing to come of this tragic loss is that I was able to sell the house after he died and got away from Ditech forever.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Had to surrender my home to DITECH due to change of income and status, knowing I was not going to be able to sustain my payment. I wanted to surrender before missing my first payment since 2006. What a nightmare. The right had no idea what the left hand does, lots of employees who have no idea what the hell they are doing. Had to make several calls and each time no one really knew what to do, one CS stated she would send kit to surrender. Over a week later called again to state I had not received kit, new CS stated all I needed to do was fax letter to surrender. Did that, got call from collector stating they had not received payment. The whole idea was to eliminate these collection calls. They didn't stop! Well 6 months later I receive Property Tax. This company did not report the sell of the property, called CS arrogant person online told me I had to take this matter up with the IRS. Talk about stupid CS. Never do business with this company!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

You can never get ahold of anyone. They will NEVER call you back, they never answer an email. Nothing... I am very behind on my mortgage and they refuse to work with me. I even had one tech laugh at me on the phone!!! They are the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with in my 46 years.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Our home was foreclosed in 2013. We owed $69,606.98 at the time. The house sold for $140,000. We just received a 1099-C showing $101,635.24 in debt was discharged. We have to claim this amount as income on our 2017 taxes. I have contacted Ditech but they will not show me how they came up with this amount of debt. By my calculations, we lost $70,000.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

They are a nightmare to work with. It's incredibly hard to get a response in a timely fashion. Whenever I call in, they take a message and someone will get back to me within a month... A MONTH?! I've only had Ditech for 1 year (not my choice, my old mortgage company sold our mortgage to them). They paid our school taxes and our local taxes late resulting in over $600 in late fees. When I asked them to reimburse me for their tardiness in paying my taxes, they said I would have to take it up with the township. Their lack of caring and customer service is disgusting.

Ditech Financial Company Information