Ditech Financial
1.12/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Ditech Financial

We are in the business of helping Americans realize the dream of home ownership. The irony is that while buying a home can be a joyful and uplifting experience, getting a mortgage can be anything but. We aim to change that.

Our purpose: securing the American Dream

Our approach: helpful, responsive, efficient and fair

Our values: honesty, responsibility, transparency and creativity

Our promise: to put your needs first!

View More View More

3096 Ditech Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Their customer service is the worst I have ever seen. I have been on hold from up to an hour in some cases. I asked for a simple 10 day letter and it has taken almost a month with countless mess up over and over. This company does not know what it is doing nor will give you a correct answer. I must have spoke to 10 different customer service people and they gave me 10 different answers.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

My mortgage was sold to Ditech, and from the start has been nothing but hassles, and has turned one simple request that I am entitled to as a customer, into an 8 month saga that has turned me sour and wasted countless hours of mine on hold waiting to clear up the confusion. -They allow one missed payment (if by a day or a month) per 12 month period. Despite solid years of consistent, on time payment history, there is no wiggle room if you miss another by a day. -All communication is through written letters and fax...might as well be using chisels and stone tablets sent by homing pigeon. This is the 21st century for crying out loud, use email and digital media and save some trees. This causes all kinds of delays in communication and expediency for dealing with issues.

-Trying to remove PMI and Escrow. I have been working every day since March 6, 2018 to take the proper steps to remove PMI and Escrow from my account, because I believed I was under the stated 80% LTV limit for removal. Ditech did not see that as the case, so I opted to have the property reappraised at my expense.

After three requests with "incorrect verbiage," August 13 received example of "correct document with the correct verbiage" in order to actually schedule an appraisal. August 28 submitted the correct paperwork, and then the first appraisal was cancelled for no reason and without communication with me, and I was forced to resubmit the paperwork on September 13th in order to schedule another one.

For the second appraisal, turns out the appraiser was told the incorrect address, and I had to intervene to correct the address, despite the address being clear on the request for appraisal. The appraisal was finally performed on September 27, and submitted on the 28th by the appraiser. Finally processed by Ditech PMI Dept on October 5, and PMI was removed because my LTV was under 80%.

Under the advisement of customer service, I waited to request Escrow be removed after receiving confirmation of PMI removal. I submitted request for Escrow removal on October 8, and my request to remove Escrow was denied on October 9, reason cited because my LTV is greater than 80%. But wait...they cancelled my PMI the week prior because my LTV was less than the required 80%. How could this be? Communication is horrible, I can't understand how a company like this could exist in these times. I will be moving my money away from them as soon as possible.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I've been dealing with this company. 2nd time this has happened. Ditech saying I'm late on a payment. I write them and called. Still my account is saying past due. Fix my account immediately. I owe no late payment. Fix my account today. I'm sick of you guys already. I have called 4 times, faxed paperwork and you have a confirmation number showing $753.20 was paid on the 5th of September. Y'all are affecting my credit. Fix today.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

My mortgage was sold to Ditech years ago. I am at the point where I am trying to pay the loan down especially since it is under $100K and the 6.25% is not worth refinancing. So I have been making $750 extra payment each month, which goes automatically against principal (there is no way when I pay online to designate where to apply the payment) all fine and dandy. Last month I paid an additional 4K and they applied to the next two months payments; when I called and asked what exactly happened I was told when they get a big payment they apply the money to the upcoming payments, and put the remainder in, and I quote, "unapplied funds".

I asked what dollar amount qualifies for this unusual policy, and the service person said she did not know, I could call them and pay $19 service fee to be sure payment is applied to principal, but for now she would re-assign my payment of $4K. The reassignment looked simply crazy online, so I called again and got yet more runaround. Horrible, unethical company, I am now looking into the legalities of this behavior.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

This last year 2017 was not that great. My wife got sick, and had to spend an extended 3 month stay in the hospital to get better. Well you can imagine the cost and headaches and worries associated with a spouses, such long sickness and hospital stay. I did get behind on 2 payments. But by October of 2017, made a lump payment sum to get the account up to date. As money was short and most of my saved escrow, since I do not have an escrow account through Ditech was used up during the illness of my wife and the expenses associated with her illness, I had to wait until my tax return came back to be able to pay my taxes. Well due to the new tax cuts from Trump the IRS was about 3 months late getting my tax return back, so instead of being able to pay my taxes by mid February like expected, it was actually the first of June before I was able to pay. Which I did, with all late fees and fines included.

A few days later June 4th I call my insurance company up to make a full payment with them for my insurance that was coming due, June 10th. Only to find out that Ditech had already paid my insurance. I called Ditech up and asked why they paid my insurance that I did not have an escrow plan with them? Well after hrs on the phone I learned that not only had they paid my insurance that they had also paid my taxes. I informed them that I had not asked for any of this, and that my tax statements still had another 2 or 3 months worth of late payment amounts on them for when I did make the payments. At this time I was informed of my escrow account and the amount my mortgage would be increasing. My $850 a month normal payment would now be $1353 a month, since it is already June now and my account is delinquent $9000, that I would need to pay the delinquency of $9000 before the 1353 would be in effect.

And if not I could option to pay I think it was $2100 a month now. ALL FOR MY ORIGINAL $850 a month payment. I told them well neither of those are an option. As my taxes have been paid and as of this call today, I am paying you for the unsolicited payment of my insurance premium 6 days early, and making sure that all of my late charges and normal payments, for my mortgage are up to date, I even made sure that they had been reimbursed for the taxes they had paid, which they said they had. So at the end of the conversation of over 3 hrs plus with them that day, I had one agent tell me that everything should be in order that I was caught up on everything and that my payments would resume as my normal 850 a month with no escrow. Well that didn't happen. The very next bill statement was for over $4000.

Called them again this time spending 2 hours on the phone with them being bounced around, before a rude guy came on and said, "Well that is what your new payment is and you have to pay it." Which I got irate at this time and basically told him I would not and would only be paying the original amount. Well here we are 3 months later and they are sending letters threatening foreclosure. I am at my wits' ends, just reading some of the escrow they are holding back for, they are charging for flood insurance, I don't require flood insurance, and in fact after paying for it for the first 2 years of my loan, due to unamended FEMA flood map zoning issue, and after having to pay over $800 for an elevation survey to prove I didn't require flood insurance. They should or you would think know this!!! Terrible company stay away!!! I am all in on any class action!!! May even start one myself. Tired of being pushed around!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial, LLC?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I will have to email the Federal Reserve tomorrow to have them explain to DiTech the proper way to apply my extra payments. I paid my Oct 1st bill earlier in September. Soon after that, and in September also, I sent two more large checks to DiTech. "Apply to principal" was in the memo. They are ignoring my emails and keep applying money to Interest. Mistakes are accepted. Ignoring emails when it comes to my money while trying to pay off a house is not acceptable.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

NEVER USE DITECH. Just so my situation is clear while reading through this review: My father passed away recently. His condo is in the Trust's name, not his. This means that the Trust is their borrow, not my father. I am the trustee and beneficiary, being an only child. Successor Trustee is immediate and probate is not needed to name an executor. This makes me Ditech's legal borrower.

The condo was in the middle of a sale when my father passed away. We sent the initial payoff request to Ditech September 6th so we could finish the sale, and didn't receive a rejection until September 17th without any specification as to why. The escrow officer informed me of this, so I called Ditech to see what they needed. After a nice long hold, I was connected to a VERY RUDE and defensive man. He told me that they couldn't speak to me because I wasn't my father, so I tried to explain that I was the trustee, so they could speak to me. He ended up yelling at me that I needed an "Executor of Estate" form. While trying to explain that the property was not in probate and an EOE document doesn't exist, but that the condo is in a Trust, he began interrupting me stating that he "was not doing anything to me." ??? The call went nowhere, but he gave me customer.service@ditech.com as an address to send documents.

I emailed the real estate escrow officers to let them know how my conversation went. The escrow officer emailed a new payoff request and all of the trust documents, including a death certificate to that email. This second request was sent September 17th, 2018. The escrow officer emailed me on the 19th asking me to call again, as they had not received any response from our second effort. I called again and has the same type of conversation as I did on the 17th, emailed everyone back that it was the same story and that Ditech would not listen. The sale was supposed to close on the 20th, so my real estate agent sent documents for an extension. The escrow officer sent another payoff request, including an explanation of all you have read thus far, and all the documents to support it. At this time, there have been 4 attempts made to pay off Ditech.

I called again on the 20th, was on hold for 20 minutes, and when the customer service rep got my information, she hung up on me. I called again on the 21st, was on hold for 15 minutes, and got through to a rep who was obviously new or untrained. I explained my situation again. "So... you want a payoff?" he asked. I said yes. He put me on hold for another 5 minutes or so. He came back with a canned response likened to- "I am sorry to inform you that we cannot provide you with a payoff until we get an EOE." I explained to the same individual AGAIN that an EOE doesn't exist and we have sent the proper documents four times already. He put me on hold again, and returned with the same canned response. I started to get mad. He said that "He understands..." and I cut him off and said, "I don't think you DO understand. I would like to speak to your manager." I was on hold for about 10 minutes.

A female supervisor answered, and I explained, in detail, the situation. I included that we have sent the documents they needed 4 times, I have called multiple times, and been hung up on, and that they were holding up the sale of my condo. She apologized and said that they didn't receive any trust documents, but that they had a death certificate. I WAS FLOORED.

I told her that I knew the escrow officer sent them all in the same emails because I was CC'ed in those emails to Ditech. She said she couldn't help us, but that we could fax the documents to 866-870-9919 and that it would take up to 48 hours for their system to update. I asked where all the sensitive documents we sent were, and where their professionalism and responsibility was. She came back with, "Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do. I already gave you the fax number." I told her I was getting an attorney involved and she said "good." WOW. I emailed our escrow and estate officer this information and the escrow officer sent the documents through the fax number given... only that number didn't work.

On the 24th, we received a fax from Ditech. It was the same canned rejection we received the first time. The escrow officer sent another request on the 25th, "This is our 7th+ attempt to order the payoff statement needed... Attached please find: 1. The fax from Ditech wanting all documents faxed again. 2. Your recorded Deed of Trust showing that your loan is to the TRUST. 3. The payoff request faxed again today with all that is required to obtain the payoff including the Death Certificate and the pages of the trust naming the successor trustee who is the only one that can sign the payoff request. Please tell us exactly what you are missing for us to obtain this payoff statement." On the 26th, we received the same canned rejection response from Ditech. I have now reached out to an attorney who specializes in real estate. Ditech will likely cost me the sale. Run.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Called Ditech after getting a letter stating my new mortgage was just sold to them & my escrow acct. is short & my payments will go up $35/mo. Woman transferred me to a VERY RUDE man. He was angry she transferred the call & then couldn't answer my question about why the acct. is short, he kept saying my broker was wrong & then after much back & forth, he said if I would just be quiet he would explain.

He said my insurance went up! I told him I was calling my lawyer since I just closed less than a month ago & everyone verified the $$. He yelled at me & said, "Well you still have to pay it." I wrote a negative, honest review & yesterday got a call from "manager". She said my mortgage is correct, there is not a shortage however, she said my taxes went up & next July I will have to come up to $400-500. I verified my taxes with the city & Ditech is again wrong & trying to get extra $$ from me! How is this legal?? I'm getting all of my documentation together & filing a complaint with BBB & Atty. General in CT. They need to be investigated. Sorry my new mortgage was sold to them. How many elderly people fall into this trap & pay for stuff they don't need to and never get the $$ back! Totally immoral & illegal!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

When I took out my mortgage it was with GREENTREE, now DITECH. I had a job when I took it out and now I collect social security. Requested paperwork to get mortgage adjusted. They never sent anything so I called a second time and was told No. They are horrible. Money Hungry. I am going to try to report them to Attorney General for refusing to send paperwork for Mortgage adjustment. I'm sure they would deny the adjustment anyway.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I am currently in the middle of attempting to get a short sale approved. They continue to give me wrong info, lose my paperwork, and delay the process. It's now going on 2 months with no approval. I can't even speak to the department half the time I call in and the people I do speak with have no idea what is going on. I and my realtor have sent them paperwork 3 times via their instructions and they cannot find it. The paperwork had SSN, address, and bank info on it so I am extremely upset. This company does not care about their customers at all and seem to not want to work with you to try rectify situations.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Rude, unprofessional people. Hire people who do not speak English, call you up and scream at you, when your payment was on time, and already cleared the bank. I hate these people. Had to contact the BBB for help. Hire American!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

They make you work for the commitment, lots of record producing etc. But once you get it it becomes easy. They are decent people and will not leave you hanging. Friendly and professional.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I’ve had Ditech for years and they are the worse company ever. In Feb 2015 my ex and I filed for divorce/bankruptcy. Ditech reversed a payment and I was never notified. Today I received a letter saying I missed a payment from Feb 2015 and they’ve been reporting late payments to the credit bureau for 42 months. I talked to a Daniel ** who talked down to me and said if I managed my financial situation I wouldn’t be in this mess. I was told I could make payments but would still be reported as late for 6 more months.

I was told that I needed to pay in full plus late fees to stop late reporting. Coming out of a bankruptcy I don’t have a lot of money laying around. So my options were lose the house and eat or keep the house and go hungry. Guess I can eat noodles and PB/J until payday. They didn’t give a ** about me just wanted money. I wouldn’t recommend this sorry company to my enemy. Avoid them at all cost. I’m in the market for a new mortgage company.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I have a HAMP loan through Ditech. I am suppose to get a $5000.00 principal payment for paying on time always for the past 5 years. Now all of a sudden my payments have 'accidentally' been applied to principal instead of as a regular monthly payment. I called to straighten it out. After 20 calls with wait times of up to 30 minutes I have gotten a variety of answers and no one to put the money where it should be. Now my account is considered past due which would mean no 5000.00 principal payment.

Also to get that money I have to fill out a Dodd Frank form. First time I mailed it they said they "lost" it. Second time they said wrong form even though this is the form they sent me. Third time I got the same form so I filled it out, downloaded the Dodd Frank document I found online (not from Ditech) and mailed it certified mail. I called twice. One rep said they don't have it even though sent certified so a second rep said I sent the wrong form. No one there will help me which will now cost me in legal fees. Can't believe this is the way they do business.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

My mortgage had been with Bank of America, but it was sold off and I ended up with Ditech. Not a great company for service. They even charge me $10 to make an automated payment by phone. Otherwise no major problems.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Got charged a fee of $30.00 and cannot reach a customer service rep to discuss. Their voicemail says to "call back during normal business hours between 7 AM and 7 PM. Well guess what? It's 8:30 AM and the message continues! Not to mention the hold time and lack of intelligence when you do reach someone. How does Bank of America send my loan to these idiots! I will never use Bank of America again! I feel Bank of America is just as responsible for this mess! Stay away from both!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have had my mortgage with Ditech for some time now and my experience has been awful. I have been having some financial issues which caused my mortgage to be behind. Reps have constantly put me on payment arrangements having me think that after all payments were paid I would be current. Well that was a lie, also I just found out through my attorney that Ditech should have offered me to Refinance or Modify my loan through them. If they would have offered to put my past due payments in the back of my loan I would have been fine by now. Well I talked to a Rep named Leon (which was very nice) and he informed me that I did have an option to Modify my loan and he will send out all the forms. He also told me that after 120 days Ditech will start foreclosure on my house, which no one ever told me this.

I will be so glad to get away from this company. No one knows what they are doing and they act like you are bothering them when you call. Not very nice people. A rep recently put me on a payment plan which she told me that she can only do an arrangement for 3 months and when I talked to Leon he told me that the arrangement was for 6 months. Why not inform me of what is going on with my acct. I am trying to save my house not let it go. I have been in my house for 20 years and it would be stupid of me to just let it go and start renting from someone else. They are not there to help you in your time of need.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

This company is a complete unethical. My girlfriend died and sadly, they won't even recognize her State issued Death Certificate. They keep adding unauthorized interest to my account. I walked away and they repossessed my house & real estate. Guess who they were formerly associated with? Green Tree, another crooked convicted agency! White collar crime at it's worst. Buyer Beware! Ditech Financial, LLC, legal authorities are investigating you Big Time! No threat intended, Just know your day will be coming in court!

Original review: July 27, 2018

I have moved from CT to OH and trying to register my RV. The State of Ohio requires the lien holder information as well as an original title to move forward with the process. Ditech refuses to send it so I am now making payments on an RV that can't be used because it is not legal on the state of OH. I have filed complaints with Attorney General, and CFPB hopefully we will get somewhere. NEVER do business with this company!

Original review: July 24, 2018

I give no stars for this disgusting company. It may be Ditech Financial but they just changed the name from Green Tree Servicing. I went from Countrywide Bank, to Bank of America, to Green Tree Servicing and now Ditech Financial. Green Tree Servicing ran me and my kids out of my home with harassing phone calls. I was so disgusted with them I decided to lose my home. It wasn't worth the stress. I would send in a payment and then they would bill me twice saying my payment was past due. When I got the loan from Countrywide Bank I received no paperwork whatsoever. In 2/2008 they called themselves loan servicers but the owner was CW Bank (HFS) which means Held for Sale. Green Tree/Ditech said they sent me letters in 2012 after making a complaint to the CFPB in 2017. Ditech was reporting me in repossession as of April 2012 through April 2013 which was untrue.

This is Ditech which changed my credit bureau reports in 2016. Why? I don't know. Once your house is foreclosed on through non-judicial foreclosure you're no longer responsible. What Ditech did was change my credit reports incorrectly and reported to the CFPB. Don't ever depend on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for help. All they do is help you get paperwork from the other party. Those morons from Ditech send me a letter with spreadsheets in 2017 saying the credit reports were reported correctly after they changed them before reporting to the CFPB. Even though I provided the CFPB with the fraudulent credit reports they closed my complaint automatically after receiving a response from Ditech. I reported to the FBI this year after making another complaint to the CFPB. I made disputes with Experian and TransUnion about a payment I didn't make because my foreclosure is due to come off next year.

Ditech refused to change what I disputed in June 2018. After disputing with Experian they made my credit score go down 62 points and not with TransUnion. Bank of America gave out a fraudulent promissory note and now I am going through a forensic document examiner to prove it. Ditech is now changing my credit reports again fraudulently.

Anybody who has them as a loan servicer or mortgage company do a Qualified Written Request. Get all your records. Check your promissory note for how much they charge for a late fee and when it's due. During my foreclosure Green Tree was charging double of what my promissory note said and actually they were charging double for insurance due and additional charges due which were the same. Their customer service is crap and I would like to point out rep Carmen.

For the credit reports they are currently changing fraudulently, I am taking them to small claims court. Ditech/Green Tree which was just renamed since the CFPB fined them $63,000 million. All these companies could rather pay a fine than actually pay what they owe. For those of you trying to hold onto your home, again, get all records from Ditech Financial so you have an idea of what's going on with your account because nobody there will tell you. These people have no morals and don't care whether you lose your home or not. Example: late fee, you didn't pay your mortgage payment, you're short on escrow. They do this on purpose to try and make you lose your home because it's more profitable to write it off as a loss.

From 2008 until September 2012, I didn't know Fannie Mae was the investor. On my foreclosure Fannie Mae was the owner. Fannie Mae doesn't own property. They are put into a REMIC Trust in a large pool of mortgages. I even called the FHFA who regulates Fannie Mae and someone that works there told me, "Don't even bother making a complaint with the FHFA because they won't do anything about it." I was told to contact the Attorney General of CA. Even Fannie Mae would not respond to my complaint to the CFPB. So what does that tell you.

Know who the investor is in your home. For me Ditech was a servicer. People who own their homes or close to foreclosure need to figure how to sue Ditech Financial. They've already been in trouble and fined. If you can, record your phone calls with their permission if you're in a two party consent state, keep track of all paperwork you receive and make copies correspondence you send. Write notes. They always claim they never received your fax. I call ** on the whole company. Representatives who treat people like that either enjoy doing it or are so unhappy with themselves it makes themselves feel better to make people suffer. I now record every call I make to them even though my account is closed for my protection.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I have Green Tree for 24 years now I believe. They are crooks period. They charge me 11% entrance fee for my loan for 24 years now. They will not lower it and fought with them for years over it. I got a loan for 28,000.00 for a double wide trailer in 1993 and refinanced a pickup truck which per was about 20,000 so a total of 48,000.00 around then it's been like I said 24 years now. My payment are 550.00 a month.

Sometimes I get a little behind because I am a seasonal worker. But I have managed. But this what I'm getting at you take 550.00 a month times 12 then times that be 24 years it comes out to 158,400.00 dollars. And they say I owe them 24,000.00 more to pay off my loan!! Or pay another 25 years really!!! I feel like I'm getting robbed every month. Just to about let them have this place. And my wife wonders why I hate making a house payment. Dear GOD in heaven how does these people get away with this stuff. If anybody can help with please let me know. Thank you. Just so sick of paying these people. Could have bought a mansion at this rate.

Original review: July 21, 2018

This is the worst experience I have had in my life. I have had nothing but lies and waiting and problems. I am pretty sure they would like to see me miss a step so they can foreclose. They have sent people by to take pictures of the house. I happened to be outside and caught them, and sent them on their way. We sent in a very large payment and everything went into escrow when told to go to catch up payments. All but two were caught up. If I had not called on the status I would have thought I was caught up but indeed they made two payments short. They want you to foreclose and try to make it so you do! They are not a mortgage company. They are looking for a home to short sale to flip. If you want to buy your dream home stay as far away from these thieves as you can. Terrible is too nice a word.

Original review: July 19, 2018

If I ever get this house paid off I will never use Ditech again or recommend them to anyone. I have been on the phone today for over 3 hours trying to get my insurance straighten out. And not one person knew what they were doing. Ditech had placed lender ins. on this house which put me into an overage in my escrow. So I go that set up on payments of 36 dollars a mo. I then used same ins. comp. and put ins. in my name to be paid out of escrow. I was sending an extra 126$ plus the 36$ to escrow each mo. to pay ins. overage. But Ditech DID not pay ins. for 2 mo. straight which then ins. cancelled.

After calling several times last mo and to be told everything was taken care of they DID not pay ins. and took all the extra I sent in to be applied to the overage which was set up on payments for 36 mo at 36$ monthly. The ins company DID send a copy to Ditech and I also have a copy of the policy. So this now puts me in a real fix with no ins. on my house... I am just about at the point of letting Ditech just have this place back since I have had so many problems with these people (Ditech customer service)...

About a year ago I tried to refinance thru Ditech because Ditech interest rate is crazy high just to be turned down for refinance because I could not prove where I got the money for 1 (yes I said 1) out of 12 months payments. Because I paid that month with a money order not a check... I have had my fill of dealing with Ditech customer service. They need people who knows what the heck they are doing and not just guessing it is okay to do something that they are not suppose to do or tell their customers that everything is taken care of when in reality it is not!!!

Original review: July 19, 2018

Please avoid this company at all costs. Nine months after a property loss due to a neighbor's negligence, this company is still holding our settlement money for repairs hostage. They continue to make crucial mistakes to hold up the repair process as long as they possibly can. We understand certain guidelines do need to be implemented. We are at their mercy to issue funds in increments for a huge repair. The home continues to flood with each rainstorm as mold levels increase. Senior citizens living under these conditions is deplorable. They don't care & perhaps are looking at the age demographics hoping you just surrender the property to them because you have a mortgage. They state they don't receive documents you've sent over numerous times.

They don't seal their envelopes with large checks hoping they will fall out of the envelope(s) and get lost. They can't even issue checks properly with the correct name, knowing they won't be able to be cashed as you have to go through the process of them stopping payment & issuing new ones. Hence, all these errors equate to an additional 14 day hold up. Everytime you call each representative has a different story, perhaps they don't read. We are at our wits end. Even with an attorney involved they still have you jumping through any hoop possible.

I hope my father lives to see his home repaired. I can't even begin to say how much stress, anxiety, and grief my family has had to endure over the last 9 months. We were awarded this money by the insurance company, NOT DITECH. We should have been able to begin repairs 60 days ago. I believe Ditech will do anything they can to continue to halt the process of that. This whole situation has been reported. As an advocate for the elderly, nobody should have to live under these conditions when they pay on time religiously. Our story is near to being over yet!??

Original review: July 19, 2018

I just found out that Ditech will not pay me my bonus check after being told that I would be getting it on several occasions. I would get it in August 2018. I was supposed to be on the HARP program but now they are telling me that I am not. They tell me something different every time I talk to them. They screwing me over big time. I think we need a class action lawsuit against them, but I don't know what to do. I am disabled and elderly and am very poor, I need help.

Updated on 07/20/2018: Ditech is trying to cheat me out of my bonus check. Everytime I have checked this aspect of my mortgage they have told me I will get it in August 2018. I started to check on it more recently as I needed it to fix my air conditioning and heating system. I live in Burnet, Texas and it was 110° today. Everytime I checked with ditech they gave a different story. They said I should have got the check sometime ago, then they said I should have gotten a request for payment, which I never received. I asked them if I would get the check soon and they said yes. Then I was told I wouldn't get the check. That the bank gets the check. Then finally today they said I would not get the bonus at all. That the request was filled out too late. Remember I never received that information at all, plus they claimed I wasn't on the HARP program at all!!! My name is Phillip ** and I live in Burnet, Texas, I am elderly and disabled. I need help, please contact me.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I always pay over the basic amount of my home payment, they try to apply the extra to interest instead of principal even though it states right on the payment for the extra to go to payment (what kind of idiot intentionally pays more interest). I was notified after 30 years of living on this property that I suddenly need flood insurance, (the current house is not 30 years old) I have paid for the elevation certificate and the flood insurance and not only is Ditech not responding to me threatening to take out their own insurance even though my insurance agent has faxed the insurance information to them several times, but they also will not respond to my insurance agent. Time for an attorney and complaint to Better Business Bureau. This company cares nothing for their customers and appears to have a problem with honest. Don't trust them. Will not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I thought I would make everyone complaining about Ditech aka Green Tree a little bit happy. Short background. I owned a property bought years ago with another person. I had not lived in property for a couple of years when co-owner decided to sell property - ignoring my name on title. I got wind of this illegal sale and put a stop to it... It was very very good. They tried to push through sale and forge my signature. I had contacted Green Tree/Ditech and sent always certified notices to them that if they knew about this they were liable with the crooks trying to sign my name. They put it in writing they NEVER knew about it. Guess what - they sent a shyster lawyer the payment for buyout AFTER my notification that I wasn't involved in this legal sale. It was very juicy tricking ALL these crooks.

Well the sale fell through at closing table - because they were led to believe they had forced me to sign over my rights. Loved to see their faces at closing when they got my letter. Well no closing... Ditech... I mean Green Tree must have had this big one over this mess. These crooks paid Ditech $4600 to forestall foreclosure. It put property out of foreclosure. Guess what. NO sale so foreclosure had to start over AGAIN and that was 4 years ago. In meantime 6 years of $$$$ expensive NEW YORK back taxes they paid and paid. They were very very close to foreclosure last year in May. They almost had the property. It was before the judge and judge had approved foreclosure sent out paperwork. But BINGO it fell apart again.

The thief co-owner that was signing my name illegally to paperwork DIED while in foreclosure. Now, foreclosure - would have gone through - IF there had been a Judge's foreclosure sale notice (which was due in 30 day) and NOT just a judgement of foreclosure but some little BIRD aka ME the injured party - notified Ditech AND their crooked lawyers. The other party DIED and NO SALE OF FORECLOSURE. Start again. Hey. They died with no will (of course no money) so Ditech has to file with NY probate court etc etc etc. This will take years in probate court before they EVEN get to go at foreclosure (2 years or MORE again in NY) once again. Hey, they did pay another 13,000 this year in taxes AGAIN.

Due to my due diligence I had anticipated something shady with them and years ago I filed bankruptcy to get rid of their criminal acts. I have been free of them for YEARS YEARS. However, has nothing to do with my ownership in this property. I remain SOLELY on title. My credit is clear now. And GUESS what. I am now located in a better area where these criminal acts would be never be tolerated. And I am now myself buying (with cash). Guess what- a DITECH Foreclosure house!!! Wonder if these idiots will notice the same name buying one of their properties as the one who has them wrapped uptight in New York??? I was threatened by everyone to force me to give my property rights and with no valid compensation. I GOT GREEN TREE/DITECH AND I GOT THEM GOOOOOD. RLOL.

Original review: July 13, 2018

My mortgage was sold to Ditech by Greentree several years ago. I came out of bankruptcy in December 2017. I received notice from Ditech in March 2018 stating I had missed a payment. I had documentation showing that I had not missed any payments in 2018. The nightmare began when I contacted customer service. The first young lady was cold and unconcerned. She stated that my account has been behind for a while. I asked which month had I missed. She told me that her screen only went back as far as March of 2017 and she would send me a copy of my payment history. Basically she was telling me to research it myself.

In April 2018, I received another notice saying my payment was past due and the late fee had doubled. So, I called back to customer service for the second time. This gentleman had a foreign accent, but was much more pleasant than the first individual. He kept putting me on hold to speak with the bankruptcy department. He reviewed my account and stated the charges were from 2013. Yep, 2013. I said, "Why did it take 5 years to contact me about a past due payment." He said, I was in bankruptcy and they weren't allowed to contact me. Then he said bankruptcy didn't exempt me from this payment. He told me to get with my attorney to see if the payment was included in bankruptcy proceedings. I told him I wanted to dispute this notice and what was the procedure.

A week later I received a notice saying I had 30 days to dispute the past due payment. In that same week I got a notice stating that I have been assigned a representative which is never available and don't return calls. The Notice also said I could apply for mitigation assistance. I submitted a formal written dispute letter in June 2018. July 3, 2018 a letter was sent from customer service responding to my dispute. No particular person's name was on the letter, just customer service. The letter stated that my account was made current as of November 2017 and my next payment was due on December 1, 2017. But my December payment wasn't received until January 2018. Once again, I have documentation showing where I made a payment in December 2017.

I called back for the 3rd time on yesterday (July 12, 2018) and was told that the issue from 2013 was cleared up, but a payment was missed in July 2017. He told me the payment made in September 2017 was for the missed payment in July 2017. I told him that letter I was reading didn't mention anything about missed payments in July 2017. By now I'm thoroughly heated and confused. I called back later yesterday to make sure they posted my July 2018 for. He told me that the payment I made on June 29 was for June since I was one month behind. Are you kidding me!!! Then he goes on to say that it appears that I missed two payments in 2016. I told him it's not even possible for 4 people to look at the same account and come up with 4 different years a payment was missed.

I requested to speak with a supervisor and of course he wasn't available. I was transferred to his voicemail. When I asked for the supervisor's name he just said Jesse. I said, "Does Jesse have a last name." He said, "His extension is and he'll get back with you in 24 hours." I was absolutely livid and mentally drained when I got off the phone. In all my days of living and 25 years as a public servant, I've never encountered a business with such inadequate business practices.

I've come to two conclusions, my account is a hot mess and I'm going to end up suing Ditech. They're trying to let the late fees build up to foreclose on my house and sale it for double the price. Something needs to be done about this company. It seems to me if you say I have missed a payment, you should be able to tell me exactly which payment I've missed. I shouldn't be expected to make a past due payment without actual proof. And if I make the payment, how do I know they won't come back and say I missed another payment?

So, as of yesterday, July 12, 2018, I'm waiting to hear back from the imaginary supervisor. Meanwhile, I'm sending another dispute letter with a copy of proof where I made December 2017 payment. I've been wrestling with this nonsense for 5 months and have no clue when it will end. I've only been out of bankruptcy for 7 months and was off to a good start trying to reestablish my credit. And now I'm having to contend with this awful mortgage company. How is this company still in business?

Original review: July 5, 2018

I had a fire in my house and Ditech is the one holding the money for the repairs. I have done everything they ask for but they procrastinate on giving me my money. It is lies, 2 week reviews, 14 day turnaround. They have been making me pay for the repairs out of my home equity because they refuse to send me my money. They keep telling me this is what Freddie Mac wants. Well they said I was at 75% finished with my home. I had to go over their calculations to find out that I was not and I still was entitled to $20,000 for repairs. They refused to give me that money and ordered a inspection.

They lost my insurance adjuster's report and didn't want to tell me. It went on me calling every day to see what was going on. Someone finally admitted that the report was lost. I immediately sent it over to them and it goes back for review. Another 2 week review. Then I call and complain and they put a rush on it. Days later I am still waiting. They tell me there is no one above them to talk to about my situation. They are sorry. I told them that's all they say SORRY and nothing is getting done. They don't meet deadlines for money being due to contractors and again I am putting it out of my pocket. Problems after problems with this company. Horrible, Horrible Bank.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Sent me an email 'teaser' about lowering my payments. When I replied they had the nerve to pull my credit (and my wife's) and send me a completed application to sign. We never authorized this loan, how were they able to pull credit without an application?

Ditech Financial Company Information