Ditech Financial

We are in the business of helping Americans realize the dream of home ownership. The irony is that while buying a home can be a joyful and uplifting experience, getting a mortgage can be anything but. We aim to change that.

Our purpose: securing the American Dream
Our approach: helpful, responsive, efficient and fair
Our values: honesty, responsibility, transparency and creativity

Our promise: to put your needs first!

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have had mortgage with Ditech for several years now, with limited contact or interaction, which I now realize was lucky. Yesterday morning, I received a letter telling me that my April payment had been returned for insufficient funds, and I would be charge a returned check fee and a late fee. My payments are done automatically, through their website. I have never missed or been late for a payment, and I have plenty of money in my account to cover the payment. A quick aside - in December, I had to change my checking account due to some possibly stolen checks. I changed the account number on the Ditech site, and the January, February and March payments all posted to the correct checking account, so I know and can prove that they had the correct account number and have been using it.

I went to their website to see what could have happened with the April payment and found that I was no longer enrolled in Auto-pay, and the account was marked as ineligible for this. I checked my Wells Fargo checking account, and could find no record of the payment having been submitted or rejected. I then called the customer service line, and this is where this goes south very quickly. The rep I spoke to was extremely rude, and told me that I "must have discontinued auto pay at some point." When I asked at what point that would have been, since the last three payments were all done that way, she told me I would have to check with my bank and find out why they returned the check (there is no check involved here, as I said this is all don through auto pay).

I went to my bank, and they verified that the last three payments had gone through my current checking account, but that no payment had been submitted for April at all, so the problem was all on Ditech side. So, I called the support number back and talked to a different rep this time. This one was less rude, and seemed to at least want to be helpful. She told me my payment was submitted on an account that had been closed. I questioned this, citing the previous three payments, and she told me she would turn this over to the "on-line payment team" and that someone would call me within an hour to an hour and a half, and that they would be able to remove the late fees.

After three hours waiting with no callback, I again called the support number. The rep I talked to says she was not, but she sounded exactly like the first rep and was again very rude. I explained that this was my third time calling on this issue, and she cut me off and said (exact quote), "If you called twice before, there is no reason for you to call again." I tried to explain that I had been waiting for a promised call back, but she refused to listen, scolded me for arguing with her, and basically told me I would just have to wait. I asked to speak to a supervisor and said I would not leave the line until this was resolved, and she told me someone would call me back and hung up on me.

I sent three messages on their website trying to explain the situation (I did not mean to submit three messages, only one, but the first two raised an error and brought up the support number when I tried to submit). I got receipt confirmation emails for all three messages, but have still not heard back from the company. It is now almost 30 hours since my first contact with their support team, and I still have not heard back from them. I made it clear, both on the phone and in the messages, that I expect resolution ASAP and would not be submitting payment until this is resolved. While the late fees are wrong, and worth fighting them about (see you in court Ditech), the total lack of responsiveness is the real issue here. The attitude from the start with the support team has been "you screwed up you have to pay", without any effort to research or even explain the situation.

Made final payoff to Ditech. Given a payoff amount of 5877.57 to be paid by April 8. Sent Certified check by Certified mail on March 29th. Called frequently to check if was received. Post office said it was delivered on April 1. Ditech has no record of it. In all my conversations they indicated if I sent in the confirmation of the certified check and the Post office certification showing delivery they would honor the 8th. Well it was never cashed. Since a certified check takes the money out of the acct I needed to put money in my account again and send it again.

It arrived on the 17th and you guessed it, they wont honor the 8th and charged me an additional 287 dollars for the 9 days late. Supervisor said even if they find the first check since it will be posted after the 8th they wont honor the check amount even if it was received before the 8th (like the 1st). Every agent previous to the final supervisor said no problem. That once I sent in the paperwork it would be corrected. All lies. I did manage to finally get free by taking the extra 287 out of my final escrow to pay the difference but was cheated in the end.

My original mortgage company sold two mortgages of mine to Ditech and it's been a disaster ever since. They seem unable or unwilling to help me set up automatic bank withdrawals on one of the accounts after my original account was hacked and closed. Due to their many keystroke errors and rude customer service staff, I have one account that never seems to be in sync and thus they now refuse to put it on automatic payments. I am a frequent international traveler and thus I'm now constantly subject to late fees and negative credit reports for the first time in my life. I can't imagine a worse mortgage company and I've been through numerous. I assume the only reason people use Ditech is that their mortgages are sold to them and then they prey on unwitting mortgage owners in order to fleece them out of late fees. NEVER use this company if you have a choice and if you get stuck with them, watch your accounts VERY closely.

Here is an organization that sends you monthly paper statements, but when it is time to pay off your last payment, they don't send you anything, but depend upon you to make the final payment. In the meantime, they charge you interest for not making the close out payment. Very unprofessional and I told them so, asking them to take the taped conversation and pass it along to someone who could do something about it. The young lady, who apologized at least six times, said that my comments are on record. Of course, that doesn't mean that anyone who can make a difference will ever see or hear them. Appalling business practice.

Our mortgage was sold to Ditech after approx a month. We had reached out to their customer service to find out why we couldn't create our online account and get information that way. We both work long hours and are not available during normal business hours to make phone calls etc. We finally got our online account set up after 6 months of trying to do so. We then tried making our payment online and couldn't do that. Once again we called customer service and explained that we were trying to make a payment and it wouldn't take. They have now marked our credit report with a 30 day late payment for a 1 day late payment and refuse to take this off of our credit report. They told us that there is no way to fix this and that we should have made the payment on time, which we still made the payment on time, but through their system, it would not take until we talked to someone in customer service.

They have now hurt our credit report for something that should not have been our fault and refuse to correct the mistake. We have since refinanced and hope to never have to deal with this company again. If you can avoid this company and go with someone else, we would like to you to know what kind of people you are dealing with. There is no 24 hour customer support, the online information is never up to date and that is when you can actually get onto your account, when you call with an issue, customer service bounces you around and you end up not getting the help that you need.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial, LLC?

Worse company ever. Green Tree rebranded into Ditech. During our bankruptcy proceedings it was agreed that the escrow account was to be closed in 06/2015. During final resolutions the escrow was to remain closed. 12/2016. On 09/2016 Ditech started to subvert mortgage payments into an unknown account. Ditech subverted five mortgage payments to this date into an unknown account. 09/10/12/2016 and 01/02/2017. Ditech failed to notify anyone of the subverted mortgage payments. Ditech has claimed that it made property tax and hazard insurance during the year 2015/2016 and 2017 on my behalf. This is not true as I have made every tax and insurance payment.

Ditech is requesting to open an escrow account and submitted a false statement to the bankruptcy court in declaring that they have made escrow payments and other unknown payments from an escrow account that was opened on my behalf in secret. Not one monthly statement has reported such payments or expenditures. Ditech is submitting that I be enrolled in a hazard insurance with the cost of 1912.75. My current hazard insurance has never lapsed or expired. My current hazard insurance cost is 612.00. I have not asked nor applied for any hazard insurance from Ditech, especially at the 1900 dollar rate. The practice of subverting hazard insurance is not new as Green Tree attempted to subvert my hazard insurance into one of their own at the cost of 1800.00 even though my hazard insurance never lapsed or expired.

It appears that Ditech is doing this to "qualify" its practices of subverting my monthly mortgage payments. This was a common practice that the FTC discovered Green Tree was practicing and it appears that they are still practicing this unlawful activity. I have filed several complaints directly with Ditech about their unlawful escrow activity. They have refused to answer any of my complaints. Ditech is starting to do exactly what Green Tree did that finally forced myself into bankruptcy. Even though Ditech admitted no wrongdoing, no foreclosure fees and attorney fees were assessed against myself during the Bankruptcy proceedings.

I wanted to mention that I have been researching Countrywide, BofA, Green Tree and Ditech. All of them have handled my loan and dumped it to another lender. When I threatened to lawyer up if I didn't get answers explaining why my loan had an amount deferred to end of loan. When I bought my home Nov 2007 I bought it for $356,000.00. I put $70,000.00 down payment and financed $286,000.00 on an Interest only loan until I lost my job and they started Foreclosure on me and I hired a lawyer and he saved my home while filing a Loan Modification which lowered my monthly payments and it was a P&I Loan. They never explained why they put over $42,000.00 at the end of my loan and extended my loan to a 40 year loan!

Now when I email them asking to explain, I get NO ANSWERS, for years! I now owe $301,000.00 to pay off this loan which is more than I even financed in the beginning of the loan almost 10 years ago! How can a loan increase in 10 years! I have been paying on this loan and all it does is go up! I am hiring Real Estate Solutions to look into my situation and go after Ditech to see if something can be done. This is my first home and it's been a total nightmare since the beginning with Bank of America! I want this to end, 10 years is too long to have this situation. Just getting worse with every year that goes by.

We are 100% tax exempt due to the Military. When we first purchased our home they advised us that the county normally takes about 30 days to send us out a letter after our application is submitted through them for the exemption. Once we received our letter from our county, we submitted it to Ditech. They let us know it would take 5-7 business days for the Escrow Analysis Request to complete but they would notify us. They never did. So when I called, the request was denied because it did not show the amount of taxes not owed. The letter did however say we were 100% tax exempt. Common sense it's 0 owed on taxes. We submitted multiple request within the month.

When they were finally able to confirm we owed 0$, they submitted what was supposed to be a final request. I called 5 business days later to make sure it was still being processed and sure enough there was no request. They couldn't tell us why it wasn't showing when I had confirmed it that Friday before with 3 representatives. The tax side (CoreLogic) could still see the request but the CSR's couldn't. We submitted ANOTHER request and it's the 5th day. They are letting us know to give them 5 more days. It's been a 2 month process with these request. And still going. They owe us a pretty large amount of money but are taking their sweet time. This may not be help but if you are in the process of buying a home, avoid Ditech at all costs. It has been a stressful nightmare. Why they would allow such companies to deal with mortgages baffles me.

I have so many issues with Ditech since they bought CitiMortgage's accounts. Let's start with the fact that I receive many, many letters with a change in account representative responsible for my account. This time it is Cynthia **. Phone number is 800-643-0202. Then they give a five digit extension number. Problem is when you phone, there is no opportunity to "dial" an extension number. The best you can do is get to what is loosely termed "customer service."

Then after 4 minutes of providing them all the information on your life and ID, the person FINALLY agrees to transfer me to the extension I asked for initially when he answered. He supposedly transferred me to the extension but the message I received only cited 4 digits (not the five) and advised me there was no such number. The automated system then asks me to put in the extension number. I put in all 5 digits and, of course, it is not a valid extension number!!! So I reach no one after 7 minutes and 12 seconds on the phone.

This is or something similar has happened EVERY SINGLE TIME I have phoned. It is unbelievable! Also, in "servicing" my loan, I send them correspondence and they instead respond with an answer to a question I did not ask. It just goes on and on. Then there are those phone calls you receive from them and you pick up and no one is on the line or it wants you to wait for someone to come onto the line. Yeah, we all have time in our lives to wait for these idiots.

They are so professional that one part of a sentence in the letter says, "If you have any questions regarding this letter, please call or write to the above referenced phone number." Now how is that for great grammar from what is supposed be a professional business? I have never, ever seen an more unfit organization to service loans or, for that matter, even be in business. I guess since there is no repercussion to the company from which the loans were purchased, they don't care. So Ditech continues to assume business and can't service them adequately. Overall this company just sucks.

We were guaranteed a refinance with no closing costs. She had to pre-pay for the appraisal but was assured that would come back to her. As it turned out, I was helping my mom with the process - she only owed $55,266.08, refinancing at $75,000 to pay off a card and do house repair. (Her taxes and insurance are in escrow and were up-to-date.) The total cost to pay off the home loan and card was $66,981.88. She walked away with $5252!!! Being told the difference was used to pay off items in old loan escrow ($2766.12). New Loan is in place, even though old loan kept $2766.12 to satisfy escrow balance - they told my mom she would get a check for around $1,200 to cover excess escrow on new loan within 30 days.

My mom got a check for $544.11! And a bill 2 weeks later for over $700 to cover more escrow. What is this company doing and how are they getting away with taking advantage of people in this way. We could use help in figuring this out but seem to be getting the running around from the company. My mom should not be having to pay ANY additional escrow and were still wondering how they got away with shortening the initial refinance amount.

My mortgage was sold to Ditech from Green Tree in January, 2016. It has been a nightmare ever since. I made two payments in March, 2017 and both went into suspense. They said I was being reviewed for a loan modification. I NEVER asked for a modification and don't need one. They have refused to stop the modification process and will not reallocate the payments. This is now showing as late and they are reporting late to the credit bureaus. Call after call and if you are lucky enough to get a person, you get the runaround. They told me it would be 30 days before the payments could be moved. As a result of this and their reporting negatively, I lost my chance to refinance with another lender. THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE STOPPED. THEY ARE HARMING INNOCENT PEOPLE TRYING TO DO THE RIGHT THING.

Ditech took over my loan from Green Tree. After 14 months of begging for help, I finally got some answers. Unfortunately, this has resulted in some negative marks on my credit report. Now, instead of my loan showing as paid in full, some random amount has been added back on, and it's showing a last payment of 12.1.16. That will do wonders for my credit report. I hope to have this taken care of soon, and be done with this company. While 2 of the human beings I did work with were super nice and helpful, the company itself lacks the concept of customer service.

My late husband and me decided to refinance our house in November 2015 thru Bank of England. It took Bank of England to process the papers and got approval in May 2016. But in the interim, someone from 360 Mortgage called me and talked to me about refinancing. I told him we just got the approval from Bank of England and he said he can still do it. I talked it over with my late husband and he approved with a much lower rate but this time no cashout. Bank of England sent me a letter that the loan was transferred to Ditech. At the same time our refinance got approved from 360 Mortgage and they payoff Ditech. My husband passed away suddenly on July 23, 2016.

August 4, 2016 I received an Escrow Refund Check from Ditech issued to both my husband and me. I took it to our bank and the bank refused to accept it because of my husband name on the check. So I called Ditech Customer Service and explained to her what was the issue. So I returned the check with a copy of death certificate as per advised by the Customer Service. Two months passed by never heard from Ditech so I called and was informed that they need a spouse survival form and some kind of proof that the property was not under another name. But I told her I was never informed or received any form of communication from Ditech and she said that they should have communicated this to me.

I was so upset and furious, so I send them A Homestead Declaration and Trust Deed that the property was only in my name only. Thanks to 360 Mortgage for when I informed them that my husband passed away and that they need to transfer the loan into my name only and it took them at least two months to redo everything as I requested. And the same thing happened. 360 Mortgage refunded two checks both in my husband's name and my name on the checks on Jan. 2017 and I called the Customer Service and explained to him if they could reissue the checks in my name only and he said that will not be a problem as long as I emailed him a copy of the death certificate.

Well received both checks yesterday March 30, 2017. It only took 360 Mortgage 2 months for the re-issuance of the escrow checks. But with Ditech I received a letter stating that they are still reviewing my case. I still don't have the check since August 2016. It's 8 months in the making. Shall I dig up my husband's ashes to send it to them as proof? But if there's a consolation to all of these aggravations I am so glad and happy that I don't have to deal with my mortgage from Ditech. The company meaning Ditech was a mortgage company from HELL.

I don't know where to begin. From Day 1 when my mortgage was sold to them, Ditech has been a problem. I signed up for every 2 week mortgage payments to get ahead and pay off early. They kept holding up to $3500 of a $1500 mortgage payment in an account instead of applying to principal every 2 weeks. After calling repeatedly for 6 months and getting various excuses, I just canceled and went to monthly auto withdrawal. The first month, I received a message stating that auto withdrawal would not kick in until next month so I made a 1-time payment. Then it deducted the payment and I paid that month twice. I called and asked for a refund and it took 2 more cycles to credit me. I have dealt with 5-6 mortgage companies in my lifetime and Ditech is far and away the worst. I am considering refinancing just to get away from them. Do not ever choose this company.

Ditech Financial LLC (Ditech) took it upon themselves to pay supplemental property taxes even though we do not have an escrow account with them. Since we also paid these supplemental property taxes, there is an overpayment on our property tax accounts. The taxing authorities have stated that Ditech needs to apply for refunds since it was their payment that caused the overpayment on our accounts. Ditech is sending us nasty letters threatening us to pay them for their unauthorized over payments to these tax authorities.

In addition, they are billing us to fund an escrow account with them. We have never had an escrow account on this property and all property taxes and insurance payments have been made promptly on time by us. Ditech has informed us that they can force us to maintain an escrow account with them. When we 1st purchased the property, we had a different finance company. Unfortunately, our mortgage was eventually purchased by Ditech. I've had mortgages since 1986 and have never had problems with our mortgage on any properties and have never been treated like this. Ditech is completely unreasonable and corrupt. I've had to report them to the Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending.

Ditech bought loan from Greentree and since have had our loan so messed up. Our payments went up for seemingly no reason and our escrows payments went up and down over the last couple of years with no explanation. Every time I called they had no knowledge of previous calls and would (start the review over). Finally sent email and for the last 8 months we have received a letter stating still under review. I finally decided to refinance with my local bank just to say good riddance to Ditech. However Ditech claims I'm -1200 in the hole on escrow despite overpaying for the last 2 years. Reading everything here I guess I was lucky they didn't screw up my credit. I'd STRONGLY ADVISE STAYING AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

I've been trying to get a modification from Ditech for over a year. Told every month they had not received my paperwork. I faxed and mailed monthly. November, 2016 received a letter it has finally been received and would take 30 days to review. November, 2016 receive a letter for Lawfirm from Birmingham, AL stating my mortgage was in default. Called Ditech and was told to disregard letter that it would take 30 days to review modification. March 15, 2017 a foreclosure notice was published in my local newspaper for a sale date of April 13, 2017. Have not received any type of letter/correspondence from Ditech or Law Firm handling foreclosure.

Repeated called both Ditech and Attorney to get payoff and find out why I have not received mandatory certified letter from anyone. Was told I didn't know anything about foreclosure and I could not pay off my loan. I have now filed a complaint with CFPB and obtained my own legal representation. I have 2 couples interested in buying property but I cannot prepare contract with a payoff amount. If anyone knows of any type of Class Action Lawsuit please let me know. I have documentation from phone calls and the couple of letters they have actually mailed me in the past.

Our home caught fire in November... we had several people look at it and we were advised not to rebuild on the structure. After long fight with insurance company not winning the battle with them. We contacted the mortgage company to see if we could get a payoff and maybe negotiate something lower than the amount they had given us. Well we faxed over our request waiting to hear from them... nothing. Then we call they say they didn't receive it but, yet they have the cover sheet.

I sent the insurance check with a letter with our request for a lower payoff. They say they didn't receive it but they have check and have closed our account. Then I was passed to someone else. After demanding to speak to someone in charge well he has the letter and has no idea why the account was closed. Then goes on to state there's nothing he can do to fix the mess up on their end. This companies payoff was almost the same amount that we paid for the house after paying for 5 years. This is complete bull crap. Something needs to be done about the way people are handled. Where has all the customer service gone?? I explained this was all the money we had to rebuild our lives... We lost everything!

During my father's final days last year, he made my sister and I his power of attorney (PoA). We immediately began contacting his creditors to give them copies of the paperwork and determine what needed to be done. We sent PoA paperwork to Ditech twice and they claimed to never receive it and refused to talk to us. Upon my father's death in October 2016, we sent the death certificate and again tried to find out what we needed to do. They continued to refuse to speak to us and claimed they never received the death certificate. My father had already quit claimed his house to us, but we wanted to make sure we settled everything.

Just today we called Ditech again because they keep sending mail to the house addressed to my father about how to keep his home. My sister called and after arguing with 2 representatives, demanded to speak to a manager. One representative let it slip that they did in fact have a mortgage loan for my dad. The manager told my sister they would not talk to us because her power of attorney paperwork expired upon death and they know he died because they have the certificate. They want us to open probate. This is ludicrous! We've tried to work with them both during my father's last days to get everything squared away, and after his death. They continue to make a difficult time even tougher. Almost every review I've found for this company is negative and I can see why.

This is the worse mortgage company. I had GMAC and it was taken over by Green Tree and now Ditech, which we all know is still Green Tree. First they tell me I had NSF back from February 2013. I sent them the cashed check. Now they say they have that payment and I have a NSF from my bank for February 2016. Sent them my bank statement showing the payment and nothing was returned. This has been dragging on since Green Tree took over 4 years ago. I've never missed a mortgage payment and have sent them my bank statements. They just keep threatening me with foreclosure. I don't even owe much left on the home. How does anyone allow them to stay in business??

No follow up communication. They have a courier tape a notice on my door, for all the neighborhood to see for me to contact them, & when I try several times, only to get a dead end recording to leave detailed information! The notice says urgent! So I repeatedly call them, given the same response! At times when I do get a representative, they are rude and condescending, and at times hang up on me. They pre-screen the calls coming in and choose which to take, when the notices are on my door the courier takes a picture to show they've been at the address.

My home is in foreclosure court now, and I'm still receiving harassment calls from them, trying to hurry the foreclosure. I've made several improvements including a new furnace 2 months old and remodeling. But didn't know my house is in foreclosure until September 2016. The new furnace was a gift from crisis intervention, because I had no heat for 3 yrs. I am disabled without unemployment compensation, and SSI & SSDI were denied last June and now in litigation for hearing soon hopefully! Given all my stresses over the past 3 yrs., Ditech has pushed me to clinical depression and suicidal thoughts!

I'll be 61 yrs. next month... with a myriad of health issues and no family support, I am a 10 yr. cancer survivor, and I'm beginning to feel I'll live much better after Ditech dies! It's a horrible horrible horrible company. I've done all they've asked of me, through my credit housing counselor at Clarifi, and still they say it's not complete and I do it again as requested... only to have a notification saying it's not complete! I've done this several times with my housing counselor who is a non profit professional, using her fax machine and conference calls to Ditech, only to be denied denied denied again and again. I'm old and very tired, as a bicycle mechanic for 43 yrs., and maintenance the entire Philadelphia police bicycle patrol for 7.5 yrs. Doing 98 percent according to my boss at the time. I've not had been treated so disrespectfully by any company as Ditech, a Walter co.

Unfortunately, in 2004 I was hurt at work and could not drive a bus any longer and consequently lost my job, leading to almost losing my home. Thanks only to my friends I did not. Over the past few years I have been keeping a close eye on my account through these beings from hell, and now have an attorney who says he will probably be filing a class action (yes another one). If you would like to be kept current on if this happens or want to join the lawsuit when/If it happens, please contact me at my email **. Let's work together and bring them down!! (The only proof I have is my mortgage papers.)

Ditech was not a company I chose to do business with. Unfortunately, like many other loan officers, your loan is sold off to companies like this one. Because it is GINNIE MAE, there is no leeway for any help nor do they care about any financial issues you may have. Customer service is a hit and miss. You have people that are from the hood trying to help but are very inexperienced and then you have very knowledgeable individuals who are like robots. It is what it is but these people are terrible.

All of the reviews I have read on this site echo my experience with Ditech Financial. I had a 20 year mortgage with what use to be Conseco. Years later it became Green Tree now we are dealing with Ditech. My mortgage should have been paid off 7/16. Ditech is trying to tell me I still owe Thousands of dollars. They are in for rude awakening.

We recently paid off our home that my wife purchased in 1996 about four years before we were married. The home was financed for twenty years at an eleven percent interest rate (simple interest) for twenty years. Through the years we made the payments pretty good, only using three extensions. If we ever got behind, we would pay extra to catch up the payments. I always knew that we may owe a couple of payments extra at the end of the mortgage; due to the three extensions, but the shock I received in January 2016, was unbelievable.

For the past five years we had our homeowners insurance with Green Tree and we just added our premium payment in with our payment. Green Tree called us and offered to us in 2010 this policy as it would lock in our rates for three years at the time. Great deal, what they did wasn't so great. They paid all three years premiums, and added the amount we owed to our principal. I called them on it and they said it would wash out by the end of the loan. This same thing was done on the next renewal date three years later. In short, in December 2016 without notifying me they Greentree now Ditech took the portion of our payment for the insurance and applied it to the principal letting our insurance lapse. This is when the ** hit the fan. They also informed me that our loan would mature in a month and we owed $7700 dollars.

To make a long story short I found a way to pay it off, with the last payment being made in February 2017, and two days ago we received our title. We were lucky, but they have yet to refund the $19.95 that I overpaid them. Now folks I had to get the North Carolina Attorney General's Office involved in this, as well as my Congressman Walter B. Jones Jr. of the 3rd Congressional District. I will be meeting with Mr. Jones shortly in order to see about bringing the Feds down on these people. What they did was they paid all of those insurance amounts before they paid any principal or interest, and created a balloon payment. They knew exactly what they were doing. Let's all get together and file a class action lawsuit against these criminals.

Since Green Tree has switched over to Ditech, it has been nothing but grief. They add so many fees to my account. When I contact them to get clarification, I am on the line, mostly on hold for 30 minutes or more, only to be routed to another extension, long enough to get a recorded message saying they will get return the call later, which they don't. Or I'm told someone's supervisor will contact me later. This has been going on for over a year.

They claim they send needed paperwork to validate their outrageous payment fluctuations, but when I don't receive it, there's no valid explanation as to why. My mortgage payments fluctuate, sometimes 50% more than what they're supposed to be and Ditech can't answer why. It's as though Ditech bends and changes the rules trying to encourage homeowners to give up and go into foreclosure. It's horrible to even think a company like this can be in business, since it's taking advantage of consumers who need their residences. They are a poor excuse for a company and I warn anyone reading this to not do any business with them if you haven't already been stung by them.

I have talked this week alone, to someone named Sharita, who later transferred me to William **, who has yet to return my call. This was 3/6/17. Today, 3/9/17, I spoke with Kim, who kept me on hold while supposedly conferring with her superior, whom I didn't talk with. And I again was told my dilemma would be relayed to someone in the Financial Department. Please, consumers, don't deal with Ditech. Before I came to this site to write this review, I honestly thought I might be an isolated case, but there is proof in the number of other complaints.

My husband and his previous wife had a loan with Green Tree. His wife was killed in a motor home accident and he remarried me. He has since passed away from cancer. I contacted Green Tree which had changed to Ditech LLC and also mailed them a death certificate for my husband and previous wife. They requested a copy of his trust of which I was advised by my attorney that they have no rights to his trust information.

Have tried to speak with them a number of times since and was refused a conversation. I have been receiving billing statements from them now for over a year which includes late charges and another fee called Corp Adv Disb? After all the fees and penalties the house is not even worth that much! I called them again and the only thing they had to say was "WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO START MAKING PAYMENTS?" I told them never and that was 7 months ago... PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME... THIS IS A HORRIBLE SITUATION and I can't resolve anything because my name is NOT on the original loan... it's like talking to a tree. Plus the refinance of the property was given to my husband at age 75 and couldn't be paid off for 40 years (like WHAT) and they tell me that is legal and it doesn't change a thing... HELP OMG.

I took out a home mortgage with NewBridge Bank (now Yadkin Bank) one year ago. They promptly sold it to Ditech Financial. I escrowed monthly to cover my insurance and property taxes. Each month the statement indicated escrow for taxes and insurance. I noticed on my December statement that they had not paid my property taxes due 1/1/2017. I contacted them on 12/15/2017 and faxed them a copy of the tax bill. Did not hear anything further until I noticed on my January statement they had not been paid and I received an overdue noticed from the County Tax Office. I called customer service and they said that they were not authorized to pay the taxes even though they were collecting the escrow. By mid-January CS called and said they were paying the taxes, late penalty and interest. The next week CS called and stated the taxes were paid. Over the next 4 weeks the taxes had still not been paid.

When I received my February statement my escrow account showed a debit for the property taxes. Four weeks later the taxes had still not been paid. Talking with the senior people at Ditech, they said that the escrow payments were outsourced to another firm and there was not really anything they could do. To date 3/1/2017 my taxes are still not paid. Ditech has not only not paid my taxes, but they have lied to me on several occasions and have used my escrow money for some other self-serving purpose. Neither now Yadkin Bank or Ditech will not assume any responsibility. My advice is to ask your mortgage lender who they are going to sell the mortgage to and if it is Ditech, then say "no thanks" and go to another lender. I will take my problem further to the NC Banking Commission.

I noticed that they had failed to pay my property taxes. Currently, both the payments that should have been made - one in June 2016, one in Jan 2017 - have not been made. When I called they told me they paid it to the wrong parcel, so I asked them which parcel. At first the girl said she couldn't tell me because "procedure". When I got a manager on the phone he gave me a parcel number that sounded to me like he was making it up off the top of his head. He said they had tried to pay electronically and it had gotten rejected and that I needed to get him the tax bill, which I emailed him. I also copied the county treasurer's office who replied and sent the tax bill. When I spoke to the Treasurer's office they said that my property had come up for lien sale in October, and I was just lucky it didn't get sold. They said that a totally different bank pays the other parcel and that no attempted payments had ever been received from Ditech.

It has been a month and no payments have been made and I have been contacted in no way by Ditech, even though I'm paying money into an escrow account with them every month. The person at the Treasurer's office was indignant and aghast at how unethical Ditech's actions are. From reading online I see that this seems to be standard operating procedure for them. Do yourself a favor and stay away from them!

My wife & I have gotten fed up with your underhanded and fraudulent ways of doing business. We're forwarding this letter to our attorney also! Last year we finally got your collection agency to stop calling our home and my wife's job with threatening calls on the third of each month when the bill wasn't due until the 15th; (which we're working with the phone company to get records of those phone calls which were illegal). After my report to Consumer's Affairs you stopped that form of harassment and we were willing to forget and just continue to pay our bill of $550 per month! But now you have brought up the accusation of us letting our insurance lapse which was and is false.

Our insurance company has assured us they repeatedly sent you proof that never (insurance lapse) happened; so you're trying to collect a past due fee $184.20 and making the total due $735.19 is criminal so we will be getting in touch with the same agency to let them know of your latest tactics! And seeing as I am a 100% disabled veteran suffering from heart failure the effects of Agent Orange from service in Vietnam we will see if the media is interested in shining a light on your activities because if you're doing it to me you're doing to many others! As we're not rich we will also be seeking to recover the $1500 per phone calls which you later had stopped after our report to the above mentioned agency!

Ditech Financial Company Profile