Ditech Financial
1.09/5
Based on 132 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a mortgage lender?

Ditech Financial

We are in the business of helping Americans realize the dream of home ownership. The irony is that while buying a home can be a joyful and uplifting experience, getting a mortgage can be anything but. We aim to change that.

Our purpose: securing the American Dream

Our approach: helpful, responsive, efficient and fair

Our values: honesty, responsibility, transparency and creativity

Our promise: to put your needs first!

View More View More

3062 Ditech Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 21, 2018

Recently we fell past due on our mortgage and don't even try to work with Ditech, they would rather throw you out on the street, as they threaten to do- past due $4800- was able to secure $3500 and paid them. I called to be sure the money was posted because I was worried, oh they managed to take $1600 of that and applied to escrow for the over due months, so how does that help me??? Then the rep tells me if I pay $82.00 which is still showing due at 50 days past, then our past due is really May and June, but we can get in before month end, however yesterday I get a letter stating "even though you choose to pay us less we are still proceeding with foreclosure"... Are you kidding me...

The guy just told me to pay $82.00 to bring the mortgage up to May 2018, get the rest in before the end of June, and they want to proceed with foreclosure on a 60 day past due!! I cannot wait to get out of our financial dilemma so we can get another mortgage company. I proceeding on foreclosure for a 60 day past due balance - this is not my first encounter either with this company. They have no ethics.

If you have financial trouble and ask to make split up payments the rep tells you, "Sure no problem", then it goes into what they call "holding pool-unapplied:" and they will not release the money to your loan until the entire month's payment is there, so you're still late and they can charge you late fees. I pulled all of our mortgage documents and NOWHERE in those documents are those charges listed!! And nowhere did I ever sign agreeing to this... I want to get in a class action lawsuit against this company... If one starts in Illinois I am in... I see other states have class action suits against Ditech. I don't understand how the BBB allows this company to operate.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My issue with Ditech is regarding payments. I am in excellent standing with my mortgage, never a late payment. I'm 65 and have been sending extra payments in and Ditech has not applied my addition payments to the principal. I've had, as of today 4 conversations with this greedy company, about these extra payments. For instance in June 018 I sent them my monthly payment and the other two were processed as regular payments when I've clearly stated ALL EXTRA PAYMENTS ARE PRINCIPAL ONLY. They still have not straightened out this nightmare. Oh, judgment passed for Ditech chapter 11 and now they just changed a word or two in the name and continue to do business. Their portfolio have been reduced by almost 50% by regulators, enforcement agencies and state and federal agencies. Read their public financial and report. It's pathetic. Suggestions on how to proceed?

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Made the mistake of refinancing my mortgage through Ditech. Mortgage Writer got the address wrong on the application so first monthly billing did not show up at my house. Called Ditech and corrected the address. Sent payment immediately. Payment arrived 1 day late due to their agent's screw up. Now Ditech is reporting to the Credit Bureaus that I have a late payment and my credit score has dropped nearly 100 points. Have called, written letters to them and they refuse to correct the credit report. In fact, they refuse to even let me speak with their credit reporting department. Will try contacting the credit bureaus next, but guessing I will need to sue Ditech. Good news is that the law allows treble damages plus costs for the damages I have incurred which are substantial as my personal credit score affects my business cost of credit. Bad news is what a hassle.

Original review: June 11, 2018

The customer representative had courtesy etiquette, however I did not feel attended to or valued. Upon receiving a huge miscalculation of an escrow shortage ($2517.15), I was not given the option of speaking with an analyst or a manager. VERY DISAPPOINTED at the magnitude of this calculation and at no fault of my own... I am in the process of writing letters in the hope that more equitable escrow calculations will be made and that I will be notified of amounts that might be considered as significant as this one was. Over $2500 is significant. As a responsible and prompt bill payer, I expect to be treated respectfully and equitably. This significant miscalculation has me scrutinizing every single "jot or tittle" coming from Ditech and I plan to research other companies. This calculation should have been caught early and I should have been notified earlier than I was. Not good, not good business at all.

Original review: June 4, 2018

We were selling an investment property mortgaged by Ditech. We had questions about it and were given different wrong answers repeatedly. Heads of customer service departments and other upper level staff promised to research our issue and call us back - they never did. These folks lie to get off the phone, then don't take your call when you try to call them back and leave messages. They are truly a terrible, horrendous company. God help you if they ever take over your mortgage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial, LLC?

Original review: May 24, 2018

My monthly mortgage payment has been on time, if not early. This time, I have overlooked the payment and made on the 17th of the month. That is when they start to charge the late fee. As a long time customer who has always made prompt payments, I called them for a one time courtesy waiver. Ditech refused. The customer service says that it is their strict policy to charge the late fee and it cannot be waived. This is very disappointing. I am speechless. So much as so that I nearly cried. I just want Ditech customers to know, that they do not value their customers as much as you think.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Ditech kept $13,000 of money that they had no claim to and deposited it in a Ditech account. The money was a settlement check from our Homeowners Insurance Company for out of pocket expenses we had repairing damage from a fire. Ditech was put on the check by the insurance company as they are listed as having a security interest by virtue of the mortgage. They did not, however, have any interest in the reimbursement funds as the repairs had already been done and they were provided certification from the contractor that all mechanic liens had been satisfied. Ditech essentially deposited the funds rather than endorsing the check and returning it to us.

Original review: May 22, 2018

My mortgage has been with Ditech Financial for several years, most of which I have been dissatisfied with their customer service. On 4/9/18, I mistakenly sent a check made payable to my Homeowner Association for $1550.00 to Ditech and they applied it to my escrow. When I discovered the mistake on 5/4/18, I contacted Ditech and upon their request, on 5/7/18 faxed to them the proof that the check was not payable to them and was told I would receive a prompt return of the money. I have called on three separate occasions since then and still nothing. Today, 5/21/18 I received a letter from Ditech stating they are looking into the matter and I should receive a written response in 30 days. Really!!! The proof was submitted promptly. This is totally unacceptable and just another reason to look elsewhere for a mortgage company that puts their customers first. Stay away from Ditech!!!

Original review: May 20, 2018

My mortgage, which has never been paid 1 day late in the 10 years that I have owned this house, has been sold a few times and I am currently with Ditech. I feel like they are scamming me. They added Hazard Insurance a few years back and due to this, my escrow is always short. This year was short money but no-one else I know (including my neighbors) has hazard insurance AND homeowners insurance. I hope I get it back when the eventual class action lawsuit comes along.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Very frustrating working with customer service. On my last payment (when I only owed a half payment to finish my mortgage) - the customer service agent refused to apply my payment telling me I owed a full payment. I could not get her to understand that if I owe less than a full payment - I should not make a full payment. She told me someone would follow up with me - which never happened. I complained on their website and they said someone would follow up with me - just received a generic email... Very poor customer service by people who don't understand!

Original review: May 15, 2018

Ditech is my Mortgage servicing agent. They sent me a letter stating my escrow account is short and I would need to pay an additional $646.91 or $53.91 per month. When I called to ask why this was the case, I was told that my homeowner's insurance increased. I told them that it had not. They said "your property was re-evaluated and your taxes have increased". I told them that my taxes have not changed. My insurance has not changed. After a about 10 minutes back and forth on the phone, the representative stated that it looks like Ditech is paying my second installment of my tax bill a month early, (1st payment in June, second payment in November, not December) and that is creating a shortage in my escrow account. I asked if it was customary to change the dates, and their answer was "no your municipality changed the due date on second installment".

Since then, I've contacted my tax assessor and asked when my tax due dates are and whether or not they changed it recently. Tax assessor stated my tax is due June and December and has not changed recently. I went to my loan originator and asked to check into things and see where the error lies. They came up with the same result, that Ditech has created the shortage by electing to pay second tax installment only 5 months after the first. Ditech has even admitted to doing this but has yet to correct the error. In the meantime I have continued to make my original mortgage payment amount. Ditech has stated that my mortgage payment is short the extra amount and will sit in a non-allocated account until I pay the extra amount plus late fees, and have been reporting to credit agencies that I am more than 30 days past due.

Additionally, I have received several letters from Ditech stating that my account is in default and subject to foreclosure. When I call, I am routed to collections, and asked to pay 2 months' worth of mortgage payment, because the checks I send are getting cashed (sitting in non-disbursed account) but not being credited to my account. I have spoken to several representatives from Ditech, and each time I was told that they would look into it with the right department, and call me back the next day. I have yet to get a single call from Ditech Financial. I am not sure where this will end up, but if any one has a similar situation and looking for a class action, I would be willing to join. This company is greedy and will do anything to extort money from homeowners. I can't get rid off them, but anyone thinking of using Ditech Financial, you have been warned. Absolutely worst company ever.

Original review: May 7, 2018

DITECH FINANCIAL has used loan modification fraud against me... they are trying to use terror against me and my family thru spam, junk mail, and computer viruses... STAY AWAY FROM THESE... people? If you are involved in any way with them even working there, dig yourself out now.

Original review: May 4, 2018

If it's at all possible for anyone not to use this mortgage company please don't. This has to be the absolute worst company ever. My mom was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2013 which me, my husband and children move in to help her due to her not being able to work anymore. Me and my husband began to make mortgage payments and try to catch up on late fees. Fast forward my mother dies, no will in the process but she gave full authorize before her death to the bank about the situation. I made payment after payment very large payment some totaling $1,800 for a monthly payment. They asked me repeatedly to send her death certificate which I did, go to probate court and send documents. How can I afford $1,800 monthly payments plus a $4,000 lawyer.

Fast forward 5 years later they are still giving me a hard time. I filed a chapter 13 to save our family home, my lawyer has sent proof of the bank working with me and my husband. They still will not assist us. I have damaged my credit!!! The bank has no remorse nor care for families at all. My mother paid her mortgage on time until she got sick. This bank needs a civil suit for discrimination, not handling accounts properly and charging extra late fees for no reason. They have investors trying to take people homes as soon as you become delinquent. That's why they want you to lose your homes. Ditech is the worst company to handled any business with.

Original review: May 2, 2018

My property taxes equal $3013 this year and I'm paying in excess of $4000 yet they keep claiming that I have a shortage in my Escrow account, this is been going on for the last four years, has anybody else had this experience with Ditech?

Original review: May 1, 2018

Please explain to me that I’ve called Ditech two weeks in a row trying to make a payment and every extension I hit tells me it’s invalid. I’ve had nothing but problems with this mortgage company with the mishandling my money. I wanted do is make a payment. No one called back. No one answers phones. I have contacted everyone and anyone for help. From the senator of New Jersey, to channel 12, to lawyers, new seven what is it take.

Original review: April 20, 2018

My mom had a stroke in July of 2016 which put her in a financial crisis due my sister (who lives with her and shared in the household expenses) having to quit her job to take care of her. The stroke not only affected mom's ability to care for herself but rendered her unable to manage her finances. I (her other daughter) had to take over the finances and reached out to many of her creditors, explained the situation and was able to get them to work with her to ensure she could continue to meet her financial obligations within reason considering her circumstances. We reached out to Ditech to apply for a loan modification, we encountered the worst customer service. Below is the letter we sent to Ditech explaining what happened.

"To Ditech Customer Service Department. I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with the customer service I received from Ditech. I submitted a request for a loan modification in November 2016 and as of today 9/26/2017, I have not received anything pertaining to the status of my request. I am truly disappointed and frustrated with the service (or lack thereof) I have received concerning my request. It has been almost a year since I submitted my request (a number of times). Below is a timeline that lists my attempts to get answers pertaining to my request: 11/12/16: Submitted (via fax) loan modification package with hardship letter. I suffered a stroke in July 2016 which caused some major financial set-backs including my daughter having to quit her full-time job to care for me. 11/23/16: Inquiry (through Ditech's online portal) inquiring about my request.

11/23/16: Response from Denise ** (Underwriting) that I needed to contact Servicing. 11/25/16: Contacted Ditech by phone and was instructed to resubmit my 41-page package again via email at **. 11/28/16: Submitted another ticket (through Ditech's online portal) inquiring about my request and received a confirmation of my submission. 11/28/16: Received a Sharefile notice that my case was assigned to Abby at **. 11/28/16: Contacted Abby ** and was asked to resubmit my 41-page package to herself and Shenika **. 12/2/16: Received a phone call from Mary (stationed in Jacksonville, Fl) stating that she was assigned to my case and requested additional documentation (4506-T and page 6 of my package) be submitted before my application can be reviewed.

This information was already submitted twice but I resubmitted it anyway. In addition, due to some cognitive deficits I suffered from my stroke, I asked Mary (and provided a written request) requesting that she or anyone from Ditech address future matters concerning my case with my daughter “Tracey **”. 12/7/16: I was contacted by Mary again (not Tracey) and was asked to submit additional documentation (property tax statement 2016-2017) which was already submitted by fax and email. Again, I asked her to contact my daughter Tracey ** concerning my case. 12/16/16: Another online inquiry was submitted via Ditech’s online portal again inquiring about the status of my request and I received nothing except and email confirmation of receipt… nothing else.

For the next few months up to March 2017, Mary and a few other reps have continued to contact me (instead of my daughter Tracey) on many occasions requesting additional documentation that was previously submitted a number of times. These calls were taken by my other daughter who referred them all to Tracey who continued to provide Mary and other reps with the requested information and documentation. At that time, we had no choice but to discontinue perusing answers and solicit financial assistance from family and friends in order to continue to pay my mortgage. Since March 2017, I nor my daughter has received any response pertaining to my loan application. I can’t help but to conclude that I was given the run-around the entire time in order to stall my case and avoid assisting me with my need.

I recently made another attempt to apply for refinancing so I can at least gain control of my financial situation and begin to repay those who have been helping me financially… but of course, I WAS DENIED! I am diligently seeking other financial institutions for my financial needs while continuing to warn others not to sign with Ditech." Needless to say, Ditech replied to the letter telling us that she needed to reapply all over again. At this point, we are working towards applying for refinancing with another mortgage lender.

Original review: April 18, 2018

We're currently going through a nightmare with this company. We're at the end of a 20 year mortgage, and we've had autopay from day one. For the final payment, their computer must have realized that we didn't owe the full amount, so there was no automatic debit from our bank. I waited to be contacted for the closeout paperwork, but got a late notice instead, saying we owed the regular full payment. I called three times, and each time, after explaining the issue, the call center employee said they understood and it was their error.

I finally found someone who could tell me the correct amount of the payoff and sent the check. But in the meantime, we've been getting late notices, collection phone calls, offers for financial counseling, and now I see they dinged our very good credit score. These guys are completely incompetent and the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing. I've sent them a message saying I want to talk to someone in legal. If they don't pony up, correct their mistakes, and admit their errors; we're going to be forced to sue.

Original review: April 17, 2018

My husband and I were pre-approved by Ditech for a mortgage. We supplied all of the documentation they requested ASAP. They repeatedly requested more documentation from two different departments "for underwriting." We were receiving conflicting phone calls and emails from both departments: they seemed to not be communicating with each other and did not have a clue as to what documentation had been sent/received. Every time we spoke with Cindy ** or Cara ** they had conflicting stories and complete lack of answers as to why the process was taking so long and why it was so confusing. They lied to us about needing documents and about not receiving documents.

The title company sent them the property title as requested, however both departments claimed they were still waiting on it long after it was verified as sent by the title company. The realtor himself verified that it had been sent out almost two weeks after Ditech agents were still claiming they did not have it. It was a constant struggle and we were constantly lied to and talked down to in a very condescending manner by Cindy ** who had the nerve to interrupt my husband mid sentence to tell him that the real estate agent wasn't THE realtor.

Maybe she was trying to say the real estate agent wasn't THE broker, but she was obviously rude and idiotic about it. Meanwhile, she had no idea that she had several documents in her files that she claimed we didn't submit. It was a mess. It was exhausting. In the end, they did not give us the loan but we actually sighed of relief because of how poorly we had been treated. We were approved with a local lender - much happier with the treatment also.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I recently had to step in and manage my parents' finances as they're getting up in years, and my mother was diagnosed with dementia. As I am paying their bills, I noticed that Ditech has an 'amount due' in bold letters at the top of their statement-and when I called them, the automated system give me the information that my payment was due and the amount was the same as the amount in bold at the top of my statement. HOWEVER, the actual payment of principal, interest and escrow is actually $35.00 LESS than the 'payment due'.

They are actually charging $34.95 per month to my parents' account as "Optional Insurance/Other Products". Wait, What??? If it's optional, then WHY is it in the total amount due? I'm sure my parents have been paying for this for YEARS due to Ditech's tricks. I called and spoke with a customer service representative today. He was unable to explain to me what the insurance/other products consisted of. This is purely taking advantage of senior citizens and honestly makes me ill! How many other seniors are out there making their payments without knowing about this "optional" charge? Shame on you Ditech! I do plan on reporting this to the BBB, and anyone else who will listen-maybe it will make a difference in making a change.

Original review: April 13, 2018

In 2017 I requested a change to my mortgage during an unemployment period. Ditech repeatedly lost the documents I sent repeatedly, did not upload any documents timely, repeatedly sent me an incorrectly-done pdf and alleged they were not allowed to send me a correct form to fill out. In addition, this is before they hired many new employees. It was not unusual to be on hold for nearly an hour waiting for someone to answer, or to have phone calls disconnect. When asking for a supervisor, I got someone who validated all that I said, but could not receive or respond to comms. In addition, I was told “never send emails, nobody is managing them.” This company just sent a response to Oregon DOJ/me that is, essentially, a lie. I have cancer. I don’t have TIME for this bull. So I am putting in a public accounting of this subsidiary of Greenpath for all to find and see. Last resort: if a company will not deal honestly, then expose them.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I had been enrolled in a biweekly autopay plan with Ditech. In January, they've canceled the biweekly option (saves consumers money and not them) and with it they've also canceled my autopay. They claim they've sent out a letter to inform me, however, no such letter came. I didn't realize this until a thug called me from their collections department, sounding like a mafia operative demanding "money today". I have asked to speak with a supervisor, which was not available. Having to call back later, they informed me what happened, and assured me my credit score would not be affected. Of course I've paid the overdue amount the same day, and set up a bill payer from my bank. However, now a month later my credit score has plummeted into the red and it's due to Ditech error, not mine. Of course they refused to rectify the situation. Stay away from this useless company!

Original review: April 10, 2018

I was $50 dollar short on last 2 payments. They rolled it over to the next month & reported me to credit bureau which drop me 150 points as bad debt. I called them up and they said, "You are $100 behind." I said, "For that you put me from good to poor credit after being a good customer for the last 12 years never missing a payment." They said, "Pay the $100 dollars..." So I did & then told me, "There is nothing we can do for your credit report." I said, "You made an inquiry to Trans Union about debt and lucky split my credit went down... So make another inquiry, tell them the debt is paid. To raise credit score." "No we don't do that and that just the way it is." To me, Ditech seem like a money hungry Co. If you're looking for a mortgage Co I would pass this one by.

Original review: April 10, 2018

We recently had a house fire and are unable to live in our house. I had read where often mortgage companies will work with you and defer your mortgage payment a month or two. So my husband called them to see if we had this option. The person he spoke with flat out said no... the only reason he gave was because our loan was a Fannie Mae loan. Not sure what that has to do with it and apparently neither did the agent. So we tried to do the right thing and contact them and ask for help and they just shut us down. Thanks so much Ditech for all your help.

Original review: April 7, 2018

We have a 2nd mortgage that was originally with Greentree that was assumed by Ditech, I have been paying my normal payment plus an additional $1100-$1200 a month towards principal to get it paid off. I tried to this online but it was never applied correctly. The customer serv reps said I would need to call in to make sure it was applied correctly, well guess what - it never is. Sometimes they apply 100% of it to principal and sometimes the apply all of it to interest and sometimes it's a mix and I have no clue what is what.

They called me yesterday asking when I was going to make my March payment because I was going to be reported to the credit bureau as being late. I said - "I paid it March 23rd on time and another $1100 to principal as well." Guess what, they applied it all to principal so therefore I am late even though it's their fault AND they have my money. I have since called in 3 times and it's still not fixed but they told me today no worries, they will reverse the negative reporting on my credit report - as if I have faith in them to do that!! I am so tired of dealing with them, I don't recommend them and I will be figuring out this weekend how to roll it over into my first with my local bank or how to get it paid off now. What a joke of a company who have incompetent policies and people who can't take and apply payments correctly.

Original review: April 6, 2018

With direct money withdrawal so that my payment is never late. It came to the end of the home loan mortgage with only one more payment due and they would not take it out of my account. Instead they slammed me with a late fee and harassing mail saying they are going to foreclose, after talking with them and getting a payoff amount which has to be made with a money order or certified check. So if you use them pay off early.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I had to recently close and reopen my bank account with Wells Fargo because it had been hacked into. I had an automatic monthly payment arrangement with Ditech so I called them immediately and requested that they not use the closed account and provided my new account number for future payments. One week later when the payment was due they took two payments. My bank called them in my presence and confirmed that they had taken one payment too many. Nearly three weeks later, I am still waiting to be re-reimbursed some $1,320.

What really gets me is that I have spoken to several customer service representatives and it has become apparent that they do not care. Try to find a supervisor to speak with and they are not there. The employees at Ditech I have attempted to work with are rude, non-caring and incompetent. I will be attempting to reach out to their interim COO Jeff Baker to resolve this if he is not in hiding. He is the 5th COO in two years. No wonder. Avoid doing business with these people at all costs. I will get my money back from these **.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Ditech Financial has been servicing my home mortgage for a number of years. We have had an escrow account for these past years. This year, because we elected to prepay our property taxes, Ditech owes me over $2500 in excess escrow funds. I was notified of this excess in January of 2018, and have been trying for 3 months to get a check issued to me. I have called at least 6 times, and each time I am told that there was an error, and my paperwork needs to be resubmitted.

Meanwhile, because of this problem, I have submitted a request to close my escrow account. I am continuing to pay the full mortgage, while Ditech evaluates my request, which I am told can take 1.5 months!!! Meanwhile, I continue to give Ditech the full payment, including the escrow amount. It does not make sense that I have to give Ditech funds, that they can hold, probably earn interest on, while I wait and wait and wait for the funds they owe me. I do not know if there is anything you can do to help me.

Original review: March 29, 2018

My area was impacted by Hurricane Irma back in September. My mortgage company Ditech offered me a forbearance plan for 6 months, I appreciated the gesture because that would give me a little room to work on my home repairs. After 3 months I started making partial payment to cover interest and escrows, the process was not easy because their system doesn't update the information so I had to call everything but that was ok, I wanted to catch up, then I noticed that my credit report took a 70 point free fall, Ditech reported me as late for 90 days. I opened disputes with the 3 credit bureau, called several times and their CSR are so rude and short that I couldn't believe it. I still waiting for a response. Does anyone had experience something like this, what should I do best.

Original review: March 18, 2018

A few months ago, they sent a letter out to all of us stating they "mistakenly" took out an additional payment for the month of January! I tried to log on to the website today and it lets me log in, but then says "error, try again later", so I cannot see the status of my payments! The times I have written to them, they just sent regular letters stating they "have received my message and will get back to me" - has been going on for years. So, recently I called them as well to inquire about PMI removal. The guy was extremely rude and kept putting me on hold. Told me to fax them (he couldn't give me the answer so that was the only answer he could come up with). I sent a snail mail letter to request the information a few weeks ago. I've never missed a payment in 10 years and 5 months. Frustrating.

Updated on 03/22/2018: I am trying to follow up on my snail mail via their messaging system which is no use anyway, but there is an "ERROR" message, so it doesn't allow me to send a message this way. Previously when I've sent a message, I just receive repeated letters in the mail from them stating "they've received my message and are working on a resolution" - for about 2 years, a letter every month. Laughable!

Original review: March 16, 2018

My mortgage was sold to Ditech about 6 years ago. Since then, my escrow account has been short of $400 give or take each year and they do a Wall Street estimate of your taxes which constitutes according to them, why your escrow account is short, in conjunction with my mortgage payments escalating every year even when I made extra payments towards my mortgage each month. Also, they have misallocated money that was specifically designated for extra mortgage payments and they would put it into an escrow account that I did not authorize and when you called to get the money put back in the mortgage principal, they said it would take 5 days for it to get put into the appropriate account which it shouldn't because it's all computerized and all they have to do is move funds from one account to another and it should not take 5 days to do that. Some of the customer service representatives are extremely rude!

I can't wait to get my home paid off so I can get away from them as far as I can get. There is no reason for my mortgage payment each month to go up every year and when I was with my last mortgage company my payments were a lot less and I always would have a little something coming back out of my escrow account at the end of the year but not with Ditech.

Very rarely have ever seen anything come out of it. I think maybe just once and it was 30 bucks and that was it and that only happened once so the money is going somewhere but where I don't know and when I told him I would file a formal complaint against them for misallocating and misappropriating funds they got a little nervous and they hurried up and got another supervisor on the line name Geneva just sit there and throw the BS at me and tell me that it was okay that the funds that they were not clear about where they should go and I said somebody should have called me and I would have clarified where they could have gone and of course they had an excuse for that like they do for everything else. Stay away from this company as far as you can get!

Ditech Financial Company Information