Ditech Financial

We are in the business of helping Americans realize the dream of home ownership. The irony is that while buying a home can be a joyful and uplifting experience, getting a mortgage can be anything but. We aim to change that.

Our purpose: securing the American Dream
Our approach: helpful, responsive, efficient and fair
Our values: honesty, responsibility, transparency and creativity

Our promise: to put your needs first!

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I contacted Ditech Customer Service department on multiple occasions to request a copy of my Amortization Schedule. On May 23, 2017 I spoke with a representative and was advised that I would receive the documents in 3-5 business days. A follow-up call was made on May 30, 2017 and again I was told it would take 3-5 business days. However, when another call was made on June 7, 2017 I was informed that the previous representatives did not process the requests correctly and it would take 3 business days to process my request and an additional 7-10 business days to receive the documents. I spoke to a number of customer service representatives including a supervisor (Tiffany, Hosea, Erica, etc.) and was finally told that a request to expedite the documents would be made and the documents would be sent to me via email the next day, and a hard copy would be sent in the mail.

To date, I have still not received any documents. Another follow-up call was made on 6/9/17 and I spoke with Mardritta who stated that the documents had been sent via email. I told the representative that I had still not received the documents and she put in another request. On 6/14/17 I called Ditech Customer Service again and spoke with Velica who rudely disconnected the call when I asked the status of my documents. I called back again and spoke with Valerie who stated that the records indicated that a number of requests had already been made. However, to date I have still not received a copy of my Amortization Schedule. I am very dissatisfied with the lack of service that I've received and the inability to process a simple customer request. I would like to have a copy of my Amortization Schedule emailed to me at ** and a hard copy sent to my home at **.

Ditech isn't in the lending business. They're in the real estate business. If you have any problems making the payment, their only concern is how they can acquire your home. They refuse to return any calls. And when you are lucky enough to reach someone they either leave you on eternal hold or they aren't the person you need to speak to so they transfer you and the person's voicemail is full and can't take any more messages. That proves they don't even check their voicemail. What a nightmare!

After 11 years of never missing a payment, Ditech has reported me as being late on a payment. I had spoken to a customer service representative who had told me that if the payment was made by the 31st of the month then I was going to be fine on my account. This was not the case. Ever since Ditech took over the loan I have had problems getting on the automatic withdrawal system. After 7 months of fighting it, and fighting it the last call I received was to collect the monthly payment, which in retrospect, I should have done because now they have reported me as having a late payment.

Now my credit score has gone down by 100 points. When I called and asked them if they could remove it they said no. Of course I then ask to be transferred to a manager only to be transferred to a voicemail. The manager never called me back which I expected period. I gave them two days to return my phone call and nothing happened. I called back and asked again for it to be removed off my credit score and even offered to pay 6 months as a good-faith payment to prove that I am worth what I say I am.

Shame on the first employee of Ditech who called me and assured me that I would have no repercussions as long as I were to pay it by the 31st. Shame on Ditech for not believing or backing its customers especially customers with a long history of making on-time payments. Do not do business with Ditech. If your loan is sold to Ditech find a new company to go with.

Last year my husband passed away suddenly. Our home payment was current. We were married for over 30 years. Green Tree/Ditech was notified. They do not record all calls, just the ones where they don't threaten you. Before 30 days was up Ditech refused to speak to me about my home, because it was only in my husband's name. However, they requested his death certificate. I provided this. Since we lived in a 50-50 state and we had mortgage insurance on the home things should have been covered. Ditech refused to let me take over the account. They told me I had no standing, that I was squatting and they would send the sheriff out to put me out of the house. This is within 30 days after my husband's death.

I told them that I would need at least 3 months to settle cleaning out the house, as now I was Homeless. They said nothing. Of course I couldn't afford a lawyer and find another place to live in California. So I had to move to another state where I could afford to live. Each month for the past year they have sent me bills on the house that I have had nothing to do with for over a year. Repeated phone calls to Ditech have resulted in only one "recorded" call telling me that they weren't going to sue me on the house because I wasn't on the paperwork.

Needless to say they just started to foreclose on the house, I could have been living in, it had been empty for over a year now. Now they have transferred the account to Shellpoint mortgaging servicing. The phone number on the letter for them is invalid. I have a bad heart, no medical insurance and live in a home without a working bathroom. I want them to stop harassing me, stop sending me bills on a house they threw me out of, I sick and tired of this cowardly outfit. Emotionally it has been devastating as well as physically and financially.

Several customer representatives have given me different information as far as the procedure is concerned for an insurance claim check being made payable to both homeowner and mortgage company. They actually are requesting that I endorse a $22,000.00 check before I send it to them. I had to laugh. Well, based on the agents I have spoken with, they are reading a typed format based on the question at hand and can vary from it obviously, and I can guarantee that the check will not be returned if I followed their contradictory guidelines. One actually was yelling at me when I requested I speak to her manager.

I was then told to call back after being on hold for 10 minutes to speak to someone who can actually help me. I informed the representative they can call me. This is absolutely the worst mortgage company on earth. They do not care about the customer and obviously are understaffed or hire people who do not have customer service experience. I could actually hear the conversations of other representatives over the one I had to talk to on the telephone. What a joke. I will certainly be seeking the services of a more reputable mortgage company tomorrow. This company should be closed down immediately.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial, LLC?

Our loan was sold to Green Tree and then Ditech. Both were/are horrible in regard to customer service and PROPERLY POSTING PAYMENTS! My husband and I have been making extra payments to PRINCIPAL and they keep improperly posting the payments to the NEXT MONTH'S payment! When I'd mail the coupon via US mail and highlight in yellow "extra principal" they still messed it up. Then, they finally started offering online payment without a fee, so we've been doing that from the start -- same problem. I've spent HOURS on the phone speaking with their customer service "supervisors" who swear they'll research it, get it straightened out, and get back to me.

I've asked to speak to a manager and they play gatekeeper -- not allowing me to be transferred to a manager (vs. a call center supervisor). I've been complaining repeatedly, almost since day one (over two years!) and have only received one or two callbacks, with them leaving a voicemail with their name and phone number and no additional info that they've corrected the problem I've complained about. I call them again, and never get anywhere. It's a joke. I have received several canned form letters from them stating they're "investigating" it and will get back to me in writing within 30 days, as required by law, but they never do! We would refinance to get away from Ditech, but it wouldn't be cost effective given the amount left on our loan. Their business practices are terrible and I would never do business with them again.

Well guess what folks, you can file a complaint with the CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau). I've read the numerous similar complaints about this company and the only way it seems to sink in with incompetent companies is to hit them where it hurts -- their bottom line. ***I encourage everyone to file a complaint with the CFPB!*** I also encourage you to call your state and federal level US senators and representatives! Ditech is required to have "branch licenses" in each state (they're headquartered in MN), so call your state elected officials as well. Also, call your state attorney general and file a complaint for deceptive and unfair business practices. Find your elected officials at every level on non partisan www.votesmart.org. Type your zip (plus four if you have it) in the search field.

I absolutely despise this company. We borrowed $35000, 11 years ago and owe $55000 because they put us in a balloon mortgage. I'm currently trying to get my home refinanced and pray to God that I can get away from their corrupt dealings. Quite honestly I have no idea how they stay in business. They take advantage of consumers and they have the absolute worst customer service ever!

Beware when dealing with this company. If they make a verbal promise to you to do something, get it in writing. During my dealings with them, promises were made, and when I asked for written confirmation I was told by their rep Andrew ** "that's not the way we do things here". So I took him at his word. In the end, it cost me $3000 by trusting this man. Now if I want what I was promised, I have to take them to court, which I plan on doing since everything was recorded. Buyer beware.

Sent in May house payment with 2 checks in the same envelope, both with my account number. They cashed both but only applied the smaller one to my account. I called them and they said they could not find the check that THEY cashed. I emailed them a copy of both sides of the missing cashed check. They still can't find it. They gave me a direct link to send in the copy of the check. Still nothing. When I ask that the late fee be waived once they correct their error they say maybe. Looks like fraud to me. I also update my new phone number every time I speak with them and they never put it in the system. Stunning incompetence combined with nasty customer service. Stay far, far away from this company!

When Ditech bought my mortgage from another company they kept accepting my auto payment from my bank and within a couple months they refused to accept my bank check, kicked the Bank check back to the Bank, charged me for a late payment, and reported this late payment to the credit bureaus. They had decided to refuse to use my old mort account number and switch to theirs. OK, after correcting this and making the payment, they recognized that this had happened to many others and they removed the late payment fee and returned me to good standing. They also agreed to send a letter to the credit bureaus indicating what happened, to remove that late payment from my record, given the circumstances that was no fault of my own.

After 9 months of calls, and promises, and a written request by me, they just now have told me they have no intention to write any kind of a letter to help correct this record and admit no fault or how this could have happened. I also understand there is a law that protects consumers from this kind of treatment when a loan has been transferred, and the consumer is fined for late payment due to loan transfer and changes in account. I'm steamed and have made a BBB complaint. We shall see how far that goes. But looking at the total one star ratings, I'm not alone. I'm refinancing now and will NEVER have anything to do with this terrible company ever again, making sure the new mortgage brokers will not work with Ditech or anyone who does.

This company is so far the worst out there, very rude and disrespectful, they will call you three weeks before payment is due and harass you terribly. They have called my mother names and disrespected her so bad that she would cry. If they just one more time disrespect my mother, I will personally fly up to their home office and will meet that person and will personally slap the ** out of them and stomp their ass. No one will ever disrespect my mother nor any of my family members ever again. I'm in the process of refinancing our home away from these sorry crooked bastards. Please don't deal with this company, they have been caught already with fraud and illegal money laundering. Sorriest bunch of folks and sorriest company ever.

I'm so unhappy w/ this company. They call your phone multiple times a day. They recently deposited 2 of my postdated checks when they're not supposed to, no one caught this. And they don't care if they put you in a bind. My bank said those checks will kickback on their end and they will be the ones paying FEES. I'll be so happy when I'm done with them, would not suggest this company to ANYONE!!!

Loan origination. Caution, caution, caution! The purpose of this piece is to share my experiences with others about Ditech's business practices as it relates to loan origination. In my case I was looking at the feasibility of refinancing my existing home mortgage with them. Background: I have an existing 30 year fixed rate mortgage, 4.125% serviced by Ditech who have recently changed their brand name from Greentree, who in turn had previously conducted business as GMAC Mortgage (now defunct). Not a good sign when your brand is so bad that you have to change your name!

My home is a generic 3 bed, two car garage, ranch home in the Midwest described by ESRI GPS as HH02 Suburban Splendor, so a fine desirable location. The property is nearly 35 years old and as you can imagine has a few projects that could do with repair, replacement - bathrooms and siding being the two main projects that interest me.

Phase 1 (Charm offensive, low closing fees, no points - the bait). After several approaches from Ditech (mail & email) entreating me to consider refinancing my existing mortgage with them, I began a preliminary conversation with the loan origination person (salesman). Needless to say, this was a pleasant experience with all sorts of assurances about confidentiality of sensitive, personal and financial information. And I am informed, confidently, that (the bait) due to my existing status as a current Ditech mortgage customer, I would not have to pay excessive closing costs and no points! And so based on this understanding I worked with him filling in the initial information - age, income, wealth, location of house, age, condition, value of the property etc. All Information subject to later confirmation to Ditech's satisfaction. And based on the information provided and various ratios etc., everything looking good... fair enough.

Phase 2 (The process). I am now introduced (passed to) the loan closer who speaks with a strange accent but assures me that she is physically located in the eastern USA. My time with the cheerful salesperson is now at an end. She informs me that for the process to proceed, I need to sign off on several documents (this does not commit me to anything I am assured). These will provide me with the details of the loan (including the loan summary) and provide permission for Ditech to trigger next steps including running credit reports, arranging for property valuations, inspections, title searches etc. Meanwhile I am to provide various documents to them including W2, income verification, etc which I supply promptly.

We now come to the first hurdle. The ratio of net worth to outstanding debt is 54% which, I am informed, removes me as a candidate for this type of loan (I smell a rat and mention to her that this sounds like code for this costing me more, but I am assured this is not the case). She tells me that if I am prepared to divert some of the cash out proceeds from the re-finance then would reduce this ratio to below the level needed and make me eligible again for the loan (it does indeed with room to spare). Now I'm ok with this because part of the motivation to do the deal is to eliminate some CC debt and their monthly payments. The math being that I retire $6,700 in cc debt at 22% or so and replace with new debt at 4.625% (the new mortgage interest an increase of 0.5%) and so get retire about $500 per month on cc payments and replace with an addition of $150 in monthly mortgage payments... you see the appeal.

Of interest is that one of the credit card balances in the credit report does not actually appear on the actual credit report (I learn this from a conversation with Equifax the credit reporting agency used by Ditech) but does appear on the credit report they have on me. Strange! I know nothing of this supposed debt however research reveals this to be a zombie debt purchaser. Ditech wants me to participate in a 3-way telco conversation with their credit agency (a 3rd party not Ditech) and the alleged owner of this supposed debt. With a view to settle this matter before we can move forward! Despite the fact that even with this supposed debt, the net worth to debt ratio is acceptable for the loan. I decline this opportunity. The summary of closing cost runs to $4,400 of which about $2,300 is escrow which I already have built up with the existing mortgage so the net new closing costs are about $2,100.

Phase 3 (The close, the switch). Next comes the home appraisal (their appraiser, not mine although I will be paying the fee if the mortgage closes) comes in at $265k vs the $280k placeholder amount so off by 5% a common occurrence. As an aside a house in the same court is on sale for $380k albeit it newly renovated but still shows the attractiveness of the location. And this puts the value to loan ratio at around 50% (a LTV of 80% is considered good so 50% is excellent). She then runs the figures again and they come back with closing costs of $9,800 vs the original $4,400 with two totally new items appearing from thin air. One for closing costs, the other for points which if you recall were explicitly not included in my initial conversations with the salesman! Nor do they appear in the original summary of costs. Hmmmm.

The reason now given is that the difference of $15k between the placeholder. $280k and appraised value of $265k triggers the introduction of these new species of costs. No explanations given. I have now been switched to a new species of loan. And despite my suggesting that this is the case I am assured by her, that it has not the case. This despite subtle clues in the formatting and position of details of the newly revised documents like the new summary of costs, etc. These indicate that Ditech are indeed working on a different loan from our original conversation and mutual understandings... and so our discussion came to end.

Phase 4 (Aftermath). If you find yourself in discussion with this organization, be very, very cautious and pay particular attention to all the details and insist that they explain everything to you to your satisfaction. Make them slow down when they talk to you. And make them reveal the math behind what they say. Such as how new costs can be slipped into the deal right at the point where you are being asked to go ahead and sign the documents that commit you to the mortgage and the associated costs. Beware of doing business with this organization. They are predatory and deceiving. Good luck.

I own a home with my brother. I am 35% owner on the deed not on the mortgage. The company let my brother without my knowledge refi out my 35% share of the home and his and add 10 years and an 80000 dollar balloon on the back of the home without my knowledge. I didn't even get a phone call or a letter to let me know this was happening. I lost my life savings and when you call them they say they can't release any info to me. I've been in court for over 2 years now with them. They didn't even care I owned the home.

Ditech has wrecked my near-perfect credit rating by not adequately alerting as to the need to re-apply for autopay of mortgage payments when it refinanced my long-standing Ditech mortgage and Ditech refuses to help me correct the misleading lowering of my credit reliability score they have caused me to suffer. For years Ditech Financial had permission and did in fact deduct my monthly mortgage payments from my checking account automatically on the first day of each month. When I refinanced the mortgage at Ditech's invitation, I received a ream of paperwork to complete along with numerous phone calls and FedEx delivered documents (due to an error on Ditech's part, admitted by them, documents were not received timely).

None of these papers contained an autopay authorization form when Ditech could have easily included one or made some additional effort to assure this long-standing method of payment would continue with the new mortgage as Ditech would continue to service. I was out of state for about two months and learned to my horror that my mortgage payments were delinquent/past due and later that this caused my credit rating to drop from 820 to 712!!! Ditech refuses to admit its failure of customer service on this issue and refuses to make any communication to the credit bureaus to correct this unfairness. Ditech has negligently FAILED TO ADEQUATELY ALERT its senior customers of the autopay issue which could have easily been done by Ditech providing an authorization in the stack of forms sent for completion of refinancing.

Ditech's customer service representatives have been getting many complaints to this effect from many customers, but quickly snap, "It is not Ditech's responsibility to provide such a form" when this issue is raised by phone. I suspect this 'error' has resulted in a wealth of late fees and other charges by Ditech which its upper management may have planned all along, knowing that many of us would not understand the need to take fresh new action to re-establish autopay on the new mortgage.

Recently our escrow has changed and our payments went up. We'd always paid 2 months in advance but the last 2 payments were for the amount in our previous statement (about $140 lower). At Ditech, any payment that is not equal or larger than the statement goes straight to principal, without notification or warning. I went on the website to check, and it showed I didn't have any outstanding balance so I thought everything was taken care of. This morning, I checked and saw that we owe the full amount, plus late fee because my two other advanced payments were applied to principal.

I tried talking to the rep to get the late fees reversed because it was a system error, plus I paid almost double what was due but she couldn't do anything. The supervisor was frustrating to deal with. Not until I told the rep I'd report them to the business bureau for poor policy and was honestly telling her Ditech will lose all their customers this way, that the rep told me she'd have upper management review my account for a reversal of my late fee. It's only $63, not a big deal, but I feel cheated. We have never been late on our payments; I don't think I want to keep my mortgage with this company where I have to keep an eye on little things.

I have a home loan with Ditech and I have issues with their customer service and billing department which often conveys in mistakes and causes headaches. When we paid them late they had charged us with a $17 late fee not once but twice. Then My spouse just paid them to get that over with and once again on the next billing statement we have got charged again with $34 when we weren't even late!!!

It is really frustrating and a pain to be calling them back and back again because in my opinion they wanted to get more of you. When we checked online they had the money we paid last month on late fee as unapplied. I had this happened with my account before and the agent was trying to tell me with incredible bad manners that we had late fee from past month when it was a lie. I'm just tired of this kind of unfair treatment and dishonest practices. Now I keep taking copies and online screen shots of each statement for our records. It has been really unpleasant.

I am a victim to the large bank I contracted with; selling my loan to Ditech a few years ago. I feel helpless with their rules and $101.22 late fees. Poor communication, rude employees and no apparent upper management. So frustrating that I have zero faith in customer service and the validity of any of their increases to my monthly payments. PLEASE go anywhere else than here to get a loan. You will have a lifetime of grief until they eventually go out of business and jail for fraud.

In December of 2016 I paid property taxes by mistake and Ditech paid them also to my county tax office. In turn the county sent our money we paid back to Ditech and finally trying to find out what happened to our money they put it in escrow. I have sent a letter for Ditech to return my money as I need to pay bills with it at a tune of 3,234.69 which is a lot of money. I have received two letters from them saying they are in the process of reviewing it. They told me that I had to pay the loan off them in 30 days they would send my tax money back. The loan will be paid off in October of 2017. And they are taking money and putting in escrow as the taxes at the end of the year will be paid by me. They should send my money back to me as it was never their's to start with. This is against the law. Such a bad company so no one should get a loan with these people.

Even when it was Greentree they were terrible too. Took out two months of mortgage payments as they were switching over Greentree from GMAC. Made my account overdrawn by taking two months of payments. Took it off auto draft. Called and didn't want to help saying it would take 15 days to return money but they took it and was not suppose to. What a bad company out here doing business. They need to be reported and done something about as taking people's money. They will not apply this money in escrow to principle but they say I need to pay off full loan amount which is not right. Why pay them 3,234.69 when the money is there in escrow already. What a crooked company. I hope it all comes crashing down on them one day as the way they are doing their customers. Hopefully I will be rid of this so-called mortgage company that has been bought out so many times and it gets worse each time.

Ditech reported to the credit agencies that I have a 30 day late payment on my account. Only problem is, I never missed a payment. I sold my house and the mortgage was paid off. For some reason they sent me a notice a month later that I missed my payment - my account was closed and paid off in full!! After months of going back and forth with them, the only help I got was from the actual credit agencies. 2 out of the 3 have removed it from my file, but this was a nightmare when I was trying to buy my next home. Long story short, don't ever, ever, ever use Ditech for your mortgage company.

My original loan was through Origen, then Green Tree which changed to Ditech. Never had problems with Green Tree. Have nothing but problems with Ditech. When I lost my job last June and was awaiting unemployment I was told by a really friendly lady on the phone that I could do a diversion. (I have done 2 before when I had knee operations and was off work.) When I called the next day the number that she gave me I was told that I could not do a diversion as the loan is in my dad's name. So finally after borrowing the money I was caught up. However 7 to 10 days before the payment was due every month I would get a phone call asking me to make a payment then so it could be taken out of my account on time.

Flash forward to now and I was laid off of my job 2 weeks ago and still waiting for unemployment. Called them to make arrangements for payment and they won't talk to me about the account because it's in my dad's name. I am a co-signer but they will not acknowledge that. I asked them how could they be allowed to take money out of my account every month but they couldn't talk to me about it. They told me they just could because it didn't matter who paid the payments and I was listed on the house as a renter. I have always lived in this house for the last 11 years.

Since the phone call they call me anywhere from 6 to 12 times a day and ask for my dad. I just laugh and tell them that he's not here, and if it's about the house payment they need to talk to me. My father is 78 years old and has lung cancer and Alzheimer's. He really can't talk to anyone about anything. Finally they did call when I was with him and he gave permission for them to speak to me but now they say they need it in writing. This is so frustrating to me as they are so hard to get along with. All I want to do is be able to make my payments or make arrangements when I can't. I have numerous papers signed with me as co-signer.

I feel like they just want to harass people and don't want to work with them. They say they know about hardships but don't want to help solve them. And if you ask to speak to a manager, the managers are just as rude and snarky as the employees. Green Tree was such a better company before they became Ditech. I actually financed my first home through Green Tree and had no trouble with them whatsoever. I am seriously thinking about hiring a lawyer. If I could give them minus stars I would.

I do not know where to begin with this company. First, they bought my mortgage from my previous company. That is where all the problems started. I have had my mortgage for 9 years prior to Ditech buying my mortgage, and it was on a auto payment plan for those 9 years with no problems at all. Because my account is on a auto payment, I do not monitor it very often and enrolled in paperless billing.

A few months after Ditech took over, I noticed there were late charges on my account. $50/mo for a few month, compounding of course. So I called Ditech to see what the issue was. To my surprise, they told me that my auto payment date was after their cut-off date, thus causing the late charge on my account. Here is the fun part, they put the blame on me, stating I should have altered my auto-payment date to their cut-off date. Yes, they blamed me... that my auto payment of 9 years was wrong and that I would be taken to collections if I do not pay my late charges. After arguing and being hung up on, and calling back multiple times, I finally got in contact with someone who understood that Ditech was at fault and credited me the late charges and altered my auto-payment to be within the cutoff date.

My second issue that is currently ongoing in an argument. In June of 2016 a $3300 (reallocation) debit showed up on my account. Basically, $3300 was added to my mortgage for no reason. No one at Ditech can figure out where or why this debit (debit, as in I owe them) came from. I did not find this until now April of 2017. So that is also 11 months of interest I am paying on this reallocated debit. And again, customer service will either feed me a junk answer or just hang up on me. When I can refinance my house to get away from Ditech, I will. This company is committing theft, and getting away with it.

Ditech paid my taxes twice making my escrow payment go from $33 to $105 causing my payment to go into delinquent. Which caused my credit score to drop 150 points. Everyone I talked to couldn't explain why, one lady said they paid the same amount from 2015 and there was a shortage. After I reviewed the statement they paid the property and land tax together then paid just the mobile home alone without the land taxes, and couldn't figure out why I had an overage. It took me looking over my statement to figure it out Myself. My representative didn't want to talk to me so kept sending me to voice mail. I spoke to 6 different people on which about 4 hung up on me. In top of that they have me paying $5.00 more a month for what I don't know something about a deferment I had got a decade ago. Worst mortgage complaint ever. They make me want to just let the home go back.

Bought trailer in 1998 on 20 years. Switched us from Greentree to Ditech after 10 and switched us to simple interest without us knowing. Husband lost job and no idea a few deferred payments would add thousands of dollars on to loan. Now we are down to a year of what we thought was over and we see that there is 13,000 more added on. Called over and over and said we could get no help cause it was mobile home. So after 20 years they want us to pay 13,000 in one payment. No we did not have balloon payment either. So we will lose something that should be paid for or file bank on the 13,000. This company is crooked. It should absolutely illegal what they do to people and can't believe they even can. Should be lawsuit against them.

I've had payments refused because they said they were returned but never was run through bank. I sent them 3 years of back bank statements to prove we made payments and they still said they were wrong. There is no way common people can fight big corporations. I hope people review this company before they ever get mixed up with them or they will pay double what they think or lose their home. Big corporations seem to be able to break the law and cheat people all they want. Please don't buy a home from these people if you ever want to own it.

I've called multiple times to resolve a payment change of $27.50 which resulted in a late fee from Ditech that was about twice this amount. I've never missed a payment and I called to explain. They have no flexibility. The customer service guy I talked to on 5/4/17 was excellent but the company policy is terrible. Very poor policy on late fees even when NOT customer fault. I was going to refinance my loan with them but after this lack of flexibility on a late fee that was not my fault I would never use them as a mortgage company.

I have had mortgage with Ditech for several years now, with limited contact or interaction, which I now realize was lucky. Yesterday morning, I received a letter telling me that my April payment had been returned for insufficient funds, and I would be charge a returned check fee and a late fee. My payments are done automatically, through their website. I have never missed or been late for a payment, and I have plenty of money in my account to cover the payment. A quick aside - in December, I had to change my checking account due to some possibly stolen checks. I changed the account number on the Ditech site, and the January, February and March payments all posted to the correct checking account, so I know and can prove that they had the correct account number and have been using it.

I went to their website to see what could have happened with the April payment and found that I was no longer enrolled in Auto-pay, and the account was marked as ineligible for this. I checked my Wells Fargo checking account, and could find no record of the payment having been submitted or rejected. I then called the customer service line, and this is where this goes south very quickly. The rep I spoke to was extremely rude, and told me that I "must have discontinued auto pay at some point." When I asked at what point that would have been, since the last three payments were all done that way, she told me I would have to check with my bank and find out why they returned the check (there is no check involved here, as I said this is all don through auto pay).

I went to my bank, and they verified that the last three payments had gone through my current checking account, but that no payment had been submitted for April at all, so the problem was all on Ditech side. So, I called the support number back and talked to a different rep this time. This one was less rude, and seemed to at least want to be helpful. She told me my payment was submitted on an account that had been closed. I questioned this, citing the previous three payments, and she told me she would turn this over to the "on-line payment team" and that someone would call me within an hour to an hour and a half, and that they would be able to remove the late fees.

After three hours waiting with no callback, I again called the support number. The rep I talked to says she was not, but she sounded exactly like the first rep and was again very rude. I explained that this was my third time calling on this issue, and she cut me off and said (exact quote), "If you called twice before, there is no reason for you to call again." I tried to explain that I had been waiting for a promised call back, but she refused to listen, scolded me for arguing with her, and basically told me I would just have to wait. I asked to speak to a supervisor and said I would not leave the line until this was resolved, and she told me someone would call me back and hung up on me.

I sent three messages on their website trying to explain the situation (I did not mean to submit three messages, only one, but the first two raised an error and brought up the support number when I tried to submit). I got receipt confirmation emails for all three messages, but have still not heard back from the company. It is now almost 30 hours since my first contact with their support team, and I still have not heard back from them. I made it clear, both on the phone and in the messages, that I expect resolution ASAP and would not be submitting payment until this is resolved. While the late fees are wrong, and worth fighting them about (see you in court Ditech), the total lack of responsiveness is the real issue here. The attitude from the start with the support team has been "you screwed up you have to pay", without any effort to research or even explain the situation.

Made final payoff to Ditech. Given a payoff amount of 5877.57 to be paid by April 8. Sent Certified check by Certified mail on March 29th. Called frequently to check if was received. Post office said it was delivered on April 1. Ditech has no record of it. In all my conversations they indicated if I sent in the confirmation of the certified check and the Post office certification showing delivery they would honor the 8th. Well it was never cashed. Since a certified check takes the money out of the acct I needed to put money in my account again and send it again.

It arrived on the 17th and you guessed it, they wont honor the 8th and charged me an additional 287 dollars for the 9 days late. Supervisor said even if they find the first check since it will be posted after the 8th they wont honor the check amount even if it was received before the 8th (like the 1st). Every agent previous to the final supervisor said no problem. That once I sent in the paperwork it would be corrected. All lies. I did manage to finally get free by taking the extra 287 out of my final escrow to pay the difference but was cheated in the end.

My original mortgage company sold two mortgages of mine to Ditech and it's been a disaster ever since. They seem unable or unwilling to help me set up automatic bank withdrawals on one of the accounts after my original account was hacked and closed. Due to their many keystroke errors and rude customer service staff, I have one account that never seems to be in sync and thus they now refuse to put it on automatic payments. I am a frequent international traveler and thus I'm now constantly subject to late fees and negative credit reports for the first time in my life. I can't imagine a worse mortgage company and I've been through numerous. I assume the only reason people use Ditech is that their mortgages are sold to them and then they prey on unwitting mortgage owners in order to fleece them out of late fees. NEVER use this company if you have a choice and if you get stuck with them, watch your accounts VERY closely.

Here is an organization that sends you monthly paper statements, but when it is time to pay off your last payment, they don't send you anything, but depend upon you to make the final payment. In the meantime, they charge you interest for not making the close out payment. Very unprofessional and I told them so, asking them to take the taped conversation and pass it along to someone who could do something about it. The young lady, who apologized at least six times, said that my comments are on record. Of course, that doesn't mean that anyone who can make a difference will ever see or hear them. Appalling business practice.

Our mortgage was sold to Ditech after approx a month. We had reached out to their customer service to find out why we couldn't create our online account and get information that way. We both work long hours and are not available during normal business hours to make phone calls etc. We finally got our online account set up after 6 months of trying to do so. We then tried making our payment online and couldn't do that. Once again we called customer service and explained that we were trying to make a payment and it wouldn't take. They have now marked our credit report with a 30 day late payment for a 1 day late payment and refuse to take this off of our credit report. They told us that there is no way to fix this and that we should have made the payment on time, which we still made the payment on time, but through their system, it would not take until we talked to someone in customer service.

They have now hurt our credit report for something that should not have been our fault and refuse to correct the mistake. We have since refinanced and hope to never have to deal with this company again. If you can avoid this company and go with someone else, we would like to you to know what kind of people you are dealing with. There is no 24 hour customer support, the online information is never up to date and that is when you can actually get onto your account, when you call with an issue, customer service bounces you around and you end up not getting the help that you need.

Ditech Financial Company Profile