Ditech Financial

We are in the business of helping Americans realize the dream of home ownership. The irony is that while buying a home can be a joyful and uplifting experience, getting a mortgage can be anything but. We aim to change that.

Our purpose: securing the American Dream
Our approach: helpful, responsive, efficient and fair
Our values: honesty, responsibility, transparency and creativity

Our promise: to put your needs first!

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We have been paying a locked-in amount ever since we came out of a traumatic bankruptcy nearly two years ago. All of our debts were satisfied, including paying a monthly mortgage payment. Out of the blue, at the end of July, we began getting harassing and threatening phone calls and letters. Our contact has been some person by the name of Amber **. They're not following proper procedure; that was clearly our tip off, but it doesn't seem relevant to their plan, which is out and out thievery.

We've been in this house over 22 years and these clowns are not going to get away with this if I have any say in this. It's an out-and-out SCAM. I have notified donotcall.gov of this scam and I can only hope and pray that the FTC stops these jokers in their tracks before they claim any more innocent victims. Another tip off was the area code from which they're calling from. 904 is FL. What on earth are they calling from FL for? Someone STOP them now. One final issue. Where or who do we send our mortgage payments to??!

Ditech located at PO box 6127 Rapid City, SD 57709-6127/ Catherine credit union ** confirm. Has submitted my checks 3 times in July 2017 and 2 times before that costing me 120.00 total on purpose. This last time in June 2017 I went on vacation, wrote them a letter that my return date was July 11, 2017 and the payment would be there on the 5th of July 2017. They cash the July check first and it went through. I turned around and tried to cash the June check 3 times and it bounced each time.

I called them and they said that it was only submitted 2 times. That was not true. They told me they don't hold checks. I stated "if you don't you should have called me or return the check back. We are supposed to be doing business together." Return the check back and I will send another one, "we don't have it was shredded." That was because you cashed the July check first and tried to do June. Ask for a letter that the check was shredded received it but it did not state which check it was and kept calling me using different people to send the new check using unknown numbers. Now I can't buy much food/had to get my meds, I am retired at 69. I don't need the stress of unfair practices. On stress meds, pressure and type 2. I need my money or sue. Thanks for your help.

We sold our house and requested the payoff. We were sending Ditech money. Took two weeks to obtain it and we received the information on the morning of the closing. We had to hire an attorney to obtain the information. The people there do not communicate and when they do they don't have an answer for you. It seems like they would want the money. When you get to talk to a human being, they don't have the answers and say they will get back to you... Hog wash. Terrible company. I can see them going out of business soon... Hopefully.

One star rating is too high. My mortgage was sold to Ditech and I wish it hadn't because I would never choose Ditech to service my loan. I closed escrow on June 8th 2017 and I have a surplus in my escrow account of 728.00. It has been over 2 months since the close and I still have not received the surplus leftover from my account. Every time I call I am told the check is in the mail and I need to wait another week. I have been told that for the last 4 weeks. I spoke with a Stacey and Carmen and both told me there was nothing else that can be done. They refuse to send an electronic payment to my checking account. For little guys like us there really is no way to fight a large corporation like Ditech. Ditech is corrupt.

Eagle Bank sold my mortgage without notifications for Ditech Financial. The interest I pay every month is twice than my principal for the last 2 years. The whole process was not clear for me. They are robbing my money. I will never recommend this company for everyone. They have ethical responsibility when they do business... please don't get service from them. Eagle Bank and Ditech Financial.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial, LLC?

In February 2016 I received a supplemental tax bill from the LA County. I contacted Ditech and asked if this would be escrowed. They advised that I could personally cut a check or send to Ditech to be escrowed. I completed the forms and faxed to Ditech as instructed to be escrowed, receiving a "transmission sent" response via fax. This year I received an escrow shortage of over $13k (a whole other issue) for 2016. Upon reviewing the escrow shortage statement there is a $550 delinquency charge for the supplemental tax bill, which Ditech paid in August 2016, six months after I requested it be escrowed.

I contacted Ditech who transferred me from department to department, no one explaining anything to the next representative, so I had to repeat myself again and again. The tax department advised that the customer service rep that I spoke to should never have given me the option to escrow. The customer service department advised that the tax department should have paid the tax bill when I faxed it. Either issue is NOT my problem, but neither department would correct the error and remove the charge. I was literally on the phone while the two departments had it out with each other, coming to no resolution.

I have exhausted all options in speaking to supervisors and no one will take responsibility for this error and the $550 delinquency charge is still on my account. Meanwhile I have been trying to get an answer for another issue and each time I call no one has kept notes from my previous call. It is beyond unprofessional and really needs to be resolved.

Worst company, ever. My loan was sold to them. :( Wish there was a minus-star rating. Spoken to many people there about an issue of them only applying payments to interest. NOTHING to principal. No one helps. I am at my wits end with them. Filed a complaint with my state banking department. Ditech just wants to wear me down. They could care less about their customers.

This company has lost 5 months of my mortgage payments, I have spoken with the supervisor who mentioned to me they reversed my payments and don't know why nor do they know where the money is. I have never missed a payment. Not only have they done that they have reported it on my credit!!! Consumer service is awful. Something needs to be done with this company. Now they are threatening foreclosure for their mistake which is still in dispute.

I am on Social Security Disability. When my son turned 18, I lost my Social Security for him. This was a net loss income of over $12,000. Fell behind on my mortgage. Asked for a hardship modification as my household income had dropped dramatically. Big mistake. Sent in all registered, return receipt mail. The first time, Ditech said, (after 3 months) that some forms were missing. I was sure I sent the forms in, but I sent them in again. The adjustment offered was less than $100 on a $2002 mortgage payment. They also wanted to increase my interest rate from 1% to 4%. Now I realize when your credit is affected, so can the interest rate.

I called Ditech and asked if they could reconsider their amount. I was told that to send in a letter asking that they review the application. I got the mans name and date of the call. This gentleman said that the account was on hold until another review can be done by the underwriters. I then got a letter that I did not accept the modification fast enough, so it was voided. They were quite rude on the phone and condescending. A supervisor said that he would review the recorded call. I got a call stating that the man promised no such thing. But they would allow me to apply again as my son had gotten a job to assist with the mortgage.

Gathered all the forms again and there were many, this time including tax returns and pay stubs from my son. I had everyone in the home witness what was going into the envelope and again sent it registered mail, return receipt. About 3 months later, I received a call from Ditech that I was missing forms. The forms they said were missing all agreed in my home had been sent. This had been the third time I had sent in these papers and I made an itemized list. Ditech had either lost the forms or is trying anyway they can to fail me. An attorney served us with notice of going into foreclosure. I have been in this home since 1993. My 19 year old son live with me along with my wife and 86 year old infirm mother. I may have no choice, but bankruptcy.

I do not blame anyone for my disability or the large loss of income as that is life. All I wanted to do was to pay by bills. Ditech said that they were trying to help me. I can send in the papers return receipt, but they can claim, I left papers out. This company may be and I say maybe alright if you have no problems, if you stumble, they will misrepresent facts and drag their feet for months so that you default. I would avoid them at all cost.

Trying to refi with Ditech has been absolutely horrible.!!! The one helpful person we talked to gave us a phone # and it did not connect to him!!! I waited on "hold" for various reasons for well over 2 hours!!! Their Chat process did not connect to a person. Absolutely horrible!!! I could not actually put a real review on their site. So it is obvious the positive reviews are fake!!!

My husband and I were in the process of refinancing our mortgage with Ditech all set to close in 2 days. Everything completed, they came to us today, and said they couldn't do it. WTF? Seriously??? We have everything scheduled. Now we are scrambling. They have strung us along for 60 days! They need this, they need that, they have everything of ours!!! 2 days before we close!! DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE CROOKS.

The people here are very rude and obnoxious. They call and harass you everyday about even $5 dollars if you're short. And I think is just plain pathetic!!! The workers there are rude and so are the supervisors. Today 7/25/17 I spoke with a representative about a payment issue that I spoke to someone in the office three days ago about the same issue. I was told everything would be taken care of and my account would be notated. But instead I received this call today from a very rude representative who had no manners and was very unprofessional. So I asked to speak to a supervisor and his name was Cody. He acted worse than she did.

I asked him for his last name so I could report him and he said he was not going to give me anything. The whole time I was explaining my family and financial situation this rude man told me that was irrelevant to what he wants to hear. Then just kept bugging me over $96 dollars that I already arranged to be paid earlier three or four days ago. But the big dagger was when this man told me in a very rude and derogatory manner to "Go Get On Welfare Or United Way"!!! I want a lawsuit for the way I was treated today and every other time they call. They harass everyone. Please do not do business here!!! Ever!!!!

I just got off the phone with the customer service rep. She was not able to help me to my satisfaction so I requested to speak with a supervisor. She told me that the supervisor would not call me back. I will be refinancing and getting as far away from them as possible.

Never missed a payment in 10 years. The second mortgage was due on 5/7. Sold my house 5/10. It was a 3 week escrow. Spoke to Ditech x3 times that house was sold and customer service said it would not be a problem or affect credit rating. These are discoverable recorded conversations that will affirm this including "You are covered till 6/12 ". I even reiterated, "This won't affect my credit because I will pay it right now over the phone." They did not credit the payment in FULL the mortgage balance with a late fee until 6/9. House was closed. DONE.

Ditech sent the late alert to first credit agency on 6/1 (only 23 days late) again to another agency on 7/19! Customer service said it was my fault because I missed May payment and the 30 days past due starts on the first of every month not the date the mortgage was due. Customer service refused to help me or amend. This company is Fraudulent. If there was a rating less than 1 star they would get it. I feel sorry for customers that have due dates on the 27th of the month. By their explanation to me they will be sent to credit companies on the 1st of that next month. FLAWED. I have requested the dates and content of the 3 conversations.

Ditech is a servicing center not a mortgage company. They are servicing company utilized by mortgage companies to screw up your loan and do illegal practices and misappropriation of funds and the mortgage company is not technically involved. Ditech has screwed up my payments to them for over a year. Every month I called and told them how to apply my payment. I like a dummy was sending extra money per month in an attempt to pay off the loan and instead of them applying my funds to the principal they funneled my payments in a dummy account and allowed it to sit there and just accumulate for months even allowed payments intended for my monthly payments to sit there also.

I started to record Ditech every time I call to show them how inconsistent my interaction varied with each party I spoke to and what I was told. Due to their incompetence they have attempted to assess late fees. They have attempted to place me in default. They have sent me collection letters. They have come to my home all the while my account was not only current but paid ahead by one month. They have attempted to get money out of me any way they can. I pay my own mortgage insurance and stormwater bill and each time they create a lie (such as an increase in taxes or stormwater bill received) to justify my payment increasing.

They are busted in a lie dismantling their claim. They are corrupt and adhere to illegal fair collection practices. CFPB is useless and doesn't help with anything but get a response from them regarding their practice and then closes the case. This government is useless because no enforcement of corrupt companies.

I found out that since I actually pay my bill on time and actually pay attention to what is sent to me I have no issues with Ditech. I am yet to have any issues as I do things as I am supposed to. If people just did the right thing they would have no issues. Also people should know you can't change credit reporting so deal with it.

Avoid doing business with this mortgage company at all costs. I always make my payments on time. However, whenever I call for whatever the need is, the tonality of the customer service associates is short and cold - as if I am the enemy and "why are you bothering us?" Also, I find it interesting that they often call me to inquire on the status of my payment when it has already cleared my bank ON TIME. Businesses such as this should NOT exist.

Applied for what THEY said was HARP refinance in late August 2016, 2 months before I retired. Long story short: they yanked me around until January, 2017 with CRAP like needing income verification (even though THEY had told me verification is not needed for a HARP) and finally denied because EMPLOYMENT could not be verified (DUH! I was retired). SO, I decided to try and pay them off. They got $57,000 in May 2017 and have YET to get the payoff quote or the principal balance & interest for remaining payments correct (July 15, 2017). They are yanking me around again, increasing the payoff quote every time I question it. They need to be put out of business based on my experience and all these other heinous reviews. I am sure they will look for some way to mess with my credit as well because they are obviously morally corrupt. GreenTree became Ditech; CitiMortgage sold my loan to GreenTree.

The post office lost my mortgage payment for three weeks. I noticed the money not coming out of my bank 1 day after the due date and made the payment on-line. I spoke with customer service and they said their hands are tied on late fees and they do not override them unless it's their fault. At that time I told them I would put a stop payment on the check because I did not want my payment coming out of my bank twice after paying it online. They said they would note my account so if the check came in they would not cash it. They tried to cash it anyway and sent me a collection letter even though the account was up to date.

I called in again and asked now they had proof the check was mailed on time because they surely could see the post mark could they credit the late fee. Once again I got the "our hands are tied" comment. This is terrible customer relations, especially because I've never been late and I always pay additional principal on my mortgage. I also have a second mortgage with them with no issues. I would recommend not getting a mortgage from this business if you have other choices.

We started with Green Tree. But there were problems with roof & guarantee was in effect. But with pressure they half-ass fixed it. Then without our approval we were with Ditech mortgage. Been paying payments for 17 years & still owe 50k. Also insurance through escrow is total crap. We had huge oak tree hanging & they said, "Let it fall then call us." Well our entire screen porch was took out & back bdr had hole punched in roof as well. They made it 3 separate claims that didn't total to 5000 bucks. Our whole town had tornadoes but they stapled our shingles on the warranty company.

These finance rates & late charges remind me of organized crime or pawn shops. This injustice from our situation & also many others from seeing complaints. We plan on filing civil suit!! Someone has to do something. They are doing variable rate when we signed a fixed it interest contract. We should file a class action suit from what complaints I've read & what we have dealt with & fees. How could we pay almost 500 a month for 17 years & still owe 50 k when 55 k was purchase price.

I filled out an application for the HAMP program in September of 2016. I can't count how many times that I called for an update. 9 months later they came back with a denial. The gal on the phone when asked why said I could not afford the home. I make $22.00 an hour with a mortgage of 161.000. I hit hard times prior with a loss of a long term position. I sold my home and contacted them requesting a payoff. One month and many calls telling them that I am under contract, they hit me with a foreclosure. I cannot believe the amount of calls made only to have my point of contact have their voicemail full with no way to leave messages. I only hope this company has enough civil suits to put an end to Ditech a Walter Company.

Did not pay property taxes on time!!! Ditech sent the tax payment to the wrong county using the wrong parcel number. (No idea where they got that info). We advised Ditech on 6/2 of the error. Were advised that they would look into it and to call back on 6/22. Called back on 6/22, were advised that payment was sent on 6/15 and given a tracking number (payment not sent and tracking number was BOGUS!). Called on 6/28 to advise that payment had not been received by County Assessor's Office. Were advised that it had been approved to pay taxes plus late penalty and would be overnighted by the due date of 6/30. Payment not received by Assessor's Office on 6/30. Called again and were given same line of it had been sent on 6/15.

Was told to call back on 7/3 so our ordeal continues... We will be closing our Escrow account and paying our property taxes and homeowner's insurance directly from here on out. If you have a means to have your loan sold to another mortgage company/bank, I highly encourage you to do that. We are looking into this. ABSOLUTE INCOMPETENCE!!!

After several years of on-time payments to, first, Greentree, and then Ditech, I was two weeks late with my payment. I have always paid my bills within one day of receiving them. This time I didn't receive a bill in the mail. When I discovered the problem and called customer service, I was told that my bill had been sent to me on email. I do not remember asking ditech to send my bills by email. I remember seeing an email from ditech and deleting it. I always delete any emails from banks because of the scam danger. I never even open them. I am not paranoid. I am experienced. I once opened an email which turned out to be ransomware and lost all of my files. I no longer open emails that I didn't initiate. I explained this to the customer service representative and asked her to send me a bill in the mail and make sure that was never billed by email again.

Just two days after that phone call we received a letter from another bank where we have a line of credit informing us that our line of credit had been frozen due to ditech informing the credit bureau of our late payment. A week later I received a bill for two payments and a late fee. I paid everything but the late fee and enclosed a letter stating that the lateness of the payment was not my fault and I would not pay the late fee. I also sent an inquiry via email to an email address I was given by customer service explaining the problem. I just received a letter saying that they received my inquiry and should respond "within 30 days." It evidently takes 30 days to research my complaint but only 14 days to ruin my credit. I don't care if it costs me money. I am getting out of this ditech loan.

I can add to the list of growing scammed people who have been unfortunate to have to deal with Ditech. The shoddy and inaccurate way that they keep their records makes it impossible to prove or show that you are paid in full. They like to put payments into unallocated or other areas except for where it belongs which is in your own mortgage account. They tried to do a loan modification without my knowledge or consent and charged me for it and I can't get my money back. The only way I can get away from them is to sell the house but we like the house and don't want to move. So we are stuck dealing with these scammers.

I think I'm going to get a lawyer and sue them for mental anguish and for all the money that they are making me pay that I know I didn't owe. You can't talk to the same person twice if you reach anybody at all and they are all over the country and they all have different information. This company is ridiculous. Don't deal with them if you can avoid it.

Simple - two payments over 700.00 each with confirmation numbers not drawn out of my account. Yet they could be later at this company's discretion. They denied the option to speak with me even after my spouse gave them permission in writing and by phone. No IT department???

In may of 2016 I received a statement saying my payments were paid until 8/2016. I didn't think it was correct so I called. Autodial said the same information so I spoke with an operator who assured me it was correct. Four weeks later I get a past due with interests so on my attorney's advice I called and sent a request for a "fair" amount considering this was their mistake not mine. "Nothing". 5-2017 I called for a payoff amount was told $5000.00 but needed to talk to the payoff department. No answer no return call. Next a received a letter they were selling my loan. Was unable to find out how much they sold it for and finally got the phone number to call the new owner... It's a collection company... Nice I only owe one more year and they ** everything up!

I have been paying on a 28,000 mobile home for 16 yrs at $420.00 a month. That's about 80.000 I have paid and I still have a balance of 26,000 so I have only paid 2,000 to my principal. I will never get this house paid for. So do not use them if you can help it.

Ditech is probably the worst company I've had to deal with after reading all the reviews. I've have similar complaints. I've tried getting a subordination for years now and still have not gotten it done. 3 different company trying on my behalf to refinance my first mortgage. It's always an excuse, they didn't send the right paperwork, "We can't find it", it's not the right form. It's always something with Ditech. I would never recommend them to anyone. I call them they never return your call. They are very unhelpful and if they're a bank why can't they refinance your existing loan. I hate this company and can't wait for my last payment. I did write to the BBB because I'm so unhappy with them. Beware of Ditech they are horrible.

This is the worst mortgage company I have ever had to deal with. The absolute worst. Anytime I need assistance or am requesting any additional documents I have to make several calls and speak to several different people before anything gets resolved. And several is putting it lightly. Last year I made an additional payment to my escrow account–clearly noting "escrow payment" on the check and they posted it wherever they felt like it. It took me over 3 months to get them to fix it. I was calling once a week and getting the run around every time. This company should be shut down. They are crooks!

I have never been late with my mortgage payment to Ditech. Last month, I paid my usual amount through my bank's bill pay. Unknown to me, my escrow had increased thereby increasing my monthly payment by $71. When I went to the Ditech website to pay my current payment, it showed I was 30 days past due. I checked with my bank and Ditech received payment on time minus the $71 I did not know about. They held my funds and did not apply them and charged a late fee.

Upon finding out what had happened I immediately paid all required to make my account current. Later that afternoon I found out they had reported a late payment to the credit bureaus. I called Ditech and asked for it to be removed due to the circumstances. They disrespected me, treating me like a delinquent. I asked them to look at my payment history and they confirmed that I had never been late and still treated me like I had done something intentional.

After several phone calls from my wife and I they still refuse to make any changes to the input on my credit report. I have also left voice messages with a manager named Steve ** who has yet to return any phone calls. Today I received in the mail paperwork explaining foreclosure and homeowner assistance. All for $71 which they considered late that was immediately paid upon finding out about it. I now have a late mortgage payment on my credit report all over $71. If you pay your mortgage on time every month do not deal with this company. You will not be treated as a good paying customer. And if you struggle to make payments and have this mortgage company I feel for you. I was amazed at all of the negative reports on this company as up until now I haven't had to deal with them.

Ditech Financial Company Profile