Ditech Financial
3.46/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Ditech Financial

We are in the business of helping Americans realize the dream of home ownership. The irony is that while buying a home can be a joyful and uplifting experience, getting a mortgage can be anything but. We aim to change that.

Our purpose: securing the American Dream

Our approach: helpful, responsive, efficient and fair

Our values: honesty, responsibility, transparency and creativity

Our promise: to put your needs first!

Looking for a mortgage lender?

3241 Ditech Financial Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Horrible customer service. They never give you an answer. It act confused. In Jan 2019 I notice a 2600 charge was added to my account as a deferred balance. I called numerous times and got no answer. When I checked online different pages it had different names. One representative actually emailed me my Web History that showed every activity and what how Green Tree applied payments. That confused me even more and convinced me that over the years they cheated us out of money. Just wish I could find someone that has experience reading this.

On one page it would say Deferred balance. On another it would say insurance another principal and interest. Another would say corporate advance. When I brought this up in the conversation and said it can't be all that and which one is it I was told I have to request an explanation of charges in writing. That was 30 days ago and I haven't heard back yet. They are thiefs and I can't believe they still in business. Anyone wants to contact me. **

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Paying off our mortgage early, 16 years on a 30 year ARM note. It is Ditech loan processing that I have the most trouble with. When a payment is sent in, whether to the monthly due or to principal, they just cannot get it right; even though my wishes are clearly stated on their payment voucher. So, about every ten days after I have sent a payment I have to check to see that it is properly applied, it is not. To make matters worse, Ditech has now removed the "Payment History" information from their website. So I, and everyone else, must call to get the information as to how the monies were applied. Ditech, not real consumer helpful nor up to the task of their primary function.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I have spent over 9 months trying to finalize an insurance claim with Ditech. After 72 excruciating phone calls, 15 uploads, long hold hours and extreme levels of incompetence, I have not been able to complete repairs and close my insurance claim. My insurance company has issued a non renewal of my policy and will not provide coverage of my property come October 2019. Terrible experience.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Recently went thru a refinance process with Ditech. Immediately, everything was more complicated than it had to be. The appraisal took weeks longer than it was supposed to and every time they quoted me finance charges and fees, they always raised/changed them as we got closer to signing. After 3 attempts to lock in a deal, they strayed from the quoted fees all 3 times. To add insult to injury, they refused to send another lender our appraisal to help us out, which is a common courtesy in the industry. I will never use Ditech again.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I had 40 loans on auto pay for 20 years. Two of them were being paid off. They sent a letter to the wrong address telling me they were going to stop my direct draft if the last payment was below the auto draft amount. I did not discover this until two months after these two loans were at the end. I had approximately 38 other loans with some of them having big credits on them. I have run a company with 4000 employees and had 1000 bills in my name before, but was always able to keep my credit terrific. Ditech managed to really mess up my credit with the last two payments of two of the loans. When I found this out I am immediately paid off the other 38, because I did not want to take a chance with Ditech and their history with escrows.

I have tried calling the CEO of Ditech, because I believe if he knew this happened to me there is no way that he would not reverse this action upon his company. I have written a letter and been told that there is nothing they can do since the payments were really late. I’ve spent hours on the phone with Ditech. Every time I tell my story the person answering the phone tells me that I am sure that they will get this reversed, but ultimately has not happened. I am happy to fly to their corporate office if they would like to discuss what happened. I believe that they would not want this to happen to anybody else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial, LLC?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

We make payments every week trying to get our home paid off. Our pmt. is roughly $450.00 a month we send in between $600 & $750 a month thinking that the difference is being applied to the principal balance only because I have called in at least a dozen times to make sure this is being done and have been told each time that " Absolutely" that is the way it's done. Well guess what, I just found out that they hold all payments made until they get a full payment then they apply it to your account. This way more interest can accrue and you have to pay more. I knew something was up when I looked at my statement and saw where over $400 had been applied the interest on my account and less than $100 to principal.

My house should been darn near paid for within a year to two years but they have not been applying my payment as soon as they received it. THEY HAVE BEEN HOLDING MY PAYMENTS. I know when their checks are cashed because I check with my bank. This is stealing plain and simple and I want them to go back through my account and reapply every single payment to my account the right way. I am shouting from the rooftops about this to anyone and everyone who will listen. Terrible company to do any type of business with. Go live in a dog house before you think of financing anything with them.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

They have reported my account 30 days late twice in the last three months even though they have received 4 payments. Never notified me of an increase in my payments, I had even called in June to discuss first report and was never told. Of course it seems like a way to get more capital before their chapter 11 bankruptcy goes into effect. Stay away from this company.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I went online to look at my account and it said a payment was due but didn’t give the date due. I used chat in an attempt to verify it wasn’t due until September 1st. I was asked to input my name to start the chat, and in the comments I stated I wanted to know my next payment due date. I was then forced by the customer rep to enter my name again. I did that. I was asked if I wanted to switch to paperless billing, a question I answered when I logged into the site and not likely to have changed my mind about in the last 5 minutes. The rep refused to answer my question unless I first answered about paperless billing. A total waste of my time and very rude. They clearly don't value their customer's time.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I always pay my mortgage through their website. They neglect to process the payments until after the grace period and then charge me late fees. This has happened at least a dozen times since they bought my loan. I usually just pay it because it wasn't worth the hassle. But lately they've been applying the late fee payments towards the principal instead of the late fees and charge me yet again plus interest and "fees". They tried to charge me nearly $50 this month in late fees and it took 2 hours, multiple calls, and a few thinly veiled threats to get them to "waive" the fraudulent late fees, which they only did because I've started keeping all my payment confirmation emails and had proof that the payments were made on time. This company will rob you blind if you aren't careful. Consumers beware!!!

Original review: July 13, 2019

I have tried to recover two over-payments that were made after I paid the mortgage off. So far no luck. The customer service representatives I attempted to speak with I could not understand and their knowledge was less than I needed. Tried to e-mail these people through their website and constantly received, "message not sent," "error had occurred." AM really getting aggravated. Look before you leap...

Ditech Financial Company Information