Ditech Financial
3.50/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Ditech Financial

We are in the business of helping Americans realize the dream of home ownership. The irony is that while buying a home can be a joyful and uplifting experience, getting a mortgage can be anything but. We aim to change that.

Our purpose: securing the American Dream

Our approach: helpful, responsive, efficient and fair

Our values: honesty, responsibility, transparency and creativity

Our promise: to put your needs first!

Looking for a mortgage lender?

3233 Ditech Financial Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I stumbled across this searching for the Ditech website. I was surprised by all the negative reviews. I need to call them to discuss my escrow account. Other than long wait times on hold they have been fine. I even did a refi a year or so ago to lower my rate and it went smoothly.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I was surprised how helpful Ditech was after reading these horrible reviews. My loan was sold to Ditech and there was confusion. They cashed my check but did not apply it to loan, I guess my old mortgage sent them old letter from June saying my escrow was short. So Ditech thought my loan needed to go up $38. I paid my loan amount which was short. I had paid the lump sum to keep mortgage same. So for now I will pay the extra $38 till it is cleared up. Rita spent like 20 minutes clearing this up for me, looking up the check, where it went, why not applied, she took my shortage of $38 to clear it up within 24-24 hours. I was very relieved since I have perfect credit and do not want to ruin it. She also e-mailed me everything we talked about.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

They make you work for the commitment, lots of record producing etc. But once you get it it becomes easy. They are decent people and will not leave you hanging. Friendly and professional.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I always pay my mortgage through their website. They neglect to process the payments until after the grace period and then charge me late fees. This has happened at least a dozen times since they bought my loan. I usually just pay it because it wasn't worth the hassle. But lately they've been applying the late fee payments towards the principal instead of the late fees and charge me yet again plus interest and "fees". They tried to charge me nearly $50 this month in late fees and it took 2 hours, multiple calls, and a few thinly veiled threats to get them to "waive" the fraudulent late fees, which they only did because I've started keeping all my payment confirmation emails and had proof that the payments were made on time. This company will rob you blind if you aren't careful. Consumers beware!!!

Original review: July 13, 2019

I have tried to recover two over-payments that were made after I paid the mortgage off. So far no luck. The customer service representatives I attempted to speak with I could not understand and their knowledge was less than I needed. Tried to e-mail these people through their website and constantly received, "message not sent," "error had occurred." AM really getting aggravated. Look before you leap...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial, LLC?

Original review: July 2, 2019

I have received repeated harassing phone calls from Ditech representatives telling me I owe them $831.53. I asked for an explanation for where this charge is coming from and each time they tell me they will "investigate" and call me back or email me the information. They NEVER do, instead a couple of days later I receive another phone call from another representative who then asks me for the money again. I have spoken with several "supervisors" and no one seems to be able to give me a straight answer. Repeatedly calling a customer and stating they owe money without a valid explanation is the very definition of extortion.

Original review: June 28, 2019

They never cashed our checks, sent them back to us 3 mos later stating they were late. They were not late when mailed, only became late when they didn’t open them and apply them on time. Now their lawyer sends us a letter about foreclosure and this is the first we’ve heard from them after trying to contact them about our payments. So now I have no clue what to do! I’ve sent paperwork trying to redo the loan after they made us behind not cashing our checks only for them to deny us. But funny they never pulled our credit to even try to refinance the loan, just turned around the day after receiving it saying "Sorry it’s denied!" They didn’t even try! Shame on you Ditech! They are shady, constantly changing their name for some reason!

Original review: June 10, 2019

I have water damage from recent storms and malfunctioning water heater that was built behind the wall in this dilapidated so called mobile home that Green Tree or whoever they are now! They are still ripping me off on that too... but we had an adjuster to come out and he talked like we were going to be helped, yea right think again! They had the audacity to send an email, not even a phone call to say they were not going to pay for anything!!!! Guess what? This is the low down part Green Tree, now Ditech, and have been changed AGAIN as of JUNE 1, 2019 to LOANCARE. Put the insurance on the trailer and at a price of $250 a month! I have been paying on a $ 60,000 trailer for 22 yrs and STILL OWE $22,000! CONSUMER AFFAIRS I DEFINITELY NEED HELP WITH THESE DEVIL SPAWNS! PLEASE HELP.

Original review: June 7, 2019

When we purchased our home it was through Green Tree. Since Ditech took over it has been a nightmare. Bad customer service, have to wait almost an hour then get the runaround. Looked at my statement and now they have me paying into an escrow account. I never had an escrow on my account. Then you call they don't understand or act confused. I wrote a letter about my account they sent me a notice saying they would contact me within 30 days, it has been 69 days and no response. Found out they will try and pay your property taxes without your permission. Then add it to your account. I'm writing this because I wouldn't want anyone else to have to deal with this nightmare.

Original review: June 6, 2019

On May 1st 2019 Ditech received a check for $30,000 of which $19,000 was to pay off my loan. I lost my home the middle of March due to the flood and filed a claim which my insurance paid. After many many calls with Ditech since they received the check... they tell me TODAY 6 June 2019 that they've lost the check and my insurance needs to issue a new check!!! This is UNACCEPTABLE. Now it'll be another 30 days from the time they receive the new check for them to apply it and send the rest to me. I will be SO GLAD when all is finally said and done. I will NEVER do business with this company again.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Inconsistent. Substandard. Criminal. No recourse or customer service for statement error, contract discrepancy, no paperwork for refi or government assistance. They never applied the money they received from the government to our loan!!! Now they sold us to another creditor that of course knows NOTHING of previous activity!!! Didn’t my file follow my loan?? WT*!!

Original review: June 4, 2019

Horrible customer service. Modified mortgage without consent. Don't apply payments. Total runaround with nothing resolved. A total nightmare brought to you by Green Tree. Direct filed bankruptcy and has class action lawsuits. Don't do it. I'm stuck in this nightmare, you shouldn't be.

Original review: June 2, 2019

We applied originally in summer and gave up in December/January. We had a rate lock but there kept being one more paper. The odd part is that we had a perfect record on our existing Ditech mortgage. We were told we had too much money and needed to explain all sources. We provided documentation but it was never enough. Over time, we determined that we were spending more in time than we would get in a refi.

Original review: May 23, 2019

This company never posted my check payments. They said it was because they had a new system where checks were automatically opened by a machine to cut on hiring and save more. Well come to find out the machine was broken and my check made it to Ditech but never got opened and processed. I stalk them every month - will never send a check and do website only.

Original review: May 20, 2019

There is been more than 20 years paying Green Tree now Ditech monthly payments and I haven't been able to finish my debt with them. They like to misleading Hispanic community. I've also trying to negotiate with them my debt. 20 years have been passing by. Now I'm 66 y/o and I'm disabled with no job, my wife works but she is not able to continue with payments. I've also trying to find Federal Help and there has been no answer. It looks that nobody can do nothing against Green Tree and or Ditech. Now they have a new name, "Cascade" all this names are the same company, my question is is Green Tree, Ditech or Cascade afraid of something? Why changing names so often, are they trying to hide something illegal?? Who knows but there's something wrong with this dishonest "Company". My name is Alex ** and I'm not afraid of them not even with such a dishonest company.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Ever since they filed for Chpt 11 back in Feb, for the second time in as many years, their service has dropped worse than a lead balloon. I had damage to my home from a storm and had to send in the repair check from the insurance company for endorsement. First they say that $20K or higher and they hold the money and they pay the contractors. They got real ** about it so I tell the rep to kiss my back side and get me an supervisor. Then the threats start about, "This is a recorded call and you cannot be talking to us rudely..." blah blah blah. Well I record my calls too so as this is MY insurance company, my check, I will deal with paying the contractors. Had to fight about this for about 4 days. Then I finally get sent to claims and they say it is $30 or higher so they will just endorse it and return it. 7 - 10 days.

So per their instructions, I sent the check overnight, with a pre-paid label and envelope for overnight return. The check gets to them the following day on April 30th. Yesterday, May 16th it is finally on its way back. 2 WEEKS!!! To rubber stamp the check and stick it back in an envelope! In the meantime, we have had rain storms and now there is more damage! I have had the contractors on hold ready to work for 4 weeks! Repairs would only take a day, maybe two! So now I need to file another claim and pay another $1000 deductible because of Ditech's lack of any customer service.

Seriously thinking of getting an attorney and at the very least raking them across the coals publicly. And the check won't be here until Monday. 3 DAYS. Why did I pay for quick return label if they aren't going to use it? Ditech doesn't care what they do to their customers. Only if they are trying to open a new account. Then they treat them like garbage. Time for a refi to get away from them.

Original review: May 14, 2019

My mortgage payments has never been late in 22 years. Under Ditech my statements stopped or come late. Payment due on the 10 of the month - no statement so I mailed my payment off without a statement. Need some help letters and their representative or no help. Last payment for May was sent certified mail. 7 day later no payment posted.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I have been sending extra money to Ditech for some time now. A few months ago, they started taking my extra payments and placing them in interest only? Even though I have never been late on any payments. I decided to pay the loan off, but now they won't give me a payoff quote. I don't understand what's going on. I email them weekly with no response. I call, I'm told they're reviewing my request, but yet no answers? They seem to dodge you at every corner. This has been a horrible experience for sure. I would not use this bank for any reason.

Original review: May 12, 2019

This company should not be allowed to be in business, they apply funds at the incorrect date, do not read notes and do not apply funds correctly. The longer mistakes are made the more corrections, affecting 1098s, etc. Companies should not be allowed to sell these businesses on, time and time again. Countrywide to Bank of America, BOA to GreenTree, GreenTree to Ditech, now who knows. Disgraceful practices.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Ditech went Ch. 11 in February. I blame Fannie Mae, the holder of the mortgage, for being uncaring to us, the borrower, for allowing such horrible care by a servicer they chose. We had no choice. Now must take whoever they give us once again.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I'm really disappointed with this company, they're corrupt, they're stealing money from us with any excuse. I called several times because I put extra money on the principal and they applied like a regular payment. I have no response still on fixing my payment. My payments increased too. This company needs to be shut down. They have a lot of bad reviews.

Original review: May 8, 2019

My husband and I have been reading these reviews and need help with this bankruptcy letter and getting a lawyer. Please email me at **. We have had bad experiences with payments not being applied and escrow letters. Please help.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I cannot understand why so many people depend on Ditech to properly credit payments when they send them by mail. I cannot understand why anyone would trust this company with their bank information, to have them "autopay" the mortgage. I cannot understand why anyone would choose NOT to use billpay with this company. They have shown they will delay crediting payments, credit them inappropriately, and still people use the U.S. mail or autopay.

USE YOUR BANK's billpay service. Just enter their address and name like you would anyone's in your bank's billpay service. YES, DITECH accepts payments electronically! I've been paying Ditech/Green Tree this way ever since my mortgage was transferred to Green Tree, years ago. That has worked out. Now for the bad. My last payment was paid electronically on May 1st, and that is when Ditech received it. Today is Monday, May 6th. Ditech still does not show my payment on the website.

I do not know of ANY other company that takes over 5 days to show credit of a payment! Last month Ditech took only 2 business days to credit my payment, so this inconsistency is strange, but in line with what I know about Ditech. With all these inconsistencies and ineptitudes, I plan to pay off my mortgage balance via billpay until it's about $5 or less, then use their payoff process, since at that point the per diem interest won't change much from day to day and they won't be able to screw me, as I know they would if I sent it on day 1 of the 10 day payoff period.

So my advice to people with a Ditech mortgage is to give the company no chance to screw them by using billpay. Then they have a record of the payment, the amount, and the time Ditech received their payment. All of these complaints about sending Ditech this or that by mail are just sad. Never send anything to Ditech by mail except an official complaint or your final (very small) payoff. Always use billpay! They accept payment electronically, they just do not have this information on their website.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Extra fund you send in get put wherever they decide to put them. They forced me into escrow for property taxes and paid my city taxes without any conversation with myself. I had sent in my check and had it returned to me with letter telling me the taxes had already been paid by mortgage company.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I was the only one on the discharge since my wife wanted to keep the house the loan went to her. We left it when she went into a nursing home. It went into foreclosure. She died before the actual foreclosure paperwork was started according the records I have. These idiots still send her mail for home insurance and even though the foreclosure is final. I keep sending it back. They have no idea what they are doing including the lawyers who represented them in the foreclosure. They tried sending me stuff and I told them where to go and if they contact me again they will be sued for harassment. They don't seem to know what a bankruptcy discharge means.

Plus the judge and Ditech's lawyers got a copy of my late wife's death certificate. They don't have a clue as to what they are doing. The house was supposed to be auctioned off April 17, 2019. I assume it has been done. Just got a notice today to her from Ditech about insurance on the house, I didn't open it. I just sent it back. I can keep returning anything from them in "Please return to sender. Person does not live here. She is dead." I can see why Ditech is filing bankruptcy. They don't have a clue on how to run a business plus their employees must not have an education higher than preschool.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I received a mortgage statement showing I was past due when I sent 2 payments in at one time due to the fact we are going out of town for a funeral. I sent 2 separate checks. They applied them both (they have been cashed) and applied 1 check all to principal. When I called to get this corrected they were rude and treated me like I made the mistake. 1st call to them was April 23rd 2019, then their collector called me on April 25th, I explained to him what was going on and he didn't even look at the customer servicing notes on the account.

I called back on the April 27rh and talked to the original girl I talked to on the 23rd to see if it was corrected and she was rude. She said that was not her department. When asked for a supervisor she hung up on me. I called back after going through 2 more customer service reps and got a supervisor, who said she would handle. In mean time I have to make another payment because they're showing me late. This is very upsetting, this is my home and credit! I have never been late on a payment in my life. I take pride in keeping my mortgage current. I pay extra every month to principal. I feel like the supervisor said she would handle just to get me off the phone. She suppose to call me back on April 29th, but the first girl was also suppose to call me back and she never did. I have no trust in this company.

Original review: April 26, 2019

We made a payoff offer which Ditech accepted so we paid. However we are still getting billing statements and can't reach anyone by phone. Now we worry someone will try to take our home and don't know who to contact or what to do.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Ditech a/k/a Reverse Mortgage/Urban Financial has made our lives miserable. We took out a reverse mortgage in 2011. We were unable to pay our property taxes, so they (Reverse Mortgage Solutions (RMS)) paid them, agreeing to add them into the principal of our loan...which we never got in writing. They decided to foreclose in 2016, so we hired an attorney to represent us. The attorney took it to court, judge vacated the foreclosure. We had to file a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. A year and a half later bankruptcy was discharged.

Again RMS decides to take us to court, so we filed a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, which was discharged successfully. After said discharge RMS decides to come after us again, foreclosure! We are now in our second Chapter 13 bankruptcy, all because of RMS/Urban Financial/Ditech scumbags. They would foreclose on their mothers. The whole point of this review is to add that Urban Financial is now in Chapter 11 foreclosure! So who is suing us to foreclose? Is it Ditech? Is it Urban Financial?...or is it Reverse Mortgage Solutions? They are all one and the same!

Original review: April 22, 2019

My home burned to the ground on 7/8/18 and because I have a mortgage I was told by my insurance company I had to send the insurance funds to DiTech to manage the money because they have a vested interest in my property. We have started our rebuild and I can't get Ditech to release my insurance funds so we can rebuild. I've called numerous times only to get a different story each time. Once even being told that because of a bankruptcy the investors will not be issuing payments..... OMG WHAT bankruptcy and why in the hell are these investors making a decision with my insurance funds....

This has been the most stressful time of my life next to losing my home and every piece of personal possession I owned, I can't sleep my anxiety is through the roof. This has to be the worst mortgage company ever. Their customer service is horrible and they obviously don't give a rats ** about me the consumer. I truly believe they've all been handed a script to read to the consumer which never means anything. They leave you on hold for hrs at a time and then the next person that decides to answer the phone is laughing at my expense.

Original review: April 20, 2019

A couple of weeks ago Ditech sent mail let me know that my account # will be change to a new account # do to the new internal system they are updating. WE call them right away and did get through and talk to 2 different department. The last department was the legal department. the gave us the run a round speech also. We let them know that they do not have our permission to change our account # and to stop and to cease. I sent a letter to the department as well saying the same thing I say over the phone. 1 week later I get 2 letters back, one for customer service department let us know that our account is under investigation and the account is frozen until further notice. 2nd letter came from there legal department letting us know that Ditech has filed for bankruptcy. When writing a review and needing help to fight these illegal action please leave your email address so someone can get back to you and try to help out.

Ditech Financial Company Information