Ditech Financial

We are in the business of helping Americans realize the dream of home ownership. The irony is that while buying a home can be a joyful and uplifting experience, getting a mortgage can be anything but. We aim to change that.

Our purpose: securing the American Dream
Our approach: helpful, responsive, efficient and fair
Our values: honesty, responsibility, transparency and creativity

Our promise: to put your needs first!

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My mortgage was originally with Bank of America. It got sold to Green Tree and that was fine. The nightmare began when it was taken over by Ditech. In 2015, I called to see when the PMI was to be removed and the C/S rep said when the LTV hits 80%. LTV hit 80% I called to inquire why the PMI was not taken off. The 2nd C/S rep said it should have been taken off in September 2016 since LTV hit 79%. Called back today 11/30/2016 and new C/S rep stated that now LTV has to hit 78% in order for the PMI to drop off. I then asked if I send in an extra payment that would set the LTV down under 78% would that work. 3rd C/S rep said I would have to pay $450 for an appraisal to occur in order to have the LTV to be terminated prior to September 2017.

So even if the LTV is under the 78% threshold the PMI would not automatically terminate but would only terminate September 2017. This does not make any sense. There is no incentive to pay down your mortgage to get rid of PMI. It seems Ditech is only interested in squeezing it's customers who pay on time without issue every cent they can and they have no recourse. BTW, my loan docs do not say 78% threshold. They say 80% threshold. Ditech needs to be investigated by the FBI, SEC, FHA, Attorney General, etc. for its illegal practices.

I have been having the same issue as many others here. State Farm paid a claim for water and roof damage to my home back in September. The check was issued to myself and Ditech. The check was forwarded to Ditech and they have been holding it ever since. Two months of sitting with a hole in my roof getting more damage because Ditech will not return the funds. Every day it is a different story. Today is November 30th and Ditech has not released monies paid by State Farm. At my wits with working with them. Next stop attorney and news stations.

Ditech's phones have out for a week. I have three trial payments for a loan modification scheduled but they still say I am past due. All I want to know is if this is normal. How can you run a major corporation and have phones out for days??

Ditech is awful, unprofessional and untrustworthy. My loan was sold to Citibank and then to Green Tree. Ditech bought Green Tree and began charging me for homeowners insurance even though I already have it. They also increased my taxes despite the city tax has not increased. My mortgage went up $300.00. I have called countless times and still have not have this resolved.

I would like to say that Ditech was so amazing working with me during a hard time I was having. I spoke with a gentleman named Ivan. He was so kind, and helped me with my issue. This company has been the best company I have ever worked with, and I have had some bad ones. Thank You Ditech!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial, LLC?

My account started with Bank of America. Then sold to Greentree. I had issues every month, called and harassed for no reason because my account even when with BOA was set up through bill pay and scheduled to pay every 1st of the month. Same with GT. Luckily I persisted every time they called me to make sure they traced my payment and I hounded them until they regretted calling me in the first place. But this got old and I looked to refinance so I could get away from these fraudulent morons.

I got it financed through Quicken Loans and had a breath of air for like a MONTH! And I got notified that THESE MORONS were now my mortgage owners again! I felt sucker punched! Then they got sued and they seemed to cool off then. They changed names to Ditech and the holiday continued for some months and THEY ARE BACK AT IT AGAIN. I still send 100 bucks over my expected payments and then I get this notice I owed money. HOW?

Next I get notified by my credit monitoring service of an alert of LATE PAYMENTS for 2 months. First let me advise everyone here. IT IS FRAUD and Violation of fair credit reporting act, Violation of the Fair Debit collection practices act and defamation of character. Period. You have more power than these morons. First send a dispute to the credit bureaus. They will likely verify it and say it is valid, then send a letter to Ditech to show what the money they say you owe is for, EXPLAIN and show you how they calculated what they say you owe, etc.

Send registered mail and return card. Wait 30 days and if no satisfactory reply, send to the Bureaus and they will delete it from your credit with the approval of these morons or not. The easier way is to go to your local courts and file a lawsuit of the 3 violations. A class action is also easier to really get to punish and get these morons out of business and let honest mortgage companies operate.

My loan started with Bank of America and was sold to Greentree which is now Ditech. I have sent them bank statements three times showing that I have made all my payments in this loan modification and they tell me that I am behind on payments but they can't tell me which months and year. I have made all of my payments for the last five years in this loan modification and I have provided my bank statements showing all the payments have been made. This nightmare has been going on since May of this year. I need some advice.

I am currently in foreclosure and my house is listed for Sheriff Sale and should not be. I recently found out that Ditech has been over-billing me $242 more monthly than my actual real estate taxes billed by the city since 2014. Which resulted in them offering me a Fannie Mae Streamline Mortgage Modification 90 day trial period which was at least $242 more than it should have been, which made it unaffordable for me at that time. Despite the fact that I provided them the evidence of my annual real estate taxes from the City of Philadelphia Real Estate Tax Department in May 2016, to-date they have refused to correct their records and notify the Court of their reprehensible actions and my home is still listed for Sheriff Sale on December 6, 2016.

Ditech took over 3 months to get our issue resolved which also prevented us from being able to refinance. Over the life of our loan, this refinance would have saved us tens of thousands of dollars. Ditech reported a late payment to the credit bureaus which was not our fault to begin with. Ditech recognized that it was not our fault and we even provided proof and they still reported the late payment. It took almost 2 months for them to finally tell me that they would not take off the late payment from our credit reports.

We found a bank to refinance us with the 1 late payment. The loan officer pulled our credit again and Ditech reported another late payment the month after the 1st late payment. So during the dispute of the 1st late payment, Ditech reported another late payment to the credit bureaus although our payment history clearly showed that we were not late. I had to report another dispute in order for them to update the credit bureaus again. At that time, I was told by our loan officer that if I could get a letter stating that the 2nd late payment was incorrect that we could move forward with refinancing.

It took Ditech another 2 1/2 weeks to write a simple letter stating that the 2nd late payment was incorrect. By the time I received the letter, the rates went up and it was no longer advantageous for us to refinance. I did not choose this bank as my 1st lender was Green Tree. Our loan was turned over to Ditech shortly after purchasing our home. If you have the choice in the lender, please look elsewhere. I would hate for another family to experience the hardship this bank has caused our family.

Ditech Financial LLC, formerly GreenTree, rates a very unfavorable experience due to their unethical business practices. Initially, when I bought my home they estimated my escrow more than 2 and half times of the amount needed for an entire year's worth of taxes and insurance. I complained to no avail. Within 6 months, I had a "refund" for overpayment that was nearly half of what I had been required to escrow. 6 months after that, they indicated that my escrow was now short, and my payment required an increase. The math is not hard. Total insurance for one year (one number), plus total property taxes for one year (second number), add the two numbers together and divide by 12 (for the number of payments in one year). That is the amount of your escrow payment.

Several years in, and I became fed up with their inability to perform elementary math. I refinanced my loan with another lender. The lender/title co. requested a payoff and informed Ditech that I would pay my upcoming property tax bill. I paid the property tax bill and my new lender sent in my total payoff to Ditech. Ditech notified me of a short payoff because they had paid my property tax bill at the same time they were receiving my payoff. Local tax authority immediately refunded that money to Ditech, however, it will take up to three months for Ditech to credit the property tax refund to what they call my short payment, so they are charging me $47.59 a day interest for what they say is a short payment of $2656.10. First, it was not a short payment and Ditech should not have paid the property tax bill. Second, that is unethical, unreasonable and criminal.

My only choice was to ONCE AGAIN give them thousands of dollars to keep from accruing interest at an extortionist's rate. This will be the second time that Ditech has illegally kept $5000-$6000 worth of my money for months at a time, only to return it when they could figure out the elementary math involved in refunding an overpayment that they REQUIRED ME TO PAY. I will never work this company again. This is the most despicable lender I have ever worked with. Buyer Beware. If this name ever appears on your mortgage, make a plan to refinance as quickly as possible.

We have tried paying off this company for two months now and to no avail have we been successful. We sent them the payoff amount but for some reason were $4.?? short on the payoff. That was Sept 15, 2016. Now we are told that we owe them $153.35 in interest and late fees. They are billing us according to the original amount owed not the $4 and some change. So we asked them why that was and get told we didn't pay correctly and they are allowed to charge us that way. So we are paying $149 and some change and in late fees and interest and they are also telling us that this $153.35 may not pay them off when they receive that payment. So now we just have to keep paying and pray they let release our lien. These are some of the rudest people. But when I mentioned an attorney they said they no longer had to talk to me and that things needed to be done on paper from here on out.

If you haven't done your homework, Ditech is still owned by the same people who owned Green Tree. They were taking money off the top of the business and keeping people's money without documenting. Lots of people lost money. They changed the name and a few other things but the owner is the same. We are all getting ripped off. This may not make sense to someone reading it as I have no business writing complaints when the adrenaline is pumping, this company is a joke. I even had our banking manager call them and when they figured out that he was telling them how they were doing things that are illegal they stopped talking to him too. This company needs to be closed down!!!

They have made MAJOR errors on our escrow account. Even our property taxes went down over a thousand dollars. They misapply our payments somehow; that it does not show up, and I need to pay ADDITIONAL EXTRA funds to bring my escrow up to date by DITECH mishandling our payments. What have they done with all the extra money we sent them monthly for our escrow??? Sent a ton of emails and phone calls. Haven't heard back, just sent a letter saying "Juanita ** is your account representative. Please contact her." Well we have been trying over and over. She is never there. Juanita ** never calls back.

They are the worst mortgage company in the world. They gave me a loan modification and stated the charge would be $500 and my new payment is $112.52 per month for 40 years for an $8,000 principal. But each month they are going out to my yard mowing it for (30 x 20) feet for $80 per week. They say they have to keep up the property up... They are also coming out to inspect it? Also twice for a charge of $80. I did not authorize these bogus charges and when I complain they say I can do nothing. I am calling the state's attorney.

After approximately 15 years, Green Tree sold our account to Ditech. We never have been late during all the years with Green Tree. I have my account set up to be paid through by bank. However recently my account did not get paid in full. I was lacking $46.79! I received a call from Ditech collection office and was treated very rude. I could not believe the amount still owing of $46.79 would cause a late payment fee and a rude call after being an outstanding customer for 15 years. I was told I would be reported to the credit reporting agencies for being 30 days late if not paid by 11/15 in the amount of $46.79.

I was told I could bring my account up-to-date if I would provide them with my bank routing and account number; however, I was driving my car at the time and I was not in a position to give my information. The collector continued to advise me I would be sent to the reporting credit agencies because I failed to pay the additional amount of $46.79. I tried to explain I was out-of-town and would not be returning until the 15th and I did not have the information available to give them except for my debit card; however, they could not receive payment using my debit card. I ended the conversation saying I would get the additional amount to them as soon as I returned home.

Additionally, my monthly payments were generally over the required monthly payments. I could not believe that this company did not and would not take into consideration our payment history. If they would have simply called and said we noticed your account was not paid in full and asked to send the remaining amount as soon as possible, I would have been more than accommodating. Customer service and/or company policies are definitely a company I would prefer not doing business with and if I had a choice I would not be doing business with this company!!!

I have has several bad experiences with Ditech, but the last one takes the cake. I requested a payoff figure for my mortgage, sent the certified check overnight to the address on the payoff letter and according to Ditech, I now owe more money than when I made the payment. Seems as if someone decided to reverse an earlier payment so that I now have an outstanding principal balance as well as an unapplied balance that is more than enough to cover the principal. Calling customer service is pointless as they have no idea how to correct payment issues and everything is referred to another department that you are not allowed to talk to. If you are considering taking out a mortgage with this company, I would highly recommend against this decision. If your present mortgage company is going to sell your mortgage to Ditech, I would recommend refinancing to avoid the endless problems that surely will be coming your way.

My son had a mortgage with Green Tree which was turned over to Ditech Financial. My son passed away 3 1/2 years ago. His financial accounts were depleted due his health problems. He was single and had no children so nothing went into probate. I could not get the mortgage company to give me any information and since my son's home is a mobile home and on my property I just made the payments on the house. In July 2016 my son's house got flooded due to broken hot water tank pipes. We had insurance on the house but the company didn't get the name changed on the policy. The insurance company made the check out to my son and Ditech so I had to hire an attorney who did a small state affidavit for me and wrote a letter to the insurance company so they could issue the check in my name and Ditech.

It took until Oct to get all of that done (4 months). On Oct 7, 2016 I sent the check, a copy of the death certificate, the affidavit and a letter asking them to pay off the house and refund the difference. I sent it in overnight mail. Since then I have called them trying to get information and they always tell me I'm not on the account and I have also sent them several copies of the death certificate and the affidavit. Seems like everything just disappears. The only mail I've been getting from them is foreclosure notices, late notices, and they want to put insurance on the house because I have not renewed the policy. Today I found out from the insurance company that the check was cashed on Oct 19, 2016. I called Ditech again with a different phone number that I found online and a lady actually told me that the check was put in the escrow account and she would correct it. Ridiculous! And a huge waste of time!

My mortgage was sold to Ditech and the experience has been terrible. They lack customer service and have now mis-allocated my payments for 4 months. This is ridiculous. They apologize but nothing gets fixed. I will be looking for the appropriate regulatory agency for filing a complaint. Stay away for Ditech.

I called Ditech last year when I was having trouble paying my mortgage. I received no help and was treated very poorly by the cs rep. He asked me what I did with my money and why can’t I pay my mortgage! I asked for papers to do a modification filled them out and found out they did nothing with my papers. I reapplied again, called every day to find out documents were missing. Resent almost every week. Then I came home from work to find they put me in foreclosure while I have been talking to them. Now almost a year later they just denied me! Getting a lawyer!!! They are disgusting!

I am attempting to save my home of 21 years with a Home Modification Loan from Ditech. I lost my job and became a caretaker to my mom for 4 years whom had a stroke and then contracted cancer. Through this hardship I became late on mortgage payments. I have been conversing with Ditech since the first of May 2016 until now November 2016 to check on the status of where my Modification is. I have sent all the required documents and have received 2 letters from Ditech that the matter was being reviewed and the process would take 30 days.

The last letter I received was over 2 months ago. I have called them every month several times since May and receive the same response... The matter is still in pending. My representative Michele ** will not return my calls nor will anyone transfer her to me. I am very distraught and have horrible anxiety over this situation as I cannot lose my home I have lived in for so long and obviously, have a history of being able to maintain it except for a few hard luck years. I now work for a doctor and have a stable salary. Ditech has my salary information as well as all the other documents they have asked for. Very frustrating. A horrible way to run a company and very unprofessional.

I highly urge you to stay away from this lender if at all possible! Their customer service needs some major reviews and adjustments. I have been told several times that a manager will call me back and it just doesn't happen! Still waiting... I am not holding my breath. We have decided to close our loan with them as they have made MAJOR errors on our account!! This company has caused an immense amount of stress and they don't care. It took them 6 months to pay my property taxes! Yes that is right, 6 months!!! I hope they are caught up. Luckily the county I reside in understands my situation and actually advised for us to refinance. Never again!!! If you have a choice, I advise going somewhere else!

In late 2015, my family filed for bankruptcy. We did not include our house in the bankruptcy, but ultimately decided we needed to move. In April 2016, we had an opportunity to move into a rental home. We immediately notified Ditech we had vacated the house. Repeated attempts to contact Ditech via e-mail and phone resulted in no real response to our situation. Ditech did offer us a refinance option which we politely declined. Early on in the process, we asked about a deed in lieu, but were told we don't qualify because of the bankruptcy. We continue to carry insurance on the vacant house; the electric is still on for A/C; and we mow the grass every few weeks. It has now been almost a year since we stopped making house payments to Ditech. In GA, mortgage companies can start foreclosure proceedings after 120 days of non-payment. We really feel we have done all we can in trying to get Ditech to take possession of this house. HELP!!!

Ditech Financial bought my loan from Green Tree, which had bought the loan from Citibank. I did not choose them. I sold my property earlier this year [2016] at the end of March. Today is October 25th and I finally received the reimbursement check for overage in the escrow account. Why did it take this long? I spent many hours on the phone with customer service asking for reissue of my refund. The first check was sent within 2 weeks of the sale but it was written to my deceased husband and me so I was unable to cash it. I sent a letter to Ditech Financial explaining my situation, returned the check and sent a certified copy of my deceased husband's death certificate and asked for a reissue of the check in my name only.

It was almost impossible to speak with a supervisor or anyone in authority - you have to leave a message, but they never call back. And you cannot speak with anyone in the check writing department. When I finally did speak with a supervisor in August, she said I needed to provide more documentation [copy of my late husband's will naming me executor of his estate] which I did that day and the supervisor confirmed this was the needed document. Why didn't any of the many customer service people I spoke to from April to August mention this???? Supervisor said she would expedite my request. Really??? Another 2 month wait with multiple calls in the meantime. There is no excuse for a customer having to wait 7 months for a refund of monies in an escrow account. And no, they did not pay interest on the money, which was over $1,300. I would never recommend Ditech Financial to anyone.

So I was late on 1 mortgage payment since Ditech Financial took over our account from Greentree. I paid the late fee of $94 and some change. I get my next mortgage statement and a late fee is assessed again. For what?? I wasn't late on my payment nor do I plan to be on the ones that follow. What gives? I can't reach anyone. I sent an email and no one replies. Wait, I did get an automated message saying my message was sent and received.

Today (4 days later) I send another message. Again, all I received was an automated reply but this time it said that the matter is being "looked into". Are these guys short staffed? Do they need help in their accounting department? Also, the new terms of my loan are just ridiculous. I see a class action lawsuit in Ditech's future. I bet they owe so MANY people money. Does anyone know if this has been looked into? My husband and I are making it our mission to find another company to handle our mortgage and to get rid of Ditech altogether. These guys are CRIMINALS!

I was approved for a refinance of my loan by this company. Even paid out of pocket for my appraisal - then two days before my rate lock expires they deny my loan because I complained about my loan processor "Vicki" who cannot even speak English or write a professional email. My communications with her HORRIBLE at best, were filled with misspellings, incorrect usage of words, and just plain awful customer service.

Here is an example of her writings: "We unable moving on the process of the condo questionnaire answer. See bellows confirmation." Really, is that your idea of good customer service Ditech? You currently have my loan, and won't refinance because of a questionnaire that my HOA didn't fill out correctly? I will be refinancing, but with a different company. I'm glad you will be out of my life soon!

My mortgage was sold to Ditech from GreenTree. I received an email offering refinancing with $0 closing cost. Contacted Ditech and had the process started. Email all relevant docs and paid for an appraisal. It's now has been over 3 weeks and after several emails and phone calls request for an update. No reply from the company. My credit is excellent with great income. Very bad treatment from Ditech. Stay away from these people. I am now filing a complain and a lawsuit against Ditech.

I submitted a home owner's insurance check to our mortgage company for endorsement. Our insurance agent made the check out to my husband, myself, and Ditech. They deposited the check into our escrow account over a month ago. I called 3 weeks ago, wondering where the check was. They said "oh, we just sent you a letter TODAY stating that we need the w9 and estimate." Well, isn't that a coincidence? Why didn't they contact me earlier and ask for that information? They obviously have my address and phone number. So I had our contractor send a w9 and estimate so they would release the check back to us to pay for the repairs. I called the day after he faxed the information in, and they said they received the fax, but were behind on processing, so asked me to call back in a few days and my check would be processed and on its way back to us.

I called a few days later, and the representative told me we had all the information in that was required, they were still running behind, and I didn't need to do or submit anything else. Just wait for the check. I called a week later, having STILL not received the check. Now they tell me that the w9 and estimate faxes were partially legible, and the representative doesn't know why the representative didn't tell me this last week, and "Could I have the contractor resend the information?" They told me they would "mark my account" and watch for the fax so they can process my check immediately.

40 hours after my contractor faxed the information, the fax department hasn't submitted it to the claims department. Everyone is sorry for my inconvenience, yet nobody can do anything: just wait. So, I receive a letter in the meantime telling me that once I send in before and after pictures of our repair they will release the other half of my check! Now I am to believe that once we get this mess settled, I am only getting half the money, then will have to wait for who knows how long to get the rest. Meanwhile, our contractor is waiting to get paid. I am so frustrated with this company. I will post updates, and hopefully be able to say soon that I received the insurance check back. As of today, it has been 40 days since the Ditech deposited my insurance check.

I had my Mortgage with Greentree. They as we all know sold to Ditech Financial LLC. I had damage from a plumbing leak cause significant Damage including Mold which needed to be mitigated quickly. I put an Insurance Claim with New Jersey Manufactures Insurance, a very reputable Insurance Company based in N.J. I say one of the best in the Nation. I went through the process of the Claim, Estimate, Adjuster and the Checks were issued within a week of the paperwork being signed off on. I then proceeded to have my Wife and I endorse the checks. I had the SBA as second position and Ditech in First. I forwarded the check to DiTech, the 7 to 10 Business rule kicked in and the Checks were returned now two weeks later, still no Mold Remediation. They sent numerous documents requesting all the information they were given and returned the checks, now the SBA had to endorse first.

I forwarded the Checks and the SBA had them endorsed and returned within a week. Ditech was now resent all the documents and Checks and as of today October 18, 2016 said the were deposited in my escrow account and the required documents would not be processed until October 25, 2016. This Company has horrible policies on this issue, Customer Service that has limited hours and days off. They should have a 24 7 operation with all the Claims being processed. I was advised that prior to Hurricane Matthew 26,000 claims were being processed, Typical Large Investor Driven Corporation that holds the Consumer Hostage. I Thank God my Contractor has worked without payment since October 7, 2016.

I will be filing a Complaint with N.J. Insurance and Banking or Consumer Affairs. Ditech has no problem holding on to Insurance Money because they have a vested Interest in the Property. I have a bigger responsibility, my Family, their Health (Mold) and a Safe environment. Will Ditech pay the Medical Bills should an illness occurs. They also mandate an Inspection prior to releasing the final funds %50. So the Money you need to pay the Contractor will not be released until the work is done, however the Contractor can refuse to finish the work until you pay them. What a bunch of Garbage. This Company needs to be hauled into Court and answer the Unfair and I believe Illegal actions on behalf of Consumers.

Stay away from this company. Any company that does not value their customers anymore than they have displayed to me does not deserve to be in business. They made a mistake and would not admit it, stated that they were innocent and my check was LOST in the mail. Strangely, the same day they received my new check (checks written and mailed 2 weeks apart), they received the old check and the new check and cashed both checks with my written requested to NOT cash the last if the first check was found and cashed. They ignored my request and cashed both checks, causing and overdraw in my bank account. I was charged close to $100.00. I want this money repaid to me!!!

Ditech switched to Green Tree and everything went downhill from there. I handle my father's financial affairs. He is fully disabled with a heart condition which means he can't work. His income is extremely limited to say the least. With Green Tree the monthly payment was $454. Ditech booted the payment up to $720 a month. This last month to catch up on what we were behind we made a full payment then came up with another $800, which for us was not easy. I was then contacted this month asking for another payment and then some because supposedly we were still $2000 behind. I have requested a history of payments (I have my own I just want to make sure they match up) and a list of all the fees and charges that they claim to be due.

We had no notice or choice when our note was sold. For someone who has worked all of his life to build his home and make something for his self and family, to be treated like this is a shame. He is fully disabled. I think if this company is not stopped they will continue to take advantage of the middle class people and drive people from their homes just so they can make a quick profit. These people are crooks. To make a payment over the phone costs $20. If you mail it magically gets lost or detained every single month so they can charge a late fee and they won't let you make payments online unless you are caught up on payments. This is an awful company. I can't find a single satisfied customer!

My mortgage was sold to this abominable company... Ditech. They have refused to honor my Homestead Exemption on my taxes. I recently had York County, SC send me a copy of my taxes, showing this exemption and sent in on to Ditech Tax Dept. per instructions from Customer Service. Today a supervisor in their Tax Dept. told me that the document showing my taxes (that they requested) "maybe got lost in the mail". Furthermore, in any case... they would NOT be changing my tax collected in escrow. I am looking for the address of their corporate offices and will be filing a complaint with BBB in their area. Also in the process of refinancing with a trustworthy company, my local bank, who serviced my last mortgage. Do not willingly sign on with this company for a mortgage. And if your loan gets sold to Ditech, get away, refinance as soon as possible.

Ditech Financial Company Profile