Ditech Financial

We are in the business of helping Americans realize the dream of home ownership. The irony is that while buying a home can be a joyful and uplifting experience, getting a mortgage can be anything but. We aim to change that.

Our purpose: securing the American Dream
Our approach: helpful, responsive, efficient and fair
Our values: honesty, responsibility, transparency and creativity

Our promise: to put your needs first!

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had a mortgage with Citi and they sold it to Ditech well over a yr ago. At that time I was on a biweekly plan & was never changed a late fee. Since I have refinanced, I have had nothing but problems. My first call to set up biweekly payment I gave them the wrong day, guilty. Called them 2 weeks after I noted my error and supposedly they took care of problem. NOT! Called again today & was told I would experience a late fee if not paid before the 16th. I have never received any paperwork in regards to this. It was ok before, but not now? Not happy at all!! I have worked hard to have stellar credit & I'll be damned if this disorganized company will take me down!!

Bank of America decided to sell the home loan to Ditech. The interest rate changed (although stated in the original paperwork that it would remain @3.5%) to 6.5%. Started accruing interest and increased the original loan by $20K dollars. Mitigation package showed up to help with the cost factoring in bills and relative payments. Helpful for the first 3 month period to get back on track. New mortgage papers (second process to so-called help) shows up with the new payment at the same amount with a 2.0% interest rate. Not bad to say thanks and you guys really helped. WARNING (READ THE FINE PRINT).

A balloon loan had been established with a rate increase over time and interest which will be compounded to the life of the loan. SO in the end a meager 21K balloon payment to secure the home will have exponential interest accrued, and the kicker, even if the property is sold prior the life of the loan the 21K has to be paid upon sale. Yeah coming-and-going is what Ditech is. This company lacks any efficacy for privatized home ownership.

I thought I was the only person that had problems with Ditech. I had been with GMAC Mortgage for over 10 yrs with a perfect payment history (never late). Green Tree took over eventually, continued my payments being deducted bi-monthly. Without any warning they were bought out by Ditech and everything has been in the crapper since then. I called after my 2nd payment was missed inquiring why they weren't deducting the payments when all my previous mortgage companies carried over the same terms. "We are a different mortgage company" -- yeah you got that right. The only way they would continue the bimonthly payments after I was caught up or take the entire amount owed out at ONCE... I am a single mom.

Every time I called I got a rude CSR to deal with and they would Never listen to me, Never offer any solutions only lectures. I stopped calling. I wrote 2 scathing emails to their "contact us" email telling them I would NOT be calling again and why I wouldn't. Each time I would be given a new person to take over my account... SAME attitude. Now I have received paperwork telling me "your account is seriously past due" and talking about how I can avoid foreclosure by applying for a "Modification Trial period Plan". I am scared to death to do this (after reading everyone's posts) but I don't want to lose my home... HELP.

I'll keep it brief. We've owned our home in Portland, Oregon since 1998. Never ever missed a payment. Ditech bought our mortgage from one of the dozens of corporations who had it before. Then the money stopped being taken out of our account in October 2016. We called right away, assured that it was fine. Cut to today, December 28, 2016. Still they haven't taken money out, and we have tried to talk to a human, twice a week since the day after Thanksgiving. Care to guess what happened? They want to penalize us $$$ and pay what we owed, or it's foreclosure time. Gee, am I pissed?? Hell yes.

Welcome to Trumpenomics people. Research them for yourselves as I have done. It's OBVIOUSLY a plan set forth to gouge as much money and to hell with the people. Who's up for a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT?? Contact me at **. Make it obvious that it's not spam. I'm sure that just registering this account will generate a ton of crap from other corporations that buy the mailing list. Do you 'member when this country used really be the best? (South Park fans will catch the reference).

Warning of this company! Ditech increased my monthly mortgage payment midyear causing my automatic payment (based on their stated amount for the year) to not pay the full amount, less $68... so they then charged a late payment of $61. They refused to refund the charge.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial, LLC?

My husband and I are also VICTIMS of Ditech. They obtained our mortgage from Bank of America. Every year they have been sending us a escrow-shortage letter of which NO One can even explain. This year we even received a $5,000 voucher that was applied directly to our principal. Still we received the shortage letter and a large increase in mortgage payment for 2017. Something really needs to be done.

I've been paying an extra $100 a month to Ditech towards my principal for 5 months now. I just discovered that not all my amount is going towards the principal. I called them and they say it's because my escrow has a negative balance. BUT I viewed my account and the principal payment has gone up and down!! Is this even legal??

My mortgage on an investment property was sold to Ditech. I pay my mortgage through electronic transfer on or around the 25th of every month with the due date of my payment the first of the next month. For the last two months I am receiving robo telephone, three to four calls a day that says call Ditech at this telephone number. I have voice mail - all it shows is the name Ditech and the robo call says to call their 800 number - no message as to who is calling and the purpose of their call. I finally had enough and I called their 800 number last month in November and found that my mortgage payment had been received but not applied to my mortgage. I have no idea where Ditech applied that payment but it was not on my mortgage. This man pulled up my account and found that my payment had been received but was not applied to my mortgage.

Once again this month, I am receiving three to four robo telephone calls from Ditech, again not leaving a voice mail just to call the 800 number. I called that number today and again spoke to a very nice man, asked him to pull up my account, which he did, and asked him what date did Ditech receive my mortgage payment to pay the December 1 due date. He did this and found that Ditech had received my payment and that my payment had again been misapplied. I don't know where Ditech applied my mortgage payments. I do know that they received the payment before the due date and I can prove it from my bank account.

This is two months that this is happening, and I have both times told them that if anything shows up on my credit report, impacting my very good FICO score, the next time Ditech will hear from me will be through my attorney. The funny thing is that Ditech also continually e-mails, mails me or calls me about refinancing this mortgage. Do they honestly think that I would ever do business with this company again?

The loan has ended. The account is in my son's name who died 14 yrs ago. I have been making the payments, the bills were sent to my home address in my name. Now, I can't get the payoff info because the loan is not in my name. Meanwhile, I get a bill for 1 cent every month and then get charged $27.46 late charge when I don't pay the penny. This is immoral, unethical and hopefully illegal.

My mortgage was sold to Ditech from Green Tree. I received an email offering refinancing with $0 closing cost. Contacted Ditech and had the process started. Email all relevant docs and paid for an appraisal. It's now has been over 3 months and after several emails and phone calls request for an update. No reply from the company. My credit is excellent with great income. Very bad treatment from Ditech, they are scamming people.

Well for starters after my original loan being bought out by them, I refi with them as soon as I was bought out. I found out my PMI starts over not like what it was prior to refi. I even furnished the letter in email from them stating it would be off the first one. Well it is not. They reset it even though I have paid my loan down 40 thousand. Next I live in La. The 1000 year flood, no one was able to work for at least a month, payroll companies were flooded, I asked for a 1 month extension and they said no and asked me if I needed the address to return the keys.

They offered no help and said it was not their concern, then apologized when I went on about how many people lost everything. They held my extra money that I sent in suspense until I saw it. Another payment they posted all in escrow and sent me a bill, then apologized as they read their new statement wrong. Cannot get an answer from this company, they just say a manager will reach out to you. Waited 3 weeks, nothing, then their Facebook acct. "We will have this cleared up for you. Expect a call from us." They then blocked me. Disgraceful.

The mortgage was through Bank of America then Green Tree and Ditech in the last 5 months our payment has went up. They say it's from a escrow shortage cause our taxes went up so we call our local authority office and have them send us papers on our taxes going up and they said it didn't go up. Ditech says it went up by 800 dollars in some a year and the tax paper shows it went up 30 dollars so our payment went from 759 to 839 a month.

Went, sent all the papers in that it did not go up like they say and montages later still nothing has changed. It keep going up and they keep putting late fee on when we have never been late. I was told by the first guy they didn't get enough money from Green Tree for our escrow when they switched to Ditech be then we was told Ditech is Green Tree. I would love to do a class action lawsuit against them. Please if anyone would help get this going I'm down to help they need stopped. I'm sick of dealing with them. They think they are slick robbing us, please help.

Lost house due to nonpayment, unemployed for 9 months. Refused to work with me. Then sells house, and I get the runaround. "Talk to law firm." Law firm: "Talk to Ditech." Then locked out of property, can't remove personal property, then Ditech files a fraudulent homeowners claim. Glad to see the little guy gets the shaft again while they get rich.

Had Citibank for several years until we hit hard times and had to have a modification and at the end of the modification, they sold my account to Ditech FKA GreenTree. It has been awful. Still having a hard time with payments and tried another modification and sent all the paperwork via fax and mail and they said they never received it even though I had receipts saying they did. Finally I was eligible for a forbearance program but what I didn't understand was that after the six months you have to pay the entire balance back. Ditech did not tell me that even though I paid the forbearance on time, I would still be marked late. Therefore my credit is in the hole!

I have been dealing with an ongoing issue with Ditech for 3 months. I made payment arrangements through my local tax office to pay my property taxes. I then received my monthly statement from Ditech with an additional fee for property taxes. I had completed my payment arrangements to pay off the taxes. Ditech stated that they paid the taxes on my behalf and that I would need to contact my local tax office. The representative at my local tax office informed me that the only payments showing were the ones in which I made.

I notified Ditech of this and at one point one of the customer service reps admitted the error but needless to say the alleged recorded conversation line is only beneficial for their convenience because each time I speak with someone different it's like starting from the beginning... No recollections of previous conversations. I submitted documentations showing receipt of payment of taxes by me to no avail. I continue to receive delinquent notices and threats of them taking the next steps with their lawyer. Mind you I received a letter stating my documents had been received and it was being investigated.

I have asked for proof of payment from them since the tax office stated they did not receive a check from them. To resolve this matter if they could provide documentation showing where they paid the taxes I would repay them and deal with the tax office on getting a refund for double payment. Ditech claims they paid $500 more than what I owed on my taxes. They are very unprofessional and full of lies. They claim they cannot stop the delinquent fees even under investigation so all of this is being reported on my credit. Dealing with them has been a nightmare, you get nowhere with customer service.

I am falling behind with money for my mortgage payment for the month of December. I'm trying to be proactive and consult Ditech about their mortgage assistance. They transferred me to C/S. I can barely understand the guy because of his thick Indian (dot not the feather) accent and informs me that my payment needs to be late in order for him to help me. I asked what kind of program they offer if I miss a payment. He said he couldn't tell me. This man seemed really shady and hearing about all the bad reviews with Ditech I'm not sure I want to find out how Ditech can help me. Time to go crap some money.

Our mortgage was sold to Ditech. My mortgage payments were on auto pay with old lender. I mistakenly made three duplicate payments to Ditech. Took months for them to refund the duplicate payments. Their accounting is so screwed up, they think we owe them money now. They reported us to credit bureau as being late despite the fact we have proof of every single payment being made on time. Despite speaking with at least 10 people at Ditech who all see we are paid up and say they will fix it, they are unable to fix this 7 months later. RIDICULOUS.

Every month I pay more than required for my mortgage. The overpayment should be applied to the principal in order to reduce it. DITECH takes this money and applies it to the next month's INTEREST and does not apply it to my principal. I call this theft. I have called and advised them that I will sue them. This company is so corrupted, their license to operate should be revoked.

Trying to get a modified existing mortgage to lower interest rate from 8.9% to 3.9% since May at the suggestion of one of their officers in Rapid City. After SEVERAL applications with 3 loan officers in Pennsylvania, Kevin **, Scott **, Thomas **, Lori ** (Florida), house appraisal done, title company contacting us, application(s) were closed because the MORONS either went on vacation or were too lazy, incompetent to know what they were doing. In the meantime Ditech has increased my mortgage payments by $500! After they were at $1,0075 for 16 years! This is illegal and this company should be investigated!!!

You call, put on hold for more than an hour, give your account number, they have no clue how to answer you. My past phone call I was told they do not work for Ditech. They need to email to get an answer! Really what happened to talking to your mortgage company? If I can help anyone don't do it with Ditech. They have no clue. I asked if my property taxes were paid, go on my county website NO.

My mortgage was originally with Bank of America. It got sold to Green Tree and that was fine. The nightmare began when it was taken over by Ditech. In 2015, I called to see when the PMI was to be removed and the C/S rep said when the LTV hits 80%. LTV hit 80% I called to inquire why the PMI was not taken off. The 2nd C/S rep said it should have been taken off in September 2016 since LTV hit 79%. Called back today 11/30/2016 and new C/S rep stated that now LTV has to hit 78% in order for the PMI to drop off. I then asked if I send in an extra payment that would set the LTV down under 78% would that work. 3rd C/S rep said I would have to pay $450 for an appraisal to occur in order to have the LTV to be terminated prior to September 2017.

So even if the LTV is under the 78% threshold the PMI would not automatically terminate but would only terminate September 2017. This does not make any sense. There is no incentive to pay down your mortgage to get rid of PMI. It seems Ditech is only interested in squeezing it's customers who pay on time without issue every cent they can and they have no recourse. BTW, my loan docs do not say 78% threshold. They say 80% threshold. Ditech needs to be investigated by the FBI, SEC, FHA, Attorney General, etc. for its illegal practices.

I have been having the same issue as many others here. State Farm paid a claim for water and roof damage to my home back in September. The check was issued to myself and Ditech. The check was forwarded to Ditech and they have been holding it ever since. Two months of sitting with a hole in my roof getting more damage because Ditech will not return the funds. Every day it is a different story. Today is November 30th and Ditech has not released monies paid by State Farm. At my wits with working with them. Next stop attorney and news stations.

Ditech's phones have out for a week. I have three trial payments for a loan modification scheduled but they still say I am past due. All I want to know is if this is normal. How can you run a major corporation and have phones out for days??

Ditech is awful, unprofessional and untrustworthy. My loan was sold to Citibank and then to Green Tree. Ditech bought Green Tree and began charging me for homeowners insurance even though I already have it. They also increased my taxes despite the city tax has not increased. My mortgage went up $300.00. I have called countless times and still have not have this resolved.

I would like to say that Ditech was so amazing working with me during a hard time I was having. I spoke with a gentleman named Ivan. He was so kind, and helped me with my issue. This company has been the best company I have ever worked with, and I have had some bad ones. Thank You Ditech!

My account started with Bank of America. Then sold to Greentree. I had issues every month, called and harassed for no reason because my account even when with BOA was set up through bill pay and scheduled to pay every 1st of the month. Same with GT. Luckily I persisted every time they called me to make sure they traced my payment and I hounded them until they regretted calling me in the first place. But this got old and I looked to refinance so I could get away from these fraudulent morons.

I got it financed through Quicken Loans and had a breath of air for like a MONTH! And I got notified that THESE MORONS were now my mortgage owners again! I felt sucker punched! Then they got sued and they seemed to cool off then. They changed names to Ditech and the holiday continued for some months and THEY ARE BACK AT IT AGAIN. I still send 100 bucks over my expected payments and then I get this notice I owed money. HOW?

Next I get notified by my credit monitoring service of an alert of LATE PAYMENTS for 2 months. First let me advise everyone here. IT IS FRAUD and Violation of fair credit reporting act, Violation of the Fair Debit collection practices act and defamation of character. Period. You have more power than these morons. First send a dispute to the credit bureaus. They will likely verify it and say it is valid, then send a letter to Ditech to show what the money they say you owe is for, EXPLAIN and show you how they calculated what they say you owe, etc.

Send registered mail and return card. Wait 30 days and if no satisfactory reply, send to the Bureaus and they will delete it from your credit with the approval of these morons or not. The easier way is to go to your local courts and file a lawsuit of the 3 violations. A class action is also easier to really get to punish and get these morons out of business and let honest mortgage companies operate.

My loan started with Bank of America and was sold to Greentree which is now Ditech. I have sent them bank statements three times showing that I have made all my payments in this loan modification and they tell me that I am behind on payments but they can't tell me which months and year. I have made all of my payments for the last five years in this loan modification and I have provided my bank statements showing all the payments have been made. This nightmare has been going on since May of this year. I need some advice.

I am currently in foreclosure and my house is listed for Sheriff Sale and should not be. I recently found out that Ditech has been over-billing me $242 more monthly than my actual real estate taxes billed by the city since 2014. Which resulted in them offering me a Fannie Mae Streamline Mortgage Modification 90 day trial period which was at least $242 more than it should have been, which made it unaffordable for me at that time. Despite the fact that I provided them the evidence of my annual real estate taxes from the City of Philadelphia Real Estate Tax Department in May 2016, to-date they have refused to correct their records and notify the Court of their reprehensible actions and my home is still listed for Sheriff Sale on December 6, 2016.

Ditech took over 3 months to get our issue resolved which also prevented us from being able to refinance. Over the life of our loan, this refinance would have saved us tens of thousands of dollars. Ditech reported a late payment to the credit bureaus which was not our fault to begin with. Ditech recognized that it was not our fault and we even provided proof and they still reported the late payment. It took almost 2 months for them to finally tell me that they would not take off the late payment from our credit reports.

We found a bank to refinance us with the 1 late payment. The loan officer pulled our credit again and Ditech reported another late payment the month after the 1st late payment. So during the dispute of the 1st late payment, Ditech reported another late payment to the credit bureaus although our payment history clearly showed that we were not late. I had to report another dispute in order for them to update the credit bureaus again. At that time, I was told by our loan officer that if I could get a letter stating that the 2nd late payment was incorrect that we could move forward with refinancing.

It took Ditech another 2 1/2 weeks to write a simple letter stating that the 2nd late payment was incorrect. By the time I received the letter, the rates went up and it was no longer advantageous for us to refinance. I did not choose this bank as my 1st lender was Green Tree. Our loan was turned over to Ditech shortly after purchasing our home. If you have the choice in the lender, please look elsewhere. I would hate for another family to experience the hardship this bank has caused our family.

Ditech Financial LLC, formerly GreenTree, rates a very unfavorable experience due to their unethical business practices. Initially, when I bought my home they estimated my escrow more than 2 and half times of the amount needed for an entire year's worth of taxes and insurance. I complained to no avail. Within 6 months, I had a "refund" for overpayment that was nearly half of what I had been required to escrow. 6 months after that, they indicated that my escrow was now short, and my payment required an increase. The math is not hard. Total insurance for one year (one number), plus total property taxes for one year (second number), add the two numbers together and divide by 12 (for the number of payments in one year). That is the amount of your escrow payment.

Several years in, and I became fed up with their inability to perform elementary math. I refinanced my loan with another lender. The lender/title co. requested a payoff and informed Ditech that I would pay my upcoming property tax bill. I paid the property tax bill and my new lender sent in my total payoff to Ditech. Ditech notified me of a short payoff because they had paid my property tax bill at the same time they were receiving my payoff. Local tax authority immediately refunded that money to Ditech, however, it will take up to three months for Ditech to credit the property tax refund to what they call my short payment, so they are charging me $47.59 a day interest for what they say is a short payment of $2656.10. First, it was not a short payment and Ditech should not have paid the property tax bill. Second, that is unethical, unreasonable and criminal.

My only choice was to ONCE AGAIN give them thousands of dollars to keep from accruing interest at an extortionist's rate. This will be the second time that Ditech has illegally kept $5000-$6000 worth of my money for months at a time, only to return it when they could figure out the elementary math involved in refunding an overpayment that they REQUIRED ME TO PAY. I will never work this company again. This is the most despicable lender I have ever worked with. Buyer Beware. If this name ever appears on your mortgage, make a plan to refinance as quickly as possible.

Ditech Financial Company Profile