Ditech Financial
3.38/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Ditech Financial

We are in the business of helping Americans realize the dream of home ownership. The irony is that while buying a home can be a joyful and uplifting experience, getting a mortgage can be anything but. We aim to change that.

Our purpose: securing the American Dream

Our approach: helpful, responsive, efficient and fair

Our values: honesty, responsibility, transparency and creativity

Our promise: to put your needs first!

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Ditech Financial Reviews

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I almost lost my home thanks to Ditech. Most humiliating experience ever. Never before have I dealt with a more unprofessional, unethical group of individuals. By decree of divorce I was court ordered to refinance my property under a time constraint to remove the ex from the mortgage. Since Ditech already held the mortgage I thought they would be more than happy to work with me. Things went smoothly at first. Within one week conditional loan approval was issued and a property appraisal ordered. This is when things went bad. The appraisal was a sham coming in $49,000 below market value. Aside from the ridiculous appraised value it was full of omissions and errors namely incorrect room count, inaccurate footprint, comparables including REO's without explanation, cost to replace quoted at 1/2 the actual replacement cost per square foot.. The list goes on and on.

When I brought these issues to the attention of Ditech, instead of investigating the obvious problems with the appraisal, underwriting placed condition upon condition on the proposed refinance based solely on the sham appraisal. I tried to satisfy the conditions at first but more was applied daily. While this was going on, the loan processor was rude and unprofessional over the phone. His e-mails were downright threatening, only serving to display his ignorance. Two months into the process they came back with a modified loan proposal requiring $30,000 up front with even more conditions. I was humiliated. That is when I told them to forget it.

Luckily I applied to a real bank to secure the refinance. We closed the mortgage one day ahead of the deadline set by the divorce court judge. Had I not applied to another lender when I did, my property would have been sold out from under me thanks to Ditech. Their now infamous ad slogan years ago was "Lost another loan to Ditech". I almost lost my home to Ditech. I have nothing good to say about the non-bank entity known as Ditech so I will say nothing more other than it's no wonder they entered chapter 11 for the second time.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Title company called & sent docs for a payoff, they had to get supervisor then they stalled some more, now they want another 7-10 days. This is horrible & the title company can't close & get people into a new home because of this. It is shameful. Di-tech this is money you don't deserve. Pay off the note.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I never asked for this two bid agency as a mortgage provider, it was forced on me by god knows how many buyouts. First thing was the lack of confidence in their service providers that know absolutely nothing, cannot seem to do or answer anything. I filled bankruptcy years ago but always paid my mortgage and they had the audacity to bring that up and tell me in not so many words I should be thankful for their service. WHAT? I paid them off, paid in FULL!!! And they are simply put, EXTREMELY RUDE, and still, I have to wait for these royal pains in the ** to send me my release and title 30 days. It's unbelievable. I hope they get their pants sued off and they are dissolved completely and the other poor mortgage holders that this evil company acquired. Get a company that plays fair and know how their company works.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

This is the most unprofessional business I've ever dealt with in my entire life. After finding out a home I had with my ex-husband was pending foreclosure and not once being notified, I contacted Ditech to see what I could do. I've had near perfect credit my entire life and this was obviously making it lousy. Again, they never called me, I had to call numerous times and every time I called they asked me the exact same questions over and over. I asked them why they don't have notes in their system because I've answered these questions a million times. They would always say "the foreclosure is set for this date" and I would tell them YES, I KNOW!

I ended up sending a check for the entire past due amount, plus lawyer fees, plus late fees, plus the next month's payment. I call them the next week and ask what the new principal balance is and the girl tells me "IT'S THE SAME AS YOU OWED BEFORE." Are you kidding me?? I just sent $11,000. I understand there are late fees and interest but that was 7 months of house payments too!! She says, "I'm sorry, you are right. Call back Friday for an updated amount." This was on a Monday. Yesterday, which was Thursday, I get a call saying the house is going into foreclosure and what are my plans??

This place is a JOKE! I had to relay to the lady that I sent the check and I was told to check back Friday. She then says "Oh, I see that it has been reinstated." Not to mention she called at 8:00 pm on a Thursday night. I understand that my ex-husband wasn't making payments. I understand they were owed money. I'm not denying that, but now that I sent the money, they still can't update their system and get their ** together. Super unprofessional! I would NOT do business with these people. Please continue to rent a home before getting a mortgage loan through this company. You might feel that renting is a waste of money but trust me, sending it to these people is a waste also because apparently they don't even credit your account when you do send the money. That is all, I hope you guys get your act together.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I am currently dealing with Ditech Claims Dept. for a Roof replacement, I have called multiple times and spoke with several different people and have been told something TOTALLY different by each person I've spoken with. I was originally told I needed to endorse my claim check and send it in with the Adjuster's estimate, contractor's estimate, a W-9, a Lien Waiver, and Copy of contractor's license. When I called to check on this I was told that NO documentation was needed since the total claim was less than $40,000.00, All I needed to do was endorse the check send it to them them and they would endorse it it and return it to me to have all work done.

TWO weeks later I call to followup on the process and was told that I in fact needed to send all other documents in order to have funds released. They were not going to contact me to inform me of this. They were going to sit on this check in hopes I would not contact them. I was told that due to my account being "a few days delinquent at the date of the claim and the claim check being over $5,000 (the check was for $6,708.00) They were required to have all documentation in order to release funds that they had already deposited into their account. Customer service is COMPLETELY USELESS! AND UNPROFESSIONAL!!!! None of their Reps are reading from the same script and they each tell you a different story. Ditech is a Crooked Company! They are thieves! If you have an option to use any mortgage company other than Ditech DO IT! STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THESE ASSHATS!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial, LLC?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I refinance my loan over a decade ago before it became Ditech. Every time proof of insurance needs to be provided or anything of that sort I have to get on the phone to get anything accomplished. They receive documents but never update the account time and time again. Three months ago I started a loan assumption request which I was told would take an average of 60 days. Fill out all of the consent forms and send in supporting documents but never got a response. I called at least twice weekly after the 60 days. Never getting a response and always the run around that they will "escalate" my case or a supervisor will call back within 5 business. The company conveniently transferred my mortgage loan to another company 3 months after the application and now I have to start from scratch. And still no answer from anyone at Ditech.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Stalled on getting flood insurance claim check. My home flooded June 3. It's Oct 15. Sent proof of loss, a letter explaining situation & contractor bids to Ditech Ins Claims office in Tempe. Customer service rep waited ten days to call me & tell me they wanted copies of contractor's licenses. She could have just called the contractors & had them emailed direct to her. She offered no explanation other than, “that's not the way we do it here”. Lady has the customer service skills of a bent ** can. It's my fervent hope that her house floods or burns and she gets a customer service rep just like her. Fema- no help. Fannie Mae- no help. Consumer Protection- no help. Apparently a mortgage company can make you jump thru any hoops they like, as long as they like, to get your money. No regs on this matter.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Currently have a mortgage with Ditech after our mortgage was sold to them. Decided (foolishly in hindsight) to try and refinance with them to go conventional from an FHA. This has been a 2 month process! I was handed over to 3 different loan officers who never answered calls or returned calls. The process was so strung out. Endless requests for documents and letters of explanation for underwriting for a simple refinance with the Mortgage company we already had an account with! The appraisal company was terrible. No communication. Ditech sent them my employer's phone number instead of mine. I was given every impression that we were almost ready to close and that everything was good and then communication stopped for several days. Then I receive a notice in email that the loan application was terminated and denied. I then find out that during all this time, they’re being sold to a new company?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

My Mortgage was transfer to this company some years ago and ever since then I have been treated with the utmost disrespect. These people are the worst I ever come in contact with. They do not keep their word. Their communication is a disaster. I would not advise anyone to deal with this company. They need to be shut down and never reopen. Need to be under new management people with experience because the people there now don't have a clue what they are doing. I never in my life been so stressed out in my life until this company came into my life.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I called on October 9, 2019. I finally spoke to someone that actually spoke English and I could understand. I asked the maturity date. Was to verify that I had the correct one; it's March 1, 2021. I then asked what the payoff was and she said I'd have to request it, so I did. I just received it via email, its October 11, 2019. I don't agree with it. My payments are $438.62 monthly, I pay property tax and insurance separately, by my simple calculations it comes to $7456.54; Ditech is showing over $20000. My question is HOW?

Ditech Financial Company Information