Ditech Financial

We are in the business of helping Americans realize the dream of home ownership. The irony is that while buying a home can be a joyful and uplifting experience, getting a mortgage can be anything but. We aim to change that.

Our purpose: securing the American Dream
Our approach: helpful, responsive, efficient and fair
Our values: honesty, responsibility, transparency and creativity

Our promise: to put your needs first!

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I've been trying to have a 30 day late payment with Ditech resolved since October 2015. I made payment via electronic banking service on 10/21/15, sending to Ditech's "OVERNIGHT" payment address. Finally, I made payment on 11/6/15 over the phone. My credit union provided me UPS tracking number for payment and proof of signature at Ditech on 10/22/15. After several phone calls speaking to CS, several faxes and emails providing evidence from my bank that payment was sent, Ditech continues to tell me that they have no proof of payment. There was 2 instances that someone told me they have a payment with same $ as my mortgage but can't tie it my account.

My evidence clearly shows I put the account number as reference. I've been told my faxes with evidence did not come through 100% but no one has ever called me back, emailed me or called me to inform me of this until the next time I call. The BIG question is who signed for payment on 10/22, what happened to the delivery when it reached Ditech "OVERNIGHT" office? The UPS tracking information clearly shows a signature. Their Customer Service department is rude, won't do any research into the issue nor do they respond back to their customers. The last call I just made 2/7/17 was the only time I've received good service. The representative (Sara @ Ext. **) made it a point to keep me on phone while she wrote up an URGENT service request to have this looked into.

I have been with a Ditech for many years now, I've never been late or missed a payment. In October of 2016 my escrow or taxes had change causing my mortgage to go up by $101.25. I was unaware of the change and made my normal payment. I was contacted by Ditech a few times from a 1-800. They always called late at night and never left a voice message. Once I was able to connect with them I immediately made the payment difference with my debit card and was informed there were no late fees or reporting to my credit. Well that was a lie as I come to find out they did in fact hit my credit. This is the ONLY thing to ever hit my credit, which lowered my score enough to cause me thousands of dollars more in interest payments for or next home loan.

Ditech's customer service has been nothing but TERRIBLE to work with, very rude, not customer oriented and they do NOT value their customers who always pay on time. After talking with many other folks it doesn't sound like I am the only one to have this experience with them. Please do yourself a favor and go with one of the other lenders of the world, hopefully the ones who value their customers and their credit more. I can tell you Ditech DOES NOT!!

My husband and I signed closing documents for a refinance with a title company November 23rd, 2016. The paperwork did not go through until November 30th, 2116 for no apparent reason. We were told to not make a November or December payment so that it wouldn't affect the new loan (1st payment of new loan would be due January 1st 2017). Anyway, because of the timing and error on their part the old loan did not go through (close) until December 1st, 2016 even though on the paperwork it says November 30th. I found out a month later from all the credit bureaus that I had a late payment for my mortgage and therefore my credit score dropped from 804 to 714!!! We are livid to say the least! This was all Ditech's fault!!

I have contacted them numerous times to try to get them to resolve and fix this issue for the past 7 weeks. All I get is that "they are working on it" and "I'm sorry". How long does it take??? Really??? My last call (had to leave a message) was today and I stated that we were contacting a lawyer. This is unacceptable and they have ruined our excellent credit rating which we worked so hard to achieve!

It has been almost one year since the deed-in-Lieu for this property was signed. On this acct# **. Ditech continue to tell lies about when our name will be taken off this property. The process should only took about 6 months to resolve. All I do is getting the run around on this matter. I would like to get a final answer with taking my name off the title of this property. It all Ditech fault, because all the paperwork were for a Deed-in-Lieu on all of it.

Ditech is the worse Financial Servicing company. Customer service is very poor. If you have questions no one seems to have the answers. I called Ditech Dec. 2016 and told the representative that I would like to apply for a loan modification. The representative did a survey with me over the phone and told me to download the making home affordable application fill it and send with my stubs, bank statements, and 4506T form and fax the documents at 866-529-1471.

I have been calling since Dec. 2016 once a week. Every time I called it's either documentations is missing or application is under review. I can not recall how many times that I sent documentations to Ditech. Today, Feb 15, 2017 I called to get the status on the loan modification, GUESS WHAT??? Per representative nothing in their system mention that I did applied for a modification. I asked to speak to a supervisor, she or he wasn't there at the moment of my call and representative have the nerve to ask me to call tomorrow Feb 16, 2017. Ditech has very poor quality, very low standard and staff needs more training.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial, LLC?

I am a Drafter for a surveying company, that has been in business for over 3 decades, I have worked with several banks, and all work we do in common practice. My first communication with Ditech went well. They requested I send my clients Mylars (maps ready to be filed with a County Auditor). They told me I need to send the Mylars to South Dakota for signatures from a manager. They have a 10 day turnaround and I paid for them to be sent and sent back to me. These were sent to Ditech the beginning of January 2017 and they have been circulating through Ditech since that time. I would like to say now February 15th I still have not received my clients Mylars.

I sent the Mylar (maps) to South Dakota as I was told to. They misplaced the maps and held on to them for 2 weeks without any correspondence. I then had to call them and talked to a "supervisor" named Lea that stated she would get on to the matter. I gave her 4 day to find them and respond back. No call or correspondence. I called again, got a new "supervisor" by the name of Tyler ** (**) that was finally able to locate them and was instructed to send them to Arizona. He informed me that it had to go there and was very sorry. I wasn't happy, but I understood. The Mylars were sent to Arizona.

After being in AZ for a week another call was made by me. That I need correspondence back. I was informed that the office wouldn't look at the Mylars until $150.00 was sent along with the release (never needed a release, and I explained that to them over the phone and with the letter I sent with the check). I was very unhappy because Ditech has now wasted a month getting to the right place when at no point was I ever informed of this new process AND now no action would take place until the money was sent (BLACKMAIL). I then sent the check to your company with a letter stating what I needed, a signature, and then no word other than my bank stated the check had been cashed by Ditech. No communication.

I called back the 9th of February and was informed that your 15 day policy doesn't start until the money is in hand by Ditech. I called February 15th and they stated that the Mylar was once again at the wrong location, and that they didn't need any money for just a simple signature! Every "Supervisor" and employee I speak with has NO IDEA what is going on in their company policies and procedures, ALL "supervisors" refuse to give phone numbers for direct contact, one even stated to me there was NO POSSIBLE WAY they would give me contact information (this is the one who asked for the $150.00 check).

The "supervisor" I spoke with today said they needed to speak with their "supervisor" (everyone at Ditech is a supervisor apparently) to find my Mylars, but that they were in a meeting and they would call me back, knowing I would never hear from them I told them I would gladly hold until the "supervisor" was available, apparently the meeting magically got over when I said that because the "supervisor" was now available. I had to explain my entire situation AGAIN, just to be told to send an email.

I send the email, waited a few minutes and called again, now they are saying they haven't received my email. AGAIN I explain all I need is a signature (this is common practice with most property owners who still have a mortgage, the signature only verifies that the bank still holds the loan and the property owner is current on payments). I am told by this supervisor that this does not require any sort of payment, so I request my $150.00 be refunded to me asap, I was told that they would NOT refund the $150.00!

Now they have my clients Mylars AND my $150.00! They also still refuse to tell me if or when it will ever be signed! THIS IS THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD WITH A BANK! I would recommend to anyone reading this that if youre looking for mortgage, or referencing that you run far, far away from any bank affiliated with Ditech! Do your research.

My family's experience with Ditech/Green Tree has been nothing but a living nightmare. They would always claim they did not receive our monthly payment and try to get us to send in another payment. Once we would send the payment, they would "find" the first payment and cash both checks at the same time. They are able to hold checks for 89 days before they cash it and mess up our checking account, it seemed they would do that every December and after the first of every year. They would call 20 or more times a day and would threaten us and flat out refused to work with us in any way.

I became 100% disabled and fell 3 months behind and the next thing we knew, Green Tree/Ditech was at the door with a deputy holding papers claiming we signed the paper and knew we had 3 months to get out... which we never signed a single sheet of paper and knew nothing about an eviction. They came in our home and started throwing our furniture, clothes, pictures, dishes, TV, our children's clothes and alone with 78-year-old widow (my wife's aunt) out onto our front yard and changed locks on the home. The mobile home sat vacant in our yard for 18.5 months before they came to get it.

We now live in my wife's mother's home which is a stone throw away. They came during the night to get it and cut down a 70-foot pine tree which was not in the way and moved a huge company dumpster and damaged it, along with cutting and breaking limbs that were not in the way. They left sewer pipe, cut the storm straps and left sharp pieces sticking up, and my 4-year-old daughter almost fell on one and it could have been a medical emergency or worse. They stole the copper line for LP gas from the trailer about 50 feet of it and broke a waterline, left cement blocks everywhere with siding pulled off and left in the yard, along with destroying our gravel drive and yard.

We found out from our county that they did not get any permits to move the home, along with failure to get a long/wide permit and failed to pay taxes to our county. We have contacted Ditech several times and cannot get anyone to return our calls. Our county is now in the process of placing fines and possible arrest for the movers Green Tree/Ditech and we are also filing charges for damages, trespass, and destruction of private/personal property and mental distress.

Please, never do business with them. It is a horrible company and they treat their customers like shark bait. Over 90% of our belongings were destroyed that day because of being thrown out the doors and windows during a long heavy rain, framed pictures, TV, bedding, chairs/couch, electronics were a loss. People need to come together and stop this shady business and have them repay everyone whoever had or has a mortgage through them, Ditech/Green Tree and shut them down forever. I signed a mortgage with them in 1999 when I was 21 and by making payments and even paying more towards the principal, I would be 85 years old by the time I would have paid the loan off. With no warning whatsoever, a 78-year-old widow, three children 14, 16 and a 5 and 2 disabled adults.

I have set up bi-weekly auto payments with Ditech, these payments are automatically deducted by Ditech every two weeks. Several times a year when I review my account online I have noticed accumulating late fees along with an "Unapplied Amount" being indicated. When I call to inquire about this I am told that Ditech misapplied a payment at some point where they applied one of the bi-weekly payments to Principal or something, thus starting to show that I was not making my payments on time and thus incurring late fees for which I was never informed about. I received no notifications to inform me that they thought I was late or that any fees had been applied. They tell me that they know about the problem and promise to correct the issue and remove the fees.

Sometimes I have to call multiple times to have the fees removed and the account corrected. Since this is an auto-payment system (I do not make the payments myself) there should be no way that I could ever be late with my payments unless I don't have funds available in my bank when they extract a payment, this has never happened! I am concerned about Ditech reporting me to credit bureaus as being late several months when that is not the case, and if I don't check up frequently would they have ever informed me of the late fees? I am also concerned that they are not properly allocating my payments to pay down my principal faster, I think this auto-payment system is a scam! I am very dissatisfied with Ditech's customer service.

We closed on our loan in October of 2015. A short time later it was sold and started to be serviced by Ditech. That was the beginning of the worst customer service experience of my life. When our property taxes were due, I checked my account and saw that they were not being paid. Of course, the money had been escrowed on time through our regular payment but no payment was being made for taxes. I sent an email to their customer service to find out what was happening. I got a standard letter within a week telling me they would look into it and I could expect an answer within 30 days. I tried waiting patiently but as I checked my account with the town, I saw interest starting to be added because the payment was so late. So, this time I called the customer service number and after being transferred a few times spoke with someone in that department.

The rep told me that they weren't being paid because my town needed to send them something to prompt payment and once that happened, they would be paid. So I checked with my town and they told me the same thing was sent to Ditech that is sent to all other mortgage servicing companies. Here we go. I call Ditech again and have to start all over as they don't seem to have record of my previous inquiries. What happens next? I get another form letter exactly like the last one telling me they will look into it. Still no tax payment and interest keep getting added. Again, I try to wait but my husband ends up calling and finds out that from who he talked to that the problem was that our account was not set up correctly. It was marked as a "self-pay" for taxes even though they have been collecting our money for escrow every month. OK, so mistakes happen, I just wanted it fixed and to get those taxes paid as we were now a few months late.

I contacted the town again and told them what was happening and they told me they would let me know once they received payment. Great. Payment was finally made but Ditech used my escrow money to pay the interest that had accrued from being so late!!! What?? They made an administrative error in setting up our account yet they used our money to correct their error? That is just unacceptable. So, my husband called again and the rep he spoke with that time told him she saw everything in their system and she would put the request in to refund us the money taken from our account to pay the interest. Great, that is all I wanted. Weeks go by and nothing.

Finally, my husband called back and they said the request was denied. Seriously??? So I sent one final email because I wanted it in written form and told them how miserable their customer service was and that I would give them 14 days to make this right or I would begin to explore other avenues to file a complaint. What do I get? Another form letter to tell me they would look into and I would have a response within 30 days. That was in late December and it is now mid-February and I have gotten no refund and no response. They have got to be the absolute worst in customer service I have ever seen. It is unfortunate you cannot choose who services your loan because if you could, I would not go near this company ever again.

I am a cosigner on the loan and when my daughter misses a payment I am has to know. Ditech claims they do not have to send me any notification as to any late payment. But they turn around and post it on my credit report with no problem when if they would have called me or sent me a letter I would have made the payments or had my daughter make the payments. After making calls about the also sending me notices at the same time to my daughter they claim they do not have to send me a notification and their COMPUTER will not allow this to take place. So after calling over and over they now are sending me all the notices and my daughter is not receiving any paperwork. I have called about this and all I get is some stupid clerk that does not have an idea or where to direct the call.

There has been a charge on the account of 80 dollars and I finally received the answer as to the charge each and every month. It was for insurance coverage that they Ditech had recommended to my daughter American Bankers on the flood insurance. I then asked why this is not in an escrow account and they stated they do not have to have an escrow balance and they do not have to have an escrow account. The more and more I check on the way they are doing business I found out more and more things they have done to other people. THIS IS A VERY BAD COMPANY TO TAKE A MORTGAGE OUT WITH OR EVEN AN AUTO LOAN. They are now thinking they are a big bank when all they are is a small high-interest loan shark and does not have any rules they have follow.. It is the time they are audited by our so called government or State Agency.

Was in Chapter 13 when this company changed names in 2015 from Green Tree to Ditech and it has been downhill ever since. The last payment made by the court was 9/2015 (yes, 9/2015) because no name change was made (took a year to fix this with the court). Now I get a tax document showing interest paid for 2016 yet NO payment has been made since 9/2015. Now when I call, I get a third party company working for Ditech that cannot confirm anything and I am now told that I must WRITE Ditech to get any information needed. No matter what it takes refinance away from this company.

Back in 2015, we bought a house that was being mortgaged by a bank in LA. In October, they sold the mortgage to Greentree. They handled the mortgage for October and November. Then I received a letter that Greentree was now Ditech. That is when the headaches started. I was told ON the phone that we qualified for online payments. Upon creating my account, it red flagged me. So, I decided to just send them a postal money order. I did so for 7 months. Then the phone calls started. Every time Ditech called, it was from a different state with a different number. I was getting nearly 100 phone calls a day. All calls were related to the payments. I tried to explain that the payment was sent even after I knew they had received it and cashed the money. I finally decided to stop making the payments in December 2015.

In January 2016, I got 2 calls from them. Neither call was about our payment. It was over the taxes. I did receive 1 letter stating that the taxes were due ($900 worth of taxes). I haven't received any more from them and I know by law that if the payment hasn't been made for 3 months that they can (and normally do) start foreclosure. Well, they have breached their own contract and from what my lawyer has told me, we are no longer responsible for the house. To this day Ditech still has not foreclosed on the house (which was unlivable due to sewer problems that they knew about but didn't do anything about). The city has condemned the house (yes I am overjoyed) and I have given them all information to them. People, PLEASE do NOT use Ditech unless you want a permanent migraine headache.

Where to begin? I paid down my Principal and qualified for a Recast. Over 7 months ago I made the request. They sent Recast docs, I executed them, they lost the paperwork. We wasted 5 months in that process. Repeated phone calls. Horrible customer service. Left voice mails, never ever received a call back. December of 2016 we finalized the duplicate Recast Agreement - signed by all parties, they gave me a new mortgage payment amount, significantly reduced, almost 200 bucks a month. I was thrilled. Agreement stated new payment takes effect Jan 1, 2017. Today is Feb 13th - after calling almost daily, and after 2 account reps no longer work there, nothing has been done. My account shows an executed Recast Agreement by all parties. The lame customer service reps read from a script and each time they say "oh, wait about 48 hours and the new payment will be reflected on your account online". Never happens, never will.

I finally filed a formal complaint against Ditech with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - I urge customers to do so against this company - see this link: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ - they have to respond within 15 days. It is my only recourse. If they do not resolve my account within 60 days, I am told they will be fined and possibly audited. I continue to overpay my mortgage each and every month. A recast according to their website should take 30 days, not 7 months. Their customer service reps are nasty. Their account reps never have the decency of calling back. This is the most incompetent group of people I have ever dealt with. I will bet you they will never apply my overage to principal - that will be my next battle with them. To date, my mortgage amount is still incorrect. I called today, my daily call, and I start from scratch every phone call. Again, the response - by script - the amount will be changed, check back in 48 hours.

WORTHLESS. HORRIBLE. Citibank really screwed me over by handing my mortgage over to this idiots. I am hoping the Consumer Fraud folks finally help me out and get a resolution within 60 days. My account in good standing, never paid late, paid down my principal, and executed the Recast Agreement. They have no excuse for not modifying my monthly payments, per the Agreement. Lame, horrible, incompetent. I have no kind words for this company. Avoid, avoid, avoid them.

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. They are trying to steal my home just like everyone else is stating I have tried for over 2 years to get a modification and have they have lied and lied and lied to me. They say I don't make enough money, then they say I make too much, then they say that they investors don't approve and so on and so on. They are horrible people who harass and harass and lie! Someone needs to stop them. I am going to the attorney general!! I have gone to the consumer protection agency and they haven't done anything so far. There has to be someone that can help. These people need to stop illegally foreclosing on people!!!

I would like to address all the other people who have had major issues with Ditech mortgage. I do believe a class action suit is feasible please get a hold of me, **. I am retaining a lawyer and seeking to do this as soon as possible.

They raised my mortgage on a fixed rate from $1300 to 1500. I refused to talk to them and didn't pay the new price. I kept paying my old amount. Now they have lowered it, but only to 1400. Now they won't cash my checks. I know others are having the same problems. I am in Northern California. Does anyone have a lawyer?

I was a mortgage holder with Greentree Mortgage Company and Ditech purchased Greentree and since then they have resorted to making adjustments to my escrow payments every couple of months and when I make the adjustment in payments the reps would give me a different answer every time I speak with them to confuse the situation to keep me default by a couple of $100 dollars to accumulate late fees. So I decided to pay additional to my monthly mortgage to avoid the issue. A Ditech agent called me and indicated I was paying too much and I asked if the escrow was OK and they said it was OK and I should go back to paying my regular monthly payment and Ditech waited for a couple of months and increased my escrow payments just a little to indicate if was late on paying my full mortgage.

I called Ditech and the rep said he spoke to my wife and she said it OK to make the adjustments in payments. Yes people now I'm have late payments again although I pay my mortgage every month. My wife doesn't pay to communicate with the mortgage company and we have cell phones and no house phone. So it's impossible for them to know my wife number. And she also said she never spoke to Ditech rep. This company is out to steal your money $100 every couple of months.

I have had the MOST horrible experience with this company, when my loan was originally with GMAC, Then Greentree... Since they Ditech took over the servicing of the loan, I have Found numerous accounting errs, misapplied payments, Principal balance increasing not decreasing, not able to speak with anyone that understands accounting or just simple math... worst Customer service ever! Will not allow you to speak with a supervisor, hangs up on you and takes at least 25 calls to get through to anyone who can try to help only to be disconnected!! I have had a day of 25 calls only to be disconnected again and again.

Although my payments are being directly made out of my account, past due charges, bill collectors knocking on my door to them issuing me a forbearance agreement for them only to say, "Well not sure why this happened when your account is in good standing." and WOULD NOT RECALL THE LETTER!! They said "Your account is in good Standing..." time and time again and that "The letter only served a sales tool for you to re-finance with us..." Yeah Right!... reported them to the Consumer Protection. I am now in the process of reifying my loan for 38KK. Can't believe I will be out of pocket just to get away from this company. They need to be shut down with a Class action suite against them. RUN don't walk AWAY.

Sorry, sorry service. Every time I call I have to go over and over the same thing. They don't know what they are doing. 3 different representatives, 3 different answers. We have an insurance claim and they won't release the money until the work is complete. I asked how are we supposed to pay without the money. The answer I got was "I don't know". It's like dealers nc with a bag of rocks!

For the past three years plus my payments have been on time. I have found that this company uses many methods to prevent your payments, increase your payments, keep your refundable escrow overage, make you pay double escrow shortage payments, not processing your extra principal payments, block your online payment ability and when all else fails make false reports of late payments to the credit bureau to lower your credit rating and make you seem as though you are in default and act as if they never received your mailed payments.

January 2017 payment I made mid month before the 30 day late. This should have only incurred a late charge. Ditech waited a week and then reversed my payment so that I would end up 30 days late. It usually takes them up to a week and half to post the payment so of course I would wait two weeks to allow them to post. I find out 3 weeks later from my credit monitoring company that they reported me 60 days late and claimed my balance went up $670. I called them to inquire why they falsified my lateness of 60 days and they blamed it on the credit unions, even though they reported the same thing to 2 separate companies.

I have had my loan with them since 2010 and my balance has only decreased about $2,000. This company is predatory and they have nasty representatives that know their practices are fraudulent but treat you as the problem in efforts to keep their job. Whenever I get my credit score high enough to get away from them they do something shady to try to make me default or lower my credit. I HATE DITECH. Beware of this company. Once your mortgage is transferred there you may never leave or pay it off.

Updated on 02/07/2017: After a negative experience with Ditech I decided to check my principal balance against the mortgage origination to compare what my balance should be. Turns out they have me on payment #56 instead of #110 and gave me the lower principal balance for #56. Called them to verify and the tax advisor stated I should be on payment number 110. After a 10 minute hold and her talking to the manager their answer was to go back to principal balance of November #53 for the 1098, thus cheating me more. Wrong answer.

After explaining to her that sending another wrong 1098 will not help because I will do the math and figure out then get a lawyer involved if needed. After another 23 minutes of back and forth she agreed to send account to the tax department for review. My loan needs to be transferred to a reputable company and Ditech needs to be shut down. Let's see if they do the right thing. The may try to change the loan origination date which they cannot do because the loan was transferred to them.

I was on auto pay so I would never be late. When I changed my pay date they drew the money out twice instead of once. Then, I got charged fees since the second (unauthorized) payment overdrew my bank account. Since then, Ditech has charged me more late fees for no apparent reason. When sending in extra principal payments they don't apply it correctly. And, they have tried to cheat me time and time again by misapplying my payments, taking unauthorized payments out of my bank account, and late fees when my payment is not late.

I called in about this every time something is incorrect due to Ditech's mistakes. But, they don't fix it. I sent in a written letter explaining all this and they do nothing but give me the runaround. They say they haven't received any letter. I hope someone can file a class action lawsuit against Ditech. Because, I would like to be a part of the lawsuit to recover some of my losses I have incurred regarding the foregoing.

I have been Ditech customer for few years now, ever since my mortgage with Green Tree was sold to them. Just recently in December of 2016 I have mailed my mortgage payment to Ditech as usual but I have noticed that my check hasn't been cashed. I have contacted Ditech to see what was going on. I was informed that they did not receive my payment. I assumed it was delayed because of holiday rush at the post office. I waited couple more days and called Ditech again, still no check from me.

I decided to pay my mortgage over the phone and kindly asked Ditech representative not to cash it if they receive it. "No problem," I was told. Two days later Ditech received my check and cashed it against my will and after asking them not to do so. This created avalanche of "Not Sufficient Funds" fees, late payment fees, returned checks fees posted to my checking account totaling near $300. I have contacted Ditech again with this problem and asked why my check was cashed against my will. I was told, "It's out of our hands." I demanded that Ditech pays for all the fees since problem was caused by their incompetence. I have managed to reduce the amount since my bank was kind enough and waive $100 off of it. I just received a letter from Ditech informing me that they are unable to refund me any NSF fee. No explanation why. Nobody is being held responsible.

This is not the first time Ditech made a mistake. Two years ago when I was refinancing my mortgage to lower my interest rate, they made a mistake and only took half of my real estate tax payment into calculation. Six month later I receive letter saying, "Sorry we made a mistake, your payment will go up few hundred dollars." Again nobody is being held responsible. This has to stop, I am their customer, they make thousands of dollars of off us and should be responsible for any screw-ups and mistakes just like we are for ours.

I quitclaimed our property into a non-profit corporation yrs. ago, and recently sold it. The original loan was w/ Citibank... who sold it after a while to Green Tree, then it was sold to Ditech. While in escrow due to my sale of the property... escrow sent Ditech a payoff letter which Ditech never responded to... clear up to, and past the closing date of the sale... so escrow sent Ditech and overpayment of the amount due, in order to close the sale/escrow. That was in Nov. 2016.

To date, Ditech has not responded, nor sent a refund of the overpayment. The latest is that they want an affidavit from me before they will SPEAK to escrow about this matter... which has nothing to do with them performing as requested by escrow. They are just stalling, while keeping the funds owed me as unjust enrichment on their part... and after reading these reviews and being so frustrated with Ditech for months now... I doubt they intend to send escrow the refund owed me from the overpayment. I'm going to contact an attorney and see about a class action suit. They are just another crooked mortgage/servicing outfit. I wish I had read these reviews before escrow sent them an overpayment of the amount due on the mortgage. Beware of the dirty dealings of this company.

This past year has been a nightmare!!! Ditech assumed the loan back in January of 2016 of which they had the wrong address on the mortgage and would not remove. I own two properties and they had put my mailing address on the property that is a rental which was the property that they held the mortgage. After several months of trying to tell them they had the wrong property on the paperwork, that got corrected or so I thought. Well, they sent the taxes payments to the wrong County and State (aka my mailing address). The payments were sent back by the county and they did nothing.

It wasn't until Jan. of 2017 that my accountant started to ask questions as my paperwork had the correct street address but the wrong County and State. Bottom-line is they never paid the taxes on the property for 2016, and now I am in the rears. I am told they sent the tax payment in January 2017 for 2016 taxes but the town assessor's office says they have not received. Plus they after some investigation found that the amount Ditech claims to have sent to the town is incorrect and I still will owe another 900 dollars for 2016. Plus they are charging me for penalties for late payment. And they still have the wrong address on the paperwork. Unbelievable. I might just sell or refi again just to get rid this company off my books.

We have not missed a single payment and of course I have bank statements to prove it... They are claiming we have missed four payments this year. They are threatening us with foreclosing on our home if we don't pay them over $4K by March 20th. They have been harassing us with phone calls and mailing us threatening collection notices at least 3 times a week... I can't take it anymore. This has been going on since September... Please contact your attorney general as I have. Someone has got to stop them from doing this to all the people that have written so many complaints about this company.

I have been calling Ditech day after day since December 27, 2016, trying to get a loss mitigation started for my mom and dad. I have uploaded all the required documents, faxed documents, emailed documents, and they say they see no documents in my mom and dad's account. It's now February 2, 2017 and still I have never been able to speak to the account representative assigned to the account.

We did a loan mod several yrs back with GMAC. They sold our loan to Greentree who is now Ditech. During the entire time we were with GMAC and Greentree we had no problems and stayed current on our payments. Last May we discovered that when Ditech took over our loan in Feb. 2016, they raised the payment $100 a month. We have yet to receive written notice of this and was not verbally informed until after I called to make the May payment. First being told we owed No payment for May then 2 wks later saying we were over $1200 behind on payments.

We have tried everything we can to work this out and are weeks away from losing our house. Yet this month's statement is back down to the original mortgage payment amount. There is something seriously underhanded going on here. I am disabled and have nowhere I can move. I am a senior and my soon to be ex, who is still on the loan, is trying to help but is now in another state so he can't do anything but have phone conference and they are not working with us in a timely manner. I think they are trying to make us lose the home. I need help Now.

Ditech bought my loan. I have had the worst experience a homeowner could have with this mortgage company. Due to no fault of my own my payment my mortgage payment was place in escrow. Took the company over a month to retrieve this payment and place it as a payment. The company then turn around and sent a bad report to the credit bureau. After I was told that that would not happen. I am writing this because I highly recommend to anyone who wants to uses this mortgage company to Run!

Breach of contract: For my disclosure for 2017 they overcharged my taxes and added flood insurance for no reason with no disclosure. They refuse to correct this without a refund for the flood insurance and refuse to send the appropriate letter to the insurance. They are CROOKS. BUYER BEWARE. I am in collections because they refuse to accept my payment. In search of a lawyer.

I filed for a modification loan when Greentree "became Ditech". My modification took 1 year for Ditech to finally reach a decision to deny me causing me to go into Foreclosure. I am a single mother of 2 children. I will fight to keep my home!

Ditech Financial Company Profile