Ditech Financial
1.06/5
Based on 126 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a mortgage lender?

Ditech Financial

We are in the business of helping Americans realize the dream of home ownership. The irony is that while buying a home can be a joyful and uplifting experience, getting a mortgage can be anything but. We aim to change that.

Our purpose: securing the American Dream

Our approach: helpful, responsive, efficient and fair

Our values: honesty, responsibility, transparency and creativity

Our promise: to put your needs first!

View More View More

3080 Ditech Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have had my mortgage with Ditech for some time now and my experience has been awful. I have been having some financial issues which caused my mortgage to be behind. Reps have constantly put me on payment arrangements having me think that after all payments were paid I would be current. Well that was a lie, also I just found out through my attorney that Ditech should have offered me to Refinance or Modify my loan through them. If they would have offered to put my past due payments in the back of my loan I would have been fine by now. Well I talked to a Rep named Leon (which was very nice) and he informed me that I did have an option to Modify my loan and he will send out all the forms. He also told me that after 120 days Ditech will start foreclosure on my house, which no one ever told me this.

I will be so glad to get away from this company. No one knows what they are doing and they act like you are bothering them when you call. Not very nice people. A rep recently put me on a payment plan which she told me that she can only do an arrangement for 3 months and when I talked to Leon he told me that the arrangement was for 6 months. Why not inform me of what is going on with my acct. I am trying to save my house not let it go. I have been in my house for 20 years and it would be stupid of me to just let it go and start renting from someone else. They are not there to help you in your time of need.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

This company is a complete unethical. My girlfriend died and sadly, they won't even recognize her State issued Death Certificate. They keep adding unauthorized interest to my account. I walked away and they repossessed my house & real estate. Guess who they were formerly associated with? Green Tree, another crooked convicted agency! White collar crime at it's worst. Buyer Beware! Ditech Financial, LLC, legal authorities are investigating you Big Time! No threat intended, Just know your day will be coming in court!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I have moved from CT to OH and trying to register my RV. The State of Ohio requires the lien holder information as well as an original title to move forward with the process. Ditech refuses to send it so I am now making payments on an RV that can't be used because it is not legal on the state of OH. I have filed complaints with Attorney General, and CFPB hopefully we will get somewhere. NEVER do business with this company!

Original review: July 24, 2018

I give no stars for this disgusting company. It may be Ditech Financial but they just changed the name from Green Tree Servicing. I went from Countrywide Bank, to Bank of America, to Green Tree Servicing and now Ditech Financial. Green Tree Servicing ran me and my kids out of my home with harassing phone calls. I was so disgusted with them I decided to lose my home. It wasn't worth the stress. I would send in a payment and then they would bill me twice saying my payment was past due. When I got the loan from Countrywide Bank I received no paperwork whatsoever. In 2/2008 they called themselves loan servicers but the owner was CW Bank (HFS) which means Held for Sale. Green Tree/Ditech said they sent me letters in 2012 after making a complaint to the CFPB in 2017. Ditech was reporting me in repossession as of April 2012 through April 2013 which was untrue.

This is Ditech which changed my credit bureau reports in 2016. Why? I don't know. Once your house is foreclosed on through non-judicial foreclosure you're no longer responsible. What Ditech did was change my credit reports incorrectly and reported to the CFPB. Don't ever depend on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for help. All they do is help you get paperwork from the other party. Those morons from Ditech send me a letter with spreadsheets in 2017 saying the credit reports were reported correctly after they changed them before reporting to the CFPB. Even though I provided the CFPB with the fraudulent credit reports they closed my complaint automatically after receiving a response from Ditech. I reported to the FBI this year after making another complaint to the CFPB. I made disputes with Experian and TransUnion about a payment I didn't make because my foreclosure is due to come off next year.

Ditech refused to change what I disputed in June 2018. After disputing with Experian they made my credit score go down 62 points and not with TransUnion. Bank of America gave out a fraudulent promissory note and now I am going through a forensic document examiner to prove it. Ditech is now changing my credit reports again fraudulently.

Anybody who has them as a loan servicer or mortgage company do a Qualified Written Request. Get all your records. Check your promissory note for how much they charge for a late fee and when it's due. During my foreclosure Green Tree was charging double of what my promissory note said and actually they were charging double for insurance due and additional charges due which were the same. Their customer service is crap and I would like to point out rep Carmen.

For the credit reports they are currently changing fraudulently, I am taking them to small claims court. Ditech/Green Tree which was just renamed since the CFPB fined them $63,000 million. All these companies could rather pay a fine than actually pay what they owe. For those of you trying to hold onto your home, again, get all records from Ditech Financial so you have an idea of what's going on with your account because nobody there will tell you. These people have no morals and don't care whether you lose your home or not. Example: late fee, you didn't pay your mortgage payment, you're short on escrow. They do this on purpose to try and make you lose your home because it's more profitable to write it off as a loss.

From 2008 until September 2012, I didn't know Fannie Mae was the investor. On my foreclosure Fannie Mae was the owner. Fannie Mae doesn't own property. They are put into a REMIC Trust in a large pool of mortgages. I even called the FHFA who regulates Fannie Mae and someone that works there told me, "Don't even bother making a complaint with the FHFA because they won't do anything about it." I was told to contact the Attorney General of CA. Even Fannie Mae would not respond to my complaint to the CFPB. So what does that tell you.

Know who the investor is in your home. For me Ditech was a servicer. People who own their homes or close to foreclosure need to figure how to sue Ditech Financial. They've already been in trouble and fined. If you can, record your phone calls with their permission if you're in a two party consent state, keep track of all paperwork you receive and make copies correspondence you send. Write notes. They always claim they never received your fax. I call ** on the whole company. Representatives who treat people like that either enjoy doing it or are so unhappy with themselves it makes themselves feel better to make people suffer. I now record every call I make to them even though my account is closed for my protection.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I have Green Tree for 24 years now I believe. They are crooks period. They charge me 11% entrance fee for my loan for 24 years now. They will not lower it and fought with them for years over it. I got a loan for 28,000.00 for a double wide trailer in 1993 and refinanced a pickup truck which per was about 20,000 so a total of 48,000.00 around then it's been like I said 24 years now. My payment are 550.00 a month.

Sometimes I get a little behind because I am a seasonal worker. But I have managed. But this what I'm getting at you take 550.00 a month times 12 then times that be 24 years it comes out to 158,400.00 dollars. And they say I owe them 24,000.00 more to pay off my loan!! Or pay another 25 years really!!! I feel like I'm getting robbed every month. Just to about let them have this place. And my wife wonders why I hate making a house payment. Dear GOD in heaven how does these people get away with this stuff. If anybody can help with please let me know. Thank you. Just so sick of paying these people. Could have bought a mansion at this rate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial, LLC?

Original review: July 21, 2018

This is the worst experience I have had in my life. I have had nothing but lies and waiting and problems. I am pretty sure they would like to see me miss a step so they can foreclose. They have sent people by to take pictures of the house. I happened to be outside and caught them, and sent them on their way. We sent in a very large payment and everything went into escrow when told to go to catch up payments. All but two were caught up. If I had not called on the status I would have thought I was caught up but indeed they made two payments short. They want you to foreclose and try to make it so you do! They are not a mortgage company. They are looking for a home to short sale to flip. If you want to buy your dream home stay as far away from these thieves as you can. Terrible is too nice a word.

Original review: July 19, 2018

If I ever get this house paid off I will never use Ditech again or recommend them to anyone. I have been on the phone today for over 3 hours trying to get my insurance straighten out. And not one person knew what they were doing. Ditech had placed lender ins. on this house which put me into an overage in my escrow. So I go that set up on payments of 36 dollars a mo. I then used same ins. comp. and put ins. in my name to be paid out of escrow. I was sending an extra 126$ plus the 36$ to escrow each mo. to pay ins. overage. But Ditech DID not pay ins. for 2 mo. straight which then ins. cancelled.

After calling several times last mo and to be told everything was taken care of they DID not pay ins. and took all the extra I sent in to be applied to the overage which was set up on payments for 36 mo at 36$ monthly. The ins company DID send a copy to Ditech and I also have a copy of the policy. So this now puts me in a real fix with no ins. on my house... I am just about at the point of letting Ditech just have this place back since I have had so many problems with these people (Ditech customer service)...

About a year ago I tried to refinance thru Ditech because Ditech interest rate is crazy high just to be turned down for refinance because I could not prove where I got the money for 1 (yes I said 1) out of 12 months payments. Because I paid that month with a money order not a check... I have had my fill of dealing with Ditech customer service. They need people who knows what the heck they are doing and not just guessing it is okay to do something that they are not suppose to do or tell their customers that everything is taken care of when in reality it is not!!!

Original review: July 19, 2018

Please avoid this company at all costs. Nine months after a property loss due to a neighbor's negligence, this company is still holding our settlement money for repairs hostage. They continue to make crucial mistakes to hold up the repair process as long as they possibly can. We understand certain guidelines do need to be implemented. We are at their mercy to issue funds in increments for a huge repair. The home continues to flood with each rainstorm as mold levels increase. Senior citizens living under these conditions is deplorable. They don't care & perhaps are looking at the age demographics hoping you just surrender the property to them because you have a mortgage. They state they don't receive documents you've sent over numerous times.

They don't seal their envelopes with large checks hoping they will fall out of the envelope(s) and get lost. They can't even issue checks properly with the correct name, knowing they won't be able to be cashed as you have to go through the process of them stopping payment & issuing new ones. Hence, all these errors equate to an additional 14 day hold up. Everytime you call each representative has a different story, perhaps they don't read. We are at our wits end. Even with an attorney involved they still have you jumping through any hoop possible.

I hope my father lives to see his home repaired. I can't even begin to say how much stress, anxiety, and grief my family has had to endure over the last 9 months. We were awarded this money by the insurance company, NOT DITECH. We should have been able to begin repairs 60 days ago. I believe Ditech will do anything they can to continue to halt the process of that. This whole situation has been reported. As an advocate for the elderly, nobody should have to live under these conditions when they pay on time religiously. Our story is near to being over yet!??

Original review: July 19, 2018

I just found out that Ditech will not pay me my bonus check after being told that I would be getting it on several occasions. I would get it in August 2018. I was supposed to be on the HARP program but now they are telling me that I am not. They tell me something different every time I talk to them. They screwing me over big time. I think we need a class action lawsuit against them, but I don't know what to do. I am disabled and elderly and am very poor, I need help.

Updated on 07/20/2018: Ditech is trying to cheat me out of my bonus check. Everytime I have checked this aspect of my mortgage they have told me I will get it in August 2018. I started to check on it more recently as I needed it to fix my air conditioning and heating system. I live in Burnet, Texas and it was 110° today. Everytime I checked with ditech they gave a different story. They said I should have got the check sometime ago, then they said I should have gotten a request for payment, which I never received. I asked them if I would get the check soon and they said yes. Then I was told I wouldn't get the check. That the bank gets the check. Then finally today they said I would not get the bonus at all. That the request was filled out too late. Remember I never received that information at all, plus they claimed I wasn't on the HARP program at all!!! My name is Phillip ** and I live in Burnet, Texas, I am elderly and disabled. I need help, please contact me.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I always pay over the basic amount of my home payment, they try to apply the extra to interest instead of principal even though it states right on the payment for the extra to go to payment (what kind of idiot intentionally pays more interest). I was notified after 30 years of living on this property that I suddenly need flood insurance, (the current house is not 30 years old) I have paid for the elevation certificate and the flood insurance and not only is Ditech not responding to me threatening to take out their own insurance even though my insurance agent has faxed the insurance information to them several times, but they also will not respond to my insurance agent. Time for an attorney and complaint to Better Business Bureau. This company cares nothing for their customers and appears to have a problem with honest. Don't trust them. Will not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I thought I would make everyone complaining about Ditech aka Green Tree a little bit happy. Short background. I owned a property bought years ago with another person. I had not lived in property for a couple of years when co-owner decided to sell property - ignoring my name on title. I got wind of this illegal sale and put a stop to it... It was very very good. They tried to push through sale and forge my signature. I had contacted Green Tree/Ditech and sent always certified notices to them that if they knew about this they were liable with the crooks trying to sign my name. They put it in writing they NEVER knew about it. Guess what - they sent a shyster lawyer the payment for buyout AFTER my notification that I wasn't involved in this legal sale. It was very juicy tricking ALL these crooks.

Well the sale fell through at closing table - because they were led to believe they had forced me to sign over my rights. Loved to see their faces at closing when they got my letter. Well no closing... Ditech... I mean Green Tree must have had this big one over this mess. These crooks paid Ditech $4600 to forestall foreclosure. It put property out of foreclosure. Guess what. NO sale so foreclosure had to start over AGAIN and that was 4 years ago. In meantime 6 years of $$$$ expensive NEW YORK back taxes they paid and paid. They were very very close to foreclosure last year in May. They almost had the property. It was before the judge and judge had approved foreclosure sent out paperwork. But BINGO it fell apart again.

The thief co-owner that was signing my name illegally to paperwork DIED while in foreclosure. Now, foreclosure - would have gone through - IF there had been a Judge's foreclosure sale notice (which was due in 30 day) and NOT just a judgement of foreclosure but some little BIRD aka ME the injured party - notified Ditech AND their crooked lawyers. The other party DIED and NO SALE OF FORECLOSURE. Start again. Hey. They died with no will (of course no money) so Ditech has to file with NY probate court etc etc etc. This will take years in probate court before they EVEN get to go at foreclosure (2 years or MORE again in NY) once again. Hey, they did pay another 13,000 this year in taxes AGAIN.

Due to my due diligence I had anticipated something shady with them and years ago I filed bankruptcy to get rid of their criminal acts. I have been free of them for YEARS YEARS. However, has nothing to do with my ownership in this property. I remain SOLELY on title. My credit is clear now. And GUESS what. I am now located in a better area where these criminal acts would be never be tolerated. And I am now myself buying (with cash). Guess what- a DITECH Foreclosure house!!! Wonder if these idiots will notice the same name buying one of their properties as the one who has them wrapped uptight in New York??? I was threatened by everyone to force me to give my property rights and with no valid compensation. I GOT GREEN TREE/DITECH AND I GOT THEM GOOOOOD. RLOL.

Original review: July 13, 2018

My mortgage was sold to Ditech by Greentree several years ago. I came out of bankruptcy in December 2017. I received notice from Ditech in March 2018 stating I had missed a payment. I had documentation showing that I had not missed any payments in 2018. The nightmare began when I contacted customer service. The first young lady was cold and unconcerned. She stated that my account has been behind for a while. I asked which month had I missed. She told me that her screen only went back as far as March of 2017 and she would send me a copy of my payment history. Basically she was telling me to research it myself.

In April 2018, I received another notice saying my payment was past due and the late fee had doubled. So, I called back to customer service for the second time. This gentleman had a foreign accent, but was much more pleasant than the first individual. He kept putting me on hold to speak with the bankruptcy department. He reviewed my account and stated the charges were from 2013. Yep, 2013. I said, "Why did it take 5 years to contact me about a past due payment." He said, I was in bankruptcy and they weren't allowed to contact me. Then he said bankruptcy didn't exempt me from this payment. He told me to get with my attorney to see if the payment was included in bankruptcy proceedings. I told him I wanted to dispute this notice and what was the procedure.

A week later I received a notice saying I had 30 days to dispute the past due payment. In that same week I got a notice stating that I have been assigned a representative which is never available and don't return calls. The Notice also said I could apply for mitigation assistance. I submitted a formal written dispute letter in June 2018. July 3, 2018 a letter was sent from customer service responding to my dispute. No particular person's name was on the letter, just customer service. The letter stated that my account was made current as of November 2017 and my next payment was due on December 1, 2017. But my December payment wasn't received until January 2018. Once again, I have documentation showing where I made a payment in December 2017.

I called back for the 3rd time on yesterday (July 12, 2018) and was told that the issue from 2013 was cleared up, but a payment was missed in July 2017. He told me the payment made in September 2017 was for the missed payment in July 2017. I told him that letter I was reading didn't mention anything about missed payments in July 2017. By now I'm thoroughly heated and confused. I called back later yesterday to make sure they posted my July 2018 for. He told me that the payment I made on June 29 was for June since I was one month behind. Are you kidding me!!! Then he goes on to say that it appears that I missed two payments in 2016. I told him it's not even possible for 4 people to look at the same account and come up with 4 different years a payment was missed.

I requested to speak with a supervisor and of course he wasn't available. I was transferred to his voicemail. When I asked for the supervisor's name he just said Jesse. I said, "Does Jesse have a last name." He said, "His extension is and he'll get back with you in 24 hours." I was absolutely livid and mentally drained when I got off the phone. In all my days of living and 25 years as a public servant, I've never encountered a business with such inadequate business practices.

I've come to two conclusions, my account is a hot mess and I'm going to end up suing Ditech. They're trying to let the late fees build up to foreclose on my house and sale it for double the price. Something needs to be done about this company. It seems to me if you say I have missed a payment, you should be able to tell me exactly which payment I've missed. I shouldn't be expected to make a past due payment without actual proof. And if I make the payment, how do I know they won't come back and say I missed another payment?

So, as of yesterday, July 12, 2018, I'm waiting to hear back from the imaginary supervisor. Meanwhile, I'm sending another dispute letter with a copy of proof where I made December 2017 payment. I've been wrestling with this nonsense for 5 months and have no clue when it will end. I've only been out of bankruptcy for 7 months and was off to a good start trying to reestablish my credit. And now I'm having to contend with this awful mortgage company. How is this company still in business?

Original review: July 5, 2018

I had a fire in my house and Ditech is the one holding the money for the repairs. I have done everything they ask for but they procrastinate on giving me my money. It is lies, 2 week reviews, 14 day turnaround. They have been making me pay for the repairs out of my home equity because they refuse to send me my money. They keep telling me this is what Freddie Mac wants. Well they said I was at 75% finished with my home. I had to go over their calculations to find out that I was not and I still was entitled to $20,000 for repairs. They refused to give me that money and ordered a inspection.

They lost my insurance adjuster's report and didn't want to tell me. It went on me calling every day to see what was going on. Someone finally admitted that the report was lost. I immediately sent it over to them and it goes back for review. Another 2 week review. Then I call and complain and they put a rush on it. Days later I am still waiting. They tell me there is no one above them to talk to about my situation. They are sorry. I told them that's all they say SORRY and nothing is getting done. They don't meet deadlines for money being due to contractors and again I am putting it out of my pocket. Problems after problems with this company. Horrible, Horrible Bank.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Sent me an email 'teaser' about lowering my payments. When I replied they had the nerve to pull my credit (and my wife's) and send me a completed application to sign. We never authorized this loan, how were they able to pull credit without an application?

Original review: July 2, 2018

Tried to overcharge me for mortgage payment illegally, claiming they paid my property taxes and homeowner's insurance (which I had for years through another company). Placed one harassing phone call after another threatening to take my house away if I didn't pay them the money they said I owed. Finally straightened the situation out after eight months of distress after the original owner of my mortgage put an end to it. They established an escrow account without my consent. How is this behavior legal?

Original review: June 30, 2018

Ditech is the worst mortgage company I've ever dealt with. The have slapped an escrow on my mortgage without notifying me. On top of this I was paying my property taxes to my town and they were paying. Town getting double paid...but Ditech would not remove escrow. I have been dealing with this issue for almost 2 years. The company does not know what they are doing... I've filed a complaint with Mass Attorney General...but really what is needed is a class action suit after reading all these similar complaints. I will join or lead a suit if others are willing.

Original review: June 25, 2018

My home loan was to be paid off June 1. They sent a letter about the payoff on June 2. Still not received on June 25. I thought they would just draft my account as they had been for 15 years. No... They expect a certified check or a Money order for the final payment. That's fine, but they didn't tell me so. So now I owe a penalty and interest. Also, I had sent THREE emails questioning how the payoff worked. I got return emails from each in 5-7 days saying my question had been referred for proper processing. No further response. Service is worse than abysmal. I am sorry I can't give them ZERO star rating.

Updated on 07/30/2018: This company called Ditech is the most inept company I have ever dealt with. I just paid off my loan and it was a satisfactory transaction only in the sense that I don't have to deal with them anymore. After my last payment it took almost THREE MONTHS to settle. I sent Emails and called but "no response" or "has been transferred to someone who can help" or "will get back to you." Repeatedly no response with an answer to the status, hold up, what do I need to do, etc. Please don't make a loan with these inefficient incompetent so-called company.

Original review: June 25, 2018

My loan was sold off to Ditech without my consent. Upon dealing with the first few times its seemed ok. Then I started getting contradicting stories, policy changes, and unable to get in through with anyone who can actually get something done. I've tried numerous time to get automatic payments set up and they have put me on a "hold". I was on bi-weekly auto pay and when they eliminated that service it threw me into a tailspin. The customers service team is worthless here!! And all I want to do is pay my mortgage automatically!! Something you would think they would be glad to help me with!

Original review: June 21, 2018

Recently we fell past due on our mortgage and don't even try to work with Ditech, they would rather throw you out on the street, as they threaten to do- past due $4800- was able to secure $3500 and paid them. I called to be sure the money was posted because I was worried, oh they managed to take $1600 of that and applied to escrow for the over due months, so how does that help me??? Then the rep tells me if I pay $82.00 which is still showing due at 50 days past, then our past due is really May and June, but we can get in before month end, however yesterday I get a letter stating "even though you choose to pay us less we are still proceeding with foreclosure"... Are you kidding me...

The guy just told me to pay $82.00 to bring the mortgage up to May 2018, get the rest in before the end of June, and they want to proceed with foreclosure on a 60 day past due!! I cannot wait to get out of our financial dilemma so we can get another mortgage company. I proceeding on foreclosure for a 60 day past due balance - this is not my first encounter either with this company. They have no ethics.

If you have financial trouble and ask to make split up payments the rep tells you, "Sure no problem", then it goes into what they call "holding pool-unapplied:" and they will not release the money to your loan until the entire month's payment is there, so you're still late and they can charge you late fees. I pulled all of our mortgage documents and NOWHERE in those documents are those charges listed!! And nowhere did I ever sign agreeing to this... I want to get in a class action lawsuit against this company... If one starts in Illinois I am in... I see other states have class action suits against Ditech. I don't understand how the BBB allows this company to operate.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My issue with Ditech is regarding payments. I am in excellent standing with my mortgage, never a late payment. I'm 65 and have been sending extra payments in and Ditech has not applied my addition payments to the principal. I've had, as of today 4 conversations with this greedy company, about these extra payments. For instance in June 018 I sent them my monthly payment and the other two were processed as regular payments when I've clearly stated ALL EXTRA PAYMENTS ARE PRINCIPAL ONLY. They still have not straightened out this nightmare. Oh, judgment passed for Ditech chapter 11 and now they just changed a word or two in the name and continue to do business. Their portfolio have been reduced by almost 50% by regulators, enforcement agencies and state and federal agencies. Read their public financial and report. It's pathetic. Suggestions on how to proceed?

Original review: June 11, 2018

Made the mistake of refinancing my mortgage through Ditech. Mortgage Writer got the address wrong on the application so first monthly billing did not show up at my house. Called Ditech and corrected the address. Sent payment immediately. Payment arrived 1 day late due to their agent's screw up. Now Ditech is reporting to the Credit Bureaus that I have a late payment and my credit score has dropped nearly 100 points. Have called, written letters to them and they refuse to correct the credit report. In fact, they refuse to even let me speak with their credit reporting department. Will try contacting the credit bureaus next, but guessing I will need to sue Ditech. Good news is that the law allows treble damages plus costs for the damages I have incurred which are substantial as my personal credit score affects my business cost of credit. Bad news is what a hassle.

Original review: June 11, 2018

The customer representative had courtesy etiquette, however I did not feel attended to or valued. Upon receiving a huge miscalculation of an escrow shortage ($2517.15), I was not given the option of speaking with an analyst or a manager. VERY DISAPPOINTED at the magnitude of this calculation and at no fault of my own... I am in the process of writing letters in the hope that more equitable escrow calculations will be made and that I will be notified of amounts that might be considered as significant as this one was. Over $2500 is significant. As a responsible and prompt bill payer, I expect to be treated respectfully and equitably. This significant miscalculation has me scrutinizing every single "jot or tittle" coming from Ditech and I plan to research other companies. This calculation should have been caught early and I should have been notified earlier than I was. Not good, not good business at all.

Original review: June 4, 2018

We were selling an investment property mortgaged by Ditech. We had questions about it and were given different wrong answers repeatedly. Heads of customer service departments and other upper level staff promised to research our issue and call us back - they never did. These folks lie to get off the phone, then don't take your call when you try to call them back and leave messages. They are truly a terrible, horrendous company. God help you if they ever take over your mortgage.

Original review: May 24, 2018

My monthly mortgage payment has been on time, if not early. This time, I have overlooked the payment and made on the 17th of the month. That is when they start to charge the late fee. As a long time customer who has always made prompt payments, I called them for a one time courtesy waiver. Ditech refused. The customer service says that it is their strict policy to charge the late fee and it cannot be waived. This is very disappointing. I am speechless. So much as so that I nearly cried. I just want Ditech customers to know, that they do not value their customers as much as you think.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Ditech kept $13,000 of money that they had no claim to and deposited it in a Ditech account. The money was a settlement check from our Homeowners Insurance Company for out of pocket expenses we had repairing damage from a fire. Ditech was put on the check by the insurance company as they are listed as having a security interest by virtue of the mortgage. They did not, however, have any interest in the reimbursement funds as the repairs had already been done and they were provided certification from the contractor that all mechanic liens had been satisfied. Ditech essentially deposited the funds rather than endorsing the check and returning it to us.

Original review: May 22, 2018

My mortgage has been with Ditech Financial for several years, most of which I have been dissatisfied with their customer service. On 4/9/18, I mistakenly sent a check made payable to my Homeowner Association for $1550.00 to Ditech and they applied it to my escrow. When I discovered the mistake on 5/4/18, I contacted Ditech and upon their request, on 5/7/18 faxed to them the proof that the check was not payable to them and was told I would receive a prompt return of the money. I have called on three separate occasions since then and still nothing. Today, 5/21/18 I received a letter from Ditech stating they are looking into the matter and I should receive a written response in 30 days. Really!!! The proof was submitted promptly. This is totally unacceptable and just another reason to look elsewhere for a mortgage company that puts their customers first. Stay away from Ditech!!!

Original review: May 20, 2018

My mortgage, which has never been paid 1 day late in the 10 years that I have owned this house, has been sold a few times and I am currently with Ditech. I feel like they are scamming me. They added Hazard Insurance a few years back and due to this, my escrow is always short. This year was short money but no-one else I know (including my neighbors) has hazard insurance AND homeowners insurance. I hope I get it back when the eventual class action lawsuit comes along.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Very frustrating working with customer service. On my last payment (when I only owed a half payment to finish my mortgage) - the customer service agent refused to apply my payment telling me I owed a full payment. I could not get her to understand that if I owe less than a full payment - I should not make a full payment. She told me someone would follow up with me - which never happened. I complained on their website and they said someone would follow up with me - just received a generic email... Very poor customer service by people who don't understand!

Original review: May 15, 2018

Ditech is my Mortgage servicing agent. They sent me a letter stating my escrow account is short and I would need to pay an additional $646.91 or $53.91 per month. When I called to ask why this was the case, I was told that my homeowner's insurance increased. I told them that it had not. They said "your property was re-evaluated and your taxes have increased". I told them that my taxes have not changed. My insurance has not changed. After a about 10 minutes back and forth on the phone, the representative stated that it looks like Ditech is paying my second installment of my tax bill a month early, (1st payment in June, second payment in November, not December) and that is creating a shortage in my escrow account. I asked if it was customary to change the dates, and their answer was "no your municipality changed the due date on second installment".

Since then, I've contacted my tax assessor and asked when my tax due dates are and whether or not they changed it recently. Tax assessor stated my tax is due June and December and has not changed recently. I went to my loan originator and asked to check into things and see where the error lies. They came up with the same result, that Ditech has created the shortage by electing to pay second tax installment only 5 months after the first. Ditech has even admitted to doing this but has yet to correct the error. In the meantime I have continued to make my original mortgage payment amount. Ditech has stated that my mortgage payment is short the extra amount and will sit in a non-allocated account until I pay the extra amount plus late fees, and have been reporting to credit agencies that I am more than 30 days past due.

Additionally, I have received several letters from Ditech stating that my account is in default and subject to foreclosure. When I call, I am routed to collections, and asked to pay 2 months' worth of mortgage payment, because the checks I send are getting cashed (sitting in non-disbursed account) but not being credited to my account. I have spoken to several representatives from Ditech, and each time I was told that they would look into it with the right department, and call me back the next day. I have yet to get a single call from Ditech Financial. I am not sure where this will end up, but if any one has a similar situation and looking for a class action, I would be willing to join. This company is greedy and will do anything to extort money from homeowners. I can't get rid off them, but anyone thinking of using Ditech Financial, you have been warned. Absolutely worst company ever.

Original review: May 7, 2018

DITECH FINANCIAL has used loan modification fraud against me... they are trying to use terror against me and my family thru spam, junk mail, and computer viruses... STAY AWAY FROM THESE... people? If you are involved in any way with them even working there, dig yourself out now.

Not sure about Ditech Financial?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Mortgage Lenders for you.

Ditech Financial Company Information

Ditech Financial, LLC
    800-643-0202
    www.ditech.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business