Ditech Financial
1.09/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for a mortgage provider?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Ditech Financial

We are in the business of helping Americans realize the dream of home ownership. The irony is that while buying a home can be a joyful and uplifting experience, getting a mortgage can be anything but. We aim to change that.

Our purpose: securing the American Dream

Our approach: helpful, responsive, efficient and fair

Our values: honesty, responsibility, transparency and creativity

Our promise: to put your needs first!

Find out more Find out more
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

2983 Ditech Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Ditech's loan servicing department is by far the worst I have ever seen. I have worked with many over the years on the many loans I've had on multiple properties. I was so happy to finally pay off my loan when I recently sold a property and no longer have to work with them anymore, but to my surprise, they found ways to be just as bad after my loan was completely paid off as well. Despite having my full address, which had not changed and at which they had sent me mail at countless times before, they managed to mail the check with my funds that were remaining in the escrow account at the time the loan was paid off to the wrong address... and this is where a never-ending loop of waiting and incompetence began again.

When you call, they will never let you talk to anyone who can actually help you. This is a very simple mistake to correct, they sent the check the wrong address, simply place a stop on the original check and issue a new one. But for Ditech, it is seemly impossible. They put the request through a never ended loop of waiting, "processing time", and delays that have left me still without my funds. The customer service rep that answers the phone won't let you speak with the escrow department, instead they place a "request" for you, processing time of a request is 7-10 business days. They won't even look at your request for basically 2 weeks? I requested a manager who I hoped could request a rush on this to expedite processing and fix their error, "all managers are unavailable, I can have one call you in 3 business days". So we wait the 3 days and more and more, and a call never comes.

They refuse to call you back to update you on the status of your request because customer service is not allowed to make outbound calls. You must call back on your own and speak to a different person every time, each equally as clueless as the last about when your request will be reviewed or the status. As is sits, I still don't have the money they owe me, my request has still not been processed and I am left to wait with no updates and no one over there who has any clue what they are doing. I am convinced at this point there actually are no managers or supervisor structure of any kind within the company as I've never been allowed to speak to one. If you are considering a loan with Ditech, run the other direction as fast as you can. If you do a loan and they transfer your loan to Ditech for servicing, I'm sorry, just know I feel your pain.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have bank statements to show every transaction, I have online billing, I have text stating they received payments then I get a letter that I am behind in my payments and I need to move out or sell my home if I cannot afford to live in it. I have proof I have never missed a payment and they cashed every one.They stated they reversed my payment which they did not, without reason why that was posted it. They repeatedly state they are looking into the matter and continue to take out the payment and thank me for the payment and then send me a another letter.

Now they state I owe 2,100.77. I receive a text 11/14/17 stating they resolved the issue. I called to make sure and they did not. Tired of trying to get this straighten out. They can't even tell me why they think I owe the money. They receive the first payment April the 29th 2016 on the 29th and my last payment to them was on the 1 of Nov. Before that I had City Bank and wished I still had them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

This is the second modification for my home I have had a nightmare with this company. My payments are thru my bank and Ditech has been receiving them before the 15th of every month. I called not once but 4 times and left messages that I still did not receive the modification contract. Last time they canceled my modification saying that they sent it and it did not go back so they assume I just didn't bother. What nerve. I have given permission to leave a contact on my phone I work day and night to support this house even in a not to healthy condition.

It is my life. These people do not bother to call or leave a message. I received one from Erica a month ago and called her back explaining I cannot use my phone at work but will call back. The recordings I get are from Texas, California, all over never one place. I finally wrote to them voicing my concern and not heard yet. Meanwhile they just keep sending bad reports on my credit saying I am behind. When I'm not. I pay the modification amount and I am now going to send a registered letter and try to find a lawyer that may be able to help me. Any help is appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Made a payment through my Bank of America Bill Pay and scheduled it within the required time frame. Have been making payments like this the whole time and they always post during the time frame which BofA states it will post or within one day of it. For some reason they did not post the payment one month until 5 day later than was stated on the BofA site. Called them and customer service was horrible. Claimed for sure that they didn't receive the payment until it was 5 days late and that there was no way this was a mistake on their part because they always process the payments right away. Blamed the postal service instead (when this is an online payment through BofA Bill Pay) but claimed that I still had to pay the late fee.

I offered to send to them what was showing on my bank portal and they said it didn't matter because the payment was late. The whole time being rude and sure there was no way this could have been a mistake on their part. Don't know where they are taught customer service but it is no way to treat a customer in my opinion. The rep would not transfer me to a supervisor claiming that none was available and she would not give me her full name. I never chose this company as they bought out my loan but if you have options stay away. I would never chose to do business with them. Thanks for nothing Jessica (Employee ID **) who apparently has no supervisor so I am just supposed to trust that she noted the issue and passed it on.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I've been corresponding with Ditech for a month trying to get an insurance claim resolved. When I call I'm told everything looks correct that I've mailed in. This last phone call involved a woman named Desiree in insurance claims dept. She was extremely disrespectful. Treated me as if I had, had the intellect to do as I was told there wouldn't have been a problem. This is the second time this type of repairs have been filed with my insurance company due to the poor quality of how the home was made. I've heard this from other homeowners of this mobile home. I've always paid on time, never missed a payment, but obviously this doesn't matter. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial, LLC?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I, like many homeowners in Texas, have had catastrophe losses, through no fault of our own. My insurance company, State Farm, has been prompt, equitable and great. Ditech's claims division has been an utter nightmare. They have had $26,000+ of MY INSURANCE Claims money since September and have REQUIRED certain documents before they will release ANY funds. I have submitted these documents 3 times now. Still NO FUNDS RELEASED. I am no dummy. Was a property adjuster for 30 years so I know what I am doing and what the law is. Ditech is in breach of contract, unfair dealings with their customers under FTC Fair Practices Act, bullying their customers and other acts I won't go into any further.

If there is an attorney out there that wants to help some folks, please consider taking these cases and having this certified as a class action suit. People like Ditech need to be exposed. Taking advantage of people when they need help the most. Despicable behavior. There are THOUSANDS of complaints here, so it's not just me. Signed - Sad & Pissed in Texas! PS: As far as documentation - I was an adjuster for 30 years. I document everything! Have pictures, letters to and from Ditech, phone calls, all the documents sent via Next Day Air, etc. names of parties talked to, etc.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I just got off the phone with Ditech Customer Service. All I was trying to do is get a late charge reversed on my account. Well, I forgot what I was calling about by the time I reached a representative. The automated system asks for your last 4 to verify your account. Done! Then you get transferred to someone that does not know your name, and asks for all the same info all over again. By this time, you are either wore out or pissed off. Anyway, I was told that Ditech does not issue reversals on late fees (even after all those years of not being late). So, I swallowed that terrible policy. But, I just cannot swallow the impersonal service and computer systems they have set up. I get security, but at this point I would rather someone hack my account. I spoke to 3 reps, and each one talked over me very rude like. Get out of that Ditech loan ASAP!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I mailed 3 money orders for Aug 2017 mortgage payment & principle. Ditech said they never received them, but Amscot confirmed they were all cashed on the day Ditech would normally receive my payments each month. After several wks, they just sent me a Resolution Letter saying the money orders were all cashed at B of America, & that I need to go thru them now to find my money. I believe someone at Ditech cashed my money. I will check w/ BoA now, file a police report, contact the State Attorney General, & 8 On Your Side news station, & more if needed, until this case is resolved! Ditech is very shady, & everyone I spoke with had a different story... Wish I could choose my Lender. #DirtyDitech

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Since February 27, 2015, Ditech has messed with my credit. At one point, Ditech took payments and applied them to escrow and therefore making me look late. I have payment history and monthly statements showing I made the payments. They do NOT CARE. On 10/17 Sharika from Ditech advised that no notes were documented in my account that referred escrow payments or issues. I was behind now the month of July. She advised that I was never late in 2017 and I told her "funny, you reported me to the credit bureaus 5 times!" She said she had no documentation of that. Really?

Advised her that the additional personal notes and documentation I have shown that Ditech “accidentally” put payment funds in escrow account instead of applying to my payment on or around 8/29/16 and again 4/26/17. Shakira advised me there are lots of “records” that can’t be found since Greentree merged with Ditech. Also, I will mention for documentation purposes, when this merge took place, Ditech was also was not going to honor my home modification through the original lender Flagstar. In 2015, this situation forced me to contact Southern Nevada Housing Authority to have them step in and be sure my modification was accepted and understood that the terms of a loan modification agreement does not change. In July 2017 I received around $100 from the Greentree Ditech Class action lawsuit. My credit was also reported that I was delinquent on 1/15 and 2/15 of that year.

Ditech has numerous consumer complaints. I am a consumer who makes her house payment and chooses to keep her home. They have caused me headaches and restless nights trying to prepare paperwork for issues in the past, or resolve issues with your customer service representatives who don’t care about the customer. I can't get this issue resolved and I am running in circles. I am now taking this to every social media outlet possible and will also file any and all complaints against them. This is not professional NOR FAIR to us homeowners who make our payments. Ditech Financial should be out of business and taken in for fraud. I also have late charges. For what? I don't know.

Resolution response: Nov. 7, 2017

As it turned out what they told me on the telephone had nothing to do with what was actually done electronically, so the auto payment was actually turned off even though they told me it wasn't turned off. When you call them up what actually get is a kind of answering service where they type what you say and then pass it on to someone who reviews you statement. It is as if when you call them they have no idea about your account and can not do anything about your account. So the information they give you on the telephone is neither accurate or correct and basically has nothing to do with what is actually happening. It is nothing more than an answering service.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Do not use online banking system or auto payment system. There is absolutely no relationship to their online internet banking system and what they actually do. If you turn off the auto payment system and it shows no payment will be made, a payment will still be made. I turned off the auto payment system and checked that it was off and then made an electronic payment only to find that the auto payment was still made and I had made two payments in the one month. Like most people I can not afford to make two mortgage payments in one month. When I called them they gave me the run around including that I needed to send them my own bank statement to prove that I had made the payment as if they do not have any records of payment. Totally useless online internet banking system and the representatives are worthless.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

After the financial crash of 2008, I refinance my mortgage through President Obama HARP program. Ditech took over mortgage from GreenTree in 2015 and promptly increased my fixed rate mortgage from 2.0% to 3.0%, in 2016, they increased it to 3.0%. In 2017, they increased it to 4.0% and will in 2018 increase it to 4.37%. Also, Ditech says that due to the HARP program, there is no 14 day grace period and they are allowed to charge fees beginning on the 2nd of the month. I cannot wait until the next class action lawsuit put them completely out of business. Pure unadulterated greed.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

In May 2016 a check for 2488 was received and applied to my account. Ditech made the mistake of applying it twice. They did an internal audit in September 2017 and realized their error. We did not know about the $2488.00 check nor the error. How we found out about both was a phone call that we were 111 days delinquent and they were going to start foreclosure. I asked how is this possible when we are current on our account. When they did the audit and saw their mistake they took 3 months payments to pay themselves back and made me delinquent. But to be nice they put me on a payment plan for the next year with a increase of $166 a month. We are getting a lawyer. There is no way they can take my payments like this to correct their error.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Earlier this year I had a small problem with them. I just chalked it up to their mistake which I assume they would be able to correct. They purchase my mortgage 2016, things had been going fine. They misplace a little over 200 that I had send in with my monthly payments that I was going to have applied to my principal. Wrong, it's lost never to be found. Then this week I received a letter asking me to call them. Which I did on 10/18/17 only to be told that I a late balance of $2437.56 and that they wanted the payment. I informed them that I have statements showing that I am not behind and that my account was up to date. They didn't care just wanted the money. I had to hang up. I called back that same day and spoke with a Mario, only to be told the same thing. I suggested that he start looking for a new job, since they do not know what they are doing.

I also had told him that I have statements from them and I have all my records from my bank showing my payments. He then told me that I had a pull out on my account, which I asked what was that. He told me for home repairs, okay. I have never applied for that nor have I received any money from them. Then he mention my taxes and insurance again, I mention that I have a escrow account for that. I ended up questioning myself. Went home and did my research, and found all of my documents. I was right. On 10/19/17 I stopped by my bank for a print out of all of my payments. The young women at the bank offer to help me understand. So I went out and brought in all of my paperwork. She went over it and when I left there I felt so much better. They do mortgages, and they couldn't figure it out either. She offer to call but I had to go to work.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the amount is now $3168.78 as of yesterday morning. I call and asked to speak to a supervisor, which is very hard to get a hold of, but because of my temper I stood on hold. When Stacy finally answer the phone, I explain what was going on. She never mention putting it in writing and sending it in. She just said that she would ask that a investigation would be done. Sure like when I asked about the extra money that I had send in. So, while I had her on the phone I also asked about the $50.00 being paid on my behalf. I have no idea what this is for. Plus for them to look into the extra money.

I have all of my documentations, Now I will be writing to them today. Sending it out certified mail return receipt. Then I am going to our Attorney General Office also. After reading about all of these errors on their part, we need to do something!!! My payments are up to date, and then once I was late, I had call to find out the late charge so I could pay it at the same time. I did include it with my payment that month. While watching the news last night I also saw something about NBC Boston Response team. I am going to check that out too. If enough of us complain to the Attorney General office, maybe we can get them to do something for us. I don't wish people to lose their jobs, but if it comes down to that then so be it. We all are working hard, to just maintain what we have. We don't need this!!!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Leave message when told never hear from them. They don't return phone calls. I'm just waiting. Now my house is going to foreclosure. I will never refer them to anybody or their subsidiaries. They have the worst customer service!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

PLEASE BEWARE!!! Dear Ditech customers, please be aware of charges being added to your mortgage for "lawn care" services. I was charged for lawn care services 12 times, nine of which were claimed to have been done in November, December, January, February, and March, dating back to 2015. I was just made aware April of 2017. I live in Massachusetts. Yes, you read this correctly, Massachusetts! I was never notified of such charges. I became aware of them when my tenant seen a random male walking around in my yard, while another waited by their vehicle. The car the males were in did not have signage nor did the males wear any uniforms to disclose who and where they were from. They even threatened my tenants (leaving a handwritten note on his car) to move his vehicle from the driveway and If it wasn't moved it will get towed. (I still have the note to prove this). My tenants felt unsafe from that moment on to say the least.

I contacted Ditech. It took 5 different representatives. Finally, two months later, a rep that knew how to do her job! She explained the procedure and told me this was in my loan documents. The loan docs stated they have the right to verify the property and assure it's being maintained (to put it simply). This was when I found out I was charged 12 times, as stated above, dating back to 2015. When I told the rep where I lived and lawn care isn't possible because the SNOW prevents it from growing she was shocked and speechless. I proceeded to ask her how they're able to determine the services rendered (I have an 18 year old, he's my "lawn care" guy). She wasn't able to give me an answer.

So we, Ditech customers are being charged for services not performed and they don't have to inform you. They don't even leave a note on the door of the "lawn care" services performed. Even the workers need to be careful. Many will consider this trespassing and a man just trying to make an honest living can get hurt or even killed. We live in a world full of fear. And innocent lives are being taken because of it. WATCH OUT! THIS MAY HAPPEN TO YOU! I was told I had to mail in a written complaint. I did. The issue has taken months to resolve. I'm currently disputing additional charges. Ditech has been by far my worst financial experience. They made my homeowning process a horrifying one. Good luck to the rest of you.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

First time home buyer here. Ditech purchased my mortgage company shortly after I bought my house. They have been relatively easy to deal with until I was unable to make payments due to medical issues. I had written a check in an amount over my standard monthly payment in order to get caught up. It was never communicated to me that my house had gone into foreclosure and they weren't going to process the check because it wasn't in the amount of the reinstatement amount. After realizing the money wasn't taken out of my account I called to find out what was up. That's when I found out my house was in foreclosure. I had received no letter or phone call from them before then.

I went through the process of paying the amount to reinstate the loan which they made unimaginably difficult. No one knew the actual number I owed and I couldn't make the payment unless it was in the exact amount. It took them two months to get their crap together and finally figure out how much I owed. Everything was in the clear, I was all caught up and prepared to pay my normal monthly payments - or so I thought. They had held on to that previous check they never processed without my knowledge and tried to process it months after it was written resulting in insufficient funds fees on my checking account and me being unable to pay other bills.

When I called customer service to file a formal complaint and get the check back so they couldn't keep trying to process it I was transferred to 3 different customer service representatives where I had to retell the story over and over. No one gave me answers. They all gave me the line of I've never heard of this happening before. I don't know what to tell you. Needless to say, Ditech has completely lost my trust. If I can figure out a way to ditch them I'm doing it.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I have had a mortgage loan with Green Tree who then was bought by Ditech Financial since 2001. The mobile home that I unfortunately assumed from the previous owner has turned into a nightmare! I had rented this property to people who destroyed the trailer. I ended up getting them evicted. In the meantime, I could not afford the payments and it is now not worth what's left on the loan. To not have to put any more money into this home, I was advised to fill out a loan mitigation application. This has been the worst customer service EVER! I ended up having to re-do the application because they drag their feet and it became outdated. Then after completing a second application with them, I have been waiting on their review for 6 months.

They claim they were waiting on a clear title. There were only 2 owners - the one previous to me and me! I have called consistently to check the status and they are just dragging their feet. They could have sold this property months ago to someone I had told them was interested in it but they have done nothing towards getting this approved. And I made nothing from renting it all these years but made all the payments ON TIME at 10% interest! I was using this property as a charity for me. In the meantime, my credit has tanked because they have reported me to the credit bureau for being behind in my payments. This has been the worst experience I have ever had with any mortgage - I see why their ratings are 1 star - and would have given them minus stars if possible. Please do not take out any loan from them.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

This company does not stand by their motto, they do not give a damn about their customers, they are all about the money. They will mess up your credit report to the point no one will refinance or have anything to do with you, you’re stuck! I sent extra monies for an alleged missed payment and asked for it to be applied to the UAF acct, they applied it to so called late fees. I read on this site, a lady sent extra money and wanted it applied to the principal, they applied it to UAF, so go figure, they decide, that is not right. You have to get an attorney involved in order to get "anything corrected"! They play psychological warfare and are rude and crude, I don't know how they stay in business, the state needs to lock their doors and see how they like it!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

They have the worst customer service. Trying to get my insurance claim from them. Showing receipts and pictures, but they act like its their money. They talk down to you and they will never come out and tell you what you need to do. My lawyers have to contact them for me and they cant even deal with them. The worst customer service company I have ever seen.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I've never had an issue with Ditech at all. My payment is always made on time. Therefore there is no reason to deal with them very often. I had an issue with my insurance company and ditech jumped in and helped me get it resolved.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

We did a refinance back in 2010 with Quicken Loans. We did not pick our lender, the company we had. I don't even remember had us for like 3 months, then switched us to Countrywide because we had a previous mortgage with them. Everything was fine, then we all know what happened to the housing market and Fannie Mae, so our loan went to Bank of America, no problem, then to GreenTree, no problems, then to Ditech... And this is trouble. In the past year we have been struggling and have a Chap. 13 filed to try to help us. If I make a 1/2 payment, it's late and a $62.00 service fee applies and the rest of the money goes to "unapplied". When I questioned this they told me this is standard practice, but then it came to them harassing us and they took us to court to "lift a stay" to foreclose and it was granted, but we had already caught up so they could do nothing...

Now we are in bind again and they are back to the old tricks and I spoke to our lawyer, he told me to ask them for the documents of our loan where we signed agreeing to "holding" money and not applying to principal. Ditech has an excuse, because they are servicing company, the documents have to be retrieved and from 2010, they are not sure where to locate them. As I write this today I got another letter, I owed $715.00 past due and they have already started proceedings to secure the collateral. Are you kidding me!!! These people need to be stopped...I want in a class action lawsuit. I am tired of the bullying.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

They did not include my insurance in my escrow. They were supposed to fix this two months ago. I went to make my monthly payment last week and it overdrafted my checking account. They said they would stop the payment. They didn't. I called Monday and was told they were running an escrow analysis and they would send me a check that day or the following day. I called today (Thursday), and they said it hadn't been started because there was an error but if I wanted they would run an analysis which would be 7 to 10 days. In the meantime, I have no money in my account. This is just an example of problems over the years. Who knows if they'll ever fix this.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

This company is a big joke and is not in the least bit interested in customer service. I "inherited" them as my servicer when they purchased the company that held my loan. When I sold my property they sat on returning my escrow funds to me, it took me two months and repeated phone calls to get my money. When I thought we were done, they discovered they owed me another $200, of MY money, and guess what? They are playing the same games they played the first go around, I am now a month and one complaint filed with the Attorney General of Pennsylvania, into getting my funds. They are big-time liars, and will point fingers at everybody but themselves. And when you ask them, repeatedly, and nicely as a customer for them to fix their errors they continue to gameplay. Don't use them as a servicer if you can help it. There are many reputable, customer-focused loan servicers out there who will treat you much better then Ditech will.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I applied for Loan Modification for my Mortgage in May 2016, and submitted all the required documents and called the customer services. If any documents they need to process my request "please call me leave a message or send me e-mail", I never received email. Application was completed and was made yet, and asking me again again and again pay stub for me and my spouse which I submitted at least 20 times. Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We all know that when your homeowners insurance gets cancelled, the mortgage company always places forced insurance on your property, usually at double the going rate. Well Ditech has found a way to make that happen, so they can get the insurance business... We have an escrow with them, and our property insurance is with Citizens (which in this day and age is nearly impossible to secure in Florida, especially during hurricane season)... So what does Ditech do? They bounced our escrow check to Citizens for the premium. YES, we got a letter from Citizens telling us the DITECH check was NSF. The letter was dated 9/6/17; 2 days before Irma hit Florida. Supposedly they are replacing the check, but it will take 6 days to get there, we only have 8 days until Citizens cancels our policy. What if it bounces again???!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

My mortgage originated in 1998 with Greentree Financial, low payments and an Apr. Over the years, my mortgage has been sold and bought, finally (unfortunately for me) ending up with Ditech. What a nightmare! THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE!!! My account representative has changed several times, the most recent is Daris... who keeps calling me while I'm at work even though I've asked him not to... and when I do call him back I never get to speak with him. The latest fiasco began July 25th when I emailed them asking for detailed information about my account... Their response was not what I had requested so I've sent yet another written request. REALLY??? How hard can it be to send the information I requested...

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

We have been paying a locked-in amount ever since we came out of a traumatic bankruptcy nearly two years ago. All of our debts were satisfied, including paying a monthly mortgage payment. Out of the blue, at the end of July, we began getting harassing and threatening phone calls and letters. Our contact has been some person by the name of Amber **. They're not following proper procedure; that was clearly our tip off, but it doesn't seem relevant to their plan, which is out and out thievery.

We've been in this house over 22 years and these clowns are not going to get away with this if I have any say in this. It's an out-and-out SCAM. I have notified donotcall.gov of this scam and I can only hope and pray that the FTC stops these jokers in their tracks before they claim any more innocent victims. Another tip off was the area code from which they're calling from. 904 is FL. What on earth are they calling from FL for? Someone STOP them now. One final issue. Where or who do we send our mortgage payments to??!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Ditech located at PO box 6127 Rapid City, SD 57709-6127/ Catherine credit union ** confirm. Has submitted my checks 3 times in July 2017 and 2 times before that costing me 120.00 total on purpose. This last time in June 2017 I went on vacation, wrote them a letter that my return date was July 11, 2017 and the payment would be there on the 5th of July 2017. They cash the July check first and it went through. I turned around and tried to cash the June check 3 times and it bounced each time.

I called them and they said that it was only submitted 2 times. That was not true. They told me they don't hold checks. I stated "if you don't you should have called me or return the check back. We are supposed to be doing business together." Return the check back and I will send another one, "we don't have it was shredded." That was because you cashed the July check first and tried to do June. Ask for a letter that the check was shredded received it but it did not state which check it was and kept calling me using different people to send the new check using unknown numbers. Now I can't buy much food/had to get my meds, I am retired at 69. I don't need the stress of unfair practices. On stress meds, pressure and type 2. I need my money or sue. Thanks for your help.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

We sold our house and requested the payoff. We were sending Ditech money. Took two weeks to obtain it and we received the information on the morning of the closing. We had to hire an attorney to obtain the information. The people there do not communicate and when they do they don't have an answer for you. It seems like they would want the money. When you get to talk to a human being, they don't have the answers and say they will get back to you... Hog wash. Terrible company. I can see them going out of business soon... Hopefully.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

One star rating is too high. My mortgage was sold to Ditech and I wish it hadn't because I would never choose Ditech to service my loan. I closed escrow on June 8th 2017 and I have a surplus in my escrow account of 728.00. It has been over 2 months since the close and I still have not received the surplus leftover from my account. Every time I call I am told the check is in the mail and I need to wait another week. I have been told that for the last 4 weeks. I spoke with a Stacey and Carmen and both told me there was nothing else that can be done. They refuse to send an electronic payment to my checking account. For little guys like us there really is no way to fight a large corporation like Ditech. Ditech is corrupt.

Ditech Financial Company Information