2. Mortgages

Ditech Financial

Ditech Financial
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.74/5
Based on 3,503 ratings
This company is out of businessFind other companies

We are in the business of helping Americans realize the dream of home ownership. The irony is that while buying a home can be a joyful and uplifting experience, getting a mortgage can be anything but. We aim to change that.

Our purpose: securing the American Dream

Our approach: helpful, responsive, efficient and fair

Our values: honesty, responsibility, transparency and creativity

Our promise: to put your needs first!

Ditech Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ditech Financial, LLC?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

In 2015 I paid 16,000.00 and paid off my house. NEVER RECEIVED my deed. When I call to ask where my deed was I was told that I owed 3,000.00 more. NO WAY. I have paperwork that's shows a zero balance and they added money with no explanation. THEY FILE CHAPTER 11 and I file bankruptcy trying to fight them. MORTGAGE is sold to shellpoint and now I owe 15,000.00 to save my home. What in the hell. CROOKS. CROOKS. Now about to be homeless with my 3 children and nothing that we can do about it.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I have had a loan with this company for 10 plus years and have never missed a payment. This company drives me nuts. It takes forever to get a human on the phone. It would be nice to be able to handle matters on their website but it is such a jumbled disorganized site that you can't do that. They have removed their phone number from the website so you have to Google their contact information. Obviously they do not want to be reached. IF you could avoid having New Rez involved in your loan or mortgage, you should. I assure you there are others who want your business. Customer service at this company has tanked.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2020

My previous home mortgage was with Ditech. Ditech was bought by New Residential Mortgage in October, but I never received notice from either company that my loan was transferred to NewRez so for November and December I made my payments online to Ditech. I sold my home 12/6/19 but paid my mortgage payment that month because I didn't know how long it would take for the closing attorney to payoff my loan, and I didn't want my payment to be late. I was thinking I would receive a refund of the prorated payment amount plus any escrow balance that remained.

Today is May 13, 2020, and I still have not received my refund check even though I received a letter from DiTech dated 12/12/19 saying I would receive a check within 20 days. I've call twice previously and was told they processed payment, but still no check. I call today and DiTech is no longer taking calls. Their website links are inactive and when I try to bring up a document on my account after logging in I get an error message. I guess I got caught up in their bankruptcy, which I never received notice of, and I'm out over $830.00. If anyone has any suggestions, and people can reply to reviews, I am open to suggestions on how to go about getting my money back. Thank you.

Original review: March 13, 2020

I had Ditech mortgage for the past 13 years before it was sold. I had a good experience when I refinance my ten years ago. Sorry to see that it was sold to another company recently. They always worked with you through any problem you may had with your mortgage. Customer service was great.

Original review: March 10, 2020

I'm so glad that this crap company is going away! My loan got sold to New Rez mid year... No prob getting a partial year 1098 from New Rez... but DiTech claims "The new company should give you an all inclusive 1098" - to which the new company (New Rez) says they don't supply a 1098 for funds that they did not receive... DiTech says I can FAX a request to have them research... like anyone still hs a fax! What a joke... good riddance to bad rubbish!

Original review: March 8, 2020

I purchased a home already owned by DiTech Financial and used them to finance the house. They saved me thousands in closing costs, realtor fees, inspections and surveys. Closing was really easy and John ** was super easy to work with and walked me through the entire process to buy my first home. Customer service after closing was great. They recently sold the mortgage servicing to another company and I am sad to not be working with DiTech because they have been super friendly and helpful every step of the way.

Original review: March 2, 2020

My refi was sold to Ditech. Signed up for Autopay and saw the first payment come out so didn't worry anymore...until 3 months later when I got notice I was in default for 3 months nonpayment. Contacted Ditech and they told me it was my financial institution's fault for not releasing the money. Contacted my credit union who informed me Ditech had taken the money out each month and put it back into my account 6 days later each time! They said the money was still in my account. Contacted Ditech again with the news and a week later they conceded. It was a glitch on their part and they would catch up. Unfortunately they had ruined my credit score which dropped over 100 points showing me 3 months delinquent on my mortgage payment. Loan sold to another company but credit still not back to what it was.

Original review: March 1, 2020

Somewhere along the line they added $5000 to my principal with no explanation and I can't get help or information or anything. They have since transferred my mortgage to some other company since their bankruptcy. Ridiculous!!!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

My husband and I have owned our home for 20 years. We are now retired and are unable to care for our home so we asked for payoff letter so we can list for sale. Called and they said 7-10 days. When we finally received payoff it showed payoff was over $6,000 more than my statement shows. If the payoff is what they say we have paid for 20 years and owe more than we financed and where is my down payment?? When we called Ditech a foreign speaking man hung up when we asked why it was so much more. Then we called again and a foreign speaking woman answered and could not answer question again. Ditech bought my loan from Greentree (without my permission) and then filed Bankruptcy. Is this the way they're getting out of debt...OVERCHARGING!!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Ditech Holding LLC with names used to fraud, scam others. Ditech with unclean hands rob families of thier peace, health, home, and monies. 2016 my loan was transferred to Ditech. Force of insurance every year complaint made Florida Finance Dept, mismanagement of loan, Wrong default placed on 50 states properties, one being mine. Home damaged during hurricane Irama in Fla 2017. After filing Ditech files for bankruptcy in New York. Government officials turn heads? As if the hurt caused by Ditech and others means nothing of value. Makes no sense until it hits their home and families. Its election time people look closely!.

The very people we trust to protect us. Has let us down. 800 billion dollars in question? NO. Ditech claim they never received our monies. People are losing homes without a cause at the hands of Ditech cold black hearts. Who should be held accountable for stealing, scamming, breaking legal laws. Our courts allow this. Our Government allow this. Our officials allow this. Every dirty hand will pay in full. I will fight for whats right! You owe us Ditech. You will pay. New Residental purchase Ditech Sept 15 2019. You should do the right thing! Am in legal actions for Ditech's error why? File claims before the deadline its just a joke. Where are the real legal groups? The real honable law holders? Ditech walk away untouched. Within a few days back into action doing the same thing. Because YOU WERE SOLD FOR PENNIES ON A DOLLAR AT OTHERS EXPENSE. Who can trust you? People are venting on deaf ears. The American way of today.

Ditech Financial Company Information