4.9/5 (128 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Dean Graziosi

Dean was born and raised in Marlboro, New York. He is the son of Paul Graziosi and Gloria Post and is the younger of two children. His family faced many financial challenges growing up and Dean moved more than 20 times before he was 19 years old. Dean Graziosi did his first business investment well over 25 years ago and has never stopped fine-tuning his craft.

Dean Graziosi Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dean Graziosi?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dean Graziosi?

No response received
Original review: May 20, 2012

To all of you who were taken for your money, I feel sorry for you. My friend took me to this seminar and I said that it was a scam from the beginning. I saw how people were willing to give away their money as if they were rich or something. Anytime somebody tells you that you have to get something right now without looking over the fine print, be aware. I will never give away my money that easy. First of all, I never heard of Dean and second of all, I don't know enough about real estate to make a decision on what is best for me. Please remember that every state is different in what you can and cannot do in the housing market. For all of you who wrote on the way you were treated, I did see this at the seminar. I hope that all of you get your money and learn a lesson from this. Most things in life you must work for and they don't come free or easy. Please be aware that this is a scam. I did not give one red cent to them and nor will I regret that my friend asked me to go with her. Never again. Thank you, heavenly Father, for letting me see this scam a mile away.

Dean Graziosi response

On behalf of Dean Graziosi, his live events, or any offered advanced education, our number one focus is total and complete customer satisfaction. We receive hundreds of positive posts a day on DeanGraziosi.com, and Dean obsesses on the client, unlike any other educator. But with helping educate literally tens of thousands of people, we realize every once in a while someone could slip through the cracks, or not have the experience they desire. We want to know this, we want to resolve this, and we want to learn from this. So when we saw this post we jumped right on it and here is what we found:

First, Ms. Jones, by her own admission, is not a customer of Dean Graziosi - she never purchased any products or services. Also, she never attended the 3-day real estate workshop, or reviewed any of the company's curriculum. The company has an average customer satisfaction survey rating for the 3-day Workshop of 4.79 out of 5.

It is unfortunate Ms. Jones feels this way. However, the company respectfully rejects all of her allegations as false and not founded on any of her experiences with our products or services - as she is not a customer.

Original review: May 11, 2012

My wife and I attended one of Dean Graziosi's seminars in Manhattan, KS in April 2012. Just like all the other folks who had attended, we too were duped. They started the seminar with this great promise of making money, but all you had to do was pay $1997 for this packet then another $997 for liens and deeds. Needless to say, we did.

But later, I called to cancel, and this individual called back and said I could keep the tax lien stuff and he would send a three-day DVD to us along with the ability to still use online help. Just like others, tax liens and deeds, not all states do online sales, as I have looked them up and you have to join their sites and pay more money. Dean was not at this seminar either. Does this person even exist? We are told that he only goes to these high-end classes. Why? Isn't everyone important?

Resolution response: June 4, 2013

I’m pleased to report that my dispute with Dean Graziosi’s Company has been resolved. I was contacted on 6/3/13 by a concerned customer service representative who listened to me and was very helpful in resolution.They have been most honorable.

Original review: May 10, 2012

After reading his book, and out of work, I decided to try his course. $2,500 is what I paid. Unfortunately, the housing bubble had just burst and his methods (which perhaps were viable previous to the bust), were not working for me. I spent 60 days full time trying his methods, particularly contacting the "For Sale By Owner." Most all of the FSBO were now investors who where trying to get rid of their leveraged properties and wanted cash only. The whole market was saturated with investors who were trying to dump their properties, knowing that the banks would no longer loan, and notes were coming due. I feel cheated and could say much more, however, that's it for now!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 8, 2012

I attended a meeting in Southern California for Dean Graziosi's Real Estate Seminar in late April 2012. I signed up online, but a lot of other people received invitations in the mail where the seminar claimed to hold a private auction where attendees could buy valuable properties for pennies on the dollar. They were supposed to be available for $12K-$21K. A Latino guy next to me showed me his invitation. He had driven 2.5 hours to buy a house in the auction because he hadn't been able to afford six-figure properties in California. It was odd how the auction never materialized, but suddenly, Dean Graziosi's people were offering all sorts of other services on grants, cash buyers, 2% financing and insider tips to get properties below market at pennies on the dollar.

They claimed there was a full tuition guarantee and that you would have a property in 30-60 days if you signed up for a $1,997 seminar. The speaker, Miller, claimed that the real estate training and insider resources were the best in the business. Miller said that the program was so good and successful that over the years, he had never had a single person contact him to complain. Miller said that for years, he'd been giving out his email address to every group that he spoke to. When someone asked what his email was, Miller promised to give it to us at the end. Then Miller left during the break without giving us his email address. At the back, no one from the company had any idea what Miller's email address was including his wife! He introduced his wife who was sitting at the back table, another Dean Graziosi employee and showed their wedding pictures during the slideshow! They said that we would get Miller's email address "later" from customer service.

During the presentation, I noticed two women in their late 30's with dark hair. They were very vocal and active in responding to what Miller said. When he solicited interest in topics, they provided excited input. And they would say the services were worth thousands of dollars or the one-day financing should be worth 20% or 50% of the deal instead of just 2%. When Miller gave an incentive for the first 9 who signed up, they were among the first to rush to the back table. In fact, the ladies practically knocked over their chairs and hit the people around them because they were in such a rush. After the break, the speaker, Leland, talked about tax liens. I happened to know some things about tax lien certificates and deeds. I knew enough to know that Leland was understating the costs and risks and overstating the opportunities. There are a lot of junk tax lien properties which will never give a return. I also had a friend who did their program, who claimed it was a scam. I wanted to hear what Graziosi's guys had to say about tax liens so I could better judge what they said about real estate.

Although Leland claimed that they provided access to buy tax liens online for all the 50 states, that is not true. I know that many states do not have online systems. Further, some of the junk online is whatever is left over after the smart-money buyers dominate the auction. Leland didn't mention that at the auction, the rate of return is typically "bid down" from the high rates he quoted. When I tried to ask a question to point that out, Leland wouldn't allow any questions and said I would have to talk to him privately at the end. I said it was a group question, but he would still would not let me ask. That amazed me. The group had thinned to half of its size during the real estate presentation, but they still wouldn't allow a single question!

Leland said that Graziosi saves his best deals for last and that tax liens are the best deals. That statement alone worried me. The cost of the tax lien product from Graziosi and Sean Keegan Walker was $997-$1,497, plus a monthly fee to buy from Walker's stock which he bought in bulk at discount and marked up. They also claimed there was a tuition guarantee. After the presentation, I noticed that the two ladies were no longer animated, but were just slouched in their chairs not even talking to anyone. They had a bag with the real estate packet. I asked what kind of properties they wanted to buy. They said they didn't know. I asked if they had properties now. They said no. It seemed odd that now they exhibited no excitement, interest or knowledge in real estate. I asked if they received the mailing about the pre-auction. They said no.

When I said that I thought it seemed like a bait and switch that there was no auction, and that I thought Leland over-represented the tax liens, in the middle of my sentence, one of the ladies walked to the back. She seemed to know the guy running the seminar admin. Then the guy walked up to me and asked me to leave immediately for criticizing the program. I looked at the two ladies and they gave me fake smiles. Then a guy escorted me out of the hotel. It was a public place! Wow! I thought there was something strange about those two ladies. I hadn't guessed that Graziosi had planted fake audience members for positive audience participation, crowd control and to create herd mentality to make people think everyone was rushing to sign up.

The speakers would not allow questions, would ignore the audience participation that contradicted their message and play up the fake messages. They even had a system to squelch criticism. They completely controlled and manipulated everything in the room! From what I read, it is lucky for me that Graziosi's guys decided to kick me out for being too inquisitive and critical! I never thought a business could be so fake and manipulative!

No response received
Original review: April 22, 2012

My husband and I paid $1997 to attend Dean Graziosi's (of course, Dean himself was not there, but an entire team of very slick sales shysters was in place) 3-day workshop. My husband is unemployed and things are pretty tough right now, but it sounded so amazing and we are very interested in getting into real estate. Well, I took days off work and we attended. The whole entire time was basically about paying for and attending another 3-day workshop, which prices ranged from $18,000 to $36,000 to get further teaching. I felt scammed and was very unhappy. Who has $18K-$36K for something like that? But that was okay, said the motivational speaker! Just put it on your credit cards! They were very pushy and had everyone fill out paperwork with all of our financial details on it, then we were given an appointment with a "coach", who took those details and tried to "help" us to find a way to finance continuing education or "mentoring" as they called it with Dean and "his team".

Once they found out you aren't interested in buying their additional workshops, you are pretty much treated like a leper. When they finally get down to giving us some of the information that was promised for our $1997, they went through it quickly and overwhelmed you to make you feel like you were an ** and really couldn't do anything on your own without again, paying an additional $18K-36K for their additional help. There were quite a few people who jumped up to pay them these exorbitant fees. I felt so sorry for them, but couldn't say much as we were warned at the beginning of the class that if we say anything negative not just during the class, but in the bathroom or at break times to others, we would get kicked out. Most of the time, you are not allowed to ask questions even. Whatever you do, don't get talked into this class! It's a huge waste of $2000! What a bunch of scammers, they should feel ashamed!

Original review: April 4, 2012

I attended a free real estate seminar at the Sheraton on 3/31/12 in Brooklyn, New York. I paid the Dean Grazio company $1497 on 3/31/12 to attend a tax lien and deeds - training and buying event to be held on April 21, 2012 at the Hilton Hotel at 1335 6th Avenue in New York. This scam business lures consumers by using motivational speakers to convince you to give them your money to attend meetings after meetings. And they're promising you ways to help you invest your money into another meeting they conduct, selling books and DVDs that lure you to give them more of your money. This leads you to spend more money that results in the consumer attending more meetings and giving the Dean Grazio enterprise more money you can't afford to be scammed.

The district attorney's office in New York and The New York City Department of Consumers Affairs were notified as of 4/4/12. I notified my bank to cancel payment and I emailed twice to the Dean Grazio enterprise on 4/2/12, 2 business days prior to 3 business days after transaction was made on 3/31/12 that I am cancelling my payment of $1497. I will return items to this company (DVDs) in resale condition, as per return policy located on the back of the transaction receipt.

Dean Graziosi response

Ms. Simmons received a full refund within two weeks of her purchase.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding anything with Dean or his Education please do not hesitate to call us. We are here to make sure your experience is the best it can possibly be.

Original review: March 9, 2012

On 03-04-12, I went to a seminar about real estate at Las Vegas, NV. Embassy Suites Hotel lies and more lies. These people, they are a group of scam artists. They took from me $1997 for Dean Graziosi's Profit from Real Estate Right Now and $997 for Sean Keegan's Tax Lien Program, SKW Central, also Stephen Libman (motivational, partner speaker). Please somebody do something with these guys. Place them in jail. They are taking advantage of lots of good people out there. Any questions regarding matter, **.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2011

My wife and I attended your Sacramento seminar on September 6, 2011, as advertised on the Labor Day, September 5th TV infomercial. We got swept into the excitement when two millionaires testified of their success stories of rags to riches. We were told to use other people's money via credit card and pay for a 3-day Real Estate workshop, September 15, 16 and 17th. A paid trip to a future retreat in Las Vegas was promised. We charged the $1,997 on our Visa and an additional $997 (discounted rate for having been one of the first 10 people to sign up), for another upcoming Tax Lien workshop, that is to be announced. We were told that the investments were refundable, provided we attend all three days of the workshop, of which we did.

A majority of time during the 3-day workshop was spent trying to get us to buy advanced boot camps, ranging in price from $50,000 Diamond to $6,997 Bronze level. We were again told to use other people's money and charge it. Isn't this the reason the economy is depressed? People are spending what is not theirs! We were told to find a house for $30,000, fix it up and resell it for $150,000. Yes, I know that it is possible, but substantial legal and banking knowledge is required. Practiced salesmanship skills are needed. Most people do not give their homes away. As you know, many people that attend Dream Seminars have personal emotional, physical challenges and/or family members that demand of their time and attention. Many variables are in place before a serious change of commitment and lifestyle can be pursued.

We were surprised Sunday afternoon, the last few hours of the workshop, when we approached one of the attendants and were denied the refund. The attendant said that we would have to call the Insiders Edge office (the Insiders Financial Institute). Monday morning, I called **. Laura answered and said that I would need to call PM Marketing Institute for a refund (877) 234-8394. Jessica, at **, also said to contact PM Marketing Institute. Hillary, of PM Marketing Institute, answered and said to call your office, (888) 251-1116 x 3485. No one answered and I left a detailed phone message. Darrin ** (Caller ID **) called me Tuesday and said that the Insiders Financial Institute was mistaken, and that he'd have someone else call me back. Wednesday, I missed a call from Mr. Thayne **, as shown on caller ID. I called him back Thursday. No one answered and again, I left a detailed phone message. No one has called since. All materials from the seminar and workshop have been returned.

Dean Graziosi response

Our records show that Mr. Torres received a full refund of his purchase in March 2012.

No response received
Original review: Nov. 30, 2011

My husband and I decided to buy a house. We saw an advertisement on TV. It was Dean ** talking about his book and his big secrets in real estate. He promised to show how to become a millionaire. We called the number and received the book, then we received a phone call, the person said that they had classes and coaches who will help you step by step and give us all the secrets to buy a house at the best price. He asked us to pay $3,000 refundable once we close the deal. We agreed and paid by credit card. They sent us an email with videos, we didn't learn anything new all the information they gave can easily be found on google for free. We contacted them and told them we were not satisfied with their service. They didn't agree to give us a refund.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: April 8, 2010

I made a dispute about Dean **, after a few days, I didn't think Dean was going to get back with me and he finally did. I have to admit, I was actually wrong about Dean and everything I wrote. I really feel bad about the things I wrote and wish I had the power to remove them from the internet. It is really a shame that you are the author and can't get nothing removed from the net that you totally regret. There was no physical damages, as far as I'm concerned, things turned out better than expected.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2010

I ordered Dean Graziosi course. It came with two books and a DVD. The DVD stated that you watch it first. I then watched the DVD and there was an 800 number that kept popping up saying call this number, we have coaches standing by. I never did call the number. This was a very smart move on my part.

However a couple of weeks went by, I got a phone call from a guy who was claiming to be from the coaches dept. They call themselves PMI. He made things sound like everything was going to be awesome. He wanted around 3,500 dollars for the course. I decided this was too much for the course and told him no at first. He made comments like: do you have retirement; do you like your job? I said no and he goes on to say then fire them.

I caved in and gave this guy my credit card, biggest mistake of my 39 year old life. I then have some doubts about what I had done. I thought on several occasions calling back in and telling them I am not interested I would like a refund. I get another call from a PMI employee. I wish I had the names and dates to be exact, but he told me that I could refund the money from the course off of my taxes if I went with the tax club. I then said well does the tax club charge a fee and then he said yes, they charge a fee as well. I wait for the tax club and they tell me that I can get a refund on their fees as well they cost about 3,000+ dollars as well. I can write all this off on my taxes. This doesn't sound too bad. The tax club tells me that they have assessment calls, they give me dates and times. They are very precise on when they call and they do they are always on time.

I wait for the calls to come in and the first call is about they want to be my personal accountant. They have two packages and one is around 600.00 give or take a few hundred and another is around 1,300.00. I kindly decline having my personal accountant. I thought to myself that would be pretty dumb paying for an accountant and no customers. I get a second phone call that states that I need corporate credit; it is only 2,900.00 and 50 dollars a month. He told me that I would wish that I would get corporate credit and I might need it someday. I kindly said I was told I was getting my money back on my taxes and that I would not need that credit. I was paying the tax club 50 dollars a month for whatever reason in the 1st place. The 50 dollars a month was non refundable. I accepted this as I was trying something new and then I get this call of wanting 50 dollars a month on top of the 2,900 dollars.

I'm starting to become fishy of the tax club. I'm saying to myself the whole time, why would a person get messed up with the tax club if they didn't have any customers and they seem to be like money grabbers to me. I call these people, PMI and the tax club, people that use crimes of persuasion to get what they want. I then get a third call from the tax club about promoting my business on the website and yes, this time, there is another huge fee. I did make in effort to get out of this the best possible way that I knew how. I went to a real estate club and talked to some investors and they said there is not much happening right now. They didn't seem to be very interested in what I was trying to do. It came tax time and I asked the tax club about my refund and they said they would have an accountant to call me. I waited for them to call and they were very on time, as usual.

I then talked to the tax club people and they told me did I make any money and they told me that I could not get a refund for anything because I did not make any money. I really wasn't surprised by this. I called the tax club demanding a refund and they told me that they would send out a form. I was to get back around $800.00. I then called back a few days later and told them I wanted a refund on the entire money that I had spent. They told me that was impossible. I told them before I handed my credit card information over, I told the rep that I was on the phone with I get this all back and he said absolutely. “Was the conversation recorded,” I had asked. Their response was, “yes all of our conversations are recorded,” and my response was, “great I want to listen to it.”

They told me that they couldn't do it just yet they would contact me in two to three days. I have never heard from this tax club people since about January 20th. I then contacted PMI and told them I wanted a refund for the entire course. I was told by PMI that if I went with the tax club that I would get my money back and they responded by saying you have been in the course too long for a refund. I always respond back by saying, “you are not listening to what I am saying that you all told me I would get my money back on my taxes this is why I was in the course for as long as I was.”

I never could get it through their thick skulls to why I continued the course for as long as I did. He also responded by saying that I haven’t contacted them since June of 09. This is not true. I contacted them several occasions. I always ask for Drew which was supposed to be my coach. I then would get we can take your call it doesn't have to be your coach. I was then told to call the tax club and they don't know much about taxes. Why would they tell me to go with the tax club and that I could get my money back if they don't know much about taxes? I hope the information about the company is correct. I got it off the Better Business Bureau website where he hold a famous F rating, imagine that.

Dean Graziosi Company Information