Dartmouth Financial

Research top Tax Relief recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Increased Rating!

All set.

Tom of Detroit, MI on

Original Review

I don't know where to begin to express how bad this company actually is. I don't think there is enough space on the Internet to write it all down, so I will summarize. In April of 2015, I was contacted on the phone by Dartmouth Financial about my tax problems, both personally as well as in my business. They said that their expert team of financial wizards, the principals of whom were both Army veterans, would contact the IRS and reduce my liability and come up with a fair and equitable solution with them to avoid levies and other collection measures. This has not been accomplished, to say the least! Not only have they had 9 months to get moving on this, but during those 9 months I had 3 levies issued against my company (forcing my clients into paying the IRS instead of me). These were ALL due to the IRS not getting the information that I supplied to Dartmouth. Wait... this gets better.

So between April and July of 2015 I heard nothing. $3000 they took, but I figured that they were working on it and the IRS moves slow. I mean, veterans wouldn't do this to other veterans would they? BTW I am a disabled Navy veteran. Anyway, I get a call in late July with a new case worker named Amanda **. She was also a veteran so I figured "Awesome! This will go quick and I can move on with my life!" No ah ah. Nothing had been done, or has been done since. In October they actually called and needed MORE MONEY to proceed. I had no other choice but give it to them. That was dumb on my part, I know. We need to work together to run these criminal, non-American, cheating, lying sacks of refuge out of business and hopefully my Country. Of course I have put this out to every Veteran organization I know of. I am positive they will assist as well. ;-)

Expert Review

Andrew PoulosTax Relief Contributing Editor

Andrew G. Poulos, EA, ABA, ATP, is principal of Poulos Accounting & Consulting, Inc. in Atlanta, GA where he works with individual and business tax clients and represents clients before the IRS and state labor agencies. A self-made entrepreneur and real estate investor, Andrew is an author, national speaker and nationally syndicated tax software expert.    More about Andrew→

Dartmouth Financial Group is a tax resolution company that specializes in helping clients solve their tax liability issues. Dartmouth professionals work to alleviate the stress and financial impacts of tax debts, ridding clients of the burden.

• Qualifications: Dartmouth Financial Group is accredited by the National Association of Tax Professionals and the National Association of Tax Agents. It also maintains a high rating with the Better Business Bureau and Dun & Bradstreet.
  • Experience: The tax professionals at Dartmouth have over 15 years of experience in the tax industry, and they are familiar with tax laws and IRS procedures, so clients never need to worry.
  • Personalized solutions: Every tax situation is different, so Dartmouth works with each client to develop a personalized plan. It negotiates with the IRS and other tax authorities on the client's behalf to alleviate stress and ensure a quick resolution.
  • Nationwide service: Dartmouth is located in Colorado, but it helps customers all over the country. Tax specialists are available through the contact form on the website or through the telephone.
  • Convenient payments: There are many ways to pay for tax liabilities, and Dartmouth helps customers find the best option for their needs.
  • Best for Individuals with significant tax debt, past-due tax obligations or questions about their tax liabilities.

Question and Answers - Dartmouth Financial

What problem is Dartmouth Financial trying to solve?

At Dartmouth Financial we resolve our client's back tax problems. We offer solutions to tax debt, re-filing returns, audits, liens, garnishments, payroll taxes, accounting and bookkeeping issues. We want a steady stream of positive feedback in our online and media presence, but we also want to capture potential issues that one or more clients experience in order to help ensure future clients can avoid these same experiences. We are always open, evaluating and modifying processes to suit our client’s needs. Client feedback – positive or negative – is the strongest tool we have to point us in the right direction.

What sets your company apart from the competition?

Our senior partners come from corporate-like firms who end up putting both their employee's and client's well-being by the wayside to account for revenue and caseload. After practicing in these firms for 30 combined years, Steve and Terry decided it was time to start their own firm with a different foundation and culture. We believe that happy clients are not only the foundation of a long lasting and ethical tax firm, but also prioritize the wellbeing of our employees to ensure proper attention to our client's case.

What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

By the time your case gets to us, you are probably in a scary place. The IRS/State may be threatening to levy your account, seize your possessions or even perhaps have knocked on your door. It's our duty to protect you from such actions and negotiate on your behalf. We understand that the IRS does not often consider your financial situation fairly and places unattainable demands on paying back your debt. This in turn can leave you in a vicious circle with the IRS; further leaving you in debt. Our team is well seasoned in the tax resolution industry and capable of not only painting a better picture of your financial situation in your revenue officer's eyes, but winning you a fair compromise and settlement - based on what's right for you, not the IRS.

How does Dartmouth Financial measure success?

When we know we've made a difference in the life of our clients. There is no better feedback than knowing our firm has improved the life of another.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?

We would like to stress that every firm has their own company culture. Yes, there are firms out there who may take advantage of their client's vulnerability and situation but that is not the foundation of all firms.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 years to 10 years?

The biggest change we've seen is growth. Our industry experienced it's biggest demand in 2008 with significant expansion in the following years.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Dartmouth Financial?

How much of a family we are. We not only work together but we are a team. We grow every year but it still feels like a small, tight knit family owned firm. Our owners have put both their hearts and soul into this business and it has shined through our clients and our long-term employees.

Has Dartmouth Financial received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Next year we plan to be honored for the Denver BBB Torch award in honor of ethical business practices.

How has Dartmouth Financial grown or evolved?

We've rapidly grown in the last two years thanks to our clients and dedicated employees. We hope to continue to grow and set an example for the industry.

Compare Tax Relief