2. Finance
  3. Debt Settlement

4.3/5 (483 ratings)

About CreditAssociates

Whether you are facing insurmountable debt due to job loss, divorce, sickness, loss of income, or one of many other reasons, CreditAssociates is here to help. As the industry leaders, CreditAssociates works with clients to provide fast and affordable debt relief. Our proprietary electronic debt-settlement software coupled with our team of debt advisors provide the system you need to work towards your custom debt relief solution. We provide free consultations for a wide-range of debt needs including credit card, medical, personal loans and more. Additionally, utilize our mobile app to track your progress 24/7 and instantly your timeline to being debt-free.

Pros

• Apple and Android app
  • 24/7 customer service
  • Free initial consultation

Cons

• Services not available in all states

Bottom Line

CreditAssociates is an innovative debt relief company that works with consumers who have $10,000 or more in unsecured debt. Although you have to pay a portion of the settled debt, 24/7 customer service and the potential for financial freedom may be worth it.

CreditAssociates Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I became overwhelmed with my credit cards and CreditAssociates came on TV so, I called. That’s how I got started. I talked with Christopher initially and he was very patient to help me work through developing confidence to do this and very pleasant to talk to. But I'm a little disappointed because I have not heard a word from them. I've been swamped with calls from the credit card companies and I told them that I have signed with CreditAssociates. But the companies said they have not been contacted and that they have to keep calling me until they get contact. So, I'm a little confused. I thought CreditAssociates would be in touch with me. It took me a long time to develop confidence to do business with them and then just like all the others, once that was said and done, I haven't heard a word from them. Other than that, they were usually very good.

CreditAssociates response

JImmie, I will have a client success manager contact you in order to discuss your personal file. Remember to have patience and persevere. Getting out of debt isn't an event, it's a process.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Our experience with CreditAssociates has been great. It has been a month that I've been with them and Stephanie was able to help me and answered all my questions. She was really helpful. Working with them has better my life and I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

CreditAssociates has better payments than other companies I considered so I went with them. So far, I have made one payment and their rep was helpful and friendly.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

My experience with CreditAssociates has been great. When it initially started, my name was misspelled. They spelled it with a Y and it's a female. We got that straightened out and we signed the papers. I spoke with a lady who has been very helpful. I got an email yesterday and I tried to respond to that but I did not get an answer. Still, it was encouraging. It was something to let me know that they're not letting me fall or letting anything go wrong. Otherwise, the time factor is kinda creeping up on me and I have a great concern for it. It is six months or so before anything is done or letting the people know that they are working with it.

The largest amount that I owed was with Federal Credit Union and I’ve been advised not to speak with them. They are being extremely aggressive and sending me emails every day. The account is overdrawn. CreditAssociates is paying the bills and adding it to the balance on the credit card. I want them to understand what's going on, but if they're in the blind, they don't know. It’s the same with another card now and that credit has been negatively affected. My credit is not the best in the world. This morning I was checking my account and then something was returned due to non-sufficient funds. It happened to be that I didn't do an internal transfer to cover funds. I've just been really shut down and I hope that we can get something worked out.

I feel comfortable with my experience with CreditAssociates and hopefully, they are taking care of my concerns. The time factor is major for me especially since they’re not settling with the company and the company doesn’t know what’s going on. CreditAssociates wait to get the people at a point where they settle for less. The whole idea is taking a piece of the pod instead of trying to go for the entire pod. So, I hope that works out to the best interest of everybody.

It really upset me because I'm confused and do not know what's going on. It is something I don't understand and I have some confusion as to how it was being paid and what was going where and what I'm really responsible for. I'm not clear if in each monthly payment, a portion goes to the company and then the people who are collecting. Right now, the money in my bank is very tight. It's automatic debit and I have to have it in there before it goes through. So, that's extremely helpful to know that in advance.

CreditAssociates should improve on their communication and keeping me in the loop. I tried to call the other day and I couldn't get through. My phone has been acting up and it could be on my end. I don't know if they attempted to call me back but to know that somebody is there and keeping me in mind is very important and helpful. I got an email from them which said that they were continuously working with me, so that was encouraging.

CreditAssociates response

Toni, I would like to clarify that we only contact your creditors when the timing is right for a settlement proposal and in order to do so, we must have sufficient funds available. I assure you that we have years of experience and know when the best time is to negotiate with your creditors. Please remember that you must have patience and persevere through this type of a program. Getting out of debt is a process, not an immediate event.

I apologize for you attempting to contact us without success. I will have a Client Success Manager reach out to you in order to discuss your program and timing of your settlements.

Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I have not made my first payment yet. And I am getting a lot of harassing phone calls right now. When I have been in the program for a while longer I can make a better judgement on the program. Frustrated with all the harassing calls.

CreditAssociates response

David, We know that the creditor calls can be frustrating at times. Please remember that this is part of the settlement process and means that the program is working. This is a small sacrifice in order to become debt free in a few short years!

Original review: July 28, 2018

I couldn't ask for any better plan than the three-year plan I was set up with CreditAssociates. I was in a little bit too much debt and I was very surprised how fast the plan is to help me get out of it. Their associate got it done really fast and she told me the amount I paid. Working with CreditAssociates has been really helpful and I can't wait to pay my debt off.

Original review: July 24, 2018

When there was an increase in my credit card interest, I called CreditAssociates and there were two people that I worked with. They were both really helpful and they took care of everything. The money will start coming out of my check next week and the week after, and hopefully, it'd be resolved from there. My experience with CreditAssociates is good and I'm very satisfied with them at this point.

Original review: July 23, 2018

The sign-up process with CreditAssociates went smoothly. I was told what the payment plan would be and I went with that. I talked to 2 different reps and both of them were nice and helpful.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I used CreditAssociates' debt settlement service a few years ago and it worked for me so I went with them again. This time, the reps were very helpful and answered a lot of our questions. They also helped me make the decision on whether to do the debt settlement program or file for bankruptcy. I didn’t wanna file for bankruptcy and I started with the program. I've been working with a very knowledgeable and helpful debt consultant.

CreditAssociates Company Information