Best Credit Repair in Portland, OR
Credit repair services come in handy if you want to fix your credit score in a relatively short time. It's possible to repair your credit score without help, but many people in Portland find it tedious and complicated to navigate through reports and contact creditors. Hiring a credit repair company saves time and effort.
Top 9 Portland Credit Repair Companies
|Credit Saint||Read 46 Reviews|
A credit restoration company. Changes to credit history are often seen in 45 days. A 90-day money-back guarantee includes a personal advisor and online system to track progress. Monthly fees range from $60-100.
|toll freenumber(844) 598-8459 Visit Website|
|Sky Blue Credit Repair||Read 76 Reviews|
Sky Blue Credit Repair professionals do not work on commission and focus only on helping clients reach goals. Since 1989, the company has helped millions of consumers erase erroneous credit report items and raise credit scores.
|toll freenumber(844) 729-7792 Visit Website|
|Lexington Law||Read 1,503 Reviews|
Free personalized credit consultation and three service levels offered that range from $89.95-$129.95/month. One-time first-use fee charged 5-15 days after sign-up. Service is month-to-month and can be cancelled anytime.
|toll freenumber(855) 464-9621 Visit Website|
|CreditRepair.com||Read 25 Reviews|
Credit Repair services are unique because they go beyond one-time credit repair by helping clients develop a long-term healthy relationship with credit. Certified FICO professionals empower people for long-term financial success.
|toll freenumber(844) 211-7298 Visit Website|
|The Credit Pros||Read 33 Reviews|
The Credit Pros began in 2009 when an attorney and a business man banded together to fight the Big 3 credit bureaus to help change consumer lives. Clients can enjoy better lifestyles as a result of the accurate credit reports.
|toll freenumber(844) 335-5496 Visit Website|
|Consumer Credit Auditors||Read Expert Review|
Offers credit rescue plans for $150. Basic services start at $69 per month. Provides free consultations.
|CRE Credit Repair Services of Portland||Read Expert Review|
Provides free consultation with credit education. Specializes in removing or correcting late payments, tax liens, bankruptcies and repossessions.
|Credit Team||Read Expert Review|
Develops individualized plans for a $49 fee. Educates clients on how to understand and improve creditworthiness and achieve a better credit score.
|Guardian Credit Repair||Read Expert Review|
Provides individualized plans to help rebuild credit profiles. Clients can track the process 24/7.
What to know about credit repair services in Portland
When comparing credit repair companies in Portland, consider the types of services each one offers. All credit repair agencies dispute incorrect entries in your credit report, but some also provide services for credit monitoring, debt negotiation and financial counseling for a fee.
The state of Oregon defers to the Federal Credit Repair Organization Act (CROA) to regulate credit repair companies. The law was put in place to protect consumers from credit repair companies that use dishonest business practices. It states that:
- Credit repair companies can’t misrepresent their services
- Credit repair agents must provide a written contract
- Clients have three days to cancel their contract
- Credit repair companies can’t charge clients before rendering services
Consumers can bring legal action for a full refund plus damages if a credit repair organization violates the CROA. The most important thing the CROA does is make it illegal for credit repair organizations to make false claims. The law is enforced by the Federal Trade Commission, which has the authority to shut down any credit repair company that violates these regulations.
Portland credit repair FAQ
- Is credit repair legal in Oregon?
- Yes, credit repair is legal in Oregon.
- How much does credit repair cost in Portland?
- The cost of credit repair services in Portland is typically between $50 and $100 per month.
- Who regulates credit repair companies in Oregon?
- Credit repair companies in Oregon are regulated by the Federal Credit Repair Organization Act (CROA), which sets guidelines that credit repair companies must follow.
- How can you tell if a credit repair company is a scam in Portland?
- In Portland, credit repair scammers often pressure their potential clients into paying large upfront fees. Any company that guarantees easy and quick credit repair should raise a red flag. Don’t fall for promises to remove negative information from your account if it’s accurate or to create a new “identity” that includes new social security or federal employer identification numbers. Remember that credit repair companies can only remove inaccurate or unfair information from your credit history.
Portland credit repair company information
Consumer Credit Authority offers a $150 credit rescue plan, basic monthly services at $69 per month and advanced semimonthly services at $167 per month. The company provides free consultations and helps remove negative items from customers’ credit scores.
- Service areas: Portland metro area
- Address: 13500 SW Pacific Highway, Ste. 58-435, Tigard, Oregon 97223
- Phone: (727) 487-2999
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5:30pm
- Website: consumercreditauditors.com
Credit Team provides credit consultation and helps develop an individualized plan for each client for a $49 fee. The company doesn’t charge upfront fees and only requires payment after services are performed.
- Service areas: Portland
- Address: 61535 S. Highway 97, Ste. 5-754, Bend, OR 97702
- Phone: (541) 791-1155
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: creditteamrepair.com/portland-credit-repair
CRE Credit Services offers free consultations with credit education. CRE specializes in removing or correcting late payments, tax liens, bankruptcies and repossessions.
- Service areas: Portland and surrounding areas
- Address: 121 SW Salmon St., 11th floor, Portland, OR 97204
- Phone: (888) 799-7267
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 7pm
- Website: crecreditservices.com/portland-or-credit-repair
Guardian Credit Repair helps customers fix their credit scores through three steps: credit analysis, creating an individualized plan and removing inaccuracies. The program is accessible 24/7 to help customers track all of the updates.
- Service areas: Serves Portland residents
- Address: Tualatin, Oregon 97062
- Phone: (727) 487-2999
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 9pm
- Website: guardiancreditrepair.com