2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.31/5

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Credit Central Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Central?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Central?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2016

I am writing this review because I have recently experienced some personal issues which lead me to take out a loan with Credit Central. Just before my first payment was due I was unable to get a timely payment into the office. I contacted the manager and he went over my situation with me in a non pressuring manner which was gratefully appreciated. I find this company to be willing to work with me and have done so with professional integrity. All I can say is that by keeping the line of communication open and being straightforward and honest with the manager I have experienced no problems.

They did not force me to make a loan, it was my choice and so is my responsibility to keep them abreast of my situation which I have done and received excellent customer service. I would do business with this company again once I resolve the current loan situation. I am thankful that Credit Central is there when I need them and they don't hassle me. To have discovered this company before now would have been better for me in looking back because other companies I have done business with have not measured up to my expectations, but Credit Central has done so. Thank you very much.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2016

The staff in Greenwood SC are deceiving. I have dealt with this place a couple years, I have been behind on my payment but I gave them 194 by check on New Year's Eve when an associate came to my house. Today I came home and had a letter stating I was difficult to deal with... They call every friend and relative they know of if I don't make it the day I usually come, they don't realize people have a life outside of their loan company?? They also throw business cards in the yard and on my porch, these people are ridiculous and quite childish. There are better companies in town for a loan, I will never deal with this company again. They exhibit very unprofessional behavior. How can paying them ten days ago be difficult and to the point that they send someone to my home to leave a letter... One answer, deceiving, unprofessional and rude company. I advise everyone to not deal with these people at all.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2016

The staff here are a joke, completely unprofessional and rude. I witnessed staff talking down to other customers. Don't try going to another branch. The staff at the one on Schaad Road are worse. When I began asking questions regarding the paperwork I was being asked to sign on a loan that was less than ten days late, the manager became short, frustrated, and untactful. Please consider meeting your financial needs elsewhere. I have received better service at Walmart and McDonald's. My child has more manners than these people.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2016

Just know that I will never do business with this unprofessional company again, EVER. They have come to my home on many uncalled for occasions while I was experiencing hard times. I tried to explain to give them collateral but they wanted their money.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2015

Credit Central staff in Greenville SC is very rude. I tried to pay off my loan and they got mad. I recommend no one to deal with this company. I would rather do without than to go to this company for a loan. I will never do business with them again.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2015

I've been out of work since 10/22/15 due to surgery. They have called me every day since my payment came due. I ask them if I had disability insurance and they informed me that I did so I ask them to mail me the papers on 10/27/15 except I didn't get them, so they said they'd mail them again. I got them finally on I think 11/26/15 or 11/28/15. I got them filled out by my employer & the doctor & my portion. I take them to them to file on 12/3/15. She informed me that it would be denied because the doctor's office checked (no) on the form that I was not totally disabled. She didn't even file it. She followed me out the door after a fussing match inside once I told her not to call me again until this was handled.

At that point she handed the papers back to me! I called the doctor's office and explained the situation and they told me they could not check no on the form because that was saying that I was totally disabled and social security would get involved at that point! She said they should have filed it and let the insurance company decide that and go from there! I wish I had never done business with them at all but once I'm back on my feet I will somehow get them paid off and never do business with them again!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2015

I have had a loan with this company off and on for about 4 or 5 years. The past loans were great and I was very seldom behind on payments. This current loan that I have with them, which was established in March 2014, I had some tough times toward the middle of this year, 2015. Yesterday, 11/28/15, I had the Manager and the Assistant Manager at my HOUSE asking for payment. Before that, they kept calling my work and my cell phone asking for payment.

As we all know, times are hard and at this point I was almost two months past due. Tried to explain the situation to them, but they wouldn't listen. I'm not very comfortable with them coming to my house unannounced and the manager acted like he was trying to flex on me if he didn't received payment at my doorstep. After I pay them off, I WILL NEVER TAKE OUT ANOTHER LOAN WITH THEM AGAIN!!! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! Columbia, SC Store, Two Notch Road!!! Also, I feel like my rights and fair act rights have also been violated.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

Credit Central, LLC of Greenville, SC located on Laurens Rd is awful. The Office Manager came to my home to state that he was going to have me locked up for a bad check. I don't have a checkbook nor have written one to this company. I submitted a complaint to ConsumerAffairs about this; they lied to say, "No, that's not what happened." I pay them off, they submitted incorrect information to the credit bureau; so I again issued a complaint. Please contact me so we can move forward with a group legal action if the above happened to you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2015

These people are absolutely horrible. Once my loan is paid, I would never nor recommend anyone doing business with them... If you are a day late, they begin calling you repeatedly but not only do they do that, but they actually COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND LEAVE NOTICES ON YOUR DOOR!!! They came to my house several times. The later you are, the more fees they add. This is UNACCEPTABLE.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

I took out a loan with this company just to try to build my credit back to its original standing, after going through a bad divorce in 2005. I was forced into bankruptcy by my ex that literally ruined my credit. So I like to be very punctual when it comes to paying my bills on time. But for some odd reason I can't get online to pay my bill; it's very aggravating and completely unprofessional that I can't pay my loan without going through tons of red tape. Even after all of this the problem is not resolved. Very disappointing. Not likely to deal with this company again once my loan is paid in full. I use online payment for all my bills because I work nights - 10 hour shifts. Please fix this problem.

Original review: June 10, 2015

I have Had a loan with Credit Central of Murfreesboro Tn in 2012. I had Awesome service with them. Even when I was late they have worked with me and had great Customer Service and before we relocated to SC we paid them off. Reopened in Newberry Sc 2014. I must say ** at the location is Awesome and has patience. She gives great customer service. She will call but she understands and she doesn't harass. We went thru some hard times 2014 and we paid late some months. They have worked with us but it was stressful and we paid late due to my husband losing his job last year. But we will pay them off in July and be done. I won't ever open up another loan with this Company ever again.

I called the District Manager ** to complain. He didn't Acknowledge my complaints. He is very rude nasty and it was about that money and me being late. Why is he a district manager and he can't even handle complaints? That is part of his job. He gives Credit Central a bad name!!!! He is very IGNORANT... I have never been with a loan company that will come to your house 3 times a week. When you talk to them at your house they don't know when to leave. Even after you communicate with them they still Harass you. All because their Boss wants his Bonus check every week. Really!!!

Don't make a mistake and pay them a few dollars short. You will get harass for five dollars oh and I do have a credit for 2 dollars. Thanks ** for not even wanting to listen to my complaints. I had to write a review because of you not handling your JOB!!! ** the supervisor of Newberry Sc has better CLASS than you!!! Y'all just want a good fight with y'all Customers. So sad. My Husband has exp in working as a Credit finance Manager. He knows the System and he also knows about Great Customer Service. ** he would Gladly give you some lessons!

Original review: May 29, 2015

Very upset with this company. Took out a small loan for school expenses, starting making my payments regularly - monthly. Then I was transferring jobs & was late on my payment & the lady who did my paperwork went on a rant. Yelling & screaming - even while doing my paperwork - talking about how much money she made, very hateful attitude. She's now been harassing myself and my boyfriend. Also the branch manager is calling being very hateful! This is outrageous, you don't treat people this way!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2015

I filed my taxes with this company for the first time and was given one quote on my fees. When they came back, it was about $150 dollars more. I spoke with them and agreed to reimburse the preparation fee. I was told to come back the next day. It's been a week. Now they say they have to mail it. I will never do business with this company ever again. I will be sharing my experience with my social media friends to let them know how shady this company is.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2015

I have had a loan with Credit Central in Greenville, SC at the Laurens Rd. store. The employees there are very rude and lord forbid you get behind in your payment, they will call you and tell you that you HAVE to come into the office to speak to the manager. So when you get there, they act all nice until you make your payment then RICKY the ass. manager will yell at you at the top of his lungs and make your business known to all in the store and in front of your children. He don't care and when you stop by the manager's desk - STAN, he just laughs about it. I called corp. Got the situation handled but I promise you one thing, they won't talk or treat me like that again. EVER!!! TRIED TO TURN IT AROUND ON ME BUT IT'S COOL. I WOULD THINK RECOMMEND THIS LOAN CO. TO MY WORST ENEMY.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2015

I visited the Credit Central in Leeds with a friend that was approved for a loan. I just loved the atmosphere! Very friendly staff, the manager was awesome - very professional - but made sure she took her time and explain everything to me. Will most definitely some them some more customers - best customers service we have had in a while! They are on top of the list!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2014

Tuscaloosa, AL Store - Both my husband and I have used Credit Central before and paid off loans. This last time my husband got a loan, he went in for a payment (a few days late) and the store manager went on a rant (in front of other customers) about how he made time to come get the loan - that he should've made time to come pay it. She continue to disrespect him by saying, "I make more money than you, and you are a teacher." Luckily, it was my husband that dealt with this lady because he is more mild manner than I am. She (the manager) hasn't dealt with the right person yet. No one should deal with this sort of embarrassment when making any type of payments.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2014

I'm a customer with Credit Central at the Summerville, SC location. What was great about them was that the other lending companies were incredibly rude, including one I have previously borrowed from without incident. They're fast and the employees are amazing multitaskers. I have not received harassing phone calls nor visits to my home. Overall, it's a really decent customer experience. A lot of the other complaints I see are negative, so I thought I'd give a shout out to a good branch.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2014

I have been a customer for over a year now. I have never been more than a few days late on my payments. My due date this time came up on Sunday. It is now Monday, and I am sitting at work waiting for 5:00 to get here, because I will immediately be leaving work and driving to the airport for my flight out for Thanksgiving week. Credit Central called a little while ago, and insisted that I come in to the location and talk with a manager today! I told them I simply could not because I was going out of town, and that I would be in to pay them next Monday when I return. Lacey, the employee, then said "So you are refusing to come in." I said "No. I'm not refusing, I'm just not able to come in due to time constraints," and she said "I will put down that you are refusing to come in". I asked who her manager was, and she hung up. Another complaint I have about this location is if I don't pick up my phone the day they call, THE VERY NEXT DAY, THEY BEGIN CALLING MY CONTACTS!! When I get this loan paid off, I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2014

Took out loans with Credit Central, started out very good experience. Ran into some difficulties paying recently, tried to get payoff amount for a consolidation loan to get the situation resolved. I was told by the manager he wasn't allowed to give me that information and he said "nice knowing you" and hung up on me. Now he won't return my phone calls to resolve the situation. This is Credit Central, Greenwood SC. Would not recommended them to my friends! Last visit to my house, they threw trash in my driveway as they were leaving. I have photos on my phone.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2014

I went into the office in Muscle Shoals, Alabama to make my payment on time with cash. I was $1.18 short. The person who took my payment was relatively casual about the situation. I assumed that all I would need to do would be add $1.18 to my next payment - instead, I was charged an $18.00 late fee and told that I was told that all late payments had late fees.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2014

I'm currently paying on a loan from this company and it's the office in Leeds Alabama. I can be pretty forgetful of the date that my loan is supposed to be paid on. They don't do reminder letters or phone calls until it's a day late. They get paid - never am I more than a week late. A referral I sent them is way behind and they can't get in contact with him and neither can I so they constantly harass me on my up to date account and his. I mean they call my cell and then call my job over and over and my account is current. I feel like I should stop paying just to justify them calling but that would ruin my credit that I’m building. I’ve talked to Matt who is the office manager and he said he does what he needs to do - it’s his livelihood. I'm so irritated. I would not recommend them again nor will I ever get another loan from them. They act like loan sharks.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2014

My fiancee made his payment @ Credit Central in Chesnee 4:10 10/12/2014. He put the money in envelope and put it under door. Well the lady who opened stole his money. It’s so hard to believe that they don't have cameras inside the office. I'm going around to the stores to see if they have any cameras to prove that he was there yesterday to make that payment. We will not make another payment until something is resolved or that lady gets a lie detectors test.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2014

I had a loan with them twice. The first loan I had was great. Had a great manager name Tom. Pay them off. I needed some more money and I went back and Tom was no longer there, he quit, so this new manager Rashida was there. I got the loan ok but they sent me a check in the mail and I call them to see if it was ok. They said yes so I put in my bank account and nothing was said. I make my payments on time. They call me about coming and renew and get extra money and miss my payment for October and not pay until November. This makes twice they done that. I call before I went. They said they would be ready for me. I drove all the way over and they were not ready. I had to sit there for a while then they told me I couldn’t do it and the manager Rashida got in my face and told me it was a mistake that check I got in the mail and told me I was not getting what I wanted that day. Once I get them paid off I will never borrow from them again.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2014

The manager at the Fort Payne office is rude and abuses her position. I have wasted like 5 hours in there. Good credit, good job, have no problem with any other companies. Don't use them.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2014

I am dealing with credit central in easily SC. My husband got hurt and was out of work and we missed a couple of payments. Soon after I missed the first one, they started harassing us and our family. We tried to trade the car in that the loan is for, they will not take the check from the dealers leaving us stuck with it. The people are very very mean, rude and have no respect for anyone. I will never do business with them again and will never tell anyone to go there for a loan. Thinking seriously about just taking the car there and leaving it.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2014

I previously worked for this company. I was constantly told that I was going to be a manager as soon as I learned their policies. I was an assistant manager and had to go out in the field to contact customers that we couldn't get on the phone. One day I was on my way out to a customer's house, when I was ran off the road and hit a telephone pole head on. Totaling my car. 5 weeks later, I was fired!! They didn't give me a reason at the time. But when I got the separation notice, it read that I had poor work performance. I had never been told I was doing a poor job, nor was I ever wrote up. Once I had a worker's comp claim, they got rid of me. Now I have to prove that they fired me for the wrong reasons. Ridiculous!!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2014

I have been receiving calls from Credit Central. The funny thing is I have never ever heard of this place or ever had an account with them! Yesterday, Aug 5, a guy named Scott called my work 3 times! I kept telling him I have no account and to leave me alone! The third call he actually asked for MY MANAGER! Before the manager could take the call, he hung up. Then he has the gall to actually show up at my work! I told him I have no account with them. He wanted my ID and was saying He has a record of a Lisa In the deli. So he finally leaves. What’s real good is a few days before I called Credit Central and told them I keep getting calls at work and I have never had an account with them and they actually agreed with me saying I have no account. Then they still harass me! I have contacted an attorney and plan to sue!!!

Original review: July 30, 2014

I owe payment for this month. I went to hospital, had heart monitor. Amy call me 7/29/14 and said she tired of my excuse and when my credit go bad, she going to laugh. I told her she just a white ** behind a desk and she trying to harass me. Amy at Credit Central. In Greenwood, SC.

Original review: July 1, 2014

This loan company is one of the worst in terms of customer service. The other loan companies' personnel that I've dealt with have been very professional. This one doesn't have a clue what customer service is. I am only 2 days late with my payment because I had to work and they call and I remind them on the contract that after 5 days, it's a late charge according to the contract. The guy's response is there is no grace period and that is not on the contract. So to me, it seems like they are breaching their own contract. Hope to pay them off very soon and get these knuckleheads out of my hair and never do business with Credit Central ever again.

Original review: June 26, 2014

In regards to what you exp I would go back in and pay off that account ASAP. I had a bad exp with this place as well and I paid off both my accts recently. Pay in cash because they will try and tell you we can't finalize your acct until your check or money order is clear in 15 days. They will try and keep you there because it makes them Look bad that you paid the acct off. Don't listen to their BS about how loyal you been to them etc. Pay it off and never look back at this place and as a matter fact run. Get all the documentations you can that day and hold on to them. Gerald ain't no manager, he is nobody to me. Heck, I'll go with you cause they don't scare me. This place changes stories all the time regarding their policies. Please ditch them ASAP.

Credit Central Company Information