CNO Financial Group Life Insurance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About CNO Financial Group Life Insurance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

CNO Financial Group Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CNO Financial Group Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CNO Financial Group ?

Original review: June 1, 2016

My husband and I paid into Conseco Life Insurance for about 25 years. My husband died on March 31st. When contacting the company, no two representatives gave the same answer. It took almost 2 months to receive the death claim. I was a co-owner of the policy but Conseco would not let me keep my policy. Offered me another policy with a monthly cost of almost $600. I would suggest strongly not to do business with this company.

Original review: May 11, 2016

My father passed away in 9-2015. We filed all the paperwork and still have not received a claim as of yet. Each time we call we get a different person. I am tired of the games and have called 32 times in the last 2 weeks with still no answer. Now I know why 60 Minutes did a report that life insurance companies hold onto the money. Thieves.

Original review: April 6, 2016

I closed out a bank account in 2015 but forgot to notify CONSECO (the only bill that was automatically direct from my account by force). I pay all of my other bills online myself... Don't like automatic payments. Well I was going to keep the policy was told I couldn't make an online payment. Was told they accept checks or money orders mailed to them (who writes checks for bills nowadays). So I decided to do a full surrender on my policy seeing as I couldn't do bill pay online.

Faxed information on 3/11/16. I've called at least 10 times and I can't seem to get the same answer about when the check will be mailed, but I can get the answer when I just ask for status. They all say is it's being reviewed. Does it really take that long to see the customer doesn't WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOUR COMPANY and just surrender the payment. They won't send me that checkout but they keep sending me bills after I've faxed over a full surrender, meaning I don't want to have Conseco as my insurance provider!!!

Original review: March 21, 2016

Conseco Life told me they move my Life policy to Alliance life. Nobody contact me to know the renewals. I left a message at Conseco but never had any news. What can I do so I don't lose my Life policy. My name is Luis ** and is an International policy. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2016

I have had no callbacks concerning Payments that I have been making to pay back my loan since 2011 to Conseco Life Insurance to my Annuity. Took a loan for $12.000 payed back close to $10.000 and was told to stop making payments since the numbers didn't match. They are telling me I owe more money than the actual loan. This is going on since July with no solution on their part - not even a phone call. Conseco keeps you on hold for 45 min and more to tell you that the supervisor is not available. They are working on it! There are 121 complaints and more from clients. Is this Co fraud? What should the government to protect people? Please help me as to what needs to be done. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2016

My bills have not been coming on time and then I get all of them at once and some of them are not even postmarked. I feel very strongly that whoever is involved with the mailings should be getting them out all time on time. I realize the post office has a lot to do but I would feel better if a person would call to check to make sure that you receive your bill. I now had the dec one come in, feb and then two weeks after that the march one comes. I allot money for my bills and do not have a lot coming in. Please note this and see that it is taken care of. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2015

Customer service manager are rude and cannot give right information that I need. They need to be trained and more educated in the product they are selling. Customer service manager are suppose to be customer oriented than being just stick on the company's rule. I am so very disappointed dealing with this kind of people. They only know to sell and collect money but cannot give a heart to understand people. Pls. do not buy any policy in this company, you will regret it later why you invest so much money for this company.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2015

My husband and I purchased a 50,000 insurance policy for his mother and mine with Conseco in 1991. After investing 20,000, we were informed that the policy would be cancelled if we did not send them a check for $800.00. We have never missed a payment. I am in the process of filing a lawsuit against Conseco. I do not understand how they are getting away with this. Someone out there needs to help us.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

Since August 1993, I have life insurance policy. The company, until 2014, send me annual statement report. This year, nothing was send and was impossible to contact the insurance company I call (tel. 1-844-877-6907) was busy. Send two letters (September 21 and in November 2) without answer. I need to know now -- policy status, annual statement and accumulated value.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2015

Conseco sold my policies that I have had for over 28 years to Alliance One and the problems started, they did not bill and then double billed with wrong name. I sent in paperwork to surrender one of the policies Sept 21, 2015 and have been given every excuse, not on system due to slow conversion, actuaries calculation cash value now for 2 months, it's been escalated, it will take 2 weeks, then it will take 6 weeks, and then oh other people have been waiter longer. I paid policies as agreed. I would like to know the cash value and get my money to use for medical purposes ASAP. It took 6 faxes for them to acknowledge receipt of the surrender forms. If they cannot handle the Conseco portfolio the purchase should have not been approved by the Regulators. What if I had died and family wanted the money to bury me... UNACCEPTABLE.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2015

I have two life policies with Conseco I have been paying for since 1999. I had no idea they had filed Bankruptcy. How do I get my premiums back since no claim has ever been filed. How do I find out further information for Conseco Life?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

I have had Conseco life Insurance been 18 years old. Builds some value over time. But cannot add to the current policy. I will need to buy another policy because I have lost my job and that Insurance was only Term Insurance and end when I left my last job.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

They are very helpful. They do not hover. They are able to answer all my questions and they do not make me feel stupid no matter how many questions I might have.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

This insurance company is very affordable. My husband and I have been with Conseco for more than 25 years and have had no problems. We increased our policy when we decided to have our son 18 years ago.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2015

I have had a Universal Life Insurance policy with Conseco for over 22 years. In June of this year I cancelled the policy as I took out a term policy with another company. In early June I received a letter giving me the breakdown of my policy; hence the Cash Value. In July I still did not receive my Cash Value and called them I was told there was an error and I needed to resubmit my forms - I faxed the forms over that day.

Two weeks later I called back and was told I need to deal with Alliance One as they bought out Conseco. I called the new number and they had no information about my cancellation of the policy. I resubmitted the paperwork. Since July I have faxed them 4 times, called them 6 times and sent 5 notices to them. I keep getting the same response that they are computing my Cash Values. Two weeks ago I was told they would expedite my case. Today I called again and was on the phone for 45 minutes - I requested to speak to someone in charge and they kept giving me the run around.

Finally, I spoke to a man (Thomas) from Nashville he apologized and said this was unacceptable and he would expedite it with his Manager. He also indicated someone would contact me - I have heard this before!!! I asked him for his direct number so I could follow up and his reply "I don't have a direct number but if you need to call me they will know where to find me". I told Thomas that I was going to file a complaint with the Insurance Commissioner to which he said that is my choice but it will slow down the process as they will put a freeze on the account. This is so disgusting - I have never missed a premium payment nor was any of my payments late. I would do business with any Conseco or Alliance One Insurance company ever again.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2015

I got a letter from our life insurance company (Conseco) informing us that they hired a third party administrator company out of two different states, the way I see it. The customer service mailing address is in Nashville, TN and premium payment mailing address is in Atlanta, GA, both P.O. boxes. I noticed that our July 17, 2015 premium that has always been set up as an electronic draft from our bank account had not been claimed for that month, so I started calling and this is what I got for explanations: "Well, your account is not in our system as of yet." Well, according to Conseco it was to be entered and ready to go as of July 6, 2015.

I called several times, sometimes twice a week. Ok, I finally got a letter telling me that come August 2015 that our EFT were going to be done on time, which in my book meant August 17, 2015, but they were never taken out. And how I was to mail in our July 2015 premiums, which I did. I called this third party administrator on August 21, 2015 to ask what is going on and how come this is taking so long, and how if they do not react quickly we will lose our insurance policies that we have been paying on since 2003, never missing a payment. And according the recent letter, if we did not submit our July 17, 2015 premium payment that our policy will go into lapse mode, and not due to our fault either.

I did file a complaint with the Texas Department of Insurance about them and of this and they sent me a letter telling me they will follow through with an investigation. I am just sick with worry over this entire mess, thanks to Conseco, and when I did call them I was told they could no longer Alliance-One and not the collection agency either. I cannot find any information on this company and even addressed it to the person I did speak with. I do not have a good feeling and I feel we are about to lose our life insurance over this entire mess. I was supposed to receive a call back from the supervisor at Alliance-One on August 21, 2015. Well, today is Tuesday, August 25, 2015 and the time is now 7:21 PM -- no call back. I do not know what else to do.

Original review: July 27, 2015

My policy was transferred to a third-party firm. Tried to call them and was on hold for over 30 minutes with no end in sight. Will cancel my policy as soon as I can make other arrangements. Stated in simple terms - their service IS ABYSMAL. And that is being charitable.

Original review: March 22, 2015

I am tired of dealing with Conseco. I have received myriad letters with conflicting information and had conversations with their customer service reps. I would never again buy anything from Conseco or its affiliated companies. Their increasing costs deflated the reserves in my life insurance policy while my premiums continue to rise.

Original review: July 18, 2014

Purchased a WL policy, in 1995 at age 60, paid 40 per month until 2002, then agent mislead policy holder, failed to disclose that insurer had filed for bankruptcy, converted to UL, AFPLI, on 7/8/2003 transferred $800.00 from old policy, WL, guaranteed 3 percent. Insurer allegedly acted in bad faith by increasing the premium to short the account by double the guaranteed percentage. Failed to notify policyholder of deductions in excess of agreed band draft, may have violated some other provisions of AT doctrine.

Currently more than 300 percent increase in premiums, insured is 77. This presents the insured with an undue financial burden with the consequences being that the insured would be left without insurance after paying this company since 1995. We feel that it is time for a class action lawsuit. We are interested in joining any said litigations and/or actions on behalf of other similarly situated insureds, policy holders or other interested parties. It is improper to deprive long term policy holders the value of the contract which they entered into with good faith fully expecting to be covered during the policy and to the maturity of the policy. I am her son. My opinions are my own.

Original review: March 19, 2012

My father died almost a year ago of prostate cancer. My mother had added my father on her cancer policy in June of 2007. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer in Jan 2008. He had a doctor visit in November 2007 and seemed to be okay. He had another check up in January 2008 and further testing through the V.A. that led to the cancer diagnosis. My mother filed for a claim following the diagnosis of prostate cancer treatment and thus began the hell they have put her through. I understand the need for forms and investigations to validate claims; however, my mother sent completed doctor forms after itemized bills after doctor forms without success. My father is now dead and gone and still, the Conseco company has only paid $1000 to date for the policy. She is still paying the premiums due to fear that a cancelled policy would negate all the effort she has tried to get them to honor the policy.

I have read that Conseco has filed for Chapter 11 and was bought out by another company. My mother continues to patiently await to see if anyone (2 lawyers) can assist her to see if she has any chance of getting this company to honor the policy. She was originally told by one lawyer that it wasn't worth the effort to pursue. Then the same lawyer found out about a lawsuit in which someone was allegedly paid big money. The family lawyer decided to "take another look at her situation" with another lawyer's help. Meanwhile, she still pays the increasing premiums. Wow! No wonder the health care system is screwed up in this country!

Original review: March 16, 2012

My dad had insurance with Conseco for years with cancer insurance. He died about a month ago. Part of the cause was lung cancer. Conseco refuses to honor that saying it doesn't count as his cause of death. Fine, whatever! But they refuse to issue us the refund they readily admit they owe us. My dad didn't have an estate. There wasn't any reason to have one. They won't issue the refund unless we either set up an estate or go to court, spend a lot of money, to say that there's not enough to have an estate. This is totally a fraud all the way around.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2012

My husband and I have been paying on a life insurance policy with a spouse/child rider for years. The premiums were not suppose to change and the policy also had a built in cash program. We were told that this whole life insurance policy would also build additional cash for us. Of course, we believed everything we were told. The premiums were taken out of our checking account monthly.

Today, I received a letter stating our policy is in a "grace notice" and we have to pay $481.83 by April 16, 2012, plus whatever our new premiums will be or our life insurance will lapse. When I called the company, I was told by Elaina, that the $65.75 we have been paying a month is for the premiums but we have to pay $189.59 a month additional for a life insurance expense charge . We were also told the cash value of the policy has been depleted! How can a consumer be protected from such fraud? The consequences are: "Pay or you have no insurance!"

Original review: Dec. 7, 2011

My father had a life insurance policy with Conseco for $50,000. I was his caretaker but was sick and in and out of hospitals for four months last year. He has contributed $45,000 to this policy. It lapsed while I was in the hospital. My father passed away October 28, 2011. I have requested his policy, sent a check for $35 and certified mail. I have not received a copy of his policy. They are refusing to pay and it looks like they are going to get away with it.

The consequence to me is that Conseco has ripped off my inheritance. I am the sole beneficiary. The consequence to my father is that his Conseco premium was taken out of his checking account automatically each month. He paid $45,000 into his life insurance policy and he has lost it all. None of it mattered.

There are seemingly no consequences for Conseco. They just ripped my dad off and me off for $50,000.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2011

They are nothing but a scam! I'm writing on behalf of my 71-year old father-in-law. My mother-in-law passed away last November to cancer. It has been almost 10 months and Conseco keeps promising to pay the claims but then keeps sending letters to my father-in-law that they don't have information. My father-in-law has done all of the running to get invoices from three of the hospitals that were involved. I have faxed them, emailed them, mailed them and they still "claim" that they don't have all the information!

Now, Conseco has mailed a letter to my father-in-law that they got a word that he was dead! Yes, this is just another scam for them not to pay what they owe! They would claim that he's dead even if he is still alive! They also keep debiting his checking account for monthly payments! I'm fed up and very upset with this company!

Original review: July 16, 2003

We received a $12,000 insurance settlement from a hail storm on our property. I called Conseco and told them about it, I asked them what I needed to do to have the money applied to the principal balance of the mortgage. I was told to send the endorsed check with a signed letter requesting this to be done. I did that in April, here it is July, and they still do not have my money applied to the principal. I am trying to refinance the mortgage, but my banker cannot do it until this money is applied to my principal.

The impact has not really been on me and my family as of yet. I stopped making payments until they get it fixed. We can argue over it in court if we need to. We are waiting on this in order to refinance the existing debt and purchase another home.

Jim should not stop making payments on the loan. Making an advance principal payment does not release him from his obligation to make monthly payments. He would be better off demanding that Conseco refund the prepayment.

Original review: July 10, 2003

My mobile home is financed with Conseco. On October 3, 2002, my mobile home was damaged due to hurricane Lili. My insurance came out and paid for the damages. I had to send the insurance check to Conseco. Conseco holds the money and as I get estimates to fix the home, I send them to Conseco. Conseco then sends me half of the estimated amount.

My complaint is I sent in the estimate to fix my roof, I was sent half of the amount up front. After the roof was fixed with a white metal roof, I sent pictures and the invoice of the total price charged. The roof was fixed on April 4, 2003. The old roof was a black shingled roof. I sent pictures to Conseco and they sent a letter back saying that the pictures were not good enough because they could not tell if the roof had been changed.

Like I said we went from a black roof to a white roof. Someone is not doing their job because all the paperwork stated that the old roof was shingled and the new one was white metal. Also, the insurance paid to have the mobile home leveled. I paid cash to have it leveled. Conseco told me to send the receipt that was paid in full and they would reimburse me. I received a letter from Conseco stating that they need to contact M & M Movers to make sure that I paid them in full. Isn't that what a receipt is for? It just has been one thing after another with Conseco.

CNO Financial Group Life Insurance Company Information