1.15/5

Auto Warranty Expired?

Federal Credit Union

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

33 Coastal Credit Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 19, 2002

In March of 2001, I wanted some information on my son's account at the above referenced bank. At that time I was told that the account had been closed, I had no knowledge of this at all. Since that date, I have called several times and written two (2) letters to them, one through the U.S. Mail, and one hand delivered and signed for, still I have had no response from the bank, and still no idea where my son's monies are, they told the the account was closed in 1997, I never closed the account.

I am the guardian of the account and my son has no access to the account. They said it was closed because there hadn't been any activity on the account, but it is a savings account for my minor son. Please advise me on what I can do. Thank you in advance for you help. Consequence: Well my son has no monies that he can account for, and he is getting older and would like to use if for a car.

Original review: March 29, 2002

This happened in '98. I have an ex-husband and this has to do with him. He was in the Navy and you know how easy it is to get a car. I mean anyone would sell to him knowing he is in the navy no matter what. Well, we got a car in Norfolk, VA where he was stationed and it was a used car and was in okay shape, I guess. Anyways some guy hit us in the back and left the scene. His insurance company paid for the damages and the car ran for about two weeks and the transmission went out. My ex refused to pay for it and it was impounded. My ex left me in VA and did not pay for the car at all. How was I going to pay for it myself?

Well, now I am remarried and finally happy and it's three years later and I get garnished by Coastal Credit. They want the money for the car. So my wages are being garnished for over $4500.00. I co-signed for the vehicle which was a big mistake. I asked Coastal Credit if they would garnish his wages as well, and they will not because he has a kid and I guess they don't think he can afford it. He has a job just like me so I think it's very unfair. It is not my fault he has a kid so why should I just be punished and not him.

I feel like it would be fair if I paid half and he paid half but Coastal Credit will not go that route because I guess it does not work that way. Anyway let me get to the point. I would like to know if there is anyway possible I can do something about this. I have already paid almost half of the garnishment. It is killing my check. I have worked so hard to get where I am today and now I'm paying for this alone. He always got away with everything, he even went AWOL from the Navy and had to go to jail for a week. He got out of that too. Now I am paying for a car that I don't even own and did not get anything out of it.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: April 3, 2001

I am paying on a repossession and they are wanting me to fill out this, that, and the other. Please Help Me.

Coastal Credit Company Information