Compare Auto Loan Rates

Compare Auto Loan Rates

Apply Today and Save - Lower Your Rates

Compare Rates

36 Coastal Credit Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Called to pay my car note but changed my mind and said I would mail it. The rep named Jenny got very nasty with me because I didn't want to pay the fee and began to belittle me and talk very condescending to me as if she was doing me a favor or the late fees were coming out of her check. Asked for a supervisor his name was David ** and he was WORSE!!

Original review: July 24, 2017

Some of the worst people I have ever come in contact with!!! I have had nothing but issues with them. I have had money issues and car payments have been behind but are always caught up. (paid 2 weeks late because of a new job) They harass you and do not care about any issues you have even though you are up front with them. They have customer service etiquette whatsoever! And it seems I am not the only one who has had issues... all bad reviews. Would not recommend them to my worst enemy!!! My next step is calling the Better Business Bureau because I refuse to be treated the way I do when I am talking to these idiots!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I've had my loan for almost a year. Back in october my identity was stolen and I am still recovering financially from it. When it happened they worked with me for a payment. As I mentioned before I am still financially recovering and I hit a bump in the road and I tried to make arrangements. The girl I spoke to, was insulting. She spoke to me as if she were a mother asking her 10 year old "What did you do with your money". While raising her voice. Now I understand creditors are owed this money and being firm and intimidating is their job but not to be ugly. Her behavior was unprofessional, berating and very disrespectful. It was 1 payment. There is no reason to be nasty to someone who is trying under these circumstances. Also to add insult to injury I found out a couple weeks ago that they add late charges every X amount of days TO any late charges. The debtor has resulting in compounded fees. That to me is simply taking advantage of the consumer.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

Do not ever get a Loan from Coastal Credit! They are horrible and don't care about anyone except getting their money! I had some health issues and was on temporary disability! I could no longer afford the car payment until I start receiving my disability! First I started receiving phone calls and texts the same day the payment was due! I called and told them my issue! I continued receiving more phone calls about 6 times a day even after discussing my situation with them! They in turn called my family members after I stopped taking their calls. At this point I was two months behind, so I called and told them I could make 1 payment. I was told I needed to make two payments! I told them I was only able to make one payment! Needless to say this continued on for weeks and I wasn't going to make any payments until I had something in writing saying they would not repossess the car if I made one payment!

It's been 3 months now and I'm being threatened by this company for legal action after they verify my employment! I've told them that I was back at work and able to pay going forward but can't catch up! They still threatened legal action! Any good company would be happy to receive any money and keep a customer no matter what they have to do! This company is horrible! They have no customer service and their staff talks to you like you're the lowest scum on earth! They never reported on my credit report when my payments were on time for the first two years, but once I get behind they report that!! I wish there was something that could be done about that as well. Anyone have any suggestions?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

Bought our 2007 Pontiac G6 back in 2013. Great car was financed under military approval through Coastal Credit and was fine, up until Nov 2016 when I was hit head on and our car was totaled. Kayla from Coastal Credit has been harassing me stating that she is going to proceed with legal proceedings, now mind you we borrowed $16,000.00 for the car and just about had it paid off until the wreck. USAA picked up on majority of the payoff and GAP took care of the rest of the balance. Now they are saying that we owe $1,200 and saying that we were past due on payments, which was a lie. I have had to block their number from calling me everyday while I am in school and at work.

Just letting anybody that is looking for financing to not go through Coastal Credit as they have horrible customer service and will harass you every minute of the day and will not care what you are doing. If they cannot reach you on the phone they will blow up your email! I have had to block them on my personal email as well. This company is by far the worst company ever on the face of the earth and will never and I mean never do business with this company ever again! Kayla will not work with you what so ever and will even get ** with you! So beware of this company. They don't care about their customers. All they worry about is themselves!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Coastal Credit?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

In fall of 2015, we (me and my ex-boyfriend) needed a car due to our old car breaking down and the birth of our second child. We ended up at a dealership under recommendation of a friend. The process went great, the dealer helped us until we found a loan company which was Coastal Credit. We signed off on the papers and were able to drive off with the car that night.

However, after the first late payment (which was only a day or two late due to it being the weekend), is when it all started to go downhill. First and foremost is when the harassing phone calls began. After the first late payment, they began the "courtesy calls". They would literally call 5-6 times per day, from various numbers, one day before and the day of the bill being due! We weren't even overdue yet and they still called at an alarming amount anyways. If we were one or two days late, the same thing. On one particular occasion we weren't even 10 days late and they called our parents, our family members, friends and employers to "hunt us down" and we weren't even into the next billing cycle!

It got so bad, I had to write them and tell them to stop harassing my loved ones. They are not the ones on the lease, so why are you calling them to get a payment to a car that does not legally involve them? I had to tell my family to block them just so they wouldn't get any more calls. They even went as far as to enroll me into text notifications, that I did not agree to or want to contact me. They even go as far as to make "home visits" where they physically come knock on your door, and leave a note saying they will repossess your car and take action against you and a whole month hadn't even elapsed yet!

Secondly, is the customer service. As I said earlier, they enrolled me into a texting notification system, and I was super pissed (excuse my language) when I started getting unwanted messages from them. I quickly shut that down by UN-enrolling as fast as they enrolled me. Currently, me and my ex, who signed off on the car are not together. He now lives in another city, and I am the sole provider for me and my two children. My expenses have doubled and are completely my responsibility. Me and him barely talk, if we talk at all and has been the case for about 5 months now. This prompted me in running out of savings very fast and unable to meet all of the car payments. I explained this to the agent who was able to get me a deferment at that time. But ever since then it's just been the same harassing calls one right after the other.

I am unable to answer during the day due to prior engagements and I told this to the agent in an email and this is what was his reply and I quote "It is evident that you are unable to make this a priority you are required to" and "We can no longer wait on you guys. You guys have given us the runaround long enough" and also accused me of being "Avoidant". First off, in my opinion, how rude is that. I've told this man several times, I'm busy, I have so much on my plate, and the co-signer, my ex, is not even with me anymore and you're still being judgmental? How do you get avoidant out of that? So, basically, me literally having no time out of my day AND me telling you that amounts to me being avoidant? Wow.

In addition to that, I found it really rude that he told me about my priorities and accused me of giving him the runaround when in fact I've simply never answered any calls due to my busy nature. My ex was the one who answered and said god knows what. It's that type of judgmental comments and rude remarks that would keep me from contacting them if I were being avoidant as the agent claims.

Overall it seems like Coastal Credit has adopted harassing and shameful practices all aimed at doing nothing but scaring, threatening and shaming people into getting their money. If you're looking for a credit company aimed at pleasing customers and helping them with their financial issues this is not the company for you. It only been a year and a half and I am in the process of finding another (better) finance company to come in and refinance the lease. If I could give this company 0 stars I would but unfortunately you have to give a star. I do not recommend this company in the slightest. Please proceed with this company with caution and keep your options open. I regret not having the opportunity to do research this company before signing on the dotted line.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

We made our last payment and they said we would receive the title in 21 days. Ok, 21 days pass and then they say, "No, you have to wait 4 weeks and then won't get it until 21-50 days after that. If you want it sooner you have to fill out paperwork to expedite the process." Then we waited just to call and find out they were only sending a release of title form to the DMV. Every time we found out any information we had to call them and demand info.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

I work in the financial industry. Prior to my current position, I had challenged credit problems from the military and only financial institution that would approve me while the dealer was out of town was this company. Since then, it has been more than headache. First, one local office in Norman, OK closed down and was transferred to Denver, CO and now recently that office has closed. It is a very suspicious loan service. They attempted to secure the vehicle since I was 3 days past due saying I was over 30 days past due and I happened to be with family on vacation which I ended up having to actually spend time trying to prove on time payments then reported 30 days late on my credit which made me furious.

They are very inconsistent with their accounting. Their financial practices are significantly less than ethical and they are rude and will harass and do skip tracing before you're 10 days late to contact individuals even contacting my employer and causing misunderstanding. I have contacted to the Federal Trade Commission and the US Attorney General and the DOD, and others to get this loan company shut down and will not stop. Do not whatsoever go to Coastal Credit. Beware of the illegal practices and if you cannot get approved, then try a buy here pay here dealer. I should have just a loan from a family member or had a co-signer.

Original review: March 31, 2016

Don't walk - RUN!! Horrible company. Ripoff. Repossessed our car wrongly. Was told they were a "busy" because it was the end of the month and that is why the mistake was made. Cost us a bunch to get it back. Never could give the correct payout amount nor a statement of our account. They will hand-deliver you letters and charge you a "field delivery" charge. Rude, rude, rude customer service. Absolutely horrible all around.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2016

I paid off my car loan with money order on Dec. 2, 2015. I have yet to receive my title. I have tried to reach them for 3 days, all I get is a busy signal. My local DMV said it was sent to Orange Park Fl. That office is closed! I can't reach anybody to tell me where my title is. I'm very worried.

Coastal Credit Company Information