2. Mortgages

4.8/5 (255 ratings)

About ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending offers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate home loans. Fixed-rate loans have an interest rate that never changes and are a popular option for people who plan to stay in their homes for a long time and want to lock in the interest rate. With an adjustable-rate loan, the interest rate is fixed for a short time and then fluctuates with the national rate indexes.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Pros

• Online tools to estimate loan costs
  • Work with a loan officer
  • Prequalify in 15 minutes

Cons

• Rate information not available online
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

ClearPath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender that specializes in conventional and FHA loans. Borrowers are connected with individual mortgage lenders to make borrowing and refinancing easier.

Top ClearPath Lending Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Verified

They were very knowledgeable, helpful and professional. Their communication was great throughout the mortgage loan process. They kept me informed every step of the way. It was a p...

Verified

Everything went great with ClearPath… They kept us in contact of everything… Chris, the rep we dealt with, was great too, and I am satisfied with the terms and rates. They were ve...

What is ClearPath Lending?

ClearPath Lending is a California-based mortgage lender that uses innovative technology and a team of lenders and mortgage experts to connect people with home loans and refinancing options. Lending experts walk you through which type of loan is right for your situation, and the company guarantees the best pricing for your loan.

ClearPath Lending Loyalty Program

ClearPath’s Loyalty Program lets you receive a notification when a lower rate is available for your loan. A loan officer begins the change process and updates your terms so you can start saving money right away.

ClearPath Lending loan types

ClearPath Lending offers multiple types of loans, including conventional loans, FHA loans, VA loans and jumbo loans, which are available for more expensive houses. The company also has several refinancing options, including FHA Streamline loans designed for those who have an existing FHA loan and wish to refinance it.

Refinancing

ClearPath helps homeowners save money on their existing mortgage by offering refinancing solutions. Whether you want to switch from a fixed rate to an adjustable rate or lower your annual percentage rate (APR), ClearPath offers refinancing options.

If you need to refinance to cash out equity on your home, ClearPath also helps with that. The company's easy-to-use refinance calculator lets you input your loan term, interest rate and loan amount to determine your estimated monthly payment.

ClearPath can also help shorten the term of your existing loan to reduce the total you pay in interest over the life of your mortgage.

ClearPath Lending rates

ClearPath Lending does not list its loan rates or fees on its website. Before you commit to a loan with ClearPath, make sure you speak with a loan officer and get specific details on the company’s rates and fees.

Interest rates and APRs change over time and are typically influenced by multiple factors, including your credit score, the mortgage type and the loan's term length.

ClearPath Lending FAQ

Does ClearPath offer refinancing?
Yes. ClearPath specializes in home loans and refinancing. The company’s online refinancing calculators let you input all of your financial information to see how much you can save.
Is ClearPath Lending legit?
Yes. ClearPath is a reputable and reliable lending service that works to provide affordable home loans, comprehensive refinancing options and tools to help lower your monthly mortgage payments.
Where is ClearPath Lending located?
ClearPath Lending is headquartered in California.
Where is ClearPath Lending available?
ClearPath operates mostly in the southern and central parts of the country. The company does not operate in New England and a few other specific northern states, including Washington and North Dakota. Visit ClearPath’s website to see if its services are available in your area.

Is ClearPath Lending worth it?

ClearPath Lending is a solid option for loans or refinancing. ClearPath Lending’s refinancing could help lower your monthly payments, and refinancing is also available to cash out home equity or shorten your loan term. The company offers a wide variety of loan types and has representatives who can help you choose the right one for your situation.

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: July 5, 2021

I've worked with ClearPath before. Then, ClearPath has a loyalty program so they notified me and I qualified for a reduction in my interest rate and asked if I wanted to refi again. We went over some details and numbers and I got the process going. It was a very good and smooth experience with ClearPath. They had a missing document, but they made an effort and they found it with the Recorder of Deeds. This was something that was left out during my last refi because I told them there was no way I can find something like that, especially during this time of the year. We're all still recovering from that worldwide pandemic.

The second time was even faster. There was one problem though and that was with the closer. The notary texted me the night before saying that I needed two government IDs. I told her I'm retired, so I don't have two government IDs, but one state ID. She said I could use a Social Security card, but I would have to make a photocopy of it. Who carries their Social Security card around? I don't. I know I have one, but trying to find it at the last moment was not going to be possible. So, I texted her back after a few hours and told her, "It's not going to be possible, so don't waste your time. We'll just have to cancel. Until I can find that, we'll have to reschedule." She texted me back saying, "No worries." I took it for granted that she meant, "Okay, we'll go ahead and cancel." She showed up anyway but I wasn't home. She called ClearPath and told them that I wasn't there for the appointment.

Nathan, the rep of ClearPath, texted me, "We have seen you refuse to sign the documents with the notary. What is the concern?" I was just blown away with it. He said, "We sent you your closing documents prior to you signing with the notary. My team and I were working on getting you a rapid and smooth closing. What'd you do? The loan is now suspended. We had your rate locked in. I wouldn't see why you want to cancel all of this so suddenly. Please give me a call ASAP so we can get this resolved."

She didn't tell them. I called Nathan right away and told him, "There's another side to this story here." If she meant, "No worries," about the second ID, then she should have clearly stated that. We rescheduled for a day later with Nathan and I just dropped everything and I found that Social Security card and I made a photocopy and brought it. Two days later, we resolved it. That was the only issue, but the problem wasn't with ClearPath or Nathan, it was with this notary.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I got the new Welcome aboard package from ClearPath Lending and I was told verbally over the phone that my new servicer is the same as the old one, which was Freedom. I received a letter from Freedom saying my mortgage is paid off and I got a check too. I got a check from whoever for the money back on the refinance. But I haven't received any paperwork stating I've been refinanced and my first payment is due. And this is how much it is for. I talked to a guy called Greg around the first of June and he said that everything was okay and to give it time. The 1st is when I normally make my payment. That way, they receive it no later than the 16th.

One time, they didn't even receive it until the 16th. I was scrambling to make the payment so it wasn't late and I managed to do that, to find out they got it on the 16th. That created hate and heartburn. They told me I could avoid this by putting them on automatic payments every month. I can't do that because I don't know when exactly the money's going to be there for them to suck it out of my account. I normally could but I was holding off on doing the automatic payments every month until the dust settled. And as of right now, this is probably going to be the last time I'm going to refinance because interest rates are going up.

In the meantime, I was getting bills from mortgage for pay-off requests at $30 a pop and they were catching on to my monthly payments. I paid one and I got a letter from them stating I owed for two more. Greg, at ClearPath, said not to worry and they would take care of that. I said okay and asked about the 30 bucks that I had to pay so far. I talked to his supervisor and he told me to tell Greg and that they would send me a card. I never got anything and that was two months ago.

At the time I talked to Greg, my concern was the paperwork I received didn't say anything about money in escrow for flood insurance. The last time I refinanced, the flood insurance got dropped off and I had to jump through hoops with Freedom to get the flood Insurance put back on for escrow. When we were initially discussing the refinancing, I expressed this concern and then I got a letter stating I no longer lived in a floodplain because my address changed.

The house didn't move but the address changed and I was informed that I was no longer in a floodplain. I ended up having to call the county and they said that according to their FEMA maps, I'm still in a floodplain. So, I got back with Greg and said that I have to have flood insurance and he has got to make sure it's part of the escrow. Because I'd rather have a smaller payment attached to my mortgage every month than having one giant bill roll in saying I owe them 500 bucks.

The only recourse I have is to make another phone call to Greg and make sure that everything's okay. And the second one is to call Freedom and ask if I have a loan with them and when it is due to make sure I get the payment to them on time. How much it is is important because the point of refinancing was to lower the payments down. I started out two and a half years ago at right around $1,300 a month. Then, it dropped. And then, it dropped again. The last one was $1,045 and this one's supposed to be less than $1,000. I hope it doesn't go more than $1,045, which is what I was paying before. If it goes above that, something's drastically wrong seeing as how I'm paying less interest. But that's neither here nor there.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: April 26, 2021

I got a thing through the mail. I got it three times and I was leery of it because I've never heard of ClearPath Lending before. But I kept getting them and they were showing a good rate, so I figured, "Well, I might as well jump on it because the rate could be going back up again. We'll go ahead and do it, even if it cost us a little bit of money." It cost us more than we thought it would because the way they were saying, it wouldn't have been anything out of the pocket. But we had to add it onto our loan to pay for everything that ClearPath did. But I'll go along with that because I can make it up in a couple of years anyway in the monthly payments because they save me almost 200 a month. Otherwise, it was good. It was a little hassle, but whenever you refinance or even when you finance, it's a hassle because of all the paperwork and everything that the government makes us do to protect ourselves and the companies.

It got a little frustrating once in a while because we're not computer people and they wanted to do everything over the computer. I said, "We don't know that much about the computers and how to do it." They could come up with a package, send it to you, and have you fill it all out, and then send it back to them again. Cameron and Queenie were the ones that started out with it and they were great. My wife used to say, "You've got the patience of a giant or a saint," because he was trying to help her on the computer. And we got some things done on computer, like our driver's license and everything sent to them, and they don't photograph very good on the computer. But he helped her out. And Queenie was very polite. We had a good time with them, had a lot of laughs because of the things that were going on. And they were both very patient. If you get ahold of Queenie and Cameron, you have a good team there then.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

The packaging of the letter from ClearPath that came in looked really elaborate and the paper was a nice. The print was thick as well and I like nice things. I must have gotten 100 letters and theirs stood out. I did a Veteran loan with them and their process was quick, simple, and easy. The guy I dealt with was Mark and he was a pretty matter-of-fact guy. It was my first time refinancing and I'm a first time homeowner. So I've only been in the house for not even a year and I felt comfortable working with ClearPath and all the information that Mark gave me. He gave me the basics and I could have asked for more information, but at the same time, I would have been irritated if he had given me more information because I needed to get some sleep. But toward the end of the process, I finished with Mark up until a certain point. Then, there was another person I was going to be dealing with to do the end part and the guy was rude.

A little over a year ago, I was going through a divorce but because of the pandemic, it never got finalized and is still in the courts. The judge said that he allowed me to buy the house but the ex-wife had to sign off on it and she signed off on it, so the house was purchased in my name solely and only my name is on the deed. The gentleman, in his experience, had never heard that happening before, because usually, husband and wife are at odds and the wife is not going to agree to that situation, but mine did. And I was trying to tell him that there was no way I would have been in this house for six months and not known that. So we went back and forth. He was drawing the conversation out and I was trying to get off the phone. Then, I called Mark and asked him not to have that guy not go to my house anymore. Mark had someone else call and we got everything done. The rude guy also called back later and told me that I was right.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate your feedback and want to thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

ClearPath sent me a thing in the mail and I called their number. I did a refinance with them and the process was fairly easy. There was more difficulty after everything was signed but that was just a communication problem on their part. I was still getting calls from my other company saying I owed them money and that the payoff never went through. Then, when ClearPath sent the first payoff two weeks later, I got a call from my previous mortgage company saying that it wasn't enough. But I told them I didn't know why they called me because I didn't send them the money. Then, I gave them the number of the person in ClearPath that I was dealing with, Greg. I also contacted him and let him know.

It turned out that the wire didn't get back to the title company and an entire month went by before the title company called and said that they needed me to get on the phone with them and PHH to give them permission. They were just getting the wire back that they had sent back in November 13th. So right at the end of December, on the 31st, was when we had to do that. I also don't know what Greg communicated to them or if he even communicated with them. But he was cool. Plus, the title company didn't say that they didn't get the money from Greg or from PHH. PHH didn't even call them, so I think it was more on PHH because they called me and my name wasn't on the check. PHH called me several times and they would call every couple of weeks.

Aside from that, I reached out to Greg when I got something from Freedom Mortgage because I didn't know who they were and he didn't reach back to me. I found out later that Freedom Mortgage is still part of ClearPath, but they serviced the loan for ClearPath. But when I couldn't get in touch with him after he had been so prompt before, I thought I had been scammed. But when Freedom Mortgage called me again after two weeks, I sent him a more serious text saying that I hope I wasn't scammed because I gave them all my information. He called me back immediately after that text and explained everything. He said that my account was paid on the 13th and everything should be fine.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We are happy to be of service to you! Thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family. Please contact information@clearpathlending.com if you have any questions! Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Sherif let me know all options and if they'd make sense for me and how quickly I'd recoup the refi cost. Very helpful and very knowledgeable. I will return when I'm ready to purchase my next home. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

ClearPath walked me through all the steps and kept me updated with what was going on with the process. Everything was done by computer so it was good. The rep was very knowledgeable on what it was that I needed. She kind of broke down all the numbers to me. Everything that she explained was exactly what I got at the end of the contract. I would recommend ClearPath to a lot of people that are trying to get a lower interest rate, especially if you're with the military. They made the process super easy. It didn't take over 30 days. They explained everything, not only the person that supported the process, but also the team she had that would step in and put their subject matter expertise to the table. Overall, it was perfect. I didn't feel like I was blindsided by anything.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

We went through the process and it was all done through telephone calls. It worked out. I felt pretty comfortable with the process. It did take a few months because of trying to work through phone calls and internet and doing documents online. But it was pretty good.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

I sent the payment to ClearPath because that's the only address I had. I was in the hospital when they sent me the information but I don't have that information. They are going to send the check back to me to send it on to Freedom Mortgage. I love ClearPath and Freedom. We're very pleased with everything. Jacob is a doll. He is a wonderful person and everyone we had worked with in the past, then and this past time refi, was so professional. We couldn't ask for an easier and a better experience. If we ever do it again, we will definitely use ClearPath.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

The process was extremely simple and ClearPath was pretty helpful. Everything worked good. The phone conversations took a week or two, and then we were in contact with each other. We were in the loop the whole process. Nobody was in the dark. So it was pretty good. It was effortless. The process with them was pretty easier than prior experiences. I'm a Vietnam vet, and we're in our mid-70s, and they were beautiful for us.

ClearPath Lending Company Information