4.8/5 (158 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending (NMLS #936436) is a lender offering home purchase and refinance loans. You can use the portal on its website to upload documents, see your loan info and monitor your application.

In 2020, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau penalized ClearPath Lending for inadequate disclosures and misleading and deceptive statements in its ads for VA loans. The company was ordered to pay a civil penalty.

Pros

• Specializes in refinancing VA loans
  • Loan application tracking
  • Loyalty program

Cons

• Application process isn't entirely online
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

While ClearPath Lending has a variety of loan options, it mostly focuses on lending to veterans. It also offers a unique loyalty program that can help you get a lower rate by refinancing. However, it has been fined for false advertising as recently as 2020.

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

ClearPath were pretty nice people. The application process was relatively easy and quick. We had some problems with the faxing of a clear copy of my driver's license on my end. I had to redo that two or three times and that wasn't their fault. Everything ran on our time schedule.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

I just did a refinance with ClearPath. I sent the first set of paperwork back to them today and they got them. I'm going through a process with them right now and everything is fine. They are top of the line and I've had a very good experience with them.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

I refinanced earlier this year, and saw that ClearPath's percentage has dropped again, so I thought I would give them a try. I was so pleased with their representative, who was helpful and great. I thought, "Well, if we can lower the rates, I'm for sure going with him." I had a couple of bad experiences during the prior year with Quicken Loans, where they let me go all the way through and it was hanging on for five months before they closed. They kept telling me all these repairs that they wanted me to do, then at the end, they said, "Oh. I'm sorry. We can't do it." And so, I was really cautious about who I would go with again. ClearPath's application process was fairly easy to follow. The rep also called to let me know how it was going, and checked with me every week or so to see whether I had any further questions. He kept me right on board up until their actual signing. It was a great experience, and I'm really happy with ClearPath.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I was trying to lower my interest rate on the term. When I did it the first time, Craig was fantastic so I just refinanced again through ClearPath Lending. He always follows through. Whatever he says that he'll do, he does it. I liked Craig so much that I referred to him my family members and friends. I work in the banking industry so I know how things are. This time I was with Casey. He was another gentleman, a little different but it was okay at the end. With Clearpath, it was awesome, easy, and there were no troubles.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

ClearPath sent me a letter, and then all of a sudden their rep Sharon called me which I was very shocked with because she was so pleasant about it. She convinced me with the way she announced herself and she did everything for me to listen to her. I respected that because when I do stuff like this I get very scared. She was able to calm me down and she was straight up with me. I like honesty and I was very impressed with her. When I decided to go with ClearPath, I asked Sharon if she was going to walk me through this whole procedure like a little kid, and she said she won't let go of my hand. She walked me through the whole procedure, stuck with me and found out other things that my other company was going to screw over me over with. She's a wonderful lady and a good business person, and I've got some of my other buddies that own homes and they're gonna call her too.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I'm a retired military looking for a VA mortgage company when out of the blue a young lady named Sharon gave me a call about ClearPath Lending. I felt comfortable and felt that it was an excellent idea to just take it. Sharon's the one who helped me out with this and I'd like to give her kudos. My family and I appreciate what she's done for us. She's doing such a really good job and should get a pay raise. Then during the application process they told me, "Okay we're looking at your credit. Make sure you do this and don't do that for 90 days or six months. Just follow the directions when it tells you to do and everything works out for you." Within a month I can get my three calls to know how I'm doing, make sure everything is good, if there are any problems with the mortgage payment or what the interest rates are doing (like if they are low). On the whole, it's been an excellent experience.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

ClearPath made me feel like they're watching after me. It's a wonderful experience. They're operating as an affiliate of the Veteran Affairs and it's more like they watch over me better than the VA itself. That's very key to me. I had a loan with ClearPath and when I took out the loan to get re-financed in the house I went with a certain company because they said they can get me things and I jumped at it. Then ClearPath called me and said I was on a loyalty program and if I wished to let that go then they'll just drop me at my request. I looked at that and that made me feel like they got me. As soon as they saw somebody check my credit, they called me. One of the case people and the supervisor of that person both called me to find out what my intentions were. They said "we take care of you but we need to have to say a lot of stuff." And that's what I like.

I'd recommend them. They told me from the beginning that they want to be the only and last finance company that I will ever have to use and they held up to that. I never feel like I'm being twisted to do anything. I also don't feel threatened or that nobody speaks to me. In fact, anybody I talked to at ClearPath was very good and they know their job.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

I've been looking into getting a solar system for a home and I thought refinancing my home would be the cheapest way for me to get the money I need and not make big monthly payments on it. Getting a loan with ClearPath Lending was simple and professional. Their staff was friendly and helpful, and easy to get ahold of and work with. They made the process not as painful as it usually is and they kept me up to date on my loan.

ClearPath Lending Company Information