4.9/5 (208 ratings)

About ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending offers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate home loans. Fixed-rate loans have an interest rate that never changes and are a popular option for people who plan to stay in their homes for a long time and want to lock in the interest rate. With an adjustable-rate loan, the interest rate is fixed for a short time and then fluctuates with the national rate indexes.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Pros

• Online tools to estimate loan costs
  • Work with a loan officer
  • Prequalify in 15 minutes

Cons

• Rate information not available online
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

ClearPath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender that specializes in conventional and FHA loans. Borrowers are connected with individual mortgage lenders to make borrowing and refinancing easier.

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: April 11, 2017

ClearPath sent us a letter with information how they could save us money. I talked to George from ClearPath Lending and he was quick, friendly, thorough and helped us out quite a bit. Everything went really well.

Original review: April 10, 2017

I got a letter in the mail from ClearPath and I went with their VA loan. The application was great and the loan officer was forthcoming and positive. It was overall very professional and very well done.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Since my husband is a veteran, we were able to get a good percentage rate through ClearPath. On the surface, it looked like the whole process would go rather quickly, but it didn't. Our credit rating was not really good and ClearPath gave us the impression that everything was fine, that it was all gonna be approved. Then we would be able to pay up all of our credit cards and get some cash. It all sounded glorious. But it took about four weeks just to get to that process. They came back in a few days after we thought we were close to closing and said, "Oh, that's not gonna work. We're not gonna be able to pay off your credit cards. We're not gonna be able to do any cash back. All we can do is the actual loan." We said it was okay. But then two more weeks passed and there has been no communication at all.

Finally, our loan officer, Chris, called and said, "We're not gonna be able to do that same percentage rate that we talked about. The percentage rate is gonna be different and your loan closing costs are now gonna be $5,000." So, why would we do it if we were not gaining anything and the interest rate was gonna go up. At that point, we were already at the same interest rate we're paying today. There was really no advantage for us to go through with it, so we canceled out the whole process. But Chris has been wonderful and he really tried to get everything moving. However, Melissa, the other person we were working with in the closing area, we had virtually no communication with her. We only talked to her twice during that two-month period. So that was disappointing.

Original review: April 6, 2017

ClearPath's representative was helpful. I refinanced last summer and I had a 3.875 so I thought that would be my last refinance. But I ended up getting 3.25 with ClearPath and now, I'm sure that was going to be my last refinance. Everything went smoothly and I was very happy with the results.

Original review: April 5, 2017

We wanted to lower our house payments and the interest on the previous mortgage that we had. So we decided we'd wait a year and then tried getting a loan. And when we got the letter from ClearPath, we decided to go ahead and do it. The young man that I worked with talked to us like he’s somebody that live right up the street and knows us. He was very personable, professional and did a fantastic job explaining everything to us. The young lady that came by to do the paperwork was very professional too. She explained everything to us. Also, Victoria, the other lady that was working with the gentleman, was very helpful in regards to keeping contact between us. And any question that we had, she would relate them to him. He would also talk to her and get her to call us. They work very well together and it was fantastic.

Original review: April 4, 2017

The loan officer was a cool guy and very welcoming. He gave us a lot of information, helped us out a lot and kept calling to see how things were, not just to get the loan but also to make sure we're on the right path. We got a VA loan and he and the notary who came and had us sign made the application process easy. Overall, they made me feel comfortable and I'm glad we're with ClearPath. A lot of companies worry about giving the money and that's it. But ClearPath made it feel like they were more concerned about us than the loan.

Original review: April 4, 2017

I liked the service of ClearPath. The first couple of times I used them went very good, but this last time was not. Their appraisers were not accurate on the house. They didn't put in that I had upgraded the kitchen to ATS tile and they way underdid the house, so I didn't get the loan because of that. My house is definitely worth more.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I got the VA loan program with ClearPath to lower my interest rate. The application process has been easy because I had a refinance prior to this and did not have all the inspections. It was just a couple pieces of paperwork and it was done. I would recommend ClearPath.

Original review: April 2, 2017

ClearPath Lending sent me some documentation through the mail. I called them because I want to get my interest rate down and by me being VA, I had that IRRRL option. I inquired about it and I liked the way that they talked and communicated with me. I gave my information to Sharon and sent her the statement documentation she was asking for. She contacted me back to let me know if she had all the documentation and went through with the underwriter. Everything looked good. She called me back, then it was approved. I waited for three or four weeks and then met with the young lady at the house. She came by with the documentation to close and everything was done. It was not difficult at all and the communication was smooth. They have good customer service.

Original review: April 2, 2017

I was looking at refinancing my house and looking to lower my monthly payments and get a better interest rate. I went with ClearPath Lending and got a VA loan program where the interest rate is set. The application process was extremely easy and the guy on my case was really good about staying in touch and walking me through things. It was a pretty good experience.

Original review: April 1, 2017

My experience using ClearPath Lending was great. I got a first-time homebuyer loan from them, and the application process was very smooth. Overall, I'm happy with ClearPath.

Original review: March 31, 2017

On our mortgage, we're always looking for better interest rates. We got a mail from ClearPath Lending and we inquired. Their people were very cooperative and they did the application process over the phone. My wife did most of it and it was very easy. When we did the closing, they came to our house. I’ve never heard of that, but I was very impressed. They called me later and introduced me to a bi-monthly payment plan which I’m going to probably do.

Original review: March 30, 2017

When we got the house built last year, we got in contact with ClearPath since they're the one that financed the First Guaranty Mortgage Company. They have nice people and we got a VA loan from them.

Original review: March 29, 2017

I got a notice in the mail from ClearPath Lending, and I called them. I spoke to the representative and he was very helpful, so I decided to go with them. The original representative that I was working with was so kind and everything worked out fine. It was wonderful and painless with ClearPath. But I was sorry and disappointed to hear that they had already turned my loan over to another lending company. I was really looking forward to being a client of ClearPath. Another thing is, if I got a call from them stating why my loan was sent over to another company, I would have been happier to know that, but I still don't know why I was sent over.

Original review: March 28, 2017

I wanted to lower my monthly payments as much as I could, and I had called other mortgage companies, but they didn't have what I was looking for. ClearPath Lending did it and I was satisfied. I'm a new homeowner and it was my first time with a mortgage, and the loan officer was very friendly and answered all the questions that I had. I asked him questions about the escrow, when I'll be getting my escrow back, and things of that nature, and he was very helpful.

Original review: March 27, 2017

We went with ClearPath for the refi on the VA loan on our house. The loan officer that we worked with was good. He was a great guy.

Original review: March 26, 2017

My son was refinancing with a lending company and they refinanced me, too. Then they sold my mortgage to ClearPath Lending. It was about the third time that I was refinancing. I've had a good experience with ClearPath. There's nothing to complain about. The application process was easy and normal. All of the officers and people in there were beautiful and quite helpful. I would suggest ClearPath to anybody if they ask me.

Original review: March 25, 2017

I was searching for a VA loan on the web when I found ClearPath and they contacted me. They laid it all on the table for me, they're honest and they told me everything and how it was going to be. I felt comfortable and they followed up every step of the way with me. They kept me informed and they texted back and forth with me on a personal basis. Applying was pretty simple. But the only thing is that I was caught up on a weekend since the change of office was going on at the same time as my refinancing, the market was going crazy. I completely understand that but that was the most crucial or maybe a more important thing that happened. I missed out on a better deal due to the fact that they changed the administration for the presidency. But we locked it in and from then on, it was a walk in the park.

Also, the representative took care of me. She did a great job keeping me informed. She had to go on a family trip and even though she was having family time, she kept on texting back and forth with me and keeping me updated. I value that a lot and customer service was great. They're proficient and knowledgeable. They also sent me a loyalty package so they're gonna keep me posted as soon as anything changes, like if a better rate comes up once the market gets more stable. Then I might be qualified to refinance again and I'll be more than happy to do that.

Original review: March 24, 2017

ClearPath Lending had no closing cost, no extra fees, and I had a lower rate. I applied for a VA loan and everything went smooth. The loan officer was very good and I can get a hold of him. They were professional, they explained everything well, and did everything promptly.

Original review: March 23, 2017

I got a VA loan from ClearPath Lending. The application process was really easy. The loan agent contacted me quite a bit. I asked him questions and anything I needed and it was well-received. Everything went well and it didn’t take long. Overall, it was a very good experience.

Original review: March 23, 2017

We wanted to find a different mortgage company that was nicer to work with and could understand our situation. We also wanted to lower our interest rate. Everybody at ClearPath Lending was nice to us. Our loan officer was very polite and helped us to understand our loan. He told us a lot of stuff that we didn't even know about when we first got the home mortgage company. He tried to break down everything to us and we understood it much better. The whole process went real smooth for us and we're highly satisfied. We'll recommend them.

Original review: March 22, 2017

The application process was very easy. I just signed what I had to sign and sent them back to ClearPath. Everybody was nice to me. And so far, everything worked out great.

Original review: March 22, 2017

My house payment was too much. I can afford it, but it took so much of my money that it didn’t give me enough to visit relatives out of the city. I was paying everything including utilities and car payment, and I only have $200 for the rest of the month. So I had to refinance. I was at 3.24 and got a 2.25. ClearPath Lending dropped my house payment dramatically. I always pay $1,500 and it dropped to $1,003. The application process at ClearPath was simple. There were just five things I had to collect and I did that in an hour’s time. I turned it in to my realtor and everything after that was a breeze. The person who I spoke to was very nice and polite. And being a veteran, it was nice to talk to somebody who was aware of the veterans and so everything has turned really well. I've no regrets and I am happy. ClearPath was comforting and enough to trust them a lot that I knew I was in the right department.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I get tons of mail from all of these guys trying to do lending, and I decided to respond. Lo and behold, everything turned out great with ClearPath. It was all quick and easy. Everybody was honest and good to go. ClearPath is a good company, and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: March 20, 2017

I've been with ClearPath Lending for a little while now and I am on my second loan with them. Everything in term of the application was great and my loan officer was wonderful.

Original review: March 19, 2017

I received mail from ClearPath that said the interest drops when you're a veteran, so I gave them a call. I spoke to John and he answered every question I had and would return calls at night. I appreciate everything that ClearPath did. They were professional and on the spot. They did what they said they were gonna do. That's very rare these days and I was extremely impressed. I would highly recommend ClearPath to everybody.

Original review: March 19, 2017

ClearPath Lending worked well with me and had a good offer. The loan officer was pretty good, too. Everything went very well and it was a good experience. I've had no problems.

Original review: March 18, 2017

The application process was really easy. It took about three weeks, and I got the VA loan. The communication with everybody was good. I had no issues and everything worked out good. I'd recommend ClearPath.

Original review: March 18, 2017

ClearPath Lending was able to work with me to get a better interest rate. The loan officer did his job and the process was pretty good.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I had different people trying to get a hold of me and for some reason ClearPath was the one that sounded the best. They were great and everything was taken care of. I enjoyed it and I would recommend it.

ClearPath Lending Company Information