Long Beach, CA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.19/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Broad Street Auto Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Broad Street Auto Loans?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Broad Street Auto Loans?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2014

This joke of a company (basically loan sharks) but without any guts!! Have been harassing my wife knowing she's at work. They claim to have come by our home and come up with random numbers saying they are going to take our property. Yet when I try to contact they won't say a word! It's some of the weakest cowardly forms of terrorism! DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE LOW LIFE DIRTBAGS! FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO BORROW FROM!!!!

Original review: July 8, 2014

On April 30, 2014 I made a payment to City Loan. The person that took the payment over the phone, I paid $519.00, all I heard was ooops that he only charged $200.00 so he charged it again, he gave my confirmation number twice. Then I thought it was all cool. I made a May payment still not knowing about the $319.00 till June 30 20014 my wife made June payment and Monica didn't want to take the payment. She says that the balance was $840.00 then I call back and argue to Manny and that they don't make mistake and all of this time they were rude and disrespectful.

I told him that I lost my bank card and if I can use my wife's. He told me to hurry because he's not going to wait too long. As soon I got the information they needed, they stop answering the phone. So I called back numerous times then Monica finally said she saw the phone number and she wasn't going to answer. We made an agreement and that she was taking it out of repo. So I made a payment. Well my truck was repo and they said that a manager will make a decision if I get my truck. They are liars and the rudest people and nothing but fraudulent company. Listen to their recording, they work to make their customers happy, yeah right.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2014

Please find an alternative to taking out a car title loan. City Loan charged me $9400.00 for a loan of $3900.00. I paid $5700.00 in interest and when I called for the payoff, I still owed $3700.00, thus, $200.00 went to the principle in a year's worth of payments. I argued that "I have already paid so much, please consider the interest already paid and allow a lower pay off." Ignaucio the manager agreed that I had paid a lot and he said I could pay the car off with $2700.00 additional dollars because he could not authorize anything lower. I agreed. However because I was trying to pay it off with a debit card and not a cashier's check, Ignaucio rescinded the agreement and told me he does not take calls after hours even though I have phone logs showing I made over five calls to him that day during office hours and left a detailed message thanking him.

Moreover, Manny an employee decided he would go ahead and take a payment from me of $1500.00 off my debit card that same day. I tried to pay it all with the same debit card that same day, but City Loan claims they cannot accept more than $1500.00 on a debit card in one day. Thus, I said, "okay charge the balance of $1200.00 the next day with the same card" and City Loan would not take it. Now Ignaucio wants all of it, no deals. Hence I owe them $3700.00 less the $1500.00 that Manny took fraudulently and I am back to square one. I did not trust Manny anyway. Yet out of desperation to get rid of City Loan I allowed him to charge me. Funny thing is, Ignaucio stated he would reverse the payment made of $1500.00 so he can get $3700.00 or take my car. It is an absolute nightmare and I urge anyone thinking of doing business with City Loan to run away as fast as your legs will go....

This loan company is the worst as they prey on the poor. Furthermore, they treat people like second class citizens. When a call is placed for customer service they are rude, and unethical is the name of the City Loan game. The company lacks goodwill, customer service and ethical business practices and I plan to launch a social media campaign posting the outrageous fees to try and get people to call legitimate companies like Springleaf, and I am not an advocate for Springleaf, but they are much better than City Loan. Fred Cary the president of City Loan should be ashamed of himself and his employees. Fred what goes around comes around, and one day City Loan will be shut down. If you have been hurt by City Loan please write your Congressman, contact the Attorney General and fight City Loan with bad reviews and tweet the message to stay away from City Loan and others lenders like them..

Original review: Feb. 1, 2014

I took out a title loan for $2500 to pay attorney fees for some property I have in probate. I have done title loans before, I understand how they work and how important it is to pay it off quickly. This horrible company should not be in business. The employees are not trained, they don't have a clue regarding anything they are doing and most seem to be on some power trip. I lost my vehicle because of some idiot named Walter. This company will lie and cheat to cover up their mistakes so make sure you document everything and can supply proof because if you don't you won't win, even if you're the honest one.

I filed a complaint with the Attorney General's Office, who forwarded it to the Department of Business Oversight, the department who license this God awful company. In response, City Loan tried to say I never call the office or I "went silent", but I got copies of all my phone records, the dates, time and length of each call. Liars. Then City Loan tried to say that this "Walter" was my account manager - he wasn't. According to all my paperwork, Erica was my account manager, and the person I communicated with most. Nowhere in our email communications did it say she was no longer my account manager or I could only speak to this Walter **. Liars!

I contacted this supervisor -Tony on Tuesday to let him know my mother suddenly passed away and I wanted to make a payment - my first one, on Friday. Tony said no problem, that would be just fine and gave me the instructions on how to use Moneygram to send my payment - Liars! On Thursday at 3am my vehicle was repossessed from my driveway. When I called this Tony the following day he said he told me my vehicle was out for repossession and that he told me I had to speak to Walter. Ha ha That never happened - he never told me that, never said a word about my vehicle being out for repossession. Liars!

My vehicle was sold 15 days later and I never even made my first payment. They obviously don't communicate in this office and sure the hell don't know what they're doing. Yes I am pursuing this to the highest degree. I'm sure the DBO will side with City Loan, even though I have solid evidence that what they say is a lie, because the DBO license this company. What they did to me was wrong. I am on a limited income and can never afford to buy another vehicle. Do not do business with this company no matter how sweet they sound on the phone. They are snakes and prey on low income consumers. They will strike and suck everything they can out of you.

I still don't know where my personal belongings are that were in my vehicle when they took it and guess what, no one knows where it is! This company will forge documents, lie to anyone at anytime and are totally dishonest - do not go to City Loan for any reason, run the other way! They aren't star rated because they are not even good enough to get one star but because I had to choose before I could submit my complaint I give the lowest, lower than dirt or dog poop.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2012

I got caught with hard time and my work was a bit slow. I took a car loan on my truck with outrageous interests. I understood that, but today when I went to pay-out the loan, I was hit with a pay-out amount of $3,399.00 after paying on the loan for a year when the original amount finance was $3,000.00. The $3,400 that I paid through the loan was only interest. The Better Business Bureau will also be receiving a copy of this contract along with the payoff demand.

Original review: May 21, 2012

I admit I have not so decent credit. I was caught in a bind a few months ago and needed the money to pay off something urgent. I had exhausted all my other options for paying this important matter back. Biggest mistake I made was coming in contact with these loan sharks. Of course, they were very well mannered and nice over the phone, asked me to come into the office to get the "cash" and so they can get info on my car etc. They were so quick on getting all "my info" before even explaining the interest rates etc., so once they told me what I wanted to hear (that they would pay off what I owe on my car and leave with extra money), I was thrilled.

Then, when it came to signing the contract after they did all my paperwork, I noticed the interest was outrageous! This was highway robbery without a darn gun! I borrowed $2500 and the contract showed I would end up paying nearly $7000 because each month, the amount you pay them, most of it goes towards interest and the measly $15 goes towards your principal balance. They also put in a GPS device on your vehicle without letting you know until you have signed and read the contract. They work "backwards" instead of being upfront and telling you all this prior to agreeing.

They make you agree first, then hand you the nasty truth! They have horrible service in person. The only person who was knowledgeable was Dana, but he was the one who failed to mention the ridiculous rates they charge before I agreed! I am planning to pay them off by next month because there is no way in hell that they will get nearly $4k from me! In the end, I regret ever going here. I found out later that I was able to make arrangements with my financing company to pay off my car without the high interest rates. Next time, I will thoroughly do my homework!

Broad Street Auto Loans Company Information