City Loan

Long Beach, CA

Compare Payday & Title Loan Companies

Research top Payday & Title Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This place sure it gave me a loan and guess what. I paid it back. The came into my driveway and took my car away even though it was paid in full. They called me from their cell phone and said, "Guess what we have your car". I was floored. That was my only car. So I called Enterprise, they came and got me so I could get a rental and then I went straight to my attorney's office. He made a phone call to City Loan and guess what. They had to bring me my car back. They never did give me back my key. I hate this company so much you wouldn't believe it. I should have charged them with grand theft auto and I wish I would have. I have the paperwork and when I find it I will validate what I just wrote.

City Loan is a complete rip-off. Stay away from them as they are gouging people. Recently I called in for a loan on my car. A fairly new luxury car with very low mileage. I've been dealing with a financial situation lately and I want to get out of my situation. I needed $7,000. The gentleman on the other line was very courteous and professional with a slight accent. After asking me several questions, I asked what was the interest rate? He said it would be 96%. So in addition to borrowing $7000, I would have to pay back $6,720 for a grand total of $13,720. I said to the guy, "Are you nuts?!?" Hehehe. I said, "Thank you and I appreciate your time." He didn't even have the courtesy to say goodbye or have a great day and hung up. At that point I knew I was dealing with a unprofessional and no longer a gentleman.

Please don't waste your time getting ripped off. The one time I asked for an extension explaining I got injured at work and became disabled, they gave a nasty response saying "Well maybe you should take the bus with your crutches, this is a business matter not personal." They didn't give me the chance when I still made an offer to pay something until my check comes and they repo my vehicle. I drove 2 hours to Long Beach with the check to give them and they didn't even have my car when they said they did have it there. This was the 2nd time they lied to me, when I had the cash and they still had excuses. The struggles I went through and just to borrow 2500, they taxed me 123% interest they always 9000!!

Paid my car note off on Jan. 07, 2015. Talked to Manny said I would receive my keys and pink in mail in 17 days. Got my registration but no keys. Said they don't have them. Went to the place where I took the original loan out. They sent them to City Loan. City Loan said it was my fault for giving my spare to that place.

I did get a title loan from City Loan and wish I did not. As I have read, not just to me but everyone. They do not help you in time of need; like they say they do in their ad. I called and was lectured horribly and hung up crying. I have been under medical care. About a week or so after getting the loan I received devastating medical news about myself. They did not care. I missed two payments and called them when I could pay. They refused to work with me and the Truck was taken. I have never been spoke to in such a rude manner with lack of compassion. I took the easy way out to get some financial help but will never do this again.

Please everyone, do not fall for their lies. It is not worth it. I cannot tell you what I did before they took the truck, but good luck to them (if you know what I mean). I am sick of people taking advantage of ones in need. So they can have it. Take the truck. I don't care. But for anyone else, do not go through these guys or anyone else. Before you get the loan, they are sweet and caring, after that you get guys like Manny, and Antonio. Total idiots, who in the end will have to answer to someone for their treatment of others. So please beware of predators.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Loan?

My company has been doing PPC campaigns for City loan for 6 months this year. We have brought good results decreasing cost per lead and increasing number of leads however we still didn't get paid for our job. City Loan has been telling us that they are not satisfied with leads which they get. However recently we have realized that they are still using our AdWords account which is our intellectual property. Please be careful with this company and advice on how we can get paid for our job.

I took a title loan out 2012 for 2,500. Since then to present I have been paying 240 a month. Every summer they have repoed my car. Every repo total was 1,500. I became injured at work. They were aware of my cervical neck strain, aware that I had became paralyzed, aware that my workers compensation payment was different than scheduled work check. They advertise that they are compassionate and will work with you. Lie. They put a 4 dollar interest rate everyday, truth be told. You would believe I am done paying back 2,500 loan. Wrong. My balance is 1,114.42 imagine that. This same place sold a range rover lemon that broke down every month. They were aware and still wants their payment. That rover was bought from them around 2007. It's still not running and just decoration in my friend's driveway and they still want their payments for their lemon. Imagine that.

Warning! Do not get a loan from this company!! Save yourself!! Sell your car if you have to but do not get a loan from City Loan! They will steal your money and your car!! What they do should be illegal! I have been paying for 10 months $375.00 a month and my loan actually went up!! I now owe more than I borrowed! I asked to skip a payment and they told me I can't when their ads clearly say they will help you! This is bs! And it's going to stop! I am going to warn everyone not to do business with these guys! If you have been burned by City Loan please join me and run these guys out of business! Post your dissatisfaction on all the social media sites so they can get the message that their business practices will not be tolerated by the consumers! Say no to City Loan!

This company has bad customer service. They are liars, they make up their own rules. They will try to repo your car just because, they put GPS on every car!!! I mean every CAR. If I would've known what I know now... I would've went somewhere else. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone... RUN!!!

This joke of a company (basically loan sharks) but without any guts!! Have been harassing my wife knowing she's at work. They claim to have come by our home and come up with random numbers saying they are going to take our property. Yet when I try to contact they won't say a word! It's some of the weakest cowardly forms of terrorism! DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE LOW LIFE DIRTBAGS! FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO BORROW FROM!!!!

On April 30, 2014 I made a payment to City Loan. The person that took the payment over the phone, I paid $519.00, all I heard was ooops that he only charged $200.00 so he charged it again, he gave my confirmation number twice. Then I thought it was all cool. I made a May payment still not knowing about the $319.00 till June 30 20014 my wife made June payment and Monica didn't want to take the payment. She says that the balance was $840.00 then I call back and argue to Manny and that they don't make mistake and all of this time they were rude and disrespectful.

I told him that I lost my bank card and if I can use my wife's. He told me to hurry because he's not going to wait too long. As soon I got the information they needed, they stop answering the phone. So I called back numerous times then Monica finally said she saw the phone number and she wasn't going to answer. We made an agreement and that she was taking it out of repo. So I made a payment. Well my truck was repo and they said that a manager will make a decision if I get my truck. They are liars and the rudest people and nothing but fraudulent company. Listen to their recording, they work to make their customers happy, yeah right.

Please find an alternative to taking out a car title loan. City Loan charged me $9400.00 for a loan of $3900.00. I paid $5700.00 in interest and when I called for the payoff, I still owed $3700.00, thus, $200.00 went to the principle in a year's worth of payments. I argued that "I have already paid so much, please consider the interest already paid and allow a lower pay off." Ignaucio the manager agreed that I had paid a lot and he said I could pay the car off with $2700.00 additional dollars because he could not authorize anything lower. I agreed. However because I was trying to pay it off with a debit card and not a cashier's check, Ignaucio rescinded the agreement and told me he does not take calls after hours even though I have phone logs showing I made over five calls to him that day during office hours and left a detailed message thanking him.

Moreover, Manny an employee decided he would go ahead and take a payment from me of $1500.00 off my debit card that same day. I tried to pay it all with the same debit card that same day, but City Loan claims they cannot accept more than $1500.00 on a debit card in one day. Thus, I said, "okay charge the balance of $1200.00 the next day with the same card" and City Loan would not take it. Now Ignaucio wants all of it, no deals. Hence I owe them $3700.00 less the $1500.00 that Manny took fraudulently and I am back to square one. I did not trust Manny anyway. Yet out of desperation to get rid of City Loan I allowed him to charge me. Funny thing is, Ignaucio stated he would reverse the payment made of $1500.00 so he can get $3700.00 or take my car. It is an absolute nightmare and I urge anyone thinking of doing business with City Loan to run away as fast as your legs will go....

This loan company is the worst as they prey on the poor. Furthermore, they treat people like second class citizens. When a call is placed for customer service they are rude, and unethical is the name of the City Loan game. The company lacks goodwill, customer service and ethical business practices and I plan to launch a social media campaign posting the outrageous fees to try and get people to call legitimate companies like Springleaf, and I am not an advocate for Springleaf, but they are much better than City Loan. Fred Cary the president of City Loan should be ashamed of himself and his employees. Fred what goes around comes around, and one day City Loan will be shut down. If you have been hurt by City Loan please write your Congressman, contact the Attorney General and fight City Loan with bad reviews and tweet the message to stay away from City Loan and others lenders like them..

I took out a title loan for $2500 to pay attorney fees for some property I have in probate. I have done title loans before, I understand how they work and how important it is to pay it off quickly. This horrible company should not be in business. The employees are not trained, they don't have a clue regarding anything they are doing and most seem to be on some power trip. I lost my vehicle because of some idiot named Walter. This company will lie and cheat to cover up their mistakes so make sure you document everything and can supply proof because if you don't you won't win, even if you're the honest one.

I filed a complaint with the Attorney General's Office, who forwarded it to the Department of Business Oversight, the department who license this God awful company. In response, City Loan tried to say I never call the office or I "went silent", but I got copies of all my phone records, the dates, time and length of each call. Liars. Then City Loan tried to say that this "Walter" was my account manager - he wasn't. According to all my paperwork, Erica was my account manager, and the person I communicated with most. Nowhere in our email communications did it say she was no longer my account manager or I could only speak to this Walter **. Liars!

I contacted this supervisor -Tony on Tuesday to let him know my mother suddenly passed away and I wanted to make a payment - my first one, on Friday. Tony said no problem, that would be just fine and gave me the instructions on how to use Moneygram to send my payment - Liars! On Thursday at 3am my vehicle was repossessed from my driveway. When I called this Tony the following day he said he told me my vehicle was out for repossession and that he told me I had to speak to Walter. Ha ha That never happened - he never told me that, never said a word about my vehicle being out for repossession. Liars!

My vehicle was sold 15 days later and I never even made my first payment. They obviously don't communicate in this office and sure the hell don't know what they're doing. Yes I am pursuing this to the highest degree. I'm sure the DBO will side with City Loan, even though I have solid evidence that what they say is a lie, because the DBO license this company. What they did to me was wrong. I am on a limited income and can never afford to buy another vehicle. Do not do business with this company no matter how sweet they sound on the phone. They are snakes and prey on low income consumers. They will strike and suck everything they can out of you.

I still don't know where my personal belongings are that were in my vehicle when they took it and guess what, no one knows where it is! This company will forge documents, lie to anyone at anytime and are totally dishonest - do not go to City Loan for any reason, run the other way! They aren't star rated because they are not even good enough to get one star but because I had to choose before I could submit my complaint I give the lowest, lower than dirt or dog poop.

I got caught with hard time and my work was a bit slow. I took a car loan on my truck with outrageous interests. I understood that, but today when I went to pay-out the loan, I was hit with a pay-out amount of $3,399.00 after paying on the loan for a year when the original amount finance was $3,000.00. The $3,400 that I paid through the loan was only interest. The Better Business Bureau will also be receiving a copy of this contract along with the payoff demand.

I admit I have not so decent credit. I was caught in a bind a few months ago and needed the money to pay off something urgent. I had exhausted all my other options for paying this important matter back. Biggest mistake I made was coming in contact with these loan sharks. Of course, they were very well mannered and nice over the phone, asked me to come into the office to get the "cash" and so they can get info on my car etc. They were so quick on getting all "my info" before even explaining the interest rates etc., so once they told me what I wanted to hear (that they would pay off what I owe on my car and leave with extra money), I was thrilled.

Then, when it came to signing the contract after they did all my paperwork, I noticed the interest was outrageous! This was highway robbery without a darn gun! I borrowed $2500 and the contract showed I would end up paying nearly $7000 because each month, the amount you pay them, most of it goes towards interest and the measly $15 goes towards your principal balance. They also put in a GPS device on your vehicle without letting you know until you have signed and read the contract. They work "backwards" instead of being upfront and telling you all this prior to agreeing.

They make you agree first, then hand you the nasty truth! They have horrible service in person. The only person who was knowledgeable was Dana, but he was the one who failed to mention the ridiculous rates they charge before I agreed! I am planning to pay them off by next month because there is no way in hell that they will get nearly $4k from me! In the end, I regret ever going here. I found out later that I was able to make arrangements with my financing company to pay off my car without the high interest rates. Next time, I will thoroughly do my homework!

City Loan Company Profile