1.19/5

Need a payday & title loan lender?

Long Beach, CA

Need a payday & title loan lender?

16 Broad Street Auto Loans Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 22, 2017

I received an acceptance letter by mail that suggested they could finance me for $7500-$39,000. Somehow they had a pretty close idea of my current payment and said I was paying too high of an interest rate for my credit score. They said I could save a considerable amount by dealing with Ray Skillman Fiat in south Indianapolis. I responded and they gave me two names at the dealership who I could correspond with. I made an appointment and followed up with a phone call the day of same appointment to be upfront with our income and intent. I told the girl I did not want to waste my time nor theirs and gave her the payoff amount on my vehicle plus our incomes as Seniors. That is all we get is a monthly check. So they knew this going in.

My wife has been sick for 35 out of the 42 years we have been married. We have below average credit and I knew we would have to trade into another used car from the get go. She said there was no problem and I traveled down to meet her. The point I kept reiterating was I needed a lower payment... PERIOD!!! So, they showed me a new car with 16 miles on it. I looked puzzled and asked what the payment would be. They said it would be less than I was paying now. So, I was asked to get my wife to co-sign. We signed the papers and went out front to get into our new car. The desk manager came out and handed the keys to our trade in to us. Seems they had sold us an additional vehicle and did not accept the trade in. So now we had TWO CAR PAYMENTS totaling over $680.00.

I want to know where they missed the point I was in there for??? Lower my car payment and get into another used vehicle. Fortunately I raised enough hell they tore up the contract and I was out nothing more than a wasted day and frustration. One of the people at City Lending followed up this morning with a congratulatory text about getting my new vehicle and asked how my experience was. I told her "HORRIBLE" and to call me so I could fill her in. Her response was for me to have accepted delivery and let the trade in get repossessed. Funny. The manager at Skillman said the same thing. She said taking delivery would have looked good on my credit score. I asked what she thought a repo would do to it. Bad experience all the way.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

This place sure it gave me a loan and guess what. I paid it back. The came into my driveway and took my car away even though it was paid in full. They called me from their cell phone and said, "Guess what we have your car". I was floored. That was my only car. So I called Enterprise, they came and got me so I could get a rental and then I went straight to my attorney's office. He made a phone call to City Loan and guess what. They had to bring me my car back. They never did give me back my key. I hate this company so much you wouldn't believe it. I should have charged them with grand theft auto and I wish I would have. I have the paperwork and when I find it I will validate what I just wrote.

Get expert buying tips about Payday and Title Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 21, 2016

City Loan is a complete rip-off. Stay away from them as they are gouging people. Recently I called in for a loan on my car. A fairly new luxury car with very low mileage. I've been dealing with a financial situation lately and I want to get out of my situation. I needed $7,000. The gentleman on the other line was very courteous and professional with a slight accent. After asking me several questions, I asked what was the interest rate? He said it would be 96%. So in addition to borrowing $7000, I would have to pay back $6,720 for a grand total of $13,720. I said to the guy, "Are you nuts?!?" Hehehe. I said, "Thank you and I appreciate your time." He didn't even have the courtesy to say goodbye or have a great day and hung up. At that point I knew I was dealing with a unprofessional and no longer a gentleman.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2015

Please don't waste your time getting ripped off. The one time I asked for an extension explaining I got injured at work and became disabled, they gave a nasty response saying "Well maybe you should take the bus with your crutches, this is a business matter not personal." They didn't give me the chance when I still made an offer to pay something until my check comes and they repo my vehicle. I drove 2 hours to Long Beach with the check to give them and they didn't even have my car when they said they did have it there. This was the 2nd time they lied to me, when I had the cash and they still had excuses. The struggles I went through and just to borrow 2500, they taxed me 123% interest they always 9000!!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2015

Paid my car note off on Jan. 07, 2015. Talked to Manny said I would receive my keys and pink in mail in 17 days. Got my registration but no keys. Said they don't have them. Went to the place where I took the original loan out. They sent them to City Loan. City Loan said it was my fault for giving my spare to that place.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Broad Street Auto Loans?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2015

I did get a title loan from City Loan and wish I did not. As I have read, not just to me but everyone. They do not help you in time of need; like they say they do in their ad. I called and was lectured horribly and hung up crying. I have been under medical care. About a week or so after getting the loan I received devastating medical news about myself. They did not care. I missed two payments and called them when I could pay. They refused to work with me and the Truck was taken. I have never been spoke to in such a rude manner with lack of compassion. I took the easy way out to get some financial help but will never do this again.

Please everyone, do not fall for their lies. It is not worth it. I cannot tell you what I did before they took the truck, but good luck to them (if you know what I mean). I am sick of people taking advantage of ones in need. So they can have it. Take the truck. I don't care. But for anyone else, do not go through these guys or anyone else. Before you get the loan, they are sweet and caring, after that you get guys like Manny, and Antonio. Total idiots, who in the end will have to answer to someone for their treatment of others. So please beware of predators.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2014

My company has been doing PPC campaigns for City loan for 6 months this year. We have brought good results decreasing cost per lead and increasing number of leads however we still didn't get paid for our job. City Loan has been telling us that they are not satisfied with leads which they get. However recently we have realized that they are still using our AdWords account which is our intellectual property. Please be careful with this company and advice on how we can get paid for our job.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2014

I took a title loan out 2012 for 2,500. Since then to present I have been paying 240 a month. Every summer they have repoed my car. Every repo total was 1,500. I became injured at work. They were aware of my cervical neck strain, aware that I had became paralyzed, aware that my workers compensation payment was different than scheduled work check. They advertise that they are compassionate and will work with you. Lie. They put a 4 dollar interest rate everyday, truth be told. You would believe I am done paying back 2,500 loan. Wrong. My balance is 1,114.42 imagine that. This same place sold a range rover lemon that broke down every month. They were aware and still wants their payment. That rover was bought from them around 2007. It's still not running and just decoration in my friend's driveway and they still want their payments for their lemon. Imagine that.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2014

Warning! Do not get a loan from this company!! Save yourself!! Sell your car if you have to but do not get a loan from City Loan! They will steal your money and your car!! What they do should be illegal! I have been paying for 10 months $375.00 a month and my loan actually went up!! I now owe more than I borrowed! I asked to skip a payment and they told me I can't when their ads clearly say they will help you! This is bs! And it's going to stop! I am going to warn everyone not to do business with these guys! If you have been burned by City Loan please join me and run these guys out of business! Post your dissatisfaction on all the social media sites so they can get the message that their business practices will not be tolerated by the consumers! Say no to City Loan!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2014

This company has bad customer service. They are liars, they make up their own rules. They will try to repo your car just because, they put GPS on every car!!! I mean every CAR. If I would've known what I know now... I would've went somewhere else. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone... RUN!!!

Broad Street Auto Loans Company Information