2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.86/5
Based on 1,535 ratings submitted in the last year

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

CitiCard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I would give Citibank and in particular Citicard even higher than 5 stars if I could. They are that good. I purchased an large, inflatable swimming pool for the backyard in May 2020, hoping, as many people did, that we could use it as an antidote to the general restrictions of the Covid-19 pandemic. The seller turned out to be in China (although that's not always a bad thing), and this wasn't apparent from their website. When I finally received their product (which I suspect took so long because they didn't manufacture it or buy it from the manufacturer until I bought it), it was the wrong size (smaller).

A few months later, after wrangling with the seller online (to no avail) and with PayPal (lots of promises of help, but ultimately no help in getting a refund), I contacted Citicard... and received lots of help, good, professional help. I submitted the requested documentation online (easy with their online systems), was issued a provisional refund after review, and waited for the seller to respond to them. The seller essentially refused the return shipment, then lied and said they hadn't received it. Citicard told me my claim was denied and the refund cancelled, but offered me a chance to submit additional supporting documentation regarding the return shipment, which I did.

After a review of the additional documentation, they reinstated the provisional refund, contacted the seller and must have said, essentially, "How do you explain this?" One month later, the provisional refund became permanent. When no one else will help you and you're about to see over $600 go down the drain, having Citicard on your side is a lifesaver. When their webpages say, "How can we help?" it's not just an advertising slogan. They helped when no one else would.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

The Citibank Costco credit card is our go-to choice for most purchases because of its superior casback benefits. While these are, of course, best for purchases at Costco, they are excellent most everywhere else: 4% at gas stations, 3% at restaurants, and 2% on everything else. The cash back is best used at Costco, but can very easily be used as true "cash back" from any Costco PoP. Even better, cash back rewards can be doubled on most Costco purchases with an Executive Membership that pays for itself many times over. Billing is clear, accurate, and efficient, both online and by paper mail. We have never had an issue of any sort with the handling of our account.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2020

This card provides lots of rewards not only by using it at Costco but anywhere. It gives you points that are turned into money that you'll get once a year in February so you have the whole year to use it and then have some cash money to use in whatever you want. Their phone app is also great, super easy to use and with lots of tools to administrate your credit line in the best shape. I've had many other credit cards in the past and this one is highly recommended!

Original review: July 22, 2020

Got my CitiCard via Costco. It send me a check and Costco send me a check to use in Costco. I use the US Bank card that is with Harley Davidson. I tend to use the Citi more. I was at a meeting in DC for the minority. They raise a question on CC and I raise my hand and was ask to speak. Pretty much I said, use a card that pays you back not in points. (I still will turn down points reward due I do not shop at what they say. Not LL Bean or others they promote.) Use the card that rewards you with a check.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Citibank is great! They even have a savings account that if you put in $25,000 everything is free and you get .60% interest that’s better than my bank now. I had a hacker one time when I got on AAA site and booked a vacation and Citibank was right on it. With my help, we shut the Hacker down the same day that they started. They overnighted me my new MasterCard because I told him that I was going out of town in three days. So what I’m saying is that you couldn’t ask for better service, you couldn’t ask for better events that were taken care of. Citibank also has an interest rate around 14%.

Original review: May 6, 2021

There is no nice way to put it. This company should close its doors. They have an automatic phone service that won't let you talk to a human. After 3 days trying, I called another number by Google search, not their website and got one. I lost my card and was calling in because they said the new card number would be available immediately. You can't get it on line and then when you go to the automatic, it wants the new number, and will not give you any information on your account with the old and you in an eternal loop.

You do finally get a brainless customer service rep that has no idea how to fix. Then I asked for the IT department who then told me that what I was told isn't available and their website is not updated. Fine. Every time I pay off the card, they reduce my credit limit. I have above average credit and only 2 cards other than Citi. Plus, who told them to pull my credit. I didn't. So I paid them off again. I will never use this company in any way, fashion or form. I advise everyone to stay away from this credit card.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Had fraud on my card and I reported it immediately. It was still posted on my account weeks later so I tried reporting it again. The app then told to me I needed to call and listed a number. It took three calls before I actually connected with an agent. Then that agent told me he couldn't help and I needed to call another number. Turned out that number was dead. So I called the original number again and got the correct new number. Then I called the new number and was put on hold for two hours. After two hours, the agent chastised me for not reporting sooner (even though it was my second report of the same issue) and said a credit wouldn't be posted for another 90 days. When I tried to close the account, they said if I did that I would be on the hook for the fraudulent charge. I'm just waiting to finally get the credit posted so I can cancel this account. Stay away from Citi at all costs. Ridiculous experience.

Original review: April 23, 2021

I have visa credit card by Citi for six years through Costco. My statements are paid off every month within 30 days, even during the pandemic I never missed a payment. Last year they refused to renew my credit card stating they received a bad report from Equifax. After checking with Equifax my report was sent out to me and was in excellent rating.

After receiving the report I contacted Citi card again and the card was reissued. My fico score three months ago from Citi card came back at 840. Big surprise, again, I am being denied for a new credit card. I have never been disrespected in my life as I am by this company at the age of 78. This credit card company or any other credit card company never had a problem receiving their payment from me. The only reason I have this credit card company because of Costco and the cash back benefit BUT it's not worth my aggravation. I already cut back on my purchases this past year because of the treatment I endured and I am done with this company. Both Citi card and Costco lost a excellent customer.

Original review: April 10, 2021

It's been almost a month and I STILL don't have my new card. 762 credit score and got approved for $6,000, but approval took approximately two weeks since they called the wrong number and couldn't verify me by phone. Wait 7-10 days for letter to verify my identity. Then wait 7-10more for the card. Card arrived and would not work. They told me it was defective and I'd have to wait for a new one. Would not give me any information over the phone due to me not having another account with them or home phone? How is this the only way you can verify my identity in 2021? So everything had to be done by old fashioned mail.

New card arrives, but it turns out the first one was fine, instead they had placed a BLOCK on the card for fraudulent activity. All I did was try to take out $100 cash and get gas. What is fraudulent about that?? It was an additional 7-10 days waiting for another letter to verify my identity. It came, I called, they said, "Oops we sent the wrong letter, you'll have to wait another 5-7 days for another letter to verify who you are before we can unlock the card." This is insane! To add insult to injury the customer service sucks! I've never called a company and EVERYONE I talked to was rude or impatient. Found myself telling the clerk to "have a good day", isn't that her job? I read the horrible reviews on this card/bank and wish I had listened. You've been warned. Don't mess up your good credit with these guys.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I applied for the Citi Premier MasterCard. I have flawless credit and FICO scores ranging from 835 to 850. I have no debt except for about 150k on a house worth $800,000. We have no balances on any credit cards, including a Citbank Double Cash MC which we've had for over a decade. We pay off our credit cards every month and have for the past 35 years. Income is $230,000/year. Assets are several million. I was declined due to having applied for another credit card the same day. We wanted two travel cards with one as a backup, hence the second application. Note that this is the first time in over 7 years we've applied for credit.

After we complained to the company, they finally agreed to open an account, but made the limit 2000. This is ridiculous. The requirement for the bonus points for this card is that you spend 4000 to earn them. Kind of tough to do with a lousy 2000 limit! Why they treat long-time, loyal customers like us so poorly is beyond me. Their policies are ludicrous and a 2000 limit is like a joke - what use is a card with this tiny little limit? We are closing ALL of our Citibank accounts immediately. We get treated MUCH better by Chase. We are DONE with Citibank. PERIOD.

CitiCard Company Information