2. Finance
Chase Bank

Chase Bank

3.7/5 (1689 ratings)

About Chase Bank

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Top Chase Bank Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Verified

I have no complaints about this bank's service (aside from my home town refusing to allow them to do business here) except when it comes to asking questions to customer service re...

Verified

In a time where automation can trump feeling heard and served as a customer, today I felt the exact opposite. After a very unsuccessful and maddening call with Chase Bank 1800 num...

Chase credit cards

Chase credit cards come with a variety of bonus offers, rewards, perks and benefits. Chase cardholders get 24/7 account access through the Chase Mobile app, free credit scores through Credit Journey and access to Chase’s Ultimate Rewards programs.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
Chase Sapphire Reserve
  • Travel
  • 50,000 points*
  • $450 annual fee
chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
Best flat-rate rewards
Chase Freedom Unlimited
  • Cash back
  • $150 bonus*
chase freedomRecommended Credit:
Good
Best cash back rewards
Chase Freedom
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
  • $500 bonus*

*See terms and conditions

About Chase Bank services

In addition to credit cards, Chase offers a variety of financial services, including checking and savings accounts, business banking, credit cards and mortgages

• Checking accounts: Chase offers three types of checking accounts: Chase Total Checking, Chase Premier Plus Checking and Chase Sapphire Checking. All checking accounts come with Chase Online Banking and online bill pay. Monthly fees range from $0 to $25.
  • Savings accounts: Chase Savings and Chase Premier Savings accounts both earn interest. Monthly services fees range from $0 to $25.
  • Business banking: Chase Bank offers business checking, merchant services, small business credit cards and business lending.
  • Mortgages: Homebuyers can obtain ARM, FHA and VA mortgage loans through Chase Bank. The company also offers refinancing and home equity line of credit options.
  • Planning and investments: A Chase advisor can help develop a financial strategy for your future.
  • Car loans: Clients can get an auto loan for a new or used car through Chase Auto Preferred.

Chase Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: May 30, 2021

This Bank goes above and beyond to follow up on fraudulent charges assessed against the account. They guarantee the outcome to be positive and this reflects in their leadership, mission, vision and values. Current fraudulent charges are immediately canceled and forward looking charges credited. New charge cards are immediately sent and life back to normal is quickly obtained.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I just want to give some credit to my hometown Chase Bank in DeRidder La. My wife and I have banked here for 25 years, and would never consider placing our money anywhere else. The staff is always friendly, helpful, and dependable. We especially want to give our appreciation to Misty **. Misty has always been with us and has helped us more times than I can count. (You guys really should make Misty the branch manager if she isn’t already). We have had occasion to visit other Chase Banks in our travels, but none can compare to the Chase Bank of DeRidder La.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2021

I have banked with Chase for almost 20 yrs now. During that time, I have also held accounts with other institutions, and whether I left Chase during that time or not, I have ALWAYS come back. I have NEVER found another bank that has worked with me and adapted to my needs for certain services, products, or assistance! When I'm in a financial bind, a cross-country trek, discharging from the military, experiencing medical or family emergencies, or attempting to bank from awkward locations and relinquishing Power of Attorney to another...They're always available to me 24/7 to help. Their customer service is impeccable, and I'm extremely impressed by the knowledge that every one of their representatives possess. Thank You Chase Bank for ALL your support! I will recommend you to everyone I know.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Chase has been such a phenomenal bank for me, I never had one issue when dealing with them. Staff is super friendly, polite, and professional. I've had several bank accounts in the past and by far Chase is the absolute best one I have had. I have the secure checking so I cannot overdraft and write checks. That's how I like it and I also have a Savings account opened today. I love customer service, if I ever had an issue it was always taken care of then and there at that moment. I literally have no complaints when it comes to Chase!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I was pretty stressed out today because I had three overdraft fees due to automatic payments taking place, but Arlesia, a customer service agent refunded all three to me, and she was super nice about it. Usually they don't care, but she was super cool about it. Thanks Arlesia! (By the way, they totalled $102, which is A LOT for an overdraft fee. She refunded all three.)

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

Chase closed our business account with no warning. We had payroll and other bills due that were due the same time this happened. It was a mess! I went to the bank and we were on hold for 4 hours. Nothing was resolved, no one answered and after holding so long, the Chase specialist department closed. This was a Friday, now they are saying that department doesn't open until Monday?! This is the worst experience ever had. We are switching banks.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I was a victim of Identity Theft based on an alert from a credit bureau that someone tried to open an account in my name with JP Morgan Chase. The credit bureau suggested that, among other things, I contact Chase about it. I tried to do so today. The result? I have been on hold for more than SIX HOURS waiting for the proper person to speak with to address my issue. Chase is AWFUL!!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

This bank turned my life into a nightmare. First, they approved illegitimate charges of several thousand dollars on my credit card. Three months of disputes, dozens of emails, hundreds of phone calls, rude and incompetent representatives giving inconsistent answers....Long story short, I did not get my money back. And here we go again, about a month ago Chase closed my checking account due to "suspicious activity" and I lost access to all my funds, including direct deposited paycheck. My hard earned money has not been returned to me. I am hiring a lawyer and am recommending anyone who values their money to stay away. This bank does not deserve one star.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Within a 30 day period, our Chase Sapphire Card was hacked twice and our savings and checking once. Each time, Chase did prevent us from any loss, however, after hours of being shuttled from department to department and time on hold, we finally called it quits with Chase. When we went to close our accounts, the teller asked us "why?" Her reply after we described our issues was "bummer." There was no apology or attempt to keep our business. She had to involve the branch manager to close our accounts and he never apologized or attempted to keep our business either. I had to ask them if Jamie Dimon would tolerate this lack of customer care?

We asked for cashier's checks instead of wire transfers to our little Credit Union because of our distrust of Chase. When we arrived at our Credit Union to deposit our accounts' funds, the teller at the CU apologized to us for our bad experience with Chase, three times. We were at one time, Private Client Members at Chase and used their financial services. We learned after a time, they were getting twice in fees than other financial services and buying JP Morgan/Chase proprietary products with our funds and reaping more high fees. We moved to a Personal Financial Advisor and have saved thousands in fees and saw our investment returns grow far better than ever with Chase. Too big to fail and too big to care.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

An absolute ** of a bank! This bank provides you their services as long as you keep your bank account nice and fat! Otherwise, don't expect any simple service that even a small bank would provide you. It's a big bank but so what? They don't care about any issues you are currently having with a smaller account balance which they would have gladly and promptly addressed that issues if your account balance was to their advantage.

Chase Bank pros and cons

Chase Bank offers many financial services. It’s easy to open an account, and many new customers qualify for sign-up bonuses and rewards. There are a few things to consider before deciding if Chase Bank is right for you, however.

Pros

• Thousands of branch and ATM locations
    • Bonuses for new customers
    • Online banking through Chase Mobile app
    • 24/7 customer service
    • FDIC insured

Cons

• Monthly service fees on some accounts
    • $2.50 charge to withdraw funds from non-Chase ATMs
    • Variable interest rates
    • Does not have physical locations in every state

Chase author review by Barbara Friedberg

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Almost half of America’s households use Chase Bank’s services.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.

• Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for its products and services.

• Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking, including mobile and online banking, e-pay and account alerts.

• Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers and business owners as well as typical consumers.

• Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest-earning accounts.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor