1.32/5
Based on 31 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a loan company?

35 Challenge Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 28, 2012

I financed my car through this finance company the beginning of last year. I was never late before until the end of summer, when I experienced some hardships. I was literally late only 100 dollars. Their repo company actually went to my job and tried to repossess my car in front of my entire office! Then when my boss didn't let them take my car, he waited outside for me to leave. I had to ask a co-worker to give me a ride to the bank. When I tried to discuss this with someone, no one helped me. They were so rude and disrespectful and told me "If you can't afford the car, then just give it back." This finance company is a nightmare, biggest mistake of my life.

Original review: July 13, 2011

Two of our daughters got their cars financed through Challenge Financial. Over the past month, my husband and I continue to receive multiple phone calls daily from this company to the point out that we started to ignore the calls. Now, they started using the phone number of our daughters to call our phone in order to get us to answer.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2010

I called to let them know I was going to be 15 days late on my payment due to a family emergency. I was told that my car would be repossessed and if I can't afford a car, I shouldn't be driving. They acted so rude and ghetto, I am going to either trade my car in or give it away to anyone who wants it. I've never been talked to or treated like that before.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2010

I have been trying to work some payment arrangement with Juan and Daisy, but they are unwilling to make some type of payment arrangement. However, I have been making my payment the best can. Juan calls my wife every week harassing her and I talk to him every let him know that he needs to talk to me regarding my car payment. He continues to call her all the time. When I first got the truck I owed $14.000 on it, now I only have $575.00 left but they do not want to make a payment arrangement since I am unemployed and experience some hardship right now.

Original review: July 1, 2009

I financed a car with Challenge Financial Services in March of 2004. Unfortunately, the car was repossessed in November of 2004. Recently, in October of 2008, the same car was resold to Scott ** and registration was attempted. However, since Challenge Financial never released liability from me back in 2004, the car is presently registered to me. The only reason I was notified of the situation is because Mr. **, the new interested party, received three tickets on the car between October and November of 2008. But since I'm still listed as the registered owner, the tickets were sent to me in my name. The car was then towed and resold. I was not only contacted by the LA Parking Authority for non-payment and future collection on these tickets, but also by the towing company which towed the car in 2008. I've since submitted all documents provided by the DMV and my records of repossession (listed on my credit report).

I've contacted the DMV regarding this situation, as mentioned above, and liability cannot be released by me completely until Challenge Financial releases liability, which is why I contacted Luis (I'm unsure of the correct spelling of his last name). I explained the situation to Luis, who then told me my file would have to be pulled from their warehouse in order for a letter stating record of their own repossession to be mailed to me. I've since called multiple times without a response from Luis. Each time, a different person assisted me with my situation since Luis was not available. One person I spoke with stated a letter was mailed in 2004 and he could resend it. The second lady, Sandy **, stated that she had to receive permission from upper operations (which according to her did not deal with consumer affairs directly, had no contact person or information) in order to send me such a letter.

A friend of mine, who was helping with the situation, called Luis in order to get other information and he told her that he was not able to find my file. When she told him of the different responses received by his co-workers, he then cut her off and began yelling and screaming, and transferred the call to Sandy, who said she is from another department. I've been pleading with them for a statement of proof just to prove that the car was repossessed in 2004. I'm now being held liable for the parking and license violations obtained since the repossession and face collections from the towing company, who has since sold their claim to a collections agency. The amount due for this collection is now $2,420.00.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Challenge Financial Services?

Challenge Financial Services Company Information