1.32/5

Looking for a loan company?

Challenge Financial Services

Looking for a loan company?

35 Challenge Financial Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 4, 2016

Aurora the manager and ALL THE employees I've talked to are LIARS and blame the DMV and others for their mistakes. Challenge Financial services is the RUDEST, WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I've dealt with. They SCREWED with my time and life. They didn't do their job and blame DMV. I DO NOT RECOMMEND them to anyone. STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR LOAN COMPANY.

Original review: March 4, 2016

Challenge sent the above car to auction. I bought and registered it 3 years ago in my name only with no problems. Last year I needed a duplicate title and Challenge appeared on title as lien holder. After 6 months, 4 faxes, 2 visits, and 6 phone calls, I cannot get the title release. Challenge refers me to DMV (they can't help) or John ** (their employee). John says he sent it, but I never received and now he refuses to assist further.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015

Dishonest company, I have been paying on my car for a little over a year and my balance doesn't seem to be going down at all. I pay every month, but they are out of control. They have no system for us to pay them online without having to pay $15.00 per transaction not that we don't pay them enough money as it is. Very bad company - wish I could change finance companies. My pay dates also changed and they would not work with me to change my pay dates without penalties, etc. I want out. If I could just turn in my car and go get another I would. But that is not an option so I am stuck with them. Uhggg.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2015

I have a vehicle loan with Challenge Financial Services since October 2012. I have been paying on it the last 3 years on time. Earlier in October 2015 I called and spoke to Monica for a payoff amount. She had gave me a total and she stated it was for 10 days. I asked if they take payment over the phone and she said no. Thought that was kind of weird cause if I'm paying off the vehicle, why wouldn't they want it sooner? So I called back and just spoke to whoever answered and requested a payoff again and asked if they take payment over the phone and again was told no. So I didn't pay it off and made my monthly payment as usual.

On October 30, 2015 I had spoken to Monica again and request a payoff amount. She stated that earlier in the month they had already gave me one and I stated that I made a payment since then and want a new one. Towards the end of the conversation, she had asked when I was going to be sending it in. I stated "I am mailing it out today." Monica replied with ok. So that day before mail pick up, I wrote a check for the payoff amount and dropped it off in the mailbox at the post office.

On November 4, 2015 I received a text message stating, "Timothy, This is Monica at Challenge reminding you of your commitment to make your payment tomorrow for $3639.65. Any problems call me at 714-541-3400 X**". So I called at 1231 hours, because I couldn't believe that they haven't received my check yet. I asked to speak to Monica and the representative advised she was away from her desk. So I had him help me and asked if they received my payoff amount check. He looked up my account and said they received it yesterday but there was still a balance of fifty something dollars. I questioned it and said how that is when I called for a payoff amount last Thursday and sent the check in. He stated that he would have Monica call me back.

At 1358 hours, Monica had called me but missed her call. I called her back at 1400 hours, and asked her what was going on with the remaining balance. She had advised that the payoff amount that she quoted me was for that day only. I said ,"Excuse me, you even asked when I was sending it in and I told you that I was mailing it out the day you gave me the payoff amount." She asked what date I put on the check and I told her, "The same date of when you gave me the payoff amount." I told her that I shouldn't be liable of the remaining balance and to even check the recordings of our conversation of that day. So she said she will go over the recording with her manager and call me back. I asked when will I expect a call back and she said by the end of the day.

Didn't receive a call back so I had to call back at 1619 hours, and spoke to Monica and she transferred me to her Manager Fred. I explained to Fred what had happened and asked why I have a remaining balance. Fred then came back with the amount was for that day and asked me when I requested the payoff, did I ask for a 10 day payoff or a 1 day payoff? I told Fred that as a consumer you don't ask for a certain day payoff when a consumer calls for a payoff amount, they assume it's a 10 day one because normally that's what a payoff term is. I told Fred if Monica knew it was for that day, why did she ask when I was sending it in. Fred continued to argue that it wasn't and basically in a roundabout way said it was my fault.

He did acknowledge that they are human and make mistakes. No one should make a mistake when it comes to a huge amount that a consumer is trying to pay off their vehicle. So I told Fred, "Then HONOR your mistake and waive the remaining balance because I told Monica that I was mailing it in and for her not to cut me off and tell me it's for a 1 day payoff amount is not my fault. I also received a text message from you guys reminding me about the commitment and that tomorrow I had to pay it." Fred didn't say anything about the text and stated that he couldn't waive the balance or back date the payoff amount so it doesn't have a remaining balance.

Fred proceeded to tell me that they are doing me a FAVOR for deducting two hundred and something dollars from the interest. I said "doing me a favor, that's what happens when someone pays off their auto loan earlier, YOU DON'T CHARGE THEM THE INTEREST OF THE REMAINING OF THE TERM." So I requested to talk to someone higher than him and Fred said the Manager is on VACATION until next Wednesday. Fred advised that he is the only one that can override the balance. Fred stated he would call me next Wednesday any time before 1300 hours with a resolution. I am holding him to that because again I had to call back in when Monica stated she would call me back.

Resolution response: June 21, 2015

I spoke with VP and he was very professional, he was apologetic and promised to next day me my title. I am happy to report that someone from this company for the first time ever, kept to their word and did as they promised. I received my title via FedEx and happy to be done with this company!

Original review: June 12, 2015

I paid off my BMW in February this year. To date I still DO NOT have my title. Spoke with ** she was pleasant and attempted to assist me. The problem with this company is they take NO RESPONSIBILITY for anything. They claim they are only the servicing company. Not sure what that means exactly but I made payments to Challenge Financial and have been paid them for three years! Now they tell me I need to contact the dealer to get my title? I have financed and paid off a number of cars and I have NEVER IN MY LIFE DEALT WITH A CRAZY OUTFIT AS THIS ONE!!! STAY CLEAR PEOPLE... Unless you don't mind dealing with SHADY OUTFIT and wait till who knows when to get what you paid for... YOUR TITLE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Challenge Financial Services?

Original review: May 28, 2014

They will hound you like you're some idiot who doesn't know how to do anything. They are outrageous with their attitudes and threats. I bought a car from a dealership and ended up with them as my finance company. I have paid for two years never missing a payment. When I changed jobs my paydays changed. I called and asked if my payment date could be changed. I was told no, and that I didn't pay on the day they said then they would come take my car from me. Excuse me! Two years never missing a payment and you threaten to take my car if I pay a few days later. It wasn't like I was gonna be 30 days late or anything. And they will call several times a day. In fact they called a few minutes ago and I said I just got off work and am paying the payment in a few minutes. I was in the middle of making the payment and they called again harassing me. Stay clear from them. As soon as I can I am trading my car in and getting my bank to finance me. Then good riddance to CFS.

Original review: May 15, 2014

I was assigned to Challenge by the dealer. Besides the APR too high, I was making my payments on time. After a couple of years I wanted to pay off the truck. That was in November 20013. The pay off was a couple of hundred dollars higher than the payment slip indicated (they requested $4,300). Well I kept making my payments. In April 2014 I checked on the payment slip and notice the payoff amount was higher.

Well to make long story short, for me to get this ugly thieves off my back I had to turned in my truck and got a new car with credit union paying their requested amount of nearly $4,700. Uffff, what a nightmare with that rude unprofessional people. =( My question here is..... with soooo many complaints, WHY is Challenge Financial still in business? o_______0

Original review: Nov. 13, 2013

I have this car loan for almost 3 years, making my best effort to pay on time and I have done it. Today I called to ask them for an advice since the 5 days grace period they offered will expire in 2 days, but instead of feeling that they appreciate customers who pay on time and we make our best to keep our account in good standing, I was the one calling them to let them know that they will be receiving the payment before the grace period ended and they told me if they want they can send me to collections one day after my due date without giving me any grace period, WHT!!??? Why so much THREATENING???? I'm just so angry that they made me cry in front of my co-workers. I just feel so bad and angry and disappointed. I was trying to be polite and I ended up feeling like POS. There was no need of all of their crap! I will never be polite again to them and I would rather go to collections and buy another car and don't pay the stupid loan... GRRRRRRR!!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2013

These people will take advantage of your hardship. They will make you feel like the biggest POS on earth and then they will bend you over and let you take it 8 months down the road when you are still paying $8000 (You left the lot paying $7900 total) and everything breaks and you can no longer afford costly repairs, insurance, a high payment with 22% interest, and their nasty office staff who thinks they are holier than thou! Good luck. I will do whatever I can to make sure no one falls into this trap!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2013

I marked them with 5 stars when it should have been NO STARS. To date, I still have not received my personal property back from them. Have my car back but everything in the car was stolen. Sent them 4 separate emails and to date, NO RESPONSE.

Challenge Financial Services Company Information