1.32/5

Looking for a loan company?

Challenge Financial Services

Looking for a loan company?

35 Challenge Financial Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 16, 2019

Such a wonderful family oriented company that works with you. Not only was our credit not so good they gave us a chance and gave us a good vehicle. Other than that when you're on time with your payments they do work with you when times get rough. They are human beings and do understand now if you're reading bad reviews about him I promise you more than likely it's from people that have been delinquent for months and months and months because they have never gave me any kind of problem when times have ran rough and trust me times due to get rough. Rafael has been such a blessing to us, such a professional understanding man! Thanks Challenge!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

So I got approved by them then three weeks later they say they deny me. Truck is too old etc. I call them. They won’t tell me why. This place is so unprofessional. Be smart. Don’t do business with them. They play games. Go to Premier Auto Credit. I had two loans and paid off both. They don’t play games like these guys. Good luck.

Jason,

We regret that we were unable to approve your vehicle choice for financing. Unfortunately, we have guidelines that restrict the types of vehicles we can finance. You should have, or you will soon receive a letter that explains the reason for credit denial. If you do not receive the letter or you have any other questions, please contact our customer advocate.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

This company has added thousands of dollars to my loan. Falsely accused me of being late on my payments. Added 420+ dollars every few months for insurance, when I've had my own insurance all along. They harass you and threaten you nonstop. They refuse to let me speak to a manager when I call in and they yell and curse at me. They are taking more than 50-100% off my payments as interest when my rate is below 29%. My payment is 291 and they are taking 178-294 as interest. My total walking out of the dealership was 11k, I put 2 thousand down, and I've paid over 6,000 in payments already, and they are saying I have paid LESS the ONE thousand dollars in 2 years!

They are adding multiple fees whenever they please with no answer to what it is! The car broke down the very next day after purchasing and the warranty I paid 2,500 for does not cover ANYTHING. The clutch assembly was replaced 2 days after buying the car and shutting off on me during driving, nearly getting ran over by an SUV. Absolute worst place to do business with, READ ALL REVIEWS FIRST!

Samantha,

We are sorry to hear about your bad experience with our finance company. It is understandable that you are upset with the experience you describe. However, many of your concerns are the responsibility of the Dealership where you purchased your vehicle. We would like to follow up on your concerns with the Dealer, but we are unable to locate your account. Please help us improve our customer service by reaching out to our customer advocate.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

These people will lie. They will scream at you. They will threaten you. They will call you three times a day and send people to your house for being mere days late. In one of my voice messages they left for me. They asked me to call them back while in the background (a male voice) threatened to arrest me for "nonpayment" (which is against the law) after I explained to them I would be a little late, but then would be able to pay off my loan since I was selling my house and moving out of state. I'm glad I paid them off completely and would urge anyone who has to deal with these thugs to record every single call. If you are already under contract with these low lifes good luck! If not run!

Monica,

we are sorry to hear about your bad experience with our finance company. Our customer service staff should always treat our customer's with professionalism and respect. We would like to follow up on your concerns, but we are unable to locate your account. Please help us improve our customer service by reaching out to our customer advocate.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

This company is the worst I have ever worked with. I have purchased many cars in my life. This company has the worst customer service! Every time you call, they tell you something different. As a result of their misleadings, I am now paid AHEAD by over 2 months because they continue to take automatic payments even though I have called (said they would handle it), and then written to them (which they told me to do the second time I called).

Every time I call, they tell me the person I spoke to before didn't know what they are talking about, and now I have to do it "this way." Their computer page is a joke, won't let me change anything there, so I am forced to call them, be put on hold forever while they try to find the proper person to talk to, until finally I get someone who yet gives me more WRONG information, and thus months later, I remain 2 months ahead in my payments with an automatic payment plan in place that no one will stop. Worst financing company I have ever worked with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Challenge Financial Services?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

So I bought a car for the first time last month and I thought I'd make my payment 10 days early to be in good standing. To receive a letter today from them saying I was 10 days late so I call and they try to act like I never paid, I told them I will send them a bank statement. Then they tell me that my payment could not be processed because I have an airbag check engine light, according to them they could only give me credit but not deduct it from the amount until that is fixed. I would like to find someone that can actually help.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

If you are researching this company prior to engaging in business with them you are wise to do so. This is not a legitimate business but a company that uses scare tactics, lies and overall deception to get your business. Buyer beware. The worst decision I ever made was to sign any documentation linking myself with these thugs (auto loan). I am now quietly pursuing legal action with a family member due to damages caused by this company. Specifically Benjamin ** and Mark **. Do yourself a huge favor and take your money and business elsewhere.

Challenge Financial Services response

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us a troubling experience that took place with one of your own representatives as well as with one of our outside vendors during our efforts to recover our collateral.We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution to resolve the issue.We will further evaluate how we can prevent the alleged incident that took place from occurring again.Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble and inconvenience we have caused you.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Challenge Financial Services is taking me to court after I gave back my car in NOV 2017 Due to P.T.S.D Anxiety DEPRESSION. Am on FMLA as well. Yes I do work but it's really hard too. Also it has took a toll on my life and money coming in. Challenge Financial Services came to my work to sever me papers. I freak out so bad I trash it. I don't know what to do. I had two cars though Challenge Financial Services. The first time was fine. No issues. 2nd time had issues from the first month. They have lied to me so many times. When I told them what I was going through they were helpful. but the people that are there now do not care at all I was told to give my car up. Twice. Now they want to sue me for money I don't have. As they know that as I told them that many times over. Something has to be done about this company that just does not care at all.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

This company is one of the worst I have ever dealt with, they are rude and obnoxious, they treat you like a second rate citizen, will call you even though you pay on time, they will put the phone down on you and have a terrible approach towards their customers. My advice to anyone who needs a car and this is the only company that will finance you, prepare to jump through hoops and harassed for no reason. I made ten clean payments and refinanced my car loan elsewhere, even to them OWING ME MONEY they still sent another bill!! Asked if I'd recommend this company? Certainly not.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I have a loan with Challenge Financial. I have been with this company since the start of my loan in 2014. It is now 2017 so I have been a long time customer. I have always been treated well by Sandra till they closed that branch and transferred it to Orange County. Art and Diane just horrible treatment. Disrespectful and I am not happy. This has been happening toward the end of my loan term. I called in few months ago. Was told my loan would be paid in full July 2017 so I called in and now am told still owe 650.00 on my loan. In addition to trying to understand why I still owe that money when I was told something completely different in early 2017, I was poorly treated and disrespected during the course of the conversation. When I asked to talk to higher up attitude changed. Unacceptable the way you guys are treating customers.

Challenge Financial Services Company Information