1.18/5

Need a payday & title loan lender?

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

Need a payday & title loan lender?

63 Cash Direct Express Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 4, 2019

I get my SSI and my ss sent to me on a Direct Express card every month. In March my card was compromise and someone had made an address change without me knowing it. I got a card in the mail telling me of the change. I called Direct Express and they change my address back and this happen not once, not twice, not even three time, four time I lost 560.00 dollars. I did get my money from ss, on the third and within 2 days my card was taken again!!! This is getting to be **!!! Police says it is an inside job and Direct Express knows it and don`t care!!!

This has been going on for some time now. Sen. Elizabeth Warren has been investigating for some time now and there is 131 complaints to the CFBP, and 526 complaints to the Better Business Bureau, related to Direct Express, there has been breaches from Direct Express, and Comerica Bank. They are link to each other. 4.5 million people have been a victim!!! And nothing has been done!!! Get rid of your Direct Express card and go back to paper checks, and make sure you put an alert on your checks at the ss, office! You can read Sen, Elizabeth Warren page.

Original review: June 2, 2018

All reviews are so correct. You have to pay for a statement from account and statement don't help. Not enough information on the place money went. I actually found $100 by mail from a mortgage company and I don't even own a home. Not the only $100 I have had missing customer service. Get ready to be on hold until you can't hold phone to your ear.

Get expert buying tips about Payday and Title Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

THIS COMPANY IS HORRIBLE!!! My dad has been dead since January 4, 2017 and I've gotten nowhere. Every time you call you get hung up on and level one can't help you on deceased persons after you've sent in you proof of documents they request. They tell you level 2 can only help you which is the Dispute department. Social security refer you to contact them after money been issued to the recipient so you are stuck dealing with these ingrates to nowhere. A class action lawsuit need to be filed against this company and social security need to pull out from under them. It's bad enough trying to resolve government issue on a civilian level. Geesh!! The review on this company, are Absolutely horrible! The agents' attitude are very abrupt, nasty, rude and are not helpful. They lie to you when you ask for a supervisor telling you, "No, you can't talk to a supervisor." They have no empathy. It's just horrible.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I lost 500.00 in the ATM on June 14, 2017. Direct Express is giving me a run around. One operator tells me I'm getting it on a date. Another one tells me no. My dispute went through and still no money. Why is the government using this company. Please find a different card company. Everytime you call they are so rude. Forever on hold and they give you different answers everytime. These are my children's death benefits. Give it back to them!!! They say 45 to 90 days. It's been over 110. Liars.

Original review: June 6, 2017

US Direct Express prepaid GOVERNMENT card-I have had an outstanding issue with US Direct Express since 2/14/17. $1,900.00 was taken from my account unauthorized. Plus (2) IVR transfer fees. I have been going back and forth with them since that date, putting up with exceedingly long waits on hold and horrible customer service. To make matters worse they recently answered my dispute in writing stating "the transaction did not occur." That is the most observed response. In the meantime I am out $1900.00. I keep calling back and when they transfer my call to the level 2 department I keep getting disconnected. Clearly their network security is laughable and their customer service is horrid. I say CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cash Direct Express?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Pretending to be the retired and disabled's friend. Easy... Put benefits on card. Many stories. Most recently today my brother's benefits were put in and $609 were allegedly withdrawn from an ATM in Miami, Florida and fee charges. Of course he reached a very rude agent asking stupid questions. As a people we need all of us to come together in a class action suit! Please contact me **.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

Direct Express security is laughable; of 16 digits on the card, the first eight are standard per the program. All a hacker need do is match a common American name with eight digits and ping that against a website that performs credit card transactions requiring neither PIN nor secret number. Such hackers exists as do such websites. Is Direct Express colluding with them? That happened to me in September. An overseas hacker drained my SSI account with charges in Singapore and Osaka.

Direct Express now refuses me a provisional credit while they 'investigate' these disputed charges. They ignore my House representative. They constantly hang up on me. Direct Express as constituted is neither up to the task nor worthy of our trust. Write & call your House Rep & Senators. Call the inspector General of the Dept of Treasury. Take this business away from Comerica. Let a Bank local to you handle this business. They at least are more accessible and trustworthy than any Texas Bank.

Original review: July 12, 2016

I contacted the dispute department on 6-2-2016 when I discovered that 440.00 had been debited from my account from Directv. I was then advised to submit paperwork stating the facts about the incident in which I did so. I then received a letter in the mail stating that my case had been closed with no explanation as to why. I then contacted the customer service number on the back on the card in which I was advised that I needed to send in additional documents. I was extremely frustrated because if I would not have called back then they just would have left my case closed.

The rep advised me that they do not send out a letter requesting the additional info just the outcome. HOW IS THAT HELPFUL TO A CONSUMER!! I then asked the rep about our funds being FDIC insured in which she became irate and stated that I needed to call a bank for that information. However in our previous conversation, she stated that this card was not managed by a bank. The card clearly states COMERICA BANK on it. Not only are the representatives extremely rude but the fact that my concern is a joke to them is completely unacceptable when you live on a fixed income. I will definitely be filing a complaint with the BBB and Social Security so that someone is aware of how the consumers are treated!

Original review: July 6, 2016

Unable to use international card. Living in Italy... got my new card. Cannot use it anywhere. Have no food or money. When I call about the card... I'm told the card is fine. It is not fine. My previous card worked but this one does not. I am in serious trouble here... I'm about to be homeless in Italy. Wtf!!! I need help nowww!!!

Original review: July 2, 2016

Called to try to renew card for 2 days, was on hold for the longest time. The people there were very rude and not helpful at all. Request to speak with manager. Again put on hold for 20 minutes, still could not help me telling me it could take up to 48 hours to access my card. WTF here it is Saturday morning with no money for food or anything, been using the card for the past 3 years. I am totally disgusted.

Cash Direct Express Company Information