2.6/5 (33 ratings)

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Carrington Mortgage Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?

Original review: March 25, 2022

John was assigned as my loan officer after a difficult and challenging 3 months trying to refinance my loan. John was familiar with the unconventional loan/deed issues that were occurring. After reaching out to me initially to start a new loan application John provided a smooth path through my refinance process. He was always professional, knowledgeable, patient with my many questions and lack of understanding the refinance process. He was available and provided prompt responses to my calls and emails. I will definitely rate John as a 10 on your customer service survey and nominate him as a Best Catch! Thank you John!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I contacted Carrington Mortgage Services to refinance my existing loan, upon calling I was connected to a loan officer, Ben **. He made the process so easy and so smooth. I highly recommend Ben as your loan officer. Ben was very professional, knowledgeable, kind and responsive. It was an absolute pleasure to work with Ben and the loan processor Julie **, who finalized all the paperwork in a timely manner. I was very happy with her help as well. I would refer all my family and friends for any mortgage services they made need. Very satisfied client. To Ben and Julie, It was a pleasure doing business with you! I have been so impressed by your thoroughness, detail and consideration. I appreciate everything you’ve done for my family and I. Thank you again for such a great experience.

Get buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

The past 19 months have been very difficult for me (COVID/medical issues) and I got behind in my mortgage payments. I was recently granted a forbearance for my mortgage and I called to see if there was anything that I needed to do and to say "Thank You!" From the moment that Belinda answered the phone I felt like I was a person and not just a loan number. She was bright and cheerful and professional in everything that she did. Belinda explained everything regarding my situation and made certain that she answered any questions that I had. I was so relieved by the end of the conversation that I became tearful (but they were tears of relief and happiness). Belinda treated me with respect and dignity. She is a true credit to your company and I look forward to working with her.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Maricela is a true gem. She was very helpful and considerate to our situation. I believe in Carrington Mortgage as a homeowner's partner and not just a mortgage company. If Maricela ** is representative of all Carrington Mortgage employees, then all under the Carrington Mortgage umbrella are safe to know that they have a partner in their corner that understands the plight that honest homeowners are going through during these unprecedented times. A partner that will go out of their way to help homeowners to work through this difficult time and get back on their feet.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Belinda made me feel like she actually cared about my situation, and I felt that she really wanted to help find the best solution for my family's needs. Very informative and full of helpful suggestions. She answered all my questions I had at that time. I wish there were more people like her to talk to, especially when dealing with something as big as a Morgage. I would say, even though my situation is stressful, Belinda made it seem possible to get my behind Mortgage problem fixed. I definitely think if there is a person who deserves special recognition, it should be Belinda!

Original review: June 21, 2022

I stayed on hold for 30 min and then was hung up on. I can't get back in to speak to anyone. People playing with my money here. My mortgage went up 200 bucks and I've only had the loan for six months on a fixed plan. I just wanted some answers and still stuck without. Someone needs to contact me back but I doubt they will. I had no choice but to use them since the loan was sold to them. This company is awful.

Original review: May 28, 2022

Since my loan was sold to this company I have had nothing but frustration and mistrust. A few years ago I started sending 2 payments; one for monthly payment and one for extra principal payment. They never credited my monthly payment and it took weeks of daily phone calls, a trip to the bank, and numerous faxes to prove I paid. They didn't like the printout from the bank I faxed to them showing the cleared check. They alluded to the fact that since I was late they would report me to the credit bureau and I could go into foreclosure. It caused me a lot of mental stress. Recently I sent a check and it took 2 weeks to process. I called customer service to find out what happened and it turns out they changed the mailing address once again where to send the check for principal payments.

Customer service advised a faster way to pay, "You can pay online for free now because we listened to what our customers wanted" (in reality there was a class action lawsuit for illegally charging $5.00 for monthly payments). I don't trust this company enough to let them direct draft from my checking account! By the way, when you send a check they convert it to ACH electronic payment so you never get a copy of your cancelled check as proof. My goal is to work extra hours and pay off this mortgage asap so I don't have to deal with their incompetence. The one star is for getting me motivated to work harder so I can say goodbye forever to Carrington Mortgage Services.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Carrington Mortgage is just like a fast used car dealership. Fast talking, shows all the shinning things and makes a lot of promises. Unfortunately, with the fast smooth talking points a lot is missed by a customer. Paying for points should be an initial talking conversation especially if you have good credit. Customers should not need to keep contact loan originator or process or for more updates.

Truth in lending, such as a cash out refinance. One does not have to pay off creditors, that's something they do not tell you until day of signing at closing. Then to add injury to insult, they (Carrington Mortgage) send you checks for you to mail out to your creditors after you just paid an enormous amount of money for closing fees. I would not recommend Carrington Mortgage for any other services. I had to call to ensure my closing date and time. I had to call to get my location for our closing and my notary was late. I was not provided a copy until a much later date. This will be the last time I ever use this company.

Original review: April 8, 2022

As a veteran, I'm appalled by the way we have been treated. Our loan was transferred over to them two months ago and they never paid our insurance. I have been fighting with them for 4 weeks to get that paid. No one knows what is happening and now I have received a letter telling me they are purchasing insurance for me because I have no insurance. Apparently, I'm not even on their "insurance department" computers which is insane. If you don't have to have a loan with them DON'T.

Original review: March 31, 2022

She helped in absolutely every way she possibly could for us. We have suffered two major losses (both our fathers) and survival of Covid-19. At some points we weren't sure up from down but this Lady was a light in our darkness. We hope on some way she will be recognized for all of her work for she was heaven sent for us. Very professional and knowledgeable employee. A definite asset for your company to keep in our opinion.

Carrington Mortgage Services Company Information