Find a Loan Modification partner

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Carrington Mortgage Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrington Mortgage Services?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Belinda made me feel like she actually cared about my situation, and I felt that she really wanted to help find the best solution for my family's needs. Very informative and full of helpful suggestions. She answered all my questions I had at that time. I wish there were more people like her to talk to, especially when dealing with something as big as a Morgage. I would say, even though my situation is stressful, Belinda made it seem possible to get my behind Mortgage problem fixed. I definitely think if there is a person who deserves special recognition, it should be Belinda!

Original review: July 7, 2021

I have been in the process of refinancing our Mortgage with Carrington. In so doing, I have come to work with an outstanding gentleman by the name of Zane **. Zane has been wonderful. He has been extremely helpful and takes whatever time is necessary to ensure we understand the entire process and all of our options. Any company should count itself fortunate to have him and customers can look forward to the very best of service.

Get buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2021

This mortgage company save us from becoming homeless, we sold our house without knowing that we are not qualified coz of some misunderstanding in my husband credit score. Some mortgage company turn us down, we are so sad coz I just give birth and I have a 4yr old boy. But Carrington Mortgage give us the change to have a home and we are so thankful that they save my family from becoming homeless. Thank you Carrington Mortgage..

Original review: April 19, 2021

I can't say enough about my dealings with Ben ** my loan specialist at Carrington Mortgage. As in the past, Ben is pleasant, knowledgeable, caring, and excellent with communication. He is easy to speak with and takes the time to explain every detail of the process and answer any questions you may have. My loan processor Tiffany ** was also excellent at keeping me informed as it came time to close. She responded to my emails immediately which is not something you often find. Based on my experience, I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

From start to finish both Ben ** (loan officer) Debra ** (loan processor) were very responsive, pleasant and helpful. Anytime I had a question it was answered right away usually within an hour or two, but never longer than a day even over the weekend. Ben was really clear on what was needed and walked me through the process. The online submission system worked really well and was easy to use. Carrington was very cost competitive and ended up saving me quite a bit over the other two other loan quotes I got. I would definitely recommend both Ben and Debra personally as well as Carrington.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

We recently refinanced our house and were working with Tyler **, Senior Loan Officer at Carrington Mortgage Services. At first we were impressed by their offer - until we shopped around. They tried charging us an extra $7,500 in fees compared to other lenders. Their process was not transparent - using "non-refundable" lender credits. Loan estimates were wildly inaccurate. They also had a hard time understanding offers from other companies. Our experience with Tyler was good, he explained the limitations of Carrington's system. The problem is clearly with Carrington's processing, not Tyler.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Your Best Catch Recommendation: Richmond, TX, I was very pleased working with Chad N. a Sr. Loan Officer with Carrington, Mortgage. Chad approached me making me aware and providing detail how Carrington Mortgage could give me different options on loans to help me financially. Chad gave me confidence and trust in making this decision. Thanks Chad N.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

My mortgage was purchased by Carrington back in August of 2021, I told this company that I was a 100% disabled veteran who tax exempt, I provided all my documents and even proof from the Dallas County Tax office, they told me that their analysis department will run a check and will let me know what my new monthly mortgage rate would be in 15 days. Well today I called because I'm still being charged the full amount and was told that in will take 90 more days. This is unacceptable to customers and and to the veteran community. I want all my over payments back.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

This "financial institution" legally obtained my loan. The first year they neglected to pay my property taxes. Some time later I was hospitalized and was unable to work for 6 months. I called, and emailed, begged and pleaded but was denied mortgage assistance even though they supposedly have a "Mortgage Asistance Program". They began foreclosure and I got a pay off amount. I had to be bailed out by my parents. I obtained a cashier's check and the next day the amount I owed went up another 500. No real explanation for this. I paid the full amount including the extra 500. I continue to make my payments on time for a over a year, but unknown to me, there was another 400 in fees not included or mentioned in any way during my phone calls and payments. That 400 ballooned into $1200.

I filed a dispute and of course they found no wrong doing. That $1200 was stolen from me. I continue to make on time payments except one week I made my payment 1 day too early and they took it as an additional payment rather than the monthly payment. As soon as I noticed this I called them. They said it would be taken care of, and was being sent to a manager. 4 months later I continue to get late fee notices and am told "It is sitting on a managers desk." I fully believe their plan is to keep ignoring me and hope I forget and just pay them more money. If your bank sells your loan to Carrington, refinance immediately! THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE SUED OUT OF EXISTENCE.

Original review: July 22, 2021

We have (unfortunately) been customers of Carrington for 6 years, for a rental property that we have. And everytime we have to have any communication with them, it's nothing but frustration. Customer service is literally the worst I've ever had to deal with. Avoid this company at all costs. They still require SNAIL MAIL AND FAX for communication and documentation. In 2021, in COVID times, you have to request by phone and then WAIT 3 days or more for documents to be mailed to you if you don't have a freaking fax machine (like normal people, who use email and online portals). It's like stepping back in time to 1995.

This last time when I was informed that I had to wait 3 days for them to put said document in the mail, even though I'm on a serious time crunch, the rep was unapologetic and rude, made no effort to help speed things along or find another solution. Which is their way. They don't give a flying crap about their customers. We'll be leaving Carrington soon, just to rid ourselves of this company, I will gladly pay a higher interest rate somewhere else.

Carrington Mortgage Services Company Information