Carolina Title Loans

Looking for a loan company?

Columbia, SC

Looking for a loan company?

Carolina Title Loans Reviews

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I did a signature loan with this company and the process was easy and fast. Jasmine did a great job explaining everything to me. My payments are automatically drawn from my account, which makes things very easy. One week, by error, my account was drafted twice and the second draft overdrew my account. When realized it, I called the office and Shanelle looked right into it. She saw what I was talking about apologized and corrected the problem. She even cut me a check for my overdraft fee. If that's not awesome customer service I don't know what is. I would recommend anyone to this place with this great staff.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Go to any bank with your title and the interest rate will be much much lower. This place is a scam and borderline illegal. They charged over 30% interest and a loan that was less than 50% of the value of the vehicle.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 2, 2015

Have been doing business with this company for 4 years. Started out well enough, made all payments on or before time and always paid more than what was due. Recently they had 2 IDIOTS start to work for them. I had a problem right away when I made my first payment to those 2. First, one of the dummies that answered the phone told me that they didn't take payments over the phone. That's funny. Have been making payments over the phone for years. "Oh" she says "Hold on." I waited 10 minutes and she came back to phone and took my payment.

Next STUPID THING WAS, they couldn't tell me what the interest rate per day would be for the payment. I'm not stupid, I know how it's supposed to work but it seems to go way over their heads. As you pay, the balance goes down so the amount of the interest should go down. Now for all of the smart people out there, this means, well I think it means for the next 30 days or less you should be paying only on the balance on the account, am I wrong? If I'm wrong someone please correct me because I’m at wit’s end. January through April the interest went up down up down. Weird huh, the balance goes down the interest goes up, what the heck is going on?

Okay everyone here's the kicker. Called April first to make a payment. They have two debit cards on file. I gave her the last 4 digits of the card I wanted to use. She said “Okay thanks. Oh no”, I said “Let me give you the full card number”. She got mad because she actually had to get up and pull my file out. I read the full account number to her then ask her to read it back to me, she read it back to me. Thought she was smart enough to use that card number but no she actually takes the time to pull out the other card and use that one.

Can anyone guess where I'm going with this? You would be right, I had checks being returned and nsf charges to the tune of 78.00. I called her but she was not the least bit concerned. Now people this is actually funny. "Not really" - she wanted me to pay her again with the card that I ask she use in the first place. This is after she told me that she couldn't return the money to the card of which now I am so in debt with overdraft charges and she would not be able to give me the money for the NSF charges nor would she call my bank and explain that it was her fault that she used the wrong card number. I really wish someone would tell me if I have any recourse to rectify this error!!!

Anyone interested in doing business with CAROLINA’S BEST Title Loans PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THEY ARE NOT A BUSINESS THAT CAN BE TRUSTED!!! Unless you have a lot of money you want to give away, but you wouldn't be there in the first place if you had a lot of money to burn now would you? And people you can have breast implants, face lifts, or liposuction BUT YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2012

This company is doing things that are illegal in South Carolina. It is a round robin scheme. They have a title loan business and a car sales business. So, they do a title loan. Later, if they have to repossess the car, they send it to "Whitey's" but it's a paper trail charade because the car comes back to them and they put it on their car lot and sell it for much more than was owed on the loan. Then, the books are cooked and money is being pocketed and not reported by the owner. They also accuse every employee of embezzlement and file it on their insurance to double up profit. This company needs to be investigated. There have been several ex-employees that saved records to cover themselves for the schemes they were instructed to do.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2010

In August of 2008, I wanted to honor promises to my 10-year old daughter to take her to Carrowinds. Because of the economy, I'd just restructured my business to a much smaller one-man operation and things were taking off very slow. I applied and received a title loan from Carolina Title Loans, Inc. To be sure that I could pay it back, I requested the minimum amount possible ($601) on my 2000 GMC Safari work van valued at $3,440. Unfortunately, one the day I made the loan, I went to jail for 3 1/2 months for bounced checks from my previous business.

Immediately after release, I contacted Carolina Title Loans and spoke with Courtney. I asked her would it be okay, because of my situation, to make my first payment in two weeks. She responded by informing me that they needed the account to be brought current in two weeks instead of simply making the first payment. I reminded her that I was just getting out of jail, starting back off with nothing and wouldn't be able to come up with that kind of money in two weeks. I further told her that I appreciated them loaning me the money and that I really wanted to work with them because of that fact; however, if they are insisting that I bring the account current, I would have no choice but to have it refinance through another company. She asked me to hold on.

After a couple of minutes, she returned to the phone and told me yes, it would be okay to start making payments in two weeks. Although, I was faced with many other financial struggles from being away for 3 1/2 months (home foreclosure, lapsed insurance, etc.), I came in to make my first payment two weeks later as promised. Will was there when I made my payment. My daughter was with me. I was still concerned with when they expected another payment from me.

After collecting my payment, I specifically asked Will, "So, I'm on a new payment schedule, right?” His exact response was, "Yes, we are going to work with you". As I was intensely juggling to honor all of my outstanding financial obligations, I prepared to make Carolina Title Loans a second payment 30 days after my first payment (January 18, 2010), then pay them off entirely on the next 3rd payment.

However, on the morning of Saturday, January 16, 2010, as I prepared to telemarketing for more business, I decided to walk outside. I found that my van was gone. Immediately, I knew that Will, Courtney, and Carolina Title Loans had not honored our agreement. I called to find out why. Both Will and Courtney started saying that they told me things that I promised was never said. Things like, "Our system doesn’t work like that," and "I told you that you needed to make a payment every week."

I use my van for work. All of my tools are in the van. I worked day and night to start generating calls to my business in order to repay Carolina Title Loans and my other obligations. I have quality advertisement coming out in a couple of weeks in the phone book, for which I'm obligated to pay $2,200. I can not benefit from this advertisement; yet, I still would be required to pay it. I can not accept any calls for work that I receive as of my van being wrongly repossessed, losing all potential income from that. I also use my van to get back and forth to school at Midlands Technical College. Without it, I'll miss my classes and get dropped, losing financial aid for this semester and any chances for financial aid in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carolina Title Loans?

Carolina Title Loans Company Information