4.67/5
  • 1 star
Based on 772 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is a privately held, full service national mortgage lender headquartered in Irving, TX.

The company originates loans through various channels and transaction types, and since its inception, grown its mortgage production volume while growing its servicing portfolio to over $75 billion.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 10, 2018

2209 Caliber Home Loans Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I heard about Richard ** and how good he is about loans and timeliness. I was a little skeptical about the comments but I wanted to give it a try and see how things could be with Caliber Home Loans. His experience and expertise doing stuff are unbelievable... Great personality, clearly defining terms and requirements, expectations and things that could happen during the loan process and then after the loan is granted... I could keep writing more things but just knowing you have a great loan officer with remarkable speed returning back to people with answers and documents and other legal process left me speechless. I will keep using Richard and Caliber Home Loans for the rest of my life... Great job Richard.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I dislike this company so much. I didn't choose them, but our loan was sold to them. They have poor customer service for one. Rude and dishonest. I am trying to refinance so I'm calling around. Figured I would see what my current company offers... Well first off he lied. Told me the fees are less than what he tried to get me to sign for. $3,000 WITHOUT an appraisal. As I was signing the edocs I realized they added 8,000 to my loan!!! He was charging me points without disclosing or asking me if I wanted to buy them. I'm so glad I caught that. I would rather give my business to someone else. I don't trust these guys.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Joan and her team were amazing yet again! It was an easy transaction and I felt respected and supported throughout the process. I enjoy hearing from them when I need to and not every day about little things. It allows me to focus on other things like family and work and not overwhelmed by daily tasks.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Benjamin ** at Caliber Home Loans made the difference! His professionalism and systematic way of guiding me through the process really stood out. His personal touch didn't make me feel like i was just another customer. I look forward to doing business with him again.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

The professionals that I worked with were always on top of everything. They made the entire mortgage process easy. Whenever I had any questions they quickly answered them, and we got our mortgage with absolutely NO issues. I would definitely recommend Caliber Home Loans to any Friends or Colleagues who are looking for a mortgage company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Steve at Caliber did an excellent job throughout the entire process - Communication is key when dealing with the new mortgage rules and Steve and his team exceeded my expectation. He was knowledgeable in his field and understood the process of not just the cookie cutter type loan or typical w-2 income. Most mortgage companies when you send them anything else besides a w-2 for income they have no idea what to do. I would highly recommend Steve.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

My first experience with Caliber was buying a weekend getaway for my family and Caliber made it so easy and stress free that we decided to trust them with the buying of our Primary home. Caliber did not disappoint. I'm a disabled veteran and doing a VA loan is normally one of the most difficult (more requirements) loan you could process.

Caliber and my loan official Jack ** were so knowledgeable with VA loans that was transparent and stress free for me and my family. We were ready to close within 20 days, making us really attractive to any seller and giving us an edge against other buyers. A week later from closing, I received a service member coin from Caliber thanking me for my service... (this just reaffirmed me that Caliber was aware who they were serving along the process). Highly recommended and will use them again for any of my financing needs. Thank you Jack and Team Caliber!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

At Caliber Home Loans our mortgage broker Luciano ** provided my wife and I with awesome service. Anytime we had questions about the loan process Luciano was available to answer them. Our broker was also very knowledgeable about all loan options which is why we were able to get the best loan for our situation. Caliber Home Loans is the way to go.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

My experience with Caliber Home Loans was absolutely amazing. They have streamlined the loan process and they keep the paperwork to a minimum. Patti ** is highly competent and kept me in the loop the entire time. Selling my home and buying a new home in another part of the state was stressful for me and Caliber Home Loans made the process very smooth. I will definitely use them in the future.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Jodie ** and Heather ** are the nicest, most helpful people we have ever worked with. We had worked with Jodie before to get a mortgage and refinance and we will continue to use her and tell friends about her in the future. Thank you for everything!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

My experience with Caliber Home Loans was positive and I am grateful I chose them to service my new mortgage loan. Shawn **, in Grand Junction, CO, was amazing and went above and beyond to help us complete this loan. I will highly recommend him to any of my friends who are in the market for a loan. Thank you so much!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

As first-time home buyers, we were totally new and intimated by the whole process, but we were lucky enough to have taken a "first time home buyers" class from Joshua **. We were very impressed with his knowledge on all aspects of home buying/shopping, his way of then communicating, and portraying that information that we decided after that class we wanted to work with him and Caliber Home Loans.

From our first sit down meeting with Joshua, he gave us valuable insight, suggestions, always made sure we understood everything, and that helped the process go extremely smooth. He identified for us issues that could potentially raise a red flag, or perhaps slow the process down that we would have otherwise not known about. He was also great at drawing on his past experiences as a first-time home buyer and sharing that information as we were learning everything for the first time and trying to process it all.

When the time came to pull the trigger on our now new home, it couldn’t have gone any smoother. Many days leading up to when we locked in all the details, Joshua was very communicative with us on the buying/selling market, its trends, and was able to lock us in at a great rate! From prior meetings and talk, we had most documentation already submitted, and Joshua’s assistant Kristen helped wrap up the last few things. She was equally as great to work with and between the two of them, they make a great team! Very professional, punctual in communication, and have a fun sense of humor that can take the edge off what can be a stressful time. Our closing was effortless and on time thanks to Joshua and his team at Caliber Home Loans.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

My husband and I had been looking to purchase our first home for a while. After a good number of months of being outbid on houses we loved we finally managed to lock one down. After getting into contract and spending weeks preparing all we needed to make the deal final we got some horrible news. The house we thought we were most definitely moving into wasn't going to be ours. The lender we had been working with (not Caliber at this time) came to us and said, "Sorry but it's not going to work." Already having heard many times that everything had already been accepted. So we had to drop this lender and deal with a few days of believing we weren't getting this house at all.

The realtor we were working with (Chuck ** with Keller **) suggested that we call his friend Dan at Caliber Home Loans. He told us they had worked together many times and he believed Dan could get it done. So we called Dan, presented our information and while it wasn't a simple process Dan ultimately got the job done. I have a job that doesn't pay me in a consistent way so proving my income was the difficult issue. But Dan wasn't going to just settle with, "Well looks like it just won't happen." His team was diligent in finding a way that worked and was willing to put in the work and exercise all options.

So now a month and a half after we had thought we would close on this home we are officially moved in. You know the saying, nothing worth having comes easy. That was this situation stated perfectly. It was easy, as I don't believe buying a house ever is but Caliber made it happen for us and that is what counts. I kept saying I wasn't going to believe it until the keys are in my hands. I have the keys now and we have spent many snowy cozy evenings in our new home. We are so thankful to Dan and his whole team at caliber. They not only got us this house but we also are paying a good rate on our mortgage. The whole process was open and informative and professional. We will be forever grateful.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Working with Caliber Home Loans was the best thing we could have done in obtaining our home loan. Dealing with Diego ** and Rodolfo ** was the best! The fact that they spoke Spanish and were always easy to communicate with was a big plus! They always answered our questions in a timely manner and always answered our questions when difficult to understand a matter! Thank you all for all you do and for helping us every step of the way! We love our home!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Jaime ** with Caliber Home Loans is the absolute best mortgage consultant I've met in my entire life! He's so meticulous and structures your loan properly from the start. The entire process from start to finish was an amazing experience. I can't thank Jaime ** and Caliber Home Loans enough! They made my dream home purchase a reality.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Doug's Team in California are amazing, they work so hard and always get back to you quickly as possible. Even after we were moved in I was surprised when in the mail we received two movie vouchers for the local theatre. I really was thrilled the little extras that Doug has done even after we moved into our house. As an added bonus he invited us for a private screening of the Movie: "Jumanji Welcome to The Jungle" we gladly accepted. Doug and his team Kristi and Teresa were there to personally greet everyone and hand out snack vouchers for a drink and Popcorn!!

Every time we talk Doug wears his heart on his sleeve and really CARES about people and always looking to help and be involved in the community any way he can. He is very heart centered and grounded, who would have thought someone that could care so much be in the mortgage business. If you want a hard working caring team to work up and do your loan you won't find better people to do it with.

I shopped around and just didn't get a good feeling from other banks/companies to handle my mortgage. I just felt like I would have been another transaction not a real person. So I'm ecstatic that Doug ** and his Team have my business. Would recommend everyone that I know to give business to Doug!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Lori ** and her staff at Caliber Home Loans are exceptional. My experience from end to end was great. They ensured that I was educated on the VA loan process, obtained all the documents I needed, and present during my closing. They were also available whenever I had additional questions or concerns. They were very attentive and detailed. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

As first time home buyers, Caliber Home Loans was very helpful in all stages of the home buying process. They came highly recommended by our realtor and it quickly became obvious why. We felt well supported and well informed through a complex process that was completely new to us. We also investigated with other local lenders, and nobody was able to beat the rates or service.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

The people you have who contacted me and worked with me were the best! I am hard of hearing on the phone. They took the time needed with me. Even when I called back to get help, again. Also walking me through computer signing papers which I never had done before. Some people who worked hard with me were: Claudia **, And Nupur ** Loan Processor. I am sure I missed someone.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Process was simple and hassle free. I was kept informed of the progress of my mortgage application regularly. All team members I interacted with were professional and courteous. On the day of settlement we had no issues and everything appeared to be in order.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

April was amazing. She has helped us with many homes. By far, she the best... honest, forthright and efficient! April will help you navigate the entire process. She is always available to answer any questions. Thank you again April. You are absolutely the best at what you do!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Caliber is very thorough, clear & proactive. They are always available at all times for questions. We ended up switching homes two days before closing on the original; Caliber was able to produce a quick closing a week later, with a holiday in the middle.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Mike ** and his team at Caliber did an excellent job working with us to create a loan that worked for our needs and got us into our new house. I would highly recommend this company to anyone that is shopping for loans!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

The customer service of Sherry ** was above my expectation. She was amazing. She was very thorough and explained everything. Best home buying experience I have ever had. If I needed her for anything she was there! Sherry you are AMAZING!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

The loan officer was very helpful and considerate towards my requirements. He tried his best, beyond his level to close the loan. We were able to close the escrow in time due to his diligent actions. I definitely recommend this loan officer to my other friends.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Best home loan service ever! Local service with great knowledge on the market. I was in town from out of the state during Columbus weekend and while all the banks were closed, I was on the phone with Hans on Columbus Day and he prepared pre-approval letter to go with our offer. After the offer was accepted, Hans worked with me and offered me various options to fine-tune our final mortgage plan. I highly recommend Hans ** and the Caliber team.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Kristina ** was very helpful during my refinance. She didn't pressure me to continue until I had everything like I wanted, which meant waiting over a month to proceed. She gave me a ton of options I didn't even know about as well. I truly felt she had my best interest at heart. She made sure she treated my time as valuable and was always prompt in her responses. Will definitely use her and Caliber Loans again.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

It was a long process but the team that was helping me made it smooth the whole way. They were very friendly and helpful. They treated me almost like family. Without them I would've never had my home. I would happily recommend them to friends and family who want to buy a house.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Ours was not a typical mortgage situation & Steve and his team did a great job of guiding us through the entire process. I'm not sure that we would've gotten through it without them. We look forward to enjoying our 2nd home for years to come. Thanks Steve.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Curt ** and his assistant Michael made our process as smooth and painless as possible. They were always willing to work with us, answer our questions and explain any part of the process or paperwork we didn't understand. I would definitely recommend them.

Caliber Home Loans Company Information

3701 Regent Boulevard
Irving
TX
www.caliberhomeloans.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use