Bank of America Credit Cards

Bank of America Credit Cards

3.3/5 (3394 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Bank of America Credit Cards

Bank of America offers mortgage loans nationwide and has lending specialists available online and at branch locations. If you’re searching for a mortgage loan, loan refinancing or a home equity loan, visit Bank of America’s website to apply.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Bank of America Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2012

Someone stole my identity and BOA accepted my $6000 deposit but they put it into the "other" person's account instead. Finally got that straightened out, but then the "other" person got a credit card under my name too and I filed all the necessary paperwork with the police, etc. However, though BOA wiped out my debt for the credit card in my name they turned the balance over to a collection agency in my name. Now I am getting demand notices for a credit card I never had. I cannot get this "other" me's balance off my credit bureau!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2012

I have been a customer of Bank of America credit card for six months. When I signed up, I noted in my mind their condition of no annual fees. I thought that was good. However, this last month, BoA kept sending me mails after mails saying I should use their "checks" to avoid the annual credit card fees. I wasn't too sure what this was all about and didn't have the time to call and check on this. The mails kept coming. I think I must have received like 4-5 letters on this same topic in less than a month. I finally got convinced that BoA credit condition was going to change and I might have to start paying annual fees. So I used their enclosed check to pay for my rent which I normally just have deducted from my checking account.

Today, I find this steep 'check transaction fee' being charged from my credit card. I called their customer service center to find this simple and totally not customer service answer, "Ma'am, we wrote it in those fine prints that there is going to be this transaction fee so we cannot waive the fee for you or even cancel that payment. By the way, we know we sent you all those mails about you having to avoid the annual credit card fees but actually you already signed up under a no-annual-fee condition so you just needed to ignore those mails because they were meant for other groups of customers. Thank you for your business with Bank of America and have a good day."

Right, have a good day? That was very unprofessional of them. I am a busy professional who do not have the time to read all that fine print. If your bank keeps sending you personalized mails after another, what are you supposed to think? Why do Bank of America send mails out to all their customers about the things that do not apply to them? My belief is that you can expect your bank to actually communicate to you versus just sending you junk mails. Apparently, I was wrong. Thank you, Bank of America. Keep doing what you do. You have just lost another customer.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2012

Last year, I ran up both BOA cards for $120,000 for some great investments. I paid them off in full, with no delinquency. BOA immediately dropped personal card credit limit to $3,000. Thanks, guys. So that's how you are. I ran up the remaining card to $70,000. I started paying down again. First $4,000, then the balance in the next month or two. As soon as I made that first payment, BOA closed both accounts, and demanded payment in full. Again, no delinquency, no warning. This kind of decision making boggles my mind, and makes me quite angry.

I still owe $65,000. Maybe I'll go delinquent for the first time, and let them beg for money. I can pay it, but you can't get any attention, unless you ** with their money. Yes, they can ** with my credit score, but at my age I don't really care. I had a minor issue with bounced transaction. I switched over to another account.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2011

I have a credit card account with Bank of America. I used the card for services from an online training company. The training was supposed to be for about 8 weeks, everyday for 1 hour. Along with that, when I registered for the training, the company in the receipt mentioned a satisfaction guarantee, or they will refund the money. After being in the training for 3 weeks, I was still not provided access to the training material. Also, the company that was providing the training disappeared. I tried contacting them numerous times through phone, as well as email, without any response.

I then initiated the dispute. The bank was willing to start the dispute, but during the dispute process, they did not contact me or ask me for my side of proof, which I could provide, and afterwards, they contacted me and said that the dispute is resolved in the vendor's favor. My issue is that in a dispute, both the parties has to present their case or proof, before you resolve the dispute. How can you resolve a dispute, with involving just one side, without contacting the other party for proof, as to why I am disputing the charge. In the meantime during the dispute, I went with another vendor, and received the training. My account was charged by the disputed vendor. I ended up paying twice for a service, which i should have paid for once.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2011

I have perfect credit history with B of A. I have 9 mortgages, 2 credit cards and a checking account. I have never missed or been late with any payment to B of A. I have never bounced a check or over drafted my account. I called and asked if my interest rate on my credit card could be reduced from the 10.99% I am currently being charged. They told me they would have to run my credit in order to make a decision. After running my credit, they saw that I am behind on several mortgages (none B of A) because I am in the process of loan modification. They retroactively lowered the line on one card by $9,200 and cancelled the other card. I am paying $2,000 off my card every month and am paying over $3,500 in principal payments on my mortgages and they are worried about me being a credit risk, come on. I am also a B of A Stockholder. Now, I know why my stock has lost so much.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2011

I filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy in January 2003 that included MBNA America. I received the discharge of debtor in June 2003 and I am once again getting a collection letter from Media Recovery Center (whose info is listed above) for this particular debt that was discharged. I am once again mailing off the bankruptcy papers that MBNA received back in 2003.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2011

I am an active online banker with BoA. As a protection to my checking account, I probably use their line of credit 2-3 times a year. I always pay it off immediately when I see a balance on the Account Overview screen. Now, who would think that over several months, a balance is quietly growing, interest charged that does not show itself on the Account Overview screen. Ding! My Excellent rating on my credit report is now down to a good, dinged 100 points due to what started out being 60 cents becoming $9 over time delinquent.

I consider that a complete act of fraud if it shows me I owe them nothing. And get this. The guy I spoke to today said that there is a notice on the site (couldn't find it) that says that figures may not be accurate. So for what? 4 months inaccurate? Give me a break. They said they recognized the problem with the AO screen and said they would fix it. Then they said today sorry, it wasn't their fault. Tough luck lady.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2011

I have been married for one month now. I called BoA to ask for a new card with my new name on it. All that is needed to be done, was print a new card! Unlike other credit card companies who congratulated me, they did no such thing, and if anything, were rude and not helpful. She proceeded to run my credit. I did not give any consent for her to do so. I don't think it is necessary to run my credit again. I pay my bill on time each month, and there are no problems. I even received a credit line increase in the beginning of this year! However, she told me that they were cancelling my account, and wanted to know exactly why I was late on two car payments this year? And because of this, they would no longer keep my account open!

I work, take care of my 2 year old son, go to school finishing my master's degree in education, and am a productive member of society. My husband is an active duty military, defending our country, yet I can't even have a credit card. That is pretty sad. Obviously BoA does not care about its customers, and will just cancel you without any attempt to help you. I will now close my checking/savings account, as well as my son's savings account with them. I hope they go under, and I hope everyone else heeds my warning, and does not do business with them. They do not know what customer service means. They just went ahead and closed my account.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2011

Calistoga, CA BoA. I went to apply for a secured card. How long will it be before I can use the money? 5-7 business days? Wrong. "Someone" ordered a second card, sent to the house, the bank could not explain why, maybe an employee "pushed the wrong button"? What? I made a payment on 12/8/11 taken from my bank, "applied" to my account, but I was not able to use funds. BoA's reason was a) I had used an "access check". No, I hadn't; b) "Fraud protection" was a third party holding funds and on and on.

I attempted on 12/15/11 to pay the vet $58 bill. Zero balance on my secured account, credit line $300 declined! How embarrassing. I spent hours on the phone, in the branch, and was promised funds would be available following day. They were not. I closed the account. The bank staff wrongly informed me that my credit would not have another "hit", wrong again. The Calistoga branch needs to be trained as to their product and rules.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2011

I purchased tickets on British Airways US web site with the BOA Credit Card and I got a foreign transaction fee (3%). The Bank of America fraud department declined the transaction at first and called me to confirm that I was making the charge but did not mention that the transaction was being made out of London and that a 3% fee will be charged. I called BOA and requested to add to my account profile to decline transactions processed outside the USA. BOA told me that such option is not available and that there is no way for them to know where the transaction is being processed until the fee is charged since it is done automatically. I believe consumers should have the right to know when a transaction fee is expected and to have the choice to decline such transaction. This is not beneficial for the credit card company since they are probably making a lot of money of unsuspected consumers such as myself. When I requested BOA CC an e-mail address or mailing address to provide my suggestion/feedback, I was told there was none.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2011

I have done business with Bank of America since 1996. I have several accounts with them savings, check, investment, 2 credit cards, etc. My B of A credit card account ** has had an $8,000 limit for quite some time. My credit is good (652), and I have never been late for any payments and I pay double the minimum amount due.

Yesterday, 12-15-2011, I was buying Christmas presents when I was declined. I found out that B of A reduced my credit line down to $200 over my balance, 10 days before Christmas. I called B of A credit department, David **, and was told there was nothing he would do for me... that I was S.O.L! They reduced my credit due high balances seen on some other cards from other companies (it's the freaking holiday!). I was not able to buy Christmas presents and I had to cancel my plans to travel home for Christmas. Thank you Bank of America for stabbing me in the back for Christmas! That's how B of A treats it customers! Like crap!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2011

I am deployed to Afghanistan as a civilian and converted over to BofA's "Green Paperless" method for getting my statements. I check my MasterCard statement to confirm the charges are correct before paying online. Currently and for the last two (2) days, BofA website will not provide my statement and says, "This new service will begin with your next statement. Please check this page again after your next statement closing date." I have been using this online statement service for months now and it is not "new." BofA, through their chat room (Connor), offered to send the statement by mail; however, by the time it arrives, I will most likely be late for my payment. Therefore, a consequence would be to pay for an unauthorized charge without recourse. BofA does not appear ready to resolve this situation except send me to phone answering machines that make it very difficult to talk to a real person.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2011

I have had a revolving line of credit with Bank of America since 1997 and have paid it faithfully every month, often paying more than the minimum. Out of the blue in Oct. 2011, I got a demand letter stating that the "loan" is maturing by 12/25/11 and I must pay the entire balance of $43,000 or I go into default! I have no such "loan" with B of A and the only docs they show is my application for this line of credit which is unsecured and their statement that they can change the terms anytime they want! I am furious and am not able or willing to come up with the full balance and want assistance. What can I do? I have been in communication with the Bank and they are still demanding this full payment.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2011

I am attempting to redeem my struggling credit after my divorce. I have attempted to keep up with the ridiculous fees I was incurring with my BOA credit card. It got to the point that it no longer made sense to do this, because there was no way I could get ahead and pay down the balance. I decided to turn to professional help with credit card consolidation, to get my credit back on track. I had previously spoken to BOA about making a monthly payment, and authorizing said payment, by giving them my checking account number for a specific future date.

Immediately after joining the credit consolidation program, I called BOA, and revoked the right for them to take the future payment set for withdrawal in 3 days. They said they were making a note, that I was stopping payment on the account because of consolidation. I thought the matter was taken care of and hung up the phone. I was told that paperwork would be sent to BOA from my consolidation company, which it was.

Days after my conversation revoking BOA's permission to take a $400 monthly payment from my checking, BOA took the payment anyway. I contacted BOA and told them what happened, and they said it would take 3-5 business days for the money to go back into my account. Once those business days passed and the money was still was not returned, I contacted BOA again. I was told this issue went to a special dispute division, and it would actually take 7-10 business days for the money to be returned, but it was pending, that my money would indeed, be returned to me.

Ten days later, the money still wasn't there. When I called BOA, they told me it was denied, because I was over my account balance. They completely disregarded the fact that they were no longer authorized to take the money from my checking account in the first place. I am calling BOA back, and speaking to a supervisor, and I would like to know what legal action, if any, I have the right to take. The consequences right now are that, I am out $400 that BOA doesn't plan on returning to me, while I'm trying to do the right thing, and get my credit back on track.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2011

A couple of weeks ago, my husband activated a new credit card. During that call, he was offered the option to transfer a credit card balance at which point he handed the phone to me. I decided based on the information presented to me by Cory ** that it made sense for us to transfer $5000 to his credit card. However, it was not disclosed to me that there was a $200 fee. We intend to pay off the balance before the end of year and had we kept the balance with American Express, we would have incurred lower fees in interest. I would have never agreed to this had I known there was a fee. I even asked if there were fees associated with an early pay off and was told there were no fees associated to the transfer.

I spoke to three different people at B of A tonight and no one is willing to reverse the fee. I have been a customer for 20 years; we have two mortgages with your institution, two savings accounts, two checking accounts one of which is a Prima account, and both of our children have savings accounts. We decided to stand by them during the debit card fee debacle, but I will take my business elsewhere if this fee is not reversed. I feel taken advantage of and deceived and am questioning their business ethics.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2011

I joined MBNA by applying and receiving an Amazon credit card. They have just increased their rates in the UK from around 17% to around 27%. In the UK, the Bank of England is lending to banks at 0.5%! I have told Amazon that this is very damaging for their brand and they should find another partner!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2011

I had an Iowa State University Alumni Bank of America credit card since 2006. The bank came up with a service fee in April and I called customer service and requested to cancel the card.

I had a balance which I had to pay and the customer service representative said the account was closed. But when I checked the account, there’s a service fee charged and the reason was that I used the card on the 5th of April (service fees was charged on 21st of April). Bank of America told me that I have to pay a yearly service fee even if I want to cancel the account.

It is my view as a customer that if you do not like a service, then you have all the right not to go on it with. What I do not understand is why the bank does not admit that it was their fault that they did not inform me about the "service fee" on top of the balance that I had to pay when I closed my account. Alas! I thought my account was closed after the customer service representative told me, “Thank you for your business with Bank of America since 2006.”

Bank of America has put a listing on my credit that shows a negative balance. I did not even log into Bank of America nor did I receive a mail after I canceled the account.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2011

I have good credit. I have 2 credit card accounts with Bank of America, for which I have had for 10 years, and I am never late on payments. I have never had more than $4,000.00 outstanding credit on the two cards combined. The total credit available between the two cards is $19,000.00. Five months ago, my wife and I moved to another state and we charged up the two cards to about $17,000.00.

Ten days ago, we paid $16,000.00 for the balance on the cards. Today, I went to use my cards and they were rejected by the merchant. I believe the merchant said they were "invalid accounts". I was shocked. I called Bank of America immediately and they told me that the accounts had been closed and that a reason was sent out in a letter to me two days ago, which I have yet to receive. So much for being a responsible, worthy customer for over 10 years. Does anyone know why this might have happened? I am furious and I will need to go to the bank on Monday morning to find out why.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2011

This is for Mr. Andrew ** of Bank of America El Toro-Trabuco Banking Center branch. This letter is to express my disappointment and the embarrassment you have created me. Your customer service is not acceptable to the way you treated Mrs. ** that was with me to cash out my check from your bank branch on Monday, October 17. You were rude. You disrespected me by refusing to cash out my credit card check that was prior approved by the credit department.

The contract agreement to cash out the check does not specify that Mrs. ** could not cash out the check. You asked Mrs. ** if she had account with Bank of America. Because she said no, you simply denied cashing out my check. And you told her that you would not give her the money unless she would open an account with you. That sounds like distortion to my point of view. Furthermore, you made me sign the check to myself, so the bank would charge me 19% of interest instead of the 0% of interest. To make it clear, the check has contract of promotional rates that does not specify that Mrs. ** could not cash out the check. You made your own rules by preventing her to obtain the money.

You knew my repeated conversation with the credit card department and the approval I got. I called them (credit card department) on Friday, Saturday, and Monday prior to flying out to Orange County from San Francisco. I was 100% sure that it was approved. And I was told that all I had to do was to go with Mrs. ** to the bank and sign the check to her name, so she would cash out the money. Instead, you manipulated the conversation repeatedly. You told me to sign the check to my name so I could cash out the check or force Mrs. ** to open an account to cash out the check. You also told her to go to her other bank if she didn't want to open an account with you and cash out the check at her bank. You knew that she needed the money immediately. You told her that her bank would cash it out, which was not entirely true. It usually takes few days for the other bank to process the check.

Yesterday (Wednesday, October 16) I once again called the credit card department and spoke with the supervisor. To my surprise, he said that you could cash the check out to Mrs. **. Whatever motivation you had to act in such disrespectful, abusive, and a non-professional way, I feel that it is not acceptable. I am with the Bank of America as customer for many years. I will report you to higher authorities and make sure this e-mail will be delivered to the TV media (7 on my side and CBS customer care).

I wasted time and was embarrassed. And you took advantage of me by making me sign a check to my name so I would pay higher interest, knowing that I needed the money since I traveled from so far to purchase a car there in Orange County. It was all explained before to the credit department and approved prior to my trip. Despite the attempt I made to show you the contract of promotional rates from Bank of America of 0% interest of cashing out money, you made no interest to read. You pushed it away from your desk towards me by giving it back to me and ignoring to read it. The conclusion is that you violated the Bank of America promotion of lower interest. You disrespected me and Mrs. **. You tried to force Mrs. ** to open an account in order to cash out the check. You forced me to sign the check to myself so I would pay higher interest. Shame on you!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2011

I have two Bank of America credit cards. One of these cards (Card 1) was paid off in full, and the other (Card 2) had a large balance on it that was a balance transfer (I have been making payments on it). Someone who had access to my home took Card 2 for a short time and used it without my knowledge or consent. He then returned this card, probably after finding out that the card was nearly maxed out. But he took Card 1 and began to use it, also without my knowledge or consent.

Somehow, the thief, being a computer wiz (and also having built my computer), got into my account online for Card 1 and changed the billing to online only. Since I had this card paid off, and wasn't receiving a bill, I had no way to know that he was using it. I finally received a letter from BOA almost a year later, informing me of some suspicious activity on my account. It was when I called regarding this letter that I found out that the card had been stolen and used, with a balance of over $4,000. I told them that I had never used the card and that it had been paid off.

When I found out later that week who was the probable thief, I contacted BOA and they said that they would look into it. They later told me that because the card activity was in my area, and that the payments had been made from my checking account, they were not going to recognize it as fraud. Yes, I also found out that the thief had obtained my checking account information from a check that I had paid him for computer service, and had been making phone payments to the card he took and was using.

This allowed him to use the card for a longer period before being caught. If payments hadn't been made, the card would have been frozen by BOA. A police report was filed--the police followed up and received a confession from the card thief. I informed BOA of this confession, but they still refused to accept this as fraud. I have spent many hours speaking to associates of BOA, sometimes thinking, after I have spoken to an individual, that this will finally be recognized as fraud--but the answer is always no.

Most often, I have spoken to associates who were very rude to me and made rude statements before they even looked at the history of conversations that had taken place regarding the fraudulent use of this card. I was told that the police department had to call them, and they provided me with a phone number that was for "law enforcement only." I provided the detective on the case with this number, who later told me that he had tried every day for a week to reach someone using this number. But each time he called, the person he needed to talk to was not available at that time.

He did this every day for another week. A few weeks later, he got the same results. Each time he was told this by a BOA fraud department associate, he was told that the person that he needed to speak to would return his call. But none of his calls were ever returned. In the meantime, late fees and interest continue to pile on top of the original fraudulent charges, making the current balance over $5,000. Hopefully, this incident is not ruining my credit. I did go through the necessary things with the credit bureau when I found out about this fraud, so, hopefully, they keep any complaints from BOA separate and they won't affect my credit.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2011

Hello, my name is Michelle **. I have a visa debit card with Bank of America. I lost my card and reported it lost and stolen on September 26 through the automated system. I believe then on September 28th, I noticed it overdrawn with $21.50 and $2.00 removed. I was watching my account because I was waiting for a new card. I immediately called again to Bank of America to speak to live representative. I verified that they received my request for a new card. She advised they did. I asked to change my account number, because I don't know how they managed to take money out. She told me that my debit card number is different now and will be coming in mail, that it's not needed. Then, she transferred me to the department for me to dispute charges and withdrawals.

They said they will investigate. Well, I never received credit, which they suggested that I would get, or any mailing from them for me to sign. I did not realize it because like they said, my account is okay, there's no need to change bank account number. On October 16th, 2011, I got an email alert from Bank of America that read my account fell under 25.00 dollars. My stomach is sick because I knew something had to be wrong. What I feared happened, because my account number was not changed as requested. Both my child support check and job check were gone.

I called them yesterday, on 10-15-11, to hear that they don't know why I have a negative $999.00 on my account. I called back again. I got a different call center in England. The supervisor told me that someone deposited a fake money order in my account and I'm liable to pay the money back. And my checks that I deposited went to paying some of the money. I need help. I have to talk to someone tomorrow Monday when they are open. I thought I was protected. The bank failed me. The visa logo got to stand for something. The man from Bank of America said that's a scam that's happening. I can be reached at **. Please reach out to me. I feel this is the bank's fault. I paid bills and I did not know that this was not my money.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2011

I signed up for a Bank of America e-banking's no-annual-fee credit card. Within the first year, they sent me a letter voiding my contract and applying a number of fees, which is also telling me that they were for my own good. Outside of this one letter voiding my contract, the bank refuses to acknowledge the type of credit card I have or the legitimacy of my contract having ever existed. They still currently offer an e-banking no annual fee credit card, on their main website.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2011

When the crash happened in December 2009, I had about 150,000 miles. Bank of America decided to cancel all my credit cards. I had done nothing wrong, and was in complete compliance. Then, because they canceled them, they took away all my earned miles, and won't give them back.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2011

I had transferred a balance over to my Bank of America credit card when they offered me 3.9% financing for life. I had always paid on time and I have stellar credit. After a month, Bank of America processed my payment (online payment) for the entire amount of the account instead of the monthly payment. Of course, I did not have this amount in my checking account so it bounced. Bank of America said that I entered the entire amount into the payment box. I assured them that there was no possible way for me to enter the full amount in the box. It was the only time that I did not keep a record of my payment. I called them immediately when I saw what had happened. Everyone I dealt with said something different. Then they raised my rate (of course). I believe that Bank of America entered the amount fraudulently so that they could raise my rate. If anyone else has had this same problem, please post.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2011

I have had an MBNA credit card since 1993 (18 years). Recently, my account was closed without my permission. The account is/was in good standing and I am the only authorized user.

I have attempted to contact them by phone and chat messages, without any results. I have been told the customer service representative who closed the account must have made an "error". No one will tell me how another application will impact my credit.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2011

I had a credit issued by Wachovia in the mid 1990's. The card had a 3.90% fixed APR with a $100 annual fee in lieu of a higher interest rate. The card was subsequently taken over by MBNA. I never had any problems with this card until Bank of America got this card in the late 2000, perhaps 2007 or so.

I always made my payments on time and kept a balance on this card because of the low interest rate. Bank of America then changed the terms of my account to a variable interest, which at the time made it 19.99% and kept the $100 annual fee. They never gave me a chance to opt out and pay the balance off under current terms as required by law.

I had at least 3 disputes filed against my statement, which they never responded to. They also began to harass me, in my opinion. I raised a big stink about it with online customer service, as well as phone customer service. They also began to harass me, in my opinion.

They did this primarily by disabling my ability to pay online, resulting in my getting charged late fees. I went to sign on to pay and they had disabled it. Another tactic they used was to purge my payment account information. Sometimes when I would sign on, they would have purged my checking account information and I was unable to pay.

I finally got fed up and just angry and told them I would not pay the balance if they did not address the issues. I have it all documented, including copies of my mailing receipts for the disputes and even screenshots on the disabled online payment screen. Needless to say, they never addressed the issues and I stuck to my guns and didn't pay, thus resulting in a charge off of the account.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2011

I called and told Bank of America that I was getting behind on my payments and told them I wanted the account closed and a repayment plan to pay off what I owed. The account was closed and a 5-year repayment plan was set up for my credit card with $130.00 monthly payments at 6.75% APR. I told them I couldn't afford this high payment, that I was barely making ends meet. They would not budge. So each month, the money is taken out of my checking account.

Recently, I was told that instead of paying back a credit card, I'm paying on a loan. The statements reflect the credit card with a credit limit of $7,000. I'm in my 28th month of the the 60 months and there is no way this is going to be paid off in 5 years. I thought they could at least do a Balance Liquidation program with a lower payment and 0% APR. I don't know what kind of program turns a credit card into a loan to help pay a debt off. Their Credit Counseling wanted $269 a month which was worse and I didn't go through that.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2011

Bank of America's Credit Card Services might want to change their name to Bank Against America. The kind of business that they are conducting seems to come from someone who does not care about people at all. The people that run "BOA" seem to be trained by our enemies so that little by little the American people will feel so hopeless that they can't even count on their credit when paper money is not available. I can't even remember when I opened my first account with BOA, but it was a long time ago. They were the nicest people. My credit was great and I had just started my first job.

As the years went by and things changed, as with many people such as divorce, loss of wages, etc., I keep paying at least the minimum. This last year, I was able to pay off the balance on one of my BOA credit cards and guess what, they closed my account. They stated that they, the people in BOA, take a proactive approach to reviewing their customers' accounts which includes an assessment of account history, current economic trends, and a copy of the credit report. They used TransUnion's credit score and stated that since my account has been inactive and I had a serious delinquency or collection filed, they would no longer authorize any further transactions. And that was that. I have 4 negative marks in my credit report, which is a lot less than a lot of people I know. In addition, if they are using that against me, why didn't they close my other BOA credit card? I truly believe that we don't need terrorists to do damage Americans because these credit card company's are already destroying Americans a little at a time!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2011

I had been on R&R while deployed from Afghanistan. I went to Athens, Greece for two weeks. The merchant there forged my name on six credit card slips for a total of 25,000.00. Yes, it was 25k. The combat pay I earned for getting shot at everyday was gone. BOA has refused to reimburse the money since I dealt with this merchant once. They don't believe that forged signature is fraud under their current policy. Go figure. That is why they are going under. After complaints to several government agencies, BOA now puts the blame on Visa. Visa blames BOA. Just more powerful, billion dollar corporations are screwing the middle class. I have since moved a majority of my money out of BOA for fear that anybody can steal from your account via a debit card. And BOA's attitude is oh well!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2011

Bank of America refused to give the names of the merchants who use specific Merchant Category Codes for cashback of groceries and gas. Merchants don't know what I am asking when I ask for their codes. In other words, Bank of America offers cashback, but we have no idea which stores or gas stations qualify. No person in his right mind would sign up for this new (07/2011) 1-2-3 card they are now promoting. I called the office of the CEO in Phoenix and she said no list of merchants they do business with exists and to just watch your statement to see if one of the numbers turns up. I call this a crap shoot. The **!

Bank of America Credit Cards Company Information