Bank of America Credit Cards

Bank of America Credit Cards

3.3/5 (3394 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Bank of America Credit Cards

Bank of America offers mortgage loans nationwide and has lending specialists available online and at branch locations. If you’re searching for a mortgage loan, loan refinancing or a home equity loan, visit Bank of America’s website to apply.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Bank of America Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2012

I had a Bank of America credit card since 2000. The last time I used it was 2004, until I had a notion to rent a car to take a trip with my family. On June 23, 2012, I activated the card by calling the number on the sticker affixed to the card. I followed all the prompts and a recorded message told me my account was activated. Then on July 12 I tried to make a reservation with the card for the collision damage waiver benefits and the card doesn't go through. I called and a recorded message told me my account was closed. My credit report received today says the account was closed by me, but if I wanted to use the card for a car rental, I would not cancel the card. Bank of America canceled the card after I activated it and sent no notice nor gave any reason why.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2012

I have been in business for 20 years and have had 2 credit card accounts with BofA with limits of $100K each. They are used as the primary card by some of my vendors, sales reps and system servers as well as purchasing. Some of my charges with a shipping are very large and they charge the card automatically every Friday. I pay the card in full within the next week to leave room for the next week's activity. Three weeks ago, my shipping bill exceeded my credit line and the charge was denied, My vendor called and I was able to split the charges to separate charges. Since that time, I have not been able to access my account online, only to be told that it was an internal problem and they did not know when it would be fixed.

Charges continued to go through but I was not able to track them. On September 6, it seems that the problem had resulted in account closure without any explanation. I called Customer Service, the Credit department and Balance Control unit all referring me to phone a number 980-386-8908 (Account Closure Special unit). This number is a recording only stating, "Your account was closed due to bank policy," no further reason was given. I am truly unaware of any reason for this action with credit scores at 798-810. I also have 2 Merrill stock accounts with large holdings. There must be a mistake here. Any further advice would be helpful.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2012

Bank of America refusing to help resolve fraud charges - My elderly mother had two Bank of America cards. Because she has no access to the internet and did not realize charges were shown on the back pages of her statements, she missed the fact that a company, Innovative Wealth Builders of America, double dipped into both of her B of A credit cards in one month to a total of over $3,000 in fraudulent charges. B of A never alerted my mother to these charges even though the most she ever charged on either card before and after that point has been $200 at Walmart at a local store. When the fraud was discovered, she reported it to the local District Attorney who advised her to call up and cancel the cards, so that Innovative couldn't keep billing fraudulently.

After that, she contacted B of A to alert them to what happened and is now being told that B of A can do nothing since she canceled the cards. Even though at the time she canceled the cards, she told B of A personnel exactly why she was canceling the cards. Instead of offering her a different solution and telling her they'd help her, B of A: (a) stayed quiet about clearly fraudulent charges that they should have alerted my mother to right away and then, (b) allowed my elderly mother to cancel the cards knowing why she was canceling the cards and saying nothing until afterwards about the fact that if she canceled, they couldn't help her get the money back.

They could have offered to cancel her current cards, sent her new cards and helped her remove the fraudulent charges. In doing so, they would have kept her business and mine since I've been a customer of B of A for over 25 years (back when they were Security Pacific), but I am now so disgusted by their treatment of an elderly woman who just isn't that tech savvy simply to gain a few sleazy fraudulent dollars in payment from a woman who we found out was going without air conditioning in 100 plus degree weather while trying to pay off an ever increasing fraudulently charged credit card. If she hadn't mentioned something to me, her daughter, who lives in another state, we likely might only have heard about this all after my mother landed in the hospital broke and dehydrated or worse.

Shame on you, Bank of America. You were more than happy to keep letting fraudsters rack up phony charges on an elderly woman's credit cards while she placed herself physically at risk trying to pay your lousy cards off, only to turn your backs on her when she asked for help. Congratulations. This report will hopefully cost you more lost business and I now understand why so many people out there told me to leave B of A when I defended them as a good company. Boy, was I wrong on that one.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2012

I made a $1,200 payment and they hassle me for more. I've been trying very hard to pay off my Bank of America credit card. They have worked with me to reduce interest and make a payment I can afford. Now that the economy is better, I'm able to get ahead. So, I made my regular payment of $284 and then made a $1,000 payment. What do I get? A phone call where I'm hassled for $704. Talk about poor customer service. I will never do business with Bank of America again.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2012

I paid off my account in full. This is after closing my checking/savings account, also with B of A. After receiving my payment, they closed my credit card account without warning. This has reduced my available credit and negatively impacted my FICO score. I have never missed a single payment on any of my outstanding credit ever in my life. They say they are "reviewing" my account and will get back to me in 48 hours. The account that they closed has a very low APR.

Original review: July 29, 2012

I sent a $25,000 check to Bank of America to pay off my credit card account. Eight days later, it still hadn't been cashed and I was still being charged interest. I went online and paid the account in full. At the same time, I stopped payment on the mailed check. Bank of America charged my account a $25 stop payment fee even though they had my money paying the account in full before they sent the check through for payment. I called Bank of America to have the charge removed. My accountant spoke with Vania **, a customer service representative. Ms. ** refused to remove the charge, and without a word regarding what she was doing, Ms. ** cancelled my credit card. I am the only one authorized to cancel my card and I hadn't been in contact with anyone at Bank of America to authorize this action. An employee of my business attempted to use the card approximately half hour later and it was declined. This is how I found out my card was closed.

I contacted Bank of America. At first, I was told a supervisor was conducting an internal investigation regarding Ms. **'s behavior. Conversations were held with customer service reps Thomas, Lyn, Mario, Christy and Jan, a supervisor. They stated several times Ms. **'s behavior was unauthorized and inappropriate but they refused to correct her action of closing my account. I was told this was not an action they could reverse. However, they did reverse her decision of not removing the $25 penalty. I had owned this credit card for several years and was in excellent standing. I was never late with a payment and had an extremely high line of credit. This situation was handled very unprofessionally. My account should never have been closed or charged an erroneous $25 fee. I was told the only way to reinstate my account was to reapply like a new customer. I had just paid my card in full and I believe that is why the account was closed. They were not currently earning any interest.

Original review: July 19, 2012

I sent payment with a coupon to Bank of America to pay my credit card. They cashed the check but did not apply it to my card. I have gone to the local bank and sent copies of cashed check and bank statement. (You cannot read their stamp.) They could not find the deposit on their end and wanted me to tell them what they did with the money. They refused to credit my card for the money I paid.

Original review: July 17, 2012

MasterCard switched from World Points - Bank of America switched our account from World Points to Cash Rewards, thus having us forfeit hundreds of dollars’ worth of points. They claim that this was our request. It was not. I merely called to activate a card. Further, when we got a letter warning us that we were being switched, we called and said under no circumstances do we want to switch. The representative assured us that we would not be switched. They have a record of this call. It seems to us BoA is running some sort of scam to force customers to switch. We have contacted the Missouri Attorney General’s office and they assured us they would investigate.

Original review: July 16, 2012

I recently put a vehicle into a shop for repair. The shop was unable to repair the vehicle and replaced numerous parts. When I arrived to pick up the vehicle, they had already disposed of the parts removed from my vehicle. I paid with a BoA credit card. Upon taking the vehicle to another repair shop, they diagnosed the problem. According to the new shop, there was no need to replace all the parts that were replaced.

I attempted to dispute the charge to the first shop with Bank of America. They would only dispute the charges if the second shop would put in writing that the parts did not need to be replaced. The second shop stated they believe they didn't need to be replaced, but without testing they could not affirmatively state they did not need to be replaced. Bank of America requires that they unequivocally state the parts were not bad. I am not a willing Bank of America customer. They demonstrated long ago that they kept faulty records and were difficult to deal with. Clearly, in this instance there is no way to get the information they deem necessary. If the parts were available, you know I would have them tested.

Original review: July 11, 2012

I had a 5-year mortgage with Wells Fargo. When the term expired, Wells Fargo erroneously reported the whole mortgage balance due as a late monthly payment.

Immediately, Bank of America reduced my credit limit on several cards from $30,000 to $500. After a year of restructuring the mortgage and correcting reports at all 3 major credit reporting agencies, Bank of America still has not restored my credit limit. Who at Bank of America do I contact to get this resolved? Or do I need to go through bank regulatory agencies? Which ones? Thank you for advice in getting this resolved. I would close the accounts and go elsewhere, but have been advised that would adversely affect my credit score.

Original review: July 7, 2012

We have been a customer for years and I even make multiple payments per month. I received a $30 late fee not realizing I did not pay. I called to have it removed as a courtesy and was told that there was nothing they can do. What poor customer service. They are willing to lose a 12-year customer who always pays on time and multiple times per month over $30. I will never use that card again. Check out Discover - they have much better service!

Original review: July 2, 2012

I had the same problem twice in a matter of three months. I bought something worth about $5.00 on credit and BofA was the bank this company was using as their credit lender. A month later, I transferred the balance to a different credit card and sent BofA an amount larger than the pay-off was. And about 2 weeks later, BofA refunded me the extra. But then about a week after that, I got a statement from them that I owed them about seven dollars. I ended up sending them that amount. And it just happened again with them. This time it was for a dollar and fifty cents, even though the statement says it was zero dollars on interest. The bottom line showed up as "minimum interest charged: $1.50". I hope they do not do the same next month. I will pay a lawyer a thousand dollars before I give them another penny. Maybe even go bankrupt if I have to.

Original review: June 30, 2012

My card was charged by a business and it was a fraudulent charge. The money should be credited back into my account. It is for $625. I sent in all the documentation but no one will help me. They were just jerking me around over and over again. I was on hold for an hour each time I call. I dealt with the fraud department and was told it would be taken care of. It has been six months and I want my money back on my card. I have a 2 year old and I need this money. This is insane.

Original review: June 3, 2012

This is the second time this has happened to me! I scheduled an online $100 credit card payment on my BOA card. When I looked at my account activity, I saw that they had ran the payment through as a $10,000 payment! My bank charged me two $27 late fees. This is the second time this has happened! The last time, they said no way, no how it was their fault, that I had to have scheduled a $10,000 payment. They don't make mistakes. Well, I didn't schedule a $10,000 payment and I knew it. After a lot of talking, they agreed to give me a partial refund on the fees I was charged.

Looking at my account activity today and again, I see late charges! Huh? Once again, they ran a scheduled $100 payment as $10,000! My balance was under $1,500. This is insanity! I called and the lady took off all the fees and told me they can make a mistake. She said, "I won't lie to you. We can make a mistake." So, I was lied to the last time! Do they do this to people on a regular basis? Make $9,900 mistakes more than once?! Very unprofessional! Very. I am paying off my balance ASAP and closing my account. So angry I could spit nails.

Original review: May 31, 2012

I have been with Bank of America for over 20 years. I have a checking, savings, mortgage, and several credit card accounts with them and I have never missed one payment, not even a late payment. I am constantly receiving balance transfer offers from them and over the last 4 years, I have called twice to take advantage of the said offer. But both times instead of allowing me to take advantage of my pre-approved and solicited (on their part) balance transfer offer, they have instead reduced my credit limits to exactly what I owe.

Now, keep in mind that I am one of their very best customers with an impeccable payment history of over 20 years. Bottom line, B of A has absolutely no customer service skills and they treat all of their customers like dirt. Do not bank here if you want to be treated like a customer. I will be closing out all of my accounts over the next few months! Another unsatisfied B of A customer. At least they are consistently awful.

Original review: May 30, 2012

My BOA credit card was "compromised" according to customer service and new cards with new numbers were issued. The problem is they contacted the Experian and Equifax telling them I lost my card and it became a negative on my credit report. When I called customer service, she told me, "Too bad, there is nothing you can do about it. That's the way it gets reported." A problem with the bank security should not show up on my credit report!

Original review: May 28, 2012

I have been a Bank of America Visa signature cardholder since 2001. Bank of America issued me a new Visa signature card last month, April 2012. On May 19, 2012, I noticed that I could no longer access my Bank of America credit card account online. I do e-billing with my bank and wanted to submit my monthly payment which is due on June 4th, 2012. I was offered an online chat and asked for assistance. I was told that they could not provide an answer to my inquiry and said someone would be in touch with me regarding my account.

I heard nothing from the Bank of America, so I called customer service on 5/22/12. I spoke with two individuals, neither could tell me anything except that I no longer had a credit card account with Bank of America. I was shocked given the fact that I was just issued a new card the previous month. When I asked for more information, they told me none was available. The only information they gave me was a place called SAC and provided me with a phone number, 855-222-2130, which gave only one option to report a lost or stolen credit card - there was no option to speak with a customer service representative. I was not notified that my Bank of America account was being terminated and given to another company. I searched SAC online and finally was able to find a "contact us" link. I sent an inquiry regarding my account. Within fifteen minutes, I received a phone call and an email reply. I was notified that SAC did not have any account information under my name. They advised that I contact Bank of America and inform them.

I called Bank of America back and explained what I had just been told by SAC. I spoke with an additional two individuals and was on hold for approximately 30 minutes throughout the duration of an hour phone call. I was not provided with any information about what banking institution now has my credit card account with a balance of approximately $1000. My payment will be due on 6/4/12, and I do not know who to pay. I do not want to be charged a late fee, nor do I want my credit rating to be negatively impacted by this. I consistently pay my bill on time and in full through e-billing. No one has been able to help me obtain any information that I feel is rightfully mine. I can pay my balance on time, I just do not know who it should be paid to. I have only one credit card and I now feel vulnerable to use it, not knowing what bank is holding my card.

I am requesting any help at all regarding what is going on with my credit card account. I am in good standing and do not want to be delinquent with a payment. I also feel I have the right to know more about the new holder of my account to evaluate any new terms, interest rates, etc. I was not provided any information about the change, as Bank of America provided me with a new card as recently as April 2012. I am thoroughly disappointed in the way that Bank of America was unable to help me and essentially told me to, "Wait it out." Because I have received no information or useful help, I have put my concern in writing to the Bank of America. I have filed a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I have even contacted places I have recently completed financial transactions with to request information, if they could tell what bank holds my credit card. I simply want some information, nothing more. Thank you for your time and any assistance you can provide to me.

Original review: May 25, 2012

I ended up with this debit card through AT&T overcharging me by the amount of $100.00 and so far out of 4 attempts to use this thing (and 2 phone calls), it's only worked once. I suppose AT&T could have sent me a check for the amount but I guess that's just too low tech for them. However, had they sent me a check, I would have simply gone to the bank and cashed it. I wouldn't have to go online or wait on hold to activate it or to check the balance, or have to carry the amount of money on me anyway because of its unreliability, or have a four-page pamphlet with rules and regulations telling me how to use this thing. And my friends wonder why I've never had a credit card and I never will!

Original review: May 13, 2012

I have had a checking/savings account with BOA since 1997. I just recently also opened up a small business account. I have had a credit card with them since 2008 that I have never defaulted on. I went to use my credit card online today and noticed that it had expired at the end of April 2012 and that I didn't have a replacement card. Little did I know that my husband had somehow put it in what we deem as my "junk mail drawer" to go through. Anyway, I called BOA for a replacement card not realizing that I had actually been sent a new one. The customer service rep verified on the phone that my replacement card had been mailed to me back on 2/17/12, but he could see that it had not been activated. He said he was going to send me a replacement card, but needed to "update my personal information", which I thought was kind of strange. He started inquiring as to my current income, place of employment, length of employment, did I have a mortgage, etc. I even asked him what relevance his questions had with issuing me a replacement card and he responded by saying that he was just following procedures and was required to update my information.

Then, he said he would transfer me to another person who would tell me when I could expect my replacement card, which I found to be even stranger yet! When I spoke to this new lady, she asked me how she could help me! I explained to her that according to the man who had just transferred me to her, that "she" was supposed to be the one telling me when I could expect my replacement card. She proceeded to "drill" me, asking me if I planned on paying off my credit card balance. Please keep in mind that I have never defaulted on my credit card in four years, although I have not been able to ever get it down to a zero balance either. I explained to her that I would not be able to pay it off anytime soon and she was asking me the reason(s) behind my current financial situation. This went on and on for about 15 minutes, with her drilling me about my current financial status. Apparently, I had a credit report pulled without my consent or knowledge today and they now deemed me as "not credit worthy", even though they had sent me another card back in February 2012.

The lady actually refused to issue me a new card after having my account in excellent standing with BOA from 2008 to present! I was absolutely flabbergasted at "how" they could do this to me! I even asked the lady to explain to me "why" in February they had sent me a card - what had changed with my credit from February to May 2012? She was totally unable to answer my question satisfactorily. I ended up not speaking too kindly to her, stemming out of my sheer frustration with her not answering my questions, and then ended up hanging up on her. When I did locate my replacement card that I didn't know I had, I tried to activate it; but of course by this time, I get transferred to a live person again! I guess had I found the card in my "junk mail drawer" in the first place and simply activated it, all would be good and I would still have an active credit card account with BOA.

I went into an actual branch and the lady there verified that I now had a "block" placed on my credit card. She tried to be polite, but was not helpful at all. I ended up filing a written complaint with her that she said she would "forward onto their credit card department!” How can BOA seriously do this - just take away a credit card I have faithfully paid on and that has been in good standing for four years? Why was a replacement card issued in February of 2012 and then denied three months later? I opened up a checking account today at a local credit union and as soon as I can, I am moving everything totally over to them.

Original review: May 9, 2012

I became 3 months past due on my account. I caught up the payments and am current on it now. I was going to use the card recently and it was declined. When I called Bank of America, I was told it was closed because my payments had gotten behind. It would have been nice if they had informed me the account was closed when it was done instead of finding out about it when I tried to use it. I'll never deal with BOA again. It was my fault for getting behind, but I should have been notified the account was closed. When I view my account online, there is nothing indicating the account was closed. Bank of America sucks.

Original review: May 2, 2012

Apparently, Bank of America has stopped making their translucent AmEx cards. They have no customer redress/feedback process for it and therefore no way to see what customers want. After I lost my card, I tried to get the exact same replacement (albeit, in such cases, with a new number). This is what is offered on their own website: MyExpression Banking, Colleges and Univs, UMich. And after 5 calls and 3 wrongly issued cards, they finally tell me the product I want is no longer made by them. That took 2 months. Another friend got it only a month before I ordered my replacement on my recommendation because he liked them so much. It’s not only a most irritating ordeal, but it showed that the card sales department/customer center has no clue of what the card printing services does in Arizona and can't even get to their own websites to see what I wanted. At the end of it, they sent me a ** opaque plastic card that doesn't even look as good (the whole reason to get the translucent AmEx in the first place) as the VISA card offered by the same institution.

The whole process of their call center menus needs to be revisited. Every time they transferred me to the “person who can resolve your issue,” I was directed not to a person at the end of the line, but instead to the same menu from which I had only one choice for credit card, resulting in over 4 transfers per call and my issue unresolved. At the end of this, they can't make the card anymore or take feedback! Absolutely useless bank.

Original review: April 26, 2012

I called to inquire about making a balance transfer to one of my CC accounts with BOA. Once I asked what the fee was for the $20,000 balance transfer, I found out it was $600. I told the rep that I did not want to do it. I asked her if it went through and she said "no". I told her I would call back if I was interested in making a balance transfer once I checked my other options. 3 days later, they made the transfer without my authorization. Now they say there's nothing they can do. Very unsatisfied with BOA. My first incident with them was when I lost a home the day before my scheduled closing (less than 24 hours before I was to close, they called me and told me I didn't qualify for the loan). I lost inspection fees, etc. I am shopping for a new bank to do business with.

Original review: April 23, 2012

I scheduled a payment for the outstanding balance of my Bank of America credit card ($4762.60) on Saturday, 4/21. When I checked this morning not only had my payment not been taken out of my "Bank of America" checking account, but also $97.00 in interest had been tacked onto the account. I think it’s a little unfair for someone that wants to pay off his or her credit card, schedule a payment, and two days later get more money tacked on for interest. I don’t care if BOA charges interest per minute or second if I schedule a payment to pay off the card and the funds are available in my checking account. How is it that my checking account and credit card accounts are with the same company, but it takes three days to process when funds are available?

Original review: April 22, 2012

2 months ago, I paid my credit online a day before it was due (Thursday). The payment did not go through for 5 days because Monday was a holiday. I was unable to purchase gas for my car on Tuesday because the card was rejected even though I had over $35,000 in credit left on the card. Last month, I made one time phone payment of $5000, which was never credited to my account even though BOA had removed late charges associated with the $5000 payment. The $5000 payment was made by phone because I had not received notice that it was due. Today, I noticed that a payment of over $3700 was taken out of my checking account, the full balance that was owed, without me ever having made the payment. I called BOA and was informed that it would take up to 10 days for them to investigate the situation and respond to me and that no money can be credited back to my account until the investigation is completed.

Original review: April 21, 2012

On or about April 17, 2012, I received a written notice via the U.S. mail, from Bank of America (BA) advising me that I have their BankAmericard Platinum Visa Credit Card (C/C). Having a previously issued FIA Card Services Credit Card, I immediately contacted the BA’s customer service (CS) and determined that BA had now assumed all of FIA’s credit accounts and that the C/C was a reissued C/C for me, now under Bank of America.

Having not received any new BA C/C, like any responsible adult concerned with possible lost mail and a potential identity takeover/fraud, I then contacted the BA CS and spoke with a Hispanic CS male representative, who advised he would close the BA C/C and send me a new C/C by next Wednesday (04/25/12); but that I could still use the FIA C/C, until I received and activated the new BA C/C. Later that day, I found that the FIA C/C account was also closed.

I then contacted the BA CS for a second time, and was advised by a very nice female rep that she’d overnight the new BA C/C due to the inconvenience. On 4/20/12, having not received any overnight BA C/C, I contacted the BA CS for yet a third time and was advised that overnight C/C shipments cannot be sent to a PO Box, only a physical street address and that my account has only a PO Box.

In speaking with a female BA CS supervisor, I was advised that she’d provide feedback to the previous CS reps and that the earliest I could receive a new BA C/C is next Tuesday, via overnight shipment. In the meantime, I’m without any credit card and I’ll be out of the area next week attending a conference. Is this any way to treat a new customer? I wouldn't recommend anyone to do business with these idiots for the sake of your credit rating, sanity, and peace of mind. I have also written letters with this information to my congressmen and filed a BBB complaint.

Original review: April 19, 2012

After making deposits to my credit card account for the amount of $41,200.00 and another for $450.00 cash from my loan that I received from my life insurance policies to pay another bill within the amount of $733.84, they, the Bank of America credit card took the money that I deposited to make this payment and paid their selves with it without my knowledge. And then, they decreased my amount of credit limit, which was a $2,000.00 limit down to an $800.00 credit limit. Now, I am stuck with still owing the $733.84 debt that I was going to pay with it.

I have always made sure that I paid more than the minimum amount on this Bank of America credit card, to only get a slap in the face by doing the right thing.

Talk about your scams! This is one(!), to say the least. I have just closed this account, still owing on the Credit Card over $500.00; and it will be a cold day in hell when they get paid.

I will also be closing my Bank of America checking account as well, for which I have been a loyal account holder since the 1990's. And my wife has a savings account there that she will be closing as well. This bank is a ripoff, and I would discourage anyone planning on opening an account of any kind with them to be aware. Bank of America should be named "Bank of We'll Do with Your Money, Whatever Hell We Want To." And yes! I would like to hear from and be advised by an attorney right away.

Original review: April 18, 2012

In October 2011, Bank of America changed the address electronic statements were sent from. Because Bank of America did not notify me of this change, their statements went to my spam folder. Since I did not receive bills, they went unpaid. In January, I received a letter stating my account was past due. I promptly overpaid the balance due to cover any fees and interest. My credit balance is approximately $28, which I have requested be refunded to me.

My dispute is that the reason bills were unpaid is because Bank of America failed to notify me to add their new email address to my contacts. I have received a similar notice of address change from Bealls and Domestications. This leads me to believe that if the address change notification is not required by law, it is routinely done by other companies. In addition, for the past year or so, I rarely used my Bank of America credit card and therefore did not notice bills were not received.

Bank of America has cancelled my credit card and refused to issue a new one. I have been a customer for many years and never had a problem. I even charged my son's 4 years of college tuition and keep my account balance up-to-date.

The reason my account was in arrears is due to Bank of America not notifying me that their statements would be sent from a different address. I am very disappointed with Bank of America. This is not the way to treat a long term loyal customer.

Original review: April 13, 2012

Bank of America had 2 internal leaks of my account info, so they had to re-issue our credit card. They thought there was another breach, so they re-issued another card. For some reason, they re-issued our 4th card this year. After talking to 5 different reps, I was not able to set up my new account. Finally, after 75 minutes, I told them I was leaving; and I went to Chase.

Original review: April 12, 2012

I am already a BOA checking customer and pretty much used to online banking. They are offering me $100 bonus on spending $500 within 90 days if I open a credit card, BankAmericard cash back. So looking that I went to BOA branch on Saturday and explained that I want to apply for the cash back credit card offer online with $100 promotion, it got approved and I have received the card already. Now customer care is saying $100 is online applying promotion. The branch is also saying the same now. This is just a case of misguiding customer and fooling them. BOA is cheating customer so that they would apply and cannot cancel the credit card due to credit card score will get impacted. Everybody, please be aware of such scam and advise me if you have already faced similar issue. Who to contact and complain to get what I am entitled to?

Original review: April 10, 2012

The good news is that B of A Fraud detected real fraud on Thursday, April 5. Things went south from there. They committed to having a new card in my hand by Saturday, April 7 via FedEx. Nothing on Saturday and now nothing on Monday, April 9 end of day. Worse, it took me 24 minutes to get anybody on the phone tonight, who then disconnected and did not call me back. So I called premier banking (since I'm a member) and it took that guy 20 minutes to advise that the card will be sent tomorrow, 4/10 to arrive on 4/11. But I leave on a business trip so I'll be without a credit card. I'm seriously considering taking all of my B of A business to another institution who can do the basics.

Bank of America Credit Cards Company Information