ConsumerAffairs Unaccredited Brand
Currently there are no customer reviews.
Bitgold expert review by Andrew Polacek
Founded in 2014, BitGold is reimagining currency and precious metal investing by bringing it to the masses. Since its opening, BitGold has developed more than 323,000 user accounts and operates in 166 markets.
- Back to the gold standard: Using BitGold, consumers can transfer their currency to gold. Every dollar in their bank account can be invested in gold and used with participating merchants.
- Solid pricing: Gold redemption is available within one percent of the official price of gold, well below most other companies’ premium over spot price.
- Online tax tools: As gold goes up and down in price, users may see gains and losses that are legally required to be reported to the IRS on tax returns. Its easy online tax calculator makes finding out the gain or loss quick and easy.
- Secure digital payments: Using the BitGold platform, users buy and sell gold for products and services. Every dollar is allocated to a specific amount of gold and secured using Brinks, a world leader in security.
- Insured: BitGold takes care of insurance and storage as a part of its service, eliminating the cost of holding physical gold.
- Best for: This new take on gold dealing is ideal for savers, speculators, companies and governments.
Investments & Banking Contributing Editor
Following his two-year term as an investment banking analyst for Houlihan Lokey at their Los Angeles headquarters, Andrew Polacek had a seven year private equity career culminating in a role as a Vice President, first as an Associate at Mainsail Partners and later at Crimson Investment where developing relationships with business owners and investment banks was his primary focus. Andrew is also a knowledgeable and passionate investor in gold and silver bullion who has been investing in the space for over 10 years.
Bitgold Company Information
- Company Name:
- Year Founded:
- 334 Adelaide St. West 3rd Floor
- Postal Code:
- M5V 1R4
- (800) 854-7418