4.34/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 2015, BILLSHARK has been empowering customers to take control of their bills. Their highly skilled negotiators, “Sharks”, work hard to help save you hundreds of dollars every year and lower your monthly bills. If they don’t save you money, they don’t get paid. Customers can easily snap and upload their bills in two minutes or less. BILLSHARK negotiates a variety of bills, including satellite TV, cable, internet, wireless phone, satellite radio, and home security. Sign up today to start saving money at no risk and get a $25 dining or shopping reward!

234 BILLSHARK Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Def saved me money and I already paid BILLSHARK their fee....and I’m still saving money!! Their fee was reasonable compared to my ongoing savings and the process was extremely easy. I would not hesitate to contact them on the future, or once annually to review all of my bills!

BILLSHARK response

Wow! That's great Lacie! So happy that you had a great experience! I will pass this along to your shark Austin!

Get expert buying tips about Bill Negotiation Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I have used BILLSHARK for a number of different bills, which have primarily been just my satellite radio subscription. They have been able to save me nearly $200 a year for this item alone! I have always been satisfied with their professionalism and their assistance. I will be looking to find out which other bills they can help me with. Thank you BILLSHARK!

BILLSHARK response

Many thanks Daniel! Your shark Shauna enjoyed taking another bite out of your bills!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Everyone should have BILLSHARK in their life. They saved me a ton of money. I would recommend to all. They are so professional and nice. Love them... I already told so many people about them. It saves a lot of time as well.

BILLSHARK response

Lisa, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with others! We thankful for your repeat business!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

This service saved me hundreds on cell phone bill. They saved me money on my Satelite television bill as well. Quick customer service answers! Highly recommended. I used them through an app on my phone and communicated through email as well.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I really don't like wasting time on the phone with cable companies to get my cable bill down. BILLSHARK was able to save me over $300 on cable/internet. They were fast and communicated with me all along the way!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BILLSHARK?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I’ve had several pho al negotiators call me before 8 am because they Forget I’m on the west coast. This caused me to wake up very early. Fees also seem a bit high, without being able to be part of the negotiations it’s hard for customers to realize their savings.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Happened to sign up for BILLSHARK during the month that whatever discounts I got when I first signed up for ATT were expiring. I did not realize that, of course. Before BILLSHARK I paid ATT $107 a month. After BILLSHARK I paid ATT $107 a month AND paid BILLSHARK $40 a month for six months. Cost me money instead of helping me save it. And, when I called to see what BILLSHARK could do to improve the situation, they offered nothing but a longer payback period.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

BillShark said they could save me money and I ended up paying $120 extra the month after the negotiations. They say they charge half the of amount saved. They sent me to collections for $12. Because they would not admit they had failed to complete the service they advertise I now have a mark on my credit score. Don’t even waste your time working with them. It’s basically a scam.

Resolution response: Aug. 13, 2019

BillShark called me and reduced my invoice by 40%. I am not entirely appeased, since they stressed that the reduction is for the inconvenience of my having to contact them and not for the fundamental problem of charging me for a negotiation when all they actually did was reduce my plan, but I appreciate the overture and retract my complaints about the customer service.

Original review: July 29, 2019

BillShark claims to negotiate bills on behalf of their customers. Perhaps I made faulty assumptions, but I took that to mean that they would reduce my bill beyond what I could achieve on my own simply by calling or using the live chat on my service provider's website. I recently asked them to negotiate my Sprint bill, and they said they could reduce my bill by $20 a month by removing the music and hotspot from my plan, which I agreed to. Two weeks later I learned that all they did was change which plan I was signed up for. I could have made the exact same price reduction for the same changes to my account through the website! That's not a negotiation. They charged me $250 for this "service."

When I contacted customer service stating that I had misunderstood and was dissatisfied with the service, and would be working with Sprint directly instead (thus rendering null and void the changes they made to my account), they refused to cancel the invoice, stating that they are "unable to cancel the negotiation as you gave permission to make the change to your plan in order to save you money." Apparently, it is normal for their "negotiations" to be based on changes that a consumer could easily do on their own, and customers choose to use their service because "1. They don't have the time to negotiate on their own, 2. They don't want to deal with the headache of negotiating with their provider."

I can't see any person knowingly choosing to spend hundreds of dollars in order to get out of 5 minutes on a live chat, so it seems to me that the entire company relies on people believing they perform a different service than they actually offer, which makes the entire company a cheat. P.S. When someone asks for an invoice to be cancelled, offering to extend the contract from 6 months to a year does nothing to appease the customer. "Sorry, we're still going to charge you for a cheat, but if you want, we can rub it in your face by showing up on your statements for 12 months instead of 6. ;)"

Resolution response: May 25, 2019

BillShark was very accommodating and investigated my issue promptly. It turns out they did their job but Sirius Radio may have failed to implement the agreed upon new price or did not adequately inform their associates of the negotiated price, so I was not aware of the work done by BillShark. We then resolved the issue in a manner in which both BillShark and I were comfortable with the result. Based upon this I revise my rating to 5 stars. There can always be problems when several parties are involved, but when a company actively engages with you to reach a positive conclusion, you know you have been working with an ethical, quality company. Now I strongly recommend BillShark.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I asked Billshark to negotiate my Sirius radio bill. They sent me an email saying they saved me over $100 dollars and charged my credit card almost $50. When I called Sirius to confirm this, Sirius rep denied any discounts were applied to my account. I then threatened to cancel my Sirius account and negotiated a new, lower price with a large refund. Either Sirius or Billshark is wrong. I complained to Billshark and sent them copies of the emails I received from Sirius Radio showing my refund amount, new price, etc. The dates on these emails are weeks after Billshark said they negotiated lower prices for me. The dates of the emails from Sirius and prices confirm that the price reduction and credits were not negotiated by Billshark but by me. Billshark still refuses to refund their charge to me.

BILLSHARK expert review by Clark Kendall

BILLSHARK’s mission is to help people live financially smarter lives by lowering their monthly bills. They will negotiate common bills such as cable, internet, security systems, landlines and satellite radio. BILLSHARK works with all of the most common service providers and boasts an 85 percent success rate. It also donates one hour of financial literacy instruction to a child for every bill it negotiates.

• How it works: Send BILLSHARK your bills through email, their mobile app or their website. They will go to work negotiating each line item on your bill, keeping you informed with regular status updates. Any savings they get you will show up on your next bill from your provider. Getting started only takes 10 minutes.

• Pricing: BILLSHARK’s fee is 40 percent of the savings they get you. If they save $1,000 a year, they keep $400. If they don’t save you anything, there are no fees. If a service provider goes back on the deal they made with BILLSHARK, they will go back and make sure you get your savings or refund your savings in full.

• Savings calculator: Curious to know how much BILLSHARK can save you? Check out their savings calculator on their website. Put in the type of bill you have and the amount to get an instant estimate.

• Rewards: When you refer a friend, they get $10 off on BILLSHARK fees and you receive a $10 Amazon gift card. You will also get a $25 dining or retail gift card for getting started.

• Mobile apps: BILLSHARK has a mobile app that lets you snap pictures of your bills, upload and submit them from your mobile device. Using your smartphone makes the process quick and easy and keeps you from having to boot up your computer to download saved copies of your bills.

• Best for: consumers looking to save money on their monthly bills.

Profile picture of Clark Kendall
Clark Kendall Personal Finance Expert

Clark Kendall has over 30 years of domestic and international investment and wealth management experience, focused on serving Middle-Class Millionaires. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) and Certified Financial Planner (CFP). He is the president and CEO of Kendall Capital in Washington, D.C., and a member of the Washington Society of Chartered Financial Analysts.

BILLSHARK Company Information