4.27/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 2016, BILLSHARK has been empowering customers to take control of their bills. Their highly skilled negotiators, “Sharks”, work hard to help save you hundreds of dollars every year and lower your monthly bills. If they don’t save you money, they don’t get paid. Customers can easily snap and upload their bills in two minutes or less. BILLSHARK negotiates a variety of bills, including satellite TV, cable, internet, wireless phone, satellite radio, and home security. Sign up today to start saving money at no risk and get a $25 dining or shopping reward!

BILLSHARK Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I have used BILLSHARK to get my internet lowered because it is insane, and they have been able to do that much every year for the last two years. It was a one-time deal that where they kept getting renewed, so it is really awesome for me. Enrolling and working with them have been easy and straightforward. On my end, it was more of submitting a request and then they would take care of it, and then I would pay the bill. I have only used you for one service two times, but it has been fantastic so far. If I have any more bills I need to get looked at, I know where I'm going.

BILLSHARK response

Jesse, WOW! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a 5 Star review~ We love that you are a continued repeat customer and we really enjoy saving money for our customers!! Thank you and enjoy the Holidays!!

Get expert buying tips about Bill Negotiation Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I got AT&T U-verse. All the other youngsters understand streaming and I'm just trying to get regular television. I could never decipher my phone bill and I would get pissed off about the fact that when I call in, I would talk to somebody on the other side of the world. I checked BILLSHARK out to see whether they could help me with my phone bill. Thus far, I feel like I'm being overcharged, but I'm 76 and it's my only form of entertainment.

Personally, I prefer to do negotiations on my own but BILLSHARK is better equipped. Evidently, they got a magic key so they can get a reduction on my bill. Either way, I'm having to pay them and the phone company. It’s a little outlandish, but it's something that I can live with. Thus far, customer service has been on the spot. This past year, I was in France for the Women’s World Cup in 2019, but I did have access to email while I was over there. I was trying to tell BILLSHARK that I would get back to them when I got back and everything seemed to work out. They've been very helpful.

BILLSHARK response

So happy we could help! Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

A financial app that I use to track my spending suggested BILLSHARK to reduce some of my bills. I submitted the bill and then someone was assigned to the case. They were the ones who contacted me for that period and I just replied to the email thread of the person who has been working with my bill. It was a different person who negotiated my second round of savings. There were two bills that they looked at for me and one was my phone bill. After a few days, the rep got back to me and said that it was the lowest anyone is paying for this level of service, so they probably couldn't negotiate it further down. But for my cable bill, they were able to negotiate it down for 12 months and then, they let me know when that 12-month period is coming to an end. My bill went up and they renegotiated it down again and got me some better rates with a lower pricing, so I couldn't be happier.

BILLSHARK charges only a percentage of what you save. So, if they don't find you saving, then you don't pay. If they find a saving, then they would say that they would take a cut of something like 20% off it. It's still savings either way. I would recommend BILLSHARK and I've recommended it to other people before. It's easy to work with them. They take all of the negotiation hassle out of my hands and I only pay from savings so it's perfect.

BILLSHARK response

Wow! Thank you very much Isaac for the great review! We really appreciate it!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I found BILLSHARK online and I was looking at saving some money on some bills. The enrollment process was fairly easy since all we had to do was provide a copy of our bill and they got to work. The interaction with their reps was smooth and they answered any questions I had. Everything was straightforward and when they negotiated my bills, everything worked good. I’ve already been awarded and people should give BILLSHARK a try.

BILLSHARK response

That is great~ Thanks so much!!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I'd seen BILLSHARK on Facebook and I thought I'd give it a shot. Enrolling was pretty easy. I liked that I talked to a real person, which was really helpful. I was impressed with their dedication to lowering your bill, and it takes out the hassle on your end. They could maybe follow up before the negotiations are final though. I had a SiriusXM bill they negotiated and apparently, there were two past charges on there. I didn't think they'd do that because it was a prepaid service, so I don't know why they give me free service and then go back and charge me on it. I didn't know that was on my bill. It didn't show up on my bill from Sirius. It’s just one of those unique situations to me. I'm still saving money, just a little bit less because they take some of my payments to pay their bill, but I'd do it again.

Trishan,

Thank you again for the positive feedback!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BILLSHARK?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

Signing up with Billshark was really nice 'cause they sent me an email showing me what they were doing. It didn't take long for them to process, about three hours. I like them. They were easy to work with and they helped me save on my satellite bill. It saved me by $50.

BILLSHARK response

Thank you Gregory for taking the time to share our experience with BILLSHARK! We consider ourselves lucky for customers like you!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Sent my AT&T phone bill into BillShark late afternoon & was immediately contacted by super star Kristen **. Kristen asked me a few simple questions about my account & the next morning informed me that she saved me over $1400 or 26% off my phone bill. As a small business over, that’s huge to have a savings like that! Thank you BillShark!

BILLSHARK response

David, BILLSHARK loves that we were able to take another huge bit out of your bills! Thank you sharing your kind words with us!!! Repeat customers mean the world to us!! We look forward to working with you again soon!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

No one enjoys being surprised with a bill! I was told in the BEGINNING I could pick my due date for my billing cycle. I picked a date I knew the money would be there...then I got a message from my bank the following month about a negative balance only to find out Billshark charged me 4 days prior to the date originally chose! When I called to inquire I was informed they "take" payment 30 days from last date paid...NOT on a specific date you choose. There is no other bill you get charged for on earth where the dates shift - why does Billsharks. At least give me that option before I sign with company.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

Only Comcast was savings. Nothing else. Was promised a lot of savings. Not much materialized. So promises were made. But then one can only help in one area, another in another. Too compartmentalized for my tastes. Still open... the rest is up to you.

BILLSHARK response

Hi Tom, I see we negotiated your Comcast bill on May 2, 2019 and we were able to save you $37.95/ month for 12 months totaling $455.40 in savings. This is a 35% savings on your bill! I also see you submitted your insurance policy for a free insurance quote comparison, if you have not received that quote in your email, please reach out to our Customer Service department (help@billshark.com) and we will absolutely look into this for you! Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Billshark is very particular how they communicate the savings. They stated my bill would be $34.99 for 12 months, 1 month later a previous promotion expired and now the bill is $49.99 but they "still saved $10" and I had to pay the fee even though my bill went up.

BILLSHARK expert review by Clark Kendall

BILLSHARK’s mission is to help people live financially smarter lives by lowering their monthly bills. They will negotiate common bills such as cable, internet, security systems, landlines and satellite radio. BILLSHARK works with all of the most common service providers and boasts an 85 percent success rate. It also donates one hour of financial literacy instruction to a child for every bill it negotiates.

• How it works: Send BILLSHARK your bills through email, their mobile app or their website. They will go to work negotiating each line item on your bill, keeping you informed with regular status updates. Any savings they get you will show up on your next bill from your provider. Getting started only takes 10 minutes.

• Pricing: BILLSHARK’s fee is 40 percent of the savings they get you. If they save $1,000 a year, they keep $400. If they don’t save you anything, there are no fees. If a service provider goes back on the deal they made with BILLSHARK, they will go back and make sure you get your savings or refund your savings in full.

• Savings calculator: Curious to know how much BILLSHARK can save you? Check out their savings calculator on their website. Put in the type of bill you have and the amount to get an instant estimate.

• Rewards: When you refer a friend, they get $10 off on BILLSHARK fees and you receive a $10 Amazon gift card. You will also get a $25 dining or retail gift card for getting started.

• Mobile apps: BILLSHARK has a mobile app that lets you snap pictures of your bills, upload and submit them from your mobile device. Using your smartphone makes the process quick and easy and keeps you from having to boot up your computer to download saved copies of your bills.

• Best for: consumers looking to save money on their monthly bills.

Profile picture of Clark Kendall
Clark Kendall Personal Finance Expert

Clark Kendall has over 30 years of domestic and international investment and wealth management experience, focused on serving Middle-Class Millionaires. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) and Certified Financial Planner (CFP). He is the president and CEO of Kendall Capital in Washington, D.C., and a member of the Washington Society of Chartered Financial Analysts.

BILLSHARK Company Information