Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.01/5

Since 2016, BILLSHARK has been empowering customers to take control of their bills. Their highly skilled negotiators, “Sharks”, work hard to help save you hundreds of dollars every year and lower your monthly bills. If they don’t save you money, they don’t get paid. Customers can easily snap and upload their bills in two minutes or less. BILLSHARK negotiates a variety of bills, including satellite TV, cable, internet, wireless phone, satellite radio, and home security. Sign up today to start saving money at no risk and get a $25 dining or shopping reward!

BILLSHARK Reviews

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I saw a Billshark ad on Facebook which sent me to them. The first time, I didn’t have any bills that the girl could help me with but everything was great. Then, the second time I did it, I was supposed to refer somebody and I had issues being able to get my link to work. She was able to help me. I dealt with the same lady both times, which was kinda nice because it wasn’t like you got tossed around to whoever. Plus, she was wonderful.

I’ve always done my own bill such as calling and trying to negotiate and the cost that Billshark charges is one of those things that if I had a bill come up in the future, I would probably try to negotiate first and try to get it down because it is a little bit higher. I’m also very much of a penny pincher. If the cost was lower, then that would lead me to using them more as a first resort instead of a second resort. Still, they were able to negotiate two of my bills.

BILLSHARK response

Jacque, Thank you very much for taking the time to give us a great review! We truly appreciate your positive feedback on your shark and appreciate you as our customer! We look forward to continue to work with you in the future! We love to save our customers money!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

My internet bill was too high. I came across Billshark and I thought I should try and see if it’s good. Working with them was quite easy. I went and registered, then sent in my bill and after a couple of days somebody called me back to tell me they were able to reduce it. So, the process was straightforward and the reps I talked to explained pretty much everything. However, Billshark takes 48% and that’s quite high. But then, they do the job for you. And generally, I’m satisfied with my enrollment with them and I would ask another person to try it. At least they can get any discount.

BILLSHARK response

Thank you Emeka for your 5 Star review! We are so happy you had a great experience and found the process easy and clear! We look forward to saving you more money in the near future! Please note that our 1st time customer fee is 40%, then for any negotiations we do for you we will give your a 20% loyalty discount! Take care and thanks again!

Get buying tips about Bill Negotiation Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I got AT&T U-verse. All the other youngsters understand streaming and I'm just trying to get regular television. I could never decipher my phone bill and I would get pissed off about the fact that when I call in, I would talk to somebody on the other side of the world. I checked BILLSHARK out to see whether they could help me with my phone bill. Thus far, I feel like I'm being overcharged, but I'm 76 and it's my only form of entertainment.

Personally, I prefer to do negotiations on my own but BILLSHARK is better equipped. Evidently, they got a magic key so they can get a reduction on my bill. Either way, I'm having to pay them and the phone company. It’s a little outlandish, but it's something that I can live with. Thus far, customer service has been on the spot. This past year, I was in France for the Women’s World Cup in 2019, but I did have access to email while I was over there. I was trying to tell BILLSHARK that I would get back to them when I got back and everything seemed to work out. They've been very helpful.

BILLSHARK response

So happy we could help! Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

A financial app that I use to track my spending suggested BILLSHARK to reduce some of my bills. I submitted the bill and then someone was assigned to the case. They were the ones who contacted me for that period and I just replied to the email thread of the person who has been working with my bill. It was a different person who negotiated my second round of savings. There were two bills that they looked at for me and one was my phone bill. After a few days, the rep got back to me and said that it was the lowest anyone is paying for this level of service, so they probably couldn't negotiate it further down. But for my cable bill, they were able to negotiate it down for 12 months and then, they let me know when that 12-month period is coming to an end. My bill went up and they renegotiated it down again and got me some better rates with a lower pricing, so I couldn't be happier.

BILLSHARK charges only a percentage of what you save. So, if they don't find you saving, then you don't pay. If they find a saving, then they would say that they would take a cut of something like 20% off it. It's still savings either way. I would recommend BILLSHARK and I've recommended it to other people before. It's easy to work with them. They take all of the negotiation hassle out of my hands and I only pay from savings so it's perfect.

BILLSHARK response

Wow! Thank you very much Isaac for the great review! We really appreciate it!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I'd seen BILLSHARK on Facebook and I thought I'd give it a shot. Enrolling was pretty easy. I liked that I talked to a real person, which was really helpful. I was impressed with their dedication to lowering your bill, and it takes out the hassle on your end. They could maybe follow up before the negotiations are final though. I had a SiriusXM bill they negotiated and apparently, there were two past charges on there. I didn't think they'd do that because it was a prepaid service, so I don't know why they give me free service and then go back and charge me on it. I didn't know that was on my bill. It didn't show up on my bill from Sirius. It’s just one of those unique situations to me. I'm still saving money, just a little bit less because they take some of my payments to pay their bill, but I'd do it again.

Trishan,

Thank you again for the positive feedback!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BILLSHARK?

Original review: May 14, 2020

Billshark was the first bill reduction service I used so I didn't have any experience how this generally worked. The writing about them was upfront and they'd only do one year instead of two which was more reasonable. But I was shocked with not realizing that I was gonna get charged two years’ worth of the savings upfront. I felt misled, so I asked their representative to find me the writing where it explained how that worked. She tried her best, but she didn't know either because she didn't give me a straight answer. I had to press her and eventually, she found it. But Billshark did save me money in the long run. So, I accepted that one saving but I started using another service for my other bill.

BILLSHARK response

Hi Vinh- thank you for taking the time to review our services! Our team works hard to make sure that our pricing structure is upfront prior to a negotiating taking place. As well, our pricing is standard across our industry. What makes our company stand out from the rest is our exceptional customer service our team of Sharks provide to their customers on every negotiation.

Original review: May 9, 2020

BILLSHARK negotiated my internet bills. I just sent an email and I uploaded the bill then they talked to the internet company and adjusted my bill. However, I feel like the amount that BILLSHARK is charging is a bit expensive. They almost charged 40% of what I saved. But it was all very easy.

BILLSHARK response

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Vikas! We appreciate your business and hope to save you more in the future for your bills!

Original review: May 5, 2020

A agent name Megan told me I will not be charge a fee for just changing my service then I received a bill. So I call and was told that it was not correct. Megan boss told me she hear Megan said I will be charge so I ask if I can hear that. Then I received a email stated I will not be charge. Guess what they call Centurylink and change the work order. I will not use this services again.

BILLSHARK response

Hi Julie- It looks like there was some confusion regarding your negotiation. Billshark is not charging you a fee for the one-time credits that were applied to your account. Our team has attempted to help you with your service issues a few times, but you have not allowed them to. Reviewing the phone calls between your Shark and your provider, there was no changes made to the services.

Original review: May 2, 2020

A friend told me to reach out to BILLSHARK. The enrollment was a great experience. I liked their rep's professionalism. I got some savings through their service. Everything’s complete now, and I would definitely refer them.

BILLSHARK response

Thank you Reeves for the fantastic review! We love hearing about our customers great experiences with their sharks. Enjoy your savings and stay safe!

Original review: April 16, 2020

The Bill Shark rep Taylor did an awesome job with communicating with me as to what was missing or what I needed to do for her to negotiate the bills. She was very professional during our interaction. Thank you Taylor.

BILLSHARK response

Hi Rhonda! Thank you so much for the SHARK-tastic review!! We value your business throughout the years and we hope that we continue to meet and exceed all of your expectations for our service! I've also passed your kind and thoughtful words to your Shark, Taylor.

Again, thank you, and stay safe during these hard times!

BILLSHARK author review by Clark Kendall

BILLSHARK’s mission is to help people live financially smarter lives by lowering their monthly bills. They will negotiate common bills such as cable, internet, security systems, landlines and satellite radio. BILLSHARK works with all of the most common service providers and boasts an 85 percent success rate. It also donates one hour of financial literacy instruction to a child for every bill it negotiates.

• How it works: Send BILLSHARK your bills through email, their mobile app or their website. They will go to work negotiating each line item on your bill, keeping you informed with regular status updates. Any savings they get you will show up on your next bill from your provider. Getting started only takes 10 minutes.

• Pricing: BILLSHARK’s fee is 40 percent of the savings they get you. If they save $1,000 a year, they keep $400. If they don’t save you anything, there are no fees. If a service provider goes back on the deal they made with BILLSHARK, they will go back and make sure you get your savings or refund your savings in full.

• Savings calculator: Curious to know how much BILLSHARK can save you? Check out their savings calculator on their website. Put in the type of bill you have and the amount to get an instant estimate.

• Rewards: When you refer a friend, they get $10 off on BILLSHARK fees and you receive a $10 Amazon gift card. You will also get a $25 dining or retail gift card for getting started.

• Mobile apps: BILLSHARK has a mobile app that lets you snap pictures of your bills, upload and submit them from your mobile device. Using your smartphone makes the process quick and easy and keeps you from having to boot up your computer to download saved copies of your bills.

by Clark Kendall Personal Finance Expert

Clark Kendall has over 30 years of domestic and international investment and wealth management experience, focused on serving Middle-Class Millionaires. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) and Certified Financial Planner (CFP). He is the president and CEO of Kendall Capital in Washington, D.C., and a member of the Washington Society of Chartered Financial Analysts.

BILLSHARK Company Information