4.38/5
Based on 171 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 2015, BILLSHARK has been empowering customers to take control of their bills. Their highly skilled negotiators, “Sharks”, work hard to help save you hundreds of dollars every year and lower your monthly bills. If they don’t save you money, they don’t get paid. Customers can easily snap and upload their bills in two minutes or less. BILLSHARK negotiates a variety of bills, including satellite TV, cable, internet, wireless phone, satellite radio, and home security. Sign up today to start saving money at no risk and get a $25 dining or shopping reward!

200 BILLSHARK Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 21, 2018

I used BillShark before and they were successful in cutting down the bills a little bit. I used them again and they were able to negotiate my cellular and cable bills. The enrollment process was pretty easy. It was online and they scan up the bill using PDF. During the process, their reps would call and text me, which to me was too aggressive. It should be a full hands-off experience where they just email their clients. They didn’t have to call. Also, the cost was a little bit higher than I would like, but I’m okay with it for now. All in all, it was a good experience and if they could also do other services like insurance and other things, that’d be nice, too.

Get expert buying tips about Bill Negotiation Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Billshark was able to get us a 12 month promotional rate on our DirecTV services, which saved us $45 a month. The “shark” who worked on our account, Mary, was very professional and quick to answer questions or explain things further if needed. My one complaint would be the cost and billing policy. Their 40% cut of the discount seems seriously exorbitant. However, I’m still waiting to see if they’re able to get significant discounts on our cell and/or internet bills. If they’re able to save us as much on those as in our TV, it’ll be worth the price.

BILLSHARK response

Thank you, Marie, for your feedback! I'll be sure to pass the kind words about our representative along to her!

As for your concerns about our billing policies, our customer service department has options when it comes to paying your fee, as we understand that you signed up to save money! If you would like to go over these, please reach out to our agents at help@billshark.com!

Original review: June 19, 2018

Working with BILLSHARK was a great experience for me and I’m benefitting from it. I didn’t know even know that it was a service that existed but I found something about it. I wouldn’t be interested in even finding out the alternatives to BILLSHARK because it works perfectly. It saved me $10 a month on my Suddenlink bill. BILLSHARK is a really great service and is invaluable to somebody like me that has a hard time getting on the phone to get things taken care of. I’ve been overpaying that $10 for I don’t know how many months and I could have been saving a lot of money. But thanks to BILLSHARK, I was able to do it a lot quicker.

I just had a little bit of a misunderstanding about how the billing after the bill negotiation would take place. I didn’t know it was gonna be a one time charge. But I reached out with my concerns and they assured me that I could pay it down when I could get to it. They gave me the information to where I could go to pay it, and I’m gonna pay it in two days. That was my major concern and it was addressed and they quelled my anxiety about it so everything has been phenomenal.

BILLSHARK response

McKenna, simply, thank you! Our company is here to help you swim easy knowing that you're getting the absolute best rate for your services! We cannot wait to help you out with more bills in the future!

Original review: June 18, 2018

Working with was so easy BILLSHARK I didn’t even really do anything Everything was good. It was all via messaging. It's worth it if you need the service.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I was looking into BILLSHARK because my cell phone bill was really high and I was wondering what all the charges were and why I was getting charged even though I had an older plan. It was almost $230 a month just for the phone bill and it was too much. During the enrollment process, I filled out my personal information and uploaded the bill that I have. It wasn’t that hard and I didn’t have a problem. They put me on another plan where all fees are included and it’s saving me $100 a month. They have a payment plan where you can pay monthly to pay for their help which is cool. I like BILLSHARK and I’m gonna recommend it to people because we’ve been paying too much in bills for phone companies, cable and stuff like that.

BILLSHARK response

That's what we're here for, Tynisha! We make sure that our customers are paying the absolute lowest price for their services! Your T-Mobile bill didn't stand a chance against our Sharks!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BILLSHARK?

Original review: June 16, 2018

I heard good things about what BILLSHARK was able to do for their clients and they did what we had looked into them for. I just had to send them my bill and they did the rest. They explained what they were gonna do and I just gave them the authority to talk to the vendor. They charged 40% which was a lot but we wouldn’t have gotten anything had they not done what they did. The service lowered my monthly bill and in the end, the cost was fair. I would recommend them.

BILLSHARK response

FIN-tastic, Sean! We're here to make your bills easy-peasy!

Original review: June 15, 2018

I wanted to see what type of discount I could get on my monthly bills and working with BILLSHARK was easy. The enrollment was simply filing everything out online and submitting everything. The cost compared to other competitors was a bit higher but BILLSHARK negotiated a substantial amount for me. I would recommend using them.

BILLSHARK response

We love to hear how easy our process was for our customers- thank you! Enjoy your savings, Tim!

Original review: June 14, 2018

An app I am using recommended BillShark to me. They lowered one of my AT&T bills. Every single dollar which they helped was something that satisfied me. The BillShark representatives were very professional, too. I’ve sent them a couple of notifications about it and they were taken care of. It was definitely worth the money. I wish they helped me out with every single bill, though. But, other than that one, I’m happy. I recommend them.

BILLSHARK response

JAW-some!! We love chomping down on AT&T bills for our customers. If you have any questions about what bills we are able to negotiate, please email us at help@billshark.com and one of our support agents will help you out!

Original review: June 13, 2018

It’s easy to enroll with BillShark. You just enter your name and email address to get your account set up. Then from there, you can either sign in to your online account and upload your bill or upload a picture of it. BillShark was able to get $10 off monthly on my bill, so it’s a total savings of $240. However, they could have made it a little more clear that you do not get those savings upfront. But they addressed all concerns through email or text.

BILLSHARK response

Thank you, Justin, for your honest experience with our company! We are so glad that our representatives could answer all of your questions and concerns clearly for you, as well as find you savings!!

Original review: June 12, 2018

My brother told me about Billshark and I trust his opinion. I didn’t look into a lot of other companies and decided to go with them due to the ease of being able to do it from an app on my phone. It was really convenient and Billshark was able to negotiate down my internet bill. Everything was really simple with the enrollment process. I did it all through the app and provided PDF two or three copies of my bills. The app was very easy and intuitive. I wish they could do it for more bills. And I wish that I got more of the savings and not the 40%. But it was worth it because it was something I wouldn’t have taken the time to do myself. So at the end of the day, it’s a win-win for both people.

BILLSHARK response

Thanks for your review, Krista! We want all of our customer's experiences to be as easy as yours! If you are unsure whether we can negotiate another bill of yours, just email us at help@billshark.com and our agents will help you out!

Original review: June 11, 2018

I was trying to save money on my potential bills. BillShark said they can save me money on my Verizon bill. I thought that I could utilize BillShark's service so I signed up and they sent a few email trying to get me to send over a billing statement from a vendor. And then they worked on my behalf to lower my monthly bills. They kept me up-to-date. A gentleman called me and he did say that he was able to save me money and a representative would reach out to me via text.

Obviously, they saved me supposedly six bucks a month on my Verizon bill which estimated to about $70. But then, I got a bill from them for almost 40 bucks. I didn’t see that language that they charge you until after I submitted my stuff. I was expecting to save money and I didn’t. In theory, I've saved half of what I'm truly saving, but I was disappointed that it wasn’t 100% clear that I had to pay a fee. If I get $100, 40% of that is really gonna go to BillShark. I'm not happy with it. I would not recommend BillShark.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I was using an application called Empower and they recommended different third party apps and BILLSHARK was one of them. I gave it a shot and their enrollment process was flexible and easy to go through with. Their reps were all very attentive. During the process of submitting my utility bills and them reviewing it and me asking for an invoice, they were really good. They had a really good service. I uploaded my AT&T bill which is a combination of my two cellphone accounts and my DirecTV account all-in-one bundle and then, I also did my Cox which they were able to do, it's a one-time discount. That one was okay, except for the AT&T one.

Some of the discounts that BillShark had promised when they finalized my invoice were not the same as what I saw in my bill. It was less of a discount. I will be calling this week to inquire about that. I will also be waiting for my next AT&T bill to see if it was a bill later that it might be applied but it wasn’t that much of a difference. But if it's something that they're gonna be charging me for, I definitely wanna rekindle that.

Original review: June 9, 2018

BILLSHARK was great. However, I'm holding anything with them right now because somehow, and I don't know how and it happened the same time that I went to BILLSHARK, my complete banking account was hacked. They got every password into everything. They changed all my financials. That happened the same time that I gave BILLSHARK access. I'm not saying it was BILLSHARK but it was literally the same time. The only thing I changed was giving them access and I'm talking thousands of dollars I transferred out of my account.

Something was getting hacked whether it was internally to BILLSHARK or something on their system could get into it. There are so many encryptions that I have to do on my bank account. I had to change everything. I even have to use a token decode now to get into my bank account through my cellphone or any other computer system. It scrambled the number on your password so every day you get a new password. Now, I have to do that for everything.

Robert,

First, I'm glad you had a great experience with our service. I'm sorry that your bank account was compromised. I can personally assure you that it was not a result of anything to do with our service. We store absolutely NO bank or credit card information in our systems. When you enroll, your credit card is sent directly to our payment processor (so the connection is directly between you and the financial institution). Billshark only receives a token from the financial institution, that we use to pass back to the processor along with the amount to be charged when the negotiation is complete and we're ready to process your payment. If there is anything we can do in assisting you with your bank, please don't hesitate in reaching out!

-BILLSHARK

Original review: June 8, 2018

I wanted to see if I could reduce my phone bill because it has always something that increases. BILLSHARK is not really getting any new services so it seemed something that would be helpful to do since they could at least get the bill down. I've been with T-Mobile for such a long time now and BILLSHARK helped me to figure out another way around to reduce the monthly cost. It was very minimal now. It was only $50 or $75 off my entire bill because what they do is for the year, this is what you're paying for and they reduced it down. So, monthly it was only about $10 or so but every little bit helps. Their enrollment process was easy. Everything is online. You just have to share a bill that you have from the vendor and they'll verify that it's really yours. And then, you put in your contact information and then they'd get everything set up after you agree to pay whatever the cost is for them to do that.

I just wish they have a a better, user-friendly website. It seemed slow at times in terms of gathering the information and it's not as robust or designed as best as they could, so it doesn’t look like some kind of gimmicky situation. I went in there because I did some research and I saw other people had good experiences with it. And the cost is nothing. As you get more money, obviously, you can rack up. You saved some money but you give them a little portion of what you saved, so it makes sense. Overall, I had a good experience with BILLSHARK. They did what they said that they would which saved some cost on my monthly bill. I've already recommended it to people.

Original review: June 7, 2018

There is a different app that I work with for getting my bills and financials in order. I asked them what I could do about my phone bill and they said they couldn't help me but I should reach out to BillShark. BillShark's enrollment process was easy. But, the follow-up was a little much. I was getting the same emails twice, three times. Also, it stinks because they were only able to save me 20 bucks for one month. While that was cool, it costed $8 to save $20. That's too much of a service.

Additionally, there was no communication on when I was going to get my bill. There was no timeline and I didn't know what to do with the payment. Payment-wise, there was no follow-up or feedback about the payment and when I was going to have to pay. Nevertheless, BillShark was super easy to use and I could do everything from my phone which was great. I uploaded my Verizon statement there. I didn't have to log in onto my computer and that was fantastic. I've already recommended their company to other people.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I don’t like paying a whole lot of money on bills. But I didn’t think that the amount that I was paying was unfair. Signing up with BILLSHARK was like a couple of yes or no questions. And then all of a sudden, somebody says, “Yeah. We’re working on that.” But then at that point, I was already roped in. I wasn’t able to say that I liked the price that they offered and negotiated for me. A rep called me and he needed my phone password. I gave it and then I got a notification from Sprint that my bill has been changed.

The change that he negotiated was so minuscule. Their bill actually just caused me more complications. For the work that they do and the cost that they charge, it all makes sense. It’s a legit thing and if there was more they could do for me, I’d be more than happy. But he saved me $6 a month on a two-year plan for my phone. There should be a clause in their contract that if you’re not happy with the service, you have a chance to decline the changes and just see what they can get lowered for me and then stop. They don’t have to go all the way through, just, “This is what’s possible. Do you want it, yes or no?” There should be a final confirmation.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I wanted to lower my bills. I heard about BILLSHARK through a friend and I didn't know about any other company, so I went with them. They were easy to work with and the enrollment process was quite simple. It just involved answering a few questions and was very straightforward and easy to comprehend. The rep I worked with contacted me via text and was very prompt. Whatever questions I had, she answered it. And it was like talking to a person back and forth. It wasn’t like a robot. So far, I completed the process and they managed to lower my bill. The cost and quality of their service was great and I was very satisfied. I might go back and do another one. I would also tell my friends to utilize the services of BILLSHARK.

BILLSHARK response

Jaw-some, Tanzia! We love hearing about our amazing staff! Enjoy your savings of $960 on your ******* bill!

Original review: May 29, 2018

I wanted to help my dad out and I knew BILLSHARK had a wonderful reputation for doing what they do. It was so easy to work with them that I forgot it was even there sometimes. They negotiated the bills and took care of that wonderfully. As for the enrollment process, we just had to get a PDF file from Verizon. I uploaded it to my BILLSHARK account and we sent it in. We got some communications afterward saying that, “Hey, this guy did this and that. And this is what you expect moving forward.” And that was it. That’s been completed for about four weeks now. We had a conversation with one of their reps and he was just a good representative overall. The cost of the service has been fair and it makes sense. I would tell friends to use BILLSHARK.

BILLSHARK response

Thank you, so much, Marco! We appreciate the amazing feedback about our process and employees! We cannot wait to chomp down on some more bills!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 27, 2018

I was looking at some kind of debt consolidation loan research and somehow I found my way through indirect advertising to BillShark's site. At that time, I looked at my cell phone bill and I thought there's a way I can get my bill lowered because I've been talking to friends and family and I always felt like my bill was higher than everyone else's. While BillShark was able to lower my bill, in terms of customer experience, our discussion was too quick and before I knew it, they were ready to bill me. And I didn’t feel I had all the clarity I needed because I wanted to see something itemized, and it felt like I was about to get ripped off. I went through with it anyway. I thought about it for a while and I was not sure if I wanna make any move. Then they called back and they explained some more but I felt like there could have been some kind of difference in the experience that I was having with the person who was selling the service to me.

I didn’t trust it and I wrote back to them saying I was going through with this, but I that haven’t been made to feel like I should trust them. And that has to do with the salesperson's finesse or lack thereof. Like when someone tells you they've got it all figured for you and you're wondering what that is. They tell you they're gonna see if they could talk to them for you, and then they come back and let you know that they talked to them and it looks like they can save you. So then I wondered what did they talk about and what exactly happened and how they were able to do that. How come as a consumer, I'm not able to do that? And why do I need them to lower my bill? It wasn't reassuring. I'm not trying to take all their business secrets, but I wanted some more transparency and that would make me feel I could trust them more.

So, although I went through with it and saw my latest bill was significantly less, I still have this sour taste in my mouth about BillShark that I can't wait till I'm done working with them. It feels funny to me but that's how I feel. Moreover, it's important for us to save whatever we can. I'm almost willing to go back to the way it was, paying a little bit more and not like have BillShark exploding around. Everything seems inconvenient and scary that maybe they're selling my information to advertisers. All that stuff goes through my head. If a friend would ask about BillShark, I would say that it worked and I saved. But they need to investigate since I don't know what else is happening in the background. All in all, while I am satisfied with the service offered by BillShark, I'm dissatisfied with the trustworthiness and the name.

Original review: May 26, 2018

A financial advisor app on my phone recommended Billshark, so I hit yes and put in my name. A couple of days later, I got a text from someone saying they could make my AT&T bill cheaper which I thought it was cool, so I had them do it. Enrolling was easy and the negotiation took a couple of days, which was really quick. The cost was reasonable which was a percentage of the bill. Overall, working with Billshark has been straightforward and has worked well.

BILLSHARK response

And we saved you $1,920.00!! Thank you, Taylor!

Original review: May 25, 2018

The budgeting application I use connected me with BILLSHARK to see if they could lower my bills. All my expenses are all set up right there in the application, so they can see my incoming and outgoing money. And they selected the bill that was probably gonna be the most successful, which was the cell phone bill. It was very easy to get in touch and communicate with them via email. They just asked me for my PIN to get through to my account and it only took five minutes out of my day to give them that PIN. Everything else, they pretty much did it.

When I got my bill, it was a weird-looking credit. I got a credit on my bill for $25 and they sent me a bill for a percentage-based charge of $8 and some change. So it was a $17 difference, which I might have been able to negotiate myself. But BILLSHARK was really easy to work with, though I'd probably recommend it to larger bills than something small. But they had a credit done within three days max. It was a quick and easy service to use. They were good at what they do, and they made stuff to happen.

BILLSHARK response

We love savings, big or small! Most of all, we love doing all the heavy lifting for your bills! Thanks, David, for the awesome review!

Original review: May 24, 2018

BillShark was a tool offered though the Empower App to be able to alert me where I could benefit from some cost savings on monthly or annual subscriptions. When enrolling, I had to sign up via email and read on terms and conditions to make sure I understood how they actually profit and what sensitive information they needed. Then they asked for access to certain accounts and certain information to be able to negotiate on my behalf. It was an easy process.

Everyone I've spoken to at BillShark via email or phone has been very helpful. And they wanna go above and beyond and save their clients money, and they have given me a general background of what their subject matter expertise was during our call. They were very creative in ways that could save me money, which was impressive. However, their response time could be a little shorter. Even though they would send me things to respond to via text, at times, they wouldn’t get back until a couple of days for something as general as the next step for them to save money, or if they had been able to access or negotiate on my behalf. But I understand that sometimes it takes some time.

They were able to negotiate a better rate with Sirius XM Radio and got me out of a $30 a month XM Radio subscription and would save me roughly about 100 bucks. Some of that went to my pocket, some of that went in theirs, and it was good. They also offered to negotiate with Verizon Wireless and they came up with this $600 saving over a two-year period and then came up with an invoice of $200. But I’m not on 2-year agreement with Verizon, so I need to understand how they arrive at this two-year agreement that they base their fee of and their representative hasn’t been able to give me a brand new information about it.

Other than that, Billshark is a great cost savings company to advocate on anyone’s behalf, though I’d recommend to ask them to provide a summary of information on the actual negotiation. This going back and forth with providers and asking for a better rate is time-consuming, and to have someone be able to advocate on my behalf is definitely helpful.

BILLSHARK response

Hi Devon, thank you for your honest review! We appreciate your kind words about our team!

Original review: May 23, 2018

I gave BillShark something that I had that they could work with. I save 10 bucks a month which is not too substantial but it is over time. I checked if there was another company and there was and they charge the same. I gave BillShark my AT&T phone bill and I already received a 20% discount with one of the companies and I'm always shopping for the best deal. I can get a little bit mean on the phone with AT&T every now and then when things aren't quite right and they always make it right. I can typically get what I want but the guy was successful in reducing the base bill. I have nine phones on my plan and it's a fixed bill. He was able to get $10 a month off as long as I stayed with that plan.

I only talked to their rep once and he was great. He called me from a Seattle number, which was interesting, and then I got the image that maybe these negotiators live all over the country and possibly work from home, which is very attractive. Also, the cost was great. However, they don't give you any time to pay the bill or give you any expectation on when negotiations would be done. They just say, "Yup, we’re gonna work on it." And then, they call you and say, "Oh, yeah. We finished up," send you an invoice and their invoice is due in four days. And I'm like, "Wait a minute here. I didn’t even know what I was getting," and then of course I haven’t seen any result.

They assured I can email them if I didn’t see what I was expecting on the bill. And they had an option to finance the spread, then pay it all at once or kind of down payment financing fee and paying monthly to some third party which I almost did. I got $9 fee and then on one hand, that defeated my savings at the whole month of savings you got for me. I could have paid it by now, but I didn’t feel it was better. But BillShark is a great deal. Give them a shot. I already sent them to eight co-workers. It's pretty legit. Watch the video and see what happens. And I have good email follow up. I only had one bill to take or tackle in their scope. The invoicing process was the only thing that threw me. They could offset that tremendously if they said, "Hey, we'll negotiate your bill. We need 24% upfront." I wouldn't even hesitate to draw $25 at them to see what they could do.

BILLSHARK response

Thanks for the amazing success story, Beau! We're so glad we were able to save you on your AT&T bill!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 22, 2018

I saw an article about BillShark online in terms of how to save money and assumed it was the only one. But I didn’t have the best process with them. They asked if I had wanted to move forward on something that was gonna reduce my service with my cellphone company. I had asked them to not do that and to discontinue ‘cause I didn’t like the options they were giving me. They were trying to reduce my service or bring back data usage, and I told them that it was okay. I don’t really wanna change my plan and I'm fine with what I have. But they went ahead and continued to do it, and they made changes within the company and I asked them to not to.

I even reached out to customer service to try to get it changed and unfortunately, they were not able to do anything that I had asked them to do. They told me that they couldn’t undo the changes. I've tried to do pretty much everything that I could and asked them to discontinue looking for my wireless bill because they were just looking to change it. I'm in the process working with AT&T to try to get that money reimbursed and the only thing AT&T needed from me was the exact times that I was in a different country ‘cause it was over-usage at a different country. BillShark completely negated anything that I said and it was very frustrating that they were just not willing to help me at all in any circumstance.

Original review: May 21, 2018

BillShark negotiated my cable bill and they got it down. Their enrollment process was easy as well. I just uploaded a bill and they went and handled the rest. Their website was fine but the payment process was a little weird. I have to pay after the fact and they don’t discharge my credit card. The cost is kind of high too. They also contact you way too much. They email me and ask me for my opinion constantly. But their service was worth it.

BILLSHARK response

Thanks for the feedback, Michael! We're always looking for ways to improve our system. We are thrilled to have saved you $550 on your Comcast bill and can't wait for more bills to attack!!

Original review: May 20, 2018

I was using the BILLSHARK app and it put all of my expenses together. It said that I could save some money if I try to negotiate my bill with Verizon and Sprint. Working with them was very easy. I did it all through the app and then got an email to verify some information and then sent it in. Verizon was a no, but BILLSHARK negotiated with Sprint and it was $10 for two months and that was that. I was expecting that I could save $200 or something a year, that could probably save me $15 a month. Even if they'd take $5 a month for one year that would be cool, but $20 was not really much. Every time I called Sprint trying to negotiate something, that was the same deal that they gave me. I wish I could’ve done it myself and I not have to pay $7 to BILLSHARK. I wasn't necessarily impressed with the outcome but the experience was good. It was super easy to use.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I needed to lower my bill down just a little bit and I heard about BILLSHARK from a friend. I have their app and I just uploaded my bill to the app. Then somebody emailed me about it. I wanted to see it work and it has been working and currently doing okay. My bill has been down. 40% of what they say they got back but it is less than what I pay. I would tell friends to go get BILLSHARK.

BILLSHARK response

Thanks for the 5 stars, Stanley! We can't wait to help your friends save!

Original review: May 18, 2018

I got an app suggesting to use BILLSHARK so I tried that. Most of the people in the United States using online are not aware of the things going on with their bills. So if they go with BILLSHARK, they could see a lesser fee and they could negotiate something which we didn’t know. In general, BILLSHARK's service would satisfy customers. But in my case, they did not do that much. When they were negotiating the bill, they called me. And on the day after that, I did not get any call though I got a email. But I was not getting any time to replace that and I was waiting for them to call.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I came across BILLSHARK online, read about what they are and what they do, and just went with them. I went through the process, let the process take care of itself, and then got the results online. I never really spoke with anybody. I have the app, did everything through it and had the results on it within a week. I had a phone bill that they negotiated for me and I’m pretty satisfied. The service was really fast and it’s good quality.

BILLSHARK response

Your Sprint bill never stood a chance with us! Thanks for the review, Stephen!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 16, 2018

I downloaded the BillShark financial management app and the services that were affiliated with it. I was like, "Hey, cool. Why not save money?" In the app, I said, "Sure. Negotiate my bills." And then, it's like saying, "Hey, BillShark is gonna be the one to negotiate, looking at these bills." The rep told me specifics about the discounts that were available and he was able to get and how the whole process went. He was able to always answer questions. They talked with AT&T and DirecTV and they sent me emails, texts and a call occasionally to keep me updated on the process. However, They ask for billing so fast and they put it all upfront. It would be nice if they bill us a month later after we've seen the reductions come through. That way they could behave like it really did work and it's not like some scam.

They haven’t paid my invoice yet, just because that's asking for two years savings right upfront without me seeing if I have saved anything. They negotiated my DirecTV bills first and I was able to see that reduction go through my account. Shortly after they sent me the invoice I paid it off 'cause it wasn’t much. It's $105. And then, they negotiated my AT&T bills. Then they charged me again for the first things that I paid and I figured they had already paid that part. They're still $300 which is a lot upfront. I'm still watching for my AT&T bill to go through my account and they've been bugging me about, "Hey, you have an outstanding balance," I'm like, "Why are you asking for two years worth of supposed savings without me seeing ever a reduction?" I would cautiously recommend BillShark. Just be sure you ask and be careful about when are things due and when do you get to see the savings.

BILLSHARK expert review by Jonathan Trout

BILLSHARK’s mission is to help people live financially smarter lives by lowering their monthly bills. They will negotiate common bills such as cable, internet, security systems, landlines and satellite radio. BILLSHARK works with all of the most common service providers and boasts an 85 percent success rate. It also donates one hour of financial literacy instruction to a child for every bill it negotiates.

• How it works: Send BILLSHARK your bills through email, their mobile app or their website. They will go to work negotiating each line item on your bill, keeping you informed with regular status updates. Any savings they get you will show up on your next bill from your provider. Getting started only takes 10 minutes.

• Pricing: BILLSHARK’s fee is 40 percent of the savings they get you. If they save $1,000 a year, they keep $400. If they don’t save you anything, there are no fees. If a service provider goes back on the deal they made with BILLSHARK, they will go back and make sure you get your savings or refund your savings in full.

• Savings calculator: Curious to know how much BILLSHARK can save you? Check out their savings calculator on their website. Put in the type of bill you have and the amount to get an instant estimate.

• Rewards: When you refer a friend, they get $10 off on BILLSHARK fees and you receive a $10 Amazon gift card. You will also get a $25 dining or retail gift card for getting started.

• Mobile apps: BILLSHARK has a mobile app that lets you snap pictures of your bills, upload and submit them from your mobile device. Using your smartphone makes the process quick and easy and keeps you from having to boot up your computer to download saved copies of your bills.

• Best for: consumers looking to save money on their monthly bills.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout