Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.24/5

Since 2016, BILLSHARK has been empowering customers to take control of their bills. Their highly skilled negotiators, “Sharks”, work hard to help save you hundreds of dollars every year and lower your monthly bills. If they don’t save you money, they don’t get paid. Customers can easily snap and upload their bills in two minutes or less. BILLSHARK negotiates a variety of bills, including satellite TV, cable, internet, wireless phone, satellite radio, and home security. Sign up today to start saving money at no risk and get a $25 dining or shopping reward!

BILLSHARK Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BILLSHARK?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about BILLSHARK?

Original review: May 14, 2020

Billshark was the first bill reduction service I used so I didn't have any experience how this generally worked. The writing about them was upfront and they'd only do one year instead of two which was more reasonable. But I was shocked with not realizing that I was gonna get charged two years’ worth of the savings upfront. I felt misled, so I asked their representative to find me the writing where it explained how that worked. She tried her best, but she didn't know either because she didn't give me a straight answer. I had to press her and eventually, she found it. But Billshark did save me money in the long run. So, I accepted that one saving but I started using another service for my other bill.

BILLSHARK response

Hi Vinh- thank you for taking the time to review our services! Our team works hard to make sure that our pricing structure is upfront prior to a negotiating taking place. As well, our pricing is standard across our industry. What makes our company stand out from the rest is our exceptional customer service our team of Sharks provide to their customers on every negotiation.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I've used BILLSHARK before. It's the first company that I've heard of that did that. They saved me money before so I went back again. Once you get started, it's easy but it's hard to figure out how to get it going. My mom gives up. She even saved a bunch of money the last time when I got her to go through it, but it's too hard for her to figure out. Her and my mother-in-law just won't do it. BILLSHARK took a long time to get back with me. But once we got it going, that was good. The reps were really helpful as far as texting back and forth. They were easy to get along with and seemed to be helpful and friendly. The cost is kind of a lot. But without BILLSHARK, you get nothing. It's reasonable. Go for it. All they can do is either save money or you lose nothing.

BILLSHARK response

Thank you for your continued support throughout the years! We love saving out returning customers more $money$!! Thank you, Christie!

Get buying tips about Bill Negotiation Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2020

My son is 26 and is pretty savvy. He used Billshark before and he must've liked them because he recommended them and kinda set me up to them. Being at this age, I was a little skeptical and it took me about a little over a month of him telling me to do it, to do it. Billshark negotiated my bills and it was very positive. The dealings I had with them went very smoothly. I'm very happy and I'm quite surprised at how well it worked. I recommended them to a friend of mine. I told them how Billshark worked for us and how they lowered our bills so easily. My friend said he's gonna look into it too.

BILLSHARK response

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review, Jay! We can't wait to help your friends out with their bills. Enjoy your savings!!

Original review: March 17, 2020

BillShark had a pretty straightforward process and it was fairly easy. I recently had one of my bills increased in price because the promotion was over and the whole deal with BillShark was negotiating their price down for your bills. It seemed like something worth a shot. Of the three I submitted, BillShark was able to negotiate two of them. I like the expeditious nature of getting the bill reduced. That’s always something people are looking for nowadays to see if it could turn around. But it takes a little time for them to negotiate the bill down and to get an update.

BILLSHARK response

Hi Andrew- thank you very much for your review!! We hope that you enjoy your savings and we can't wait to save you more money in the future!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I saw a Billshark ad on Facebook which sent me to them. The first time, I didn’t have any bills that the girl could help me with but everything was great. Then, the second time I did it, I was supposed to refer somebody and I had issues being able to get my link to work. She was able to help me. I dealt with the same lady both times, which was kinda nice because it wasn’t like you got tossed around to whoever. Plus, she was wonderful.

I’ve always done my own bill such as calling and trying to negotiate and the cost that Billshark charges is one of those things that if I had a bill come up in the future, I would probably try to negotiate first and try to get it down because it is a little bit higher. I’m also very much of a penny pincher. If the cost was lower, then that would lead me to using them more as a first resort instead of a second resort. Still, they were able to negotiate two of my bills.

BILLSHARK response

Jacque, Thank you very much for taking the time to give us a great review! We truly appreciate your positive feedback on your shark and appreciate you as our customer! We look forward to continue to work with you in the future! We love to save our customers money!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

Heard about BillShark through ads for the Albert app. Like many others, I was laid off from my job due to COVID-19. I looked into BillShark and learned (they say) they can save you money on some of your bills, which is what I needed so I signed up to have my phone bill and internet bill negotiated. When I signed up, it was not at all made clear that they charged 40% on total savings for 24 months; my understanding was that they charged 40% on the first month of savings, which seemed fair given that they were theoretically only needing to make a single call for each bill.

After a couple WEEKS of waiting, someone was finally assigned to my account and I ended up being told that she saved me $10/mo on my phone bill and a whopping $3/mo on my internet bill. Great, so I’ve saved $13/mo during a time that every dollar counts. I then receive my invoice... for $110! They were “kind enough” to split this into 6 payments of $19. Up until this point I still had no idea it was 40% of total amount “saved” for 24 months so I was shocked when I saw the bill.

I’m now SPENDING MORE than I “saved” while I’m unemployed and struggling to keep afloat. I reached out to them but they were unwilling to make any changes to my bill. So fine, I just decided to suck it up and pay, and just never use them again and advise my friends/family never to use them. My next phone and internet bills come in and the savings are not reflected, I thought okay, maybe these savings will be reflected on the NEXT bills since it’s only been a couple weeks since the negotiations. The following month my internet bill comes in and it shows the $3 savings.

My newest phone bill just came in and it’s exactly the same amount as it was before the negotiation! There are no savings! I fear that the bill they saw to “negotiate” was in fact $10 higher, due to an international call— had nothing to do with the plan itself. And now they’re saying that they “saved” me money, when in fact they didn’t. I have reached out to them again, awaiting a response. I am not a confrontational person, I do not get upset easily, but this experience has been completely ridiculous. At the end of the day, they will have saved me a total of $36 and I owe them $110, all while unemployed. How on earth does this make sense? They’re taking advantage of people during these extremely tough times.

Hi Christina-

On 9/03/20, you submitted your wireless bill through the Albert app and your cable/internet bill via our direct website. The Albert bill submission process states, “If Billshark succeeds, they charge a fee equal to 40% of your overall savings.” Our team works closely with Albert and strives to make our fee as transparent as possible prior to customers signing up for our service. On our direct website, the pricing structure is also listed in multiple areas, as well as an estimate that shows you how much our Sharks could save you over X amount of months.

On your wireless bill, the savings will show as $5 off each phone line bringing your access fees from $35 to $30.The savings will take up to 2 billing cycles to reflect. These savings are not dependent on the international call charges shown on your prior bills.

Original review: July 1, 2020

Signed up to Billshark to negotiate my cable bill. Filled out a form one line and they did negotiate a lower bill. Gladly paid them $144 for this negotiation. Then got a text from them asking if they wanted them to check my cell phone bill. I texted, "Yes never filled out any more forms." They called and said they got my bill lowed by a few dollars and wanted to charge me $88. I said I wanted to not accept this change since the fee versus the savings weren’t worth it and they had changed my plan from unlimited to a limited plan. Courtney who was handling my negotiation said I couldn’t cancel and I had to pay the $88! I explained I was a senior and had just paid $144 and couldn’t afford the $88 for such a small savings. They still won’t cancel my bill. I am filing a complaint with my State Attorney General as would never recommend this company to anyone.

BILLSHARK response

Hi Diane- Reviewing your recent support interactions, it looks like our management team did cancel the Verizon Wireless invoice amount for you. We do apologize for any confusion regarding this if it wasn't clarified prior to the end of your interaction with them. Please contact us with any further questions or concerns.

Original review: May 9, 2020

BILLSHARK negotiated my internet bills. I just sent an email and I uploaded the bill then they talked to the internet company and adjusted my bill. However, I feel like the amount that BILLSHARK is charging is a bit expensive. They almost charged 40% of what I saved. But it was all very easy.

BILLSHARK response

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Vikas! We appreciate your business and hope to save you more in the future for your bills!

Original review: May 5, 2020

A agent name Megan told me I will not be charge a fee for just changing my service then I received a bill. So I call and was told that it was not correct. Megan boss told me she hear Megan said I will be charge so I ask if I can hear that. Then I received a email stated I will not be charge. Guess what they call Centurylink and change the work order. I will not use this services again.

BILLSHARK response

Hi Julie- It looks like there was some confusion regarding your negotiation. Billshark is not charging you a fee for the one-time credits that were applied to your account. Our team has attempted to help you with your service issues a few times, but you have not allowed them to. Reviewing the phone calls between your Shark and your provider, there was no changes made to the services.

Original review: May 2, 2020

A friend told me to reach out to BILLSHARK. The enrollment was a great experience. I liked their rep's professionalism. I got some savings through their service. Everything’s complete now, and I would definitely refer them.

BILLSHARK response

Thank you Reeves for the fantastic review! We love hearing about our customers great experiences with their sharks. Enjoy your savings and stay safe!

BILLSHARK author review by Clark Kendall

BILLSHARK’s mission is to help people live financially smarter lives by lowering their monthly bills. They will negotiate common bills such as cable, internet, security systems, landlines and satellite radio. BILLSHARK works with all of the most common service providers and boasts an 85 percent success rate. It also donates one hour of financial literacy instruction to a child for every bill it negotiates.

• How it works: Send BILLSHARK your bills through email, their mobile app or their website. They will go to work negotiating each line item on your bill, keeping you informed with regular status updates. Any savings they get you will show up on your next bill from your provider. Getting started only takes 10 minutes.

• Pricing: BILLSHARK’s fee is 40 percent of the savings they get you. If they save $1,000 a year, they keep $400. If they don’t save you anything, there are no fees. If a service provider goes back on the deal they made with BILLSHARK, they will go back and make sure you get your savings or refund your savings in full.

• Savings calculator: Curious to know how much BILLSHARK can save you? Check out their savings calculator on their website. Put in the type of bill you have and the amount to get an instant estimate.

• Rewards: When you refer a friend, they get $10 off on BILLSHARK fees and you receive a $10 Amazon gift card. You will also get a $25 dining or retail gift card for getting started.

• Mobile apps: BILLSHARK has a mobile app that lets you snap pictures of your bills, upload and submit them from your mobile device. Using your smartphone makes the process quick and easy and keeps you from having to boot up your computer to download saved copies of your bills.

by Clark Kendall Personal Finance Expert

Clark Kendall has over 30 years of domestic and international investment and wealth management experience, focused on serving Middle-Class Millionaires. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) and Certified Financial Planner (CFP). He is the president and CEO of Kendall Capital in Washington, D.C., and a member of the Washington Society of Chartered Financial Analysts.

BILLSHARK Company Information