4.15/5
Based on 102 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 2015, BILLSHARK has been empowering customers to take control of their bills. Their highly skilled negotiators, “Sharks”, work hard to help save you hundreds of dollars every year and lower your monthly bills. If they don’t save you money, they don’t get paid. Customers can easily snap and upload their bills in two minutes or less. BILLSHARK negotiates a variety of bills, including satellite TV, cable, internet, wireless phone, satellite radio, and home security. Sign up today to start saving money at no risk and get a $25 dining or shopping reward!

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 11, 2018

116 BILLSHARK Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I was trying to figure out some right budgeting. I sought BillShark's services and everything went well during the enrolment. I was satisfied and it was easy to work with them. The phone bill that I wanted to get down, I got down. the only thing was I've been trying to pay, but it's being weird every time I try to log in. Other than that, everything is true about BillShark and others should try it out.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

BILLSHARK told me they can cut my bill in half but it's still the same. Plus, the cost of their service is ridiculous. I only had one interaction with BILLSHARK and I never heard from them again. I’m not too pleased with the company.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I was overpaying my bill for mobile phone, and seeing BillShark advertised, I thought they would be able to reduce my bill. Getting enrolled in the service was really easy. I was contacted by somebody via phone and the reps I’ve worked with were great. I got a $10 adjustment on my cell phone bill which is not much but that’s something. It was easy working with BillShark.

Now I’m getting a request to pay for BillShark’s services but I wasn’t aware I would need to pay them anything at all. I thought they would handle that on their side without the customer being involved. And so we’re paying upfront for the entire year. If that was communicated to me, I would think twice about using them. That’s money out of my pocket right now that I need to give to BillShark as opposed to them taking care of that money and taking it out from the bill. The cost is okay but $5-10 is less than 10% of what I currently pay which is not a big difference. Going forward, I’d use them again depending on the amount that I would be saving. I’d also tell friends to look into it.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

BillShark said that they were going to lower the bill as to what they think could be a better rate. But when I got the bill, it went up 97%. I wouldn’t recommend BillShark because you’re just going to get charged on something that they cannot do.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I would recommend BillShark. I found them and it looked like a unique idea so I thought I'd use them on my internet and cable bills. The application process was simple. I downloaded the app, took a picture of my bills and sent those to them. Someone then contacted me a day later and told me how much I was going to save. After that, they processed the payment and they went over the new plan for the particular bill I sent. They also had to have the cable bill adjusted and that might take a month. Their reps were friendly and easy to work with too. Most of our interactions were via email, but they once called me to tell me how much they were able to save me and that if I ever have questions, to call or email them. They cost is 40% of whatever they save you and based on how they treated me, I thought it was fine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BILLSHARK?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I wanted to see BillShark's services and how much they can lower my bills. They took one of my bills and negotiated it with the provider on my behalf. The process was smooth and they managed to reduce my bill by $10, but the 40% fee is high. I'd definitely ask others to use BillShark though.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

BillShark was able to reduce my DirecTV monthly payment so I'm happy. I could've done it myself but I didn't want to start following up on calling DirecTV under my service because that takes quite some time. Instead, everything was through BillShark’s webpage and I was really happy with the whole process. I just uploaded my invoices and they replied back that they were looking at them and contacting the providers. Then, they came back saying that they were able to reduce the DirecTV monthly payment. They couldn't do anything for the cable but I'm still very happy that they're the lowest one in the market. I would recommend BillShark. They’re easy to use and everything was good and fast. So if others want to try it, they should.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I wanted to try and see if I could get my Verizon bill lowered and so I signed up with BillShark since they have some pretty good rating. They requested that I send them my PIN number to get access to my bill, which I did, but I've never heard a thing back from them. We interacted through text and email, and I'm just waiting for them to give me call back. But so far, I'm satisfied with BillShark.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Working with BILLSHARK was very easy. I just signed up online and then I attached the copy of the cable bill that I wanted to lower, and BILLSHARK lowered my bill by $10 a month for a year. Unfortunately, everything else I have is not something they offer for negotiation. But from my amount of savings, I feel their service fee was a bit high. Other than that, I was satisfied with them. It’s a quick way to try to save some money on some of the standard bills.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

BillShark was on an app that I used and it said that they can try to lower my bills. I had a bunch of exclusions and they were able to take a couple of those and gave me at least a couple of credits. Enrolling was really easy. I went to their website, registered, and then I uploaded a pdf copy of my bill that I want them to try to negotiate. Then, it took them probably about three days to negotiate that bill. They came back to me with any issue like if they can change my subscription or if they can get me a bill credit. They do that on my behalf.

The negotiators talked to me the entire time. They always stayed in contact with me whatever they were negotiating on and they didn’t make willy-nilly decisions without me knowing. The cost of their service was very reasonable and I was very satisfied with my enrollment with them. If you have a lot of subscriptions or some bills that you think you could lower, try the program.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

After several interactions with Billshark, I found the company's customer service to have been extraordinary. Each time they very pleasant, helpful, patient, and accommodating with me, which was very helpful when I was experiencing some financial issues. That speaks volumes.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I had this app called Acorns. It was for investing and BillShark was one of the partner apps. If I save with BillShark, the most money that I save will go into the Acorns investing app. It was easy to enroll with BillShark. The BillShark rep and I interacted through email and text. I sent them a picture of my bill and then gave my account number. I had BillShark negotiate my Verizon bill and it got lowered to $20 a month. They lowered it for two years and the fee is 40% of whatever they save me. They should be clearer about the fee and charges. But other than that, it was all done professionally. If people want to lower their internet or cable bill and they're going to have it for a while, if they don't mind the upfront fees, then they should go with BillShark.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I was trying to cut expenses. Setting up with BillShark was relatively easy but there were a couple of bills still outstanding that I'm not sure what happened. They tried one time to get access to the account but they couldn't and they didn’t inform me. On the other hand, with the one they did for my Verizon bill, I put all the information, gave them access to that account and things were done without me having to request it to be done and having to do a lot of follow through. They were able to help me and I could see in the bill that I will save $300 over the next three years because of the contract expense system. However, BillShark wanted half of that paid now, and I don’t realize that cost-saving until three years. It would be better to have a payment term where I can pay them as I'm experiencing the savings. BillShark works and I had a decent experience with them, but the payment is all upfront.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

My brother told me about BillShark, so I tried them. I downloaded the app and put my bank information in. Their reps were good and they were able to negotiate one bill for me. I like it that they can work to lower bills and it was pretty easy working with them. In addition, their price is good, too. I would recommend them just like what my brother did.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I used Truebill, and from there, I got a reference to BILLSHARK. I made a couple of clicks on that and then I faced them. BILLSHARK sent me an email and ask me for the Verizon bill, which I sent them. We were communicating on the email, and they said that my monthly bill from Verizon was too high and that they can negotiate on my behalf. They were not able to reduce my monthly bill but they were able to give me a one-time discount. The rep was not able to open my bill and was asking for something. I said I gave her the PIN in the email and then she said she got the PIN and it was working. I didn't interact with a representative again apart from this incident as there was nothing to talk about. The cost of the program was too high and they charged me about 30% more, but it was just one time, so it was okay. Otherwise, my experience with BILLSHARK was pretty smooth, and I will definitely tell other people to use their service if possible.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I sought BillShark’s services to lower my wireless bill. Other companies do that plus other stuff, but BillShark specializes in it. They negotiated one bill for me and it was easy working with them. The cost of their service was a little high but I was satisfied with my experience.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I was using Truebill and they promote BillShark. It was super easy to work with BillShark. Whenever there is any misinformation, they’re really quick to get back to me and re-process it clean. When you sign up, you fill out lots of information. I was a little wary because it does ask for lots of personal information. But after you fill out the information, it goes to your credit card payment for the recurring bill. They were able to lower my wireless phone bills $10 a month. I saw that they take 40% of the savings over the rest of the contract. But I figured saving any money is better than saving no money at all. At that point, they had me fill out information specific to my Verizon account, including my account number, PIN, and security information so that they could access my account on my behalf. They talked to Verizon and were able to negotiate a lower rate and also increased my data per month.

BillShark sent me a couple of emails to follow up on some of the missing information. They were super prompt and polite. The service is super easy and they do all the work for you. When you call Verizon and try to negotiate the bill, sometimes it can get awkward. BillShark takes out the awkward interaction with salespeople on the other end of the line. I was hugely satisfied with their service.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I have an app called Acorns and while I was going through it, there was something about how to save money on bills using BillShark. There was also a link there to the BillShark website. I signed up and I got a $10 rebate through Acorns for using the service. Working with BillShark was really easy. All I had to do was submit my bill and they took care of everything else.

Once I got all set, they called me to let me know they got everything and that they were getting ready to make the calls or if any more information was needed they’d email or call me. Then they had to call me back because they were missing the billing address. So, I had to give them that. Once everything was done, they let me know. Later, they called me back and said that they were able to save me saved me around $3 a month off my cable receiver unit. I also got an email detailing everything. It was a straightforward and simple process. And I was impressed that they called me and went through everything because nobody calls people anymore, people just get emails.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

A friend recommended Billshark because they lowered their electric bill. It was easy working with Billshark and they negotiated one bill for me but there were a lot of parts they left out. They didn't tell me that I would have to pay them once the bill was settled. I would have no issue negotiating it myself if I knew I had to pay for them to do so. I didn't realize it was going to be $75 to pay them to negotiate something. They were helpful in the beginning but it was confusing in terms of the billing. We interacted mostly through email and it was pretty easy. The reps were good. The cost was way too expensive based on the quality and if I knew it, I could have negotiated it myself. I probably would have done it that way. I would tell my friends who would ask me about Billshark to ask them appropriate questions that will work.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I saw a deal through Acorns where if I had BillShark review a bill, I get $10 with my Acorns account. So, I enrolled with them and it was an easy process. They said they have negotiated my bill but the last bill I got was double the price of my normal phone bill. And then, BillShark sent me a bill on top of that for claiming that they cut my bill. So now, I've got three times the bill that I would usually have. I need to wait for the next bill cycle to come out, but at the moment, I'm not satisfied and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Their rep guessed that that happened because they negotiated my bill halfway through a billing cycle. So now, it was prorated on top of my normal bill. They say that my next bill should be significantly lower, but I'll believe it when I see it. They should have communicated with me upfront. Instead of telling me that they were able to do something for me, it would've been better to tell me what they could do and what would happen. That should've taken place instead of me rolling with what they were doing and then letting me know afterward when it's too late.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I have the Truebill app and it said that I could save a certain amount of money on a bill by using BillShark. The enrollment was very simple and then they have access to my statements so they can view my recurring charges. Their representatives were professional and competent in being as helpful on my financial situation. However, they could improve the communications in terms of the services associated with it. I should have known that since it is a service, I have to pay for it. And I feel blindsided. I didn’t know if it was a part of the Truebill app or it was just a service, so I didn’t get the upfront cost. Other than that, it was good overall. If there’s opportunity in using it for savings, then I will use it again. I was satisfied with it.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I had a very easy experience with BillShark and I was very satisfied working with them. I initially signed up with them to manage all of my bills and they have an app that I loaded. They told me that I was paying too much for cable and they negotiated that deal for me. I was very excited that they could save me money, because I know working with cable companies would be stressful. They did it all for me and they've cut my bill by $30. Their representative was very professional and our interaction was smooth and easy. Also, the cost of service was fair. I've already recommended to my friends to use BillShark.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

BillShark came through Truebill and they were pretty easy to work with them. I preferred the email interaction with the BillShark rep rather than the call. Enrolling with them was super easy. But they could improve on detailing out the fees and what the options are. The breakdown should have been clearer. The fees were just a small print upfront. Other than that, BillShark saved me money so it was worth it.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Working with BillShark was easy as I just submitted the request on the application and they worked on my cell phone bill. But it was misleading. Apparently, they called my cell phone company and my cell phone company issued a credit and I’m not really sure for what as they couldn’t explain. The credit was $25 and then I got charged $10. It was a big amount of credit and I didn’t know about the charge as nobody got in contact with me. They contacted my cell phone company and didn’t introduce themselves as BillShark. And when I called my cell phone company, they said I called a few days ago. So BillShark pretty much pretended they were me. Don’t use BillShark.

BILLSHARK response

HI Samuel, thanks for using our service! It looks like you were already on the best rate with your provider but we were able to squeeze a little more out in the form of a one-time savings/discount.

The amount you were billed ($10), which is our advertised rate when you enrolled in the service.

Just to provide some additional clarification; we do not identify ourselves as Billshark when we call your provider, which is why they wouldn't have a record of us calling. When our Sharks call, they use their first names and say that they are calling on your behalf. We have noticed in some cases that the provider annotates in their system that the "customer" called so that it appears that you called when you speak to the next rep. It all depends on how the provider rep updates their system.

We would love the opportunity to save you more on your other bills! If you decide to send them in, we offer a 20% discount on all additional bills you send us!

Have a great day!

-BILLSHARK

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

A friend told me about BillShark and I heard they called some of the bills that I had, so I contacted them. I signed up and gave them a copy of the bills. They came back with a proposal. They gave me updates on the progress and were able to negotiate a good price for one of my bills.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I was on some site and BillShark's ad popped up. It offered to cut utility by a large percentage. It also said that if they wouldn't be able to do what they said, then there's no charge, and if they would, it's 40% of whatever they'd cut. They had a list of what service they offer and the only thing that was applicable to me was Verizon. It was easy working with them. It was just a matter of uploading the bill online and there were a couple of questions to answer. When I uploaded the bill, they said that they weren’t able to view it and they sent me another email to either log into Verizon through their site or upload the bill again, and I wasn’t comfortable with the former one. And then, I just heard back from them that they only got a $40 reduction on my Verizon. From the $40, I paid them $10 which was the 40% that they charged.

Their ad was very eye-catching and anyone would jump on it, but then thinking about it, why would the utility slash the bills so much and how great of a negotiating could be being that BillShark would get the utility to do that? The utilities are set in stone and what BillShark offers is impractical. But then they did what they said and I'm satisfied. I would tell others my mediocre experience and not to expect a lot from BillShark.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I went through Truebill, an app I downloaded for financing and budgeting. It shows my bills and their total. It said that my Verizon bill was too much and asked me if I would like BillShark to negotiate it down for me. I clicked yes but there wasn't any registration for BillShark itself. I made an account through the TrueBill app and they used the information from there. So I did everything through that third-party app and our communication was mostly over email which was totally cool with me. Then I got an email saying that BillShark negotiated my Verizon bill to $8 a month. It wasn't a ton but every little bit counts. Their process was simple and easy. In the end, I got to save money, too. I would recommend them to others.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I was interested in having BillShark reduce the monthly payment on our cable account and working with them has been extremely easy. I just used their website and uploaded a copy of our most recent statement. And it worked out for me.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

BillShark’s service was part of Truebill, an app I was using. BillShark was recommended that they could negotiate bills lower, so I gave it a shot. The service was very automated and worked very smoothly. However, it was a little bit frustrating at the end because it wasn’t what I expected. A portion of my bill was negotiated lower and the other portion was raised, so I didn’t really have my bill lowered. For instance, they negotiated my plan lower, but then the bill for my phone went higher. But overall, it was an okay experience for me. I would tell my friends to give BillShark a shot and maybe they would have a different experience than mine.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I was really interested to know more about the information that I saw on social media about how BillShark helps all their guys and I wanted to find out more about how Billshark will help me. There were three transactions. The first two I was truly satisfied with the kind of interaction Billshark made mainly with the ADT and the Comcast one. On the third one, I was the one who made the changes in terms of DirecTV service. Then suddenly I received a bill from DirecTV from changes that Billshark made on the previous plan that I agreed with DirecTV so I was like, “No. I’m not going to pay”. I talked to Andrea and we had a back and forth for almost three weeks. At the end, I received a bill from DirecTV of almost double the amount that I agreed with DirecTV because of the changes they made. I told Andrea I was not going to pay for this amount because Billshark was the one who screwed everything up.

To solve the DirectTV issue, I sent Billshark a note. I have not received back yet and I sent them a copy of the invoice with the charges that I received versus the charges that they were giving. I was truly satisfied with their service until the DirecTV issue.

BILLSHARK Company Information

www.billshark.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use