Compare Offers

3. Personal Loans

4.9/5 (45 ratings)
Compare Offers  on Personal Loan Pro

About Best Egg

Best Egg is an online lender that offers personal, debt consolidation and credit card refinancing loans. It offers loans up to $50,000. The company promises a simple application process and typically sends payments in as little as one business day. Borrowers can take out multiple loans and don’t have to worry about prepayment penalties.

Pros

• Fully online process
  • Can take out multiple loans
  • Receive funds in as little as a day
  • Competitive interest rates

Cons

• Credit score requirements
  • Minimum income requirements

Bottom Line

Best Egg is an online lending platform that specializes in providing quick, low-interest personal loans. It focuses on getting you the most competitive rates. It provides debt consolidation and refinancing options.

Top Best Egg Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Best Egg is a simple process. Professional staff. Excellent customer service. Website easy to navigate. ... I have been on other websites and it has been my experience that as soo...

Verified

In no time a few questions and a loan was provided. Talk about a great experience. Thank you ladies and gentlemen. You are the Best Egg. I've done business with a lot of other com...

What is Best Egg?

Best Egg is an online lender that provides personal loans to borrowers across the country. The platform is designed to deliver funds quickly and with minimal hassle. Approvals often only take minutes, with funds available in as little as one day. Best Egg’s personal loans can be used for any purpose, whether you're consolidating debt, renovating your home or going on vacation.

How does Best Egg work?

Best Egg offers unsecured, low-interest personal loans from $2,000 to $50,000. The application process is simple:

1. Fill out the application on Best Egg’s website. You need to have certain information on hand, including:
    • Your desired loan amount
    • Individual and household income
    • Home type
    • Debt information
    • Personal information (e.g., Social Security number)
  2. Best Egg runs a soft credit check to determine your eligibility and potential rates. This check won’t affect your credit score, and it lets you compare loan offers.
  3. Best Egg gives you offers for 36-month and 60-month loans. Once you agree to your loan terms, the company may request further proof of identity and income. You also need to provide your checking account routing number, which Best Egg uses to transfer funds.

It’s important to note that Best Egg conducts a hard credit check before finalizing your loan, which could affect your credit score.

Best Egg loan requirements

Best Egg has specific eligibility requirements that loan applicants must meet, including:

• Have a credit score of 640 or higher
  • Have an annual income of $35,000 or higher
  • Have a valid email address and bank account
  • Be of legal age to accept a loan in your state of residency
  • Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident residing in the U.S.

Best Egg allows you to have two open loans at a time, as long as the first loan is in good standing and has been open for at least six months. The combined amount of both loans must be less than $50,000.

Best Egg rates and terms

Best Egg’s APRs can be anywhere from 5.99% to 29.99% and are based on loan length and borrowers’ credit scores.

Because Best Egg’s process is entirely online, the company has fewer underwriting costs and can offer better interest rates and fewer fees than many other loan providers. Loan terms last three to five years, but Best Egg doesn’t charge prepayment penalties. You can pay off your loan in full at any point after your first month’s payment without incurring any extra fees.

Best Egg fees

Best Egg charges a one-time origination fee on all loans to cover processing. It’s an upfront percentage taken out of the amount of your loan and included in the annual percentage rate (APR).

There is a $15 late fee if Best Egg doesn’t receive your payment on time and a $15 return fee if there are insufficient funds in your account.

Best Egg loans FAQ

Is Best Egg safe?
Best Egg is a trusted online lender with positive reviews from many of its customers. The online application and payment portals are secure and easy to use.
What credit bureau does Best Egg use?
Best Egg doesn't specify which credit bureaus it uses to verify borrower details or report payment information.
Does Best Egg verify income?
In some instances, Best Egg may need to verify your income. You may be required to provide proof of income or submit verifying documents.
Does Best Egg charge a fee?
Yes, Best Egg charges a one-time origination fee of 0.99% to 6.99% of the loan's balance. The lender may also charge fees for late payments and return payments.
Can I pay off my Best Egg loan early?
Best Egg does not charge early repayment penalties. After your first month's payment, you can repay the entire balance of your loan at any time.
Does Best Egg do a hard pull on your credit?
To give you a quote, Best Egg performs a soft pull, which doesn't affect your credit score. Once you accept the loan terms, however, Best Egg does a hard pull on your credit report to confirm your eligibility.

Is Best Egg legit?

Best Egg is a trustworthy online lender with flexible repayment terms and competitive interest rates. You can compare your options, use a loan calculator and explore other resources on its website. For borrowers who meet the credit requirements, Best Egg is worth considering as an online lender.

Best Egg Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Egg?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

The application process at Best Egg was very easy. Everything went smoothly as it could be. The rep I worked with was wonderful. We spoke about things other than the loan. I let him know what my situation was or what my background was and the kind of job that I had and what my income was now and why I needed the money, and that I would be paying it back very shortly. ‘Cause I'm expecting a settlement in a case I got going. So, it didn't take him any time to investigate to make sure I was legit. The next thing I know, he’d approved me. It was a wonderful experience. I couldn't believe how fast it was and how fast the money was in the bank.

Best Egg response

Jane, it makes us very happy that you had an enjoyable experience !

Get buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

To get approved with Best Egg is very easy. The interest rate isn't the best, but it's not real awful. Also, it was very quick to get the loan and the money into my account. Their customer service is great too. I had gotten in touch with customer service through the chat online and was wondering why the interest rate changed from one month to the next. I got very good response. I was told that was because I didn't pay it always on the same day. Sometimes, I was a week early, sometimes it was on the day, so the interest rate kind of changes a little bit. If you pay it early, naturally, your interest isn't going to be as high.

Best Egg response

Darryl, thanks for taking the time on giving us some of your feedback !

Original review: May 14, 2021

Best Egg has been a fantastic choice for consolidating credit card debt. I had spent years accruing this debt while in school, so when I finally had a stable job I used Best Egg to help manage this debt. The lower overall monthly payment allowed me to save up for a down payment on a home I just purchased. To my horror, I found out that a lot of work needed to be done on my home before I could move in, and making my monthly Best Egg payment was going to put me in a very tight spot financially.

I called Best Egg and explained my situation to their customer service representative, who calmly explained multiple options for how I could satisfy my debt obligations to Best Egg without worrying about how I was going to pay for groceries over the next two weeks. We discussed which option made the most sense, set up a plan of action, and I hung up the phone knowing exactly what to do next. I couldn't ask for better service and would definitely use them again.

Best Egg response

Thanks so much for sharing, Christopher! Good luck with the home improvements!

Original review: March 15, 2021

I was looking for a personal loan to consolidate some debts. Best Egg was extremely responsive and I was blown away with their customer service. I received my loan within 2 days of applying, and was set up with an account immediately. I needed to update my banking information, which was not a feature online, so I called customer service and was A) NOT on hold for any amount of time, and B) was greeted by an exceptional representative who was not only knowledgeable, but also very quick to resolve my issues and didn't require me to be on the phone for more than a few minutes. This representative was also kind, caring, and a genuine joy to chat with.

I highly recommend this company if you are looking for a personal loan. Their rates are competitive, they offer a variety of loans for your comfort level, and I can't say enough how amazed I was at the customer service and overall experience from start to finish. What other company would give you a loan within 2 days of applying?? Outstanding all around. Highly highly recommend.

Best Egg response

Thanks so much for sharing, Cherry!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Overall, I want to emphasize, how this company has managed the situation during early stages of Covid-19. I called them to ask them to hold my payments until I was in a better situation. They told me not worry, they worked with me. I really felt a little support from a corporate financial company. I Didn't have make payments for 4 months, until last month. I am still struggling with my payments and I really wish the company lower my payments in order for me to be able to afford it. Just saying, they want to go for the extra mile.

Best Egg response

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, Josue!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

Fast. Easy. Great Customer Service. If you fill out a few questions. They let you know very very fast... I actually thought it would be days before I would really get a response. Bada Bing bad bang big money in my account... Would use them over and over again...

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Best Egg is so easy to deal with. The process is very quick and the customer assistance is fantastic! If you need to borrow money, this is the place to go, you won't be disappointed. I would recommend this company.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Very satisfied with my experience with Best Egg. Easy to access and prompt.. Very pleasant, helpful representative to assist me with my concerns. I would recommend their services to other potential customers.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I had no problem getting an approval for the loan. The whole process was quick. I also spoke with a representative and she was knowledgeable, polite, and very personable. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a personal loan.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

It was awesome. The customer service representative was very helpful in letting me know how and what I needed for the loan..I tried with other places and was turned down but Best Egg came through for me. I'm so grateful.

Best Egg Company Information