2. Finance
  3. Loan Modification

Formerly Bayview Loan Servicing

4.1/5 (98 ratings)

About Community Loan Servicing

Community Loan Servicing is a nationwide mortgage lender. The company offers multiple mortgage loan options as well as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans.

Business Update – Coronavirus

Top Community Loan Servicing Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

…The reps were very helpful and they have stayed number one with me so far. They came through with everything that I needed and asked of them… They wouldn't hang up until you’re s...

Verified

… They assisted me in areas I asked for and they did a grand job. I recommended that their bosses treat them to lunch or whatever. I've made several calls on their behalf because ...

What is Community Loan Servicing?

Community Loan Servicing is a mortgage lender that offers new mortgage loans to homebuyers throughout the U.S., Guam and Puerto Rico. It’s a subsidiary of Bayview Asset Management, a larger wealth-management group. Community also supports a nonprofit focused on children’s education and enrichment in Florida. The company’s mission is to provide supportive, respectful loan servicing, even during financial hardships.

What does Community Loan Servicing do?

Community provides new mortgage loans to homebuyers across the country. It accepts loan applications exclusively over the phone, but you can manage your account online once accepted. It also offers online resources with further information about the company and available mortgage loans. If you struggle to make your mortgage payment, Community works with you to find options.

Community loan rates and fees

Community interest rates follow industry standards, so check current mortgage rates to get an idea of what you’ll pay. Mortgage rates tend to vary widely based on the type of loan, the amount of the loan and your credit history.

The company’s website features a schedule of fees, including appraisal that ranges from $400 to $675, title searches up to $500 and other associated costs. Borrowers in New York and Hawaii are subject to a separate fee schedule.

Community Loan Servicing FAQ

Who owns Community Loan Servicing?
Community Loan Servicing is a subsidiary of Bayview Asset Management, a wealth management firm that provides a variety of financial and lending services.
Does Community Loan Servicing offer refinancing loans?
No, Community does not offer home refinancing. It focuses solely on new mortgage loans.
Can you apply for Community Loan Servicing loans online?
No, you cannot apply for Community’s mortgage loans online. To begin your application, call Community during business hours.
Where is Community Loan Servicing located?
Community is based out of Florida, but it services loans for buyers throughout the U.S., Guam and Puerto Rico.

Is Community Loan Servicing legitimate?

Community Loan Servicing, previously known as Bayview Loan Servicing, is a legitimate lender that provides financing solutions for homebuyers across the country. It doesn’t offer mortgage refinancing, but potential borrowers can apply for new mortgage loans over the phone. Check Community’s website for a complete list of fees and educational resources.

Community Loan Servicing Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Community Loan Servicing?

Original review: June 1, 2021

My monthly payment changed and Community Loan Servicing was unable to process it because it was sign up for one amount, and they wanted to pick up another amount on top of it. My bank does not allow that. So, I contacted them to pay the difference. In the beginning, the rep didn't understand what I was calling about, and she wanted for me in automatic payment. I said I already am. It took her five minutes, a whole conversation from beginning to end to fix the problem. I would like to have people that when something doesn't go right with the payment, they should give me a quick call, because I take care of my finances right away if somebody calls me. I get a thousand emails and it's very difficult for me to figure it out which email comes from who. I will have to read a thousand emails in order to figure it out that my bank sent me an email. It doesn't come with a bell saying, "This is important. This is important."

Nothing wrong with calling people on the phone, especially nobody can come to their bank. A quick call, because it's a miscommunication by sending an email, or sending a letter saying I'm late for my payments. That's what they did. They sent me a letter saying "You're late for your payments." And I said, "How could I be late on one of my payments?" And I didn't realize that it was the change of the taxes. So, when the taxes increased, the amount increased. The difference was $180, which wasn't a lot. All they had to do was give a quick call and tell me, "Increased $180, do you want us to keep withdrawing the same amount or call your bank or whatever?" But to send a letter saying that I'm late for my payment, I had a hard time digesting that one. But they addressed the issue and fixed it.

Community Loan Servicing response

Llubica, Community Loan Servicing, regrets the experience you encountered. We take pride in our goal of providing all of our customers with excellent customer service. But first, thank you for writing this comment and providing your feedback.

I will review this situation and reach out to you to further discuss and work to resolve your concerns.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

NMLS #2469

Get buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2021

Every time I've called, I've had someone different. I spoked to one young man who asked if I wanted to only deal with him, and I said yes. And that was the first and last time that I ever spoke with him. I would like to deal with one person exclusively. Also, my mortgage payments are deducted directly from my checking account twice a month, and something happened where someone at Community Loan Servicing incorrectly input my account number. So, the payment was returned to my bank. And then, I got a call saying that my mortgage payment was past due.

So I called them, and they said that it was an error on the part of my bank. The person from the bank who assisted me could see what I saw, and they didn’t return the payment, that it was some issue with the mortgage company. But long story short, it was their fault. I was annoyed that, one, they didn't accept blame, and two, I wound up having to pay extra. Instead of the $568 that I pay bi-weekly, I had to pay an additional $300 to get my loan current, which I felt like if I made arrangements, then those arrangements should have been honored. If a mistake has been made on the part of the mortgage company, they should take the blame and deal with it fairly. When that happened and the payment was in limbo, that caused me to be kicked out of the payment arrangements I had made to pay them bi-weekly. It was a bit of a hassle. It wasn't that much, it's just that they wouldn't admit fault and I have a problem with that.

Community Loan Servicing response

Shawn, Community Loan Servicing, would like to apologize for the experience you encountered in reference to your loan. We appreciate the time you took to write this comment and value your feedback.

I will review the situation with your payment and will reach out to you to further discuss.

NMLS #2469

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

I was with Bayview. And when my husband lost his job last year, Bayview and I talked. We couldn’t pay the whole loan. They said it was fine. I paid all of the interest and as much as possible of the principal and we didn't have any problems. And then, my husband went back to work after six months. But they switched me to Community. Everyone understood me when we talked. However, I'm having a hard time with some of the people that I speak to. They do not understand what I'm saying. I cannot call and talk to anyone. They call me and that's when I get to talk to them. I find it hard for me to get to them. I know part of it is because of COVID. But I'm not changing. I'm not refinancing for any reason other than my interest rate is 8.8 with them, and I'm going to get it to 3.25. And that's a big reason to change.

Community Loan Servicing was very polite. The only problem I had is that they call so often over the same thing. The house is due the 28th. We’re going to pay it off by the 28th. But let’s say it’s due the 27th and I would call and say, “Okay, I'm going to pay it on the 22nd ‘cause that’s the day my husband gets paid.” I would pay it on the 19th or the 20th. A week and a half later, Community would call me again for the next month’s payment. Even though I've paid the amount plus an extra 300. And then, the next month I would pay the house out, plus an extra $300 to catch up what we were behind. However, they call me every 7 to 10 days. But we are about caught up with everything and I'm about to refinance my house.

Community Loan Servicing response

Vicki, Community Loan Servicing very much regrets the experience you encountered in your recent dealings with our team. We take pride in our goal of providing all of our customers with excellent customer service and would like the opportunity to understand better what took place. But first, thank you for writing this comment and providing your feedback.

I will be reaching out to you to discuss further and work to resolve your concerns.

We look forward to speaking with you soon.

NMLS #2469

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I took my mortgage out with City Finance and then Bayview bought them out. Then all of a sudden, my billing comes in showing that it's a different company. I got a letter and a card saying they were changing their name. So, I didn’t know until I called to find out. I knew my payment was going to somebody because they do automatic withdraw and I talked to Sean. He helped me through the whole thing and told me all that. But they should have sent me a letter saying that they were changing it over. I explained to Sean what my problem was about and he walked me through it. He said that they didn’t sell out to another company and has decided to change the name, and would keep withdrawing my payment out of my checking account each month.

There were times that I just barely got my payments in because of the mail and so Community Loan Servicing asked if I would do an automatic withdraw. I said yes and the lady I talked to asked when I wanted the payment withdrawn out. I said that we should do it the 19th of each month. My payment comes out of my Social Security check so whenever it gets in the bank, then I'll automatically withdraw my $611 for my payment. I get paid on the second Wednesday of each month from Social Security and so, that money is in the bank usually either on the 11th or the 14th of each month. It depends what second Wednesday falls. So if my payment is due on the 18th, I still have four days with the money being in the bank before they even withdraw it. But ever since I've done that, they would send me a late notice saying that I'm almost two months behind.

I've kept every one of the invoices because I don't want them coming back and saying I was late on my payment, which I had way before. They could have pulled it out on the 18th but they do it either on the 19th or 20th of each month. But my payment is due on the 18th. So, it always shows that I'm late. But then as soon as that the 18th comes and they think I'm past due, then the other invoice comes through and it shows everything I paid the month before. I talked to a lady once and asked her. She said that they could go through it. But I didn't mind it going through just like it is now because they've never charged me late fees.

In the past, I’ve had some problems with Community Loan Servicing but they’ve always fixed it. They've always explained to me. I thought my home insurance company was supposed to send their copy to my mortgage company to say I got home insurance. Community Loan just sent me a letter saying that if I don't have home insurance, they'll take it out for me. Evidently, the insurance company is not responsible to send everything to my mortgage company even though they know I have a mortgage.

Now, when I get my yearly deal for home insurance saying that it's going from one year to the next, I always make a copy of my policy and send it to them. That way, I know somebody's got some paperwork showing that I do have home insurance because I don't want them to ever take it out. Other than that, everything I've dealt with the company before Bayview and now has always been good. It's just that I'm always finding things that could go wrong that I don't want to go wrong.

Community Loan Servicing response

Thank you so much for your review, Michael. We appreciate you taking the time. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

NMLS #2469

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Most major places have their own processes in place but it always strikes me as strange that if I ask Community Loan Servicing to send me something, they have to tell somebody, who tells someone, who emails it to me four days later, which is cumbersome. Most major financial institutions do that though. I'm trying to refinance right now and had reached out to Community Loan Servicing five different times over six weeks for a payoff letter and I was never able to receive it. It's probably an industry thing right now with the rates so low and things being backed up.

I run a segment of recruiting for the third largest bank in the United States and that segment is the contact center. I'm kind of hyper aware of contact center issues. I don't know if these folks work from home but several of the people I talked to, the connections were really bad. But they were great. I've called a few different times about escrow and for some other random problems and they've always been helpful. Everybody I ever had to deal with was really solid. It's been good with Community Loan Servicing overall. My stuff got taken care of.

Community Loan Servicing response

Thank you so much for your review Vincent! We really appreciate you taking the time. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Resolution response: Sept. 17, 2021

Cheryl and her team's immediate follow up to rectify the error completely changed my initial opinion of Community Loan Servicing. It turns out that the incorrect mortgage balance is really due to Rocket Mortgage not having transferred the one-time payment amounts that I had made prior to the transfer of the loan. Cheryl personally kept me updated throughout her team's follow up with Rocket Mortgage via timely phone calls and ultimately resolved the issue quickly. Further, she assured me that they are proactively and concretely addressing the gaps in customer service that I had initially experienced.

This is a wonderful example of how an organization steps up to change their client's opinion and reset the trajectory of the engagement into a positive one. As to the deficiencies in their software, it works as expected. I have a tech background so I see a lot of potential for enhanced product design when their resources allow. Thank you CLS!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

The positive reviews here are not genuine and must be fake. Rocket Mortgage transferred my loan to CLS, and this is truly unfortunate. To begin with, my mortgage balance is still incorrect after multiple calls where I had to wait 20 minutes just to talk to representatives who couldn’t help me in any way. All they were able to do is to suggest I write emails to customer service. Fair enough, but after a whole week of three separate written requests, there’s still zero follow up from CLS. They are only available Monday through Friday with limited east coast hours as well. Further, their website and app are third rate with tons of bugs and deficiencies. Wish I could give them zero stars for all the time they’ve wasted. I sincerely hope no one has to ever deal with this incompetent business.

Community Loan Servicing response

Wanjae, Community Loan Servicing, would like to apologize for the experience you encountered in reference to your loan. We pride ourselves on providing all of our customers with excellent customer service. We appreciate the time you took to write this comment and value your feedback.

I am currently researching this situation and look forward to working with you to address your concerns. In addition, I will be reaching out directly to further discuss and attend to your concerns.

I look forward to speaking with you and diligently working to resolve your concerns.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I have been going through some tough times with this pandemic. I was in danger of losing my home. I called Community Loan Servicing to see how much time I had before the foreclosure process was going to begin. The first thing the representative said to me is 'we are going to do everything possible to prevent that from happening'. She went over my account with me and came up with a way to not only help me stay in my home but also gave me some time to get the account current. They are simply the best - do your part and they will bend over backwards to help. I cannot say enough good things about CLS - they are simply the best!!!

Community Loan Servicing response

Thanks for the fantastic review, Dawn! The team here at Community works hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you!!

Please let us know if there is ever anything else we can do. Best wishes!!!

NMLS #2469

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I had a good experience with Community Loan. I wanted to get a payoff balance. They were very helpful and answered every question I needed to be answered. Great customer service.

Community Loan Servicing response

Thanks for the review, Lovilly! The team here at Community works hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you!!

Please let us know if there is ever anything else we can do. Best wishes!!!

NMLS #2469

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

They said the payoff would take two days, but it took almost two weeks. The rep said that that request normally takes two days and then, what they did to me, it looked like a cell phone picture of a piece of paper that somebody had wrote out. So far, I'm not happy. I haven't got anything saying I need to mail payments to Community Loan or to a different address. So I'm not changing anything right now.

Community Loan Servicing response

Glenn, Community Loan Servicing, would like to apologize for the experience you encountered in reference to your loan. We pride ourselves on providing all of our customers with excellent customer service. We appreciate the time you took to write this comment and value your feedback.

I will be reaching out directly to further discuss and attend to your concerns.

NMLS #2469

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

They've been good but the website is not very user-friendly. I like to pay online and I couldn't get the online account set up. I called and they even had difficulty getting into their website. But that's the only hiccup. Their reps were very helpful and nice.

Community Loan Servicing response

Ronda, Community Loan Servicing, very much regrets your experience with our website, but I'm happy to hear that the representative was helpful. Thank you for writing this comment and providing your feedback.

We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Community Loan Servicing Company Information