1.18/5
Based on 22 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

31 Astoria Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 2, 2003

i have a checking account w/ astoria. im also in the military, so i use the direct deposit feature. ive been a member of astoria for 2 years now. last week, on 2/28, i was supposed to be paid. i wasnt. so i called 1800 astoria to find out if something was wrong. i was told that my account was closed. i talked to a customer service specialist and was told that they could not help me. i would have to talk to the branch. i called them and they told me it had been closed by discretion of the manager. they told me i would need to come to the branch. i callled back 1800 astoria and told them my story, including i am stationed in texas, and someone by the name of riochelle told me not to worry, she was handling the situation. i was told that i would be paid on sat mar 1st, and my account would be reopened. saturday came and i was not paid and my account was still not open. i called her back and she told me that she personally talked to the branch and that i would be paid. she then told me that my account was open but my direct deposit had been sent back to the department of defense by someone in the branch. i still have not been paid or know when i will be.

Astoria Bank Company Information

www.astoriabank.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.