4.7/5 (629 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage Corp. (NMLS #1168) is an online, direct-to-consumer lender that offers home purchase loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also refinance options for those who want to adjust their rate or term or take out cash. AmeriSave has helped over 664,000 borrowers, funding over $115 billion in loans since it was founded in 2002.

Pros

• Customized rate quotes in minutes
  • Lock in rate for 90 days and shop homes
  • Loan officers available to answer questions via chat
  • Closing in as little as 25 days

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • No HELOCs or home equity loans

Bottom Line

AmeriSave Mortgage offers a wide range of loan programs in most states. It has competitive rates for eligible borrowers buying a home or refinancing an existing loan. You can check your rates and get pre-qualified without any effect on your credit score.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2009

On 1/6/09, I completed the online application and understood it cost $35 charged to my credit card. On 1/10/09 (Saturday), I received a call from the loan officer, Jake **, letting me know documentation was coming. On 1/11/09 (Sunday), I received an email with documentation to download. I had to send the documentation to my fiancee's work email to download and print as I couldn't do that at home and had instructed the loan officer to regular mail me any information. On 1/12/09, I reviewed the refinance loan documents and the appraisal and discovered issues.

On the same day, 1/12/09, my fiancee and I had a phone conversation with the loan officer, Jake **, expressing our concerns and decided to stop the process. My fiancee emailed from her work as a follow up to our phone conversation that morning our desire to stop the refinance since the numbers didn't work and the documentation was not in order. Amerisave (Jake) stated we were responsible for a $500 termination fee! We questioned that and were met with rudeness and the Underwriting manager, Darla **'s inappropriate response to involve my fiancee's place of business.

Darla thought my fiancee was a competing mortgage loan officer because she was employed with SunTrust, so she assumed SunTrust Mortgage when she was employed with SunTrust Bank. Darla sent the entire email communication about my refinance to SunTrust Mortgage's senior VP of correspondent relationship to leverage her position and create drama for my fiancee because Darla thought she was losing the deal to SunTrust - when in fact we were Amerisave's customers!

From 1/10/09 to 1/12/09 was when this matter occurred with most of the communication happening on 1/12/09 - the appraisal was done on 1/8 prior to us receiving any loan documents and when we had received the initial loan documents and disclosures. On 1/12/09, we requested the transaction stopped but were met with extreme resistance and had already been charged fees that we had not authorized.

Original review: May 12, 2008

I recently received a certificate of approval for a home loan from amerisave. After I received it I have been getting emails stating that more information is needed. The email has the name of the loan officer who sent me the certificate and what appears to be her email address. I am not responding to the phish and I am trying to stop them from repeating. Anyone trying to qualify for a home loan might be at risk from this activity.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information