4.7/5 (687 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an online, direct-to-consumer lender for home loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also offers refinancing options for those who want to lower their payment or take out cash. AmeriSave has funded over $103 billion in home loans since 2002.

Pros

• Variety of loan programs
  • Free calculator tools online
  • Customized rate quotes in less than 3 minutes
  • Options with low down payment

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • No financing for manufactured homes

Bottom Line

AmeriSave offers a wide range of loan services in most states. Eligible borrowers can find competitive rates for buying a house or refinancing an existing loan, and the company has an average time of 34 days to closing.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

In my years of home ownership, I've applied for four original loans and refinanced three times. The experience I had with AmeriSave was probably the easiest and quickest, because the whole process was handled online. Plus, I was extremely happy with the interest rate I got. I would definitely recommend AmeriSave to anyone I know who is interested in financing or refinancing a home.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We’re glad that we were able to help!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

We refinanced our mortgage with Amerisave and found the process very worthwhile. No one could beat their rates & costs and we like that they offer terms of 20 & 25 years-fixed (not just 15 & 30). Always speedy response times from their employees. Very convenient.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

The people that I had dealings with were very knowledgeable of their positions and willing to bend over backwards to try to help with the refinance process. The people are also very nice and friendly.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for the compliment! We truly appreciate your business and it was our pleasure to help!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

"I received a gift card for writing this review, regardless of whether my experience was positive or negative." All my contacts within Amerisave were very professional and quick to answer all my questions. The electronic format was especially helpful and I encourage anyone looking to refinance to at least give Amerisave a call.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for the feedback!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

I refinanced with Amerisave at the end of 2012 and would highly recommend them to anyone. Personally, I loved being able to do everything online. I was able to upload all documents requested and do everything by email. My loan processor was always available by phone too, and I did use that on occasion. After much research, including local credit unions, I just couldn't pass up the great rates Amerisave offered, their quick service and their extremely low fees.

Everything I saw on their website regarding rates was accurate by the time I closed, so I loved being able to test out options before I even had to talk to a representative. Actually, a few of the low rates were even lower at closing. I would recommend Amerisave to anyone. I am still very pleased with my loan almost a year later. The whole refinance process was a breeze. I received a gift card for writing this review, regardless of whether my experience was positive or negative. Just one more reason I am still happy with the service I received! :-)

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Great! We're so glad that you enjoyed your experience in choosing us as your lender!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

My husband and I have refinanced with Amerisave twice and both times the experience has been nothing but positive. They are quick with replies and their interest rate and fees are better than most others with which we have compared. We had the same processor as the first time we refinanced which made it easier as she was familiar with our loan. They are quick to reply to our concerns and questions which resulted in our loan being finalized quickly.

In addition, the notary who came to our home to finalize our loan documents agreed that Amerisave was the best to deal with as far as being timely in their dealings with clients and easy to deal with. We would definitely recommend friends to Amerisave and we would definitely use Amerisave again. I received a gift card for this review regardless of whether my experience was positive or negative but we would have been happy to review our experience without the incentive.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

If you are comfortable working electronically, Amerisave is a great option. Their process is clear, they were on time for every step, and all my questions were answered promptly and accurately - even though there were many touch points along the way. I would use them again without hesitation.

Thank you so much!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

Amerisave made refinancing as efficient and convenient as possible, all I needed was to submit the necessary documentation in a timely manner. This was by far the most convenient mortgage loan to close out of the 7 closings I have experienced throughout my life.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

AmeriSave accomplished our refinance with professionalism. One thing stood out in contrast to our former Real Estate funding experiences. AmeriSave kept us updated during the entire process which reduced the anxiety of not knowing what was going on behind the scenes. They worked to solve any issues quickly and kept the ball rolling toward the closing of our loan. We couldn't have been more satisfied and gladly recommend them to our friends.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you again for choosing us!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

We had a great experience. Amerisave's service level was excellent and the overall process was beyond my expectations. I was most impressed by the consistent follow up and access to various support people throughout the process. Our appraisal was very fast and easy to schedule and the closing was very convenient after hours and at our home. The only issue I had was the online processing system was not always quite as intuitive as I would like but again it was easy to get help and direction whenever there was a question or doubt on next steps.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Great! Glad that you enjoyed your experience in choosing us as your lender!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2013

I refinanced with Amerisave in Feb-March 2013. The whole process went very fast and smoothly. I know exactly what documents are needed to submit. Their web site shows you the step by step instructions, status and progress of the loan. Very helpful. This is the 3rd time I refinanced with Amerisave in the last 5 years. Same good experience every time. If you have a good FICO score and your documents are clean, the whole process will go very smoothly, and fast. My loan was finalized within 5 weeks. Personally I am very pleased with Amerisave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thanks for choosing Amerisave!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2013

I have refinanced my home twice with Amerisave! Excellent customer service. Geneva ** and Amanda ** are an awesome team to do refinancing. Everything went smooth with the refinance and very quick. I would recommend to refinance with Amerisave anytime and you will not be disappointed. The best thing was that the refinance was all done from the convenience of the home, from start to closing of the loan. I have already recommended Amerisave to 3 people already and they also have had a great experience refinancing also. Great company to do business with.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thanks! We are so glad you enjoyed your experience with us!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2013

I refinanced my home late 2012, closing early 2013. My goal was to take advantage of the historic low rates and access a bit of equity for a kitchen remodel. I had only done home loans through large banks in the past but at the suggestion of a friend checked out some of the internet providers. I was drawn in by the excellent pricing but had some reservations having never gone down this path. I also read some bad reviews about Amerisave but decided to throw caution to the wind and go for it. I am pleased to say that all went very smoothly and was consistent with how it was presented by the company in the beginning. I have excellent credit, good income, net worth and home value so I would have been surprised at any glitches, although some of those complaining said the same thing. I was very pleased with my Amerisave experience and would readily use them again. It was very simple, pretty quick and saved me a ton of money.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We appreciate your compliments! Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2013

I was a little concerned with some of the reviews that I have seen regarding Amerisave, but decided to give them a try and be my own judge. In the beginning things went well. A few documents were asked for several times as other people had mentioned; however, I kept a folder of everything that I submitted and it was easy to resubmit the requested information. Honestly, there was only two or three of these requests. The overall process was good. I got the rate that they quoted, got a refund check when the process was completed because they calculated some items too high - but better to get a refund than still owe! I would recommend Amerisave and use them again if the opportunity arose. However, I hate the lender that bought my mortgage from Amerisave!

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for choosing Amerisave!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2013

We used Amerisave to refinance the mortgage on our primary home into a 15-yr fixed rate. We selected an interest rate on Amerisave.com that was not quite the lowest available, but Amerisave paid essentially all of the closing costs (other than escrows). It was a great experience. We were a bit concerned that there would be hidden costs along the way, or long delays, but there were not. Everyone at Amerisave responded quickly to any questions or concerns.

Ultimately, we ended up with a rate that is 2.00% lower than our prior rate (which was on a 30-year mortgage), which will save about $150,000 in interest over the life of the loan, and we spent less than 10 hours total, in terms of sending in the requested paperwork, etc. That's a pretty good use of time!

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We're glad you enjoyed your experience with us!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2013

We processed 2 mortgage refi's with Amerisave in late winter/spring 2013 and were impressed with their straight forward approach, lowest rates and good service. Their document processing through their website was convenient and robust.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your compliments, we appreciate it!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2013

Overall I was pleased with the process; however I felt that towards the end the number of repeat questions and constant Rehashing of information in my accounts was overkill. A couple of the verification letters were definitely unnecessary and annoying. The unwillingness of the underwriter to put my trust on the deed was extremely annoying. I of course accomplished that shortly after closing by doing a quitclaim back into the Trust.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We're glad you enjoy your experience with us! We do understand that providing the necessary documents is a thorough process, and we appreciate your patience with the process. Thanks for the feedback!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2013

I refinanced my home mortgage online with Amerisave. At 1st, I was skeptical with the rate if I would be paying any additional hidden processing or fees. The entire process was so easy and I never had to go to an office to sign anything. I did it all online and final signatures were done at my home. The best home loan by far and wonderful process and great fixed rate.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for Choosing Amerisave!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2013

Excellent Service from Representatives. We were extremely fortunate to be paired with Kristina ** for the processing of our loan. She was always available when we had questions, even checking in with us while she was on vacation to make sure things were in order. She is extremely knowledgeable about Amerisave's products, has excellent follow-through, and - most importantly - always made us feel like we were her most valued customer. In just 18 days from making an offer, we have closed on our new home. I would highly recommend Amerisave based on the service I received from Kristina **.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We appreciate your business!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2013

We bought our home almost four years ago with what we thought then was a low interest rate. However, as rates continued to come down, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to refi for a lower payment, which has allowed us to pay extra principal each month. Our most recent refi with AmeriSave was the second since buying the house and probably our last. The AmeriSave online tools were extremely helpful with monitoring various interest rates and terms and then locking, once we found the best refi for us. After locking in our rate, the process was very transparent and simple to upload documents through the AmeriSave website. Our closing was scheduled at our house after work hours and went very smooth. I would recommend AmeriSave to anyone looking to refi their current mortgage.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your business!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2013

I had a great experience with AmeriSave. Al and his team were very helpful during the entire refinance process. I will tell my friends and family to use AmeriSave the next time they need a mortgage.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thanks! We're certainly glad to help!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2013

I used Amerisave to refinance my mortgage a few months ago and I was very happy with my experience with them. They were quick, responsive and I was always able to keep track of where we were in the process online. I especially liked that the final numbers were extremely close to the initial numbers I was quoted. I was doing comparison shopping with 2 other lenders and the first one couldn't come close to matching their rate and the second one said they could match everything, but when we started putting numbers down on paper, they were adding a bunch of closing costs that I wasn't having to pay for Amerisave. Probably the best thing I can say is I can't remember any negatives at all. There was no drama, no last minute surprises, nothing very memorable. I was able to do everything except the final paperwork signing easily and quickly so it didn't interfere with my work day.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your Feedback!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2013

The entire process has been made simple by my loan processor Geneva and the great team of people with whom she works. Amerisave has far surpassed my expectations.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your feedback! We'll let Geneva and her team know!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2013

Although the paperwork needed for a loan with Amerisave is immense, the brokers are very nice and courteous to work with. The rates are some of the best and the website is great! It's very easy to send and receive all the documents needed to close a loan. I would recommend them to anyone.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We appreciate those compliments, and we appreciate you!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2013

The Amerisave Mortgage Processor I worked with was clear, professional, and a great communicator, in that he responded quickly to any question or problem I had. As did I. We worked together to complete the paperwork.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for choosing us!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2013

This is my second time refinancing with AmeriSave and I was extremely happy with my experience both times. Everyone I had contact with was very helpful and quick to answer any and all of my questions. They helped me through the entire process. I would highly recommend using them.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you! We're glad you enjoyed your experience!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2013

This is the second refinance we've done through Amerisave. Both times the process have been very smooth and completed very quickly. Our loan officer and loan processor were very responsive to our questions and phone calls and displayed a very helpful attitude. Both times our loans closed on time. I would not hesitate to use Amerisave again.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Great! Glad that you enjoyed your experience in choosing us as your lender!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2013

I recently refinanced my current home and then used my cash to purchase a second home. AmeriSave made processing both transactions easy and simple and received great rates. I worked only with two AmeriSave employees, Mike ** and Ryan **, and both kept me informed and helped me through each step. Getting a mortgage over the internet requires the borrower to be more active than if I had gone through our neighborhood bank, but the money I saved was well worth it. Plus, the AmeriSave staff is also there to assist - they don't go home at 5 pm. Many times, Mike ** and I would correspond late into the evening.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2013

Working with Amerisave was a pleasure. Pros: easy online upload of all required documentation, extended interest rate lock, processors were prompt and courteous with responses, closing was a breeze. Cons: underwriter took forever to sign off on certain items, contracted appraiser made an error that caused a major delay in the closing of our loan.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you! So glad we were able to provide your loan service!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2013

I expected delays and disappointment (based on prior experiences with other lenders), but I was surprised. My contact person was responsive, answered my questions quickly, and kept me apprised of what to expect. The rate was the best I could find too, so the service was the icing on the cake.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We're glad we were able to help and able to get you the best rate, thanks for choosing Amerisave!

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information