4.7/5 (702 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an online, direct-to-consumer lender for home loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also offers refinancing options for those who want to lower their payment or take out cash. AmeriSave has funded over $103 billion in home loans since 2002.

Pros

• Variety of loan programs
  • Free calculator tools online
  • Customized rate quotes in less than 3 minutes
  • Options with low down payment

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • No financing for manufactured homes

Bottom Line

AmeriSave offers a wide range of loan services in most states. Eligible borrowers can find competitive rates for buying a house or refinancing an existing loan, and the company has an average time of 34 days to closing.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2013

Overall good experience with this loan. I did have some difficulty getting my final approval based upon some documentation issues with the underwriter, but they were resolved. What was great was Amerisave honored my rate lock and didn't charge an extension for going past the original time commitment. So overall I'd definitely use Amerisave again.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you! Glad you chose us!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2013

Amerisave is the fastest and easiest online mortgage broker I've ever dealt with. Great service and even better rates. I'd highly recommend using Amerisave for your next mortgage.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2013

Had no problems! Fast and simple. Nothing unreasonable to complain about. With everyone refinancing for lower rates, it would be seem some customers want everything now. We are totally happy with our experience.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We appreciate your business!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2013

Amerisave was easy to work with and answered all my questions. They were professional and closed my loan in a timely manner. I highly recommend them.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We're glad you had an great experience with Amerisave!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2013

I have done numerous loans through Amerisave and NO ONE can beat their rates. I got 5000 dollars towards closing with a 3.25% rate last December, which covered all my closing costs. I highly recommend Amerisave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We appreciate your Business!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2013

I love Amerisave and have excellent experience with this lender.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you and Thanks for Choosing Amerisave!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2013

I was very happy with the experience and will use Amerisave again if and when I move.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2013

I have refinanced my home several times in the past 3 years and each time with AmeriSave. Each time my experience has been outstanding. Everything was done online, all requests were made and completed through emails and schedules were met. They have the lowest rates/out-of-pocket costs compared to others and that was one of the main reasons I used Amerisave. Each time my out-of-pocket costs were minimal or none as described. I would recommend the service.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2013

I would recommend AmeriSave to others. The process took far too long, but that was the result of extraneous factors beyond their control.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you, we appreciate you!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2013

I refinanced home this last spring from 4.5% to 3% on a fifteen year loan and paying bi-weekly. The people were great and easy to work with. The reason there is no five stars is due to outrage expenses and all of the legal forms.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for the feedback!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2013

Rob has been an excellent guide through the process of refinancing my home. He is an excellent communicator who has responded immediately to my questions with thorough, understandable clarification. AmeriSave makes the entire process painless. I've been able to submit all required documentation online. When the loan closes the closing attorney will come to me! This enables me to enjoy the benefits of dealing with a national company without the need to take a day off work and make the 70-mile drive to the city. Thank you, AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We appreciate your business. Thank you for choosing Amerisave!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2013

Both times have been positive experiences. We got great interest rates and the process was pretty smooth from start to finish. The employees at Amerisave were very professional and always quick to respond to any issues. Did have a problem with first one not being properly recorded, but not sure who was responsible for the mistake and it was quickly resolved.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed your experience with us!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2013

I would have to recommend Amerisave. I got them the documentation they needed, and was able to complete the refi process (2nd one with Amerisave in 3 years) in a relatively short period. They will have saved me an unbelievable amount of money over the long haul.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you! So glad we could help!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2013

AmeriSave was recommended to me by a good friend who works in the financial industry. I knew that he did his homework before choosing AmeriSave, and after checking it out, I decided to go with AmeriSave as well. Great decision. The simplest way I can put it is that AmeriSave had the best rates, the lowest fees, and great customer service throughout. We moved through the process quickly and had everything ready to go well in advance of my closing date. Their website made it very easy to understand the process and for exchanging the necessary information. I am very pleased that I went with AmeriSave. I will definitely use AmeriSave again in the future, and I have already recommended them to a friend who has chosen them as well.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you so much! It was our pleasure to provide your loan service!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2013

I refinanced with Amerisave this year and it was the easiest and professional process ever. They closed exactly when they said they would. They walked me through it on all line and when I had questions, I could speak with someone on the phone. I would absolutely recommend Amerisave over any other refinance company. I have told my friends if they refinance to go to Amerisave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We appreciate your business!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2013

I decided to do my mortgage through Amerisave after a recommendation from my parents (they refinanced through Amerisave). I originally was attracted to the lower rates, but the service has been excellent as well! The loan processor responds to my questions quickly, and keeps me on track to make sure I have everything submitted on time. The website is also very helpful, as it provides step-by-step instructions throughout the loan process. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a mortgage or refinance!

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for those compliments! We appreciate you and your business!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2013

We had 30 years mortgage with 4.5% APR and decided refinance for 15 years to take advantage of low rate in spring of 2013. As soon as we completed request thru Quickloans.com we get at least 10 calls from different lenders, one of them was Amerisave. The call from Amerisave was in a middle of this stream of calls. The Amerisave offer was the best - we get 2.75% with 0 points and 45 days later we signed our papers. Everything was easy from uploading all required documents on the website to contact if we have any questions. Thank you Amerisave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you very much! Glad to help!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2013

Great rates, no junk fees. Professional staff who can handle customers as they go through this stressful process.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your feedback!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2013

Very satisfied. Happy with the whole process. Lots of paperwork needed but all mortgages require that. I would definitely use them again. I like the feature that you can check current rates without submitting all your personal info. Allows you to make a relaxed decision with no pressure from loan agents.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2013

It was fast, easy, accurate and we feel like we got a really good deal on our mortgage rate. There was no problem getting our appraiser out at our convenience, nor was there any hassle getting the notary to come to our house at a convenient time for my husband and me.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Great! We're glad you had a good experience with our team and thanks for choosing Amerisave.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2013

Amerisave was very professional and made closing a loan very easy.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We have a very professional team and glad that you had an great experience with us. Thanks for the response!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2013

Our initial experience with the application process was simple and went well. We closed within our initial request of thirty days. As with most loans, there were a couple of anxious moments; however, the team worked quickly to get them resolved. I would definitely consider using Amerisave again.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We thank you so much for allowing us to provide your service!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2013

Last fall, I refinanced two homes with Amerisave Mortgage. I was attracted to Amerisave because of their excellent rates but I also found their service and professionalism to be excellent. Both refinancing experiences went smoothly; in fact, the Amerisave staff worked extra hard to minimize the paperwork I needed to provide on the second home by duplicating my paperwork from the first home. The staff were responsive to my questions, explaining everything I needed to know in a prompt and clear way. They worked quickly and efficiently to keep the process moving forward and to make sure everything was completed by within my 30-day rate lock period so we could close the mortgage on time and without any problems. Overall, I was really pleased with my experience with Amerisave especially given the great rate they provided me with.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you, and thank you for choosing AmeriSave!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2013

I have been very happy by Amerisave services. I was able to create application online and work with Amerisave staff. They guided step by step on entire process. Prompt in replying email and phone calls. Also I was able to get great interest rate.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you! We're glad you enjoyed your experience with us!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2013

Amerisave offered a fast, hassle free quote. Banks and mortgage brokers want to haggle over closing cost which is annoying. Amerisave held true to the good faith estimate and was actually slightly lower. All the documents needed could be scanned and submitted online which was easy. Best part for me is the closing attorney comes to the house and I never had to leave the house for any part of the refinancing. The customer service is great if you have questions. I would definitely recommend Amerisave to anyone. They are by far cheaper and have better rates than banks or other mortgage companies.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Awesome! It was truly our pleasure to help!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2013

I found the people and process at AmeriSave to be quite satisfactory. I would recommend AmeriSave to anyone interested in refinancing.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for the recommendation! We appreciate it!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2013

Fast and accurate service. They have answered all of my questions up front and have worked with my unique situation.

Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2013

Fast, friendly. I was nervous at first because everything was done online or through email. But their quick response, and willingness to help (and low rate of course) made it very easy to work with.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Great! Thank you for choosing us!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2013

My experience couldn't have gone more smoothly. Quick responses to my questions, addressed any concerns I had. Were able to correct a potential snafu midstream. I would recommend Amerisave to anyone who is refinancing.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you! We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2013

I received a gift card for writing this review, regardless of whether my experience was positive or negative. Three years apart, I refinanced with Amerisave twice. Same excellent service and good experience for both. Everything went smooth and as expected without a delay from beginning to the end. It was not a no fee refinance; however, I checked and their rate and cost were very competitive. I'd use them again if rate goes further down.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you! It was truly our pleasure to help again!

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information