4.7/5 (687 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an online, direct-to-consumer lender for home loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also offers refinancing options for those who want to lower their payment or take out cash. AmeriSave has funded over $103 billion in home loans since 2002.

Pros

• Variety of loan programs
  • Free calculator tools online
  • Customized rate quotes in less than 3 minutes
  • Options with low down payment

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • No financing for manufactured homes

Bottom Line

AmeriSave offers a wide range of loan services in most states. Eligible borrowers can find competitive rates for buying a house or refinancing an existing loan, and the company has an average time of 34 days to closing.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

Nice and quick process and new status at every stage of the process and rates are competitive too.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

This is my second time dealing with Amerisave. My Rep Louis and processor Peter were the utmost in Professionalism. I was updated on my status fully and had a closing in 3 weeks. The fastest I ever heard of. Clearly AmeriSave hires quality employees that go above and beyond in order to service their customers. The process is so easy and the Rates or Fees are below market. I can't see why anyone would not use them. I received a gift card for writing this review, regardless of whether my experience was positive or negative, but I would have written my review if I had not gotten anything.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for the compliments! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

Amerisave Mortgage did great walking us through all the aspects of the loan process. They were very kind, helpful and the website was very intuitive and easy to use. I must say though, make sure you collect all your loan paperwork in advance and in a organized fashion and things will go a lot smoother.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you! We appreciate the feedback!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

John ** is excellent, knowledgeable and honest. The process is super efficient and internet depository approach is innovative. Very pleased. Too bad the rates went up and I cannot refi again.

Thanks for choosing us!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

The process we went through to refinance our house was all via email and electronic uploads which was very convenient. That said, some of the documentation requested made no sense at all and required me to essentially perjure myself to complete the process. I got the impression that the mortgage "counselors" or whatever they were called were being force to act as form pushers and box checkers. If you can ignore the annoying parts, the rates were good enough to make it worth the hassle.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for the feedback!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2013

Incredibly easy process, attaching documents myself turned this into a 1 day process instead of weeks. Great rates, no problems, I highly recommend them to anyone looking to ReFi. I received a gift card for writing this review, regardless of whether my experience was positive or negative.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you so much for choosing us!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2013

Overall experience front start to finish was not bad. Initially the response from my agents to my questions was slow and at times not answered. But as the deadline towards the closing approached, the responses were more timely. Some of the requirements for loan approval were so silly that it made no sense to me; but I chalked it up to an industry that has been in the spotlight for approving loans that should not have been approved, as well as to internal company turnover of agents working my application in the middle of the process, which added about an extra week of delay. All in all, though the experience was not bad considering it was all done online (except for the actual closing). There weren't really any surprises (fees and costs not initially declared) when it was all said and done. I would recommend them for your refinance needs.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thanks! We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2013

I thought overall that AmeriSave did a great job on my refi. The folks were very helpful and responded promptly to my questions and concerns. This is the second time I've used AmeriSave and would definitely use them again in the future on a refi or new home purchase.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for the kudos! We appreciate it!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2013

This was the 3rd time in the last several years that I have refinanced my home with AmeriSave. The entire process from start to finish always proceeds quickly and smoothly. I have always been very satisfied with their service.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2013

My processors both helped me throughout the process. They provided detailed information that helped me make a decision about when to lock in a rate. When it came to crunch time before closing, I felt like I was the top priority. AmeriSave’s offer was also better than anyone else's. A mortgage broker tried to charge me $4K for the same loan AmeriSave paid me $1K to get through them.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thanks! We're glad that we could help you save some money!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2013

AmeriSave has a very detailed system which is quick, easy and user friendly. Everything is spelled out so there are no questions unanswered. In addition, a loan officer is assigned who is available anytime throughout the process. Exceptional process and thorough.

Thank you very much!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2013

Our desire was to refinance at the lower interest rate that was available. Time was of the essence because the rates had bottomed out and were beginning to rise. We contacted the lender which held our current mortgage, and to our dismay with a 700+ credit rating, they said all we qualified for was a reverse mortgage. After trying a couple more companies without much success we were in touch with Amerisave, and they assured us that we could refinance through them, and at a lower rate than we had hoped for. I was amazed at the ease of the whole process. The Amerisave personnel we dealt with were pleasant and helpful, and guided us through the entire refinance in less than a month. Thanks Amerisave! My wife and I are more than satisfied with your work for us.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Great! So glad you chose us! Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2013

I have refinanced with AmeriSave 3 times now. My current rate is at 3.25% for a 30-year mortgage. The process was easy and stress free. The refinance was completely FREE, with no hidden costs or junk fees. I am very pleased, and will continue to refer them. If interest rates are to drop again, I would use them again.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you! We are glad that you enjoyed your experience with us!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2013

With Amerisave I have done my home refinance 3 times in the last 3 years. All times the process is very simple, transparent, speedy and accurate. The rate you see online will be the rate you get in reality with no hidden costs. Amerisave is amazing!!

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thanks! We appreciate your business!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2013

My mortgage experience was excellent. My loan officer was very helpful and prompt with the many questions that I had. Support staff were wonderful also. I would definitely recommend Amerisave to all who are considering buying or refinancing a home.

Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2013

I have refinanced twice over the past three years and worked with AmeriSave on both occasions. AmeriSave made it easy to understand the rate options and fees to match my financial needs. They made the overall process easy. I have and will continue to recommend AmeriSave to my friends.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We were certainly glad to help!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2013

My mortgage refinancing was completed within 5 weeks. Each process of the loan was clearly marked on their website - all of the steps included an approximate date of completion. We would definitely recommend Amerisave!

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for choosing us!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2013

I refinanced my mortgage in January of this year. They sent out the appraiser within 24 hours of my first phone call and my whole refinance was complete in 4 weeks and I got a fabulous 30 year fixed. The Sr. Mortgage Processor, Casey **, was fantastic. He walked me through everything and he was so patient, even when I asked the same questions twice. He always called me back right away with clear answers.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your compliments! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2013

I have received a very nice loan from Amerisave. The work online was helpful in finding what I wanted and then the staff was most helpful in completing the loan. Monthly reminders are accurate, except that they do not include the loan rate.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We thank you for allowing us to provide your service!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2013

I am very much satisfied with the whole process. All the persons involved for the refinancing do know what they were doing. They explained each and every detail and sometimes they also made up some what if scenarios so that you are fully aware of what to expect at each stage of the loan process. I would definitely recommend to my friends and family.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you so much for the compliments! We appreciate your business!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2013

I used Amerisave twice now! They make it very easy and transparent when shopping for a rate! I found them to be as good if not better than most rates I found. I also really liked doing everything online and being able to do the closing in my house. I have and would recommend using Amerisave in the future.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2013

I appreciate the effort of the Loan Processor assigned to me. Amanda ** has worked with me tirelessly and ensured the process moves smoothly. She has reached out to me in a timely manner and kept me updated on the progress. This is probably the first time that I would like to keep the name of the Loan Processor in mind so that I can ask for her the next time if I have a loan requirement with Amerisave. I would highly recommend my friends to Amerisave and would ask them to specifically request if Amanda can work on their case. I found the best rate & cost at Amerisave compared to all the other quotes I received. I also like the Amerisave Automated Online System, the ability to get a quote and lock in your rate and the overall online experience.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you so much! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2013

This is the second time I have used Amerisave. The first time I used Amerisave it took 25 days from the day I locked in until closing day. This time it was only 21 days because this time around I had all info ready and faxed back almost immediately the info asked for. Closed with no problem as before with a 2.625 rate for 10 years. The one thing I liked best with Amerisave was when I called with a question if nobody was there someone called back within the hour.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for choosing us!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2013

This is my second refinance with Amerisave. I watched the rates and locked in my terms after watching their website daily. The process went smoothly, and my loan closed within 30 days. I have seen many negative comments about Amerisave. Before applying for a loan with Amerisave or anyone else, you should know your credit score and have a general idea of what your home is worth. Also, you need to be able to check your e-mail at least once every day and provide them with all of the documents they request. Make sure you have access to your tax returns, insurance policy, paycheck stubs, bank statements, and any other documents they ask you for.

You need to also check the status of your loan which is constantly updated. They tell you what they have received and what they need. The appraisal will be ordered within a day or so of you applying, so you need to be organized. By doing all of this work, I was rewarded with a 20 year refinance at 3.375%. I could not be happier and have recommended Amerisave to three friends and family who have also refinanced with them. I have always looked for lower rates and have never found any company that could compete. Plus, you see what your fees will be PRIOR to picking your loan! I was pleased with my processor who quickly answered all of my questions and was most helpful.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you so much! We appreciate your compliments, and your business!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2013

I worked with Greg and got everything done in a prompt and professional manner. Amerisave dealt with my case in a good manner making sure that the loan is closed in time. Very positive and good. I liked it. I am very happy for the decision to go with Amerisave Mortgage Corp.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Great! Glad that you enjoyed your experience with us!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2013

Dealing with Amerisave was a professional and pleasant experience. They offered the best rate and lowest fees of any other lender I got a GFE from. No surprises along the way and we closed as scheduled.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2013

I refinanced my house with Amerisave Mortgage approx. 9 months ago. I found everyone very knowledgeable when I had questions and they responded quickly to all my emails. We got a great interest rate and were very satisfied with their service. We've refinanced in the past and it took no longer to complete this than before just don't expect it to be done in 30 days. It usually takes at least 6-8 weeks. Would use this company again.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We're glad that you were satisfied with our service!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2013

We refinanced with Amerisave. The process was amazingly quick, and closing took place at our house. We were highly satisfied with the rate we received. The overall experience could not have been better.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your feedback we appreciate your business

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

My experience was beyond exceptional. The Amerisave crew let me know step-by-step what the process entailed and the firm lived up to every commitment. I'm very pleased with the result and would not hesitate to recommend Amerisave to my friends.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you so much! We're glad you enjoyed your experience with us!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

I got an outstanding rate. That's what attracted me. I was treated well through the process and there were always assistance available when I had questions. Time was getting close for my close date and my assigned closer was fantastic in making sure that it all worked. I'd recommend.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you! It was our pleasure to help!

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information