American Home Mortgage

Out of Business

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Appraisal Fee ripoff - Until we make the payment for appraisal they provide estimate of loan amount and closing cost as we accept. Once the payment was done, they make changes and never stay on one. Further, in the closing documents they charge more towards appraisal fee and deduct our initial payment. In effect, they are making money there too.

I received an invitation in the mail reference refinancing my mortgage several months ago. I eventually applied after thinking about it since I could use some cash out in order to do some repairs on my property even though I had read some less than positive reviews. I figured since Ocwen, my mortgage company, is the parent company for Homeward Residential I wouldn't have a problem. The loan officer was very attentive and thorough. He helped me through the process and I was put at ease.

I submitted all requested documents promptly and paid $450 for an appraisal and had that completed within the first few weeks. I thought everything was fine until my application was passed to the processor. From the beginning I felt that this person was passive aggressive when I questioned her about anything. If she didn't like the question she wouldn't return my calls or emails. She asked for a roof inspection and when I asked if she could recommend someone like the loan officer had done with the appraisal she told me to call the original appraiser to see if he would do it. He of course said no.

After that, I communicated with her only via email because I began feeling that something wasn't right. I wanted a paper trail. During this time the original loan officer called back to "check" to see how the process was going and I told him what issues I was having. He immediately had his supervisor call me and apologize for the processor. He advised me she gave me wrong information. I remembered that I had recently had a roof inspection for my homeowners insurance and asked if they had access to the report which should have been in my mortgage file.

I was called back and told the document was found and would be forwarded to my processor who would then submit it to the underwriter for review. A few days later the processor called and asked if I had had some repairs done so she could send the appraiser back out (another $450) to document. I advised her this was the first I had heard of any repairs being needed and I'd been communicating with her for two months. I told her to forget the whole thing and that I would find another lender. Sounds like a SCAM to me. Beware of this company please.

I was ripped off by AHM. The representative S. ** assured me we would qualify for a modification. I was honest and let him know I was not sure of this information and he said they would check. I sent in documents (the same ones) several times and after 4 months they sent in our documents to GT mortgage. I was informed by our mortgage company that the modification had been denied and AHM notified on July 13th. I called and sent email, texts and never got anyone to respond. If anyone knows of a way to help us get our money back from these scam artists please let me know.

My family was ripped off from AHMSI, Homeward Residential Services, or whatever they call themselves now-a-days. I have already received a small sum from the class action OCWEN lawsuit but I would like to find someone to help us file a lawsuit against this company. We lost our home 2009. I'm meticulous in maintaining records and I have proof that we were actively dealing with the company when they sold our house. We had to move out and rent and all the while we still had items at our house that went missing. We had lived there for 20 years and had to find out from our neighbors that people were at our house painting etc. We had no idea that they sold our house on the courthouse steps. If anyone has any information please contact me. We need help to go after companies who take away your very livelihood.

When I had a balance on a home equity loan with American Home Mortgage, they were terrible to work with. Tried to lower the payment some but didn't work when the balance was finally paid down to 0 a few yrs ago, around 2008 I thought they released the lien on the property. Found out this past year they did not release the lien and found out American Home Mortgage filed bankruptcy and looks like became Homeward Residential? Have not had any luck in trying to figure out how to get a lien release done or who to contact? Wanted to know if some info could be provided to me how and who to contact about that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Home Mortgage?

They have been confronted about their fraudulent billing. They keep saying, "Be patient." HOW CAN I JOIN THE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT??

I asked for a loan modification through a third party. They got nowhere with Option One Mortgage. At the time that was their name. Lawerence **, God will judge this man for ripping me off. Now it's American Home Mortgage. I noticed some of you said the company was named Homeward Mortgage now. I saw this name on my credit report and wondering how many times has this company changed their names. We need to petition the White House about this mortgage company.

They foreclosed on my home in 2009 of March. I did get a modification which was worse than the original mortgage payment, higher. I told the lady hard woman with no compassion at all. She asked me for all my information, bills, income etc, after she received it. Like I said the payment was higher over $1296 on a $138,000 loan ridiculous. Whatsoever a man sow that shall he also reap, the bible says, don't worry their will be exposed and it is time for this company to stop robbing us. An insurance charge was in the amount, I tried to get a short sale. They said it was too late to start one. I needed two months. I have started a class action lawsuit against this company. Hopefully it will stick. They might be contacting everyone that had their home foreclosed on by this mortgage company and you may have money coming back from them.

We tried and tried to get help from AHMS, but they never help. We went outside the box to get help and they ripped us off. We went back to AHMS to get some help plus I sent a letter I got from Barack Obama. It's been 5 hard years to make ends meet now we can't do it anymore. PLEASE SEND HELP. PLEASE or Call me **. P.S We need help.

2009 my 44 yr old son passed away while he was in the middle of trying to deal with crooks at AHMSI (or whatever Ross flavor of companies at the moment). I beg Ross to sue me for libel and slander (same as occurred in QB7). I inherited this home and after a year of fighting uphill with Ross, whose CEO, Freeman (AHMSI), lied to me and put his lies in writing. After sucking the financial marrow from my 75 yr old bones I succeeded in obtaining a local Dist Court appproval to put this property in my name (as interested party to title).. AHMSI eventually decided they not like me doing that to them.

Tell Willie boy I am here, awaiting his chicken crap response. Sue me, Willie. I want the sewer you swim in to choke you with your own personal greed. I have been thru 3 courts on this matter, lost 5 years of what's left of my life, finances forever ruined so I think I can handle a calling out of the leader of the pack. Tell Willie Boy I await his assault.

We were in a middle of a modification loan and our home burned on October 31, 2012. Our insurance company paid mortgage off by requesting payoff; in the meantime, they said payoff amount was incorrect so our insurance company Farm Bureau voided check and had them fax payoff to their office and the check was written for that amount on paper. The check was cut the next day. I picked up the check and was told that check was not enough and that it had to be wired within 24 hours. But I was told they would make sure payoff was good for 30 days. After being handed off to many people, a manager told me we didn't wire funds like we suppose to in 24 hours. Well Farm Bureau does not wire funds. The check was paid to us and the mortgage company. The manager told me if I sent check they would just send back to me.

So I went and got an attorney, but my lawyer got no where with this company. I was then told to write The Tennessee Department of Financial Institutions. After they received letter from The Tennessee Department of Financial they were calling me and saying our bill was paid in full and I asked, "What do you show as a balance now?" They said nothing - $0.00 balance and the total loss draft department will be sending a check of money owed to us for paying mortgage off. I have a letter stating it. Now I'm getting a letter from Ocwen saying we owe money. I'm sick of this harassment and no money being refunded to us. We lost our home of 18 years and only had 5 1/2 years left but it caught fire. I want justice for putting me through these permative damages. Our home was a total loss that was decided by the insurance company invest, not us and to lose all you have worked for and for Homeward Residential Mortgage company doing this is just messy.

They had hired a contractor to fix roof on a total loss home and they said they did that to conceal the property from damage but our insurance company had already bordered up the open parts so no one could go in but us to get our important papers and other things. They put a padlock on the house so we couldn't even go in. The house belonged to the insurance company not the mortgage company. I also contacted the Homeward Residential a day after the fire. They said they didn't need any paper work stating home burned. They were charging us as if we were living in the home. Our belongings were stolen from home by their contractors because this home had been burned and our neighbors were watching the home for intruders. They put unnecessary stress on our family and we still haven't received a refund check from them yet from their loss draft department.

I received a letter stated we owe them money and that is not true because our insurance paid exactly what the pay off letter stated. I want justice to be served from this company because we have been held up on getting a home due to their injustice. They had late pays on our credit after the fire we had to contact all 3 bureaus to dispute late charges after fire. This company is terrible and they're getting out and sending things to Ocwen Mortgage just to get out of it. They deserve to pay and I like to see a civil suit filed against them. We have spent lawyer fees because of this and still no justice. Somebody help, because this don't need to continue to happen. If they get away with hard working people's money, will do it over and over again. I have police reports. The insurance company agent who was over this said they would vouch for us. I also told the mortgage company the home was being torn down and it is. Where is the justice at?

In December of 2008, we received a notice from CitiResidential that our escrow was increased by more than $300 per month. There was no reason for this because our taxes are capped due to husband's age and disability. I called CitiResidential immediately to cancel our escrow account, and they said they would take care of it. When I have not heard anything, I assumed that all was taken care of. Then in January 2009, we were informed that AHMSI had taken over our loan, and they demanded the escrow money. I told them that the escrow account was closed but they did not accept it. They refused to cancel the escrow account and put our house payments in a suspense account. They are still to this day charging me every month late fees, which I will not pay. I have made all my mortgage payments and they refuse to correct their error. They said we owe them $3,000 in late fees and they have destroyed our credit.

This is the most awful company to deal with. No one speaks English well enough to understand so I refuse to deal with them verbally. Plus, they will not honor their verbal commitments. They are not following the terms and conditions in my mortgage contract. They lost a huge check I sent them in August and then asked me to put a stop payment on it, which I did. Then they cashed it. They failed to apply the fees in accordance with my instructions, to the monthly payment due and the rest to the principal amount. Then, for the last 6 months, they have been charging me late fees. I have complained to the Consumer Financial Protection Board and suggest that anyone dealing with this awful company do the same with any problems they encounter with these thieves.

First, I was totally screwed by Bank of America with over $6,000.00 in an auto pay account. They could not seem to make the payment. The money again is in the bank, yet the overdraft fees incurred were $250.00. Go figure. I love credit unions. Then, I was introduced to AHMSI, which for 9 years identified themselves as a collection agency. On several occasions, I tried to seek help in understanding who actually had the mortgage and why a collection agency was taking the payments. I have never missed a payment in 9 years. I did some more research and found it only took 9 years to develop a web page, which is the second rip off. Western union has a 9-12 dollars fee up to the 16th day of the month. Not speaking in English is the worst experience besides the phone runaround. Second, the states they are licensed in are questionable and Texas is not one of them. Do your homework and stay in your mortgage company’s business, before you find your property has become an investment property and then you have a real mess.

I have been leasing to own the house I live in from the borrower who has the property financed through American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc. I have made all the loan payments to the borrower but I have paid the property tax payments for the property directly to the proper county office for the last four years. In August of 2012, I found out the borrower was behind on the payments to AHMSI and the house was going into foreclosure. I spoke with the loan borrower regarding the property going into foreclosure and why it was in foreclosure since I had been giving her the payment every month. She stated that it was always something with these people and one thing had led to another and they were saying that she owed $3,000 +/- to bring the loan current.

I asked her to please have the loan transferred to my name. Since September 4, 2012, I have been in contact with AHMSI requesting a Loan Assumption Package to be mailed to transfer the loan to me. As of today's date, January 17, 2013, I have not received the package in the mail. I have made telephone calls every two weeks regarding not receiving any paperwork via US Mail. Today, I was transferred four times and put on hold over a dozen times during my hour telephone call for them to "verify" all submitted requests and/or proper paperwork had been received to which, once again, I got the runaround stating that the proper paper work must be faxed from the homeowner, not myself, even though the homeowner added me to the account, know the company is telling me it will cost over $7,000 to bring the loan current. And all I get is a runaround. I do not want to lose my home ... What can I do? Please contact me and let me know. Thank you for your assistance.

We just asked for a mailed copy of the most recent mortgage statement. They totally jerked us around and kept putting us on hold. Some background: We had been accepted into a HAMP after much paperwork back and forth. This required a monthly payment $200 more than prior to the HAMP, and when we were no longer able to make the required payment in November, we were disqualified from the modification program and were told that the debt they were seeking was nearly $4,000, which included accumulated interest and escrow, including immediate insurance back to July. They say we are 7 months in arrears in payments and must pay the $4,000 this month or they will accelerate the entire sum of both principal and interest due and payable, including but not limited to the foreclosure sale of the property.

We don't understand why the payments we made during the trial loan modification don't matter to them. We only missed the payment in November 2012 and haven't been able to make it since then. This is the last straw. It's bad when your mortgage company won't agree to mail your most recent statement. They said to go online, but I have had difficulty with their website. We can't afford a lawyer, but family members may be able to help us with one. There are several good federal government programs available for US citizens facing foreclosure. God bless us everyone!

I started the loan modification 1 year and 2 months ago. I was told not to send in any payments while I was being considered for this loan. I faxed in all kinds of data they requested. Over and over again, the same paperwork. It seems they drag this out as long as they could so that I would not be considered. I am a seasonal worker. Now because they know I will be out of work and only receiving unemployment, they said I can not get the modification. I received a letter from the sheriff's dept regarding foreclosure. All the paperwork and time that has gone into this is down the drain, and I am probably going to lose my home. Had they not dragged this out and gave me an answer a long time ago, I could have been making payments at an affordable rate. My rate is 11.5%.

Their website is buggy. It absorbed my payment. I called their terrible and incompetent customer service to fix the issue. Their "fix" was to apply my mortgage payment to a month that I've already paid and somehow withdraw even more money. I've called at least 7 times and each call was an hour or more. They fail at the most rudimentary addition and subtraction. Explaining elementary math to them is exhausting and beyond frustrating. My money is missing. It is still missing. Save yourself!

Loan was paid in full on June 5, 2012 per wire transfer from my financial institution and have not received my deed. Now, I have to fax my complaint to the resolution department. I should have received the deed months ago.

We started out with Citibank like some of you. This started the roller coaster of payments not getting posted or held up and posted so they would appear late. It was purchased by AHMS. Mortgage was supposed to be fixed rate but that was a laugh. Payments kept going up to the point we could not afford them. We started a loan modification with them. This was never accomplished. They kept asking for the same things over and over of what had already been faxed to them. They would not listen when I told them I had a fax confirmation sheet.

During this period of time, I was told by them to not make payments. I didn't have a good feeling about that but followed their instructions. They then dropped the ball and left me hanging, not being able to get any return phone calls. Then, I received a foreclosure notice. They would not work with me to make up past due payments so I filed Chapter 13 in order to keep our home. Once I did that, they started holding my payments and not cashing the checks. So they filed a notice of default. My attorney was able to stay the default by showing the court that checks had been sent but not cashed. They ended up adding those payments to the bankruptcy fees.

This happened on January 31, 2012. I started making payments with the debit card until another notice of default was received. They said I owed for May and June even though I had proof of the debit card payments for each month since January. I had to make two payments to cancel this notice of default. Payments continued by debit card until I had to make my Sept. payment with a check because my card had been compromised. The check went out in time to be received by the first of September.

When the check hadn't cleared the bank by the 20th, I called and was told it had been posted on the 10th of September. I received another notice of default dated 9/5/12 and received on 9/10/12. I was so angry I went to my attorney and chewed him out for not calling them when he got the notice after chatting with him and hearing stories about others letting the bank take it back, that was my decision. I am filing Chapter 7 and staying in the house until I am forcibly removed. We are senior citizens. Living on the street in Central Illinois is not a pretty picture. My health has taken a turn for the worse from worrying about how to keep our home.

I am asking for your help in the investigation of the poor service and wrongdoing of the AHMSI a.k.a. Homeward Residential Service. I have been charged over $800 in fees and nonpayment of $1,750.72 for an unfounded mispayment. In July 2012, I have been harassed by the two mortgage companies for mortgage payment for March or April 2012. The payment was made on time. In March 2012, AHMSI Inc. stated that they could not make the March transaction due to bank routing error. AHMSI began making harassment calls and threatening letters to my home. In May 2012, I went to Bank of America and called AHMSI. This matter was supposed to have been resolved. The transaction was corrected over the phone when BOA management made the electronic transaction if $900 payment, which AHMSI claimed they could not correct. AHMSI said everything was corrected.

Now I am being charged $691.53 in late fees and informed that I am one month $1,750.72 behind in mortgage payment. They said that these charges would continue until I make a payment. I have validated copies of checks cleared through BA for these months (March-July 2012). I also have payment receipts from AHMSI. I have asked AHMSI, now known as Homeward Residential, for the name of the bank of the returned check. I have done business with BOA for over 40 years. I ask that an investigation be conducted of AHMSI and their business practice of overcharging customer with unfounded fees.

My home is not backed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. My wife and I are not late on payments. We owe $154,000 on a house that's now worth about $94,000 and we make good money. We have tried to refinance with our lender, who is AHMS or now Homeward, and all they want to do is a loan modification. Are there no programs for people who are under water and can afford their mortgage? My next step is to just walk away and let the bank have the house. If I were a big corporation, I could file it as a bad investment and write it off, or find a government handout. Middle class and screwed!

This letter is in response to a letter dated June 25, 2012 from Homeward Residential in response to my complaint filed on 5/18/2012 at 11:23 am. The allegations that Mr. ** is accusing me of are false. What I have been falsely accused of shows me the scum they actually are. I certainly have a predatory case against Homeward Residential. Everything I am currently going through is defined under predatory lending and predatory mortgage servicers and I have included a highlighted copy. Also, to make my case stand out, there was a stipulation added into the loan regarding my chapter 7. This stipulation does not in any way need to be there. It was my sole personal financial crisis, nothing to do with the mortgage.

Yes, I am quite dissatisfied with how the ending of the loan modification went. Once I received my documents, they politely told me to call back so they could answer any questions. I had certainly done this for two weeks and 3 times on that day I sent off my documents and all I received was voicemail from Donna ** and Diana **. After making my third call to the customer service line, this line could not answer my questions and I was transferred over to the bankruptcy department, which as of April 2012, they still showed my account in bankruptcy due to my chapter 7. Mr. **, all allegations are false and it shows the scum that he is along with their legal department to back me up against a wall with this balloon payment mortgage /reduction in term in order to keep my payment high, that I don’t understand. According to industry, it’s only offered in commercial real estate setting.

What needs to be done here is to have the principal reduced to my homes value of $250k (currently underwater of $135-$150k), same interest rate, resetting the term to 28 as originally was in 2011. I will certainly fight to the end to get what I need accomplish for myself and set a standard for the rest of their suffering clients. On page 0 of Mr. **’s response, he alleges that on July 9, 2011, my chapter 7 bankruptcy status was removed. This is false, Mr. **. Please see above paragraph as well, because on the day that I stood at the FedEx office trying to contact AHMS to answer my questions regarding my modification, all I received was voicemail for Donna ** and Diana **. I then pursued to contact customer service to see if they could answer my loan modification questions. With that said, I was informed that my account was still in bankruptcy status and had to be transferred over to the bankruptcy department.

The bankruptcy department could not even answer my questions and suggested that I speak with my negotiator. I would have liked to speak with my negotiator, but my calls went unanswered. I wish my account would be sold and serviced by one of the top 5 banks because maybe, just maybe I can get better assistance instead of the clerks at homeward residential. Then to my surprise my negotiator, Donna **, was contacting me the last week of June 2012 at least every day. I had returned the phone calls to her but I never received a call back. It’s like dead air. To go even further, AHMS has reported to my credit bureau that this mortgage has been discharged and the balance on my loan is $0. How can you explain this when I have not reinstated my loan and I did not list the account with AHMS on my bankruptcy?

This organization has ** up my life, and my credit report and certainly they are ** up, and they continue to respond to my complaints with your organization, Mr. ** and with the New York State Banking association with such ass covering, false allegations to make them look good. On page 1 of Mr. **’s response, he alleges that on April 18th, AHMS attempted to call me but my voicemail was full. Once again, Homeward is dancing around the issue not to answer my questions regarding my loan modification and backing me up against the wall to sign this agreement. If I didn’t sign the agreement, they would have foreclosed on the property. At the start of the modification process, I was informed by Diana ** that this modification is non-negotiable (predatory ringing in my ears) and then I was informed by Donna ** that my principal reduction was denied of $140,000 because it would not benefit the bank.

Mr. **, I currently do not have a landline at my residence. The only phone number that I use is my cell. With that said, my voicemail is never full. To enforce what I just said, I have included my Verizon call long for the period for which this matter took place. There are numerous phone calls placed to Homeward so that I may speak to my negotiator and only one inbound call from Homeward Residential on April 18, for which they chose not to leave a message and cover their asses to show they made an effort. Also, you will see via this log, my calls to my voicemail account, checking my mail, so there is no truth to Mr. **’s statement. On page 2 of Mr. **’s response, he alleges that my account was modified in June 2011. Mr. **, this allegation is false because I was in chapter 13 bankruptcy since November 2008 after my mother’s death and taking over her bankruptcy.

The bankruptcy started under Citi Residential and then was sold off to American Home Mortgage Services. Mr. **, this case was in court for 3 years and needed to be settled. My refinance, and that’s what it was, was lumped all together with arrears, taxes, all court fees and still unexplained costs (statutory expenses, certified check fees, attorney expenses, misc expenses - please see attached) added to the account that they could never explain and the case needed to end. Lumping together all my expense and their expense for their lavish offices in TX, Mexico, Florida and India is not a modification but a refinance. I walked away with a refinance with $100 in my pocket at the end of every month. How dare Mr. ** make such false allegations when he was not the one sitting in court for three years?

Mr. **’s false allegations made against me has led to an all out fight against Homeward Residential. This response will be submitted to the Consumer Affairs website specifically set up for American Home Mortgage Servicing/Homeward Residential at http://**. Please take a look at this site for a moment, Mr. **, and see the lives that this mortgage servicer has destroyed and no one chooses to step in and shut them down. This response will also be forwarded to the New York State Banking as well as the Attorney General of New York and also the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

After my heated voicemail I left on Mr. **’s phone (wrong thing to offer your extension to discuss this matter), Mr. **, Homeward Residential is in for the fight of their life. I will be following with complaints and submitting documents for principal reduction and the response or correspondences that they send me will be sent to all agencies, until there is justice and fairness prevails against this mortgage servicer for me and the million Americans that Homeward Residential has royally screwed. Homeward Residential is to me considered the lowest form of scum. It needs to be taken over by the Attorney General or the Federal government; next, all account sold off to the five major banks and servicers. These mortgage servicers are part of the reason we got into this mess in the first place.

It’s similar to stories from everyone else on this website about AHMSI (aka Homeward Residential). There are verbal assurances only from these people. There’s no proof of who said what. There are continued late fees that are being assessed. And the customer is being locked out of their website. Here are some suggestions on how to deal with this situation.

1. Do not negotiate over the phone with these people. If they call, ask to have them send the information in writing. Document the time, date, the person you spoke to, etc.
2. Do all correspondence with this company in writing. Send certified mail as emails and phone calls won't work.
3. Ask for a qualified written request document your name and account number, document the problems you are having, and ask for a response in writing by a given date.
4. CC all correspondence to your local state attorney general's office, the department of finance in your state, the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) and make a formal complaint to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
5. Stay professional, stay informed and keep calm. If they call, whatever they say, just say, "Please send me the information in writing and I will reply in writing."

6. Share your experiences on formats like this and spread the word.

We had our loan through American Home Mortgage. Needless to say, we lost our home after living there for 13 years and were homeless for two months trying to find a place to live. My husband and I make over $ 100k/year, but they would not work with us to help save our home. Their customer service is very rude and not helpful at all. I would never recommend this company to anyone. Hell would have to freeze over first. I was harassed at work by American Home Mortgage. I would send in my payment on the third approximately that was when my husband would get paid. They would call me at work threatening me to go to collections. I threatened them with a lawsuit if they didn't stop, eventually they did. They would not work with us at all to save our home. We could have made a payment no problem, but they are greedy **, may they rot in hell… wait hell wouldn't deal with this company, they’re too evil.

Hello, I am back again with a problem with American Home Mortgage Services or should I say Homeward Residential. Did they think that changing the name would increase their likability so their customers would simply forget all the problems this company has caused?

I received my Annual Escrow Account Disclosure Statement dated May 5, 2012 from American Home Mortgage Servicing, listing my new payment starting on 06/01/2012. The amount agreed with the amount on the loan modification that I signed. Obviously, the first payment had to be sent in by Western Union, bank check or certified money order. I mailed in my payment via certified money order on June 4th and my payment was applied on June 11th. Over the weekend of June 16th, I received my next statement reflecting my June payment breakdown and the new payment amount for July 1st. The amount for July increased as a result of a late fee. My June 1st payment was mailed in before June 16th so there should be no late fee assessed on my account.

I come to find out that the late fee that was rolled over into my loan modification was being charged to my account again for my July mortgage payment. Three years and continuous complaints about this organization (classified as a debt collector) is still operating in business and unable to correctly post payments and charge individuals’ accounts for the same fees over and over again.

Debt collectors should not be making mistakes like this and ruining the lives and credit reports of hard working Americans. Also debt collectors should not even be remotely involved in putting together a loan modification for individuals. If this organization cannot even do their own jobs correctly, they should not even process or put together a loan modification for a bank. As of today, June 19th, I am still waiting for a response back on my 3 complaints sent to the Attorney General of Texas, NYS Banking Unit of New York State and Consumer Affairs.org for American Home Mortgage Servicing.

I spoke to an individual at Homeward Residential regarding the late fee assessment on my mortgage statement and informed her that this was rolled over into my loan modification. She continued to proceed and tell me that late fees are not rolled into loan modifications and that they have to be paid separately. I disagreed with her and she continued to tell me I was wrong. I have my loan modification that I signed that shows in black and white the late fee rolled over into my loan modification.

After I stated that I would again file complaints with the 3 organizations, she asked me whether I would like the fax number to the complaint department at Homeward Residential. Are you kidding me? Every small mistake that this organization makes will be taken the route it should be to shut this organization down eventually. This organization is still the same loused up, unorganized, unable to just do simple accounting.

Attached are both mortgage statements and my loan modification indicating that the late fee was rolled over into my loan modification. I want this corrected now! Three years of complaints and disgusted, when will this end?

Beware! Look at your monthly statement carefully. Last month, I got notice that I was going to be put in a program for Insurance for our mortgage. I promptly called AHMSI and told them I did not want this optional insurance. I was reassured I won't be in the program. Well, this month, I got the statement and there is this mysterious $54.90 added as "Optional Products". When I called to get it removed/complain, the guy was not helpful and told me I have to call the company that handles that. I then insisted on talking to a manager, who has assured me she will get it removed from my bill.

This is criminal. I never signed up for such service and they try to slide it in to unknowing consumers. People are having enough trouble paying their mortgage these days. Why would a company do this other than to just line their own greedy pockets on the backs of unknowing consumers? I am sure I will be on the phone next month, or it will probably ruin our credit, as it will show as a late. I will be furious.

I was late on my March payment and for April they billed me the payment with a late fee included. I sent a payment to cover for both charges and now my May statement shows I still have unpaid late charge. I called them and they said that from my last payment they applied a portion of it to cover for another charge (which I was never billed for nor do I have the details for) labeled corporate charges, and thus why I am late. He said that if I wanted to know the detail of that charge, I would have to send a written request. This is just borderline theft. Where have we seen a bank takes the money from one payment and arbitrarily applies to something else that they are not even billing for? Then, you have to send a written request to get the details but still they won't bill you for that? Isn't that illegal?

I am in receipt of the response from Ryan ** of American Home Mortgage that I received on April 26, 2012. It is certainly a disgrace that Mr. ** should respond to a complaint after that fact. Mr. ** should certainly have his ducks in a row working in the Escalated Customer Resolution Unit.

I am due the credit in this matter not American Home Mortgage since I had filed complaints against this company with the Consumer Affairs organization. This was the only way for me to get action to finally receive my home loan modification which is still half **. A few days after AHMS receiving my signed loan modification, they respond to you about my complaint making them look like the #1 mortgage company on the face of this earth when in fact they’re not.

Mr. Ryan ** would like me to contact my negotiator, Donna ** if I should have any further questions. Really, is he serious? I did reach out to Ms. ** for 2 weeks prior to signing my loan modification with questions that I had regarding the balloon payment and I also reached out to Diana ** who also requested Ms. ** to contact me and answer my questions. No one contacted me back to discuss my questions. I also reached out to American Home Mortgage. Of course, I could not be transferred because American Home Mortgage still has my account listed in bankruptcy. I had to speak to the bankruptcy department and they still couldn’t answer my questions. As far as the bankruptcy goes, I spoke with my attorney and he said that since another loan modification was signed there is no need to re-instate this loan. The signed loan modification just took care of this.

Since American Home Mortgage is clueless and cannot give me the courtesy of a phone call to discuss my half ** loan modification, I certainly believe AHMS does not comprehend how they designed my loan modification. I have a balloon payment that is due of $100,000.00 when the loan matures at my age of **. With that said, the total principal on my loan is $** - $** = $**. My payments that include principal and interest until the loan matures should only be based on $** and not $ **. My monthly mortgage payment only came down $198.00. Something is wrong and I believe they’re calculating my payment based on the full principal of $ **. This organization certainly needs to be investigated and with that said, I am filling a complaint with the better Business Bureau and the Attorney General of Texas again. If Donna ** or Diana ** returned my calls in the first place, I would not have to take this action.

I talked with an AHMS rep, wanted to make a payment over the phone. The subject stated we had extra money in a suspense account and could use and just add extra to bring the payment current. The rep then gave us a payment confirmation and said full payment was accepted. A month later, I got a letter stating we only paid the difference, not full payment. I made a complaint to the supervisor. He called back and stated he listened to the recording and the AHMS rep did state that the full payment was made, but he made a mistake and wasn't supposed to do that. We insisted that this was not our fault. The supervisor said, "So what? We are not paying and giving you credit for payment even though it was the rep's fault." I asked how to make extra payments, they will not talk with us. What can we do? We have all conversations documented - day, date, time, ID numbers, etc.

We have made our payments one month early on numerous occasions and for some reason, they would also put them in suspense. The couple of times we made this mistake, it was nothing but a nightmare to get this corrected. This would seem such a simple problem: all payments made on time and then in one month two payments posted. Then the very next month one would not post. You would think they would see two payments in one month and know the second one was for the following month. Not AHMSI. They would put it in suspense and then try to tell us we were late. After trying to explain first to customer service in India then to someone in Coppell, we finally got the vice president of customer advocacy on the phone and got this straighten out. However, it took over a month to do this and get this all straightened out.

Also, we have had issues on numerous occasions with them on our homeowner’s insurance. Our insurance company would send in the policy and we had nothing but a battle for a year. They constantly would call and say we don't have insurance; we would say we did have the policy faxed over to them and then it happens all over again the next month. This company is a nightmare if you are having any problems. When you call customer service, ask for the office of the president. There is a team here in Coppell, Texas that can better assist in the matter. They’re not much better; however, they can understand your concerns a bit better.

American Home Mortgage Company Profile