Acushield Financial

Out of Business

Compare Debt Consolidation Companies

Research top Debt Consolidation Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

After 30 years of marriage, I found myself on my own fighting for just the equity in the home we owned, which was 65K. When my X decided to disappear and not fulfill this obligation, I tried to go to the court system and try to force him to meet this obligation. He was not willing to do that and I had to take him to court, subsequently, I had to use credit cards to pay attorneys. I live on social security disability because I have multiple sclerosis.

I went to Debtco, a negotiating company, to help me pay back the debts I had incurred trying to collect my equity. Debtco became acushield financial and from then on I could not get anyone to talk to me or send me monthly statements. When I insisted that they send me a statement as to what I had paid them they promptly disappeared from radar. Their number was suddenly disconnected and I can not find out where to contact them.

I have paid this company over $8,000 and they should have cleared all of my debts. I have had my checking account drained to pay one of my creditors,and since I live on social security disability, this has been extremely stressful. Last month, a law firm decided they had waited long enough and garnished my checking account, which is social security. I was not warned or notified that they were taking everything I had. I have Multiple Sclerosis and stress adds to attacks. I have lost the sight in my left eye because of this and can hardly walk from the pain in my back.

I signed up with Debtco which became Acushield Financial back in 2003 or '04. Anyway, the company settled one card for me and then disappeared a few years later as I continued to pay into the company and build my Set Aside fund. I had requested to return my money when the company was still in business back in October 2008. They have since disappeared. I would like to sue Nicolas De Segonzac who was the CEO for taking my money. They owed me $3,900 and took off with it. He apparently filed bankruptcy as well. If I can still sue and get my funds back, that is what I would like. However, there are many people who are owed money by this company and a class action lawsuit would be another way to go about it. Please contact me.

Owner: De Segonzac, Nicolas
Address: 10748 Escobar Dr.
City/State/Zip: San Diego, CA 92124-2027

Parcel #: 373-251-24-00

I signed up with a debt settlement company in 2004. The company was called Debtco at the time. It then changed names to Acu-Shield Financial. They withdrew from my checking account $830 a month for 4 years to put into a set-aside fund to pay off 5 credit accounts. I have proof that 3 of the 5 were settled and I believe a fourth one was paid.

On my most recent interaction with the company(about a year ago 8/14/08)I found out that I had over $11,000 dollars in my set-aside fund and that would be more than enough to settle that last debt. I asked the company to stop taking the electronic funds transfer from my account since there was money to settle this last account. They stopped taking money from my account, but apparently did not pay off the last creditor. It now seems that I owe over $23,000 and Acushield has disappeared with my money.

I now cannot get loans because there is anoutstanding debt of $23,000. Help! I cannot locate them. The phone numbers state "all circuits are busy",my e-mails have gone unreturned, as do my faxes, their web-site which had all my information is no where to be found. Can you help find this company and my money?

They paid 4 of the 5 credit cards, except for the last one, for $5,000.00. They sent me a letter stating that I was debt-free, but the debt collector said they were never paid and are now suing me for $12,000. I now have to file for bankruptcy. I would like to join in any class action suit against them.

I signed a contract with this company June, 2005, have been making monthly payments of $1000.00 per month and my account balance is around $19,000.00. They paid some of the accounts off. I found out in January, 2009 they went out of business. I have called and a recording comes on saying your call can not be completed. I have sent certified letters and other mail and they are all returned to me. I need this money so I can pay off these accounts that they did not pay. I am a single worker. Can you help?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acushield Financial?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I signed a contract with Debtco in 2003 to settle 8 outstanding debts with a goal to be debt free in an estimated 36 months. Only 2 of the 8 outstanding debts I had were settled by this company over 5 years. Debtco closed and Acushield took over as the servicing agent for Debtco. In July 2008, I terminated my contract and requested that the remaining set aside balance of $12,169.66 be returned to me. My contract states that Debtco agreed to return any unused set aside funds within 30 days.

My money was not returned and I sought out Nicolas de Segonzac, President of AcuShield to settle this claim. I spoke with Nicolas by phone and mail and he stated that he would send a check of $801.66 as a good faith deposit with two monthly remaining payments of $5,684 to be mailed to me. I received a check for $801.66 but am still awaiting the balance of the settlement, $11,368.00.

Upon further attempts to contact Nicolas or anyone in these companies, I have only found disconnected phone numbers and voicemails stating that the above companies have closed.

I have been unable to close these remaining outstanding debts and therefore have had to move out of my apartment. My wife, my one year old daughter and myself have had to move in with my in-laws. I'm unable to purchase a home for my family simply because I tried to pay off my debt.

Acushield Financial Company Profile