1.12/5

389 Conduent Education Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 5, 2015

This company took over as the servicer for one of my smaller amount student loans. They have terrible customer service, and applied a late fee for a loan payment that wasn't late (paid on due date, and spoke to them on that same day to ensure no late fee). 1 month later, I log in, and they had retroactively applied a late fee to the previous payment which was now > 30 days late itself. When I called the company to complain, I was told that because the payment was due on that same day, that ACS didn't get it to the school on time, and so the school assessed the late fee. If I wanted to dispute the issue, I would have to contact the school, and then of course was given contact information that led nowhere.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2015

I have been paying that nightmare ACS faithfully every month. They went up on my monthly payment, just to add it all to interest. So what about my principal can you tell me that ACS. I called those crooks to get my monthly payment lower... they raised my total loan amount.... and add $30-$40 here and there to my principal I was paying $238. Thanks for swindling me. I really appreciate being robbed for having an education.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2015

I requested to consolidate my loans with another company in April of 2015. They did not complete the proper paperwork because of a "pending financial adjustment" that would be resolved in 30 days - that was over 60 days ago.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2015

I started at a small school and then moved to a big university on another side of the state. After confusion with the grace period policy, my other student loan companies kept in contact with me and always worked with me to keep my contact information up to date. I moved from that university to another state for work. At this point, I had no idea that ACS even existed, but they claim otherwise.

Flash forward 7 years. I've had some bumps in the road, but I'm finally making enough money to pay all of my bills, or so I thought. My ACS statement was going to the house I had in high school. I hadn't lived there in 10 years! I moved back to that city and only then found out from an old neighbor about the bills. I called ACS freaking out, and the first woman I spoke with was almost as upset as I was. She said that they have a team just for such situations and that I should've gotten a call or an email. She had to transfer me, and that woman said "You should've known, and you changed your contact info with the other rep, so deal with it." Yes, I changed my phone number to the one I got 2 years ago, meaning they had the right number for 5 years, and the old email is still active. I just don't use it often.

I work for a different student loan company, so I know that what they do is illegal. My credit is destroyed, and I was set up on some kind of "rehabilitation" plan, where I pay 7x my monthly minimum for 9 months. I paid the last such payment today, ahead of schedule, which they'll probably penalize me for when I call tomorrow and remind them of the program contract to fix my credit. They'll probably deny all knowledge of said contact, which I made a copy of.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2015

As of January 15, 2015 I have paid over $45,000.00 to ACS on a student loan which originally was for approx. $20,000.00 (actually less). I have called and written ACS, Panhandle Plains (loan originator), and the Dept. of Education regarding this loan without success. I have noted the loan has been paid more than twice over the original amount and therefore should be considered paid in full. ACS then threatened me with a lawsuit if I didn't continue paying until a total of $91,332.25 was received.

They informed me they would ruin my credit, take my home and my social security and everything else of value until the dollar amount is met. This should be against the law, but I have been unable to find anyone to respond with a solution. I live on my social security and a small monthly retirement and it is becoming impossible to continue paying ACS $633.65 a month AND I don't owe the amount they continue to threaten me with. I can't believe such an unscrupulous company is connected to our education system. No wonder America is in trouble with education. I am sending a complaint to Consumer Affairs, the Attorney General and State of Texas Education Dept.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conduent Education Services?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2015

I used to be able to pay online for my monthly dues always on time with extras, but no matter how much more or extra amount of money I pay on top it, it always makes the amount go up higher like its adding up to my current total amount. The amount now showing is most likely the amount of money I have been paying off online on time. Who in ACS makes all this wrong calculations of everyone's loan amounts and why do it when it's very illegal practice of corruptions. I was fine with my previous loan holder until this ACS corrupt system took over mine and yours.

I've read everyone's experience and I have a lot of similarities almost identical to their experience with ACS. Such as not a good customer service, waste of air time, not at all professional with clients and or customers. What is the reason why it suddenly won't allow me to pay online anymore. It started probably 3 to 4 years ago, I lost count cause I got tired and stressed out of chasing ACS to try to pay my monthly so I'm just going to wait for lawsuit to actually take effect. When will this class action will ever happen?? I'm sure a lot of us are or been burnt money and still getting burnt by this ACS corruptions. Time wasters, very unhealthy for people. ACS = Another Corrupt System.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2015

Called ACS customer service and inquired about programs that I could switch my loan to. They mailed me the application forms. I completed then sent the application via email to ACS for Pay as you Earn/IBR apply. I called a few weeks later and they didn't receive it. So I emailed the completed forms again. This time I called in a few days to see if they had it. The rep told me that they won't process applications that arrive by email. Then I faxed the information and kept my receipts. Still not processed and no response, whatsoever. I receive a bill in the mail after that. Called ACS customer service and informed my account doesn't qualify for those programs (first rep that had ever informed me of that) and that there has already been negative reporting to credit bureaus.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2015

I will try to keep this short. I have been denied four times for a loan forgiveness. Each time was for something trivial. I was told to complete several applications for the different schools that I've been employed as a teacher. This doesn't make sense whatsoever. Why all the fuss and more importantly, why all the waste of paper? I was also denied because the title of my school's administrator was not indicated. Though I doubt that, I made the mistake of not making a copy of the last application (lesson learned). What REALLY aggravates me about ACS Education Services is they are (supposedly) based in Utica, New York. Yet each time I called, I am connected to someone who is not in NY...nor the United States. So the language barrier is a bit of a challenge. But even more concerning is why can't I speak to an individual in their supposed New York office so he/she can have my actual application in their possession?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

I have been trying to consolidate my ACS student loans since the beginning of April, with my other loans at an approved company for a special repayment program for teachers. The other companies I have been working with approved the consolidation back in May, and now I have 180 days from May 15, to add any additional loans.

Initially ACS reported back that my loans were at $0.00 and therefore were not consolidated. I called ACS and they told me my account was in financial review, and it could take up to 10 days. I called the consolidation company on Jun1, and they still had not received the Loan Verification from ACS so they resent a request. I called ACS a few days later and they confirmed receiving it and that my account had been cleared and it would be processed in the next 10 days. I called back in late June early July because it hadn't been sent to consolidation company, and ACS confirmed the Loan Verification form had been sent.

Now on August 4th, it still has not been sent to consolidation company so the loans have not been consolidated. ACS told me today that it should only take 10 days from today but to be on the safe side to put my loans in to forbearance while it is straightened out (because every time I have called since April, I have been told it will only take 10 days). That is fine except that I will still be accruing interest during this forbearance. Not to mention that I only have 180 days from May 15th to add additional loans to my consolidation, and it is getting close to the end of that timeline. This company is not a good company to go through, they have done absolutely nothing to assist me in this process. Their "delay" has cost me over $1200 in additional payments already.

Original review: July 28, 2015

I started graduate school March 2015. While enrolled in school I received notification from my school's financial aid dept. that a loan with PHEAA defaulted and I could no longer receive financial aid! Immediately I contacted PHEAA because I clearly was enrolled in school before the loan should have even been considered for default. PHEAA reps were completely rude and advised me to submit a repurchase request with ACS because they were the original lender.

I contacted ACS and submitted the required documentation stating that I was enrolled in school half time during the delinquency of the loan. The rep advised me that it would take up to 90 days to complete. Keep in mind that I am still enrolled in school with no financial aid. In addition, ACS/PHEAA had the incorrect contact info for me. This was a surprise considering that my other loans (Great Lakes, FedLoan,etc.) had the correct contact info and also deferred my loans due to enrollment.

After waiting with no response from ACS, I reached out to them and had to request to speak to a supervisor. Who advised me that my repurchase request was denied and that I would have to speak to Navient to have the loan repurchased. I spoke with several Navient reps (the most helpful) and they could not find an account. Long story short, ACS/PHEEA sent me on a wild goose chase and refuses to assist me with errors that they created. They are worse than the MOB! I have been forced to complete a loan rehab program for loans that should not have entered default status initially! However, I will continue to fight this and never will I ever recommend ACS to anyone! They need to be stopped in their tracks for their unfair "business practices"!!!

Original review: July 25, 2015

I would advise everyone to steer clear of these people. After dealing with them myself and reading a huge number of reviews and complaints that anyone can find online it is clear to me there is a criminal element at work here. The first call I got from them was a threat to serve me and to have me appear in court. This really scared me and having no prior knowledge of this agency I immediately set up monthly payments. I have requested both an email and a hard copy of the original loan, original lender, original loan amount and date of loan. I have received nothing. Since then I have cancelled the debit card I gave them for payments. I'm not paying them anything. I have tried contacting who they claim is the original lender and they have refused my inquiry 3 times. STOP PAYING THIS AGENCY PEOPLE.

Original review: July 22, 2015

This company is horrible. I have been paying on my student loans for the past year and the total amount due goes down by $19 each month and I pay $276 per month!!! How is this allowed?? My loans started out at $20,000 and they are now at $40,000 so they have doubled since the start. I will never get these paid off. These loans are really for my son and his college education. He said when he went to his financial aid office at his college, they told him his parents should get the loan because it would be cheaper!!! So for my son to get his education, I did it. My son did graduate so I don't mind paying loans but this company is ripping us off.

When I first took out the loans which they call parent plus loans they were with US Bank and after my son graduated I consolidated the loans and they put them with ACS!!! BIG MISTAKE!!! I have had more issues with this company than any human should have to go through. You can never speak to someone that speaks English!!! There needs to be a class action lawsuit against this company and I will be a part of it!!!

Original review: July 21, 2015

Quite simply, ACS didn't send me bills for my Perkins Loan. This was due to a number of errors on their part. By chance, I (when I applied for another student loan) found out that my ACS account was 6 months overdue and my credit score had tanked. It was almost impossible to get the issue resolved with ACS. They clearly do not have their act together and have poor customer service.

Original review: July 20, 2015

I have been receiving numerous calls from ACS collection. They say I tried to get a loan. I have never even been approved for a loan with these people. I ask them "when did I apply?" - they can't tell me. "What is the number?" - they still can't tell me. These people need to stop with this fraud. I haven't had a account since 2011. It's 2015, have not had a job in 3 years. Why would I apply and don't have a job.

Original review: July 17, 2015

I recently contacted ACS to receive information on how and where to submit my IBR as well as request a forbearance while my IBR is being processed. The customer service representative tells me that my account has been "sold" to Nelnet, and provides me with the number and hangs up. I contact Nelnet, only to find out they do not have my account. Nelnet rep informs me that ACS is going out of business and most accounts will be transferred to them at some point.

I call ACS back to see if I can obtain additional information. This time I am told they still have my account and that what I am telling them about my account being transferred is incorrect. After wasting over an hour of my time, I finally get the information that I need. EVERY TIME I have called ACS in the past the information received is incorrect or they do not want to give me all the necessary details of my account; it is such a hassle and time consuming when I call them. If I could rate ACS with a ZERO I definitely would!

Original review: July 17, 2015

Being a health professional I have many student loans through many different loan services, and ACS is BY FAR the worst and most disorganized servicer I have ever dealt with. Briefly, I needed to apply for deferment for a residency program straight out of medical school. Even though I sent in all the correct forms, they used up my 12-month grace period and started billing me during residency. Even after 5 phone calls, many faxes to resubmit my deferment paperwork, and a detailed letter from my residency program... the issue has STILL not been resolved. Each customer service rep I talk to is rude and seems like they do not understand what I am asking about. I wish I was not stuck with this loan servicer... I would switch over the loan in a second. Maybe I will look into that next.

Original review: July 1, 2015

I filled out my IBR and sent my application to ACS as I did last year. I waited for my response and payment information. Instead I received a letter stating that my loan had been sold to ECMC. I instantly felt sick. I went to the ACS site to log in to get some information and I was unable to log in. This has been a nightmare. I did one year of online college through Corinthian University, only to find out later that the cost in student loans were $20,000.

Bottom line - I am paying $20,000 for an armload of text books. I have no explanation as to why ACS sold my loan but I do know that if I cannot pay what ECMC asks me to I will have my wages garnished, my income tax taken, without any concerns about how my family will survive after they get done with me. "Beware.." do not wait for ACS to give you a status on your applications, make frequent contact with them!

Original review: June 28, 2015

After 58 Months of Payments totaling $27,470, the balance continues to go up. The original starting balance was $46,487 and the current balance is $53,889.13. This means after faithfully paying $27,470 over 5 years instead of going down, the balance keeps going up and increased by over $7,000. Very demoralizing and there's no longer any incentive for me to pay. I live paycheck to paycheck and plan on retiring on Social Security and Medicare in 1 year. I will not be able to pay when that time comes. I tried to settle the unpaid balance for 20k but they will not settle. Someone needs to do something, this is financial terrorism.

Original review: June 18, 2015

I received a phone call promising to lower the interest rates on my existing bills. They told me it would cost $1290.00 but I would save thousands over the years. I was promised it WOULD NOT cost me anything (refund would be made) if they could not do anything for me. They could not lower them but I cannot get my money back after many calls and promises. I am paying interest on this $1290 every month. I have turned them into the BBB but would like to get this settled on my own. I am a widow and need this money badly. All I get is promises!!!

Original review: June 12, 2015

I have paid $340 monthly, on time, for the last year and a half. Of that $6000, 100% has gone to interest, not a single penny applied to the principal. My original loan was for $60,000 for my studies. Now I owe $72,000. How is this legal? How is this even humane? I have contacted them several times for an explanation both by phone and in writing. They deflect, they detract. They do not explain how long this interest repayment will last or why 100% of my payments are going to interest. They send a letter saying how interest is calculated. I'm at a loss, feel defeated that I'm stuck with this the rest of my life.

Original review: June 2, 2015

I sent a letter to ACS questioning their fees and the excessive mail. They did not have the time to explain to me and they transferred me to AES without my permission or any notification. Then they reported me to the credit agencies as delinquent. Companies like this one should not be in business.

Original review: May 29, 2015

I had my loan transferred from Sallie Mae to these people and I feel like they are just screwing people out of their money. My loan was for $17,000 when I got the loan, now my balance is at $30,000. I have been making payments on time and everything for the last few years, and the balance is going nowhere. I'm still at the same balance as I was years ago. This is not right all and someone needs to investigate them ASAP. There is no way people should have to pay to go to school to get a job, graduate, just to get a job to pay for school. These type people make others' life a living hell. At the rate I'm at, my kids will be paying for my loans when I am dead, this is just entirely wrong. Please someone help us with these matters.

Original review: May 28, 2015

I recently relocated to another area and completed a US Postal services forwarding mailer. I received a phone call from ACS stating my student loan account was past due. I have been under a forbearance with ACS and was under the impression I was still under forbearance. When I called ACS they explained to me my account was 103 days late. I explained to ACS I had not received any notifications or statements to inform me of the late payments or the discontinuation of the forbearance. I also instructed ACS, my credit report was now showing delinquency. The response I received from ACS was to write them a letter and they would send through to processing and as soon as the late payment was taken care, ACS MAY help with my corrected credit status. I do not understand, but now my credit reveals a delinquency which I was not responsible. What do I need to do in a matter such as this?

Original review: May 27, 2015

When make my monthly payment anything I pay over is not going to the principal, it is going to the interest which make me pay more in interest.

Original review: May 19, 2015

I completed graduate school in December of 2014, and my parent PLUS loan was in forbearance until 3/28/15. I resumed my payments, as I should have, on 4/28/14. On May 4, 2015, I was checking credit karma.com and noticed that ACS reported that my account was 60 days late. I called the customer service phone number (1-800-835-4611) on 5/4 and 5/5 to resolve the issue, and both reps agreed that my account was NEVER late. The rep on 5/5 told me to write a letter to ACS (address on my monthly statements) in Ithaca, NY to request the derogatory remark off of my credit reports. On May 15, 2015, ACS replied with two letters: One stated that they refused to remove the derogatory remark and the other contained documentation that proved that my account was in forbearance when they incorrectly reported the account 60 days past due (in February of 2015).

At my wit's end, I contacted my university's financial aid's representative, and she referred me to the Department of Education's Ombudsman at (write down this number) (877) 557-2575. ** at the Ombudsman's office stated that he could not make ACS correct my credit report and advised me to send an email to ACS Resolution Management Group at (write this down) rmg@acs-inc.com. Within two hours of sending the email, a rep responded via email and stated that ACS Resolution Management Group would shortly look into my issue (I provided LOTS of documentation in my email to RMG). Twenty-four hours later, I received a reply that the derogatory remarks have been removed from my credit reports and that it would take 30-60 days to show up. Until then, I can present the letter they attached (in the email) to prove the incorrect derogatory remarks to potential creditors.

Original review: May 5, 2015

If ZERO stars were an option that would be my choice! A class action lawsuit needs to be initiated. Please contact me as I am more than happy to be the named plaintiff in the class. I too am a victim of this company's unconscionable practices. Borrowed 150K for higher education, been paying approximately 1000 per month for 10 years this month. Now I owe 222K. I have no degree in mathematics, but my calculator tells me that this does not add up on ANY planet. I have the same hurt, disgust, frustration and downright anger as ALL of the folks who have written about ACS and remain completely at my wits' end as my loan's payments are supposedly set to double on June 1 2015. Class action time is NOW.

Original review: April 22, 2015

This company is a nightmare. I had loans on auto-pay, and would receive "payment received" auto-generated emails from ACS, so I thought my payments were going through. When my account balance wasn't able to cover, payment was not going through, but ACS was not following up. So they reported my account as past due, effectively ruining my credit, without communicating this.

Their website is a joke and is not user-friendly. You have to dig for a customer service phone number. When you call, you are not allowed to press "0" to speak to a live representative about your account. If you hit 0 enough times, it will go through, at which point it says, "We're sorry, there is nobody answering your call. Goodbye." At which point ACS hangs up on you.

Good luck getting answers to any questions about your loan. As far as I can tell, they have no employees. Criminal. They should be investigated and prosecuted for ruining the credit of who knows how many victims. Worst company ever. I weep for the future generation who has no purchasing power due to blood suckers like ACS. CRIMINALS.

Original review: April 10, 2015

This email I just sent to these crooks explains my situation. How and what can I do about this? Who do I need to contact to have this resolved? The email you sent me on April 3, 2014 stated the forbearance had been processed. The forbearance would have not then ended on April 14th. I was never at anytime notified that the forbearance had ended nor was I ever sent any notices regarding any late payments or late fees. The only communication I have received from you since April 3, 2014 is your response to my email yesterday April 9th 2015. It has been over a year since you have communicated in any way with me regarding my account and had I not inquired about my account I would still have not had any communication with you. My account cannot be in default since the forbearance was applied on April 3, 2014 according to the letter you sent me.

Again, you never at anytime informed me of any forbearance ending. You say my account is 331 days past due and you have given me 3 different amounts that I supposedly owe. The first email you said it was 774.00, the second email it was 886.00 and then today, you say it is 710.27. You have given me 3 different balances in a period of 2 days. I do not believe that any of this information could possibly be correct. Also, you claim that my forbearance ended April 14th, just 11 days after you said the forbearance had been processed.

If this were true, which it is not, and if the forbearance had ended on April 14th 2014, then I would not be 331 days past due. April 14th 2014 until now April 10, 2015 is more than 331 days. Therefore nothing you have conveyed to me regarding to my account makes any logical sense. The email of April 3, 2014 confirmed that the forbearance was processed on April 3, 2014. I never at anytime received any communication from you that the forbearance had ended and never at anytime did I receive any communication regarding late payments or money due.

If this situation cannot be resolved and the forbearance applied, as I was apparently mislead by ACS into believing had been applied, I will be forced to seek remedy elsewhere. I will not allow others incompetence and nonprofessional actions ruin my ability to further my education by making false and inaccurate statements. I understand there are thousands of consumer complaints and numerous lawsuits against ACS Education Services. I want to know the name, email address, and phone number of the supervisor, director of your company as I would like to contact this person directly. These people do not know what they are doing and cannot even keep their lies straight from one day to the next.

Original review: April 9, 2015

I have been paying on my loan since the beginning. I have a statement from 2005 stating that my balance was $5.597.76. A statement from 2007 shows my balance as $5,597.76 -- the same amount. Now my balance is $5,571.76. This makes no sense! All of my payments are applied to interest! At this rate, it will never be paid off. Isn't this illegal? Has anyone else had this problem? This cannot be right!

Original review: April 6, 2015

My original federal student loan was transferred to ACS Education in October 2002. I only owed $17,000.00 at that time. When my daughter was born, I spoke to ACS and they encouraged me to take a forbearance since I would not be working for 2 months. A few years later, I had lost my job and ACS encouraged me to take another forbearance. I took the forbearances and my student loan debt rose to $28,000.00! I have now paid $25,270.57 towards my student loan debt. However, according to ACS Education I still owe them $15,007.20. I will be lucky to have my student loans paid off by the time my daughter graduates High School in 2020. ACS Education is a huge scam!!!

Conduent Education Services Company Information