1.12/5

388 Conduent Education Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 4, 2016

This company is the worst student loan company I've had to deal with! I am a senior citizen living on a fixed income and making monthly payments is an EXTREMELY difficult financial burden for me. I've received several phone calls from them, but the person rattled off the message so quickly I could not understand what she said, therefore I cannot reach them by phone. I'm certain that they are wanting to inform me concerning past due payments that I cannot make! When I tried to log in to my account, they said I did not even have one. I cannot see how this issue will be resolved if there is no way to contact them. I would discourage anyone from dealing with this student loan company!!

Original review: May 28, 2016

This is hands down the worst lender I've had to deal with. Everything is a hassle, submitting documentation, calling, trying to get in touch with a representative, documentation processing, reviewing documents, all of this will take you forever! They are slow and almost unresponsive to my calls and emails. Communication with them is slow and I've had so many problems receiving important information about my accounts, which has caused issues with payments. Also, the people who work in their call centers are also very rude and are so unhelpful when you call with questions or need information regarding your account. I am sick and tired of having to deal with ACS. It just doesn't seem right to treat hardworking people so terribly when they are trying to repay student loans. If you can avoid having to deal with ACS, it is highly advisable.

Original review: May 25, 2016

I was suppose to have a student loan of about $35,000 while completing my schooling at Devry University back in 2007 and now it seems that my loans have more than doubled to about $98,000. I have ask ACS to send me documentation listing every single loan that I am paying for but they have not sent it to me. I don't understand how my loans have doubled. I did not start paying on my loans because I was fighting with Devry on some charges that were being sent to me. As a result of this, I did not graduate. I got into a repayment program with ACS for loans taken out for Devry but now they slapped me with another loan from a school I went to in 1999 which I had already paid off. I am trying to find a Class Action Lawsuit that I can join. This statement might not make sense as I am frustrated and angry with this company who is making my life impossible as I cannot get credit.

Original review: May 19, 2016

These slimy education loan companies that sell off loans. They marked my credit report with a delinquent payment. I reached out to them long before 60+ days and was told I had no more forbearance because Wells Fargo (orig lender) sold it them during the period of late 2014. I tried to make things right and let them know I could not pay and they told me shortly thereafter that ACS/Navient now grants me 60 more months because it seems like the right thing to do (12 months was not sufficient enough), so even though I reached out to them and do the right thing, I get a negative mark on my credit report.

Since the times were so close and almost overlapping, they cannot make an adjustment to the negative mark (if they thought wells Fargo was unfair with 12 months). They must honestly not think that if they could not help me. I could have ignored them and not kept them abreast of my situation. Terrible company and these loan companies are sneaky with their sell offs and buyers of other loans. You try to better your life in college only to get screwed for being poor at the time and unable to make one $50 payment. SHAMEFUL!!!

Original review: May 18, 2016

Bachelor's degree in 1999 and I am STILL paying this loan. I was unemployed for a long period of time and my current loan servicer, ACS, suggested I defer the loan at this time. It was not made clear to me at that time that the interest would still accrue and exactly how much additional was added to the total cost of my loan. Currently my loan balance is $21,184.43, almost $3,000 more than when ACS took over my loan in 2006. The estimated time for payoff is 14 years from now when I will be 57 years old.

ACS has mislead me and they are absolutely horrid to try to work with. You can never reach a live person on the phone. If the slight chance you do, they tell you that they "Simply cannot help". They refuse to email you directly. They email you encrypted messages and do not assist with log-in information. They even told me the encrypted messages were not sent from them when it was clearly their email address.

I have tried applying for a Loan Forgiveness program as I currently work for a nonprofit. ACS informed me that the current FFEL loan I have (also under their recommendation) is not eligible Public Service Loan Forgiveness. When I applied to change to a different loan that would qualify, they denied me. Something does not add up, and I feel like I have been scammed in the worst way possible. I would very much like to apply for a Public Service Loan Forgiveness program as well as change the servicer that I need to deal with.

More importantly, what becomes of the last 16 years that I have paying on a $21,184.43 balance that seems to have remained the same? Even large corporate banks will "settle" for lesser amounts due to changes in financial situations, but this isn't an option for a student loan? I understand that the loan has previous unemployment deferments and forbearance, however the numbers still do not seem to add up. I would like to pursue legal action against ACS for their deceptive practices and failure to provide a service. No one should be paying for a student loan when they are nearing retirement age. More needs to be done to protect people from deceptive businesses like ACS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conduent Education Services?

Original review: April 19, 2016

I am talking lawyer to sue ACS and asking anyone would like to join to make it a class action lawsuit. I am like one of you who was wronged by ACS. They did not process my student loan deferment application properly back in Fall of 2014 and later I learn they sold my loan in default status to Great Lake in Fall 2015. I have tried to work with Great Lake who is not willing to work and refer me be back to ACS and they do not like to be reached.

I reported the case to Minnesota Attorney General Office and dealing with them for last six month. I am reporting this matter to Senator Al Franklin of Minnesota. Now Great Lake sent my loan to Dept. of Education and they turn it to Collection Agency who is asking to pay the loan in full amount and threatening to put judgement against me. I am talking to lawyer now to sue ACS. If anyone of you feel like taking action against incompetent corporation like ACS who is causing unnecessarily suffering to people like us, it's your choice to do something about it.

Original review: April 17, 2016

In 2009 I was laid off from work. It just so happened the next month NACA came to town for a huge event trying to help people lower their interest rates on mortgages. I went and filled out the paperwork and waited in line for 6 hrs. Only to be told that since I was laid off they couldn't lower my rate but ASC had agreed to a 6 month forbearance. I had no idea what that even was. He explained that I wouldn't have to make a payment for 6 months and that would all go to the back end of the loan and in 6 months I would just start making my payments like normal. I agreed and couldn't have been happier. At the end of the 6 months I was back to work by then and doing well. I sent my first payment in and a few weeks later I received a check from ASC in the same amount as my payment. I thought that was odd but ok and sent the next month's payment in along with the extra payment they returned.

A few weeks later I received another check. The amount of the 2 payments. Before I got a chance to call and ask what gives a man pulled in the driveway and served me with an order to appear in court. I assumed it was my ex regarding child support because that was a regular thing for her to haul me back in every chance she got. In the meantime I called ASC and explained about the checks and was told I was 6 months behind in payments and had to bring the loan current with the total amount before they would accept it. I explained the whole NACA thing but was told that I was granted a forbearance but the amount didn't go to the end of the loan that it had to be all paid at the end of 6 months. I told her that made no sense and no one in their right mind would do that. She suggested I start the modification process. So I did. I sent every scrap of paperwork they requested and waited and waited.

Called back and was told the person helping me was promoted and they had no idea what they had done with all my paperwork. I sent it all again and waited. This time I was told they were no longer with the company and had no idea where my paperwork was. This happened a total of 4 times. Then I had my day in court. I'll be damned if it wasn't ASC's attorney and they wanted to foreclose on my house. I explained to the judge that I had not received one thing about foreclosure and keep getting jerked around with the modification. He asked about the papers I was served to come to court that that should have explained it. I showed him what I had and the only thing it said was to appear in front of him at this time on this date. That's it. He asked if I had any proof or paperwork about the modification and I told him no not with me. I had no idea what this was about. I assumed child support.

That's when he set the sale of my home 90 days from that date. I had no alternative but to file a chapter 13 bankruptcy with absolutely nothing to include in it other than my home. I made it through that only to realize ASC is charging me an extra $50 a month for my escrow for the last year for insurance and no one has been able to tell me why yet. They admit there is something wrong but I can't get a straight answer why or where that extra $50 is going because it sure as hell isn't going to the principal. Makes me sick seeing how they've done so many of you on here. I just thought I had rotten luck. I just want 5 minutes in a room alone with whoever is in charge.

Original review: April 16, 2016

I have had some issues with this company in the past, but over the years they have accommodated my need for an adjusted payment so I wasn't overly dissatisfied... until now. Part of my adjusted payment plan meant I was required to sign up for ACS ExpressPay which is an electronic direct withdrawal from my bank account monthly for the AGREED upon amount. When I have extra cash from a tax return or bonus I will add this to the payment. I have been faithfully paying my balances since 2010 and am on time with all of my payments.

About a week ago I decided after getting a hefty bonus payment of $6,000 that I was going to make a large lump sum payment to one of my loans. I set the payment online, hit submit ONCE, and got ONE confirmation number. Fast forward to yesterday and ACS has fraudulently withdrawn an additional $6,000 dollars from my bank account. The amount of catastrophe this has caused is unmeasurable. In all, ACS made three $6,000 withdrawals in two days from my account, a total of $18,000 dollars of which only one installment was returned leaving me -$12,000 and unable to pay my bills.

I spoke with Roberta yesterday who informed me the 'refund' process takes 30 days and my best bet is to speak with my bank. ACS stole money from me without my permission. Having my bank information for PREVIOUSLY AGREED UPON monthly charges does not permit you to steal large sums of money from my bank account. I will be calling the company again on Monday and demanding a more timely resolution to this issue. If not I will be seeking legal counsel and seeking damages for the other accounts that I cannot pay off while this issue is being resolved.

My bank account is now negative thousands of dollars and I cannot pay my rent, buy groceries and will be late on and charged fees for a number of other loan and utility accounts. My advice to any person looking into this company is to bypass it in consideration. My advice to anyone who is still under contract is to pay off your balance as soon as possible, and DO NOT agree to signing up for ACS ExpressPay. You're safer just sending in a paper check.

Original review: April 8, 2016

ACS should not be allowed on any college or university. DO NOT TAKE A LOAN FROM ACS! I co-signed with my son. He is back in school and I ask for a reduced payment. ACS DOES NOT stop payments when a student is in school. I spoke with Don ** in the Loan Resolution Department. He refused to work with me. I am 77 years old and consider this to be Elder Abuse!!! ACS is a terrible company!

Original review: April 4, 2016

They are the absolute worst! They start harassing you with very rude phone calls 2 days after the due date. Unfortunately, my daughter has many student loans and all the other education loan services are wonderful. This one - HORRIBLE. Get your loans elsewhere. We will be refinancing this one as soon as humanly possible.

Original review: March 30, 2016

Our daughter took out a student loan with Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority. The loan was then turned over to ACS education services. Our problems started the month the first payments were due and continued unrelenting for 5 months (November 2015-March 2016). We were at a point where threatening correspondence was a regular occurrence, legal action, negative credit reporting, etc. During this time, over 40 documented contacts were made, with no positive results, even though we were all set and everything was fine.

We finally went and refinanced our home to eliminate this nightmare. Bank records show no payments were ever late & the amounts requested were what was paid. Anyone considering a student loan with either company, please check out their ratings with BBB, consumer reports, and any other agencies before you get into the trap we did. My wife & I are retired. I am 70, she is 66, and now we have to start over. Please note the low-cost student loans are 8-10% interest. Definitely not cheap.

Original review: March 18, 2016

A letter I wrote to UIC some time ago. I blocked out some dates. DO NOT USE ACS! I graduated UIC in **. I have a Federal Perkins loan through ACS Campus Products and Services. I am writing to you because of my horrible experience yesterday and today with this company. I then looked at the Better Business Bureau and saw they had numerous complaints. I hope my experience will persuade UIC to use a different company.

Yesterday, I called ACS to ask them why my credit report showed I was past due 2 months. What happened is that I am currently in graduate school while working. I was half time and then went to part time so my student loans that were deferred kicked back in. The whole time I have used ACS I have been on direct withdrawal. I have never once received a letter stating that when my loans were due on August ** my direct withdrawal would be taken off. When I talked to Matt from ACS yesterday, I thought I was half time and he told me to contact my school and get it taken off my credit report. I called my school, and they told me that for the spring and summer I was not considered half time but I am for the fall, so ACS should take off the late fee for September because I was in school.

Today I called again after I went home and sorted through all of my papers I have ever received from ACS. None of them warned me ACS would take off direct withdrawal. So I called them today. I spoke with one person who told me I got a letter. I said "When?" He said "Oh some time after February" (because I told him February was when I was told my loans were deferred). I told him "I have all of my letters here and give me an exact date." He couldn't do that because it was not true. So I asked to speak with his supervisor. Matt got on the phone. He told me that he would not take off the credit report because I should have known my direct deposit was taken off on August ** when they sent a letter saying I was past due. Well this was the reason I was calling them in the first place.

I told him he just admitted they never sent me a letter then because you can't warn somebody that their direct withdrawal has been taken off by sending them a letter saying they are past due. He didn't answer any of my other questions. I told him to give me his boss' number. He said he didn't have one. I said "Let me speak to another supervisor." He said he was the only one there and he would not let me talk to anybody else. I told him I would stay on the phone until he gets me another number for somebody else. He said no and he was there for 8 hours when I said I won't hang up. Then I told him I would call back on my cell phone and record the conversation for his manager. He said it was all in the notes. I asked him who I talked to before that. He wouldn't give me that information. He said he would give me the number to my school. I said "For what???" He didn't answer that.

He didn't answer any other question saying he could not tell me that information. I left him on the phone and told him I was calling with my cell phone so I could record this. I called and spoke with Jessica. She put me on hold for 15 minutes then told me that nobody there would talk to me. I told her "this is my life that you guys are not taking seriously." She said that it's not that they don't take it seriously, all the information is in the notes. Anything I asked her as well she told me she could not give me that information. I asked "how many supervisors are there that don't want to speak to me?" She said "I'm not sure." I said "Give me an estimate." She said "Let's say 5 or 6." I said "So 5 or 6 managers don't want to talk to me." She told me to write a letter. I asked "and who does this letter go to?" She said "Our office." I said, "So I am going to write a letter to people who don't even want to talk to me on the phone?"

I am going to have to contact a lawyer not to get this sorted out. If you check the Better Business Bureau website you will see the number of complaints. All the ones I saw were unresolved to the customer. Please do not use this horrible company. I was crying on the phone because of these people. And I am so angry I cannot even explain. If you know anything I can do please let me know. Otherwise I really, really suggest not using this company. Thank you for your time.

Original review: March 9, 2016

I literally received a "highly confidential" letter in the mail. The envelope, letter everything seemed legitimate. There was even a barcode. I am a college student and somehow they know what school I was attending and basically pulled up some BS lie saying I needed to pay off a government loan. This is where they went wrong and messed up. I attended Mount St. Mary's University. They asked the check to be made paid at "Mount St. Marys College" and the address was not even the school address.

Both their company addresses are nothing but PO boxes which also scream fraud. There is no way to reach them. I then called their phone #, it is 10PM, so surely no worker or machine should be working this late - especially a loan company - they led me to a machine answering system where for me to get into contact with a person, I had to "access my account by dialing my nine digit social security number." Nice try. Bam, scam. It's obvious. Hung up right then and there especially after reading the reviews. Don't give any info to this "company". One rule to live by, don't ever give out your SSC #. Not even to your banker. There is always another option to go by. Be smart.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2016

I was told by my advisor at Johnson & Wales University to consolidate my student loans and it was recommended to use ACS Educational Services. I did that and after the first 18 months I began making my payments. I had to go into deferment once and then picked back up and continued to make payments for over 10 years. My payments were $210.00 a month making my payments more than $21,000.00. I just refinanced and found that ACS was charging interest on my balance DAILY. MY ORIGINAL LOAN WAS $31,300.00 for a Bachelors in Business Science. My refi with the Federal Government comes to $33,226.00. Basically ACS only applied $6,000.00 towards the loan and the rest they kept. Is this legal? Is this the fleecing of Americans? I am 57 years old and will never be able to pay off this loan. Do not do business with ACS or the Federal Government for you will be screwed. If you can't afford to pay for college up front then just don't go.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2016

Over the last year and a half, I have been in school finishing up my AA in IT. I have contacted ACS multiple times informing them I am currently in school and my wife is not working full-time. Now from the beginning they have known my loans and my wife's loan were consolidated. Repeatedly, I have had to explain I am in school and she is not working. She is seeking disability due to her progressively worse disability, yet they still state we cannot get a forbearance without her registering for full-time work. I have another loan through another organization that has been much more cooperative than ACS and wish I could have placed our consolidated loans with them instead. Moving right along, one key frustration with ACS is the fact that I have request my original promissory note from them and still have not received it.

Second, every time I talk to these people it is very difficult to understand what they are saying and I miss most of the conversation. Thirdly, what I do get from each agent is a whole different story from the agent before. The first excuse was that I needed forms filled out by my school stating I am enrolled. So I took forms to my school on several occasions and returned them to ACS. "Oh, sorry sir, but because you have a co-borrower, you both must be in school to qualify for this deferment". Next forms submitted, "Oh sorry sir, but she must be registered with an employment agency and seeking full-time work in order to get this deferment."

Third times the charm? Nah not really. Me: "She is unable to work full-time, in fact she has a broken wrist to add to the conditions that is keeping her from working full-time. She is seeking SSI. Why don't you have a precedence or rule for people with co-borrowers who are unable to work? She can't be the only person in the country who has found themselves no longer able to work full-time." ACS: "Well, that is just what we have." The reality is that no matter if we escalate to a manager, nothing gets done and the clock is still ticking towards me defaulting on my loan. ACS is a financial terrorist that really needs to be taken over by a progressive management that can turn around their frigid, antiquated procedures. Contact lawyers, your representatives and let them all know that the mismanagement of student accounts and students is one of the most terrible things that will lead to the next economic burst very soon.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2016

If I could give this company ZERO stars I would, and even that would be too many. EVERY TIME I call this place I get different information, and the person I speak to tells me the last person was incorrect. Even a supervisor gave me wrong information and couldn't help me. By their own admission, this company failed to send me a bill, statement, payment schedule, anything for almost 3 years. I stayed on top of this account simply because I was responsible enough to log in and make sure I knew what was due.

I had my account in a forbearance because this place refuses to work with you or do any kind of income based payments. I was given wrong information from the start about what the forbearance really meant, so even though I was making payments, before I knew it I was about $1,000 behind on my payments. They told me that what was showing as due online was not the right amount and that the due date was wrong also. Wtf?? This is the most unorganized, unprofessional, unhelpful company out there and I wish I could take my loan and transfer it literally anywhere else.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2016

This is the first time I have had to write a review on a company. I had my student loans purchased by ACS. During a period of forbearance, ACS had reported my account as delinquent. I have a printout from ACS that shows the period of forbearance. I contacted ACS several times to have it corrected. I called and wrote letters and have yet to receive a response. What is more disturbing is the lack of service directly from the U.S. or English speaking customer service representatives. I was assured this would be resolved last summer and I would receive written confirmation. I received nothing.

I finally have been working with a company to assist with these types of issues and was instructed to demand to speak to someone in the U.S. This morning I requested to have the telephone number for the U.S. office and was told they could not provide that to me; they could just transfer the call. Since my loan has been out of forbearance, I have paid on time in full with no issues which is very frustrating to me because this discrepancy is dragging down my credit score. This company is absolutely awful. The lack of service and unresponsiveness is really deflating. I hope someone can do something to hold this company accountable for how they treat customers.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2016

First, I had no idea until I read another complaint that when you pay extra it is not applied to principal, but to the next month's interest. This explains why the account is not diminishing as it should be. Second, the following has happened twice. Payment has been submitted and it tells me "success". 5 days after the due date I get a message that the account is overdue. No money has been withdrawn but more interest appears to accrue. They are CROOKED and should be investigated by the AG!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

Before contracting with ACS for a student loan, read the fine print since the ACS re-payment "scheme" not only involves higher than market interest rates, the early repayment difficult (unless balance is paid in full). The ACS repayment plan rolls over "capitalized interest" to payments, and additional money applied to a payment does not get applied to principal in the same way an early house payment and most car payments work. It simply rolls into the next interest payment, instead of reducing the principal. All you need to do is compare the total interest to be paid over the life of the loan with the total interest paid to a reputable student loan firm like SOFI. Avoid ACS completely.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2015

I have been in school for over 3 months and they still don't have my loans deferred. Everyone else has everything already deferred but they are the ONLY ONE that does not have it corrected! No matter how many times you call them they never get anything right. It is always something. Then you wait 45 days to find out NOTHING was done! My credit is starting to suffer because of it! On my credit report it showed that the account was closed/charged off but when I call them they say my account is pending deferment and I have a forbearance on my account, even though I still receive letters that say I am paying back my loan, NOT the interest! I HATE dealing with this company. I wish they would just sell my account to someone else!!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2015

I tried calling and filling out the form. The system will not let me enter my account. I have a new email and no access to my old email. I made several attempts to contact help desk. No luck to obtain a real live person. I tried setting up a new account with new email. They system will not let me do this either. It keeps stating I am in the system and log into my account. Again, I have new email. This is a very terrible log in system. The person who designed it didn't consider a person changing their email.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

I contacted ACS awhile back to see about consolidating my student loans. After reviewing my options I decided not to use them. Fast forward a year or more and they started calling me. They call my cell phone with an auto-dialer, leave no message. When I am able to answer and wait for a live human to then answer I am treated VERY poorly by the staff, who despite claiming they are in Maryland, very obviously don't speak English as their first language and often simply hang up on me rather than put me on their Do Not Call list or answering my questions about their company policies.

This is the kind of business that needs to be avoided like the plague and fully investigated. I fully believe this company is a fraud. They might help someone, but I am convinced they will likely hurt FAR more people than they will ever help! I have never been so glad I stuck to my gut in all my life! Especially after being hung up on 3 times in a row, once by a manager, just for asking why they encourage their employees to perform known illegal activities. Oh and I was told that if I want to complain it was "my opinion" to do so.... Classy Vultures aren't they?!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2015

I have been using their automatic payment system (ACH Checkmate II) for five years and recently changed the bank information for where the money is taken from. I changed the bank information 3 days before my next payment was due and received an automated confirmation email from them. I then noticed my old bank account showed negative $100 in checking due to 4x $25 NSF fees (I have 4 accounts with ACS). Two later the same thing happened causing my account to reach (-$200). I went through their processes, sent about a dozen emails and phone calls with them trying to get them to reimburse me the $200 but they wouldn't budge.

When you select to "Manage Your ACH Checkmate II" there is no information stating that there is a lag in processing time for making changes to your account. Even the confirmation email doesn't say anything about there being processing time, even when you have additional bank profiles already synced up with them. Well apparently ANY changes take 3 full business days and ACS wouldn't work with me no matter what I sent, said or did. They are clearly in the wrong, and you can tell by how defensive they are on the phone that they know it, but they wouldn't budge. I had to pay $200 to correct their mistake.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2015

I sent in my monthly payment as I always do. This time the next bill was over $100 more. I called to ask why I was charged an extra amount this month and they replied because I had not made the correct payment the previous month. They credited me $170 or the $240 I wrote my check out for. Then asked me to provide a copy of the bank record. When I did they state that was not sufficient and that I needed a copy of the check to prove it. Please keep in mind ACS does ACH cashing. This is electronic. How would anyone have a copy of an electronic cashing? We at this point I either lose the $100+ dollars or attempt to cancel the check. I have had so many issues that I am canceling and reissuing the check.

Hands down the worse company I have ever had to deal with. This is not my first time and usually puts my wife into tears when she knows she has to deal with them as it never goes easy or logically. If you can, stay away from this company. They are not stupid. There is no way a company is stupid only in the ways that financially benefit them. They will do what they can for every extra fee because it is so hard to fight them even if they are wrong.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2015

On March 12, 2015 I was enrolled as a full time student. On May 25, 2015, ACS placed my account in default and turned the account over to the default company ECMC. I was told by ECMC in July that the original loan agency (ACS) would have to repurchase the loan from them and then ACS would have to correct the data so my account will be taken out of the default status. I then called ACS in July and informed them of their error. ACS then proceeded to inform me that indeed I was in default that is why they turned my account over to ECMC and that I would have to take this matter up with ECMC. I informed ACS they were mistaken and that I was a full time student when they turned my account over to ECMC. I had asked the representative from ACS if they had known I was a full time student before turning my account over to ECMC in a default status and I was told yes.

I placed a call to ECMC in July and spoke with a Mike. Mike told me ECMC could not do anything with my account and the original loan agency would have to repurchase the loan from ECMC. I then called ACS once more and spoke with a representative and informed them of what ECMC had reported to me. At that point ACS sent me the Repurchase Request for me to fill out. I asked ACS what other information would they need from me to go along with the repurchase request. ACS responded they would also need an enrollment letter from my university showing the dates I was enrolled at the university.

On August 11, 2015 I received the enrollment letter from my university and on August 12, 2015 at 1:26 I sent the repurchase request along with the enrollment letter to ACS at the fax number provided: 1-315-738-2232. I then called ACS to ask them if they would email or telephone notifying me they had received the repurchase request along with the enrollment letter. ACS informed me they could not call or email me; they would send me a letter stating they had received the information. In the third week of August I received a letter from ACS informing me they had received the repurchase request along with the enrollment letter and that I should call 1-800-835-4611 to check on the status of the request.

During the last week of August, I called ACS to check on the status of the repurchase request and was told the information had been sent to ECMC and ACS was awaiting a response from ECMC regarding the repurchase request. I waited until the following week to call ACS. I then called ACS during the first week of September to check the status of the repurchase request and was told again that ACS was awaiting a response from ECMC. On September 10, 2015 at 12:15 p.m. I called ACS again to get a status update and again I was told by ACS representatives they were waiting for a response from ECMC. Once I got off the phone with ACS I placed a call to ECMC at 12:36 p.m. and spoke with an ECMC supervisor.

The ECMC supervisor proceeded to inform me ECMC has not received any repurchase request nor enrollment letter from ACS, but if I wanted to send ECMC the repurchase request along with the enrollment letter and a class schedule they would begin the process on their end. On this same day at 12:55 I called ACS once more to inform them that ECMC has not received any information from ACS regarding the repurchase request and the enrollment letter. I was told by a representative from ACS that the repurchase request and enrollment letter has not been sent to ECMC and it was still in house pending a review. I got angry and asked to speak with a supervisor.

A supervisor from ACS got on the phone and I proceeded to inform said supervisor that I was being mislead by ACS representatives into thinking the repurchase request and enrollment letter had been sent to ECMC and ACS was waiting for a response from ECMC. Said ACS supervisor was not pleased the ACS representatives were giving out misleading information and she stated she will be looking into this matter. I questioned the supervisor as to how long could it possibly take for someone in their business to review paperwork and to proceed. The ACS supervisor responded saying the process could take anywhere from three to six months to complete. I told the supervisor ACS made the error and that as long as my account is in default I cannot continue with my classes.

I have taken two classes starting on March 12, 2015 and the last one ending on July 22, 2015 and cannot continue until my account is out of default. The ACS supervisor proceeded to tell me there is nothing she could do to make the process go faster. On September 14, 2014 I faxed ECMC the repurchase request, enrollment letter from my university and a class schedule. On this same day I called ACS and inquired if they had sent the information to ECMC and I was told at this time the repurchase request and enrollment letter had been sent to ECMC and were awaiting a response. I also called ECMC to make sure they had received the information I had faxed and they stated they did.

On September 25, 2015 I called ECMC to get a status update and was informed they had sent the file along with the quote to ACS and were awaiting a response from ACS regarding the repurchasing of the loan. I was also told from the point of ECMC's perspective "this was going the way I was wanting it to go". I then called ACS on September 25, 2015 to find out if they had received the information from ECMC. I asked to speak with a supervisor. I spoke with another supervisor and was told ACS had received the information from ECMC. I asked this supervisor how long will the process take until it will be resolved and my account will be taken out of Default. The supervisor responded with, "it will take between two weeks to thirty days". I was thrilled that this will soon be coming to an end and I will be able to continue with my classes to earn my master's degree.

On October 2, 2015 at 3:40 p.m. I called ACS to check on the status. I was told that the information received from ECMC had not yet been updated to my account and that process can take up to thirty days. I became upset and asked to speak with a supervisor. I felt it was ridiculous that it would take that amount of time to update information. I again spoke with the supervisor and told her that I was told on September 25 that the information was received and it would take two weeks to thirty days for this to be resolved. The supervisor then proceeded to inform me that I was mistaken and the information would take up to a month to be updated to my account and then after that it will take up to six months to be resolved. I was flabbergasted!!

I was frustrated and let her know that I again am receiving misleading information and feel it is ludicrous for this to be taking so long. I told the supervisor that this is causing consequences with my university and do not want to be kicked out because of their error. The supervisor with ACS proceeded to tell me that I misunderstood the information she gave me the week before and I proceeded to tell her that the information she gave me was not vague nor ambiguous; the information she told me was very specific. She also told me there was nothing they could do that I would have to wait until the process is over. I have since called ACS every week to get a status on this matter and am being told the information has not yet been updated and is still pending review.

I have asked to speak to supervisors and have been told they were unavailable. I have not yet been able to speak with a supervisor anymore. Until this matter is cleared up I cannot continue with my classes and am having to pay for the last class I took which began on May 28, 2015 and ended on July 22, 2015. I have been told that since I have been out of attendance at the University that I could be dropped. My goal is to become a school counselor and had a time frame of completing my degree but since ACS's error this goal is on hold. I am frustrated and feel that ACS has been providing misleading information and they do not feel this is important. I am at my wits end and am getting nowhere.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2015

I'm a current student at Liberty University and I have been in school for quite some time over the years. On October 8, 2015, I was provided information that I had an loan that was placed on default when I'm still a student in school. I was told to find out who the lender was and Liberty stated that they would provide proof of enrollment. On October 13, 2015, I spoke with over 20 individuals and they eventually got me in touch with MCEC and after explaining my situation to a manager, they stated that I needed to contact ACS and request a Claim Recall and have the school to contact ACS from my school as well. I did just that. I was told that my situation was fine and they I would be able to move forward.

Today October 15, 2015, I contact ACS to get a time frame and a letter as proof to my school to move forward. They tell me that I no longer have an account with ACS. I need to call back MCEC because my account has been returned to them. I contact MCEC and they stated that what I was told by ACS isn't true and that they do have the loan but it was returned back to MCEC as a loan in default. I asked to speak to a manager of MCEC and she said that I needed to provide to ACS proof that I was in school when that took place on October 10/13/2015 by my current school Liberty University. I have been bounced around for days and meanwhile, my funds are on hold for an simple error that needs to be corrected so that I can continue my education.

My current job depends on my continuing my education. Without my funds released, I can't get the educational materials or books. That or any other educational needs. I must add that this error will cause for me to drop of school if not corrected so that I can continue my learning. My funding is the only way I can continue my education due to my household income and without the help I was told would be resolved, I will be without employment. Every time I call in to ACS, they ask for my updated information and when I provide it, they say they don't have what I communicate on file. I provide the same information within every conversation but the information is never updated. When I made my first call to them, they didn't want to communicate with me because I couldn't give them the information they had which is over 15 years old. I continue to provide the most current information and it hasn't been updated as of today.

I was told that the default would be removed and that has yet happen nor has anyone provided me any information that can be provided to my current school, Liberty University, so that my funds can be released and I continue my education with them. I was told by MCEC that ACS should remove the default but that hasn't happen nor has they communicated with me when it will be resolved and a letter or email so that my school can release my funds. My education is how I will provide a better life for my family, please help resolve this urgent situation for me. I provided everything they asked for and the school did the same and they are still playing games with my education.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2015

ACS finances my Perkins loans. I set up a temporary payment plan in mid-July with the Student Accounts Office at my school. I also applied part of my AmeriCorps award to pay off any/all outstanding interest on my loan. ACS applied the payment plan but told me I owed the original quarterly payment for August -- I didn't since the temporary plan went into effect in July. I called my school and they told me I did not owe ACS, and they would call them and clear it up.

When I checked my account a week later it had not been cleared up and was now saying that amount was "past due." I called my school yet again and they called ACS again to get the amount removed. Fast forward three months and I still have this issue. I have made over ten phone calls to my school and no one understands why the past due amount is still there. ACS has been contacted numerous times now and supervisors there have been called with reassurances it would get cleared up. It's still not.

Recently I got a letter from ACS saying they've reported me to a credit bureau, they're accelerating my loans, and they're sending my loan to collections. When I spoke to ACS on the phone yesterday the woman I spoke to could not tell me where and why I have this "past due" amount and said my account would need to be reviewed. So here I am, with damage to what was a very good credit score, and this issue still unresolved. Even if I bite the bullet, throw my money away, and pay the money they claim is overdue just to end this, my credit is still damaged. Meanwhile here I am having made each monthly payment in full and on time with legal action threatened against me. How can ACS legally get away with this?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2015

Johnny ** from ACS Legal at 866-805-8414 called demanding to speak with my fiance - who never gives out my phone number for himself - and says that he needs to contact them today or "they" will be looking for him. When I asked again where he was calling from he said it again very quickly and demanded again that I have him call today. When I asked if there was anything I could do he said - yeah, give him the message and hung up. When I called back to be sure that it was a legitimate business and gave the reference number I was left I was berated for calling and hung up on again.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2015

I consolidated my student loans through another company in late April/Early May 2015. All my other student loan companies turned over the appropriate information and were paid off by the consolidation company within 2 weeks. It is now September 17, 2015 and ACS has still not responded to the consolidation company so the loans they hold can be consolidated. There is a 180-day deadline to add loans to a consolidation, which is fast approaching. I have called ACS several times and each time have been told it would be done within 30 days. Then I call again and they say they will expedite it. It still never gets done. They say they have to do an adjustment. What adjustment takes 5 months?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2015

This company took over as the servicer for one of my smaller amount student loans. They have terrible customer service, and applied a late fee for a loan payment that wasn't late (paid on due date, and spoke to them on that same day to ensure no late fee). 1 month later, I log in, and they had retroactively applied a late fee to the previous payment which was now > 30 days late itself. When I called the company to complain, I was told that because the payment was due on that same day, that ACS didn't get it to the school on time, and so the school assessed the late fee. If I wanted to dispute the issue, I would have to contact the school, and then of course was given contact information that led nowhere.

Conduent Education Services Company Information