2. Education
  3. Student Loans

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.93/5
This company is out of businessFind other companies

Conduent Education Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conduent Education Services?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conduent Education Services?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I'm on Ga. unemployment and as I don't have bank account I was required to use the card service. I had to file a fraudulent charge because my card number was used in an online purchase that I didn't make. The person that used my info was stupid enough to use their name and home address when for the 215.99 dollar blender they purchased and I received the invoice with that info within 2 hours so immediately called the merchant and told them it was a fraudulent charge and to cancel the order as well. As called Way2go and reported the charge and cancelled my card I was told that since the charge was still pending that it wouldn't go thru as it was now flagged. Well it did go thru in both ends. The merchant Bed, Bath and Beyond shipped the item and I was charged so I called back to both places and was basically on hold for up to 4 hours at a time with no help.

Once someone answered the phone finally got them to send out the paperwork. I filled it out in time within their 10 day requirement. Sent copies of the invoice with the person's name and address that was so clearly not me. And was given the provisional credit for the full amount only to have that reversed 2 months later and was then told it was a closed matter to contact merchant for my money. But because it was shipped and delivered they wouldn't help.

I was emailed with information regarding the charge that stated it was fraudulent and was informed to get an email address from way2go where I could forward this info and after waiting 4 hours for someone from their closed dispute dept finally answered and told me there was nothing that could be done and no email address I could send that information but that since I had requested a 2nd look into the matter they would send me the details of their investigation if I requested that info but I'm trying to give them that info to show proof yet again that I didn't make the purchase.

The man who was so rude and also eventually hung up on me cause by this point I was livid. I called back the next day and was again on hold for 3 plus hours finally cursed a fax number out of them where I could fax the info to them. And finally after 4 months of basically me being a very big nuisance and calling them everyday and be irate I was given my funds back with only a short letter that after "their" investigation they decided finally it wasn't me that was at fault.

I did all the steps to handle this and still took 4 months of my life to have my money returned to me that should have never happened on the first place. It's company should be ashamed of stealing money from people who need it the most. If I hadn't been relentless in getting my money back they would have just taken it without a reason and their only response was, "I'm sorry there is nothing else we can do. They are thieves and liars and if I had a choice of what card my benefits would go on I wouldn't use these people.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I wasn't affected by their bad service ultimately, and thankfully, but I did have several instances that I had to deal with late notices and threats that were not legitimate. Very stressful and time consuming, without cause. It seemed like ineffective staff and garbage records keeping.

Get buying tips about Student Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Conduent Education Services is scamming people. They have filed multiple negative credit reports due to "delinquent payments" causing my credit score to decrease tremendously. I have read multiple instances where they have done this to others. I paid the "missing" payments so that my credit would not continue to decrease but in the middle of trying to contest these payments, my account has been deactivated. I've tried logging in only to receive this error message of which I was never notified of ANY changes: "Conduent Education Services no longer services your account. Please contact your new lender or new servicer for more information." I was never told about a new lender or servicer! I couldn't even search my payment history on the website every time I tried. I think it may be time for everyone to call an attorney.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I was paying my student loans under the IBR agreement. I have to verify my income annually. I mailed in my verification on time, but for some reason it took a month to get from the mail room to someone's desk. As a result my payment amount jumped from $250 to $800. Customer service just talked in circles, no help at all. While I was trying to communicate with them and the Department of Education, they where destroying my credit, reporting me 3 times each month for 6 months. As a result my credit rating was destroyed. To add injury to insult they would not let me catch up by paying extra. The extra money was applied to interest. For the rest of the time ACS was my loan servicer. I sent my income verification by certified mail. It is no surprise it got processed in time.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Last year Conduent sold my loan to another servicer. I have my 1098-E from the new company, but not from Conduent. I have gone to their site and logged in like I used to, but my form is not available on there. I cannot find any working contact info, and their website is atrocious. How am I supposed to get this form if there is no way to call them, and no info is available for me on their site, even though it lets me log in? Should be illegal.

Original review: April 3, 2019

ACS/Conduent Education Services is super unethical and shady. Like many others in my situation, Conduent has filed multiple negative credit reports due to "delinquent payments", which is false. Their customer service is now nonexistent/shut down so I'm unable to rectify to situation.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I have recently found out through my credit report that ACS/Conduent Education, a loan service company that works directly with my university, has filed multiple reports against my credit, because of delinquent payments. But on the report it doesn't state why my payments were delinquent. I am always on top of my loan and debt repayments; however, ACS is an unreliable company which makes repayments almost impossible. My loans first became due on Nov 1, 2018. Since that day until January of 2019, I made several attempts to repay my loans by either visiting their website or calling them.

Whenever I visited ACS's website I encountered a message claiming that "service is unavailable". This happened every single time I visited their website. Since, repayments through website was obviously not a solution, I attempted calling the company on various days at various times. I would either receive a busy tone, or the call would keep ringing without anyone ever responding. To investigate this further, I called my university's loan and financial department, and a representative went over different possibilities. They told me that ACS often has these problems, and it is very like that they are changing the service provider for those loans, and I shouldn't worry about. That was a relief to hear as ACS seemed very shady in the way they conducted business. Unavailable website and customer service can be very very alarming.

Even though everyone knows that this service provider is unethical (multiple class action lawsuits), yet for universities trust. Yet they are able to file reports. I mean if you are not a real company (no staff and no website) why are you even in business? And still have the guts to file reports against your customers (knowing that the university is changing service provider, and knowing that your website is nonfunctional). I will investigate this further, and this shall not end here. I wish they would go out business. How do you even survive multiple class actions lawsuits.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have been in deferment due to grad school for a while now, but I still like to check in to verify the amount of my loan once in a while. Originally my loan was through ACS education, but was bought by this farce of a company. I have attempted to log in to the website multiple times on different days of the week, including weekdays at peak business hours. Every single time they claim that the site is unavailable. There is no contact, and they do not recognize my SS, as many people are claiming. I have tried to register an account and they say that my information is already on file. I don't want my loan handled by people I can't trust or even contact.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Conduent bought my student loans from ACS at the end of 2017. The 1st loan was sold to another company within 6 months and the 2nd just a few months after that. Both only have a couple of years left before they are paid off so the interest being earned on them is not much. Conduent does NOT accept electronic payments from banks (your bank's bill pay service). The only way you can pay electronically is if you give them ACH access to your bank account. (And after working at a bank - NO ONE gets that authorization from me.)

I have been used to a certain payment amount for years however it increased under them and I ended up with a past due balance of $0.21. They called me AND my co-cosigned nearly a dozen times within 2 weeks about this. And that was AFTER I told them they could wait until the next payment was due. I was not sending an extra payment for $0.21. (Yes decimals are in the correct spot.)

Then on the 2nd loan they only gave me 2 business days notice before my account was inactivated and transferred to the new company. However, I won't be able to access my account with the new company for another 3 days. I tried using their online email message center to send a complaint but since my account was already closed, I couldn't submit it. All of this just proves they don't care about their customers and only care about the money they're making. If you don't have large loans then they don't care to provide anything but the minimum the law requires of them.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I am extremely frustrated and upset with the whole service. I can't log in and it won't recognize my SSN. Overall, the interface of the website is very poor and the service does not work, period. When I enter the password, it fills up the entire space and gave me an error message. There is no number to call to get help to log in. I set up an automatic payment with my bank, but I got a notice that I am overdue. It has been one of the most frustrating experience I have had. I don't understand why Yale University has to have a contract with a shady company with a class action lawsuit hanging over their head.

Conduent Education Services Company Information