Call toll free
4.24/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

21st Mortgage Corporation is a full-service, independent agency offering a large range of insurance products and specialize in mortgages for manufactured and prefabricated homes. When you contact 21st Mortgage Corporation, you can rest assured that our knowledgeable staff will educate you and ultimately assist you in finding the option that best suits your needs.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

768 21st Mortgage Corporation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Our real estate agent suggested 21st Mortgage, and we ended up going with their conventional loan program. The application went well and the gentleman that helped us, Chris, did a great job. He was really good about always staying in contact with me, even after hours of answering any emails or getting back with me through my Realtor, and dealing between my Realtor or me, helping me figure out what was needed and what I needed to get over to them. There was just a lot of times that I was confused on paperwork because I never bought a home before and it was a little overwhelming. So, he was really patient with me and walked me through a lot of things.

The only thing that was frustrating was I’m over in the West Coast and I was dealing with East Coast time, and I was trying to get things done by 3 o’clock and working at the same time. So, it was kind of a back and forth time period. But everything else went well. The application and underwriting process took a couple months, and it wasn’t bad. 21st Mortgage helped us obtain a home and our dreams came true. Everything was great and everybody was really nice and they answered questions for me. I had a good experience and I would definitely use them again. I have already talked to my friends about them.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

21st Mortgage was very helpful with my loan. Fast and easy. My first time buying a home in Las Vegas. 21st Mortgage gave me the experience. They walked me through on all steps of what I will needs. I would regimented to anyone that looking to purchase a home, should go with 21st mortgage.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I called for a payoff on our mortgage that we had only a few months and was told an amount and it matched what was stated on the online account. I was expecting the escrow monies to be sent in a check and then I received a statement showing no monies to be sent and that $1500.00 was applied to loan payoff above what I was told over the phone and saw online! Very, very, deceptive practice. It should state right up top of page in bold letters, IF PAID OFF, ALL ESCROW MONIES GO TOWARDS LOAN AND NOT HAVE A PAYOFF AMOUNT SECTION SINCE IT IS DECEPTIVE. Don't tell me this isn't done on purpose.

Can't trust any lender anymore than we can a politician!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Hello I am very satisfied on who helped me today. Her name was Katie ** and was amazing on helping me and explaining everything well on what I had to do. She was very understanding and very genuine. I appreciate her helping me today with everything I needed.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I have never used an online mortgage company before. I have to say I was pretty impressed by the way everything worked. If I ever need to use 21st Mortgage again I definitely will also will let friends and family know!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

They were efficient and made the whole process simple. They kept me informed by email of everything that they needed and they let me know that everything was accurate and going smoothly. I am a first time buyer by myself.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Only negative point is the escalation of the interest rate. I felt the loan company took advantage of the situation. I will not refer this company. I will continue to search for a better loan and refinance. Scott ** was great.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Due to a few unforeseen circumstances, we had fallen behind on the mortgage, never more than 3 months, and have always made payments to keep it out of that 3 month range. Currently we are one month past due (October) and are only late for November. When I try to call them to make arrangements, I am bullied and threatened and told a sheriff will out to take my home from me, my husband, and our kids. I am told to borrow the money or to figure out a way to get it to them by so and so date. You can never speak to someone who is kind and helpful and understanding. It’s always the same ignorant rude heartless type of person who has no empathy for anyone. They are constantly sending me letters by FedEx and the last one I received in October gave us 31 days to bring the account current ($756) by November 11th, which we plan to do.

However, now I’m receiving a notification that they have sent out another letter by FedEx on November 2nd that I’m suppose to be receiving today... Why? You already sent me one with a deadline of November 11th. They have been the worth most ruthless company with the most awful customer service I have ever dealt with in my entire life. I am aware of my Michigan state laws and they are breaking several of them. Hoping to refinance with someone else in the future. Makes me wish I just would have stayed renting.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

21st Mortgage was recommended to me. I was looking into a mortgage since I didn’t have the money to pay for a new home. 21st's application process took a little while but it worked out. There was no office where I live. So, that took the most time, and the application and underwriting took about a month and a half. My loan officer, Ryan, was good and helpful. I felt very comfortable working with him. I would recommend 21st Mortgage.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

21st Mortgage has been helping our customers for more than 17 years. The customer service is and always has been amazing. The turnaround time is unmatched in our industry. The system set up by 21st Mortgage is smooth and painless for our clients. Chris ** is on top of his game. Chris is ready to answer all questions quickly and in a way that is understandable. I am grateful for the service Chris ** and 21st Mortgage have given us. I plan to continue doing business with Chris and 21st for many years to come.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I was a first time home buyer and 21st Mortgage made the process so simple and easy! I had a lot of questions but my loan originator walked me through the whole process and answered all of my questions and I know I had a lot of questions about so many things! I highly recommend 21st Mortgage to anyone who is looking to buy a modular home!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

There were a few companies listed on the page that offered loans for a manufactured home, and I chose 21st Mortgage because of the person I talked to. They were very friendly. They told me everything I needed to do, responded immediately and updated the file. It was a 45-day escrow we closed in 30 or less.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Brooke is the rudest representative I have ever come across. In our conversations, she was not helpful whatsoever. She then retrieved a manager who was equally rude and not helpful. Their customer service includes repeating what they say until you give up. HORRIFIC!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I needed a mortgage to buy a home and 21st Mortgage was more likely to finance a mobile home instead of other companies. The guy that was helping me with the application was nice and helpful. Even though he lived on the East Coast and was three hours ahead, he was always prompt to answer our questions if we called or emailed him. if I had any problem, he tried to think of solutions for me and he didn't want to make me feel that I was inconveniencing him. The online application was very easy and all in all, the process took about 30 days. Everything went really well and it was faster than most other companies for mobile homes. 21st Mortgage is very helpful especially when needing to purchase a mobile home and very quick in responses.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

We have an account with 21st and I originally forgot to sign some documentation and was told to email it over. The first few times when I emailed the general customer service email, I received no response. Finally, I got Kaylee ** and she was very helpful and answered all of my questions. :-)

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I went to a different lending provider and they were a little bit slow. My realtor suggested that I use 21st and because I lived in Tennessee, it just seemed like a perfect fit for me. The application process was pretty good. I worked with John and he was very prompt. I'd send him emails and he got back with me and my realtor. It took around 35 days to close the loan since there were two properties involved. I applied for one and put a bid in on it, but I didn’t get it just because the owners of that property had a cash bid. Overall, 21st did fine. They were faster than the people that I bought the property from. I would recommend them any time.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

We contacted 21st originally while on vacation and the agent responded quickly. She, Nicki **, answered all our questions and seemed knowledgeable and was courteous and polite. The mortgage process went smoothly and there were no surprises. At one point Nicki was on vacation for a week and we needed to contact someone and another agent was able to take care of our needs.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

We just bought a trailer park and the application process with 21st Mortgage was good. It took about 3 days and we did everything online. It was really simple to do. The rate is a little too high but they told us it’s only about six months then I can try to find a refinancing on it.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

21st Mortgage was more trustworthy than the others and my experience with them was good. However, I didn't like their interest rate. Also, there were too much papers, too much bureaucracy, and too much information. Still, everything was smooth when we called or they called us. I will recommend 21st. I'm satisfied with them.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I was buying a home and 21st Mortgage chose me based on the type of home I purchased and my credit score. The application and underwriting took 55 minutes. A lot of the work was automated and I just had to show up and listen to all the required talk and sign papers. It was a very quick and easy process. Also, everybody was prepared and copies of the documents were ready. The loan officer I worked with was organized and she was very knowledgeable. She helped me with my questions and we moved on. Everything was good and I was happy.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

21st Mortgage is a great company. They work fast, they're efficient and they don't tell you things that aren't true. I got a 20-year loan with a flat interest rate for a mobile home, and the process was simple. However, the seller had a good friend, a notary who was doing their work for them, and that friend kept screwing up the paperwork. So, I took my package, filled everything, went down to the bank and had the bank do it. Everything I did went perfectly. The people at 21st Mortgage explained to me how to fill out the paperwork and the rep made sure to highlight so I wouldn't forget any of the places to sign. They also sent me the FedEx package, and I stuck the documents in there and sent it back.

21st Mortgage's part of the process was done the same day when they got the documents. But they had to wait for the appraiser to get out there and give them the value on the house. Everything was fine on my end though. I sent the rep all my paperwork online, except for the originals, and when I called them, he talked to me if I had a question. If I had to call and he didn't answer, I just emailed him and he got back to me right away. I felt very comfortable working with them.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I wanted to buy a house an the agent suggested 21st Mortgage to me so I went with them. Their application process took about six weeks which wasn't too bad. I worked with Ryan but he never called me. There could have been more communication.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I moved back to Bakersfield from Texas and I didn’t want to rent an apartment, so I was looking for a place. I saw this manufactured home and 21st Mortgage Corporation was the only one who was on financing homes. The application process was good, but there was a bit of mix up on one end because we had found a place and the realtor put it down there, but that was not the place we were gonna get. She wanted to put it down for a price, so we got that mobile home. Then, when we found the one we wanted, it was a bit of a hassle. That experience was a little screwy.

The application and underwriting process took about a month and a half though would have been nicer if it was faster. Also, the papers were done through email, I’m not used to getting emails but rather I’m used to going into a place and getting all the papers. Furthermore, I wish 21st's interest rate was lower. The loan officer said manufactured homes go on a higher interest, so our house is worth a house. Our rate is 9% and he couldn’t get it any cheaper. Nevertheless, the process was okay. The reps that I talk to are friendly and nice. When I had a question, I called and they got back to me right away.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Very smooth process. Caring customer care that go above and beyond. Emails are answered quickly. My realtor really enjoyed working with Joe ** and so did I. The turnaround time and doing paperwork online rather than in an office was a major plus.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We were buying a home for my mother which could not be financed through standard routes because it is a manufactured home. Also, it's in a retirement community and she did not own the property that the home is located on. 21st Mortgage was the one of the only banks in the country that would finance such a loan. I and my husband have bought five houses throughout our career together and this was the worst experience that I've ever had. I got a packet of information that was supposed to go to the seller and that ended up delaying our closing for over a week because the seller never got it. The rep sent it to my attorney and I don't know why she did that.

When I contacted the rep, she had a general extension and it went around the hold time for five minutes and then I went back to a mailbox. I had to press zero at one point as I got down to the wire because I needed to speak to someone regarding the information. I got routed to a person that had to pull up the file but she ended up not giving me accurate information.

We had a closing but 21st didn't have an attorney present and it was all done from a separate location. The documents were initially emailed and I sent them back. The rep said that some of the documents had the margins off so she had to FedEx the package. But she didn't FedEx it in the first place so I was wondering why email it if they're not gonna take it back as a fax.

Also, there were varying levels of communication. There were times when I thought that everything was where it should be. But the positive information that the rep had given me did not reflect that we were ready to move forward in the process of buying the home. We had to go back and forth quite a bit and it took a couple of months.

The whole thing could be improved upon and 21st could draw in some of the established banks' best practices and streamline their process. There wasn't anything that impressed me and if I could go back, I would take out a personal loan, buy the house and never do a mortgage. It was apparent to us that there was something that that wasn't working efficiently on the bank side and I would not recommend or ever consider them again.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My experience with 21st Mortgage was just excellent. Andy ** helped me understand the process each step of the way. Stephanie ** and Customer Service took care of the due date change promptly. Thank you for financing my new home!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I went through a divorce and my ex-wife’s name was on my loan. I had to get it out of her name and just solely in mine. It was hard to find a mobile home company that finances mobile homes without a property attached to it and Florida only has two companies that do - 21st Mortgage and another company. Going through 21st Mortgage's loan process was a good experience. The lady who helped me helped out a whole lot and answered all my questions. She did a fabulous job. Every time that I had a question, I’d email her. She either responded right then and there or if it was close to quitting time, she would let me know what was going on the next day. She'd let me know what parts I still lack, what information they needed and anything that would help get it all squared away to where they wouldn’t see a loophole. She gave me feedback and if I didn’t understand it, I’d email her again and she’d rephrase it.

The process took about a month. I had to track down stuff and there was so much legwork that I had to physically do, but transitioning through things was smooth. I worried about doing things online. I didn't have to physically be there to talk and sign papers. They printed the papers that I had to sign and they were supposed to FedEx it to my house, but FedEx messed up. The papers didn’t get it to my house sometimes, so 21st Mortgage had to fax all the paperwork. That was only the glitch because it was a time-sensitive thing.

Now, I made my first payment and I’ve gotta let it sit up. I’ve gotta change the payments taken out of one of my accounts into another account. It just takes longer online to get the money withdrawal. But the lady in charge of the account helped me out on that part and everything has been going well. I would highly recommend 21st Mortgage for the promptness and getting in touch with you. Even if you’re not responding to them, they will try to reach out to you.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

It took 21st Mortgage Corporation forever to get things done. I’ve got a lot of mortgages 'cause I own about 11 homes and it took me three months to get a simple loan approved when it should’ve been four weeks. Every piece of paper took days. Their rate seems pretty steep too, but I didn’t have a choice. They were the only one in the country that would give me a loan on a trailer. I haven’t received my payment book in the mail yet either. I went on a payment booklet and they said it would be in the mail by the 1st of October and I haven’t seen anything yet. And my payment is due in about another week. But I’m not worried. I can always go online and make the payment. Everything was great with the representative. Drew, the loan officer was good and very informative. The application process was fine as well.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I wanted to buy a house so I looked into getting a mortgage. 21st Mortgage was able to give me 5% down with the choices that I had while the other places were 10% no matter what. I went with them and the mortgage process went well. I had a top of the line loan officer and I was very comfortable working with him. I talked to him about how long the application and underwriting process usually takes because I was trying to move out of my apartment and move in about the same time without having too much of an overlap or not having a place to live. It took a month and a half from the time I turned the application in until I got the mortgage. Nevertheless, 21st got my loan and I was happy with it.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I needed a loan and I was buying a manufactured home at the time, so the loans were a little harder to get. I also had some problem with my lender on the type of home that I bought. I was in a pinch, so I called 21st Mortgage. The seller had a loan through them and they were able to loan on that property so, I went through the process with 21st. From the very beginning, I told the loan officer that my current home was not gonna close and that there was no way it was gonna be sold prior to the home that I was buying. I told her I would need a bridge loan and she said that was not a problem. However, the communication was terrible.

My real estate agent and I were calling the loan officer and she wouldn’t respond to calls and emails in a timely manner. After a while, she told us she had been sick but is no one covering her stuff? Then, she emailed me the stupid loan checklist but she did not explain what it was that I needed to do. I found the list very confusing and I emailed her but she never responded. I travel across the country and she would tell me that she needed this and that. Yet she didn’t follow up to get documents that I didn’t know if she needed. And a day before I was supposed to close, she told me I was gonna have to pay off my car.

I have pretty good credit and I’ve already bought a home that cost considerably more than the home that I’m buying now. I have a stable job with the federal government and I sent 21st Mortgage proof of my income. Yet 21st Mortgage still wanted 20,000 different documents. Even though I gave them W2s and statements, they still had to have a letter from my employer saying that I work there. It was just nonsense and a pain. Their process was absolutely insane. I could see it if I had bad credit or if I have a sketchy history, but I’ve been an employer for 10 years. Then at the last minute, they said I needed a check. I don’t use checks and she said I had to order one. It was the most frustrating process I’ve ever endured in my life and the loan officer wasn’t any help.

There were also a few times where the loan officer was communicating with the sellers even though they were not the ones getting a loan. I had the property appraised as it was part of the loan, and she told the seller that the appraisal came back even before she called me or my real estate agent. I thought that was really inappropriate because then, the sellers were calling us asking what it was appraised for, and we had to tell them that it was none of their business. Moreover, she kept wanting me to send her sensitive documents although 21st Mortgage doesn’t have a secure upload link. It’s pretty important because now, when my bank account information gets compromised, it’s gonna be a big issue. Thankfully, when I'm at work, I have access to be able to encrypt documents, but I can imagine how many people don’t or how many people don’t know to do that.

I think there are only three companies that do loans on mobile homes and manufactured homes, and 21st Mortgage is one of them. But if I could refinance or go with another company, I absolutely would. I would never go with 21st Mortgage ever again but I don't have much of a choice and that’s terrible. I feel, however, that they know that and so, they just don’t care about customer service.

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information