4.20/5
Based on 308 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

21st Mortgage Corporation is a full-service, independent agency offering a large range of insurance products and specialize in mortgages for manufactured and prefabricated homes. When you contact 21st Mortgage Corporation, you can rest assured that our knowledgeable staff will educate you and ultimately assist you in finding the option that best suits your needs.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 2, 2018

598 21st Mortgage Corporation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 2, 2018

When my house was marked down to the ground, I looked for a mortgage and I got a regular one from 21st Mortgage. It was our first time and I gave them a $10,000 down. The people I bought the house from were already using them and the application process was okay. It was the way I expected it. The whole process took a couple of weeks but sometimes, it was on us getting certain things so it was not bad. Everything in the process was fine and smooth. I had a good interaction with Scott, the loan officer, who did what he said he was gonna do. He seems like a busy person but he called me back and did his job. I was comfortable working with them and I'm happy with the experience.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I bought a piece of property and my first home. The mobile home place I went to is partnered with 21st Mortgage, so they got me hooked up. I've been going through 21st Mortgage since September and everything's been cool so far. Everybody I've talked to is friendly. Sometimes I forget to pay the day I'm supposed to pay because I get so busy, and they'll call me and remind me. That helps out and they've never given me a hard time about it. The reps also gave me time for everything. The application and underwriting process took about three weeks, and I got pre-approved lots of times during the process. It could have been a month before I finally got approved, but I had to do a couple of things too, like pay off a couple of credit card bills.

The only thing I didn’t like about my experience was that I was supposed to get in my home a lot sooner, and they started charging me my mortgage a little early because I got my home. Then they wanted my mortgage payment 15 days later and I thought I was gonna have a month. Other than that, everything's been awesome. I understand that sometimes they gotta go by the delivery date of the home, which is from the date you get set up to the time of the contract you're supposed to do it. I've already recommended 21st Mortgage.

Original review: April 29, 2018

21st Mortgage is very amazing. Sometimes I miss the payment as far as trying to do it online so I get stressed, but they were always there to help out. They are outstanding as far as being flexible and generous. The customer service always listens to people’s concerns and see how is it that they could find a solution to every issue. The loan officer kept saying that whenever I’m ready, they could take the available payment, which was just a check. I told him that I was ready and that I had to watch for the routing number. They said that they were gonna send me a letter saying that I would make the payment on this day and this amount, which is where our due date is on this day with this amount. They also told me how much was our remaining balance and gave me the confirmation number to keep it as a record. The contract is everything positive. So, I tell others about 21st Mortgage and if they they have something different then I'd tell them to switch.

Original review: April 28, 2018

21st Mortgage Corporation is wonderful but the reps really messed this up bad. We tried to ask a lot of questions and we tried to be as clear and precise on what we were asking. We even wrote everything down so we thought we got solid answers. But as it got towards the end, we found out that we were misled on some of their answers. The rep got upset with us and it was very intimidating. However, we were in such a situation that we had to continue on and follow through with what had to be done. It was very emotionally upsetting that we were misled and it didn't help us out in the long run but it was finished. We were done and that was the way it is. It was very difficult because it was a big financial decision. We had not made the decision earlier in our lives so we had to do this and we’re in our early 70’s.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I decided to go back into the homeownership market and 21st Mortgage was one of the few companies that work with manufactured homes in the state of Florida. The application process was very streamlined which I appreciated. They just needed basic information from me, from the sellers and about the home. They also pulled a background and credit check. Time was of the essence in the situation and if I had questions, they were quick to get back to me with answers. It was relatively a very simple process, which was nice. It was done in a matter of two and a half weeks. It's a bit different from buying a manufactured home and buying a brick and mortar, which were all my prior experiences.

Also, I'm very happy with the way the lending process went. My loan officer was Karen and I was impressed with her responsiveness. When she was out of the office, she put an out-of-the-office message. She was very professional and I had a great experience with her. It was very comfortable working with the team at 21st Mortgage. Working with them in closing my loan was very smooth. They made the appointment with the sellers to walk through the home. 21st Mortgage took the pictures and shared all the information with me. Once they did their walkthrough, get their appraisal, get everything done and once my financing was approved, it was done. They sent a check to the sellers and sent me the registration packs. I would recommend 21st Mortgage to other people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 21st Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: April 26, 2018

The person from 21st Mortgage took care of me and explained everything to me. He was very professional and he helped me well. The application process took two months and it was fine. I had a very nice experience and I'm very satisfied. 21st Mortgage is a very professional agency and I would fully recommend it.

Original review: April 25, 2018

We bought a land with a home on it and 21st Mortgage Corporation was the only one who would finance the home. All the other companies were too high in their rates. Ryan, the person who helped me, was very nice and helpful. Plus, the application process was good.

Original review: April 24, 2018

We were looking into getting a house and we reached out to 21st Mortgage as per the suggestion of our realtor. Our interactions with the loan officer were professional. Our questions were answered and we got help filling out the paperwork the way we needed to. The application went well and the paperwork and all the underwriting was done in 45 days, which was quick. It was a good experience. I just wish we would have dealt with them more directly because there were the realtor and the management of the park and it got a little bit confusing.

Original review: April 23, 2018

We were buying a mobile home and 21st Mortgage was recommended by the dealership. The reps were very friendly and helpful. However, I got the mortgage agreement and then things changed a little bit and then we got another mortgage agreement. It got confusing because they kept sending us another paper and it was the same thing, sometimes a little different.

The process also involved a lot of waiting and hoping that we got it, but the people at the mobile home center did all the work and I just had to contact 21st to get some facts straight and everything went well. The application and underwriting process took about a month and a half, which was a little longer than I thought it was going to be, but in the end, it all worked out. Also, if I had to call up and talk to them, which I did a few times, they were very good and explained everything. I had a positive experience and would tell friends that 21st Mortgage is a good company and I see no reason why they shouldn't go with them.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Very friendly, courteous and professional. Answered and explained all questions and forms completely in laymen's terms. Did not rush the process and was very patient with first time buyers. We were very pleased with all aspects of our interaction with 21st Century Mortgage.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I bought a new place and 21st Mortgage gave me the best interest that they could get me. Everybody walked me through everything pretty well. I talked to the loan officer twice and he seemed to be very helpful over the phone. Nothing was done in person although I'd like to do things in person.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Some people I know use 21st Mortgage Corporation for their home equity. I purchased a new home so I got their conventional loan program. However, I had to chase them down to get information. It's almost like I had to do everything. I also got all the paperwork for them. I don't even really know what they did versus what they were supposed to do. I also got this outrageously high interest rate.

The overabundance of time that this took to sign on this house, all of the hold was on my lender. I had to postpone closing twice by about 45 days. I didn’t know that I had an approved loan from 21st Mortgage until four days before my closing. Also, they kept on calling over and over literally. They need to improve on communication. My interactions with the loan officer were okay but those with the guy who covered for him when he was on vacation was not so much. He was rude and I was even ready to not buy the house. I wouldn’t' use them again and once I've owned this long enough to refinance somewhere else, I will definitely. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone else either.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I’m a real estate agent and I’m using 21st Mortgage for the loan. Their process was good, which took a few days from application to underwriting and they were on time. Everybody’s cool. They answered all my questions and they replied to me really fast. I’m very satisfied and I'd recommend them.

Original review: April 18, 2018

My husband was shopping around for mortgages for mobile homes and we found 21st Mortgage. The previous owner told us about it because he had his loan there. We contacted 21st and filled out an application online. And then, they contacted us. The process took over 30 days. The only thing was I wish there was a better communication because it was us trying to contact them to get us going. They were pretty good about returning calls but it took a little while and then we had to call and ask about the process and what was going on. It wasn’t really terrible though. That aside, the loan officer was very pleasant the times that we talked to him. He also tried to answer our questions and helped us.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I looked into getting a mortgage for a new home purchase and I chose 21st Mortgage as my lender. My parents recently bought a house and they used the financing services of 21st Mortgage and this lending provider was pretty much the only option that I had. The rep, Justin, was excellent, very pleasant, and easy to deal with. I’m up here in Michigan and his offices were in Tennessee. The loan process was all done through email and over the phone and it was very user-friendly. Everything was good with 21st Mortgage and I would recommend them.

Original review: April 16, 2018

My Realtor suggested 21st Mortgage Corporation. Their application process was straightforward, easy to use. The whole process seemed quick. We had tried one other place beforehand and this one is a lot quicker. The loan officer was great, very polite, very informative, helpful and very responsive to questions. I was very impressed.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We were new to the mobile home thing and we had asked several places and several people that we talked to said that 21st Mortgage Corporation is the best. So, we decided to apply and their application process was good. I really appreciated everything that 21st did. The application process was fast and the person that we worked with was fabulous. We had a great experience. However, everything on the seller's end was really slow. We actually rent out of our initial 60-day pre-approval and had to apply again.

So, the whole process ended up taking more than two months but 21st had it done in days. 21st was just waiting on the title and waiting on a lot of things from the seller. The loan officer was really wonderful and helpful. He really helped us out, constantly letting me call him anytime and worked through all the issues that we had. We ended up getting another mortgage rate than we would have if we'd gone with any of the other lenders that were offering so I was grateful for that. We really appreciate it. Our experience has been great, overall.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I was buying a mobile home and I needed to find a lender to finance it, but not all banks and loan companies finance mobile homes. 21st Mortgage worked with me the best, so I chose them. The process of getting the mortgage set up consisted of finding a home, then finding the funding and get it approved. I found 21st Mortgage and their reps were responsible and respectful. We finally completed the process and it took several months. I would definitely tell my friends to use 21st Mortgage. Even the property manager here at the mobile home park wrote their number down and spoke with them several times, and she said that she would refer 21st Mortgage to people if they needed financing.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I bought a home and I needed somebody to finance it, so I looked into a mortgage. But it was a mobile home and there aren’t that many companies financing that. The realtor suggested a person, then that person suggested 21st Mortgage. The whole process of setting the mortgage up, from my saying that I would buy the home until we signed the papers, was done in five weeks. The realtor said that it would take six weeks, but it was completed sooner. The loan officer that I worked with was really nice and her service was excellent. She explained everything and went through each page, and she told us what we were signing. 21st Mortgage did a great job and the people there were really nice to me. If I had any questions, all I had to do was ask and somebody was there to tell me the answer. Everything was addressed right up front. 21st Mortgage treated me fairly and I enjoyed working with them.

Original review: April 8, 2018

We bought a modular home for our trainer in our cattle/horse farm and 21st Mortgage Corporation was the one that the modular home people were working with. At first, the mobile home company told me I only needed 15% but with all the dealings I had done, I knew that I needed 25% so then I had to write them two checks. With 21st, we had good intentions of making it an automatic payment but we never got it set up. Between my wife and I, we weren’t making the deadline and I kept getting called and I told their rep that I would get it out. He was very aggressive and I finally asked if he treated everybody that way. That was when I decided that I would just pay it off. I wanted the interest but the conversation that we had was a little too much for me.

I'm sure 21st is a good company and I was satisfied with the arrangement. But there was the one manager that happened to come on the phone after I talked to whoever was taking care of the account and that was not a good conversation. He told me, “You've never made a payment on time yet. Why do you think I'm gonna buy the fact that you're gonna pay this loan off.” That was a little too hard-charging for me. I got pretty good credits so I don't know why they were constantly calling. I asked them to give me the balance and I sent the check out within the next three days.

Original review: April 7, 2018

There were not too many people that finance manufactured homes. 21st Mortgage has a great system where if someone’s credit rating is questionable, they give them a chance. They had different tiers of qualifications. And in doing my research, talking to people who were involved in the manufactured home industry, 21st carried a well-known reputation. They asked me for a lot of documentation for my loan and a lot for verification, too. But most mortgage companies do that no matter what the circumstance. My rep was very professional and he didn't deviate, not even for one thing. If a name was misspelled or a letter was wrong in that name, he redid the document. There were times that it was very difficult to get a hold of him because he was always on calls, but he always called me back.

But I don't like their collection process. They were a little bit too rigid in the way that they dealt with their customers. I had an unfortunate circumstance when I got my mortgage. On my second payment, I couldn’t use my checking account anymore because I had a fraud alert on it, but the notice came back as NSS to them when they attempted to take the funds. I tried to explain to them over the phone I had a fraud alert and they told me that because it came back NSS and they didn’t know any different, they had to take me off of automatic draft and for me to pay them then. I couldn’t use the phone system either. I had to send the money by Walmart which cost an additional $13.

I tried to explain to them and they told me to give them a letter from the bank saying it wasn’t my fault. And I did that even though I thought it was ridiculous because I was the customer and I was telling them what happened. I sent them a copy of the letter and they still didn’t restore me. I ended up paying the next four months through Walmart and paying the additional $13.

Finally, they looked at it and they said I could start paying by phone so I didn’t have to have the fee. But they were not going to send me up on an automatic draft until I was current for six months. In other words, every payment for six months was on a dated due and they didn’t even have grace periods that day. When I call and talk to them about making the payment, they tell me to hold on and they get a supervisor on the line to hear what I have to say. I don’t think they realized how time-consuming all of that was. And with my busy schedule, all I wanted to do was make my payment. If I was no longer qualified for automatic pay, they should have let me do the payment over the phone off of my debit card or off of my other checking account, but they didn’t do any of that.

I live in a manufactured home now and the next home that I'm gonna end up purchasing would probably be my mom’s home and she lives in a very upscale community that are manufactured homes. I was gonna go through 21st Century for that transaction as well. I feel like they are the right ones for the job. They may be way too rigid, but that may very well be because of the type of clientele that they have. A lot of people who live in manufactured homes may have questionable past or questionable finances. And that sounds a little stereotypical, but unfortunately, I think it's true.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I looked into getting a mortgage for a new home purchase and I went through 21st Mortgage with the realtor. The lending process went well and the application process was easy and good. The application and underwriting process wasn't long and took an hour or two. Also, the loan officer was excellent. I’d definitely send friends their way.

Original review: April 5, 2018

It actually went very well and once I got in the total realm of wanting to get this done, it went fast! I am just glad it's over and I am sure Mr and Mrs ** are as well. Brandon helped me get this started due to this same company was the one that helped him purchase this same house.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Tyler ** did a really good job. The Underwriters said no Tyler made it work so I just want to say a big thank you and hello to Tyler ** as my first payment was paid through my checking account. I have a home loan because of Tyler.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Last fall, I looked into a mortgage because I had to move and I found a mobile home that I wanted to buy. Originally, I went to a bank but they were not interested in loaning for a mobile home. And when I talked to the place where I wanted to buy the mobile home which was an existing home in a trailer park, the park manager there gave me the name of 21st Mortgage because he had dealt with them before and he said they're mobile home lenders.

I went to 21st Mortgage's website and I just had to put in the mobile home, how many bedrooms and what the active price was and how much I made and assets. One of their people called me. His name was Adam and he took over from there and helped me fill out the paperwork. Adam responded quickly to my emails within a few hours. I had a problem after I already had the trailer. They took out one of my payments at the wrong time and he responded right away and got me in touch with the people to help me fix that. He was on the ball and he didn't seem to drag it out.

They mailed me some stuff and they did an inspection of the mobile home. They had a guy come and inspect everything about it, like the furnace and water heater, that it was in good shape and in a good roof. They gave it a rating and once all that got approved and I got my downpayment together, they approved it. The application and underwriting process took about a month. They sent all the paperwork to me. They didn't pay for it, but they chose the inspector and he called me. They gave me the name of the guy and then I called him myself and we set up the time and he did it. The mobile home park manager paid him and then I paid the manager. Then, 21st helped with all the paperwork and taking out the direct deposit and covering insurance for the trailer.

21st Mortgage could have been more clear when they said I could take the money out twice a month and that would save me a lot of interest. I was under the impression I could choose the dates that they took the payments. It's just every two weeks regardless of the dates and it messed me up a little bit. But that may have been the trailer manager's fault more than Adam's. Other than that, it was a positive experience. I don't have great credit and I couldn't get a loan anywhere else. 21st treated me well.

Original review: April 2, 2018

We were looking to buy a house and there were only a few companies that would do modular homes so we decided to go with 21st Mortgage Corporation. We had to fill out lots of paperwork to make sure we qualified. Our modular home is in a mobile home park so we had to get qualified through the park and I had to know if we could make the mortgage payment and the lot rent and all of that. All of that was fine. It took longer than what I would have liked, but I totally get it. It doesn't happen overnight so we had to send paperwork here and there and do different stuff. It wasn’t easy and they had to make sure that we qualify and everybody got their ducks in a row. The application to the underwriting process took about a month.

There was one guy during the lending process that I didn't really like. He was our loan officer and he was really rude and he wouldn't return our emails or our phone calls. If we needed some tax information, I don't contact him. I contact just the regular customer service line because we didn't really get along. We were stuck with him, but it was just one of those things that we had to go through the motions and didn't want to cause a big fuss because we needed to move and do that. But other than that, if the phone calls and the emails were returned right away, that would have made it a bit faster.

The process went fine, except for a few times that we had a question or they needed paperwork and we didn't know which paperwork that they needed, and we couldn't get ahold of anybody until the next day. Overall, our experience with 21st Mortgage Corporation was fine, although we had some extra steps that we had to take. We like the end result and we love where we live.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I needed to consolidate a debt and I own a manufactured home on leased land but there were very few companies that would lend on that type of property. But with 21st Mortgage, I had an easy time with their application process. That process and the underwriting took about 30 days. I had a nice young man for my loan officer who was very courteous, answered my questions and provided what I needed to do. It came piecemeal though.

21st also wanted everything but my blood type and they were in a hurry. They wanted the project then. And I had a little bit of a problem with their customer service as I didn't feel like they were communicating properly because they would ask for this and then they'd come back and ask for that. Each time, I was like, "Tell me what you need." For people in my situation with a leased land, I would recommend 21st Mortgage. But for anyone with a regular home, I would not.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I was living at a rental home and the landlord was abusive for 10 years. The place wouldn't provide habitability, I couldn't sleep in the bedroom where I had mold, and I had no heat at all for 10 years. I couldn't take it anymore because I'm 76 years old now, so I sued them and that gave me enough money for a down payment. Also, I put in extra money after living for 10 years on my social security and didn't use any credit. So, I decided to look into getting a mortgage. I was trying to buy a mobile home in a park on leased land and that's what 21st Mortgage do so I went with them.

Initially, I went on the internet and asked which lenders would provide a mortgage on a mobile home on leased land in a senior park. There were two that came up and 21st Mortgage was one of them. When I called, they ran my credit and told me that they couldn't do it because I didn't have any credit. I told them that I thought that would be better than bad credit because no credit meant I didn't owe any money to anybody. They wanted a payment record and I asked if I could give 10 years of paying my rent early every month. But they said that wouldn't work.

I also told them that I had to wait until I got the settlement for the lawsuit I filed before I could give them the down payment. It took longer than expected but one day when I was talking to Jonathan, the rep at 21st Mortgage who did my loan, he told me that if I could come up with 35% down instead of the usual 10% then they could do it. So that's what I did and I ended up getting a personal loan from them. Once I got the money in my hand, it only took a month and a half to complete the whole process.

Jonathan did everything he could possibly do to help me. He was very polite and very patient. He realized my age and that I'm very hard of hearing, so it was difficult to have the conversations we needed to have. I provided all the information, made copies of everything, and sent them to him. We did a lot of it by internet and he was willing to repeat things five times if I couldn't hear him. He was really a good person to do business with.

Other than that, I still think that a 10 year history of paying my rent early and I could prove it, should have been good enough to qualify me for the loan. However, no lenders work that way and they want to see a credit history. I don't agree with that and I think it's a stupid way to do business but I understand it. I also thought 35% down was a lot but when you do a personal loan for a mobile home, they're always a lot higher. So, I'm paying almost 12% interest and now, I have a mortgage and site rental. I have to pay for the land that I’m renting but that is better than living when there are abusive landlords. I would recommend 21st Mortgage.

Original review: March 23, 2018

We purchased a new home and 21st Mortgage was the only one that would finance a used trailer. But it took a while to get approval. They are from Tennessee and we are from Louisiana so there was a matter of sending things back and forth like faxing, mailing and e-mailing. Overall, with the application and underwriting, the process took four months. We worked with a guy for the loan but we had to switch to another guy and that was a headache. But other than that, everything was fine with them. I’m happy that 21st gave us a loan.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I wanted to purchase someplace and I found a used home that I liked so I looked into a mortgage. The people I've seen with a local mobile home lot work with 21st Mortgage and the person that I was buying the home from recommended the company. That was the first home I bought and getting the mortgage was a bit of a mess. They had me provide proof of income, where the money came from, the payment down, my driver's license, my Social Security card, and a couple of years of W2. The application and underwriting process took five weeks. John from 21st was contacting me and then an underwriter was also sending me stuff. It was confusing.

When I could get John on the phone, I felt very comfortable. He was very good at explaining things to me and I was confused often so he did that often. But I also got put on hold for 15 or 20 minutes and then disconnected, not called back and I got his voicemail. Things like that were frustrating and that's when I questioned it. It would have helped a lot if he had an assistant or an intermediate person who could be reached. There could be an operator that could answer simple questions then expedite the call for deeper questions that were specific to me.

Every time they needed something, they wouldn’t say that what we had was not going to work. I would get a checklist and I would have to call the person at 21st because he was not the one who sent the checklist and then ask what's going on. On top of that, when I sent 21st Mortgage the money to close, they said there was another 1% tax that was due in that area, so I had to send them more money and they had to redo everything. And when I went to get my sticker and my title, it was incorrect and it held up everything. They gave me a refund but that was a frustrating part. It would have been better if I was talking to one person and not two or three. It was great that the checklist was sent to John but more understanding of that paper that I got would be good. The process wasn't mainstreamed. Nevertheless, in the end, I was able to complete the process and 21st Mortgage approved me right away.

21st Mortgage Corporation Company Information