Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.58/5

UPPAbaby Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPPAbaby?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPPAbaby?

Original review: June 4, 2020

Our family of three adult daughters all use the The Uppababy Cruz, Vista and G strollers (travel) beginning in 2011 when our first grandchild was born. They are made in the USA, come with multiple components, and are easy to use and store. They compare favorably in price and quality to many luxury and European brands and we see them everywhere. I’m very surprised you didn’t list them among your brand names.

Original review: May 28, 2020

Lightweight, easy to fold, tons of cargo space, quality wheels. The car seat snaps in and out with one button click. We wouldn’t trade it for any other. This stroller is the absolute best decision we made.

Get buying tips about Strollers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

We decided to buy several UPPAbaby products (including the MESA car seat and the Cruz Stroller) because we had read about the outstanding quality of the UPPAbaby products, but also about the exceptional customer service of the company. I recently had a small issue with my MESA car seat (the car seat handle got locked in the upright position) while I was traveling and I contacted UPPAbaby customer care. They did not ask any questions and sent me a brand new MESA car seat and even told me that I could keep the extra car seat base. I was so impressed with the easiness of the experience. It just made me an even bigger fan of the company. I am a customer for life. I could not give a stronger recommendation for the company.

Original review: June 5, 2020

We were gifted the UPPA Vista stroller as a baby shower gift. It worked great for one child but as soon as the second child arrived - it was a puzzle to figure out all the conversion add ons I needed to purchase. The second child seat was expensive and tricky because they don’t tell you that you need to ALSO purchase extra conversion pieces for the main seat to even fit the lower second seat. Another thing I didn’t like was the smaller lower second seat was in front farthest away from the adult and the larger weighted (oldest child) seat was up top facing the adult. Our stroller lasted 4years before the main welded cross bar detached - which renders it completely unusable. It makes you wonder if that’s why the extended warranty is only up to 3years. This company is overpriced and there’s soo many add ons you need to purchase that are also overpriced.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I have a 2011 UPPAbaby Vista that has suffered catastrophic failure where the crossbar is welded to the frame. Because of the break, the stroller lurched to the side abruptly. Thankfully, my toddler was strapped in securely. Despite the strollers age, I've used fit or no more than four years between two kids, with an umbrella stroller mixed in as well. I reached out to UPPAbaby for assistance and they offered a 20% discount on a new frame since the stroller is out of warranty. However, a quick search online and on Twitter will show that this is a known issue with these strollers. There's even a video of a poor dad teaching others how to fix the break with a rod and bolts. I would not expect this from a company that professes to make high-quality products for babies and young children.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I purchased an expensive stroller add-on for a baby shower gift. The cardboard package was left without any plastic cover on my doorstep on a day when it rained 3 inches. I contacted the company to see if they could replace the damaged packaging or if they could ship a new item and take this soggy one back. I was told to let it dry out of the box. They then said I could get a replacement, but they would not cover either the replacement shipping or my return shipping, so I would have had to pay shipping 3 times if I wanted a presentable gift package! Very disappointed at their lack of concern.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

We purchased a Vista Pushchair in 2014 and within 4 years the handle has literally fallen apart. The steel inside has snapped in two places and the plastic pieces have snapped. Rendering the pushchair unsafe. When we contacted Uppababy, because it's not in warranty, they want to charge us for a new handlebar. Given we spent so much on this pram and it is only 4 years old, we are very disappointed in their lack of commitment to their products and customers. Just another company out to get as much money as they can, caring little for those who purchase from them. Serious design flaws and poor customer service!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

The extension canopy fabric tears out after 6 months of use and it's not covered under warranty for repair. I don't understand why such fragile fabric is used for the canopy. It's a such expensive pram. Not worthy the money. The customer service insist the canopy extension is made of extremely good quality fabric and damage is made by me. My suggestion to whoever is considering buy this pram to review the canopy extension fabric yourself and compare with other good brands like Bugaboo. I definitely will not consider the UPPAbaby one as extremely good fabric. The canopy extension is useless under windy condition and not long enough for sunny days. It also take up a lot of space in the car.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Oct 2018. My UPPAbaby Vista in 'Henry' while a beautiful pushchair to look at came with serious defects. The break suddenly stopped working on our third outing with my newborn which was worrying to say the least, but then I also had my 20 month old in the toddler seat and she managed to break a tiny piece of plastic used to make the straps longer/shorter and proceeded to scratch herself on it making her cry out. I was furious to find that this seat designed for an infant of her age had broken so easily and become unsafe and unusable for both of my children. I have spoken to customer services and haven't received an apology or any indication of concern for a potential fault in manufacturing.

The pushchair is under warranty so they have agreed to fix the breaks but feel no obligation to fix the toddler seat. I was also promised a replacement pushchair while the locking system on the breaks is fixed which I've been told will take 7-10 days. However, this did not happen and no replacement has been issued to me. I'm very saddened and also just plain angry to have spent hundreds of pounds on a pushchair I can't use.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I purchased a $900 Vista a few years ago, hardly used, the stitching under the seat ripped open so I contacted UPPAbaby, provided them with serial number and all for proof of purchase. They wouldn’t replace the seat but they told me to purchase a spare seat which is $65. I purchased a $900 scroller from the company and they won’t even replace a seat for you. They want you to buy and pay for the part. Horrible company! $900 scroller that’s cheaply made. Very sad and upsetting. Hope you change your mind about making a huge investment in these scrollers, waste of money, nothing special about it. If you do decide to buy one I wish you the best of luck.

UPPAbaby author review by ConsumerAffairs

Run by two parents who use their first-hand experience with strollers and baby gear as inspiration for their products, UPPA Baby is an American company that offers parents several stroller options for babies and toddlers.

• Infant specific strollers: UPPA Baby’s MESA stroller is designed for infants weighing 4-35 pounds and measuring up to 32 inches. These strollers feature the SmartSecure System, which includes a visual red to green indicator to alert parents when their child is safely strapped in and when they need to be adjusted.

• Adjustable handle: Some of UPPA Baby’s strollers include a telescoping handlebar, which adjusts to meet the height of individual drivers. This is ideal for instances when multiple caregivers plan to use the stroller frequently.

• Options for multiples: Several of UPPA Baby’s strollers have an option for multiples. The Vista, for instance, has options for several combinations: baby/toddler, toddler/toddler, twin babies and three children. The G-Link has flexible options for two children of varying ages/sizes.

• Adjustable strollers: The Cruz stroller easily adjusts and grows with your child, adapting from newborn to toddler with ease.

• Safety notices: Stay up to date on the latest safety notices, recalls and warnings on your UPPA Baby stroller by visiting the Safety Notice section of the company’s website. Request a replacement or new part as needed to address the recall or safety notice straight from UPPA’s website.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team