4.55/5
Based on 11 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

11 Summer Infant Baby Monitors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 14, 2018

A family member had this monitor for her child and recommended it. Moreover, I have other items made by this brand that I like. This monitor was available where I was shopping and was in my budget. It also had all the features that I was looking for. It's easy to install, picks up sounds well. The portion that is mounted to the wall is easy to put up and take down. The buttons on the monitor are clear and large and easy to read. My favorite feature is that it has a video camera so I can always see what my baby is up to. The screen is large and easy to see and it has night vision to make baby more visible. However, the monitor is large and is not easily portable. I wish the cable for the monitor was also longer. It is also only plug in so I can't unplug it to take it to another room for a moment. The directions were also a little hard to understand when it came to syncing the monitor with the camera. But I would purchase this again.

Original review: March 13, 2018

We originally registered for a Summer Infant Baby Monitor because it was an affordable option. We were happy to receive it as a gift, and are happy that it has continued to be used for over four years now. I like its blue glow for easy viewing at dark. It is simple and easy to use. Its compact design makes it easy to take for travel, and it charges quickly. I also like that it has two carriers that one of the parents is always alerted of any problems. But this baby monitor does not reset itself after a power outage. The base beeps letting you know that it is off. And this is disturbing in the middle of the night when you might not be aware of a power outage.

Get expert buying tips about Baby Monitors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Great quality, video and sound. The baby monitor never glitches or had any creepy things happen that you hear about all the time. Seemed to have good WiFi security. But I would put a better zoom and night vision. There were times I got nervous because I was a new mom and wanted to see my son's chest go up and down to make sure he was still breathing and I couldn't zoom in enough. This would help a lot of moms out there. Or maybe make something that clips onto the babies diaper that tells the monitor they're breathing. Otherwise, it's a great brand for less. I would recommend this brand to all the new moms I know. They have a lot of baby monitors out there but this one was the best quality for the price.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I like being able to see the baby without the baby seeing me. I like being able to do chores without having to constantly check on the sleeping baby and I also like having night vision. However, I would like to have the capability to monitor more than one child at a time. I would also like to be able to purchase additional cameras and be able to move the camera around. Nevertheless, I chose the Summer Infant Baby Monitor because it had good reviews and the price was good. I wanted a video capable monitor that would not cost a fortune. Overall, for the price, it has been very helpful and it was a very good experience.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Summer Infant has positive reviews and is affordable and it helped me choose this brand over others. Overall my experience had been good. It has great volume to wake us up to check on our baby and the brightness of the night vision is good! I like that it has night light, wall mount, and night vision. You can turn the night light on and off from hand-held monitor while the hand-held monitor is wireless. The monitor nor the handheld need to be connected to WiFi. However, I would like for it to have a capability to control camera from the hand-held monitor and better zoom. It could also have a microphone that can be used to talk through for baby to hear your voice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Summer Infant Baby Monitors?

Original review: March 9, 2018

I love the camera and video features of the Summer Infant Baby Monitor. I love the fact that I can watch in on my baby while preparing dinner or cleaning and know that he is secure. It was just the right size, it's portable and great in color. The instructions and set up was easy and understandable. The noise control was perfect itself. The speakers eliminated the background noise so that I can my baby much clearer if needed. However, I suggest that the screen size could be upgraded in size for a larger view of the baby. Other than that, the Summer Infant Baby Monitor gave me some relief and always kept great signal. I chose it overall due to the quality and great reviews on the pr.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I like the LCD screen of the Summer Infant Baby Monitor so I can see my baby and also the good sound quality so I can hear him. It was very reliable and good quality. I like the volume control as well, and easy to use features. This baby monitor always made me feel that my baby was safe and I can check on him anytime I wanted. I like the features and everything about it. I chose the Summer Infant Baby Monitor due to its price, LCD screen, and warranty. It lasted for 4 years without any issues.

Original review: March 6, 2018

The picture was clear, the color was sharp, during the day and night. The design was modern and fit in very well. You can adjust the camera up or down and turn it left or right. Ht, the sound volume was excellent. The distance was great within the distance I needed. However, the unit came in two parts, neither unit was wireless, you had to have a electrical outlet close by. Unit was also very light, so it had to be careful how you place it as it moved very easy. If it was outside, the wind would move it. But, the cost was reasonable. I used it to watch over my mother-in-law who lived next door. I could set it up in any room. It was also small and easy to hide it or place it that it would not interfere.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I liked that the baby monitor had sound and video capabilities, charge the handheld unit, the video worked when the room was dark, and mount the video camera on the wall or place it on a counter or dresser. The video and sound worked through the whole house as well. The main reason I chose this brand over other brands is because it was a brand I had positive experience with before. I wanted a baby monitor that offered sound and video that worked in a dark room. I also wanted a monitor that was wireless and not very expensive. The baby monitor did everything that it advertised and everything I wanted.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I like the camera and TV screen being able to see and hear my babies. The Summer Infant Baby Monitor gives you peace of mind when you hear noises in the middle of the night. It has different channels as well so if you have multiple monitors you don't have to worry about feedback. However, the quality is poor and the screen sometimes isn't clear enough to see the babies. Also the screen being on disables the sound. Which makes it nearly impossible to see and hear the babies at the same time. Nevertheless, I like the Summer Infant Baby Monitor. It has held up well over the years. I have had the monitor for six years now and it still mostly works. Even being gone through 4 children.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

It's a video monitor that is closed circuit with no WiFi. I feel it is safe for my family while allowing me to know my children are safe as well. I like how it scans through each camera periodically so I can hear all my children within a few seconds. But I wish I could see all 3 at the same time while being able to hear all 3 at the same time. I like being able to have them all on the same screen at once but don't like that I can't hear them all at once too. It was one of the least expensive brands, which was helpful. Plus I knew the Summer Infant was a superior brand, and it made me happy to know it was of good quality.

Summer Infant Baby Monitors expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Summer Infant got its start in 1985 when the company introduced the original Bouncy Seat. Today, it markets a wide selection of products, including audio and video baby monitors.

• Video baby monitor options: Summer Infant makes several video baby monitors ranging in price from $80 to $250. It offers high-res LCD color screens and features like one or two cameras, digital touch screens, wide-angle lenses, night-lights, talk-back, digital zoom and adjustable volume and brightness controls.

• Audio baby monitors: Summer Infant’s audio baby monitors cost from $40 to $60 and are a great option if you need a reliable sound feed. You’ll get sound-activated lights, temperature monitoring, night-lights and talk-back features.

• Split-screen features: If you have more than one child or your child moves from room to room, you can install two separate cameras and watch a split-screen feed using the Side by Side 2.0 Split-Screen Video Monitor Set. This monitor costs $250 but will save you from having to purchase and keep track of two separate monitors.

• Product warranty: Your Summer Infant monitor is guaranteed to be free of defects in workmanship or materials for one year from the date of purchase. Be sure to save your receipt and register your product online just in case.

• Monitor Selector Tool: If you need a little help choosing the right monitor, try the Monitor Selector Tool on Summer Infant’s website. Just input the features that you want, like remote camera operation, temperature display, talk-back or large screen, then select how many cameras you want. The tool will show you what options meet your specs.

• Best for: caregivers who want a reliable audio or video monitor with convenient features.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Summer Infant Baby Monitors Company Information

www.summerinfant.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business