4.65/5
Based on 17 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

17 Peg Perego Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 2, 2018

Peg Perego is super safe and effective and very very easy to install especially in my nice car. I have no issues getting my small child in it. After the learning curve of my baby, he loved it as well. My child seemed to mind the padding at first but then he got used to it and he was fine but he is a baby so... and sometimes it's was very big and clunky to carry to school trips and it sucked very much then. Overall though, the seat is truly and super amazing to me and my baby.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Peg Perego was easy to keep clean and has an easy to use base. It's also very nice and well made. It's lightweight and last a long time. Furthermore, other people said it was a safe car seat and it was in my opinion for my granddaughter so I bought it. However, it is very pricey and hard to install. And it was very hard to get out of my car sometimes without help from a friend and it didn't have a lot of room for toys for my granddaughter to play with while riding in my car. Nevertheless, I would consider use this brand again in the future. I really enjoyed having it.

Get expert buying tips about Car Seats delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I like Peg Perego because my baby is comfortable and it’s very affordable, authentic and great, good job. I love all the features and no need to improve anything at all. It’s very easy to use and it’s for everyone like me, I’m excited to buy the latest car seat soon.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I like Peg Perego for the cushion and that it had a anti-rebound bar on the base for extra protection in the event of a front and rear collision. The car seat meet all federal safety and crash testing requirements. The use of it was good. It reclined in a few angles and comfortable for the baby. Taking the car seat in and out of the car got easier and it was easy to use on my trip by plane. Fit the sit well and even fits in the shopping cart at most of the supermarkets. Baby fits in it for some time from 4 to 35 lbs. However, the cushions could not be machine washed and it was hard to wash it by hand. Then there is not much space between the handle and the hood so it uncomfortable to use the car seat with the hood up. But after two year you lose the anti-rebound bar warranty and have to get in touch with Peg Perego for help.

Original review: May 26, 2018

My experience with Peg Perego is positive. It is easy to use. It is very safe. And it breaks into a convertible car seat. Furthermore, it is high quality, lightweight and easy to clean. However, recline feature tough to engage. Straps are hard to tighten.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peg Perego?

Original review: May 25, 2018

I have a Peg Perego rear facing car seat that is lightweight and easy to handle. This car seat was easy to install and easy to take out and put back in the car. The LATCH system is easy to install as well. I especially like the little bubble that shows the weight of the baby. The price is somewhat high but if you consider the quality, I don't feel it is overpriced. But the cushion isn't machine washable. It isn't too bulky to carry it around if needed but when the canopy is fully up, it's somewhat bulky to carry.

Original review: May 24, 2018

My Pre Perego car seat is high quality, safe, and comfortable. My children liked it and it lasted through several of my children. It was also easy to clean and stain resistant which is a must with children. The only thing that I would like to see improved is that the car seat I had did not come with cup holders. I think that having that feature is very important and something most people would want.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Peg Perego had plenty of cushion and it was made with quality parts. It had the adjustable sides to help when baby falls asleep. Overall it looked nice and had pretty designs. This was a long lasting car seat that we carried on a lot of trips and used in our cars and it took a lot of punishments but it served its purpose. The car seat though that we had was a little bit bulky and so when travelling or switching cars, it was a little bit hard to carry from one place to another.

Original review: May 21, 2018

The Peg Perego car seat was designed with many features that I have found useful and it is well made. Generally, it is a well rounded product. Overall, I found the experience to be less stressful than I had first anticipated. It is enjoyable.

Original review: May 20, 2018

The Peg Perego car seat was a great, smooth, and comfortable seat for my baby from the time she was a newborn until she was 18 months old. She was never squeamish or fussy in it. I like that the straps that you pull over the baby's head has extra padded covers over them for a nice comfortable ride. I also like the fabric that the entire car seat is made with. It is soft and comfortable not scratchy or shrinkable after being washed several times. Still like brand new thus making it an awesome hand me down as well. Although, maybe it can be more easily reassembled after being put in the washer and dryer. Also maybe attach simple instructions on how to do so onto the fabric or the actual car seat itself so when re-gifted if the instructions are missing you have basic ones already attached.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Peg Perego keeps child safe while being very useful and not bulky. Very easy to clean and to remove and easily stored. You can even resell values if you keep it clean after for other kids. Additionally, I like that it was very easy to install and not too expensive. I like something very pretty and that matches with my car as well as my kids. While I didn't dislike anything, adding more color and varieties to choose from would be an improvement. Better prices too so they can be very easily bought for kids because it should be about kids not only about making money. Safety is important.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Peg Perego is a really great car seat. It was okay for the price but I just wish it came in different colors for the boys. I feel like the girls have more options than the boys do, which I do not like at all. Also, I wish it would be not as heavy as the other one. And so, it was okay though not very satisfied with my experience.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Peg Perego is the best car seat we have ever owned. This car seat has all of the latest and greatest safety features to ensure our little bundle of joy makes it every where you go safe and sound. It has a really comfortable handle and padded seat. It is very lightweight but secure. Our experience has been wonderful and I am very satisfied with this item. It sets my mind at ease.

Original review: May 14, 2018

This product was wonderful. It made me feel safe with my infant daughter in the car with me. I love the many safety features that this car seat offers and I also appreciate the car that was put into making this car seat. I have no issues with this car seat except it is very pricey especially when you need to get 2 for separate vehicles. Other than that, my daughter always rests so peacefully and comfortably in this seat with which is a huge positive.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Great experience with Peg Perego brand! Love the car seat. Best I've ever used! Lightweight, durability, safeness, removable inserts, can be used with a stroller! Can also be used rear & front facing! Also has added safety features! Side impact tested. Wouldn't use any other car seat! It has too many good features to not like it except the plastic handle. It's not very durable! They do take up room too! Makes it hard with 3 kids in car seats. My daughter is 4 and she loves her car seat. Getting my son one next. Definitely recommend this brand! Well worth the money, your kids will be satisfied too!

Original review: May 12, 2018

I liked that we could buy Peg Perego at our local Toys R Us. I liked that it was easy to install, and could be converted into many different positions in the back seat of our car. It also had the five point safety harness, which is what was suggested to us. I also liked that it was easy to clean after our son threw up in it!! However, it is a more expensive brand to buy on the market. It was also a little difficult to install the first time, we ended up having to roll a beach towel up and place it underneath strategically in order to get it to be parallel with the ground. Safety first though! Other than that, I really liked how it "grew" with my child. He had it as an infant from the day that he came home from the hospital, but then as he grew, we just changed the different positions of the seat so that we did not have to keep buying a new one each time he "graduated" in weight. It is convertible, comfortable and safe.

Original review: May 11, 2018

My daughter ordered off the Peg Perego website and it was nice to see the variety of infant items. My grandson was a preemie and we also found a car seat for his 5 pound weight range. I like the front and rear facing features. However, the harness seems stiff and I wonder if there is a kit we could purchase. I find that the safety of having such a wonderful product makes it more comfortable to take the baby on outings. On the other hand, I am so glad my daughter came across the Peg Perego website. It was a bit pricey but my daughter was able to contact a representative from the Peg Perego company and she was able to help my daughter and I to decide on a particular car seat. This car seat definitely fits very small babies up to 60 pounds. It also swivels which is a nice feature as we have an SUV. I will be looking for your other amazing products soon.

Peg Perego expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Peg Perego is an Italian luxury baby products manufacturer founded in 1949. In 1987 it expanded to the United States, and Peg Perego US is headquartered in Fort Wayne, Indiana. It specializes in car seats, strollers, high chairs and more. Its car seats are known for their classic appearance and advanced safety features.

• Side impact protection: Injuries to the head, neck and spine are the biggest risks in car crashes involving an infant, so Peg Perego car seats have adjustable side impact protection to keep your child’s head safe in a crash.

• Anti-rebound bar: Peg Perego’s infant car seats feature a solid, anti-rebound bar to keep the seat in place during a crash. The bar folds under the seat when it is being used forward-facing.

• Convenient travel system: Peg Perego’s infant seats snap attached to their stroller models with no additional parts or adjustments necessary, making it convenient to move the infant seat to a stroller on the go.

• Primo Viaggio Convertible seat: Peg Perego’s Primo Viaggio Convertible car seat can be used from 5 to 45 pounds rear-facing and from 22 to 65 pounds forward-facing and starts around $320. It features side impact protection, shock- and energy-absorbing foam, a steel back plate to reduce forward movement and a five-point safety harness.

• Retailers: Peg Perego car seats are available for purchase on its website and at some retailers, such as buybuy BABY and select independent boutiques across the United States. Use the store locator feature on the Peg Perego website to find one near you.

• Best for: parents and caregivers who want a safe, luxury car seat.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Peg Perego Company Information

us.pegperego.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business